Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

New and Old Categories

A forum intended for use in determining the recipients of "The Sithies."

High Councilor, Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:10 am

New and Old Categories

Alright, so that the other thread doesn't get flooded with ideas for categories I'm going to make this so that if people want they can post their category ideas. But first here is a list of the current and past categories.

[quote="Appeared all 3 years":30nzk71x]Best Overall Rper (Best RP'er 2009)
Best Male Character
Best Female Character
Best Darksider
Best Lightsider
Best Mandalorian
Best Non-Force
Best NPC
Most Improved Player
Rookie of the Year[/quote:30nzk71x]
[quote="Appeared in 2010 and 2011":30nzk71x]Best Badass Post
Funniest Post
Best Journal of the Whills[/quote:30nzk71x]
[quote="Appeared in 2011":30nzk71x]Best Epic Post
Best Player vs Player Combat
Best War/Engagement/Conflict[/quote:30nzk71x]
[quote="Appeared only in 2009":30nzk71x]Most Brutal
Best Duelist
Funniest RPer
Best Designer
Most Honourable
Best Leader
Best Dressed
Most Creative
Best Planet
Best Veteran Player
Most Scariest RPer
Best Councilor[/quote:30nzk71x]
Every year the Sithies have evolved, added new categories and maybe taken away some old ones. Some are more fun, others are more serious, some reflect a group effort, some are for an individual.

This thread is for the purpose of presenting ideas for new categories in the Sithies. I'll just quote Villa's rules for the other thread...this is his show after all.

[quote="Dark Lord Villa":30nzk71x]Now guys and gals, kriff and spaceport, Americans and the educated amongst us.....this is the feedback thread for all things Sithies. In particular and for now, for the Sithies 2011 and planning/improvements/suggestions for the Sithies 2012.

Now I welcome any and all feedback. However, I would appreciate constructive feedback more than I would retarded nemoidian. And, as Overlord of the Sithies, if I feel your nemoidian is pointless then I will simply call you names and discount your feedback.

As for the rules of the feedback thread:
[list:30nzk71x][*:30nzk71x]No arguing - it's boring and I can't be arsed sifting through your crap[/*:m:30nzk71x]
[*:30nzk71x]No insulting anyone who was nominated or who won an award[/*:m:30nzk71x]
[*:30nzk71x]The Sithies is it's own entity. This means, and I'm sorry to have to point this out, that Councillors of the Players' Guild have no authority here. Please do not try and enact any. [/*:m:30nzk71x]
[*:30nzk71x]Kaine, Grizz and myself are in control of the thread, alongside any Whill which takes a peek. Respect and follow this. [/*:m:30nzk71x]
[*:30nzk71x]If none of the above are around, then Sheeps holds my personal proxy for passing judgement/answers[/*:m:30nzk71x][/list:u:30nzk71x]

So....have at it![/quote:30nzk71x]

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:24 am

Re: New and Old Categories

Good idea, I endorse this thread

Affiliation:

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:14 pm

Great, then I'll start.

In keeping the line-up that we have now (2011) I'd like to see a few brought back, specifically:

Funniest RPer
Best Leader
Best Planet
Most Scariest RPer/Most Brutal

But in adding some I'd like to see

Best Droid
Best Faction
Best Couple
Best New Character

Maybe a few more post-related awards.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:50 pm

Best Pureblood Sith, Kissai subspecies.

No?

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Donations: $10+

Affiliation:

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:45 pm

Best retired GEC High Councilor

No?

Ok, more seriously, how about Best Whill?

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:54 pm

I think everyone knows which feathered friend would win.

Affiliation:

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:33 am

[quote="Adrien Draykon":wvfb5g9f]I'd like to see a few brought back, specifically:

Funniest RPer [color=#FFFF00:wvfb5g9f]- Surely that would fall under funniest post though to be fair?[/color:wvfb5g9f]
Best Leader [color=#FFFF00:wvfb5g9f]- Not a bad shout[/color:wvfb5g9f]
Best Planet [color=#FFFF00:wvfb5g9f]- That could kinda restrict such an award to a handful of planets, most likely the platinum ones though. It could degenerate into an almost "sure thing" award battled between a paltry few[/color:wvfb5g9f]
Most Scariest RPer/Most Brutal [color=#FFFF00:wvfb5g9f]- I think that could be covered by the Badass award really[/color:wvfb5g9f]

Best Droid [color=#FFFF00:wvfb5g9f]- Good call, but how many droids are there really on JvS? I would struggle to name more than 5 tbh, so again unless a bunch of new droids show up all of a sudden, it could be a bit restricted.[/color:wvfb5g9f]
Best Faction [color=#FFFF00:wvfb5g9f]- Rules would need to be implementing in this one to determine what could qualify the win. Otherwise you're looking at DT, ME, 4GE, NOE and maybe a couple other Jedi-y ones.....rather than giving all the factions a fair crack[/color:wvfb5g9f]
Best Couple[color=#FFFF00:wvfb5g9f] - I like this one a lot[/color:wvfb5g9f]
Best New Character [color=#FFFF00:wvfb5g9f]- might fall under the Rookie award, but I see the point you make, and it's a good one[/color:wvfb5g9f]

Maybe a few more post-related awards.[color=#FFFF00:wvfb5g9f] - no more epic post ones. That was a complete ball-ache to judge! >_<[/color:wvfb5g9f][/quote:wvfb5g9f]

Also;

[b:wvfb5g9f]Best SW reference[/b:wvfb5g9f] (ie subtle inclusion of a quote or reference to the [b:wvfb5g9f][u:wvfb5g9f]films[/u:wvfb5g9f][/b:wvfb5g9f] in a post)
[quote:wvfb5g9f][action:wvfb5g9f]Cassus looked at the size of Inky's backside as the Dark Jedi left the meeting hall in his buttock-less pants, and scoffed to himself.[/action:wvfb5g9f]
"That's no moon, that's a space station!"[/quote:wvfb5g9f]
.....or something like that, you get the drift. It would be down to one post to judge, the particular quote would be easy to identify, and could be fun. Good for the judges, good for the punters. Takes some of the seriousness out of the Sithies and brings them back more towards being light-hearted and good-natured than has been seen in recent years.

Affiliation:

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:47 am

[quote="Cassus Fett":2p4p3qnv][quote="Adrien Draykon":2p4p3qnv]I'd like to see a few brought back, specifically:

Funniest RPer [color=#FFFF00:2p4p3qnv]- Surely that would fall under funniest post though to be fair? [/color:2p4p3qnv][color=#00FF00:2p4p3qnv]Well it could, but I think this one covers more who is consistently funny in their posts rather than having a funny post, if that makes sense.[/color:2p4p3qnv]
Best Leader [color=#FFFF00:2p4p3qnv]- Not a bad shout[/color:2p4p3qnv]
Best Planet [color=#FFFF00:2p4p3qnv]- That could kinda restrict such an award to a handful of planets, most likely the platinum ones though. It could degenerate into an almost "sure thing" award battled between a paltry few[/color:2p4p3qnv] [color=#00FF00:2p4p3qnv]Fair enough, I know that Corellia was voted the best one year, but I think this could also include planets that are working toward a platinum status, even some that are just having a good time RPing without the concern of a badge color. It might also improve the quality of writing on certain planets.[/color:2p4p3qnv]
Most Scariest RPer/Most Brutal [color=#FFFF00:2p4p3qnv]- I think that could be covered by the Badass award really[/color:2p4p3qnv] [color=#00FF00:2p4p3qnv]It could in a way, but when I think of Badass post I think going in, kicking choobies, and taking names, like clearing a room full of guards while you're armed with handguns and they have assault rifles. This would be more creepy, scary, OMG type stuff. We could even divide them up or make them post awards.[/color:2p4p3qnv]

Best Droid [color=#FFFF00:2p4p3qnv]- Good call, but how many droids are there really on JvS? I would struggle to name more than 5 tbh, so again unless a bunch of new droids show up all of a sudden, it could be a bit restricted.[/color:2p4p3qnv] [color=#00FF00:2p4p3qnv]There are a few, but I was including HRDs as well, there are a lot more of those.[/color:2p4p3qnv]
Best Faction [color=#FFFF00:2p4p3qnv]- Rules would need to be implementing in this one to determine what could qualify the win. Otherwise you're looking at DT, ME, 4GE, NOE and maybe a couple other Jedi-y ones.....rather than giving all the factions a fair crack[/color:2p4p3qnv] [color=#00FF00:2p4p3qnv]In fairness I think all the awards should be assigned rules, what is being looked for specifically, what qualifies or disqualifies. True some of that may be common sense but still, it doesn't hurt to outline what you're looking for.[/color:2p4p3qnv]
Best Couple[color=#FFFF00:2p4p3qnv] - I like this one a lot[/color:2p4p3qnv]
Best New Character [color=#FFFF00:2p4p3qnv]- might fall under the Rookie award, but I see the point you make, and it's a good one[/color:2p4p3qnv]

Maybe a few more post-related awards.[color=#FFFF00:2p4p3qnv] - no more epic post ones. That was a complete ball-ache to judge! >_<[/color:2p4p3qnv][/quote:2p4p3qnv]

Also;

[b:2p4p3qnv]Best SW reference[/b:2p4p3qnv] (ie subtle inclusion of a quote or reference to the [b:2p4p3qnv][u:2p4p3qnv]films[/u:2p4p3qnv][/b:2p4p3qnv] in a post)
[quote:2p4p3qnv][action:2p4p3qnv]Cassus looked at the size of Inky's backside as the Dark Jedi left the meeting hall in his buttock-less pants, and scoffed to himself.[/action:2p4p3qnv]
"That's no moon, that's a space station!"[/quote:2p4p3qnv] [color=#00FF00:2p4p3qnv]THIS...YES!!![/color:2p4p3qnv]
.....or something like that, you get the drift. It would be down to one post to judge, the particular quote would be easy to identify, and could be fun. Good for the judges, good for the punters. Takes some of the seriousness out of the Sithies and brings them back more towards being light-hearted and good-natured than has been seen in recent years.[/quote:2p4p3qnv]
I know we used to have Most Creative, could someone tell me what that entails? Or Best Designer, Most Honorable, and Best Dressed for that matter.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:02 am

Best Designer was for someone that created amazing stuff IC, like NTs weapons
Best Dressed is someone that regularly rps how their character looks and pays a lot of attention to the detail of their attire
Most Honourable is a character that places honour above all else, so would wake you up, hand you a weapon and fight you in a duel rather than stab you in the back down a pitch black alleyway.

Affiliation:

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:24 am

[quote="Amaranth":17ovj3we]Most Honourable is a character that places honour above all else, so would wake you up, hand you a weapon and fight you in a duel rather than stab you in the back down a pitch black alleyway.[/quote:17ovj3we]
Ah...so no hope in me ever winning that one then lmao. Sounds kinda like the all inclusive version of best lightsider. Wouldn't be a bad one to add.

Guild Councilor
Guild Councilor

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 am

~ Best use of a musical score in a post: perhaps could be one of the categories as I know there are a few posts out there that have that one piece of music that was seemingly made for that segment of text. Might as well reward the player who did such in the best way possible eh?

I'll think of more in a tick, mind's grinding to a halt..

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:09 am

[quote="Amaranth":rc3bpbhv]Most Honourable is a character that places honour above all else, so would wake you up, hand you a weapon and fight you in a duel rather than stab you in the back down a pitch black alleyway.[/quote:rc3bpbhv]

If they have that one then they should have the opposite as well. Something along the lines of "Most Sneaky" or "Most Deceitful".

Edit: Wait, "Most Dishonorable", duh. [action:rc3bpbhv]Slaps palm to forehead.[/action:rc3bpbhv]

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:56 am

It might be worth mentioning timescales - while adding a couple of new awards would be fine, adding numerous would require the ditching of others so you might want to consider which awards you wouldn't mind [i:ez11d0xi]not[/i:ez11d0xi] seeing again.

[quote="Plu Or'dinii":ez11d0xi]Best retired GEC High Councilor

No?

Ok, more seriously, how about Best Whill?[/quote:ez11d0xi]

That was considered alongside Best Councillor but was decided against on 2 grounds: 1. We wanted to keep the awards to RPing awards as much as possible; 2. We didn't feel it right to reward a Whill/Councillor for simply doing his/her duty within a position he/she accepted.

Affiliation:

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:27 am

[quote="Dark Lord Villa":1zwwuz0s]It might be worth mentioning timescales - while adding a couple of new awards would be fine, adding numerous would require the ditching of others so you might want to consider which awards you wouldn't mind [i:1zwwuz0s]not[/i:1zwwuz0s] seeing again.[/quote:1zwwuz0s]
I think this would be less of an issue with a full time staff.

[quote="Dark Lord Villa":1zwwuz0s]That was considered alongside Best Councillor but was decided against on 2 grounds: 1. We wanted to keep the awards to RPing awards as much as possible; 2. We didn't feel it right to reward a Whill/Councillor for simply doing his/her duty within a position he/she accepted.[/quote:1zwwuz0s]
And I agree, besides, this is kind of covered in the Hall of Fame.

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:33 am

[quote="Adrien Draykon":1xt71l8g][quote="Dark Lord Villa":1xt71l8g]It might be worth mentioning timescales - while adding a couple of new awards would be fine, adding numerous would require the ditching of others so you might want to consider which awards you wouldn't mind [i:1xt71l8g]not[/i:1xt71l8g] seeing again.[/quote:1xt71l8g]
I think this would be less of an issue with a full time staff.[/quote:1xt71l8g]

Less of an issue for sure, but we still couldn't end up with a stupid number of awards because the ceremony can only feasibly be going on for so long

Affiliation:

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:52 am

Smaller awards could be summed up in a single post at the awards show, they do that on some awards shows, though I can't remember which ones. There wouldn't really need to be a speech given, such as the single post awards. For example I would have had no idea what to say if I had won the epic post award last year other than "thanks, I wrote a lot" lol.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Another one I think would be a good addition is something like "Most Deadly". And by that I don't mean the best fighter, because I think that is basically summed up under the "Best Duelist" category. I mean something more along the lines of...where this character goes, Sithspit gets kriff up.

It's pretty clear by the site rules and how our profiles are set up that most of the RP experience here is geared towards combat in some way. Fleets, grounds forces, weapons, etc. It might as well be embraced. You can judge it based on tactics and strategy displayed, tenacity and success, characters killed and planets sacked. I guess what I am thinking is like, more based on success than actual personality displayed. Because anyone can RP a deadly character, but how many people actually accomplish something with that from a game perspective? Far fewer these days than in times past. So I think the nominees in that regard would be easier to pick as they generally tend to stand out, and you're not going to have a large number of them given how generally complacent groups and characters tend to be within the universe.

Affiliation:

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:52 pm

We could have some really, really easy awards to judge that wouldn't require an acceptance speech like Best Profile (Of course Dav would probably win that every year) and Best Pop Culture Reference in an In Character Post.

Simple, post outlining a few awards saying..

[quote:9kq85c3i]Blah blah blah [action:9kq85c3i]insert joke[/action:9kq85c3i], and here are the nominees for this award:

Names and maybe what got them nominated.

And the award goes to this person.

Then repeat.[/quote:9kq85c3i]
No speech required, but they'd still get an award so it's a win/win.

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:08 pm

*Mask drops*
You mean I didn't have to speak all them years? Fudge Nuckles

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:51 am

Some new blood I think....

Best speech (I think some good dark/light side philosophy posts would be a fun thing to endorse, possibly an inspiring Mand'alor's message to the soldiers)
Best action sequence
Best death/Most dramatic demise
Most tragic incident
Most random inner thought
Next

Return to The Sithies