Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

The Thirsty Bantha

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: The Thirsty Bantha

*Max to took up his drink and took a sip of it contemplating howto respond to the question of what his business was. Luckily he was a quick thinker, his short but advanced military experience had done him that much good. He responded in what would be a split second after he took the sip from his drink.*

"I'm in the business of galactic waste disposal."

*I the most trivial point of view this was indeed the truth, but it was best not to divulge the full truth to anyone, let alone an individual with a lightsaber. He looked at her a neutral expression as he watched Annikki's change. She stiffened up, sneered and slammed her drink down. It was obvious he had struck a nerve through unintentional ignorance. He let her harshly toned words flow and a moment of silence lingered as he re-evaluated what she could be. Max was still convinced she was not a Sith, even though she had gotten emotional she was not driven by it. He had done workings with force users from the Sith and the Jedi. They were the most common, but he knew there were other orders outside of them. He had simply tried the most likely first. Calmly he spoke putting on the slightest of smiles.*

"I ment no disrespect, I was only making the most likely assumption."

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:43 pm

"In a manner of speaking then, our business is the same," she replied coolly. Truthfully, it was. Ridding the universe of one particular scum was what she had devoted her life to, and unfortunately, succeeding in that goal had left her feeling a bit adrift. She didn't stop to analyze it though, but when one's entire existence is focused upon one goal intently for years at a time, the sudden completion of that goal can leave behind an emptiness.

She sighed. Maximus seemed a bit too easy to intimidate. But maybe he was only acting. And it wasn't like she wasn't dangerous she reminded herself.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:53 am

*Max noted the coolness of how Annikki responded and chose to ignore it for now, she seemed angered only by the subject of the Jedi, so he would drop it to avoid any unneeded aggression. After all this was ment to be down time. By the looks of her she was thinking enough it was outwordly notable, at least to him, someone else not drilled to take in details and analyse them. Still, he found her answer to be very interesting. Some sort of personal vendetta? Part of whatever code or creed she belonged too? He didn't think it his place to press the issue, as they had just met. He took a sip of his drink as Annikki let out an audible sigh. He looked at her with a grin, changing the subject.

"Nice atmosphere for a cantina on a dust world."

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:52 pm

She shrugged. "It's ok I guess." Annikki finished her drink, noting that he hadn't really pressed the issue of why she disliked Jedi in general and a few of them in particular. She looked across the table at Maximus. "I hate this planet. It's so dusty and dirty and...vile in general. All the trash of the galaxy is magnetically drawn here I think."

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:25 am

*Bat walked into the Thirsty Bantha taking his bowler hat off and dusting it off little particles of sand falling to the ground. Putting it back on his head he walked over to a table full with a pronounced limp, the ornate cane in his right hand could be heard tapping against the floor with every step. The men who had been sitting at the table looked up from their game of cards and gasped, before their eyes was a living legend.

During his time in the army Masterson and his company were sent to fight in a battle on Malastar and after three days of fighting they had been worn down to 28 men including Bat. During their retreat they came across an abandoned fort, where they decided to make their final stand. After three days of brutal fighting, the defenders were on the verge of losing, but Bat would have none of that Sithspit. So he charged out, blaster in one hand blade in the other. Running through the dumbfounded soliders he raised the flag of the fort one last time, this in turn spurred the beleaguered defenders to victory not only in the battle but the war.

The all stood up in unison, but Masterson waved them to sit back down. He walked by them into an empty seat on the bar and sat there.*
Barkeep give me your best drink. *Waiting for his drink Bat looked over his shoulder and everything in the room seemed silent enough for his liking. Finally the drink was poured and placed in front of him but at that moment a man walked in.*

Masterson! I heard you were in town, I have a score to settle with y- *He couldnt even finish his sentence before he fell to the ground a gaping hole in his throat. As the blood welled from it and his eyes dimmed Bat walked over to him and the last thing the man saw was a glob of phlegm on his eye. Walking back to his drink he tossed it back then payed for it and walked back out.* Sorry about the mess. *He said as he let a thick death stick and took a long drag on the addictive substance.*

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:03 pm

*Gram Andor sat alone at the back of the cantina halfway through a drink and altogether in a rather foul mood. This was for several reasons. First and foremost was that he had been stuck on Tatooine for nearly two weeks now. He thought back to the day that he had landed on the planet. He was transferring some cargo for a hutt, did not remember the name, they always sounded alike, and all he knew what that it was very fragile. He had planed to make a normal landing like he always did but his ship had other plans. He had barely been able to land if you could actually call what he had done as landing. His engine had almost complacently failed by the time he had gotten to the spaceport and he had bairly gotten the repulserliftsto activate in time. The ship "landed" hard and to put the icing on the cake the front right landing gear gave out causing his sip to sit lopsided with the cockpit in the ground. The cargo dident exactly remain intact and he barley escaped the huts but they took most of his credits. Now he barley had enough for food for the next couple days.

The other reason for his foul mood was that as he looked at his cronometer he saw it was in the wee hours of the morning already. He looked around again and still he was the only one in the cantina besides the service droid. He was not exactly a solitary individual and disliked being alone, hence his mood. He dident know what he was going to do, he had to find some work fast or well he would starve. He took another sip of his drink and put his feet up on the table one leg at a time and leaned back in his chair moving both of his hands behind his head. He actually contemplated going over and talking to he droid again. Then again since the droid was only programmed with a few phrases related to serving drinks you couldn't exactly have an interesting conversation with it. He put his feet back on the floor and took another sip of the drink, well maybe after a few more sips.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:16 pm

*How M gets a hold of the intel that enables him to send her to where some of the individuals he sends her to recruit is a mystery to her, but so far Neassa has never found that intel to be wrong and so, when she enters the small, utterly unremarkable cantina in a back alley in the center of Mos Entha and finds that the sole customer is the man she has been sent to try and recruit she is not surprised.

Neassa, having read the file she was sent on Andor, had considered making the approach in the guise of a businesswoman of some kind at first, but since going around on Tatooine looking like she comes from credits would be a good way to invite trouble, she had ultimately decided to dress like just another local; garbing herself in a loose fitting white tunic worn over khaki trousers tucked into boots with the tops wrapped in straps of cloth to keep the sand out. Only the very brave or very insane go unarmed when on Tatooine and so the DL-44 heavy blaster holstered on Neassa's right thigh is not likely to raise any eyebrows, nor is her appearance; at five foot four and with her long, oval shaped face with a mouth that is a bit too wide and a nose that is a bit too long, she is not often considered conventionally attractive.*

*Her waist length brown hair is secured in a braid that hangs down her back when Neassa enters the cantina and goes immediately to the bar, ordering a bottle of cheap but strong Dodbri whiskey from the droid server.* *Her lean and wiry build is concealed by the loose fitting clothing she wears, and Neassa, a talented actress and vocal and behavioral mimic, moves like a civve; deceptively casually and appearing less aware of or concerned with her surroundings than she truly is.* *Paying for the bottle and taking it and a glass, Neassa walks towards the back of the cantina, stopping not far from where the table where Andor is seated and, after pausing as though thinking it over, smiles at him a bit uncertainly and jokes, her Basic unaccented,* "Place is really dead, huh? I don't suppose you'd mind if I joined you? Holding up the bottle, *Neassa says,* I'll even share this with you."

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:01 pm

*After a few more minuets and a few more sips of his drink, which for the life of him he couldn't remember what it was, it was terrible anyway, he was actually considering attempting to go make conversation with the server droid and hope that he didn't get kicked out or worse. He took a final swig of, well of whatever the liquid was that he had been drinking when somebody else actually walked into the cantina.

He watched as this person went immediately to the bar and noticed two things about them, one that they were armed. Not that anyone in their right mind would step foot on any world in the outer rim without some form of protection but he liked to know if he pissed someone off if they were liable to try to shoot him. The second and more important thing was that this person was a women. Well well well he thought maybe just maybe his luck was looking up for once. He smiled and ran his had through his hair and noticed that she was walking his way with a bottle of something in her hand. Yep his luck was definitely looking up.*
*He chuckled at her mention of the "liveliness" of the cantina.*

You could say that, but it would still probably be an understatement. And I dont supost i would mind, please sit although you might have a problem finding a seat.*He motioned to the seat oposite him while he said the last part with the sarcastic tone it deserved.* And you came just in time, I could use some sharing.*He looked down at his empty glass.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:14 pm

*Neassa adopts a theatrically concerned expression when Gram says she might have a seat, crinkling her nose as she says,* "Yeah, looks that way, *and then, after setting the bottle on the table, lifts her hand to shade her eyes as though searching for a chair briefly before, eyes widening in a show of delighted surprise, setting her hand on the back of the chair across from him and announcing,* Oh look, I found one," *with a laugh.

Sitting down in the seat, Neassa pours for Gram and then herself, lifting her glass as though proposing a toast as she says cheerfully,*
"Here's to a full belly, a heavy purse, and a light heart, huh? *Taking a drink of her whiskey, Neassa settles herself in a casual posture, one arm on the back of her chair and, having decided that she'll try and get a better feel for him before determining the best way to go about presenting the offer she is here to make, gestures towards Gram with her glass as she asks with an amused expression and obviously making a joke to break the proverbial ice rather than sincerely flirting with him,* So, you come here often?"

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:27 pm

*He was kinda surprised that the women went along with his, well kinda bad joke. It did however give him a good laugh when she was "attempting to search for a chair." Although now there was a thought in the back of his mind that maybe his luck was too good, so to speak. He immediately dismissed the thought though not really caring if there was some actual reason for this women's appearance besides pure chance.

He picked up the drink that the women had poured for him and raised his glass to her toast.*
"And maybe even that one could have all three of them" *He then took a big sip of the whisky. He almost laughed at the toast more because of the lack of a majority of the three being the full belly and heavy purse. He was actually dangerously short on credits and had to do something, but that was something he would have to figure out in the near future not now. Now he would enjoy the company of somebody not attempting to shoot him and a good drink. He could use the distraction.

He took another sip of his drink before responding with an almost annoyed smile.*
"You know if it were up to me the answer would be no, but, the galaxy it seems wishes to keep me on this wasteland of a planet and this settlement in particular. And this place seems to have the cheapest booze." *He was being more honest then he normally would because of his current predicament. Normally he would have tried to make some lighthearted joke or another but after spending a few weeks on Tatooine he wasent exactly feeling lighthearted. He leaned back in his chair and nocked back the rest of the whisky in his glass and set the glass back on the table while exhaling heavily.*"So what about you, same question."

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:42 pm

*Neassa smiles and lifts her glass again when Gram proposes a toast to being able to have all three of the things mentioned in her toast, agreeing,* "I'll drink to that, *and, taking a drink, sets the glass down as she listens to him answer her question more forthcomingly than she had anticipated.* *Pursing her lips as though sympathizing with how trapped Gram feels, Neassa ponders momentarily how to proceed; whether to lead the conversation to a point where suggesting she has a job he might be interested in while pretending not to have known who he was all along would be preferable to keeping that up her sleeve. While Gram's dossier suggests that his motivations are primarily monetary, Neassa also knows that even materialistic beings don't like being played and, as she will be, if he agrees to join the team she is building, putting her life in his hands just as often as he might be putting his in hers at some point and so, deciding that that kind of trust needs a solid foundation, decides to quit playing games and be more up front.*

"More often than I'd like, *Neassa answers his question to her, and then, lacing her hands together on the table in front of her, primarily to adopt a nonthreatening posture, tilts her head to the side and looks at him appraisingly as she says,* You know, I just might be able to get you off this wasteland and, *she smiles,* maybe see about keeping your belly full, your purse heavy and your heart light too, *she pauses before, revealing she knows who he is, saying,* Gram. *Arching an eyebrow inquisitively, she asks,* Interested?"
Previous

Return to Mos Entha