Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

City Centre

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Re: City Centre

"Pretty much. I doubt you'll be doing a lot of shooting, but it's always good to know a team's strengths and weaknesses." *Having finished with the jedi's dossier, Kano turned away from the screen and toward the seated sith pureblood (seems like a necessary clarification, am I right?).* "There's probably some paperwork you need to fill out, but we can get to that later. For now, you'll have an apartment provided in the building three blocks east. Just head over and tell them you're with the sec-rangers. They'll set you up."

Affiliation:

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:17 am

The Zeltron listened to the exchange between the two males, and quirked a brow at the Shin's admission to being a Sith Pureblood. There were many who judged people simply by their bloodline, and she was amongst one of those judged. A fair many believed that her species were all sex craved and party seekers, which is true on Zeltros. But having been raised away from her birth world, Kenna had learned to fight and defend herself as well as use her natural charm to her advantage.

For now, however, she waited for Kano to turn to her and begin his questioning.

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:49 am

*When Shin didn't move, Kano just shrugged.* "Suit yourself." *Then shifted his attention to the still standing Kenna.* "I already know where you were trained, but I need to know how good you are." *Normally, when a being carried as many weapons as she did, it meant they were a horrible shot and needed the extra ammo of backup weapons, but Kenna didn't carry her weapons like they were unfamiliar to her so he doubted that was the case here.* "What's the longest shot you've ever made, and what's the maximum range your shots are reliable at?"

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:25 am

*Silently Dante walked from his apartment, to the regional command base - having spent the night at his apartment before checking on the progress of Commander Kano. As he walked, sentients eyed him. And indeed it was an odd sight; black clothes billowing, Captains coat and epaulets shining, capped by a blue sentient with dark hair. It was an oddity here on Vandelhelm. He reached the regional command unmolested however, and with a quick swipe, keyed the door, and continued onward.*

*The lazy fan above creaked onward, and the overall stale interior hurt Dante's good senses. Never the less, there was usefulness in the facility.*

*Rozz, bouncing with energy - most bouncy, given her bosoms - approached, rattling off technical data on the newly arrived ship. Inwardly, Dante was extremely pleased that there were so few problems with the ship; a newly minted ship right off the line, not having been tested, run, or commissioned for duty? All kinds of problems were in store. With a critical ear, Dante listened to Rozz as she spoke. As she spoke though, he continued walking towards the back office, and gestured for her to follow.

Entering the back room, Dante nodded his head at Kano, and what appeared to be an interview process.*

*Rozz briefly opened and closed her mouth, before eventually setting it into a firm line.*

*Quickly, Dante turned to Kano, and briefly nodded to the strangers assembled . As Rozz left, Dante tapped in several commands into a datapad he fished out of his pocket.*

*He could smell it. Adventure was soon at hand - the chase, the hunt, was soon to begin. It was only a matter of hours now. Only a matter of hours.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Kenna listened to Kano's questions, and thought back to all of her missions and training exercises as she contemplated her answer. "Depends on which of my weapons I'm using. With the Adventurer, and my preferred weapon of choice for long range, my maximum range in ideal conditions is 1.4 miles, 2253 meters. In any other conditions, in training exercises and in the field, I've gotten up to 1.1 miles, 1770 meters. My Aug, in any conditions, I get at maximum a mile, 1609 meters, she paused for a moment, one hand going behind her to run loving fingers over the Adventurer and Aug rifles on her back.

"With my Enforcers, I only rely on them when the range is beneath a half mile. I can work with any condition with them, and I can hit whatever area I target with them," she was decisive in her answers, and as on point as she possibly could be. "I also carry multiple knives on my person, leaving those for when even guns are unreliable, I'm trying to go silent, or I don't want to kill my target. I've also decent aim when it comes to throwing them, but not as good as my shots with my guns."

As she finished answering the basics of her maximum ranges, she thought of what her longest shot was.

"Longest shot? 2 miles with the Adventurer, sunny, no wind, no obstacles."

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:23 pm

[action:qs5r0etz]Two miles? That's quite a shot, even on a sunny day with no wind or obstacles. At that distance you have to factor in the rotation of the planet you're on in addition to its gravity and air density. Not a lot of people could make a shot like that.[/action:qs5r0etz] "In that case, I think you'll do well with the rangers. What about..." [action:qs5r0etz]The next question was cut off, however, when Dante strode into the room[/action:qs5r0etz]

[quote="Dante Deveaux":qs5r0etz][npc name=Dante:qs5r0etz]"Authorize the phase variance check - I want the emitters realigned as soon as possible. Have them focus on the port concussion field emitters first, I don't want a meteorite slipping through and punching a hole in our hull. As for engineering, we're due for a sector wide press coverage of the ship leaving dock. I dont want them getting ahold of possible malfunctions - send some techs through the space foil access tubes; it's not as thorough, but it they should be able to address anything major long enough for us to clear the system and run a more detailed diagnostic. While your at it, put in a request to the quartermaster to obtain a trio of repair drones. Might as well be prepared beforehand. Also, gather [i:qs5r0etz]your[/i:qs5r0etz] things Rozz. You've proven yourself to handle a technical report - you can learn the other ropes as we go. Be ready to go within a standard solar day."[/npc:qs5r0etz]

[action:qs5r0etz]Rozz briefly opened and closed her mouth, before eventually setting it into a firm line.[/action:qs5r0etz]

[npc name=Rozz:qs5r0etz]"Yes Captain. I'll get right on it."[/npc:qs5r0etz]

[action:qs5r0etz]Quickly, Dante turned to Kano, and briefly nodded to the strangers assembled . As Rozz left, Dante tapped in several commands into a datapad he fished out of his pocket.[/action:qs5r0etz]

[npc name=Dante:qs5r0etz]"The time has come Commander Kano - patience is rewarded with the arrival of the Watchkeeper in the outer system. Prepare whoever remains of your interviewees...[action:qs5r0etz]Dante eyed the strangers once more[/action:qs5r0etz]...and then report along with your new recruits to block nine space pad. We prepare for immediate departure via shuttle. Thats an order."[/npc:qs5r0etz]

[action:qs5r0etz]He could smell it. Adventure was soon at hand - the chase, the hunt, was soon to begin. It was only a matter of hours now. Only a matter of hours.[/action:qs5r0etz][/quote:qs5r0etz]

"Yes Sir." [action:qs5r0etz]The acceptance of the order was not accompanied by a salute, Kano had never been military, but that didn't make it any less of an order that would be obeyed.[/action:qs5r0etz] "Well, I guess the interviews are over. Grab whatever gear you need and report to the block nine pad." [action:qs5r0etz]He said to Kenna and Shin, then stood from his seat and headed out of the office.[/action:qs5r0etz]

[action:qs5r0etz]After stopping by his apartment to retrieve his still-packed duffel, he followed the order he had been given and took the shortest route to the block nine pad, which happened to involve scaling more than one building and leaping from roof to roof. The acrobatics payed off though, and when Kano reached the landing pad none of the others had arrived. Which gave him a chance to board the shuttle first and get the best seat, though once he got situated, there was nothing to do but wait.[/action:qs5r0etz]

Affiliation:

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:16 pm

*The walk was long, but Dante took his time - there was no hurry now. The ship was here...finally. And as Dante walked through Vandelhelms crowded streets and walkways, a rare smile graced his lips. Eventually he made his way to the landing pad - a massive hangar bay, the "pad" was a bee hive of pads for shuttling cargo, passengers, and all assorted haul through the systems asteroid field; one of the drawbacks of having absolutely no larger ship travel through the system, meant a prolific ferry service planet side. On pad nine (the first hundred being reserved for high priority ferries) Dante approached an aging Conductor-class short haul landing craft. Sturdy, and built during the olden days of the republic - the thing was built like a tank. Perfect.*

*Entering the craft, Dante glanced around and spied Kano sitting in one of the better seats in the ship.*

"..."

*Climbing into the cockpit, Dante began going over controls for the ship, much to the current pilots chagrin. But, after a brief conversation, the pilot eventually relinquished his seat at the avionics, and left the ship in charge of Dante. With a smug look of satisfaction, Dante took a seat in the pilots chair, made some adjustments to the flight controls, and began prepping for launch.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:15 pm

The Zeltron breathed a silent sigh of relief, glad that her abilities finally seemed to have pleased someone. She rarely felt fear at rejection, but the Sector Rangers had become a strong possibility for her to find her way. With a nod towards Kano, and a glance in Shin's direction, she gathered up the rucksack that, during Shin's questioning, had slid from it's place on her shoulder onto the floor beside her feet. Resettling it back onto her shoulder, she turned to leave; glancing back she murmured one word of respect. "Sir."

With that, she left the room and headed out of the building. As she exited through the door, she paused to ensure that the Enforcer at her waist and the knives settled in her torso were within reach and set so they could be pulled out with ease. With that done, she double checked her holopad for the location she was headed to and realized the distance. A huff of slight annoyance left her lips before she flipped on the safety of the Adventurer and Aug and moved the straps of the ruck so it settled like a large backpack.

I could use the exercise, she thought as she took off at a light jog in her direction. Compared to some of the distances she had run in her time as a merc, this was nothing.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Bringing up the rear was my duty, mostly because the amount of medical gear i thought i needed was immense. as i ran, i compensated through the force for the weight on my back

"Sirs. i am sorry to keep you waiting"

Affiliation:

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Within a half hour of setting off on her trek, maintaining the same pace the entire way, Kenna reached her destination. She was still breathing normally and hadn't even broken a sweat. She looked the ship over, her hands itching to get a hold on the weapons systems and learn how they work. That, however, would have to wait.

Running a hand through her mussed up hair, returning it to some order, she made her way aboard the ship where the men awaited her. This was seeming to be an interesting task already.

Affiliation:

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:14 pm

*Within the back, Dante silently waited for everyone to get situated.*

"Kano. Mental note: obtain repulsor transport."

*The doors to the shuttle slammed shut, and flipping several switches, the ships primary repulsor banks activated with a hum. Slowly, the ship oriented itself towards the sky, and with a thump of primary engines engaging, streaked towards the sky.*

*Flipping a few switches for stabilizers and for clearance with Vandelhelm control, Dante keyed the comm.*

:: All passengers, get comfy. It's a five hour flight through the system field. And thats if if doesnt pummel us apart first. Dante out. ::

*And so they travelled...*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:13 am

*It had been long...too long; the signal hadn't been received. And the government of Vandelhelm had to act. Put in place as a secret cell within Vandelhelm's military, the true followers of the REAl Dante Deveaux had yet to receive the monthly signal from coruscant - and, following his orders, they acted.

The first layer was the biogel body suit - easily acquisition in the appropriate size from the local police department, along with a pair of flashsticks - also easily obtained from local law enforcement. Next, was the creation of flex-armor; a popular material used in blast vests, several of these lowtech vests were acquired from law agencies across the city - and then taken to a vandelhelm military center. It was here that the vests were carefully taken apart, and the material carefully modified into sheets of the fabric, suitable for tailoring into different clothing. Meanwhile, two pounds of reflec was retrieved from Arcturus's ship in the landing bay - the reflec was then refined into multistranded threads, and then subsequently woven into the flex-armor as part of its constituent ceramic composition. From there, the material was then woven into a pair of pants, as well as a high collared preter jacket. The rest of the material was transformed into a powder, with the exception of a single sheet, which was turned into a concave sheet of thin mask. From local stores and vendors, shadowsilk was obtained - a material known for its sound dampening properties. This material was weaved into an underlay in the jacket and pants, with multiple shadowsilk pockets being woven into the inside of the jacket itself. Next, a thankfully pre-tailored item was fetched from Dante Deveaux's personal apartment on the planet - a long sleeved, high collared, black, double breasted shell spidersilk shirt. Next came the gauntlets - of imperial knight style, and acquired by way of the emperor himself, Dante's imperial knight style gauntlets were both modified to contained wrist mounted repulsor grappling launchers - something easily available at most outdoor goods stores. Said launchers were replaced with duracord spools, the grappling hooks insulated with inert power insulator, and the tips of the hooks equipped with gription clips (something else, again acquired easily from outdoor sports stores).*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:45 am

*They were running short on time...the timetable had to be advanced. As per Dante's instructions, a pair of SureGrip climbing boots were acquired from a local sports store - and then modified per his instructions. Carefully, they were armored with armorplast (a material obtained from the planets recent mining efforts). This armorplast was also forged into a single mask, with the former former created reflec plate, along with a plate of myoflex (again, obtained from the planets mining efforts) being bonded to the back of the armorplast mask. This masks eyeholes, as well as mouth area, were equipped with several other pieces of easily obtained mining technology as well - flash goggles, and rebreather respectively. Next came the utility belt - an armorplast affair with armored pockets lined with shadowsilk, the majority of the belt however, was comprised of a personal cloaking device - built using specifications obtained by Dante during the period in which he owned Cyricept, a business that produced personal concealment suits. Finnicky, the device would need tweaking by Dante himself upon delivery, due to the rushed nature of the device. Additionally, the cloak was outfitted with a disruption bubble generator (obtained from a local music store), and integrated into the belt itself as a means of sound disruption. More miscellaneous items included were foldable repulsor throwing razors, sequencer charges, detonite based micromines, collapsable magna bolas, an SH-9 Slugthrower pistol with silencer and around a hundred spare rounds, a Dressellian projectile rifle (from Dante's old weapons closet), multiple sights leftover from Dante's spec ops days, a small collection of rather hazardous high yield explosives (one pound baradium, three pounds detonite), an nonsonic silencer for both the pistol and rifle, several dozen depleted barradium rounds for the rifle, and of course - a collection of smoke bombs, bangcaps, and cluster flashbangs. All of said items were placed into three weapons boxes, and in the case of the explosives, carefully placed in shock proof and foam padded containers. Additionally, a thin, long bladed stiletto blade was packed in with the assorted weaponry, along with a box of assorted compressed gas capsules containing among other things - plank gas, cryogen gas, shockstun mist, and coma gas. Larger grenades sported plank gas, and proton fuel respectively. Last but not least, a single MM-40 thermal charge - contained inside of a single shock resistant, inert power insulated, armorplast briefcase.

As an after thought, a specially molded phrik power bar was included, along with a red and black plaid scarf. All of these items were obtained primarily from the Vandelhelm military, or out of composite materials obtained from the mining efforts on the planet. The majority of the other materials, were obtained from past collections on the behalf of Dante himself. The following however, was made from scratch; first, the phrik one ton cargo module that was used in Arcturus's cargo shuttle to contain the one ton of phrik was taken, and then emptied. This cargo module then was coated on the inside with micro anachroic coating for soundproofing, an additional layer of reflec was then added to the inside (courtesy of the powdering from the earlier process), following ANOTHER layer of micro anachroic coating, following a final layer of myoflex. The inside was then fitted with a row of weapons cabinets along one wall of the module, containing all the aforementioned weapons, grenades, materials, and bombs. The otherside of the module contained cabinets as well, and contained the majority of Dante's preexisting disguise kits, holobugs and other tracking and surveillance devices. A single particularly large cabinet contained the majority of Dante's preformed stealth suit - as well as one other thing, a faded picture of a womans face, blood staining a corner of the picture, tucked into a corner of the modules door. The back of the module contains relics from Dante's deceased home world...extremely important to him for sentimental, as well as practical reasons.

The module front door is not locked, though the handle of the door has to be open and closed in a certain way (designed to be inconspicuous) or else the security system of the module will activate - this security system is comprised of a a series of man traps set into the floor of the module, and powered by an power source in the ceiling. The strength of the man traps is designed to kill - and maximum strength activates after sensing two pressure points on the floor itself. The entirety of the contents were put onto the module, locked down for transport, and then loaded on a cargo ship for ferrying across the galaxy.*
Previous

Return to Rimma City