Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Hyperspace

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Perses Station

*There is something in Isabella's inflection that, to Siroun, suggests that she is more amused by the conversation than trying to be amusing and the fact that she either makes another deductive leap - concluding from the only thing that she and presumably the Mandalorian woman, who has remained silent other than to repeat the fact that she is here to meet with someone called Operator, has been told about Operator is the Mandalorian is here to meet with him or her that Operator is in a command role - or, intentionally or unintentionally, reveals that she knows more than she would like Siroun and the Mandalorian to believe that she knows, seems strange; suggesting either that she is prone to such leaps or is amusing herself by keeping what she knows to herself and, gauging from her self-satisfied chuckle and expression, enjoying being in a position of knowing information she could and, given that all three of them are presumably on the same team, most likely should share with Siroun and the Mandalorian.

All of that is speculation, of course, and while Siroun feels as though a game is being played by Isabella, she knows that there is not, as yet, sufficient supporting evidence to definitively conclude that her supposition is founded.*
*Smiling and cupping her left hand as though holding an imaginary datapad, Siroun uses her right hand to mime writing upon the imaginary datapad with an equally imaginary stylus as she says in a light, bantering tone that conveys the joke she is making is meant to be at her own expense and not Isabella's,* "Has issues with men in positions of authority, *and then, returning her right hand to her hip pocket, ignores the implicit invitation to voice an opinion about whether leadership ability is in any way determined or affected by one's gender, observes in an amused tone while looking into Isabella's eyes to gauge her reaction to what she will say,* I'm not sure that we can conclude from the mere fact that, *she motions with her left hand towards the Mandalorian woman,* she is here to meet with someone called Operator, that Operator is in a command position any more than we can conclude that Operator is a woman. *Given that all indications thufsar point to an indefinite continuation of the present situation - all three of them not knowing or pretending not to know what the larger picture is and waiting for or pretending to wait for someone to arrive to get them oriented - Siroun suggests with a smile, borrowing some of Isabella's phrasings to convey that can agree with the woman's observation that things thusfar do indeed have a certain degree of class to them,* Why don't we see if one of the non-drunkards or non-hooligans in sight can alert someone in charge to the fact that we've arrived?"

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:17 pm

Re: Perses Station - Docking Bay

*As Dadurian and Isabella continue chattering, Neassa, having concluded that whether Isabella knows more than she is letting on as the doctor's points seem to suggest or not the woman is not likely to get her any closer to her objective of finding Operator any time soon, nods when Dadurian suggests that they ask one of the hangar crew if anyone has been notified of their arrivals and, once she has spotted the nearest member of the crew wearing yellow - since that is the color used to denote officers in charge - walks over to the male Duros and, after asking if anyone has been alerted to the fact that she and Dadurian have arrived, thanks him when he informs her that, yes, word had been sent to "the appropriate channels" as soon as she and Dadurian had transmitted their codes.

Returning to Dadurian and Isabella, Neassa says,*
:: Notification of our arrivals has already been sent, :: *and, drumming the fingers of her right hand on the handle of the DL-44 holstered on her thigh, turns to scan the flight deck for the locations of the turbolifts or entrances so she can keep an eye on them for any new arrivals that might be Operator or someone else that might be coming to meet them.*

Affiliation:

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:33 am

Perses Station

Isabelle smiles and laughs as the doctor speaks, though it is a mask for her irritation with the chosen words and actions of the doctor.

Is she mocking me? Did she really just say that? Sure she may have been joking but I worked very hard to get here, unlike men who are gift wrapped big assignments. Alright, the games are over.

She smiled once again but this time it contained more arrogance than amusement.

"Allow me to reintroduce myself, my name is Isabelle Eoura,"

She walked toward the two of them stopping at an arms reach before looking at Neassa and taking on a Cathar accent once more.

"The Operator of this station."

She then dropped the accent again and looked at the doctor silently before turning and walking toward the interior of the facility motioning for them to follow.

"Welcome to Perses Station. I must apologize for my initial deception, the goal was to get to know the people I've selected on a personal level outside of the business side of things, you can't get everything you need to know about a person from their dossier. However as you know that was a failure and is noted as such for future interactions."

She stopped as she reached the door exiting the hangar to turn and look at the two women.

"I am sure that you have a lot of questions. However Neassa you have a conference call waiting for you in which most of your questions will be answered. And Doctor, may have questions as well that I am happy to answer, provided they don't exceed your clearance."

She nodded and opened the door to see Drake standing in the doorway waiting for her, which brought a genuine smile to her face as she hadn't seen him in quite some time, but it quickly faded as she realized it was there and she turned to introduce Drake to the others.

"Drake I'd like you to meet Neassa Or'dinii and Dr. Siroun Dadurian. Neassa, Doctor, this is my partner, Drake Starbender."

Finally a familiar face.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Perses Station

*Gauging from the prideful smile that follows Isabella's laughter, which had seemed, to Siroun less truly amused than somewhat contrived, Siroun decides that, in future, it would probably behoove her not to try and joke with the woman that reveals she is the Operator that the Mandalorian - Neassa as Siroun soon knows her name is when Isabella addresses her by it - was here to meet with. Siroun also, probably very wisely, elects not to offer her advice about how Isabella might go about learning more about her associates than what their dossiers would contain without the need for deception or to point out the amusing side of wanting to learn how her associates act and behave when not playing their roles while playing a role herself. The ease with which Isabella slips out of her friendly and chatty personae and into and out of a convincing Cathar accent suggests that, so far as her abilities to convincingly assume different personae - a useful talent, Siroun supposes, for a self-confessed Master Thief - is concerned, her self confidence is not at all misplaced. What is still unclear is whether Isabella is in charge of the station and its crew or in charge of whatever the business of the station and its crew might be; both things that Siroun anticipates she will more likely than not soon learn.*

*Smiling courteously and nodding when introduced to Mr. Starbender, Siroun, unsure of his role and now aware of the fact that there is some degree of separation between her role and that of others like Neassa given Isabella's mention of the fact she will only have a certain level of clearance, says only,* "Mr. Starbender, *and then turns to Isabellea and, adopting a more formal air than she had initially now that she knows a bit more about the woman's role in the organization she has been hired by and expects that Isabella will expect a certain deference for her authority, says,* I do have questions, but, *she glances at Neassa,* they can wait until you have finished getting Neassa situated."

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Re: Perses Station - Docking Bay

*Turning back towards Isabella when she reintroduces herself, revealing that she is Operator, Neassa smiles unseen beneath her buy'ce, not sure whether she's more annoyed, amused or simply impressed with the woman's acting skills and left to wonder whether the woman is being genuine as she leads them from the hangar or simply playing another role. The cockiness seems to be consistent, Neassa observes, suggesting that, if nothing else, is probably not a part of any act.*

*Nodding a silent greeting to Starbender when they are introduced, frowning beneath her buy'ce when Operator uses her full name even though she guesses, given that she is going to be working with these people, that she will have to learn to trust them, Neassa, since Dadurian conveniently and oh so courteously says that she'll wait for Operator to get Neassa set up with the conference call that will, if it does as promised, finally fill in some blanks, doesn't say anything and just waits for Isabella to take her to where the call will be taking place, saving her questions for the call to avoid the possibility of asking anything that might exceed Dadurian's clearance level.*

Affiliation:

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: Hyperspace

Oh joy, the silent nods of the mute community, it looks like I'm going to be forced to talk with the shrink if I want to talk to anyone at all. Great now that introductions have been made we can move on, I think I'll stick Drake with the doctor and let he pick his brain for a while if only to keep her out of my head. Yeah that sounds like a good plan, besides, she should have plenty of fun trying to get two words out of him, it took him long enough to open up to me.

"Great, Drake, take the doctor to get settled in, show her around a little. Neassa you come with me, I'll take you to your call."

With a smile and a quick turn she starts to walk away before any quick rebuttal could be made, she may not be in charge of this mission but she is in charge of this station and her word is law. As they dipped out of the others sight Isabelle looked over her shoulder to speak to Neassa, and as they navigated the halls their pace was quick and with purpose.

"When we get to the communications room you will step onto a platform, and once activated it will appear as though you have been transported to another location, you will see everything as if you were there and on the other side you will appear as if you are there, to some the first time is alarming."

She stopped and turned to Neassa as they reached the door to the communications room, with a short sigh she crossed her arms and spoke with a very protective but calm and straight forward tone.

"On Tatooine you gave me three stipulations to your employment, the second of which was that we understand that if the Mand'alor ever calls for the Mando'ade, that you will answer that call without hesitation and no matter what other obligations you may be in the midst of fulfilling at the time. A term that we still accept, and a measure of loyalty that we highly respect, however, these people that we are gathering you will gain their trust, respect, and loyalty, they will follow you, they will fight for you, and depending on the decisions you make they could die for you, so I need your assurance that your loyalty to them will match their loyalty to you."

I wonder what she'll say, will she be insulted? or angry? Will she just accept? I need to know that I picked the right person for the job.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Re: Perses Station

*Keeping pace with Isabella as they start moving at a quickened pace for where she will be taking her conference call with whoever is going to be on the other side of the line, Neassa, now prepared for what will occur, nods after Operator describes what will happen once she steps onto the platform in the communications room.*

*Her smile is hidden beneath her buy'ce as Isabella goes on, setting up for her question about Neassa's loyalty to the team she has been brought on to lead; finding it amusing to be asked the question when, when Operator had approached her, her loyalty and sense of duty were among the reasons the organization had sought her out in the first place. It is asking Neassa to take a lot on faith; giving her loyalty to a group of beings she has yet to meet and knows nothing about, so she answers with blunt honesty,* :: I give as good as I get. If these people put their trust in me, it won't be misplaced. They show they're willing to bleed for me, I'll bleed for them without hesitation if necessary. *Turning her buy'ce's faceplate towards Isabella, Neassa concludes,* I'll watch over my flock, you can rest easy on that account. ::

Affiliation:

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:53 pm

I suppose that's all that I can really ask for, after all she is in the dark about who these people are she will be leading and even I'm not entirely convinced about some of them. But they all seem to be useful in their own right. Anyway she's late and that makes me late and I won't be looking bad.

Stepping forward with a nod Isabelle pushes a button opening the door before moving from Neassa's path to enter.

"Go on in, I'll be meeting back up with Dr. Dadurian and Drake once you're inside."

Isabelle waited until Neassa entered before she closed the door behind her and left. She then, just as quickly as she had walked to get to the comm room, turned and walked back to meet with the doctor and Drake. It didn't take her long to find them, they hadn't moved far from their original point and it seemed with all the silence that neither had spoken to the other since they had parted ways.

Oh joy, she must be saving all the heart-to-hearts for me.

Upon reaching them she stopped to address them

"I'll take it from here Drake, but you're welcome to tag along. Doctor, would you like a tour of the facility?"

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:09 pm

[quote="Isabelle Eoura":2d4j4l4r][b:2d4j4l4r]"[/b:2d4j4l4r][color=#FF80FF:2d4j4l4r]Great, Drake, take the doctor to get settled in, show her around a little. Neassa you come with me, I'll take you to your call.[/color:2d4j4l4r][b:2d4j4l4r]"[/b:2d4j4l4r][/quote:2d4j4l4r]

[narration:2d4j4l4r]Turning from Isabelle and Neassa as they depart, Siroun looks over to Drake and smiles, making what is soon to be revealed to be a mistake by waiting for him to take the lead in the conversation as she had greeted him earlier or, failing that, get her settled in by showing her to her quarters or familiarizing her with the layout of the station.[/narration:2d4j4l4r] [narration:2d4j4l4r]Siroun's decision results in a few awkward moments of her and Drake standing in place with neither one of them speaking or, aside from Siroun glancing over her shoulder after it becomes apparent that Drake is not going to do anything to break the silence or stillness.

Fortunately for Siroun, it is not long before Isabelle returns and breaks the awkward silence by saying,[/narration:2d4j4l4r]

[quote="Isabelle Eoura":2d4j4l4r][b:2d4j4l4r]"[/b:2d4j4l4r][color=#FF80FF:2d4j4l4r]I'll take it from here Drake, but you're welcome to tag along. Doctor, would you like a tour of the facility?[/color:2d4j4l4r][b:2d4j4l4r]"[/b:2d4j4l4r][/quote:2d4j4l4r]

[action:2d4j4l4r]Nodding with a genuinely relieved and grateful smile, Siroun says,[/action:2d4j4l4r] "That would be lovely, yes, [action:2d4j4l4r]and then looking at Drake with an inquisitively arched eyebrow to see if Isabelle's question will have any more success drawing any kind of verbal or physical action from Mr. Starbender, turns back to Isabelle and asks,[/action:2d4j4l4r] I don't suppose that you can, as we take the tour, fill me in on what it is I will be doing? You mentioned clearance before? I take it that my role is going to be compartmentalized to some degree from what Ms. Or'dinii and others here on the station will be doing?"

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Perses Station

[quote="Isabelle Eoura":32i9ggss][color=#BF0080:32i9ggss][b:32i9ggss][i:32i9ggss]Stepping forward with a nod Isabelle pushes a button opening the door before moving from Neassa's path to enter.[/i:32i9ggss][/b:32i9ggss][/color:32i9ggss]

[b:32i9ggss]"[/b:32i9ggss][color=#FF80FF:32i9ggss]Go on in, I'll be meeting back up with Dr. Dadurian and Drake once you're inside.[/color:32i9ggss][b:32i9ggss]"[/b:32i9ggss][/quote:32i9ggss]

[action:32i9ggss]Neassa nods, smiling beneath her [i:32i9ggss]buy'ce[/i:32i9ggss] at the thought of Isabelle having to spend more time with Dadurian since she is pretty sure that Isabelle finds the shrink more than a little irritating from their interaction thusfar, and then steps into the room.

Panning her [i:32i9ggss]buy'ce's[/i:32i9ggss] visor around the room from force of habit to gain a sense of the layout and learn what all might be revealed by her HUDs scanners, Neassa drums her fingers on the handle of her holstered DL-44 as she approaches the platform that will, once activated when she steps onto it, begin the conference call she is here for and, ideally finally give her a better understanding of just what it is that she has signed up for.

Stepping onto the platform, Neassa waits to appear to be transported to another location as advertised . . .[/action:32i9ggss]

Affiliation:

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:00 am

*The Freedom's Hope zips through the Hyperspace lanes..*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:35 pm

[quote="Siroun Dadurian":2l6g7m0b][action:2l6g7m0b]Nodding with a genuinely relieved and grateful smile, Siroun says,[/action:2l6g7m0b] "That would be lovely, yes, [action:2l6g7m0b]and then looking at Drake with an inquisitively arched eyebrow to see if Isabelle's question will have any more success drawing any kind of verbal or physical action from Mr. Starbender, turns back to Isabelle and asks,[/action:2l6g7m0b] I don't suppose that you can, as we take the tour, fill me in on what it is I will be doing? You mentioned clearance before? I take it that my role is going to be compartmentalized to some degree from what Ms. Or'dinii and others here on the station will be doing?"[/quote:2l6g7m0b]
[color=#BF00FF:2l6g7m0b][i:2l6g7m0b]I should have expected that line of questioning, our doctor friend here is inquisitive to say the least, too inquisitive in some cases. But it's not my problem now, my job is finished, I was only supposed to recruit Neassa and I've done that.[/i:2l6g7m0b][/color:2l6g7m0b]

[b:2l6g7m0b]"[/b:2l6g7m0b][color=#FF80FF:2l6g7m0b]Your role? You're a psychologist are you not? Your role is to ensure the mental well-being of the people on this mission and to report any issues that may arise for your observations. Your clearance is what I set it at for now and it may be re-evaluated once the mission begins. As for what the mission is, that isn't my place to say, however I will tell you that it is important that we act quickly and that we do not fail. Now if I've answered all or your questions can we begin?[/color:2l6g7m0b][b:2l6g7m0b]"[/b:2l6g7m0b]

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:48 pm

*It had been some time since the events on Nar Shaddaa when he had first met Isabelle and now here he was on a station out in the middle of nowhere. Much had changed in just eight months him now being Isabelle's partner in whatever it was that she did. He personally still found it a little confusing what wen ton around here though from what he gathered it was something super secret. Still that guy who had saved Isabelle brought Drake here and they had given much since he got here like nice food compared to what he ate on the streets of Nar Shaddaa.

Currently what was on his mind was giving Isabelle a good talking to for leaving him here on this strange place with weird people to go off searching for people. He had heard she was on her way back and would land shortly so he had made his way towards the hangar to meet her there. When he did get there and was just about to walk into the hangar there was Isabelle standing behind the door but she wasn't alone. From what Drake could tell she must of found whoever she was looking for since why else would she bring them here.

Despite Drake's usual glaring stare he was able to get a small smile out since he could tell Isabelle was at least glad to see him again but before he knew it he was looking rather unhappy again. Right when the greetings were done Isabelle went and left him with some stranger AGAIN. He started to get that feeling this may be a regular thing when hanging around Isabelle might be her way of showing how much she cared leaving you to finish her work. So as she walked away with the armoured stranger Drake just looked up this doctor and crossed his arms in front of him as he tried to figure out what to do with her.

Of course being a natural silent type of person Drake just ended up standing around staring the doctor and not in a friendly way since it was more of a staring contest kind of way. From what he could tell she was getting slightly unsettled at his lack of reaction. Then when Isabelle came back all he did was look towards her and just let her take the lead. Once she did Drake quietly followed along behind them keeping an eye on the doctor wondering what was she doing here and the usual many questions one asks themselves when they see a new face around here.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:07 pm

[quote="Isabelle Eoura":nrs1r3ws][b:nrs1r3ws]"[/b:nrs1r3ws][color=#FF80FF:nrs1r3ws]Your role? You're a psychologist are you not? Your role is to ensure the mental well-being of the people on this mission and to report any issues that may arise for your observations. Your clearance is what I set it at for now and it may be re-evaluated once the mission begins. As for what the mission is, that isn't my place to say, however I will tell you that it is important that we act quickly and that we do not fail. Now if I've answered all or your questions can we begin?[/color:nrs1r3ws][b:nrs1r3ws]"[/b:nrs1r3ws][/quote:nrs1r3ws]

"Of course," [action:nrs1r3ws]Siroun answers in a neutral tone leavened with a polite smile, having detected the notes of impatience in Isabelle's tone and phrasing and deciding to save her other questions for another time.[/action:nrs1r3ws] [narration:nrs1r3ws]Turning what Isabelle had said around in her mind as she begins to follow her and Starbender, who could give Neassa a run for her money in the silent and uncommunicative department, Siroun finds it amusing that Isabelle began her answer by asserting that the fact she is a psychologist would have given her a clue as to what her role would be given that there are innumerable specialties within the profession and therefore innumerable reasons that Siroun would have been asked to consult for the enigmatic organization she has joined. At least, Siorun reflects, Isabelle's additional commentary revealed that she will be assessing the psychological health of the operational personnel employed by the Organization, meaning that she will at some point have to try and get into Neassa's head, which should be . . . fun. Siroun is naturally curious about the other beings she will be assessing but supposes that rather than courting Isabelle's continued yet so far somewhat concealed irritation she will simply wait for them to be revealed to her.

Starbender's presence is somewhat intriguing, even without the curiosity his youth, reticence and attempts to conceal his lack of confidence in his role in the Organization engender in Siroun. Having noted that the only time the teenager appeared anything other than uncomfortable had been when Isabelle was present, Siorun can conclude that they have a relationship or history of some kind and from his classic self comforting and standoffish behavior, exhibited most clearly with his crossing his arms and engaging in a silent staring contest as though attempting to prove something to her, recognizes indicators of neglect or abandonment of one kind or another that suggest his has not been a traditional childhood and, most likely, has been one marked by trauma of some kind. Given his youth, Siroun cannot imagine that Starbender is among those she will be assessing since it seems unlikely that he is among the operational personnel, and so she sets her observations aside and devotes her focus solely to Isabelle and the tour.[/narration:nrs1r3ws]

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Re: Perses Station

[quote="Neassa Or'dinii":1iwb7qu6][action:1iwb7qu6]Neassa nods, smiling beneath her [i:1iwb7qu6]buy'ce[/i:1iwb7qu6] at the thought of Isabelle having to spend more time with Dadurian since she is pretty sure that Isabelle finds the shrink more than a little irritating from their interaction thusfar, and then steps into the room.

Panning her [i:1iwb7qu6]buy'ce's[/i:1iwb7qu6] visor around the room from force of habit to gain a sense of the layout and learn what all might be revealed by her HUDs scanners, Neassa drums her fingers on the handle of her holstered DL-44 as she approaches the platform that will, once activated when she steps onto it, begin the conference call she is here for and, ideally finally give her a better understanding of just what it is that she has signed up for.

Stepping onto the platform, Neassa waits to appear to be transported to another location as advertised . . .[/action:1iwb7qu6][/quote:1iwb7qu6]
[narration:1iwb7qu6]The platform activates as Neassa stands upon it, the outer rim of the platform separates from the rest and begins to scan Neassa from her feet to her head and back down, once it's finally done the the image projects of the Mysterious Man's [url=http://jedivsith.com/viewtopic.php?f=2454&t=32648:1iwb7qu6]office[/url:1iwb7qu6] and it would appear as though she had been transported to a secondary location[/narration:1iwb7qu6]

Affiliation:

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Isabelle only nodded and turned to walk down the hall leading Siroun and Drake through the facility lining out what was where, she didn't show everything there was to see just the areas of importance that the doctor may need to know, but it was unlikely they would come back to the station often so Isabelle kept the tour brief and stopped at the control room hallway.

"-and down this hall and at the top of the stairs is mission control. The function of this room range from the overly obvious such as monitoring progress, mission updates and alerts, and monitoring the station to the highly classified, which I can't discuss for obvious reasons."

Almost done, thank the stars. If I wanted to be a tour guide I'd work at a museum.

"Alright, follow me back to my office and I can get you your access numbers and ID's. Then I'll take you to the ship so you can get acquainted with your office there."

She walked past them leaving the hall to the control room, which was designed as a holdout point, a long narrow hallway with stairs that was designed to force possible enemies not only to bottleneck but also to fight for the high ground. There were probably other security precautions but Isabelle didn't know about them, the Mysterious Man never showed anyone all of his cards.

As they walked down toward her office Isabelle brushed her hair back and looked over her shoulder to make sure the others were keeping pace. The door opened once she stepped up to it and she walked on in.

"Make yourself at home doctor, Iggy can get you anything you'd like to drink, we have some time to wait on Neassa. Quincy I need Dr. Dadurian's ID's."

Isabelle can't help but to smile at the little droid, then realizes that the doctor is there and her smile fades as she walks behind her desk to sit.

"Quincy, or Q9, has a built in vocabulator."

"Iggy this is Dr. Siroun Dadurian."

"Iggy."

I forget sometimes how much I miss him. I didn't realize how much I don't get to see him while I'm on assignment.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:07 pm

*Siroun refrains from asking any questions during the tour, noting that it is not a complete one by any means, limited to those areas of the station that comprise the most common ones that would be used by all personnel rather than those with specialized access. She finds it interesting to learn that she will have an office on a ship, having assumed that she would be working primarily on the station itself as her role has been described as seeing to the mental health and stability of the mission personnel.* *Holding the questions that have come to mind for when the tour concludes as Isabelle seems to be intent on completing the tour swiftly, Siroun follows Drake and Isabelle into the office and, when invited to make herself at home, sits down rather than indulging in her natural inclination to wander around the office to see what it reveals of Isabelle.*

*Siroun finds what seems to her to be the affection with which Isabelle greets, introduces and interacts with her droids interesting; a marked contrast to the officiousness that the woman has thus far treated her, wondering if Isabelle is more comfortable with the droids because of their predictable natures or their obsequiousness. While Siroun owns droids herself, she views them the same way she does any tool or toy, never having understood how some beings can view something so clearly synthetic and artificial as anything other than a tool or toy, some even claiming to have relationships with their droids.*

*Siroun, having assumed the neutral expression and bearing that she often employs as a therapist to provide patients with a judgement free environment and to invite her patients to project what they will upon the blank screen she presents, as what is projected is quite often revealing, tells the protocol droid,* "I'll take a brandy, please. Cassandran if it is available. Thank you. *When the droid leaves to get her drink and anything Drake and Isabelle may have requested, Siroun says to Isabelle,* You mentioned I will have an office on a ship. Will I also have one here on the station, or will I be working predominantly aboard the ship?" *Siroun holds her other questions for the time being as Isabelle's answer to her initial question may answer some or all of them.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:18 pm

Perses Station

*Stepping out of the communications room after her mission briefing with M has concluded, Neassa is not surprised to see that Operator is not just hanging around waiting for her and M to be done and, rather than simply wait around for Operator's return, Neassa sets out to find her.* *The fact that Operator is the head of the show on the station helps Neassa's search; no one is likely not to know who the woman is or to notice her if they see her, and by asking those she encounters going about their business if they've seen Operator, or Miss Eoura if that name doesn't ring any bells for them, Neassa soon finds her way to the office where, once she raps on the door and is admitted, she finds both Drake and Operator as well as Dadurian.*

*Since it has already been made clear that Dadurian is not cleared to know everything, Neassa, nodding a greeting to everyone in the office, leans against the wall near the door and decides to wait until the shrink has been dismissed before telling Operator and Drake, if thy haven't already been briefed anyway, about their mission.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:38 pm

"Can't put anything past you."

I have to remember to get rid of the person who was supposed to inform her of her job as soon as I find out who that is.

"Yes, you'll be working on the ship with the crew. But I'm sure we could put you an office together here."

She smiles briefly before standing and walking over to the couch across from Siroun as Iggy returns with their drinks. Taking her wine glass from him she crosses her legs and takes a sip, not taking her eyes off the doctor.

"Blossum wine, it predates the Galactic Empire. It's exceptionally rare. When I was recruited into this Organization I received three bottles as a bonus. I've savored every drop I've had thus far."

She takes another sip and sets the glass on the table in front of them.

"So tell me doctor, why psychology? Was it the money? The power to influence people's lives? To learn their dirty little secrets?"

I know why I'd do it.

She turns her head to the door as Neassa comes in.

That was quicker than I thought it would be. The Mysterious Man is usually much more long winded than that, or maybe she just didn't speak to him either.

"Come in and have a seat, make yourself at home, the doctor and I were just discussing a few things about her job."

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:58 pm

"Thank you, *Siorun says to the protocol droid, only because she has seen that Isabelle thinks of her droids as more than ambulatory tools and does not want to offend her by not treating the droid as she more likely than not expects it to be treated, as she accepts the brandy snifter from it.

Understanding from Isabelle's answer to her question that an office aboard the station would be extraneous, Siroun, as she swirls the brandy gently and holds the snifter up to examine the warm color of the liquid, says,*
It isn't necessary. Assembling an office here on the station that is. *Inhaling the bouquet of the brandy from a distance, Siroun smiles enigmatically as Isabelle asks her why she chose psychology as a profession, briefly considering answering the question wholly and truthfully before answering instead with a question of her own,* Are the only motives that can be ascribed to one's career choice selfish or base ones do you think?" *Siroun's reasons were in fact, to a degree, selfish; she hoped to better understand the forces that had shaped her and, less selfishly, to help those that, like her, weathered similar violent storms.

Siroun can't be sure that Isabelle's question was meant to provoke a response from her - objection to the suggestions, indignation perhaps, protests - or whether she is genuinely curious about Siroun herself; but does believe that Isabelle may have revealed her own reasons for choosing her profession. The question had been posed somewhat tongue in cheek, but Siroun has found that what one finds amusing often reveals character, as do the spaces they call theirs. Isabelle's office is rather spartan, though that quality itself suggests certain things - self containment, for one, concealment for another - and the few objects that are not purely functional, a Saffa painting and a kinesculpture among them, seem, to Siroun, to have the feel of trophies and are probably objects Isabelle had stolen during the course of her career as a thief. Siroun had also observed, while Isabelle had been speaking about the blossom wine, evidence of the pride Isabelle feels in her role with the Organization and, more, heard the loyalty that colored all that Isabelle said.*

*Swirling her snifter gently some more and bringing it closer to inhale and enjoy its scent as Neassa is admitted to the office, Siroun returns the Mandalorian's nod, amused by the woman's silence at this point since it seems to be as much a part of her as her beskar'gam.* *Neassa carries herself a bit, it seems to Siroun, rigidly or stiffly; as though she is playing a particular role and is afraid of breaking character with any misstep. It would be interesting, Siroun thinks, to see how differently the woman behaves when not wearing her armor and helmet; or if that would make a difference at all.* "Yes, *Siroun agrees with Isabelle's description of what they were doing before Neassa arrived, looking from the Mandalorian to Isabelle and smiling as she goes on,* we were waiting to learn whether Isabelle believes it is possible that my motivations for becoming a psychologist were something other than selfish, materialistic or voyeuristic. Have you reached a verdict yet?" *Siorun asks Isabelle and then, finally allows herself a drink of the brandy, slowly letting the liquid slide over the different regions of her tongue, savoring the experience of the flavor being revealed.*
PreviousNext

Return to Within Hyperspace