Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

OOC RP Planning and Dispute Resolution

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: IC disputes settled OOC

[quote="Murdock Shan":2e2lh7v0]Anyone else feel like they have been disrespected with the Terran being usurped in the middle of our fight?[/quote:2e2lh7v0]

[quote="Stridal Braeden":2e2lh7v0][narration:2e2lh7v0]Growls at the newbs moving closer to them so as to cough on them giving them his flu[/narration:2e2lh7v0]

Thanks for the heads up on posting on the Terrain topic you newbs! Because of your apparent lack of RPing skills now I have to browse through like umpteen pages just to find my place. Good job at being newbs y'all never fail to piss me off[/quote:2e2lh7v0]

[quote="Maya Whitelight":2e2lh7v0]Okay once again thank you very much for your understanding and I know you wasn't interfere directly, but it just made it hare to go back pages to fine post that we need as a group, as I some don't have that much time on their hands with their busy lives to begin with so you can see how up seting it could be to some in this matter...

[action:2e2lh7v0]Bows greatly[/action:2e2lh7v0][/quote:2e2lh7v0]

[color=#00BFFF:2e2lh7v0]Okay, so this is a bit delayed I know, but I was just reminded that I needed to come post here about the situation above. One of the players you guys attempted to bully off the boards came to me about this and I must say I am not happy to see this happening. While it may be inconvenient for you to have to spend an extra 10 minutes to read through posts of another RP (god forbid), it is not illegal for them to be RPing on the same thread and as such you had no right to ask them to leave. While it may have been better RP manners to write on a different thread, it still is ultimately their decision. Anyways, it looks like this has been solved by now, but I was still asked to come say something to you guys just so this doesn't happen again in the future. If you have any further questions or comments then I direct you to my inbox as I will probably not check this thread again.[/color:2e2lh7v0]

Affiliation:

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:07 pm

[quote="Dread Lord Havok":3uj1j8ub][color=#FFFF00:3uj1j8ub]hey yo,
I am planning on coming here with inquisitor kryptman, and not in peace.
We're doing a semi-closed retro RP.
our violence will be restricted to NPC's or if you want to get involved and NPC a jedi we are hunting, you may. PM if you are interested.
If you want to run into us with your player character, make sure to rp yourself 14 years younger, and send us a PM. we'll work something out.
we're not interested in killing anyone's characters, so don't worry.

ooc, we are not trying to take over the planet, or destroy the peace. we're working on a story and if you want to ignore us, go right ahead.
feel free to PM me if you have an questions or you are uneasy with us showing up and burning jedi or new republic personnel as heretics and traitors to the empire.

i don't know who to PM for permission to enter the planet via stealth, and so if you are the person in charge an you want us to ask permission, notify me and we'll talk.

That is all. [/color:3uj1j8ub][/quote:3uj1j8ub]

[color=#40FFFF:3uj1j8ub]Re-posting my partners spill so I don't have to think of another way to say it.

We are most certainly interested in acquiring someone who can RP either as an NPC Jedi or thier Jedi character in the past (as both Mr. Havok and myself are evil sons 'o nemoidian and don't play very well as Lightsiders) So be sure to send either one of us a PM if you happen to be interested.[/color:3uj1j8ub]

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:17 am

I feel as though this situation is just being dragged up from the grave for no reason. I respect what you are trying to accomplish but from my understanding apologies were said and the matter was dropped. So I do not see the point in coming in and reviving things that were said in the past.

I would think that for future things of this nature a simple PM to those that were being disrespectful would be more productive than simply restarting the conversation back on the threads. And as for the person in question coming to you I would think that once again the matter would be kept in private rather than calling those people out. I think it is slightly disrespectful to call someone out when they have already been told they were in the wrong by their peers.

Anyway, with my two cents being added to this I think that is about it.

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:51 am

From what I was told, the matter did not appear as if it was dropped and if there were apologies said then I was not told this happened; or at least this is the understanding I got from what was told to me and 1 or 2 other Councilors (can't remember how many were with me at the time) in an extensive chat conversation. You'll have to forgive me for bringing it up on the open boards, but since it is a matter of this nature it is better put in the open, so there is no question about what was said in private, by myself or others, and no question as to the result of the matter in the end. It is simply a way to ensure things are handled in a professional and ethical manner on my part.

Now forgive me if you and your friends are offended or feel as if I was "calling you out" as that was not the intention as I was merely attempting to show where yourself and your peers were in the wrong. If you or your peers wished to have avoided this on the open boards then such behaviour should not have taken place in the first place as as most all of you are seasoned players I am a bit surprised something like this even happened in the first place.

Even though some of your peers objected, it is not the same as a Councilor coming in and telling you that this is unacceptable. While everyone's opinion on here is valued, and this is no slight at anyone, so please do not construe it as such, things of this matter usually carry a bit more weight when said by someone of authority because then you are sure, without a question of a doubt, that what was done was against the rules. If you have any further questions then feel free to send me a message or just respond here.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:02 am

And I understand that, as someone who was not apart of the situation of being disrespectful I can undestand how some players might of felt picked on. But the point I am making is that this could of been handled in a way that did not drag this back up from the grave. The situation in question happened a month ago and from there nothing more was said about it. If the players felt they were being disrespected then they should of said something to the ones that were disrespecting them. To my knowledge nothing was said to anyone about feelings of being hurt or offended.

I am not trying to downplay anything they might have felt from what was said, but at the same time there has to be a line when subjects have to be dropped. Because if there is not then I can pull up several times in the past when I felt like people were being disrespectful to me. But when a week or two went by I decided I had more important things in my life to do and I moved on. If I said something about it later on I would think that those responsible for dealing with such matter would keep the matter private and from restarting in public once again.

Once again, I am sorry for the ways my fellow writers treated those players but there comes a time when you have to simply let something go and move on. A month later is not the time to bring back up someone's sin of the past. And if you do feel you need to, address them in private.

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:29 am

I already explained the logic behind why this was not addressed in private, but moving on. The thing is, this may have happened a month ago, but this was brought to my attention just last week before I made my first post on here and was asked by those who had felt they were wronged to look into it since they had already traded PMs with someone, Bria I believe, I really don't remember. So you see, while it may be a month old issue to you, it wasn't to these other players as they still looked upon it as a current issue. As far as subjects of this nature being dropped go, that doesn't happen until a matter is resolved and once again I am sorry if this inconveniences you or your peers, but I have already stated how you can avoid such inconveniences in the future. If someone comes to a Councilor about something or files an IR it does need to be looked into, so that it does not reoccur in the future.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:37 am

Well, I feel that the situation was mishandled then by the fact that no one knew that they had truly offended anyone else. In future before someone goes to a Councilor to say they have been offended I think it would be best to let the offenders know what they have done.

Those here that spoke in a disrespectful way are all good writers and people, and I am sure that had they known they had truly upset anyone else they would be the first to apologize to them. But as nothing was said then I do not think that any of the posts are needed here because it was a month ago that anyone was informed. Whether you were just informed a week ago or not the situation still happened a month earlier. In the real world if you went to someone of authority and told them that someone did something that upset you then that person would pull the offender aside when there was time to do so in a private manner. I would assume something like this would be handled the same way, clearly I was wrong.

I do not mean to offend by this statement and if I do then I apologize. But if you cannot have the capacity to decide if you are offended or not in a day or two by a statement then after a little while you do not have a right to come back and drag matters up again. I will direct you to a part of the law that is entitled "Statue of Limitations". But this is the last I will say on this matter, I understand that you were doing what you felt was best. I just feel that it could of been handled in a different fashion.

See you all on the boards and don't try to kill me!!!

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:18 am

okay everyone, arguing over, issue dropped, over and done with... can we PLEASE get back to our damn storyline now?!?

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:16 am

[quote="Jason Dramon":39ieb9gr]Well, I feel that the situation was mishandled then by the fact that no one knew that they had truly offended anyone else. In future before someone goes to a Councilor to say they have been offended I think it would be best to let the offenders know what they have done.

Those here that spoke in a disrespectful way are all good writers and people, and I am sure that had they known they had truly upset anyone else they would be the first to apologize to them. But as nothing was said then I do not think that any of the posts are needed here because it was a month ago that anyone was informed. Whether you were just informed a week ago or not the situation still happened a month earlier. In the real world if you went to someone of authority and told them that someone did something that upset you then that person would pull the offender aside when there was time to do so in a private manner. I would assume something like this would be handled the same way, clearly I was wrong.

I do not mean to offend by this statement and if I do then I apologize. But if you cannot have the capacity to decide if you are offended or not in a day or two by a statement then after a little while you do not have a right to come back and drag matters up again. I will direct you to a part of the law that is entitled "Statue of Limitations". But this is the last I will say on this matter, I understand that you were doing what you felt was best. I just feel that it could of been handled in a different fashion.

See you all on the boards and don't try to kill me!!![/quote:39ieb9gr]

[action:39ieb9gr]sneers[/action:39ieb9gr]
There are a lot of long words missy. We be nothing but humble pirates

Affiliation:

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:04 pm

reminder, Kryptman and Havok are coming.
this is a retro RP,
and our harmful and sadistic tendancies will not be aimed at players or their characters, unless they want us to. or want to be a part of our plots.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:08 pm

JUSTICE LIKE LIGHTNING!

Affiliation:

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:36 am

Colt,
i'm going to have to take a break from our Rp for the rest of this week and all of next week.
I am sure you're busy too.

kriff term papers.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:44 pm

Indeed

Affiliation:

Post Mon May 10, 2010 4:20 pm

your post k-man

Affiliation:

Post Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 pm

The Emperor Protects.

Affiliation:

Post Mon May 10, 2010 7:37 pm

only the faithful.

Affiliation:

Post Mon May 10, 2010 7:40 pm

And sends us forth to destroy his enemies.

Dantooine... prepare to take an unexpected crap in your pants.

Affiliation:

Post Tue May 11, 2010 7:39 pm

AMEN!
thats a cool set of lines:
I would not be sad if we said them when we walked into places we were about to shoot up. boondock-saints style.
K man:The Emperor Protects...
Havok: only the faithful
Kman: and sends us forth to destroy...
Havok: only the wicked.
(both together) AMEN!

Affiliation:

Post Wed May 12, 2010 12:58 pm

I was going to suggest something like that.

Good to know we're on the same brain wave

Affiliation:

Post Wed May 12, 2010 1:18 pm

... see pm
Last edited by Dread Lord Havok on Wed May 12, 2010 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Dantooine