Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Hyperspace

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:47 pm

HWK-290, Isha - Cockpit

*Nodding with a smile when Chloe asks if Illum is cold, I say,* "Extremely. The Crystal Caves are located deep within the Temple that was rebuilt at the base of a mountain where the original was destroyed during the Clone Wars. We will, however, be setting down near enough to the Temple that our time outside will be limited and our robes will be sufficient. *Unfastening my safety harness, I reach behind my head and push my lekku from over my chest to behind the back of the chair and then stretch my arms overhead as I add casually,* There is, however, the matter of eluding the gorgodons to worry about."

*Rolling my neck and shoulders, I wait to see what response that elicits from Chloe.* *It is possible she has heard of the creatures that are said to nest near the entrances to the caves or even within the halls of the Temple itself. Illum is unpopulated, save for the gorgodons themselves, and the Temple is not regularly occupied so many of the creatures make it a home. I have read of them, and read or heard accounts from those Jedi that have made the quest to the caves to complete their lightsabers and were forced to confront the creatures. It would be ideal, of course, to be able to move carefully enough that we are not detected, for I have no desire to face the gorgodons, who are only doing what is natural to them and would not want to be forced to resort to violence to complete our quest. There is time, however, to ideally find a solution to the potential predicament, and I am interested to learn how Chloe meets the challenge their presence presents, for it will reveal more of her to me, specifically how she strategizes when faced with a potential obstacle.*

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Hyperspace

*I nodded to Master Roma when she said that we would be putting down close enough to the temple to make any use of warmer clothing unnecessary. Butterflies still danced in my stomach, but now I was more excited than nervous. Why not? Was this not the path that I had always envisioned myself on? I had been selected by a master, I was officially a Padawan. I was about to construct my lightsaber...everything seemed to be going according to the plan, the plan that I had always had for myself.*

*I turned my attention back to Roma at the mention of a-*

"What's a gorgodon?" *There was a note of trepidation in my voice, along with a bit of poorly concealed ire.*

*Was this how it would always be? Her dropping hints and suggestions to gauge my reaction? I felt like I was constantly being tested and evaluated. At first, I had relished the chance to prove myself. Now, though, I was starting to just feel tired. Was that because of this, though? Or was that because I hadn't slept in...how long? It seemed like only minutes ago that I had been in the training pit that late afternoon, when Tunn had come to me and told me that a master had accepted me, and that I was a padawan officially.*

*Now what time was it? I suppose we couldn't know for sure, being in hyperspace, but my body was still attuned to Corellia, and it was no doubt late. With the back of my hand, I stifled a yawn, and then sat back up in my seat, unwilling to fall asleep until I knew exactly what we might be facing when we got to Ilum.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:02 am

HWK-290, Isha - Cockpit

*Lifting my left hand to rest my chin on my thumb, the second, third and diminished little finger of my hand covering the small smile that rises when I note that Chloe seems more tired than she had indicated and my index finger resting along my angular cheekbone, I explain,* "Gorgodons are the only species native to Illum, large, furry mammalian creatures with poor eyesight and an acute sense of smell. The Temple that is built over the Crystal Caves is unoccupied, and they are known to nest within the halls of the Temple, making gaining entry to the Cave . . . potentially challenging. I am confident, however, *I add with a reassuring smile,* we will think of a way to deal with them when the time comes."

*Looking over my shoulder, I say,* "For now, I suggest you take the opportunity to rest. The galley and cabins are just aft if you are hungry or tired. *My right lekku tenses to pull it's middle section onto my shoulder as I add,* We still have quite a while to travel, and I'll need to drop out of hyperspace at least twice to make course adjustments."

*I chide myself for forgetting that it has been an eventful and long day for Chloe thusfar, and know from my own time as a padawan that it can be taxing to feel as though you are being tested - often cryptically - at all times. Some lessons, of course, are best left for when both student and teacher are in the right mindset; and the matter of the gorgodons can wait until such a time arises.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:35 pm

"But they are not aggressive by nature, are they?" *I shook my head as I realized it didn't really matter. As long as I was with my master, I doubted that I would be in any danger. Perhaps such confidence was a fault, but I didn't intend to do anything to dispel that confidence, when so many others I knew had been afflicted with an acute case of self-doubt.*

"I think that is probably a really good idea. I'll head to bed now, and be rested up by the time we get to Ilum."

*Stifling yet another yawn with the back of my tanned hand, I stood and turned to face Roma. Bowing, I clasped my hands in front of me. After holding the pose for a moment, I straightened again, waved, and headed towards the door. After opening it and stepping through, I shut it again and headed towards the back of the ship, dragging my feet in my fatigue. I was anxious to get to bed...but I paused at the entrance to the galley.*

*I paused, looked longingly towards the bedroom, and then glanced down at my stomach.*

*It rumbled in complaint.*

*With a sigh, I turned and headed into the galley. There was a refrigeration unit, a larder, and a long table. First, I visited the refrigeration unit and found some thinly sliced meat. From the larder, I retrieved a loaf of bread, and from the cabinet, I pulled a small knife free. Laying the bread on the table, I sliced two thick pieces free, then loaded it with pieces of the sliced meat.*

*It was an okay meal, even though I probably shouldn't have been eating right before I headed to bed. I doubted it would be too big a problem. Humming a tune, I put away what I had gotten out, used a wet cloth to wipe the crumbs of bread off the table, and then continued to my bunk. Stripping down to my skivvies, I folded the robes and placed them near the foot of the cot. Atop them I reverently placed the training saber I carried, and the knife that Yahz'hu had given me.*

*And then I went to bed.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:57 pm

HWK-290, Isha - Cockpit

*Pursing my lips slightly, I say,* "By all accounts they are merely . . . territorial. We shall find out soon enough in any event. *Smiling with a nod when Chloe says she will avail herself of the opportunity to rest before we reach Illum, I take a food capsule from my belt when she has left, crossing my arms over my chest after pulling my hands into the sleeves of my outer tunic. Settling more comfortably in my seat, I check to see how much time remains before I will need to make our first drop from hyperspace to adjust our course and, trusting that the navcomputer's alarm will wake me when the time arrives, drop into a light slumber.*

*The remainder of our journey is uneventful, and, once we have arrived at our destination, I reach for the levers to take us out of hyperspace into orbit over .*

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:31 pm

*Through the vast emptiness of hyperspace, The speeds through the lane. Gervase watches from his seat on the bridge as the command crew rush about attending to their duties, monitoring systems, comm lines, giving orders to crew members. It had taken several years for the Neh├â┬®z T├â┬ímad├â┬ís Fuvaroz├â┬│ to be constructed, but it was worth the time it took, It was truly a master piece of design, power and destruction.
Gervase shifted his shoulders, causing his shoulder plate armour to make the noise of metal against metal. His armour had been hand forged by one of the greatest blacksmiths he had ever known, leading to the armour being both regally looking, but remaining practical and light, which he knew would come in handy when they arrived at their first destination*

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:53 pm

**With the two now in hyperspace, Bet took a deep breath and gave out a long sigh. She looked at the new padawan to her right and spoke.**

Well, hon, how do you feel about yourself now? We are going right to where you are being called. If the Force is guiding you as you say, then you should now be a feelin' some peace.

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:48 pm

*There was no answer.

Dak was sitting cross legged in the hold.

Various tools and boxes were floating about as he closed his eyes.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:21 pm

*Bet did not receive an answer and noticed what he was doing. The boy was in deep concentration in the Force. Whether he was trying to find out more of his fate or simply mediating, Bet wasn't sure. The various tools and Boxes floated about and Bet stayed clear from these objects. She slowly walked around the boy and spoke.*

Deep mediation. Clear your mind. If you are trying to foresee the future, you must not force it into being, but instead let the Force guide you to it. The Past, the Present, and Future all work together, hon. Tread carefully...

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:05 pm

"Oh..." *His eyes still closed.*

"I was just meditating....I love to meditate. To use the force...feel it flow..."

*He looks very relaxed.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:30 pm

He was trying to get his mind off of the voices in his head and the numbers, places but he wanted to shut all of it out as if it wasn't there but slowly it was getting to him yet he sensed there was a barrier in his mind blocking most of it out as if someone had placed it there. He almost didn't notice his com alerting him, he looked down at it then switched it on and leaned in. Uhm...Hello?

There was an immediate response with a female voice. Very military-like and proper but why would she contact him? :: Your ship just showed up on our scanners my lord. We have docking bays ready for your arrival. ::

He paused for a moment. 'My lord?!' he whispered to himself then looked at the scanners noticing a large ship on his scanners. He hesitated to speak any further but leaned in again to talk. Y- yes my lord...I uh. I'm dropping from hyperspace now.

He quickly switched the comlink off then grasped the hair of his bangs then cursed at himself for calling her my lord. Then suddenly when his ship dropped from hyperspace he came face to face with a lone Scythe-class Main Battle Cruiser. To his surprise a tractor beam locked onto his ship and he was being pulled in. He attempted to break away but it was no use. When he was inside troopers gathered around his ship with gun point. The ramp opened just as the female commander approached holding her blaster pistol yet when she saw John she lowered her gun and so did the other soldiers. Forgive me my lord, you were acting strange and we thought you were an imposter.

He looked at the soldiers then over at her and nodded. He followed her after she told him to follow to his room. He stepped inside and she waited by the door, he looked around at his large room then looked back at her. She bowed before leaving until he raised his arm and told her to wait. She starred at him but he didn't know what to say since he hadn't thought of it so he shook his head and she walked out yet looked back with a confused expression before walking away and closing his door. He looked around then sat on his bed and exhaled. What have i gotten myself into..

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:24 am

*Dâgalûr leaves his room carrying a duffel bag packed with the essentials and heads into the hangar. He hops into the cockpit of a TwinTail he prepared for flight earlier, places the duffel in storage and closes the cockpit before finishing the takeoff sequences and leaving the hangar. He takes a moment to look back at the abandoned asteroid outpost, his birthplace and only home, then begins inputting coordinates. He has no clue where he's going so he just closes his eyes and picks a sector with his finger, then he is off into hyperspace.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:49 pm

*It was nighttime on the planet below, the first colony world settled by House Korido after the unprecedented exile of the entire family for the mistakes of their leader, whose pursuit of ever greater instruments of death had led to not only the exile of his house, but also to his rapidly deteriorating medical condition. He was aging, yes, but that wasn't the reason his body was riddled with cybernetic implants and enhancements, his organs replaced almost entirely by synthetic creations of his own design.*

*No, his condition was of his own making, a biological weapon experiment gone horribly wrong. The only thing keeping him alive were the regenerative implants that continuously pumped healing chemicals throughout his body, preventing his condition from deteriorating further. So when the attendant stepped through the doorway into the chamber, he gripped his cane tightly to hide the tremors that afflicted his right hand, a side effect of the damage to his nervous system. He could have had the damaged nerves replaced of course, but chose instead to use what natural strength he still had command of, rather than resorting entirely to the backup cybernetics and becoming little more than a droid with organic skin.*

*Without turning his gaze from the viewport, which spanned the space of an entire wall, Maht'ras'korido, Aristocra of house Korido, addressed the attendant.* "What news is there of our home? I presume it isn't of the agreeable variety, going by your ragged breathing and the state of your uniform." *The Aristocra hadn't turned to look at the attendant since he'd entered the room, so the young man was naturally mystified as to how his elder had divined the half-buttoned state of his uniform, which he had been hastily attempting to put as he ran from his own quarters to deliver the news.* "No Sir, it's not. At last report, they were under attack and an enemy vessel has reached the surface."

*And then the attendant realized how the Aristocra had divined the condition of his uniform when he saw a reflection of his superior's eyes flaring bright red in the transparisteel wall, but his thoughts of such parlor tricks were long gone. He'd never seen another Chiss' eyes change intensity at will, and the questionof why the Aristocra's did was much more intriguing than pondering on his observational skills.* "Ready the fleet. I'm not going to let this family's exile destroy our people."

*In response, the attandant simply nodded, turned on his heel, and left. And in the silence that followed, Maht'ras'korido's eyes began to return to their original intensity as his anger ebbed. Not anger at the Ascendancy for refusing to call him for help, or even anger at the invaders, his anger was directed inward, at himself and the mistakes he made that had allowed this atrocity to transpire.*

Affiliation:

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:42 pm

"Why do you have to go?"

"You know why we have to go."

"Yes, but why do you have to go? Why can't the men you've trained do what you trained them to do? Don't you trust them enough that you can stay here with me?"

*Maht'ras'korido sighed heavily. He knew why his wife didn't want him to go, and he knew the game she was playing to try and convince him she was right.* "Amaris, this is a problem that I am responsible for, even if indirectly. What will it say to those men that I trained if I don't uphold what I've said and do the best I can to resolve a problem I caused?"

*Now it was Lana'mari'sabosen's turn to sigh. She knew then that her husbands mind was made up, and there was nothing she could say or do to change it. So she stepped forward and embraced him, comforted by the feeling of his arms returning the gesture, then turned her face up to look into his.* "Come home to me." *And then she kissed him gently, and left.*

*In the emptiness of her absence, Trask simply stood facing the viewport, watching the fleet assembling in the void of space above the planet, until his aide entered the room, executed a crisp salute, and stood at attention, waiting to give his report.*

"There is no need for such formalities here, Flisk. At ease." *He waited for the aide to comply and relax before asking the expected question.* "Is the fleet ready?"

"Yes Aristocra, they can leave within the hour. However, the house phalanx has yet to gather it's full strength."

"Very well. We shall leave without them. Is my shuttle ready?" *In answer, the aide simply nodded, so Trask turned and strode toward the door, the aide following close behind.* "Then let us depart.

*Forty seven minutes later, the fleet turned in unison and disappeared into hyperspace.*

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:45 am

*Krev'ral'korido had been in a rather bad way when the news they were moving out came. Not in a bad way in the manner most would think of the term, more in what he and his soon to be wife were up to. The messenger was not exactly polite when he barged in, though Vralk believed the shock on the messengers face was enough to forgive the intrusion. Vralk faces the pale blue skin man.*
What is it that brings you here?

Sorry sir but I have bad news, two lots actually.

Spit it out quickly, I was in the middle of something.

Sorry Sir. I was just informed that your father died. You are to take up his position as High Commander of the House Phalanx. Also I am here to tell you that the Phalanx is requested for the liberation effort of Csilla. Sir, we are returning home.

*Krev'ral'korido blinks once, his red eyes stare at the messenger. Silently he waves the younger man off, standing up butt naked and pushing him out the door. Closing it behind him he walks back to his bed and burrows his head in his hands. Shaking his head he runs his hands through his black hair, he must do his father proud and as such he will walk into battle proud. He shall return his father's body into the ground his ancestors have been laid to rest. Vralk feels the passion and rage rise within. He looks to the bathroom door in which his fianc├â┬® had retreated to, and with a grim smile writes a brief farewell letter. He hates goodbye and knows she would only delay the already delayed times. He swiftly stands and walks into his personal armory. Snatching up his Charrics, notably his personal Sniper Rifle. He knows he must go via his fathers on the way and pick up something vital.*

Vralk activates his comlink and connects it to the intercom system of the barracks, mess hall, training rooms, and workshops. He breathes in, his first command as High Commander escapes his lips. The new leader of the House Phalanx, he takes the step up.*

:: GEAR UP MEN!!! We go to war! We go to liberate our brethren. We go to free our home! For the Csilla!! For the CHISS!!!! ::
*The passion within Vralk's voice echoes through the halls and rooms. The men snap into action, their Patriotic spirit rising, their sense of duty breaking out, and their own desire to go home all cause them to move faster than any had previously in their lives. Armor is donned, weapons wielded. Machines of war preped, Spac craft and transports started and already going through their take off cycles. Everyone had been informed of the new leadership now, and no one dare question it. Home! Home is what they desire now and who are they to deny that desire?*

*Krev'ral'korido enters his dad's home. It's quiet, too quiet and he fights back nostalgia. Swiftly he walks over to his dad's armory and uses his hand print to open the door. Entering he sees the armor with in, the white snow camouflage painting over it. Closing his eyes he places it on bit by bit, removing his clothing he hastily put on, and replacing it with the body glove. Finally, upon placing on the last shoulder piece he turns to the right. Upon the wall lays a Vibrosword, not just any Vibrosword, at least that is what his Father had told him. What made it different is another issue for a later date. But being of the Korido house it could be anything.*

*Sheathing it against his left leg he turns and grabs the last thing, a white snow colored cloak made of some animal. He remembers his dad talking of this, an heir loom supposedly, and thus it is his now. He feels the fur along the hood and smiles bittersweetly. Then in a swift movement he swings it over his shoulders and attaches it to his armor. Picking up the helmet that goes with the armor he puts it under arm. He does not wish to wear such a stuffy thing for longer than needed. Quickly walking outside after gathering his personal weaponary he pulls the cloak's fur hood over his head with his free hand. His red eyes spot the armored gunship that will serve as his transport, he swiftly enters it and it lifts off heading to the predetermined rendezvous point.*

*The gunship flies over the armies that had formed up below. Must be nearly 40,000 men strong below, a sight you do not see often. The majesty of it wears off quickly as Vralk activates his comlink once more as he sees they are ready to move out.*

:: To Csilla we must go! Load up and your pilots will lead you to the rally point I have recieved from the Aristroca himself. This day we ride to victory and extinguish our foes. Our enemies will fall to our weapons. They will be vanquished!! ::
*Vralk walks to the front of the gunship as he activates the console so the loading ramp closes. Waving his hand the cockpit door opens and he passes a datapad to the Pilot. He nods as he punches in the coordinates to the hyperdrive, then quickly he beams it to the other pilots. Nodding And with a pat on the pilots shoulder, and a sideways glance at the co-pilot, Vralk walks back to the gunships main area. Munitions and four other Commandos are on this gunship. Looking out the view port he watches as the men below race in an orderly fashion into their ships. Then slowly as the ship rises he watches as each of the ships take off like someone had upset the nest of insects. Then shortly there after he watches the planet fade and without much warning it disappeared as the ship entered hyperspace soon to be followed by a force few have seen break forth from the unknown.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:56 pm

*From Csilla a Jumpmaster 5000 comes up. Cass Raklin, its pilot sits at the helm thinking.*I am not! It can't be. I am not a clone! I am me! I am not Thrawn! Even if you did make me I wont follow your plan!*He Cries out both at Thrawn and the Force as it urges him to go to Nirauan. If he would all his questions would be answered and he would have peace, but he refuses. Instead he sets a course for Tatooine.*I am not going there, not now not ever.*He makes the jump to hyperspace.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:45 pm

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:12 am

*In the deep depths of the Unknown Region the hulking mass of the Sunkusis Ataka Kreiseris II floated in space, surrounded by 30 Vagaari Warships, 90 Vagaari Fighters, 9 Tof Bulk Cruisers and 100 Tof Starfighters.

1 of the Vagaari Warships and the Tof Bulk Cruiser known as The Dragon's Pride moved into the massive hangar bay of the Sunkusis Ataka Kreiseris II. From the ships the Miskara of the Vagaari and King Blackbeard of the Tof both exited, surrounded by a group of 4 warriors each. The two leaders were lead by a pair of Elite Annarian Warriors to a meeting room. The Warriors then stood on either side of the door to let the leaders and their guards enter. The Miskara of the Vagaari and King Blackbeard of the Tof sat down opposite each other, their guards arranged behind them.

Down the far end of the table several faint glow's hovered in the air, then a light turned on, revealing 4 Elite Annarian Warriors as well as a strange looking creature seated on a hover chair. The Miskara and King Blackbeard both looked at the creature intrigued. Only then did it speak, In a voice reminiscent of Michael Wincott*

"Welcome fellow leaders. It is an honour to have you both aboard my ship. I trust you are aware of why you are both here?" Fallacy
*King Blackbeard slammed his fist on the table, speaking in a tone similar to Ian McShane*
"To combat thy retched Chiss" King Blackbeard
"Indeed King Blackbeard of the Tof. I take it you are willing to commit your forces?" Fallacy
"Aye! My men shall spill much blood this day!" Kind Blackbeard
"Good, Good" Fallacy
*Fallacy then turned to face the Miskara*
"And what of you Miskara? do you and the Vagaari pledge yourselves to this cause as well?" Fallacy
*The Miskara remained silent for a moment before replying, in a voice reminiscent of Dee Bradley Baker (when he did the gravemind)*
"On behalf of the Vagaari, I pledge me and my men to this cause" Miskara
"Excellent. Our first assault shall begin soon, prepare your warriors, we attack very soon" Fallacy
*The Miskara spoke up again*
"Might I ask what we shall call you?" Miskara
"You can call me Fallacy" Fallacy
*With that the Miskara and King Blackbeard stood up and left with their guards, returning to their ships which left the hangar bay of the Sunkusis Ataka Kreiseris II and rejoined their fleets.
Fallacy then used his hover chair to move to the elevator right up to the bridge of the Sunkusis Ataka Kreiseris II, his four Elite Annarian Warriors in tow. On the bridge Fallacy met with the Elite Annarian Warrior's leader, who spoke with a tone similar to Keith David (as the Arbiter)*

"So, how goes preparations?" Fallacy
"They go well sire. At present we await word from Cruelty on Yoggoy. Scout's also report another Chiss Scouting party was seen on Celwis, but have been dealt with" Elite Annarian Warrior Leader
"Excellent work, I'm glad the leaders of the Tof and Vagaari agreed to continue this cause. It seems what ground we have gained so far has emboldened them" Fallacy
"It's not like it was hard ground to gain, the Chiss had just about left the planet on it's own" Elite Annarian Warrior Leader
"But ground none the less, Harcos" Fallacy
*Harcos nodded, knowing that Fallacy was right. For even though the planet was quite abandoned, the Chiss still put up a fight and it was ground the Alliance needed*
"Just remember, I picked you from all those Annarians, for you showed great promise and skill. This is the greatest Alliance these regions have ever known and all that we achieve combined, should never be under estimated. After all, individually, our races could not defeat the Chiss, but together we can bring them down and cut off their heads" Fallacy
"Agreed sir" Harcos
"Let me known when Cruelty contacts you" Fallacy
"As you wish" Harcos
*Fallacy then drove his hover chair to the elevator with his guards in tow. the elevator then went down several levels before stopping. Fallacy and his guards exited the elevator into a hallway that was elaborately dressed up. The group walked along it till they came into a large round room that had 3 doors set into the walls. Fallacy went over to the middle door and went through. The 4 Elite Annarian Warriors stopped outside the door and stood guard, knowing they weren't allowed inside the inner chambers of any of the Croke*

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:15 pm

*Not long after Harcos and Fallacy departed each other's company, Harcos' comlink began vibrating/ringing with an incoming message. When he answered it, a creature looking just like Fallacy appeared before him. Cruelty, one of the other Crokes pulling the stings of the Alliance, spoke with a strange echo in his voice that sounded as though he was speaking with several voices at once.*

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:31 pm

*Harcos did a quick bow as Cruelty appeared and made his demand*
"At once sir" Harcos
*Harcos then typed in a few commands and Cruetly's comm call was re-directed to Fallacy in his private chambers. The croke answered the comm line and an image of Cruelty appeared before Fallacy*
"Greetings Cruelty, how goes things on Yoggoy?" Fallacy
PreviousNext

Return to Within Hyperspace