Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

JotW Story proposal

Master Moderator
Master Moderator

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:22 pm

JotW Story proposal

I'm looking to write a moderately involved RP in the Journal of the Whills and am interested in opening the plot up to a few more writers to collaborate with me.
It involves you creating a character tailored to the style of the group, and well it's best if you just read everything.

I appreciate your time and your commitment in advance :)

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:32 pm

Re: JotW Story proposal

I like the prospect. Do those involved roll a new character to match the party demographics needed? ie do we make a Forcie merc new for this story because most of us aren't Forcie mercs? I would be down I am just verifying.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:49 pm

What is the projected number of writers you're looking for, Xixo? And, if I might ask bluntly, what writing skill level would you consider the minimum to join? If there are gonna' be big names signing up, I'd rather keep it clean of my writing. Too much collaboration with too many people not in your skill level might make this great idea... not so great.

And what kind of characters are you looking for? Force Sensitive mercs obviously, but what party roles still need to be filled for this to flow well, in your eyes? I had an idea for a Rodian sniper that someone could borrow if they're interested and it turns out it wouldn't be best for me to write.

Regardless, this looks like an excellent story you've concocted, Xixo. Very DnD-oriented in a way.

Master Moderator
Master Moderator

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:44 pm

[quote="Will San'ta Come This Year":1w71e1nv]I like the prospect. Do those involved roll a new character to match the party demographics needed? ie do we make a Forcie merc new for this story because most of us aren't Forcie mercs? I would be down I am just verifying.[/quote:1w71e1nv]
Yeah, you'd want to make a new character, but it's not necessary to create a new profile for it, just as I plan to write it all from this profile.

[quote="Darth Kruor":1w71e1nv]What is the projected number of writers you're looking for, Xixo? And, if I might ask bluntly, what writing skill level would you consider the minimum to join? If there are gonna' be big names signing up, I'd rather keep it clean of my writing. Too much collaboration with too many people not in your skill level might make this great idea... not so great.

And what kind of characters are you looking for? Force Sensitive mercs obviously, but what party roles still need to be filled for this to flow well, in your eyes? I had an idea for a Rodian sniper that someone could borrow if they're interested and it turns out it wouldn't be best for me to write.

Regardless, this looks like an excellent story you've concocted, Xixo. Very DnD-oriented in a way.[/quote:1w71e1nv]
I had a ballpark estimate of 5-7 people, including myself in the total.

I had not considered much of anything about writer skill here. So I guess I can just throw out, bottom line, "should be able to write multiple complete sentences without spelling errors" and "comfortable writing two paragraphs' worth of detail per post" and we'll hit ballpark of where I am comfortable reading peoples' posts. Eh. I'd rather you have cool ideas expressed in your posts than have flawless linguistic skill.

In my eyes, the party roles will be filled best if people come up with an idea for a character that they could conceive of themselves actually writing as a character in the Universe, and if it has overkill in one area and not enough ability in another then I would say that it therefore reflects the realistic drawbacks of a bunch of PCs coming together for a mission, and is therefore all the better for it.

Galactic Battle Arena Judge
Galactic Battle Arena Judge

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Well it look like me is no welcome hear. XD

Master Moderator
Master Moderator

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:58 am

Signup's closed! Thanks for the interest, all.

Return to Archived Topics