Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Hyperspace

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Re: Hyperspace

*Looking up as the womans' hand touched him he was struck by her beauty. Leaning back so he could see more of her he smiled a greeting.*

Princess hope I didn't wake you. Though you are looking particularly sexy right now....... so I think I can manage to live with the guilt if I did.

*His eyes went over every inch o fher he could see looking for a visible manifestation of an interest she might have in him.*

To answer your question: I have to go make a deal with a hutt on Tatooine. Not very pleasant but business is business.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:03 pm

But i need to get to Alderaan. is it hot in here?

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:59 pm

*His mind overflowed with possibilities as his eyes traced first her lips, then a path down to her throat. ondering if they were as soft as they looked...*

Don't worry sweetheart. We'll run to Tatooine, deal with the Hutt so I don't have bounty hunters up my backside, and then get your gorgeous self to Alderaan in record time.

*An idea coming to him, he shifted around a bit.... as if he were just noticing that he were hot, though he kept it cool because of his favored long coat. The same coat he took off now, standing up so as to have room.... which also, quite coincidentally and not planned at all....hehe, placed him a mere inch from Andrea's body, just a thin amount of space preventing him from rubing against her.

Given they're close range, he lowered his voice a bit, not needing to talk at a normal volume now.*

Now that you mention it, you're right. Too busy to notice I guess.

hope you don't mind if I get a bit more comfortable, which you're welcome to do as well, by the way.

*Pulling his suspenders down from his shoulders, the zeltronian reached to unbutton his over shirt. He had to supress a smile as the backs of his hands started closing the distance between them.....

He loweered his voice further, just barely whispering in the close confines they were in.*

It seems that wearing so much on a regular basis does have a few drawbacks, doesn't it?

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:43 pm

*From The other side of the Universe, The Illusive Man attempted to smile in the hood but alas years without smileing had left his smile muscles so under-developed that they were not able to form the necessary lip parted crescent that humans used to show "happiness". His frown however easily manipulated the fabric once he realized he could not smoke through it.* :: I should hope so... However, it is your eyes that must be open my... friend... My ears in the senate tell me that your attack was poorly received. You executed your part of the plan perfectly, the Republic is growing in strength and will be ready for the coming storm. My agents there have penetrated the upper echelons and... ::

*The Illusive Man stopped himself, then continued.* :: This isn't about me of course, but about you. They are scared that the Yuuzhan Vong have returned in force but are unconvinced that you were working alone, their intelligence nets are being thrown in many directions, which is all part of the plan... However their greatest concentration of forces is directed at you. They are commissioning the harvesting of Baffor Pollen, the pollen your crab armor is so violently allergic too. A jedi and Republic Commandos are being dispatched in covert groups to scout stereotypical Yuuzhan Vong locations, they have not left yet, but their departure is imminent. ::

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:04 am

* she started to do the same as Bronco and backed away giving them a little space. not that she minded it at all. she slipped off her Jedi robe that touched the floor then her belt and kept removing clothes until she was wearing a light shirt and khaki pants * i see whats going on here Bronco

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:54 am

[quote="The Illusive Man":2g51d3io][size=50:2g51d3io][narration:2g51d3io]From The other side of the Universe, The Illusive Man attempted to smile in the hood but alas years without smileing had left his smile muscles so under-developed that they were not able to form the necessary lip parted crescent that humans used to show "happiness". His frown however easily manipulated the fabric once he realized he could not smoke through it.[/narration:2g51d3io] [comlink:2g51d3io]I should hope so... However, it is your eyes that must be open my... friend... My ears in the senate tell me that your attack was poorly received. You executed your part of the plan perfectly, the Republic is growing in strength and will be ready for the coming storm. My agents there have penetrated the upper echelons and...[/comlink:2g51d3io]

[narration:2g51d3io]The Illusive Man stopped himself, then continued.[/narration:2g51d3io] [comlink:2g51d3io]This isn't about me of course, but about you. They are scared that the Yuuzhan Vong have returned in force but are unconvinced that you were working alone, their intelligence nets are being thrown in many directions, which is all part of the plan... However their greatest concentration of forces is directed at you. They are commissioning the harvesting of Baffor Pollen, the pollen your crab armor is so violently allergic too. A jedi and Republic Commandos are being dispatched in covert groups to scout stereotypical Yuuzhan Vong locations, they have not left yet, but their departure is imminent.[/comlink:2g51d3io][/size:2g51d3io][/quote:2g51d3io]

[action:2g51d3io]That last comment caused his brow to rise.[/action:2g51d3io] [narration:2g51d3io]Baffor pollen? Ah, very clever. It was perhaps the only weakness vonduun skerr kyrric possessed, aside from overwhelming force and pressure. Although Nem had not been present at the Ithor campaign during the war, he had heard the tales about members of the warrior caste being squished inside of their own armour, suffocating to death prior to having their guts squeezed out of every available orifice like a tube of toothpaste.[/narration:2g51d3io] [action:2g51d3io]His eyes sacs pulsed again with renewed vigor, though he offered only a passive shrug and cautionary words as a form of response.[/action:2g51d3io]

[comlink:2g51d3io][i:2g51d3io]I assume the use of baffor pollen came at a senator's suggestion, not that of the Jeedai, for they would know the folly in such action. Biological warfare has a nasty habit of escalating. They use baffor pollen on our warrior caste, we respond with the vongspawn virus, various spores, bacta plague...the list is near endless. For fear of the result I have hesitated to make use of such dastardly weapons, preferring a more civilized form of warfare for a modern age.[/i:2g51d3io][/comlink:2g51d3io] [action:2g51d3io]His tone soured.[/action:2g51d3io] [comlink:2g51d3io][i:2g51d3io]This will remove any and all rules from the table. Unfortunate, though I believe my people hold the upper hand when it comes to matters of decay.[/i:2g51d3io][/comlink:2g51d3io]

[narration:2g51d3io]As for the typical Yuuzhan Vong locations, Nem could think of only one that they would be aware of. Zonama Sekot, the current home of the Praetorite council. Formerly they had been hosted on Tur Yenagh, a world known only to the Yuuzhan Vong and a few select others, though after the Intendant had left the second seed world with the raiding force he had grown, the Praetorite had shortly after lost contact with it. Regardless, which target the Republic would investigate would be clear. Sekot, it could be nowhere else.[/narration:2g51d3io]

[comlink:2g51d3io][i:2g51d3io]This news of commandos and Jeedai is less troubling. Intriguing, even. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity for misdirection. A trap, to ensnare minds if not bodies as well.[/i:2g51d3io][/comlink:2g51d3io] [action:2g51d3io]He nodded.[/action:2g51d3io] [comlink:2g51d3io][i:2g51d3io]Illusive Man, this is quite the opportunity you have presented us with. From Sekot...[/i:2g51d3io][/comlink:2g51d3io] [narration:2g51d3io]He identified the logical choice.[/narration:2g51d3io] [comlink:2g51d3io][i:2g51d3io]...the Jeedai can be lured to Myrkr. The Praetorite has been working on cultivating Voxyn these last few months. They can only be grown there, as the Jeedai will know, for it was they that destroyed the original program on Myrkr. A world where their powers will be limited at best. If I were to bring a few voxyn to Sekot and unleash them on the Jeedai, they would have the lead they seek, believing full well my people also have a presence on Myrkr. Which we do, albeit a very small shaping facility.[/i:2g51d3io][/comlink:2g51d3io] [action:2g51d3io]His tone spoke of delight.[/action:2g51d3io] [comlink:2g51d3io][i:2g51d3io]Yes, I like this. I will have to move quickly to prepare, but this is most fortuitous. Thank you for the warning. There is much to do.[/i:2g51d3io][/comlink:2g51d3io]

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:38 am

[quote="Andrea Skywalker":33ohgkvn]* she started to do the same as Bronco and backed away giving them a little space. not that she minded it at all. she slipped off her Jedi robe that touched the floor then her belt and kept removing clothes until she was wearing a light shirt and khaki pants * i see whats going on here Bronco[/quote:33ohgkvn]

[narration:33ohgkvn]A slight feeling of disapointment passed through him as she backed up, soon replaced with interest as she went about removing her outer clothes. His own hands working to free himself from his own restraining fabrics.[/narration:33ohgkvn]

[color=#BF40FF:33ohgkvn]Oh, princess? and what's that?

[narration:33ohgkvn]He smiled at her, his eyes making their way up her body and back tou her face. Pouring as much innocence as he could...... not that he'd ever had any to begin with.[/narration:33ohgkvn]

Is one of us up to something that I don't know about?

[narration:33ohgkvn]He stopped pulling his now open shirt from his pants to try and cover his bare chest modestly, not that he'd ever had any modesty either.[/narration:33ohgkvn]

Did you mess with the internal temperature to get me out of my clothes? I am shocked and flattered that you would do such a thing......... [narration:33ohgkvn]dropping his hands, he bared his chest letting her get a better look at him.[/narration:33ohgkvn]but you shouldn't have, if you wanted me undressed all you had to do was ask.[/color:33ohgkvn]

[narration:33ohgkvn]He started undiong his pants, a smile forming on his lips.[/narration:33ohgkvn]

[color=#BF40FF:33ohgkvn]For you, I'll drop my pants anywhere, anytime.[/color:33ohgkvn]

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:27 pm

* she glared at him. one of them was getting closer to the other. the next thing she knew she grabbed he shirt and took it off as well as her pants * you're just going along with this. you have buisness with a Hutt. Hutts involve slaves and i am the only other one here. face it i know your little plan

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:13 am

*Putting his hands on his hips, Bronco shook his head ata her logic.*

So I have business with a hutt, and that means I'm going to sell you to him.

*His pants fell to his knees.*

That's right Princess, they do deal in slaves. They also deal in secrets, weapons, drugs, and any other thing you can imagine.

*He hopped forward, his pants sliding further down his legs.*

Just because I have a beautiful woman with me does not mean I'm going to sell her. Kiss her definitely, sell her..... that depends on her. Do you want to be a slave?

*His right hand reached forward, slightly curled to allow the backs of his fingers to brush her cheek.*

Or is there perhaps a way I could be in your life instead?

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:37 am

* she had to do something. she just stood there. one of them was moving closer to the other or maybe it was both of them. she had gotten distracted by him somehow. she moved in close and the next thing she knew they were both kissing * you do whatever you have to do

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:47 pm

*He kissed her back gently, relishing the feel of her lips, the taste of her mouth. Moving his head back just enough to speak, he ran his right hand across her cheek and buried it in her hair.*

What I have to do, Princess, is kiss you.

*He brushed his lips across hers again.*

And unless you have other plans, I think I'd like to focus on that for a while.

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:48 am

* she giggled a bit and smiled at him * you remember that bed in there? * it was obvious what se was trying to say to him *

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:15 am

*Bronco smiled down at her, catching her intent before she even opened her mouth.*

I remember it, Princess. Do you remember the way? .... Or should I carry you?

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:07 am

[size=50:17ne9yxx][quote="Nem Yin":17ne9yxx][narration:17ne9yxx]It took a cold rodder to feign comfort and affection towards someone so afflicted with self doubt and emotional anguish, but that was just the sort of creature Nem was. At one point in his long existence he might have actually felt sympathy for her; however, several lifetimes worth of violent conflict and bitter resentment had left him barren on the inside. Now there was only a deep well of cruelty, a place emotions fell into and disappeared forever. It wasn't just a Yuuzhan Vong thing...it was a Nem thing, black and repulsive, just like the Intendant.[/narration:17ne9yxx]

[action:17ne9yxx]Already uneasy with the physical contact, he released her and stepped away, looking down into her eyes with his glowing orbs. His eye sacks pulsed, as they tended to do, though any trace of human emotion could hardly be expressed. He cracked his jaw open a few inches and attempted to force back his taut cheeks, forcing an unnatural approximation of a smile upon his twisted features. It came out warped and wrong, but he held the expression, speaking to her in the vacant hall.[/action:17ne9yxx]

[i:17ne9yxx][color=#00FFBF:17ne9yxx]"I've seen worse."[/color:17ne9yxx][/i:17ne9yxx] [narration:17ne9yxx]Indeed he had.[/narration:17ne9yxx] [i:17ne9yxx][color=#00FFBF:17ne9yxx]"You'll harden and grow stronger from the experience. To survive we must adapt. I know that may be strange to hear from a Yuuzhan Vong, but I have found it to be true. During the war, Shimrra, the leader of my people at the time, led my domain to near extinction. My brothers, sisters, friends...all dead. We are meant to feel pain, you see, but of the flesh only. Spiritually and emotionally, we suffer the same as you, perhaps even more so."[/color:17ne9yxx][/i:17ne9yxx] [action:17ne9yxx]He reached to his left hip and drew his organic dagger, holding the serrated blade aloft and then pointing the tip at the wall.[/action:17ne9yxx] [i:17ne9yxx][color=#00FFBF:17ne9yxx]"I wanted to take my coufee and thrust it into Shimrra's guts, twist and tear, bleed him as he bled the ones I loved. Yet before I could commit to the act, he was dead, killed by the hand of another. I was alone, full of despair, misery, and self-loathing."[/color:17ne9yxx][/i:17ne9yxx]

[narration:17ne9yxx]Though he initially intended to act to make his point, the words he spoke were entirely true.[/narration:17ne9yxx] [action:17ne9yxx]He found that the further he explained his thoughts, the more inflamed by passion he became, stirring memories best left buried.[/action:17ne9yxx] [narration:17ne9yxx]Damn it, Nem! Get to the point before this false empathy becomes real.[/narration:17ne9yxx]

[i:17ne9yxx][color=#00FFBF:17ne9yxx]"After Shimrra died, many of my people committed warrior suicide for the sake of maintaining their honour. Yet mine was forever lost when that rodder was gutted by the hand of another. No vengeance, no bitter sweet revenge, no...justice. It was by far the darkest hour of my life. I should have given up, anyone else would have, but I couldn't. I refused to let him have the last laugh. So I hardened, found strength in my despair, turned it into something productive."[/color:17ne9yxx][/i:17ne9yxx] [action:17ne9yxx]He sheathed his coufee.[/action:17ne9yxx] [i:17ne9yxx][color=#00FFBF:17ne9yxx]"My domain yet lives. Small in number though it may be...it lives. I did that. Pity, fear, despair...these things are meant to be harnessed, transformed into something real and far more potent than any force imaginable."[/color:17ne9yxx][/i:17ne9yxx]

[action:17ne9yxx]Nem extended his hand towards Shay, turning his palm and offering to take her own into his.[/action:17ne9yxx]

[i:17ne9yxx][color=#00FFBF:17ne9yxx]"Come with me, Shay. I want to show you something that I think will help."[/color:17ne9yxx][/i:17ne9yxx]

[narration:17ne9yxx]Trust me...[/narration:17ne9yxx][/quote:17ne9yxx][/size:17ne9yxx]

*[color=#FF4040:17ne9yxx][i:17ne9yxx]The emotions mentioned by the Vong were strange to Shay, all be it she had felt them before. For a Jedi, pain, and hat and fear should all be taken yes, but not allowed to flourish. Fear led to hate, hate to anger, and anger to suffering. Those were words written on most Jedi's hearts, and it kept most of them still treading on the path of Ashla. As Shay thought of the early years of her life, learning under jedi masters and such, the basics of the lightside of the force, she thought she might feel better, find stability like she had when she first arrived here. Upon her capture, she felt like she was a more advanced Jedi than she was now. Before, it was second nature for her to look at the bright side, to learn, to be content. Now, she had been forced to pick at the beginning of learning for a Jedi, to relearn what she had forgotten on this cursed ship, like a youngling all over again.

But the more she thought about that last statement, the more she came to realize that, she was suffering regardless of her emotions. The first few weeks that she was mildly content, and really not suffering much at all, held no candle to now. She felt more like a slave, a captive now than ever before. And she hated it. If those dark, dreadful emotions were created out of situations, why not put them to use? Why hold them back and ignore them? Perhaps Nem was right. Perhaps had he been a sith, she might have questioned it further, but Shay was tired, a victim of the pirates and even of herself, and she didn't feel like fighting anymore. [/i:17ne9yxx][/color:17ne9yxx]*

I suppose you're right...

*[color=#FF4040:17ne9yxx][i:17ne9yxx]She said, softly as she took his hand, the contemplative look still painting her already painted face. Looking up at him as she walked with him, she continued speaking.[/i:17ne9yxx][/color:17ne9yxx]*

Those emotions of pain and anger are discouraged by the Jedi. They take people to a mindset that...we, the order tries to avoid.

*[color=#FF4040:17ne9yxx][i:17ne9yxx]She thought about his story, of his people and his opportunity for revenge being snatched away by another. All care had not yet left her. She was still, for all intent and purposes, a Jedi. Her maroon eyes took on a softer appearance, for a moment, putting aside her own problems to feel sympathy for a creature that obviously could feel emotional pain, even if the physical equivalent was encouraged by the race. But it was how he recovered from that, which intrigued Shay. Rather than shunning his anger at the situation, he had taken it, and like the various organic items he had incorporated onto himself to make him better able to survive, he had taken those painful emotions and allowed them to make him stronger. Which left the question of why the Jedi hid from them so much. [/i:17ne9yxx][/color:17ne9yxx]*

I'm so sorry Nem. Your past and even your present seem to be against you... and yet, here you are, pushing through it.

*[color=#FF4040:17ne9yxx][i:17ne9yxx]Though she was curious as to what Nem spoke of that might 'help' the thing that was the forefront of her mind at present was the Vong himself, and her own inferiority. Certainly everyone cracked eventually, but picking up the pieces again and putting ones' self back together was a symbol of true strength, right? With a narrowed expression, determined, Shay spoke once more.[/i:17ne9yxx][/color:17ne9yxx]*

It won't be like this all the time though...I'm sure. We all have our braking points right? But that doesn't mean we remain broken forever.

*[color=#FF4040:17ne9yxx][i:17ne9yxx]She took a breath and lowered her gaze, the images of the past hour replaying in her mind again. She wondered about the damaged crew member, and how he might be recovering from what she had done to him. Was he still cowering in the corner? Would he recover? Well if she would, then he certainly could, after all, he was a part of those who had enslaved her. He best recover. Rather than guilt she felt for the situation now, she only felt a bitter resentment about it, and a small part of her thought that she probably should have done more to the man, so that he couldn't recover, so that he would fully know how she felt. And it was that thought process that was awakened, and had continued to grow sense the senate building on Coruscant. [/i:17ne9yxx][/color:17ne9yxx]*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:25 am

*That was something so undeniably sweet about the girl that it almost made what he was about to do that much worse. He had to remind himself that what he intended to do was in the togruta's best interest. In fact, it was in all their best interests. At this point in time, even without the spineray, he wouldn't have been concerned about her turning on him. They had formed a bond or sorts, however weird a bond that might be, but a bond none the less. Yet the threat of insanity remained and the last thing Nem wanted was for his prized puppet to turn into another Maya. This act he was set upon, it was a must, it had to happen.*

*Nem's hard grey hand slid over the girl's smaller reddish hand and held it, leading her almost like a parent would a child, away from the dark corridor they were in. The Intendant's head was bowed, thinking on the last statement Shay had made to him.* *'We all have breaking points', she had said. Aye, that much was true. She was further correct with her followup statement, suggesting that a broken state need not last forever. If his own culture had taught him one thing above all else, it was that anything could be fixed and improved upon.* *He offered her palm a comforting squeeze as they walked, somewhat lost in his thoughts. With his hood pulled back, his glowing mqaaq'it fully illuminated the area ahead, cutting down the shadows as they parted the darkness.*

*Eventually they came upon the entrance to cargo bay four.* *It was the one place aboard the ship that felt truly homely to the Yuuzhan Vong. Probably because it had been extensively modified by Dezhaan and Saariza. Instead of a set of hydraulic doors, the bay was sealed by an organic hatch-sphincter.* *Nem placed his palm against the organic frame and stroked the activation reflex, causing the door to split as it retracted up into the walls, revealing the lambent lit interior of the bay. Every surface in the bay was covered in grey yorik-coral, firm and strong, yet warm to the touch and seeming to pulse with life. The Intendant led Shay inside, still holding her hand in his right palm. His left arm he held up, almost as if to say 'ta-da!'.* *Home sweat home.*

"It gets better, Shay. When we fall and fail in life, it is only by the will of the Yun'o so that we might rise again to succeed. You have fallen, little togruta. Others would have you stay down, but I believe it is time for you to get up once more, to stand in defiance as opposed to kneel and submit." *His eye sacks pulsed.* "You have suffered so, my dear, but I will help you move beyond it. Beyond pain, beyond woe, beyond fear." *Releasing her hand, Nem stepped forwards and thrust his arm towards one corner of the bay, extending his index digit towards a dimly lit rack. As if on cue, the lambent lighting in the corner began to brighten, shining with sparkling light on a seemingly flat and unremarkable surface.* *The tentacles and appendages of the Embrace were currently concealed.* *The Intendant moved to the rack and placed his hands upon its surface, bowing his head and closing his eyes in order to savor the moment. Eventually his mqaaq'it opened and his head turned back to Shay, fixing her with a knowing state.*

"If you are tired of playing the victim, then lay here." *He patted the rack.* "This will see that you are never one again."

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:03 am

*Shay felt it, from the gentle squeeze of her hand, to the way Nem led her away from the place of her sin. He felt that what he was doing was right, at least to himself. And why should Shay doubt him. They had aught with one another when she had first come, but that struggle was the doorway to a strange relationship between captive and captor. For an unexplainable reason, the young Togruta trusted this creature, probably more than she would trust the other Jedi on the ship, probably more than she would trust some of the Jedi she knew back at the temple. Now she was starting to doubt what she had been taught, all be it quietly. And Nem seemed to understand that some how.

As they reached the strange door and Nem caused it to split and open Shay walked into the cargo bay with widened awestruck eyes. It almost felt like she wasn't even on a ship anymore. The cold atmosphere of space melted away to a strange sensation of warm life, rather than void like metal of a ship. It almost made her want to explore everything, touch it, experience it. Though, she was sure that something in this room might just up and bit her hand off. Even still, she looked around with fascination as she took a few more steps into the room, not straying too far from Nem's side. The past happenings in the darkened hallway continued to be pushed farther to the back of her mind.

Oh, Nem, this place...it's so interesting!

*She suddenly said, and then quickly quieted herself as the Yuuzhan Vong continued speaking. Quickly becoming attentive to his voice, she began to feel that he really did care what happened to her on this ship. Well he did, to some degree, but perhaps not to the same degree as the young Jedi was allowing herself to believe. Her maroon eyes fixated on him as he pointed toward the corner of the room, and her gaze followed his motion to rest upon the flat surface of something unfamiliar to her. Though her eyebrow lifted in question, her voice sopke regarding what he had said.*

Why do you care so much about my state? I've always wondered....why you're not like the others.

*She hoped he didn't take offense to this, because she wasn't being sarcastic or hateful. She was genuinely curious, and she hoped her expression showed that. She knew Vong had a difficult time with their facial expressions when it came to other humanoid races. It never seemed to bother Shay, but she wondered how well Nem knew how others spoke with their eyes and with their faces. Perhaps she'd ask him later.

Right now, he was indicating the strange wall, now lit well by the lighting in the room which seemed to flux on cue as he moved. It was something else that intrigued her. Again though, it would have to wait till later. Now Nem seemed to want to show her how to push past pain and fear. Maybe that was what he was getting at the whole time. The two concepts must work in tandem some how. But now Shay was curious as to how he would accomplish this, and what she would go through to get there. It was another opportunity to learn though, right?

Briefly she hesitated, cautiousness suddenly shooting itself into her mind. There was something wrong here. Why did she suddenly feel so anxious? Closing her eyes and stilling her mind, she figured that anything on this ship had a right to make her feel uneasy. The force was just as paranoid as she was, she supposed. And besides, a lot had changed in her mind over the past few hours. That might have something to do with it. And Nem had given her absolutely no reason to distrust him.

So, with a slow nod she gave Nem a strange, trusting glance, and made her way over to the object he had indicated. The eagerness to learn something new, from some other race was mingled with a strange hollow dread that was slowly creeping upon her. The positive emotion won out though as she lay back against the extended wall, looking at Nem with question in her eyes, and wondering if she was preforming the action he wanted of her, correctly. Though, one could argue that even if she had serious doubts about the situation, there was little she could do about it. After all, she was still a captive and she had to keep reminding herself of that when in the Yuuzhan Vong's presence.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:54 am

[quote="Anna":9y8rlsuw]Why do you care so much about my state? I've always wondered....why you're not like the others.[/quote:9y8rlsuw]

[action:9y8rlsuw]The Intendant's brow rose slightly.[/action:9y8rlsuw] [narration:9y8rlsuw]A curious question deserving of an answer. Nem wasn't like the others for a multitude of reasons. However, to say he was an exception to the rest of the crew was not entirely accurate. Every member of Arkan's criminal council had their own reason for being aboard the Cutlass and doing the things that they did. At first the Yuuzhan Vong's well treatment of the togruta was given as a measure of respect, their first encounter involving a near battle to the death that would have been quite thrilling to play out in full. After that she had become an ear he could confide in, not willing to spill out his guts to any other member of the crew for fear of it being used against him or ruining his 'creepy' image. Then sometime later, when he had deemed to fit her with the inhibiting device, she had been a pawn in a game of power. A piece on the board that belonged to Nem alone. If he might one day mutiny, which while unlikely was not entirely improbable, she would be a valuable resource to lean on. Now as he came to fully comprehend his destiny in the galaxy as a scion of his people and a leader of the anti-force movement, he came to think of Shay as a tool. It was cruel and unfair, especially given the hope and purity her presence seemed to exude, but it was a must.[/narration:9y8rlsuw] [action:9y8rlsuw]He blinked once, then twice, before fixing her with an indifferent stare and shrugging his shoulders.[/action:9y8rlsuw]

[i:9y8rlsuw][color=#00FFBF:9y8rlsuw]"I'm just a nice guy I guess."[/color:9y8rlsuw][/i:9y8rlsuw] [action:9y8rlsuw]He lied aloud.[/action:9y8rlsuw] [i:9y8rlsuw][color=#00FFBF:9y8rlsuw]"As for why I'm not like the others, beyond the obvious reasons, they are all in this for the money. Credits are important to them above all other things. I don't really care much for credits. Friendship is far more valuable to me, and while credits can buy you that, I'm looking for the sort that it can't. Friendship without strings attached. Loyalty. There is a war brewing, Shay. Eventually it is going to consume the galaxy. The sad part is that most folks don't even know that it is coming. When it hits, you'll be happy to have a friend like me, Shay. You can count on it."[/color:9y8rlsuw][/i:9y8rlsuw]

[action:9y8rlsuw]Pausing from his blabbering, he moved to her side and began to manipulate an organic console. The Embrace of Pain was regulated by its own qahsa, that being a form of organic computer.[/action:9y8rlsuw] [narration:9y8rlsuw]It monitored the users vitals at all times, making sure that despite all the pain inflicted on a person, they didn't succumb to death or debilitating injury. After long arduous torture sessions it would often put the victim out and replenish their body with fluids and nutrients via injection. A person could potentially remain in the Embrace for years and never come to serious harm. Well, at least not physically. It had a nasty habit of mentally breaking people after only a few hours. With Shay being a Jeedai, Nem reckoned she would probably last a few days before losing herself to the physical agony. It would be curious to watch one way or another.[/narration:9y8rlsuw] [action:9y8rlsuw]As he played with the controls, tentacle appendages emerged from rack and began to wrap themselves around the togruta's limbs, holding her in place to prevent escape or excess movement.[/action:9y8rlsuw]

[i:9y8rlsuw][color=#00FFBF:9y8rlsuw]"You should consider yourself lucky, Shay. Only a handful of Jeedai have experienced what you are about to. This device is called the Embrace of Pain. Have you heard of it? My people use it for meditation, though we have found that your infidel races consider it to be a form of torture. It is all very technical but suffice it to say, the rack cuts, burns, plucks, squeezes, rubs, pulls, tears..."[/color:9y8rlsuw][/i:9y8rlsuw] [action:9y8rlsuw]He went on for about a minute listing various unpleasant sounding verbs.[/action:9y8rlsuw] [i:9y8rlsuw][color=#00FFBF:9y8rlsuw]"...slices, and stabs. You won't need to worry about any lasting damage. The rack has its own inbuilt medical application as well. You remember the healing swatches from the med-bay, yes? Like that, only a little more advanced. However, the pain will be real and I imagine quite unpleasant. If I was using it to interrogate someone I might set it for four hours or so, but you are a tough girl, so lets start off with a nice round number. Twelve hours to start. Don't worry about passing out. The Embrace contains a number of stimulant injections that should keep you awake throughout the entire process. Shall we begin?"[/color:9y8rlsuw][/i:9y8rlsuw]

[action:9y8rlsuw]Nem didn't wait to hear her answer; he had already turned it on...[/action:9y8rlsuw]

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:52 pm

*It was upon my sixteenth birthday on a regular day, well as regular as any other, or at least it should have been....*

*I woke up to the sunlight that flooded my room it was so deceptive, tucked up in a warm bed one could easily mistake the situation for being on any planet but Ando Prime wasn't just any planet as far as things went it was a tad warmer then Hoth and therefore it was decided that it was hospitable, which ever nut job decided this I very much wished to meet so I could kick them.

I groaned and rolled out of bed quite literally and lay slumped upon the less warm floor for a few minutes before rising to hit the refresher, once having doused myself in the warmest experience one could find on Ando I quickly; quickly being the operative word, put on warm clothes which encompassed of thick trousers, a woolen shirt, a second woolen shirt, a fleece and over this a jacket which was beautiful shade of bright orange, most attractive. Yet since the death of my parents in a mind shaft explosion I had no choice but to take on their job and work of their credit, or at least try yo. Try to work of credit owed to a Hutt, yeah and right up until that point I thought describing Ando Prime as hospitable was crazy.

So here I was to spend most likely the rest of my sorry existence working of a never ending and ever growing debt of which I wasn't sure existed in the first place, but hey this was a criminal world of the beaten track that know one cared about.

I stepped out of my apartment and rode the turbolift with several others down to the ground floor where we, we being many individuals clad in the gaudy orange jackets clambered aboard hover lorries that would ferry us toward the mine to begin our shift.*

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:42 pm

L19 Freighter

*She inserted the credit chip into her datapad and winced at the reading. Hardly anything left. It was going to be a rough ride, and yet, she couldn't seem to concentrate on that. It wasn't her empty pockets that was twisting up her insides. She removed the chip and returned it to the compartment in her power armor, then rested her elbows on her knees and dropped her head into her hands.

Within the freighter's cabin, she could hear the hum of the hyperdrive as they entered hyperspace. It would take some time to sort through the files Boocha had provided for them, but they would have a lot of leads to go on. Ugh, she was still thinking in terms of sticking with Pago, when she really should be thinking about saving her own hide. But he was all she could think about, anymore. Manipulative Jedi. Sexy damn mouth. Nope, think of something else. She pulled her sidearm from her legplate and began to disassemble it for cleaning and recharging.

As her hands worked, her mind continued to wander elsewhere. Well, she hadn't really expected to keep her career, had she? She'd even teased Pago about it, that he'd better be the one to employ her once the Hutt was through with her. But that was just it, she hadn't expected Boocha to GRAB her, and threaten her that way. The idea of her life ending as one of his pieces of eye candy sent waves of revulsion through her. She wouldn't last a day. So, what now...? Finish the job with Pago and get the information Boocha wanted? Then change her appearance, her name, settle down on some backwater planet and get a thanklessly grueling job that paid almost nothing.

Who was she kidding. She could never live the straight life. She needed to move, needed the chase, the rush of adrenaline when she had to leap and wasn't sure if her landing would be hard or soft. Whether or not he wanted to admit it, Pago needed that life, too. Her hands jerked, and if she'd not been wearing her gloves, she'd have sliced her palm open on the sharp edge of her blaster's open cell.

She sighed and fell back against the bed, throwing her arm over her eyes. Kriff, he'd like as not gotten her killed, worse, broke, and she still wanted to be around him.*

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:03 pm

L19 Freighter

There was a soft rap on the door that led to the cabin Priya had been using, followed closely by a squeak of a voice.

" Pretty Lady? Val may come in?"

Without so much as waiting for a response the door slid open, Val the Squib padding inside with a small tray in her hands, holding it out to Priya respectfully, though still a bit overwhelmed by the taller, much more imposing woman.

" Made lunch. Dreeka fish. Very crispy, very tasty. Pretty Lady needs to eat; been long time since last food, or no?"

She placed the tray on the bed, a plate on it containing a few fried root vegetables and several strips of breaded fish, still steaming to signal they had just been finished. She shifted uncomfortably afterwards, as if she wanted to stay but also desired to retreat as expeditiously as possible. Her paws rubbed together, lightly pulling at her gloves due to nerves.

" He's not all bad."

Val yelped quietly, covering her mouth as if surprised at her own words.

" Not Val's place to say, ya know? But ... But thinks should say. Cans tell is upset ... Mister Pago, not so bright sometimes? Flickering bulb. Sometimes on, sometimes off. But heart."

She placed both of her paws over her chest at the last word, gently tapping her sternum twice.

" Heart is always on. Got Val in much trouble, you bet. Nearly killed. Would have been at Great Trash Heap In The Sky, free to tinker, free to build. Would be very happy Squib. Mister Pago took that away. Made Val run, run from bad things. Very bad things. Val stayed because had nowhere else. Was angry. Left home. Left family. Left own junkyards to build in."

The little Squib sighed, her ears folding down a bit in dejection.

" Saved Val's life, you bet. Hated Mister Pago for long time for it. But Mister Pago always take care of Val. Even when angry, upset, snarling, claws bared ... Took care."

Val smiled softly, gently nudging the food closer to Priya to encourage her to at least eat to appease her culinary talents.

" Is Val Best Friend. Best Friend of all, you bet."
PreviousNext

Return to Within Hyperspace