Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

The Fountain Of Oltre

Affiliation:

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:59 pm

The Fountain Of Oltre

In the lower levels of the Villa, a rarely taken path did lay. The rich marble that made up much of Obscurum's halls would soon turn to loose sandy dirt. The castle walls and arched roof would fade into tightly formed sandstone, thick with thirsty roots. The air would no longer bear the heat of fire filled hearths, it would cool, gorged with mountain water.

The villa would vanish all together and one would find only a large archway that bore the Fountain of Oltre.

The Fountain sat beneath the boughs of a towering oak. The tree had a thick trunk and stood high up in the shadows of the odd chamber. The room bore little light, save for that which streamed in from a hole in the cave ceiling. The Fountain was not made of stone, nor fitted with rich gems. Instead, the silver touched pools of water that littered the thick growth of massive roots comprised The Fountain.

The stillness of the chamber was overwhelmingly peaceful. The stress of the mind seemed to vanish at the door, the wear of the body, easily forgotten. Several fish swam within the glittering waters and every ripple, trembled with the living force.

In the Hollow of the mighty trunk, three piles of stones lay. Farthest to the left were the black Opals. If such a stone were dropped into the waters, they would reveal the past of the of the visitor. In the middle, Jade stone sat. If placed within the pools, the present would reveal itself. Farthest right, the white stones of Quartz. If tossed into the tranquil waters, the future would show itself.

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: The Fountain Of Oltre

*Lahash entered the fountain with a touch of hesitation crossing his mind. He hadn't been here before, merely heard tell of it from the others. It was the perfect place to begin the training of Rhea. Gathering a couple of opals he tosses one into the pool, letting the visions of his past flow through him while he awaited her. *

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:40 am

*Silently I had followed Lahash, feeling, for now at least, that this was a time for me to remain silent, knowing that, due to my past behaviour, I was treading on thin ice, we had walked for some time, all the time moving deeper and deeper into the depths of the Villa, gradually leaving behind the warmth of the welcoming, and opulent rooms above, until finally, we entered a room of which, I had never seen the likes of before├óÔé¼┬ª

There was a chill in the air that raised goose bumps on my skin, made the hair of the back of my neck stand up, yet at the same time, the gentle trickle of water, and the stillness of the room was soothing, it created a calm within ones mind.

Moving forward now toward him, I approached the large trunk, wondering what it was that Lahash was doing, he seemed to be throwing something into the pool, so with a puzzled expression upon my face, I stood beside him and inclined my head to peer into the rippling waters├óÔé¼┬ª

I could not help but very uneasy about not knowing what to expect, not knowing what he was planning, for I had long since learned to stop trying to guess what to expect from him, he was unreadable, he was un predictable, and I suppose within normal circumstances, when he was not my superior, I would have found him quite an exciting person to be around, but as it stood now, it was extremely un nerving, I had got so used├óÔé¼┬ª.no, comfortable, with the knowledge of knowing what each day would bring me, to say I was uncomfortable, would be an understatement├óÔé¼┬ª*

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:03 pm

*Without turning when he hears her approach Lahash waves a hand and the ripples of his past vanish as the water smooths itself. *

"Be at ease here. You will not be harmed while beneath the branches of this tree, unless it is of your own doing. This is the first of three visits we will make here for the duration of your training. Step forward."

*Standing to the side, Lahash considers the stone in his hand before giving it to Rhea. Gesturing to the pool, the Jeddak closes his eyes and lets the Force gradually allow him to see the pool, let him be a part of the memories as sure as Rhea would be. An outside observer to events. What visions the pool displayed would be determined by her, but Lahash would be there, a whisper in her ear.*

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:38 am

*I step forward bring myself to the stand at his left shoulder, the cooling spray from the water remains lingering in the air, bringing Goosebumps to the surface of my skin, causing me to shiver, I glanced over the surface of the water momentarily, hypnotised by the shimmering surface, before I turned to my right, lifting my chin to look at Lahash as he spoke, never before had I heard him speak in such a way, it was so quiet and steady, not the normal strong and confident voice I had been used to hearing, a voice tinged with a hint of fury and distaste├óÔé¼┬ª.

I held my hand out as he placed a black opal into the palm of my hand, the opal seemed to be un naturally cold, I stared at it for a moment, almost scared of the power it held, I knew that by dropping it into the water, I would be faced with the past that I had long since been trying to hide from, I could face anything in life, I could face a gun to my head, I could face a knife to my throat, and I felt nothing but a thrill, a rush of adrenaline, but when faced with my past, being made to feel the emotions that accompanied them, nothing scared me more├óÔé¼┬ª

I had worked to long and hard, in my short life, to master the art of suppressing my feelings, that the thought of feeling them, petrified me, so much so that now, I stood there staring at the stone in my hand, but I knew that if I wanted to learn, if I wanted to progress, then I had to do as he instructed, I had to face my demons, and with a deep breath, I extended my arm over the pool, and opened the palm of my hand , then closing my eyes, I tilted the palm of my hand, forcing the opal to roll of my hand and disappearing below the surface of the water, I opened my eyes staring as the ripples disappeared to the side of the pool, leaving the surface, un naturally still, before shimmering from beneath, and rising to the surface, came my oldest and most feared memory├óÔé¼┬ª.

Before my eyes my deepest and most painful memory appeared before me, there I was in the kitchen being scolded by my father, my mother had told him about my fight with my sister that day, and how, when I had lost my temper, one of her toys flew from beside me and impacted upon my sisters head, this had happened a few times since my birth and now, and I knew the punishment was coming, as it always did after the lecture, and within moments, I was marched out to his workshop, and there I bent forward over the bench, my entire back now exposed, the bench was in its normal place, before the fire pit, and resting upon it was the rod, the orange glow from the heat was laminating the room, I could feel the heat before it had happened, then it began, my father slipped on the glove and lifted the rod from the pit, and within moments, he bought the rod down upon my back, holding for 5-10 seconds with each strike, the number of strikes always dependant upon the severity of my behaviour, and hurting my sister who, like the rest of the family, had no magical powers.

Not being able to deal with seeing the memory played out before me, my eyes began to sting and burn with the tears that were threatening to escape the corners of my eyes, I turned to move away from the pool├óÔé¼┬ª*

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:19 am

*Reaching out, Lahash grabs at her shoulder, meaning to hold her in place and force her to face the memory. He could feel the resentment, feel the pain, both physical and emotional as her body was scarred. *

"This is the way of life more often than not. Any who display a bit of power, display themselves to be something more than cattle are beaten and the weak ones try to show themselves as superior. But that is a lie. Strength should be cultivated, it should be issuing verdicts and commands, not submitting meekly. Look at his face, use the power you have now to see the emotions he is feeling. Does he do this out of love? Or did he torture you out of fear of something greater than himself? "

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:33 am

Fighting against the automatic reflex to fight against his grip of my shoulder, was the most difficult fight I had fought since my arrival here, I wanted to run from the pain of the memory, to lock it back in the darkest recesses of my mind once more, but I didn├óÔé¼Ôäót, I stopped, stood and listened, never before had I considered the emotions, the reasoning behind his actions, I had never thought to, never wanted to, I just wanted it locked away, and forgotten about, yet now├óÔé¼┬ªnow he had opened the door, and I could not close it, I could not stop the questions in my mind, was it out of fear?

He had never hurt my sister, not even so much as a spank, yet I thought he was always punishing me for being different, for, using his favourite name for me, being a witch, but maybe it was fear, maybe he was trying to make me suppress my abilities, but he should have gone about it differently.

*I turned then back to the pool, and with every bit of strength I could muster, I forced myself to look back into the pool├óÔé¼┬ª*

*Quickly the colours of the image began to swim, blend within each other, before gradually forming another crystal clear image, again, involving my father├óÔé¼┬ª*

This was to be the last time I had seen him, it has started out over something so simple, he disapproved of the friends I had made, and the discussion had become heated, he had pushed me and pushed me, controlling me as he had always done, till in the end, one by one, the plates from the plate rack behind me, flew from the wall and were flying past his head, smashing upon the wall behind him, he had leapt at me, whether it was restrain me, or attack me, I don├óÔé¼Ôäót know, but I hit him, and with that, he was sat atop of me, his fists firing blows down upon my face, and with a knee to the groin, and a punch to the cin, I pushed him from me, and began to run from the house├óÔé¼┬ª

From behind me I could here him screaming obscenities, cursing me, and the shame I had bought down upon the family, and how I was no longer part of the family, and I was to never return├óÔé¼┬ª

I stood there, my muscles, tensed, and I stared coldly into the water, the only sign of emotion being in the form of the tiny droplets of tears rolling down my cheeks, I tried to focus my anger upon my teacher, blaming him for making me face the pain, but I couldn├óÔé¼Ôäót, I could not blame him, he was responsible for the memories himself, there was one person responsible for this pain, and that face was glaring at me with hate and repulsion from the water├óÔé¼┬ª..my father├óÔé¼┬ª

*I an a voice full of pain and malice, almost in the form of a growl came a bold statement├óÔé¼┬ª*

I want to kill him.

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:31 am

Eversio entered the Fountain of Oltre and made not a sound. He stopped for what turned out to be a brief moment, though it was unintentionally abrupt.

<< Reign has fallen ill, Brother Lahash and is in the medical bay. He has left...us...in charge. >>

Though the last part about leaving them both was false, it was said with the best intentions. Eversio loathed leadership roles for it forced him to speak when he was more suited, he believed, for enforcer type roles.

It was then that his com link flashed red and he walked away from Lahash and Rhea without saying another word. When he got far enough from them both, out of range of hearing, he commed back to Muunilinst Control with a simple two-click and no spoken words. His men had grown accustomed to it and Captain Davo replied

:: My Lord...a Nubian has entered the orbit and alerted control by sending VSE landing codes. They are archaic but they do verify. ::

Eversio shut the com link off and looked up as his eyes slowly bounced from left to center, center to right. He walked briskly towards the Zeison Sha Gardens.

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:45 pm

*The image clarifies for brief moments and Lahash watches with interest as the scene plays out. She had run, turned tail and fled from the inferior beings. But now, she radiated hatred... and resolution. *

"I want to kill him."

*Nodding, Lahash opens his mouth to respond when Eversio enters the room. Yun T'chilat had fallen ill. Most unfortuitous timing. It could also be very distracting for his new apprentice. *

<<We will return momentarily and see what can be done for William, but we have a short trip to take, a necessary trip. >>

"Now you have witnessed your past, and must face it. Conquer the fears of bygone years. What planet does he live on?"

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:39 am

*I had not noticed the arrival of Eversio, I had been absorbed in fighting the emotions the memories has raised within me, that I had not sensed, nor heard his footfall, however, his words penetrated my senses, Reign was ill├óÔé¼┬ª.

My head snapped toward Eversio, I searched his face for any further explanation, any sign as to his condition, I needed more information, I found it difficult, to understand why, for a man I barely knew, I could feel such panic at the news of an ailment, but I knew now that I would not be able to focus, as Eversio left, I looked briefly at the pool, and saw there, still very clearly, the images of my fathers face, and felt nothing, if I was honest, I saw the image, but it did not register, all I could picture was Reign laying upon a infirmary gurney, in pain, and vulnerable.

As soon as the words ├óÔé¼╦£<< We will return momentarily and see what can be done for William├óÔé¼┬ª >>├óÔé¼Ôäó had appeared in my mind, I had turned and began to immediately walk toward the exit, I could hear Lahash talking behind me, but the words did not sink in, not really├óÔé¼┬ªstill walking forward, I turned and spoke over my shoulder├óÔé¼┬ª*

What planet does who live on?

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:51 am

*Her lack of focus became apparent when the Yun T'Chilat was mentioned, the point of the experiment befuddled. Anger rose inside of his chest and Lahash had to stop himself from reach out and smacking the whelp down where she stood. She obliged him almost immediately, stepping out from under the branches where Lahash had told her she would be safe and remaining oblivious to the mounting fury at her lack of concentration.

Quick stepping after her, Lahash drove his mechanical fist down at her spine, not caring if her fragile spine snapped from the pressure. Grabbing for her neck Lahash wanted to pick her up by the scruff and slam her into the rock walls of the tunnel, smash her face until it was so swollen she wouldn't be able to see the Yun T'Chilat. *

"I would have greater success training a monkey lizard, and it would be prettier. Return to the proper frame of mind, emotion is to be controlled, used to fuel the fire, not feed and overwhelm it so that it burns out. We have a mission to undertake. Now go to the hanger and await me, plot the hyperspace course manually for your homeworld while I check upon our leader. "

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:04 am

*I had not seen his fist, I had not heard him step behind me, all I heard was the impact of his fist upon my spine, my legs buckled beneath me with the pain, the pain of the impact shot through my spine, both up and down, forcing my back to arch forward as I fell toward the ground, I could hear nothing, I think nothing, all I knew in that instant was pain├óÔé¼┬ª

The pain was soon intensified with a new pain, I felt the coldness of the mechanical hand grasp the back of my neck, squeezing as it through me like nothing more than a rag doll, forcing my face into the rock walls, immediately I felt the sharpness cut into my face, could feel the warmness of the blood began to trickle down my cheek from the cheekbone, repeatedly my face impacted, I could barely lift my arms to shield myself, could not fight back, for the pain from my spine, still had me immobilised, I turned my face to the side, trying to avoid further impact, yet although achieved, was giving me almost matching wounds on either side of the face├óÔé¼┬ª.*

*Through a weak voice, filled with pain and angst, I tried to speak├óÔé¼┬ª*

I am sorry├óÔé¼┬ª.sorry├óÔé¼┬ª, I├óÔé¼┬ªcan├óÔé¼Ôäót, I can├óÔé¼Ôäót move├óÔé¼┬ªplease, just give me time├óÔé¼┬ª

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:12 am

*Lahash sneers with disgust and drops Rhea from his grasp to let her fall. Reign had an impressive set of washboard abs, but a Dark Jedi had to be able to control all emotions, including lust, nothing could distract them from their goals. *

"Meet me in the hanger, if I have to come looking for you, you will beg for death before we resume your training."

*Without waiting for an answer, Lahash walks away, heading back up into the complex and to the medical wing. It looked like that conversation between the two of them wouldn't happen after all. *

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:28 am

*I crumpled to the floor in a heap, I could not even curl my body into a ball, I just led there trying to breath through the pain, after 10 or more minutes, and then, slowly, I began to crawl toward the hanger, but with every move, a new wave of pain shot through me├óÔé¼┬ª*

Affiliation:

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:23 am

*The room was dark and the being drawing closer to the chamber, held no light. His footsteps were quick and they sounded out of place upon the sandy path that led to the fountain of Oltre. The owner would have to agree, Corellian leather of the boot's calber did not belong in such a place. Never the less, Nocturnus had more money than he knew what to do with. His master had left him comfortably wealthy and Eversio and C'thulu had pushed him over the top.*

*Finally Nocturnus could be seen by those who may have been watching. He walked calmy yet with distinct purpose and his face remained preternaturally apathetic. His hair was tied back into a long pony tail, his suit was a deep ocean blue and his hands were covered in black leather gloves. He bore no weapon that any could see but those that knew the young Jen'Jidai could only guess on his hidden arsenal.*

*Up the path he went until reaching the cave interior and standing still in the cascading light falling in from the ceiling high above. There Nocturnus looked upon the ancient and grizzled oak and took in the splendor of its many silver pools. Nimble and filled with grace, he leapt from his perch and landed softly beside the tree trunk. His face was still cold and yet his hands spoke of impatience, reaching quickly into the tree's hollow and removing a stone of each color.*

*Taking out the Opal, Nocturnus let it drop into a pool filled with roots. The ripples increased steadily until the whole pool shivered with life. The reflection of the Jen'jidai became a blur and soon a different view began to unfold. A man with a trailing cloak was seen. His form gave away his gender for the face was covered in a mask of black and red. The mask held no eye holes, nor that of the mouth. A red skull was painted on a black background, this was Nocturnus's "father's" face. The man was busily sorting through many rich and wealthy things and Nocturnus was caught off guard by seeing his master once more.*

*As the young Jen'Jidai watched, it became clear that his master had not lost something of minor importance but was desperately searching for something. The mood was dark and Nocturnus guessed at what was being revealed to him. There was a roar and smash of an explosion and his master paused for but a moment, listening to the screams that echoed to his ears from some other place. Clearly now, footseps could be heard and the Master who had never given Nocturnus his name, found what he was looking for. A simple black box.*

*The doors to the chamber burst open and sabers hummed to life amid the cacophony of gunfire. The silver pool showed much within moments, ending with the master being gravely wounded by semi automatic slug fire. His life bleeding out of him, he opened the box and pressed a switch hidden within. As his killers swarmed around his dying form, explosions ripped throughout the tower and brought it crashing down. Destroying the Master, his enemies and his wealth in one single move.*

*A young man, well dressed and groomed appeared. Tears rolled down his face as he stood next to the ashes and rubble of his only home. Mourning beside the grave of his only friend, his father, his master. Nocturnus who was taken in by the secretive Jen'Jidai at the age of 5, looked away from the pool with pain upon his brow. The silver waters calmed and the past laid to rest once again.*

*Steeling himself, he silenced what grief may have begun to well up within. Controlling his emotions, giving himself peace. He lingered on the moment for a little spell before detaching himself both in thought and in heart. A blank slate yet again, he tossed the Jade in with a soft Plunk.*

*The pool swirled this way and that before revealing Obscurum as seen from a great height. The view drew closer and soon began to pass through wall, flesh and stone. Deeper and deeper it delved until it revealed the withered form of C'thulu, sitting alone and smoking in the dark. A heavy feeling gripped the ancient one's heart and Nocturnus could feel it. The view passed away and shifted to others within the compound, much of the feeling sensed was the same. There were several souls here, unhappy and lusting for revenge. Others were confused, some were set in their minds and seeking only an end. The young Jen'Jidai quickly glanced away. He cared little of much that was shown for it did not pertain to the order in any significant or dangerous way. The Order was all Nocturnus had left.*

"C'thulu wishes to die...Reign wishes to destroy Iniquitous...Xeroc looms in their minds....I wish only for our prosperity..."

*He murmured tidbits of his thoughts and lit a cigarette and gave himself a moment to think about what he had seen so far. In moments, after his smoke was gone and his mind was once again clear, Nocturnus would gaze upon the future, of things that were not yet to be and things that may never come. He tossed in the Quartz, the most dangerous of the three in the hallowed arch of Oltre.*

*The pool splashed and swiftly turned to an image of fire. There were explosions, ships were ripped out of the sky and planets did burn. A man, young and handsome, cold and terrible did prowl in the darkness of a room. His one hand was around the arm of a young woman and his other, clawed and mechanical, tore her throat from her neck. Changing, the water now showed a great procession one that looked like a funeral before turning once more to fire. He saw many faces he knew and others he did not. Death and Fire were in the stars and Nocturnus visibly shuttered after the showing had ended. He slid back into the recess of the tree and sat in silence for many hours, thinking.*

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:45 am

*After leaving the Grand Hall, Reign wanders lost in thought seemingly aimlessly through the Villa for a full half hour before his footsteps slowly lead him down, deep into the Villa to a little known and rarely used chamber containing the mysterious Fountain of Oltre. Even the few who knew of it seemed to question who built it or brought it here....or whether it had been built at all. The great oak that rose above seemed as sturdy and immobile and immoveable as anything on the island; had it been here before they came ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ a natural monument to those long forgotten - or perhaps for those who would one day come; the Jen├óÔé¼Ôäójidai themselves. But Reign does not concern himself with the origins of this mysterious place, only with the origins of the Order that now housed it.

He moves now with reverent purpose, embracing the Force and submerging himself within its currents, allowing his mind to flow with the river both up and down the stream of time. He steps forward to take up a black opal, and gently drops it into the silver pools of water. The images that come to him are as a mirage, but easily discerned nonetheless. There is Seraph and Pyros and C├óÔé¼Ôäóthulu and Lahash and himself and others. Flashes of words and actions and thoughts leap out at him; some of them things remembered and some events he was never a party to. But what affects him the most is not any one vision, but the effect of the comglomerate; the Order had once shone brightly as a beacon of strength and power in the galaxy that none could deny; it was an Order that had carved its way through Sith and Jedi alike in pursuit of its ideals. But then, somewhere in the past, a darkness had crept in; not the sweet darkness of the Force itself but the darkness of obscurity and then weakening of the foundations on which it was built; the corruption of Azazel and of others. And Reign had to ask himself frankly as the visions faded, whether the Dark Jedi Order had ever truly returned to its former glory, or was he to be yet another failure?

Slightly shaken but utterly determined to continue, Reign reaches now for a Jade stone and drops it too into the waters. Visions again overtake him but these ones are so much clearer, as if he could reach right through them to touch the scenes beyond. First he saw Eversio ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ ever faithful and committed to the Order ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ a brother in arms and belief whom Reign had relied upon time and again, and without whom Reign knew the Order would be a lesser shadow of what it could be. The Zealot was sitting in the Grand Hall and brooding, as he was want to do, but his thoughts seemed darker than usual....and then he hears Eversio speak softly*

"We all have it coming to us..."

*The words seem to echo in Reign├óÔé¼Ôäós head like a portent of doom, and he wonders what would have brought his comrade to utter them. Then the vision abruptly vanishes before yet another scene fades into view├óÔé¼┬ª.Lahash and Rhea in the gardens training. Reign sees Lahash swing round a tree and slam his right leg out catching Rhea├óÔé¼Ôäós thighs as she chased him and sending her tumbling into a roll from which she easily recovered. Training new blood was at the heart of the Order; without fresh hearts and minds, the Order could never survive. And Reign knew that Lahash was one of the best teachers they had ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ he was more prepared to deal out the harsh lessons early and cast out the riff raff who didn├óÔé¼Ôäót make the cut. But at his heart Lahash was not a teacher; he was a warrior ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ a Jen├óÔé¼Ôäójidai Gladiator purpose built to carve a swath through the enemies of the Order. How he must chafe at the quietness they had experienced lately. Reign had known Lahash longer than almost anyone, from Barsoomian days until now. He had come to realise truths about Lahash that the man had never vocalised; he knew what the Jeddak most desired. But such a thing would be a great loss, to the Order...and to Reign, who was still not so hardened as to have expunged all sensitivity.

And then there was Rhea, who giggles in the vision even as she struggles to regain her breath. Petite and beautiful; captivating but deadly - a true sand panther in human form; untameable. Could they ever be together? Would it strengthen the Order...or lead to more decay? On matters of the heart, wisdom still eluded him.

Next comes an image of Dace Concordia - the brother of Reign├óÔé¼Ôäós brother ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ a man who had once been a staunch ally, but had proved himself false in both friendship and philosophy. A man whose Dark Jedi masquerade had long since been revealed yet not at all atoned for. Iniquitous was sitting in a bar or hall somewhere, carefree and with a drink, and it appeared as if he was deep in conversation with a figure hidden from view. Whatever his figure says causes Iniquitous to smile, and the expression causes a discordant tone to echo through Reign; it was a mark of how Iniquitous always managed to fall with his feet on the ground and when the Sithspit hit the fan it never seemed to rub off on him. The decay of the Xendorian Guard lay partly at his feet yet he had paid nothing for it; the fall of the Iron Fists should have finished him yet he was now stronger than before. But his time was coming...

Suddenly the view flickers and Reign sees the incongruous image of Targus and Vendella inside her chambers sharing a drink. Though he could hear no words this time, he had the distinct impression they were playing a delicate game of words in an effort to jockey for information. And there was a sense about Targus...something undefined...and then the image is gone. No more images reveal themselves; not of the great C├óÔé¼Ôäóthulu or of Sephious, not of Hevn or Kaja or Atrum or any of the others.

Sighing slightly, he reaches for the final pile of stones; the white quartz. Through Reign├óÔé¼Ôäós Force-clouded vision the quartz seems to flare the moment he touches it, and the instant it impacts the water a brilliant white flash obscures everything....

Reign groans slightly as he opens his eyes and looks up at the oak towering above him. He feels drained and groggy as he struggles to remember; he├óÔé¼Ôäós tempted to simply lie there for awhile in contemplation, but for the sharp stone digging into his back. Reign rolls onto his side and slowly climbs to his feet. Looking down at the ground where he had been lying, he could see the white quartz from earlier ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ now cracked. How it had gotten there he could only guess. He reaches down to retrieve it, and as his fingers close around the cracked quartz it shatters, cutting his index finger and drawing blood. And for the merest fraction of a moment, Reign sees himself surrounded by troops and hears a ghostly yet familiar voice behind him. He whips around but the vision is gone, with only the shattered quartz on the ground and a drop of his blood to reveal he was ever there. Taking up his lightsaber, Reign ignites its violet radiance into the dim light of the chamber and then flicks the blade down towards the ground, vaporising both the quartz and the blood that adorned it. For a second, he is tempted to do the very same to the Fountain itself, but he is not so uncontrolled or foolish as to act on such a whim. Returning his lightsaber to his belt, Reign begins the journey back up to the Villa proper. He moves with the sense of purpose and confidence one would expect of the leader of the Dark Jedi, but in his mind he now has more questions than before*

Return to Archived Locations