Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Valley of the Dead

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Valley of the Dead

*Valstrol watches Tricky fade away and sighs...the young died too soon. His phantom image slowly faded away afterwards.*

Post Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:13 pm

*Padma faded into the Valley of the Dead. Being bored, desiring to be left alone, she started to explore.*

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:33 am

*He awakens.

He is standing in a long valley of rock and stone seemingly devoid of any life. He looks down the valley. There is a shimmer in the distance, though he knows not what it is. He turns to look backwards and he sees a great stone door. He knows not where it leads. When he turns once more, there is a beautiful older woman standing there not ten feet away. Small streaks of grey line her otherwise rich auburn hair. She smiles at him and she seems familiar, but he doesn't recognize her. How could he, when he doesn't even recognize himself?*

Where am I?

<< Nowhere├óÔé¼┬ªand everywhere. Names have little meaning here but you would know it best as the Valley of Death >>

Who am I?

<< Only you can truly answer that. If you do not know thyself, then no-one else can >>

Why am I here?

*Her smile becomes a sad one.*

<< Many reasons. Your head, heart and soul were not in harmony. You were asked to make a choice. You failed >>

*He frowns. He remembers something├óÔé¼┬ªa reason.*

I needed to know the truth.

<< All truths are clouded by personal perception and prejudice >>

*He is not sure he agrees but he doesn't reply. Somehow he knows he is running out of time. Time for what? Was it something he needed to know or something he needed to do? He looks at her and she smiles at him again.*

<< Both >>

*He blinks. She had read his mind. Interesting.*

What happens now?

*Her expression turns grim and sad. No trace of the smile remains.*

<< No matter what happens now, this will not end well >>

*She turns as if to leave.*

Wait!

*She stops.*

What am I supposed to do?

*With an enigmatic expression, she replies*

<< You wait >>

*She fades away.*

--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--

*Time passes, and he waits. The bright sky grows slightly darker.

After what could have been a day or a year, he hears a strong baritone voice from behind him.*

<< Hello little brother >>

*He turns. Standing not far away is a tall, handsome, square-jawed man with short black hair and a well-trimmed black beard. He wears black silk robes with a golden dragon embroidered down each sleeve. The grin that graces the man's features is familiar, and he somehow knew that it matched his own.*

You are my brother?

<< One of them >>

Why are you here?

<< Because it is the only place I can be. Because it is where you are >>

I don├óÔé¼Ôäót understand.

<< You will in time. You were always the smart one >>

What am I supposed to do until then?

<< When your head, heart and soul are in alignment, you will know. Doubt is absolved by knowledge >>

*He frowns in concentration. He knew these words; they echoed inside of him like the vibrations after the striking of a gong. But he had forgotten so much. It was hard to remember.*

Those words. They mean something important, don├óÔé¼Ôäót they?

*The man nods and smiles approvingly at him*

<< The Code. When in doubt, look to the Code >>

But there's more to it than that. Tell me the rest.

<< I don├óÔé¼Ôäót need to. It's inside you. It always has been >>

*The man turns as if to leave.*

Wait!

*He stops.*

Will I see you again?

*With a brotherly smile, the man replies*

<< You won't need to. I am with you little brother; always. Look after my daughter >>

*He fades away.*

--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--

*Time passes, and he waits.

Words echo in his head, each evoking fragments of shattered memories. It is as if he is re-learning his life all over again, and yet so much of it was missing. He still doesn't know his own name. He looks to the sky, and his sense of urgency increases. It was growing darker. He knew intuitively that if the shadow of evening swept over him, he would be gone. But there was still so much he needed to know. He calls out to the heavens.*

Help me narrator! I am getting bored and want to see the punch line sometime soon!

<< As you wish >>

*He spins around quickly to face the man standing behind him, idly wondering as he does so why these people always insisted on appearing behind him. Did they think it was more dramatic? That Sithspit only worked on TV.*

Who are you?

<< Xendor >>

Aren't you supposed to be all cryptic?

<< I can be if you wish me to >>

No, no. Direct is good. So how do I get out of here?

*Xendor turns to point at the sealed stone door nearby.*

<< Wait for that door to open and then walk through it >>

What if it doesn't open?

<< Then you won't get out of here. You put your life in the hands of others. Your fate is up to them now >>

Then why all the riddles?

<< Because you strayed from the Path, and that is something you will have to atone for, in this life or the next >>

What path?

<< You still don├óÔé¼Ôäót remember? You are The Sage; the Keeper of Knowledge. If you don├óÔé¼Ôäót remember, then the way is lost >>

*He struggles to remember. Bits and pieces come back to him. And faces. Faces of the faithful.*

There are others.

*Xendor shakes his head*

<< It is not enough. They still need you Sage. And you still need to understand your mistakes. The Vision faded and you let it happen. Others share the blame, but it is you now hanging in the balance. If fate turns in your favour and that door opens, it will be up to you to restore it and set the galaxy on a better path >>

*His mind boggles at the concept. One man changing the galaxy was as likely as one man keeping Villa's mum satisfied ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ it was impossible.*

I can't do it alone.

<< You won't have to >>

*Xendor raises his arm and gestures. On a ridge in the distance, six figures appear ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ shadowy and indistinct ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ and yet with auras as clear as day. After a moment, they fade away. Xendor lowers his arm.*

<< These six. Only them may you trust with the task entrusted to you. You will know them, and they will help you. Without them, you will fail >>

*Suddenly he remembers something new. Something from history. The man standing in front of him was a legend who had died thousands of years before ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ the first of the Dark Jedi.*

You were once a Jedi, right?

<< Just as you were once a Sith >>

Did you ever achieve true harmony with the Path?

*Xendor smiles and shakes his head*

<< No Sage, I did not. And neither will you. You and I are merely steps in the journey. But this journey must be taken, and when the time comes, another will take over from where you left off >>

*Xendor pauses and looks off to one side. There is nothing there and yet he sees something nonetheless. He nods.*

<< I must go. Another like you approaches. A spirit-brother >>

*Xendor gives him a nod as he fades away*

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:38 am

*The cold waters of Death pulled at the legs of a figure wrapped in cloaked shadow, its form reflecting dimly upon the icy river that it stood in. Even though it stood only at the misty First Gate, it could hear the whispers of Death calling out to it like a siren's song, soothing and welcoming as a promise of eternal rest. In this river, a person had to remain aware and strong willed lest he or she be swept away by the current of the river to go further into Death where that promised rest lay beyond the Ninth Gate that led into the Netherworld. The traveler knew that it could not step upon the grounds of the Netherworld and expect to return. No mortal being, no matter how powerful, could walk in Death and then into the Netherworld both body and soul like it was now without the Netherworld taking away the life that it held onto. Even the very waters of the river seeped Life from those who would enter it. But that was exactly where this figure needed to go because like many times before it sought the wisdom of those who had passed on before the traveler of Death.

Even as the traveler passed into the Second Gate, the senses of the traveler found the presence of another, but this presence was not of someone or something that now belonged to Life, but of Death. The traveler knew that the passing of this presence into Death had to have been very recent to be only at the Second Gate where it was still so close to the way back to Life. The only other explanation was that this being who the traveler sensed was strong enough to resist the call of Death enough so that it would not carried any further. If that were the case, the being had to be dealt with should the being find a way back into Life with less than good intentions.

Stretching out with its senses, the traveler with cautious steps and a hand placed upon the puukko sheathed on its belt walked forward through the mists in the direction the presence. At first the traveler could see no one through the thickness of the mists, but eventually it saw the figure of a man with long black hair and noble posture. The man seemed lost and confused like a man who had drank too many bottles of rum in one sitting. But what was so important about this man was the traveler recognized this man. This man was...had been his friend before the traveler had gone back to Linnunrata to study. The traveler however did not relax at first as it remembered the teachings of its mentor that sometimes beings of Death could change their shapes to try and deceive any would be members of Life. The traveler stopped only about ten feet away from the man from behind to speak in a deep yet soft spoken tone.*

<< Why are you here, my brother? >>

Affiliation:

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:35 pm

[narration:22x26871]Time passes, and he waits. A maelstrom of thought and emotion swirls through him. Memories, faces, wants, desires....it seemed like his life was slowly coming back to him, and yet the sky grew darker still. The shadows would be on him soon....[/narration:22x26871]

[quote="Nyyrikki Tuoni":22x26871][force_speak:22x26871]Why are you here, my brother?[/force_speak:22x26871][/quote:22x26871]

[narration:22x26871]He spins around to face this new arrival who, just like the others, had snuck up behind him without notice. He had this vague notion that in life, he had been a very hard man to sneak up on; not so in death. He examines the figure of cloaked shadow in front of him. Again, like the others, he sensed something familiar. His eyes dart to the ridgeline where the six shadows had been earlier, then back to the man in front of him[/narration:22x26871]

Are you one of my other brothers? Has death taken you too?

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:47 pm

*At first the traveler was taken aback by the man's question until the traveler remembered that only a handful, most of whom resided within the Unknown Regions, knew of its ability to walk in Death while still alive. The man seemed confused and uncertain to the cloaked traveler. The traveler knew that it should have expected as much. Rarely could those who had just entered Death unwillingly remember who they were or who anyone really was. Eventually memories came back slowly, but by then they usually had been in Death too long to return to Life. The traveler could not allow this to happen. It needed to bring back the memories of his friend before it was too late.*

<< No, my brother, I am not a member of the Dead. I still draw breathe in Life, but I am one of few who knows the secrets to walk in Death without submitting to its call. You and I knew each other in Life. We bled together what seems like so long ago. Do you remember your name? >>

Affiliation:

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:31 am

*He is impressed. Impressed and confused. To enter the halls of the dead while still living was a most impressive feat. In fact, he himself had sought to do it once....but he couldn't remember the reason. Or how the attempt had ended. Or maybe this here was result? He didn't know. But his name. That was the important thing. He frowns as he struggles to remember. His name still eludes him, but something else comes back. Forcefully*

I am the Sage. I am.....Jen'jidai.

*Yes! Jen'jidai! The sound of the syllables when spoken aloud cause ripples within his mind, shaking loose new memories and evoking forgotten feelings*

I must get back. I have a task. It cannot be left undone. Can you help me brother?

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:37 am

*The traveler was reminded of the days that it had once been a Jedi where such a request to aid someone, who had passed on, back into Life would have likely been denied. But time and the meeting of new orders had changed such thinking. Sometimes those who died before their time were still needed, and perhaps that single life could be what tips the scales in the possible hardships to come. The traveler knew that it was trying to justify helping its brother without having a personal stake in it. Regardless the traveler knew it wanted to help not only because of its brother's importance, but because of the bond of brotherhood it shared with the one who called themselves the Jen'jidai.*

<< I will help you bear this burden, my brother. Where we stand is known as the Second Gate. I will take you to the First Gate where the entrance into Life resides, and the call of Death is weakest. We may speak more then. >>

*The traveler turned its back to the Jen'jidai to bring walking through the waters as its only signal for its brother to follow. Back to where Life waited.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:02 am

*He looks once up at the darkening sky, then at the doorway nearby. He knew he would not have time to come back if this brother of his was wrong. But he sensed that he could trust this man. It was not a thought based on memories or facts; simply an undeniable instinct. He steps away from the second gate and follows in the footsteps of the other, while muttering under his breath*

...through Vision we find Balance.....Balance will bring us Control.....

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:56 pm

*The traveler stepped into the realm of the First Gate, and it could just barely vaguely make the brilliant light that signaled the way back to Life. The traveler stopped a short distance away before turning to the Jen'jidai to point at the entrance.*

<< It is here that you may return to Life, yet I fear that you will require the aid of others who reside in Life so that you can return depending on how severely injured you were. However, I possess knowledge no one but I and at one time you as well that can be of assistance. I must remain here now to perform a task that I had hoped I would never have to perform, but your presence here has deemed that it must be done....Go forth towards the light that calls like the sunrise after the darkest of nights back to Life once you feel the time is right. Justice be upon you, my brother. >>

*The traveler's final words echoed as if they were spoken within a vast hallway, the power of the Force seemingly etched within them to grant the Jen'jidai the strength that he would need to break through back into Life.*

Post Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:12 pm

*Padma wanded the Netherworld, the Valley of the Dead to be exact. Shhe was feeling weaker than ever, she was trying to regain energy to contact her love again.*

Post Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:26 pm

*Padma saw a faint glowing light before her. It looked like a portal. She knew what this portal was for. It was for those who wished to never be seen, never to be thought of again, never to be contacted, never to be spoken about again. She wanted to go through the portal. She hated herself so much for causing her love so much pain.*

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:52 pm

*When they reach the First Gate he feels the sky grow slightly lighter and the shadows growing in his mind seem to be slowly receding. He turns to his brother and listens to those final words that burn like fire in his brain, full of life and energy. He turns and bows to his brother before returning to face the gate.*

Thankyou my brother. I will not forget this.

*He returns to face the gate. He takes a deep breath as he gathers his strength; his focus and willpower, and then plunges forward. The resistance is overwhelming and incredible and chilling.....but he perseveres. A thought flashes through his mind that is gone again in an instant - the will to conquer is the first condition of victory. He doesn't know where it comes from but it bolsters him; with an almighty roar he surges further forwards, until brilliant light envelops him completely and suddenly....

....he seems to be someplace else. It is dark. Pitch black. He can't move. He wonders if he failed - if this is the final death. But is death comes the lethe, and yet he remembers now more than before. He is more than just the Jen'jidai Sage; he is Dark Justice, a Judge of the Natural Order - a Path that had been betrayed too many times....even by himself. But no more. There were things he knew he needed to do now, if only he could move. If only he could break through the void. It was an odd feeling to be so powerful and determined and full of conviction, yet to be lost and powerless and in blackness. But after searching with his mind for some indeterminably long period of time, he finds something.............there.......and his consciousneess raises towards it.....*

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:22 pm

*Time has no meaning here, the crook of the river on Dathomir recreated in this persisting afterlife. Her head lay in his lap, his fingers gently playing with her hair as she watches the river flow slowly past. To her it has been an eternity that she was spent with him in this place, and an eternity since she passed beyond the veil to find a familiar face waiting in chaos. Allmi watches her breathing gently, her long brown hair cascading down his leg on the ground. She was beautiful and true, redeemed in the fire of chaos and rescued from herself by his loving arms. He could not have imagined her capable of so much hate but it made since if you considered how deeply she loved. He pauses the motion, and pulls her up to sitting, folding her in his arms.

She looks at him warmly, laying a gentle kiss on his cheek before closing her eyes to lay her head against his chest. This was a perfect paradise and there was no where else she would rather be than in his arms. He had fought his way through chaos and back for her, showing her that letting her hatred go was the key to finding her peace and coming with him back to the valley. She had immediately thought it was a cruel trick, that there was no way he could have found her. It was a long argument before she accepted that he had managed to find her and make her remember who she was.

She never thought of her life anymore, her atonement was complete, her salvation secure and she was finally content in the arms of her beloved for all time.*

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:19 pm

*As the stream flows so it seems does her presence as it falters and begins to fade. Frantic she looks at Allmi, fear evident in his face. He tries to grasp at her, but his hands pass right through her as a burning sensation flows into her. She goes to scream but there are no words as her presence disappears from the valley of the dead.*

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:17 pm

**Time has no meaning here. Worldly feelings are nothing more than pitiful refuse in the infinite black. All that matters within the Ultimate Darkness is oblivion.

Ferinus stumbled forward through the darkness, turning swiftly around to witness the aftermath of the battle.

But all he saw was a blackness that seemed to stretch on as far as existence itself. The last thing he recalled was a blinding flash of light, a supposed finishing move in an attempt to finally kill him.

Now Ferinus could see that his opponent had only been....nearly successful.

He spat a drop of black blood from his mouth where the hilt of a lightsaber had previously smashed against his jaw. When that blood hit whatever was the considered the bottom of this void, it sifted away into a small smoke of shadows.**

<<I know this place.....I've been here before...or somewhere near it....>>

**Ferinus held a hand to his temple, and started when he couldn't feel the skin of his fingertips graze his forehead. He pulled his hand down to see his fingers begin disentegrating into wisps of shadow. He looked down at his torso, which was also beginning to bleed shadows like smoke, seeping from seemingly every pore in his body.

He felt a great convulsion in his skull and he fell to his knees. He knew exactly what was happening. Somewhere, on the plane before this place, the existence that many called "life", he must be near death, and now the Void was attempting to destroy his consciousness.

He chuckled to himself, an empty sonorous chuckle that seemed to carry for miles in the infinite black.**

<<Forgive me....but I'm not quite done yet. There is never an end unless you choose to be your own end.>>

**He turned and defiantly spat another glob of warm, black blood at the limitless shadows all around him.**

<<This isn't my first time.>>

**Ferinus closed his onyx eyes, and reached into the depth of the Dark Side within, the blackness that had helped power and motivate every deed of his entire life since his eyes were opened. He called upon every fiber of his hatred, his anger, his endless pursuit of bloodshed and vengeance against the Ji'Dai.

An inferno of dark flames spread all across his body as he fell face-first. The flames exploded outward, filling the darkness for only a few moments.

But when every flame fizzled out, Ferinus was gone.**

Affiliation:

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:07 pm

*Invisus awakens on the cold ground. He takes in a deep breath. He sits up and reaches around to his back to feel where the blaster bolt hit. Nothing there. Wait....he CAN reach around his back. He hadn't been that flexible in years. He looks down at his hands the wrinkles are gone. The finger nails white and healthy instead of yellow and brittle. Even the arthritis is no more. A puddle of water sits nearby. He peers in at his reflection. Young. Healed. The twisted deformities caused by decades of Dark Side use are gone. He had died for noble cause. It was the only explanation. With his dieing breath he had redeemed himself in the eyes of the Force. Even his clothes had changed the black robe had turned to a light gray and gone from being made of rough sack cloth to an unnaturally smooth wool.*

├óÔé¼┼ôBy the Force.├óÔé¼┬Ø

*He stands to his feet and begins to look around.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:58 pm

*Invisus walks slowly through the mists of the Netherworld. The ground under his feet is hard and rocky. The air is damp and heavy and he can see his own breath as he exhales. Not much here. Just wandering sprits with no place better to be. He feels something tug at his heart, something drawing him in a specific direction. He walks on blindly following the feeling in his soul. After about an hour of walking he sees in the distance a certain darkness, a place where the light does not shine so bright.*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:03 pm

[quote="Valdemar Schouberg":5tmi4uv8][narration:5tmi4uv8]Invisus walks slowly through the mists of the Netherworld. The ground under his feet is hard and rocky. The air is damp and heavy and he can see his own breath as he exhales. Not much here. Just wandering sprits with no place better to be. He feels something tug at his heart, something drawing him in a specific direction. He walks on blindly following the feeling in his soul. After about an hour of walking he sees in the distance a certain darkness, a place where the light does not shine so bright.[/narration:5tmi4uv8][/quote:5tmi4uv8]
[size=150:5tmi4uv8]
AHH! Posted with the wrong charictor!!!![/size:5tmi4uv8]
Previous

Return to Valley of the Dead