Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:54 am

Read This Planet's Entry in the Traveler's Guide

Barab I

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Barab_One

Important INFO: This is from Wiki itself; however, people miss this important part of Barab I-

During its six daylight hours, the radiation (in the forms of gamma rays, ultraviolet, and infrared) and heat from the star forced all life underground, and when the planet turned away from it, it became safe for natives and creatures of the planet to hunt. However during this time frame, sudden torrential downpours from the day's evaporation could occur so the native Barabel had to move quickly.

So make sure you have some type of protection if walking out on the surface during the day...

Important Info of politics and stances to newcomers:

Barab I is not a part of any faction. It is neutral and does not lean to any side of the Force. One exception is that the Barabels respect the Jedi due to the history of Jedi settling a dispute between Barabel Clans. The Barabels wish to have peaceful stances with many species and governments. If forceful action is needed, then the Barabels will be relentless. This gives the Barabels independence from others. They wish to keep this independence as long as possible while trying to securing ties to allies.

Newcomers are always welcome. Barab is a place where you can RP whatever you wish as long as it is within the rules. I wish for Barab to have a good amount of writers here, so I am keeping it open as much as possible. Please, PM me if you have any questions.

Types of Rp's on Barab I

Open RP:This is encourage greatly. This planet has been abandoned so many times. I wish for it to grow, so Open RP's are a thumbs up. Want to speak to any of the NPC's/Characters? Feel free to join in or PM.
Closed RP: Closed RPs are allowed here. I just ask you that you be respectful to the other writers on the planet. Please PM me what you wish to write and I'll give you some feedback.
Private RP: If you want a private RP, just PM me what you wish to RP here and I'll tell you if it is appropriate or not.

Suggestions and/or rule variations for this Planet.

As always, please be respectful to the other writers here. Please follow the site rules. Closed and Private RP's are the only time which some rules can be broken only if all parties within the RP agree to this change. If any issues arise, please PM me, and I will resolve the issue. Please use the OOC thread for anything OOC or just PM between the individual or parties involved. Thanks.

What to expect as a new RP arrival wanting to write here:

Newcomers can come in two ways:

1. You wish to start on the surface- This is allowed. Just send me a PM so that I know you are starting on the planet.
2. You come in by ship- In this case, I ask you to contact "Barab Control" in the comm channel before landing. You'll need to state your business and await a reply. Please wait till you are replied to before landing. If you have not received a reply within a day's time, please PM me and I will reply as soon as possible.

Past History/Current Events:

Time Stamp: 05/2009

The planet of Barab One existed in Jedi Versus Sith Version 1.0. It was owned by several factions, including the New Republic, the International Force Alliance, the Ra Empire, and the United Federation of Free Worlds.

Upon the start of Jedi Versus Sith Version 1.5, it was a bit chaotic. At first the Bakuron Curos Corperation took control of the planet. The Ra Empire wrested the planet away from them. Following it's abandonment the Forsaken Mercenary Battle Group claimed control. Following their abandonment the Flames of Ishval Mercenary Unit claimed control.

The planet has been under multiple abandonments as stated above with the most recent one by the Fel Empire. As so many factions have abandoned it, the current state of the Barab I will be neutral. The government will also be fully Barabel due to these abandonments by other factions containing other races. They won't have a "hatred" to all races, but will have that feeling of dislike toward others, after being abandoned so much. However, the goals are still firm to make peace and will be open to diplomacy.

Time Stamp: 04/2012

The Barabel Government has grown and has established relations with the Jedi on Felucia. Multiple improvements to the various locations on Barab has bolstered growth and prosperity. There was on incident that occured. Rin'ek, a rogue Barabel Clan leader, tried to overthrow the government by luring Sharak into a trap. The trap did succeed, but Jaraz came at a pivotal moment and turned the tide of the battle.

Now a few months have past after that situation, and now MarshalYuen has returned to give assistance to the Barabel people. He hopes to help the Barabels rise up and make an impact on the galaxy. He also wishes to re-establish the Wayland Republic. Of course, the Barabels have agreed to help the Grey Jedi anyway possible. Once negotiations are done, the current Barabel government will work with MarshalYuen to make necessary improvements. In the end, both parties wish to make a lasting relationship and have the ability to support each other.

Sharak Iskar is the current Prime Minister of the planet.
Haraz coordinates ground defenses.
Jaraz is the Commander of the Fleet and orbital defenses.
Keriaz takes care of diplomacy and other relations outside of the Barabel government.
Skahbor is the representative of all the Barabel Clans.

Current Planetary Defenses

1 Golan III Defense Platform "Bonecrusher" position in orbit over Alater-Ka
72 satellites in low orbit.
1 Shield Generator protecting Alater-Ka
1 Ion Cannon located at: Mount Ste'vshuulsz Military Base (Embedded into the mountain side)
5,000 regular Barabel troops with microbe armor and equipped with AR-1 blaster rifles with blade mounts. Location: Military Command Base in Alater-Ka.
2,000 regular Barabel troops with microbe armor and equipped with AR-1 blaster rifles with blade mounts. Location:
Mount Ste'vshuulsz Military Base
1,320 regular Barabel troops with microbe armor and equipped with AR-1 blaster rifles with blade mounts. Location:
Listian Hills Military Command Outpost
500 elite Barabel troops(known as the "Hunter's Guard") with microbe armor and equipped with B-100 rifles, thermal and EMP grenades.

Thank you very much! If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please PM Sharak Iskar!

Current RPer's
Sharak Iskar
MarshalYuen
Last edited by Shaman Anaxilea on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated 04/08/12