Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

The Sands of Time

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: The Sands of Time

*After some time, Gavin made it to where Bane was. He looked up to where he was and jumped up there. Bane would see he was cut up a bit and was in a battle. He looked and saw Tara there too.*

Good, you found her. Now let's go. Something's coming.

Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:22 am

*she wraps her arms around banes neck and refuses to let go as she looks up at gavin*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:55 am

*Bane looked over at Gavin*

yeah, I know, I need you to take her back to the rift alright, I am not going to let this thing follow us, it's about time I finished this fight anyway

*he got up and handed him Tara, reluctant as she was*

when you get back, go to my lair and there should be a becta tank with a body inside, thats hers, now I need you to go.......this is going to be really dicy

Affiliation:

Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:42 pm

*Gavin took Tara.*

You better come back. Otherwise, I'll come back and kill you myself.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:53 pm

*Bane nodded and began to walk off in the direction of the power that could be felt in the distance, hands in his pockets, he walked out a few feet and dashed off, seeming to just disappear*

Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:41 pm

*she struggled to keep her arms around banes neck, but as he peeled her off and handed her to bane, she wrapped her arms around his neck, being more like a leech than a person. she looks off after bane with teary eyes then hides her face in gavin's shoulder*

Affiliation:

Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:21 pm

*Gavin watches Bane head out. With that, he picked Tara up off the ground and leaped to the ground and began running the way he came. He wasn't competely sure how to get out, but the best idea he had was go to where he originally entered. Using Force Speed, he sped even faster along the desert ground.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Post Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:13 pm

*hours pass when Gavin leaves, only the sounds of a vicious combat are heard in the distance, once the sounds subside, it was only a couple hours later Bane was returning the way he came, his blade was covered in blood, his cloths tattered and soaked in blood as well, serious injuries covered him, he walked very slowly back out the way he came*

Affiliation:

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:15 am

*A flash of blue appears in the sky of this long forgotten realm, its sands warm and soothing. As the flash of light disappears, a figure, small and unrecognizable that high up is seen. It starts falling, faster and faster, its clothing billowing as it sails down, and finally disappears, sending a wave of sand flying into the air as it impacts near a hut. The figure lies in the sand, unmoving, as the empty shack near him stands empty. His body covered in scars, cuts, bruises, gashes, and all manor of injuries, his face is contorted with pain. Talon's mind flurries to life, as he feels something.*
Am I not dead? He killed me, of that I am sure, but...warm sand? Why is there sand? It feels so warm, and soothing, but I should be dead...why sand? Where in the hell am I? I cannot still be alive...the desert was too far away, he killed me in the city...but here I lie in sand...I must awaken! Why can't I wake up!? I must wake up!!
*Talon's right hand flexed once, but he lay still further more, his mind and body unable to connect for the moment. His hand lay away from his body, almost as if reaching out.*

Post Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:53 pm

sounds like the kinda place i like to hang out

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:46 pm

*Yeddle appears in the Sands of Time to be trapped and tortured for all eternity, unable to escape, and unable to defend himself, he looks around seeing that this is not Chaos, this is not where he was supposed to be. He would soon realize just how weak the Dark Side has made him*

Chaos this is not. Impossible this is.....NOOO.....Mortious!!!!

*He is trapped here for all time*

Affiliation:

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:44 pm

*A small figure appears near Yeddle, its armor glistening in the sun. The sand slid as the creature stepped forward, studying Yeddle. It was a rather , standing only a foot and a half tall. It nodded to him.*

Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:13 pm

*A look of bewilderment crossed Dakmel's face as he stared at the child. He couldn't believe what she just said, how could he possibly be here in the Sands of Time, he should still be in the praxium on Ossus? A sad look came across the child's face as she spoke again.*

"Why did you do it? Why did you kill us?"

*This statement brought Dakmel's mind to a grinding halt.*

"I didn't..what do you mean..us?"

*The child didn't answer but gave a sinister smile. That's when Dakmel heard the sounds of movement. Turning around he saw a figure pulling itself out of the sand, and then another quickly followed by many more until he was surrounded by dozens of sentients. All of them were pale in color with hollow dark gazes that sent a shiver down his spine.*

"Do you remember us now? We are all of the sentients you have claimed the lives of."

"Why am I here? What do you want with me"

"Why we have a gift for you. A really special one."

*Before Dakmel realized what was going on the creatures attacked and were on him in a flash. Dakmel tried to fight back but was quickly overwhelmed and forced to the ground. Over the chaos he heard the child laughing as she moved towards him. She stopped in front of Dakmel, reaching down she placed her right hand on his chest right over Dakmel's heart. A sudden excruciating pain shot through his body and made him cry out.*

"Now you will feel our pain, our sadness. The more hate you feel the more it will consume you, and turn you into what you fear most."

*Dakmel let out a yell of anger as the words echoed in his head. He began to gather as much force as possible for one devastating attack, but little did he know his mind was already traveling back to his body*

OOC: ok next post is back on Ossus.*

Post Sat May 01, 2010 3:06 pm

*Kanti was catapulted by way of Ganner's powers of teleportation into the sands of time. He was lying face first on the top of a dune that was obviously unrecognizeable compared to the rest. His whole structure was still quivering from the forced teleoprtation, and he refused to get up, as his spiritual form was too unstable at the moment.

The Quarren lay face down in the rough sand and let the eerie winds sweep across his back and ruffle his cloak that was assigned his ghostly form. Suddenly, while everything remained scarily quiet, there was the sound of footsteps crunching across the dunes from behind Kanti. He remained still to hopefully throw off the approaching being. However, the footsteps continued to grow louder until suddenly a shadoiw passed over Kanti.

Then, there was a pressure coming from his back and Kanti was lifted up by the back of his ghostly cloak. Then, after he was planted on his feet by the person, a hand reached on his shoulder and spun him around right quick. Kanti stared not into a face, but simply two eyes that were devoid of pupils. Only white, sharp strips were viewed at all. The rest of the entire head was covered in white and grey cloth wrappings. This garb extended to the enitrety of this person's body, except where the hands were concerned. From the arms up to the elbows, leather gloves with straps from the wrist to the elbow were present.

The boots were modeled much like the elbows, with knee-high boots of the same brown leather with straps up the entire length. A chest-crossed strap held some sort of spear weapon on the figure's back, and along the front were loops filled with knives. The figure wore a calf-length cape of the same sandy grey material as most of his clothing, and it was severely tattered. It fluttered with a soft flapping noise in the desert wind that blew curls of sand through the clear and dry air.

Kanti had to ask:

"Who are you?"

The figure actually replied, much to Kanti's surprise, for the Quarren had not known this person had a mouth with which to speak. The voice was male, therefore Kanti already had a feeling this was one of Ganner's "brothers" of which he had spoken.

I am Karin, the Master of the Sands of Time.

Kanti asked yet another question which he was almost sure of the answer.

"And you must be a brother of Ganner, the gate guardian?"

The figure nodded. It took it's gloved hand from Kanti's shoulder and took a step away. It surveyed him thoroughly, then spoke as if having finished appraising a used land speeder.

Your clothing suggests that you were once a Jedi Master before you joined us souls. Am I correct?

Kanti nodded, as he was still rather put-off about the entire situation.

"I was. And I caused my own death by over-exerting myself when trying to use the Force. It was stupid of me, as I realize I was and still am quite foolish."

The Master of the Sands nodded and turned away. It seemed to watch over the lifeless sands as if something was occurring. It continued to speak to the Quarren.

First, let me lay out some ground rules. Please pay very close attention to what I am going to say to you. It shall be of the utmost importance to you whilst you help me out:

First among my rules: Never let my appearance deceive your reasonings. I am not some lonesome stranger who speaks little and does nothing but wield my staff of time and judgment. I am very vocal, and much more intelligent in word and mind than my brother Ganner is. I also was once a Jedi, so I know of the Force much more than you may believe. Understood?

Second: I have the gift of Soul Sight. While you see only sand and gusts of wind, I see the causes of these things; which are the souls forced to spend life in slow-motion and in dreary existence. You, in order to help me, will be given this Soul Sight. You must fortify your inner being against what shall be revealed to you, or you may be driven mad. Understood?

Third and Last: You must learn to be just like me. You must learn to cover your spiritual body from the rasping hands and injurious legs of the souls who try their hardest to strike out at me. Once I have covered you up, you must never uncover, lest you be lost to their eternal wounding. Understood?

Kanti nodded and replied affirmative to all three of the Master's questions. His real training was about to begin.*

Post Wed May 05, 2010 9:20 pm

*The Keeper then spun around on his heels as if he were on durasteel flooring and not sand, and Kanti suspected telekinesis...but could one use Telekinesis when one is dead? Then, before the Quarren could blink his giant eyes, the Keeper snapped his fingers and Kanti could see.

It was absolutely terrifying. (Imagine the imagery to be like Link's beast sense in Twilight Princess).The Jedi Master's ghost nearly died again. The sand had come alive...with bodies. People of all species were actually the shifting sands, and the reason they shifted was because they were trying to unsuccessfully pull themselves out from their prison to grope at the Keeper. They were tormented souls, souls with nothing left to gain, but nothing close to pain for them. The insanity of loneliness must have broken their wills, and their ultimate hopelessness must have cemented their dooms. It wasn't really a bad thing, but a soul with either happiness or damnation to go to would absolutely be destroyed to find nothing as their end result. Absolutely nothing.

Kanti stumbled, and some groping spiritual fingers grabbed on to his ethereal robes and tugged. Kanti could feel the hope entering these lucky souls' cores. He was afraid and he looked to the the Keeper for help. The Keeper no longer blended in. Instead of looking like the sand, he looked absolutely different. He remained sandy grey and tan, but compared to the dark blues and chaotic swirls of the actual images of the souls, he stood out like their master, which he was. Kanti reached for his only chance, and the Keeper actually pulled Kanti free of their grip. The hope faded away like a blasterbolt into Hutt skin.*

*The Keeper waggled a gloved finger at him.*

No, you must not let them break your concentration. You must learn to see them as what they are: Nothing.

*Kanti mumbled a garbled response, but the Keeper assured him.*

Eventually, once they leave the chaotic phase, they shall fade away back into the Force. You must understand that the souls who were not decisive enough in life to go to Harmony, Manda, Chaos, or the Land of the dead were sent here, to be recycled into the Force so another individual could possibly make more difference in the galaxy.

*Kanti was intrigued, he asked,*

"Are you saying these Sands are just a compost heap of Souls?"

*The Keeper nodded. He beckoned Kanti to follow, and the Quarren watched his step around flailing arms. His afterlife as the assistant to the Keeper of the Sands began now.*

Affiliation:

Post Mon May 30, 2011 5:35 am

*The swirling malestrom of time spread before him as he plummeted, his body of light streaking a blur across a blank, featureless abyss. The myriad lights and colours ran, like many tins of paint poured onto a flat surface or spilled oil in water, as he soared into them. He didn't fear what would happen here. The first time he had entered this plane he had not know what it was or where it would take him. This time he entered it with the confidence and accuracy of where and WHEN he wanted to be.
As the riot of colours and timeless energy washed over him he heard a faint whine, like air escaping from a tiny hole in a fighters hull. It grew in volume the closer to the "eye" of the storm he got. He could see it now. A large funnel, like that of a black hole, sucking in everything around it.
He streaked closer to the event horizon of time itself and altered his course. He didn't know how he navigated in this form. This was the first time he had let go enought to actually be at ease with his corporeal body and he used this to this advantage as he disappeared into the funnel.*

*Time in its entirety wasn't an easy thing to behold. Births and deaths, that of people... planets... Stars, all merged into one, everlasting instant as he traversed throughout the millenia that had gone before. That which was yet to be seemed a dimmed version of that which had passed. The images overlaying themselves with various possibilities. There was no pattern. No point of reference yet... Something guided it. Something that could be communicated with on a subconcious level. It was this that guided him to where he needed to be...*
Previous

Return to The Sands of Time