Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:44 am

View this planet's entry in the Traveler's Guide

[quote:aeoeqi3k][list:aeoeqi3k][img:aeoeqi3k]http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/AthromSunstrider/mcsy01ra8-1.jpg[/img:aeoeqi3k][/list:u:aeoeqi3k][quote:aeoeqi3k][color=#40BFFF:aeoeqi3k][size=150:aeoeqi3k][b:aeoeqi3k]= Dac =[/b:aeoeqi3k][/size:aeoeqi3k][/color:aeoeqi3k][/quote:aeoeqi3k][list:aeoeqi3k][color=#80BFFF:aeoeqi3k][b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][size=125:aeoeqi3k]~ Anchor of the New Republic[/b:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k][/size:aeoeqi3k][/color:aeoeqi3k][/list:u:aeoeqi3k]
[i:aeoeqi3k]├óÔé¼┼ôMake no mistake, the Mon Calamari saved the galaxy├óÔé¼┬Ø[/i:aeoeqi3k]
- Mon Mothma

[quote:aeoeqi3k][u:aeoeqi3k]= Brief Background =[/u:aeoeqi3k]
[i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]Dac, as it was called in Mon Calamarian, Quarrenese, and Basic, also known as Mon Calamari and sometimes simply calledCalamari, was a planet in the Calamari system of the Calamari Sector, located in the Outer Rim. It was home to a wealth of sentientspecies: the Mon Calamari, the Quarren, the Moappa, the Amphi-Hydrus, and the Whaladons. Mon Calamari was the name given to the planet by Human explorers from the Galactic Republic who first discovered and revealed the world to the rest of the galaxy. The native species referred to the planet as Dac. The planet was a shining bluish-white orb from space, due to its ocean-covered surface. It was home to 27.5 billion Mon Calamarians and Quarren, as well as surrounded by the impressive Mon Calamari Shipyards.

[url=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dac:aeoeqi3k]Wookieepedia[/url:aeoeqi3k] Link containing Canon Information regarding Mon Calamari.
[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k][/quote:aeoeqi3k]

[quote:aeoeqi3k][b:aeoeqi3k][u:aeoeqi3k]Astrographical Data[/b:aeoeqi3k][/u:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Region:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Outer Rim Territories[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Sector:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Calamari sector[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]System:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Calamari system[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Primary Star/Sun:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Daca[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Moons:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] 1[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Rotation period:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] 21 standard hours[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Orbital period:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] 398 local days[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[/quote:aeoeqi3k]

[quote:aeoeqi3k][b:aeoeqi3k][u:aeoeqi3k]Physical Data[/b:aeoeqi3k][/u:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Class:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Terrestrial Ocean[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Diameter:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] 11,030 Km[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Atmosphere:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Breatheable[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Climate:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Temperate[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Gravity:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Standard[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Primary terrain:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Oceans, Coral Reefs, Islands[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]

[quote:aeoeqi3k][b:aeoeqi3k][u:aeoeqi3k]Societal Data[/b:aeoeqi3k][/u:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Notable Native Species:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Mon Calamari, Quarren[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Offical Language:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Mon Calamarian, Quarrenese, Galactic Basic Standard. [/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Local Government:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Representative Council[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Population:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] 27.5 Billion (49% Quarren, 46% Mon Calamari, 4% Human, 1% Other.)[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Major Imports:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Foodstuffs, Medicine, Technology[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Major Exports:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Seafood, Starships, High Technology, Weapons[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Affiliation:[/b:aeoeqi3k][i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k] Galactic Coalition of Confederate Systems (Current) New Republic (Former)[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]

[quote:aeoeqi3k][b:aeoeqi3k][u:aeoeqi3k]Major Cities[/u:aeoeqi3k][/b:aeoeqi3k]

[img:aeoeqi3k]http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/AthromSunstrider/830px-Ackbarea-1.jpg[/img:aeoeqi3k]

[i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]A floating city that hovered above the world's endless oceans, Coral City was the seat of government during the planet's membership in the Galactic Republic, which made it the target of heavy policing after the Galactic Empire's subjugation of the world. Following Mon Calamari's liberation, Coral City was once again the planetary capital through its membership in the Rebel Alliance, the Alliance of Free Planets, the New Republic and the Galactic Alliance. As such, it was home to a number of governing bodies, such as the Mon Calamari Council. Following the fall of Coruscant, Coral City became home to New Republic leaders that had fled the galactic capital. It acted as the temporary seat of government for the New Republic and the Galactic Alliance following the election of Cal Omas. It contained Quarren Tower. [/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]

[img:aeoeqi3k]http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/AthromSunstrider/Moncalcity-1.jpg[/img:aeoeqi3k]

[i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]Its outer shell design was analogous to that of a Mon Calamari Star Cruiser, while on the whole it was very similar to an iceberg. Its top side consisted of mostly entry ports and hangar bays while the bottom, underneath the surface of the water, was the main portion of the city. Constructed in 1,989 BBY, Foamwander City was one of the largest cities on Dac and a major center for commerce and industry. Beyond its role in the planetary economy, the city's name was generally associated with the Foamwander Five for their actions in organizing the Mon Calamari resistance during the Galactic Civil War. The city sustained great amounts of damage after an assault by Admiral Natasi Daala, though Ackbar and his assistant Terpfen quickly oversaw construction to repair the city.[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]

[quote:aeoeqi3k][b:aeoeqi3k][u:aeoeqi3k]Major Business(es) [/u:aeoeqi3k][/b:aeoeqi3k]

[img:aeoeqi3k]http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/AthromSunstrider/Mc80blueprints-1.jpg[/img:aeoeqi3k]

[i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]The [url=http://www.jedivsith.com/mon-calamari-shipyards-f1499.html:aeoeqi3k]Mon Calamari Shipyards[/url:aeoeqi3k] were the manufacturers of numerous space transports and warships. When the Mon Calamari joined the Alliance to Restore the Republic, the shipyards became the main source of new warship construction for the Alliance, as well as the New Republic and later the Galactic Alliance. The Mon Calamari shipyards were known for their advanced and powerful capital warships, ranging from standard cruisers to massive battleships and Star Defenders.[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]

[quote:aeoeqi3k][b:aeoeqi3k][u:aeoeqi3k]Dac Planetary Defense Forces[/u:aeoeqi3k][/b:aeoeqi3k]

[quote:aeoeqi3k][b:aeoeqi3k][u:aeoeqi3k]Orbital Defenses[/u:aeoeqi3k][/b:aeoeqi3k]
[i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]Two Derilyn Space Defense Platform's[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k] [One located above Coral City, One located above Foamwander City.]

[quote:aeoeqi3k][b:aeoeqi3k][u:aeoeqi3k]Surface Emplacements/ Ground Forces[/u:aeoeqi3k][/b:aeoeqi3k]
3 [i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]HVs-2 Hypervelocity Guns [/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k] [Located at various points around Coral City.]
1 [i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]Nyalsan II Planetary Shield[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k] [Localized to cover Coral City.]

[list:aeoeqi3k][*:aeoeqi3k]5 [i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]Coalition Generals[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k][/*:m:aeoeqi3k]
[*:aeoeqi3k]45 [i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]Coalition Infantry Commanders[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k][/*:m:aeoeqi3k]
[*:aeoeqi3k]1,000 [i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]Venom Aquatic Commandos[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k][/*:m:aeoeqi3k]
[*:aeoeqi3k]10,000 [i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]Coalition Seatroopers[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k][/*:m:aeoeqi3k]
[*:aeoeqi3k]50,000 [i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]Coalition Regulars[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k][/*:m:aeoeqi3k][/list:u:aeoeqi3k]

**[i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]Vehicles are to be announced in the next update[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]**[/quote:aeoeqi3k][/quote:aeoeqi3k]

[quote:aeoeqi3k][b:aeoeqi3k][u:aeoeqi3k]RolePlay Information[/u:aeoeqi3k][/b:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]IC Sympathy:[/b:aeoeqi3k] [i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]Lightsided Characters, Jedi, Smugglers, Tourists.[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Common Storylines:[/b:aeoeqi3k] [i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]Relationships, Military Training, Starship production, Diplomatic transactions, etc.[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Open/ Closed Storylines:[/b:aeoeqi3k] [i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]Any RP that follows the Universes rules is welcome[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]OutOfCharacter Communication:[/b:aeoeqi3k] [i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]If you have to say anything out of Character, please use the appropriated boards to do so.[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]
[b:aeoeqi3k]Primary Writer(s):[/b:aeoeqi3k] [i:aeoeqi3k][color=#00BFFF:aeoeqi3k]Varro Calistarious[/color:aeoeqi3k][/i:aeoeqi3k]

Last edited by Shaman Anaxilea on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Updated 06/24/11.