Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Reporters - Conflicts

Post here to apply for vacant positions on the news staff.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:51 pm

Reporters - Conflicts

The conflicts reporter will be responsible for writing short and concise reports on the wars and conflicts within our galaxy. They must be willing to dig for the causes and truths in the conflicts. They must be willing to travel to the conflict areas and war-torn regions and be willing to interview the major players in the conflicts, as well as the victims and displaced refugees.

The successful applicant will be an excellent communicator, with an excellent grasp of the grammatical and syntactical nuances of Basic, and be able to meet strict deadlines under stressful conditions.

If you feel that this job is for you, please apply in this thread, in the following format:

Name:
Affiliations:
Current Positions Held:
A brief (100 word MIN/200 word MAX) article on a current conflict or conflict-region:

Post Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:24 pm

Re: Reporters - Conflicts

Name: Owen Kenobi
Affiliations: Commonwealth of Alderaan, Jedi Order, Emerald Order
Current Positions Held: King of Alderaan and Froz, Jedi Master of the Alderaan Jedi Academy
A brief (100 word MIN/200 word MAX) article on a current conflict or conflict-region: Recently, the Core Worlds was shaken by the secession of Alderaan and Froz. Due to circumstances that will remain confidential at the time, the king of Alderaan thought it in the people's best interests to break away from the New Republic. After receiving news of this grave event, Supreme Chancellor Jak Amdala as well as Vice Chancellor Vasilli Stukov arrived in the Alderaan system with nearly the entire New Republic navy. In the first hour of their arrival, civil war seemed imminent. Lacking the full understanding of the situation, the Honoghr fleet opened fire with a single EMP round on the king's flagship, the HMS Titan. Realizing civil war to not be the best course of action, the Prime Minister of Honoghr ventured down to the planet to speak in peaceful terms with the king. The discussion ended with the Prime Minister stepping slightly over his reach and the king growing extremely agitated. Luckily, the situation was dissolved before a full-scale civil war erupted between the two factions. As you can see, Alderaan is clearly the Shining Star of the Core Worlds, but not the Republic.

Post Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:47 pm

Name: Dyvius Lir'auo
Alliance: The Techno Union
Current Positions Held: Foreman, CEO of the TU. Also private informatiuon broker for certain cuases.
Summary: A defense is being mustered on the world of Metellos, home and HQ of the BCC, in an attempt to thwart a pending attack by the KSO. Help has been given to BC and his cause by the TU in the form of fleets and troops, in order to help their partner in business from destruction. The size of the upcoming conflict could range from small skirmishes to a full scale
battle for territory. of course being in the time of war that it is, no one is too keen on releasing more info than neccesary in order to keep enemies from fining pertinent plans out. Much more detail could be discovered, but not allowed. One important benefactor to this cause is Dyvius Lir'auo, who pledges full support to the BCC and allies in this time of crisis.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:41 am

Name: Kage Acheron
Affiliation: Imperial Alliance
Current Positions: Admiral in the Imperial Alliance, Governor of Sullust and Sluis Van

I would be like to be considered for the position of Editor.

Summary: Two Sith assassins attacked Jedi on Naboo, but were both beaten. One assassin's goal was a kill a Jedi, while the second was sent to kill the Queen. It is unknown if they were sent by the same master as of now. The first landed on Naboo, and started a fight with a Jedi Knight named Cherduo Pedducis. He stated that he was ordered "to kill you by my master, Darth Amun". Dunta Coral, a Jedi Master, intervened, causing the first assassin to run. However, during the fight, a second Sith assassin sneaked past the fighters and infiltrated the Palace. He quickly overwhelmed the palace guards, but encountered another Jedi Master, Kevobi Koon. Pedducis, finishing the first fight, got there in time to see them fighting. Pedducis injured the second assassin, who fled.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Name: Shayden Khaine
Affiliations: Mandalorians (my NPC)
Current Positions Held: MandalMotors PR Employee
A brief (100 word MIN/200 word MAX) article on a current conflict or conflict-region:

I'm here at Keldabe, Mandalore, standing in front of the ruins of what once was a public school bustling with children. It looks like the Mandalorians still have some issues to work out, as just this week, their government fell apart once more. The Mandalorian people have been put through a grueling war against the Jedi, and they've had their fair share of losses in the conflict. They blame their leader, Mand'alor Illusco Blackhawk, of not only fighting battles for his personal gain, but also with charges of treason to the state. Sources confirm that after a heated discussion on Ordo five days ago, the Mandalorians converged on Mandalore, along with Blackhawk. Fighting broke out about four days ago, when an army of Trandoshans and some Mandalorians engaged in rebellious activity in the capital. Although the fighting has now ceased, as you can see behind me, the damage has been deadly. Unconfirmed reports are getting through just now. It seems that blame for the attack has been put on a Mandalorian named Devian. Also, some eyewitness report that Blackhawk tried to escape the planet in a damaged fighter, but he may or may not have been shot down in space.

From Keldabe, Mandalore, this is Shayden Khaine. (Had to trim it to fit)

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:45 pm

Name: Jarypt Namelk
Affiliation: Sith, but no allegiance to factions.
Current Position: None, I have no faction.
Summary: Today is another beautiful day in Concordia, formally known as Lutris, here on Tynna. However, this beautiful day is marred by bloodshed, gang altercations and tensions escalate again today. Gunshots were reported and the police arrived to see members of two major gangs having a firefight with automatic projectile rifles. The police were forced to take cover as both sides opened fire on them. In a blazing firefight, two police officers were killed. One member from each gang faction fled the scene, all others were killed.
The four major gangs continue to fight with ever-increasingly deadly weapons. While it is clear to many officials that the gangs are being armed by someone, it remains unknown who this arms dealer is and why he has inspired such conflicts between the gangs, but if he is not stopped there is little doubt of a full-fledged gang war.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:11 pm

Carl Armas
Freelance Journalist

Writer's Note: I would like to be considered for the position of editor.

Misunderstandings. We all have them, and most of the time, people manage to find a way past them without incident. This was not the case at Malachor V, where a battle broke out between the Imperial Alliance and an unknown faction under the leadership of Atrox Vires and one "Darth Vihata". Minor to moderate damage was sustained by Vires' comrades before a truce was called, while the Imperial flagship, under the command of Darth Niht, suffered little to no damage at all.

Vires, the apprentice of the late Lord Maleficus, had returned to the planet to retake it from his master's killer, Amalexia Zulu Ur. Unfortunately, Zuka Zammannee and the Imperial Alliance had already made their move, and Ur was on the run. Vires mistakenly identified the Imperials as the encroaching force, and ordered an attack. The Imperials returned fire, as any fleet would when confronted by a seemingly hostile presence. Negotiations are currently underway, as the two leaders were made aware of the misunderstanding between them, and are discussing a compromise. We'll keep you posted as the situation develops.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:41 am

Name: Gabriel Solomon
Affiliations: Black Sun
Current Positions Held: Leader of Black Sun

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Humans, Twi-leks, Wookiees, Zabaraks, Ewoks and Jawas. Species of the Galaxy I come before you with heart breaking and galaxy shattering news. My name is Gabriel Solomon, Leader of Black Sun. Most of you have never heard of me, those of you who have now perhaps wish you hadn't. Behind me you are able to see the Planet Nal Hutta. Notice the large explosions visible from the observation windows. Those explosions are not fake, those are large enough to be seen from space. You ladies and gentlemen are witnessing the genocide of Southern Bilbousa, the main city on Nal Hutta.

Let me start from the beginning... Several months ago Zeka the Hutt, the leader of the Crisis Raiders and my representative and cousin Mercutio Solomon signed a peace treaty between our forces who were viciously fighting for control over the planet in the turmoil after the Nal Hutta Civil War. The peace treaty seperated the planet and Bilbousa, the capital city into two seperately governed regions. Northern Bilbousa was to be controlled exclusively by the Hutts, while Southern Bilbousa which was comprised of humans was to be under the protection of the brave and valiant soldiers of Black Sun. The Iron Fists led by the late An Tiarna Dubh were to be the main administrators and in time leaders of Southern Bilbousa. http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll24 ... bd7f64.jpg

Unfortunately for the people of Southern Bilbousa and my own forces, the Iron Fists were disbanded, their leader lost to us forever. Black Sun soon became the only force to oppose a Hutt genocide against the humans of Southern Bilbousa. The Hate between the species was created during the reigh of Lord Aduro who was human. During his reign the Hutts of Nal Hutta suffered terribly. However Black Sun and allies were able to assasinate Lord Aduro and free the planet. Unfortuantely anti-human resentment was rampant in Hutt settlemnts all over the planet. Violence against humans rose throughout the planet.

My forces under the Direction of my Cousin Mercutio Solomon held the line as best they could, however a Crisis Raider blockade and lacking force at many other Black Sun planets could not be spared... So our small force dug in to protect the innocent humans of the planet.

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:08 am

Name: Chumba the Ewok
Affiliation: HoloNet News Network
Current Position: HNN Live Action News Reporter

Chumba: "Violence broke out on the streets of Rimma City today as armed stormtroopers opened fire on a crowd of peaceful protesters. The protest in question was in response to the New Order of the Eye's hostile takeover of the Vandelhelm system. As many are already aware, the Vandelhelm system has been an area of dispute between Jedi and Sith forces for the last several years. First belonging to the Sith Empire, the planet was later to sold to space pirates in exchange for a lump sum payment, then gifted to the Jedi Order. It seems the Sith were not content with this arrangement and returned to conquer the sector of space. Now we are not yet sure what provoked the stormtroopers into opening fire, but eye witness accounts have stated that an Ewok and a Bothan were seen arguing at the front of the crowd of protesters just prior to the first shots being fired. Paramedics are responding to the scene as we speak, but there has been no official word yet on the death toll. This reporter hates to pessimistic, but it's not looking good. Back to you, Bob."

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Name: The Fact-Bot
Affiliations: Pinky's Rusty Balls
Current Positions Held: Second-In-Command to Pinky's CINC

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:43 pm

Name: HARVEY-2
Affiliation: Himself
Current Positions: HRD/ HK Droid
A brief (100 word MIN/200 word MAX) article on a current

conflict or conflict-area: [/quote] Crime. You see it everyday. It's a Galactic issue. But are you ever aware of who actually commits it? Look back onto the streets. Notice the man, that walks past you. He's probably young, gets a lot of attention, rich and innocent. You see him on the News later as a wanted criminal. You tell me now, are you always sure of who you can trust? It was Garret Starbringer. A 34 year old young man. He was caught...under the influence. He was on drugs, he was running a illegal prostitution business. Not only did he break those laws. No sooner than after his fourth kill did authorities realize he was killing VIPs in their own homes after drugs deals. At the hands of the Police, he escaped and is now wanted on Coruscant as the authorities look into further investigation. My name is Harvey. This is Holonet News. And have a great evening folks.

Affiliation:

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:30 am

Name: Yoikns John-Bob.
Affiliation: The News.
Current Positions: None.

Return to Holo News Vacancies