Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

The Thirsty Bantha

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: The Thirsty Bantha

*Cam didn't know what to think at this point. he had taken all precautions he thought possible to subdue his conscience telling him to get the frack off this desolate landscape. Obviously it wasn't working like he wanted it to or had planned. If she could read it who was to say that other couldn't. She was one person, and even though she didn't look to be of ill intent, there was no telling about others.

She was offering now to go to another place, but she had really done nothing to earn his trust and he had done absolutely nothing to earn hers which led Cam to three possible conclusions. One, she was truly intrigued by him and wanted to sculpt a long lasting friendly relationship with him, two, she was working for some organization that knew who exactly he was and desired some ill intent with him, or three, she was just as desperate to get away from this baneful planet as he was. Right now he really couldn't risk it. He didn't know her well enough and even though he knew of ways to discover her true intent and motivation behind what she proposed, he didn't want to move towards those methods which would, in 100 percent certainty, draw people's attention to him which is from the beginning something he did not want.*

Am I honestly leading to your belief that I feel in certain ways about certain things that are currently playing out?

*He spoke back, his voice just as soft if not softer than hers had been. His statement was a confusing mess, even to him as he went through the statement in his head. He knew what he was asking, but in the manner he ordered the words and phrasing of the question, it became a complicated mystery, at least to him who tended to over think in such situations as these.

It was then that something began to rearrange is his mind. It was different. In his attempt to appear normal, to appear that nothing was bothering him about being here, he had proven he was new and uncomfortable about the whole situation here. She may have taken the initial steps of shooting momentary glances in his direction, but as he attempted to put up his false face, his alternate persona, he had revealed his true feelings about the whole situation here. He was not just one of the casual customers in here, he was someone who was hiding who they really were.*

Please listen to me when I say this and don't take offense to anything I say.

*He leaned in here direction, his voice become just a very faint whisper, eyes connecting with hers.*

I don't know you at all and even though I have been reserved and defensive about the entire situation that has been transpiring here, I can't trust you. Perhaps you are right in your words of my standing of comfort in this place, but who am I to know you actual intentions. Again, I am sorry, but I feel as though following you to some more "private" abode could potentially prove to be very dangerous.

*He didn't want to drive her away. He wanted to engage her in some form of casual conversation, but he had to think of his safety first. Sure, he had the two men who were his acquaintances and his bodyguards, but he still had to be smart with his decisions and the course of action and manner of speech he partook with others. In this case, a Senator of the Republic in Hutt space, there was no such thing as "too careful".*

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:33 pm

*skyler understood where he was coming from. she was a complete stranger, someone out to kill him, or something along those lines for all she knew, but she knew personally she had no intentions for any of that, she killed, but not innocent people who haven't done anything to her, there fore he had nothing to worry about, if he was worried that was. she wasn't quite sure if he was or not, she could just tell he was slightly uncomfortable being here, she understood why. she personally had come here just to explore, get off her families planet. with no way back or out she was stuck here.

her thoughts went back to the conversation, and she sat there silent a moment, trying to think of what to say to him, he didn't seem to purposely try and be rude, he was being cautious as to who he could trust here, she honestly should have been doing the same. " what to say" he thought in a tired way...then she finally opened her mouth to speak*

"I understand. i just sense your unease and thought I'd offer a different area. that is all."

*she glanced at the other two and smiled a bit, but her smile faltered as she looked away from all them....then she turned back and looked at him*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:06 pm

*"She could 'sense' my unease? Well that might be a sign she knows the force and would explain just how she knew that he was in a state of unease." Instead of struggling to read him based solely upon facial expressions and movements, she could feel the change. However, he could not allow himself to assume such. There was too much that could go wrong if he went down the path of assuming too much and jumping towards too many conclusions. That was definitely not a risk he was willing to take.

Being the not very skillful force sensitive he actually was, Cam could sense each time her mind wafted towards memories of her past. Her childhood. Growing up. Whatever. They sent forth changes, but Cam didn't focus on them as he found such things to be very intrusive and the majority of the time he blocked them out and this case was no different. He wasn't that kind of person. He never was.

It still dwindled in his conscience though, that even though he blocked such things out, that her memories, when they shifted, shifted to her past. Heck, there was so much about this woman he didn't know and maybe, just maybe, if he allowed himself to open up, not completely, but just enough, he could forge that friendly relationship with her, then again, the opposite was possible too. He had not really known all that much tragedy in his life. He really hadn't lost anyone that was very near and dear to him yet, even at the age of twenty-eight standard years.

Cam brought the mug to his lips once more to down another swallow of the ale, setting it softly back down on the counter after. This was it. He was going to open up, just slightly, but enough to engage in a conversation. His voice remained soft, almost to the point of a whisper, but not exactly a whisper.*

It's relieving to hear that you understand. I never want to hurt the feelings of others, especially those who have given me no reason to inflict such emotional pain on them. But as is, I really believe that we started off on the wrong foot. Well, at least I did, Let me start off by actually introducing myself. I am Cam.

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:03 pm

*she smiled a bit, relieved her wasn't going to push her completely away...skyler asked the bar tender for another water and drank it slowly, her lips barely pressing against the glass to drink...*
"nice to meet you cam"

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:57 pm

*Lone Wolf had been running for ten minutes until he reached a Cantina and went inside for refuge. When he walked in, he knew he was going to be noticed as an outsider. His black tank top was torn with a lightsaber hole in his torso as were his black Jedi pants had a hole in his right knee. He then went over to the Cantina and sat down to order himself a water and Fire Whiskey. As Lone Wolf sat down, he placed his hands down to his side and felt his lightsaber still clipped onto his belt. He made sure he sat where nobody would be able to spot him as a Grey Jedi.*

*The Utility Droid brought Lone Wolf his drinks and he took them and handed the droid ten credits and went on his way.*

*Lone Wolf looked around and saw a few people at the Cantina, but paid no mind for not wanting to draw attention to himself.*

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:13 pm

*Several minutes after entering the city, Karesh followed the stench to The Thirsty Bantha. Still hidden to force sensitives through the use of Stealth, He ducked through the door into the cantina. He knew the man was in the cantina, but how to draw him out? Karesh stood at the bar and focused on the room. A feeling of valor struck Karesh, and it became clear. The man who had caused the explosion and frieghtened away Karesh's hunt was a jedi of some kind. The best way to draw them out? Information about sith. Karesh leaned into the bar tender and spoke rather openly.*

Did you hear? One of Sith'ari Feral's Jen'ari has been running Anzat for some time now. Imagine the enemies that guy has huh?

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:19 pm

*Lone Wolf could not stand smelling like Bantha Fodder so he took the pitcher of water and threw it on himself washing away the clumps. He then excused himself with his Fire Whiskey into a nearby bathroom and closed the door behind him. He used soap to wash way the smell while he also poured the Fire Whiskey onto his open wounds in his torso and knee. Cringing in pain, he then used two towels to clean off his wounds. With nothing to wrap his wounds in, Lone Wolf ripped off two pieces of his black tank top leaving him shirtless revealing his defined pectorial muscles along with his six pack abs and multiple lightsaber scars throughout his chest. He then wrapped his ripped shirt on his chest and knee to close the wounds. He looked at himself in the mirror and smiled.*

Much better.

*Lone Wolf then walked out of the bathroom and into the bar to see what appears to be a hunter talking to the bar hearing him talk about Sith, but he payed no mind and then sat down to order another round of Fire Whiskey which the Droid brought out immediately.*

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:29 pm

Rumor isssss, it'sssss actually one of the Ssssith realted to Feral by blood. One Katossss Akrani.

*Karesh let his tounge slip out of his mouth to taste the air as he talked. His bottom pair of eyes watching the room. He could wash the fodder away so he couldnt smell it, but the stench hung in the air enough the Karesh knew he was sill in the cantina. He turned and leaned against the bar, his axe hidden under his cloak, and his spear in his left hand. A man whose hair looked slightly wet from a wash, and a Force aura to match. Karesh let go of his hold on concealing himself, snapped a child up by the neck from his family. He held the child up for all to see then looked right at Lone Wolf.*

You've put all thessse people in danger, hiding here jedi. It would be a shhhame if any harm befell thissss child, no?

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:47 pm

*Lone Wolf heard Karesh talking smack to him as he rolled his head to the left of him as he picked up the child by his neck. He then placed his drink down on the table, got up to his feet and turned facing Karesh. The look Lone Wolf gave him was intense as if he was going to seriously hurt him if he hurt that child. Then he smiled very confidently.*

I guess it doesn't matter what part of the galaxy you're in or what species you are...a coward is a coward. Especially if you hid behind a child, but hey whatever floats your ship right?

*Lone Wolf held his hand over to his lightsaber not taking his eyes off of Karesh.*

Leave the child alone, and it's not like I intended to come here, I literally crashed after a huge battle in space. I don't intend on being here for long, however, put him down and I'll buy you a Fire Whiskey.

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:11 pm

Fire Whissskey does not replace the hunt I lossst becaussse of you. I could have made enough to get to Kassshyyyk to hunt wookieesss, but the whole pack of wraidsss ssscattered becaussse of your explosssion.

*Karesh tossed the child at his parents and drew a phrik battle axe in the now free hand.*

You want a peaceful resolve, pay my way off this dussst ball, or hand over your lightsssaber or sssomething of equal value. It'sss either that or we ssssee who the ssstonger hunter isss right now.

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:25 pm

*Lone Wolf knew that he was no match for the hunter in his weakened state. So in order to avoid conflict, he pulled out 3000 credits and handed it over to him.*

I never meant to disrupt your hunt. Here's 3000 credits get yourself off the planet if you want.

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:43 pm

*Karesh snapped up the credits and began to walk backwards for the door, keeping his eyes on everyone in the cantina. Right as he was about to leave, Karesh activated and threw three Class A Thermal Detonators, then using his natural speed and agility bounded over buildings to escape the explosion that would reduce the entire cantina to nothing but charred rubble.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:47 pm

*Cam was attentive as a man made his way into the cantina, seemingly short of breath as if he had been running. He didn't think anything about it, at least not at first. Then, he saw the hole in the man's shirt and chest, and as he continued to examine the man's figure, the hole in the man's knee and pants' leg became obvious as well. He should had been walking with a limp, but he wasn't. Frack, he shouldn't have even been walking at all, much less, running.

He let his gaze follow the man as he went to a location to sit down, not noticing anything other than the visual abnormalities about the man. Still, this struck an alarm for Cam and he snapped his fingers in a manner that caught the attention of his two bodyguards and told them to keep an eye on the man. They did so, hands falling down to a position where each rested on the respective hilt/handle of their weapon, Power-5 Heavy Blaster Pistols.

He turned his head to the woman and began to speak, his voice a very, very soft whisper.*

Skyler? If you'd like to come, I am going to be heading out of this place shortly. Be nice to talk as we walked.

*Something wasn't right about this entire situation and he knew it would be best if he vacated the premises of the cantina. It was just that he didn't want to be rude and walk away from the woman midway through their conversation

With that, he rose to his feet and turned, leaving the fifth of a mug of Corellian Ale on the counter. With his rise to his feet, the two men that had come with him, his bodyguards, also rose and formed up at both his flanks. They followed with him as he left the cantina.*

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:40 pm

*skyler watched where his gaze went to and as he stood she followed as well, no point staying in this area anymore, she grew bored of it, so she payed and left. trailing behind cam wondering where he might be going to*

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:44 pm

*Lone Wolf then crouched in a kneeling position and formed a Force Bubble around himself to withstand the explosion and protect himself.*

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:52 pm

*The explosion of the cantina was enough to rock the area around him from a mile away. After a minute, Lone Wolf rose up and began to head towards the city.*

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:37 pm

*Ral slid inside the cantina, for now, trying to mind his own business. He sat at the bar and ordered himself a whiskey as he took in what information that he could. He was unsure if Tatooine had a fighting circle that he could participate in. Ral had grown to crave the thrill of a fight, and he always jumped at a chance to test the limits of his strength. Ral kept an eye on the door into the back, and the main entrance.*

Hope this place doesn't turn out as boring as Chazwa.

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:56 pm

No one would have heard the door to the cantina open, yet someone new stood at the bar ordering a Corellian Ale. Well, not 'new' exactly, but new to this particular cantina in this particular town on this particular speck of Tatooine's dust at this particular moment in time. Swapping a few credits for a tall glass of the traditional fiery Corellian liquor, she took a sip before passing down the bar towards the stairs leading to the upper level of the cantina. She paused momentarily, glancing at a strange man who was also imbibing while at the same time trying to keep an eye on all the entrances into the room...his aura seemed to be that of a fighter. "Most people don't choose Tatooine as a location for excitement... unless you have a warped sense of humour and are involved with the wrong side of a Hutt..."

Without breaking her stride, she passed him followed by a faint cloud of hakubaiko and lavendar that was her signature scent. Her attire was a little unique: fitted black pants, blaster slung low on her right hip. That much was to be expected. However, she also wore a patterned blue bodice that was extremely well-fitted, black ruffle across the top, leaving her arms and shoulders bare. Also different, she had a lightsaber clipped to the left side of her belt. Definitely not a traditional Jedi even to the eye of an inexperienced observer. Her hair was naturally black, however, towards the sides and front it was colored in varying shades of lavendar. An exotic flower in the midst of the scum that normally drifted to Tatooine? Only time could tell.

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:42 pm

*Ral listened to the voice come and trail off. Why hadn't he noticed her sooner? Even though he had let go of his jedi training, surely it wouldn't have been that hard. Ral turned his head to the side and then it became clear when he saw her lightsaber. Something inside him screamed to follow after her. When she began to walk up the stairs, Ral stood from his seat at the bar and followed, the scent trailing her standing out very clearly in the hot air.*

I had worked for a hutt for a while...but those days were left several years ago.

*Ral wasn't entirely sure why he was following this woman to the upper level. Her smell had been of a reminder of his time working with for the Hutt. Her appearance in itself was an oddity to him. Their conversation would determine how things would go.*

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:49 pm

She held up her glass for a moment, speculatively eyeing the color of the ale, but in reality using the glass as a shaky mirror to see if she was being followed. Sure, she could have used the Force to do that. In fact, she had a pretty good idea of when she was being followed anyway. That was the sort of instinct prey had to have in order to survive. She took a drank, appreciating the tingly sensation of warmth that accompanied the beverage's passage down her esophagus, and dropped smoothly into a seat at an empty table while gesturing for Ral Kote to take the opposite chair. She tossed her head slightly, gazing directly at him out of her magnetically blue eyes when she spoke next, her voice quiet, feminine but also oddly firm, "So, how large is the price on my head now?"
PreviousNext

Return to Mos Entha