Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Open Space and Asteroid Field

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:34 am

Re: Open Space and Asteroid Field

[narration:1c67adp0]Jace smiled as Karana drummed her fingers lightly on his head, talking in good spirits. They had the old Karana back for now, which was a much needed morale boost for Fel's crew in light of recent events. He just hoped that this was a long-term reversion rather than a short-term cover-up for the pain she's been going through. Karana had been through enough mental anguish for awhile. Jace looked upwards slightly in an attempt to see Karana as she mentioned picking the brains of the passengers. Her fingers moved from the top of his head to the edge of his forehead where she would feel a small scar that ran an inch long just underneath said hairline, which was hidden from view normally by his hair. Barely able to see her, he tilted his head back down and gave Fel a nod.[/narration:1c67adp0] "The nice ones get to stay on the ship, and naughty can stay on the Skip."

[narration:1c67adp0]Jace's features went from a smile to content and focused as he listened to Fel. He took the modifications that the captain made to the earlier request and separated it into two tasks. One, the ulterior motive behind this artifact that they were going after. That was something that Jace was curious of as well. What made this thing so important? He'd bring it up with Daniel first to get the scholarly details out of him, and then go to Dante and see what his take of it was. And two, his past and what influence that may have on the mission.[/narration:1c67adp0][quote:1c67adp0]If he's got a past, we need to know about it. Gives us [i:1c67adp0]what we need to ensure his past doesn't impact our future[/i:1c67adp0].[/quote:1c67adp0] [narration:1c67adp0]He planned to keep it at that level as well. They already knew his name and past occupation, as well as that time being when Jace was with him. Everything else was going to come a bit more difficultly. He just hoped Dante could hold his psychosis together long enough for them to get the medication, as having him running about would complicate things [i:1c67adp0]a lot.[/i:1c67adp0] Especially for Jace.

[action:1c67adp0]As Fel dismissed them to carry about their orders, Jace got up to leave but was stopped by the inquisitive request to stay on deck. He turned back to Fel and studied him for a moment before answering.[/action:1c67adp0] "Sure, what is it?"

[Narration]As Fel slowly started to push for answers about the origins of these contacts, Jace's mind quickly started to formulate a story for them. One that would be mostly true of course, but so vague or indirect that it would satisfy both Fel's thirst for knowledge but keep him away from the real answers. But before he could come up with a complete story his captain ended abruptly and turned his chair to the console behind him.[/narration:1c67adp0] [quote:1c67adp0]and while I don't doubt you're a popular--Fierfek!![/quote:1c67adp0] [action:1c67adp0]Jace saw that Fel was rushing to assess their situation that the ship warned them to and immediately sat down in the co-pilot's seat.[/action:1c67adp0] "Well that's one way you could put it. I would have worded it differently, but..."

[narration:1c67adp0]Jace quickly shut his mouth as Fel read out the information to nobody in particular. Getting buzzed out in this region of space was not common in the least, especially here of all places. He wondered if this was another one of Fel's acquaintances, such as Adrien showing his face again. Fel started to guess on the make of the ship that just passed them by, which he figured was a tribute to his experience in space.

But what got Jace was that the weapons had started to target the enemy ship, seemingly all by themselves. Jace looked down at the controls and frowned, and then looked over at Fel's controls to see if he was doing it. Nothing. How in the Fringe was this happening.

And then he picked up on it.

He could feel... something. But it wasn't a physical or emotional feeling, but one through the Force. He could feel the energies being manipulated ever so slightly on the guns, redirecting them with precision of a practiced user. And he could feel them coming from Fel. He remembered Sam saying something about Fel earlier, but he just dismissed it as Sam sensing some deep abilities that could never be tapped. But this was downright impressive. He wondered if Fel even knew what was going on.[/narration:1c67adp0]

[quote:1c67adp0][force_speak:1c67adp0]No shot.[/force_speak:1c67adp0][/quote:1c67adp0]

[narration:1c67adp0]Very impressive. He could hear him clear as a bell.[/narration:1c67adp0][action:1c67adp0]Jace looked down as the display chimed and the IFF readout popped up.[/action:1c67adp0] "...Light freight', Mon Cal MC-18. That was a pretty good... [i:1c67adp0]guess[/i:1c67adp0]... [narration:1c67adp0]Now he was wondering if those years of experience had been enhanced by this unknown Force ability that Fel had displayed. And now he was wondering if he should mention that there wasn't remote targeting on this ship, or if he should just leave it be and talk with Sam later about it. Maybe Fel would pick up on it and start to question things as well.[/narration:1c67adp0]

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:31 pm

[quote="Jace Stealer":2w2qtn0c][narration:2w2qtn0c]Very impressive. He could hear him clear as a bell.[/narration:2w2qtn0c][action:2w2qtn0c]Jace looked down as the display chimed and the IFF readout popped up.[/action:2w2qtn0c] "...Light freight', Mon Cal MC-18. That was a pretty good... [i:2w2qtn0c]guess[/i:2w2qtn0c]... [narration:2w2qtn0c]Now he was wondering if those years of experience had been enhanced by this unknown Force ability that Fel had displayed. And now he was wondering if he should mention that there wasn't remote targeting on this ship, or if he should just leave it be and talk with Sam later about it. Maybe Fel would pick up on it and start to question things as well.[/narration:2w2qtn0c][/quote:2w2qtn0c]

[narration:2w2qtn0c]The spacer was still a flurry of motion, angling the long-range sensors, recording readouts and cursing himself for losing prey.[/narration:2w2qtn0c]

Fireblast it to the cold, dark place. Not that I'm concerned we were 'made...' but if whoever-that-was gets it in their heads that we look like an easy target -- and we are -- we're in for one hell of a rough ride. [action:2w2qtn0c]catching up to Jace's assertion that he had made a good 'guess' Fel rubs at his temples[/action:2w2qtn0c] ...yeah. Yeah. Been a long time since I caught a ride aboard a Mon Cal ship, but there's something unmistakable about the plant noise, engine signature and shape. Not my favorite birds, but that's not what concerns me. If that Ching-wah TSAO duh liou mahng decides to tell everyone at the Red Shift that there's a transport ripe for plundering, just outside the asteroid field, we're in it, up to our necks.

[narration:2w2qtn0c]Fel pounds the console in frustration, just once, then slumps back into the pilot's seat, lost in momentary thought. After a brief pause, he returns to the task at hand.[/narration:2w2qtn0c]

No point in delaying, then. We better move. I'll find Darklighter, get the location of his mystery repair depot. Only choice we've got now is to not be here when they come back for blood.

[narration:2w2qtn0c]He rose, and started toward the aft bulkhead and the lift beyond, but stopped mid-stride, and turned back to Jace. There was a question in the pilot's eyes, but something more than that as well. Fel looked hopeful, like maybe he was seeking approval.[/narration:2w2qtn0c]

It was a lucky guess, wasn't it?

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:26 pm

[quote="Kaali Xsato":2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr][color=#BFBFFF:2nrtt2wr]*This close to his ship, Seros' presence was almost overwhelming in its strength. She realized he must be extremely focused, projecting himself outward as far as it could reach for her mind to follow. But why? The corners of her mouth tugged downward. Why would he exhaust himself this way just to try and pull her towards him? Perhaps for the same, enigmatic reason she continued to follow him.

Her scowl darkened as another alert sounded, the bright yellow bulb lighting up on the console above her. The power cells and fuel of the 'Serendipity' were running on empty, and one of her engines was giving her trouble again. She'd gone too long without resupplying, having been obsessed with trailing after this transport. The engines hummed as she turned the vessel about, the swift freighter pulling far ahead of the Loronar. Her mind brushed against Seros', her thoughts gently touching against his through their connection.*[/color:2nrtt2wr][/i:2nrtt2wr]

[force_speak:2nrtt2wr]Try to rest, I can feel your fatigue. I will not be far.[/force_speak:2nrtt2wr]

[i:2nrtt2wr][color=#BFBFFF:2nrtt2wr]*The 'Serendipity continued towards its destination: the station located on the primary asteroid, Skip One, where Kaali expected it to be yet another typical expedition of refueling and securing supplies. She should have known better than to expect anything less than trouble.*[/color:2nrtt2wr][/i:2nrtt2wr][/quote:2nrtt2wr]

[color=#00BF80:2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr]...Five and a half hours straight.

Seros had done this before, on several occasions. Exercises, warm ups, relentless bag work, which later turned into some long lost practice in [url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=pxL0UXZLGVc:2nrtt2wr]the Art of Movement[/url:2nrtt2wr]. The cirriculum had several key applications. One was to meld a more solid connection between the body and mind, Force completely aside. It both minimized the practioner's need for it in strenuous circumstances, yet offered numerous advantages for uses coupled with the Force upon further practice and application.[/i:2nrtt2wr][/color:2nrtt2wr]

[narration:2nrtt2wr]Seros was drawing on the Force to simply increase and extend his endurance now. It was actually quite healthy in the long run, as per gained by his research. Bouts of short period-high exertion created interesting, yet mostly detrimental factors in Force users. The way midi-chlorians acted in such conditions didn't differ much from that of muscle development. You do lots of push ups really really fast in short amounts of time, your body gets used to powerful, yet abbreviated bursts of strength and stamina. Inversely, however, longer, slower executions allowed for longer bouts of endurance and exertion. The midi-chlorians were little different in that regard. Yes, there was a rather deep drain over such a lengthy period of exertion; but his reserve capacity would increase via replenishment and rest. The midi-chlorians, in essence, expand to both receive and expel the Force accordingly. Once they reach a certain size, they split in a mitosis effect, thereby allowing the furtherance of higher capacity in the blood cell. This overall process is slow, but accumulative time over a period of years makes a universe of difference.[/narration:2nrtt2wr]

[color=#00BF80:2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr]Liya, having been long gone for a good four hours, A coat of sweat glossed Seros' body all but entirely as he twisted, swept and leapt lightly about his room into the fifth hour of the trip, intermittently executing projected kicks and leg sweeps onto the bag. The accompanying headache he had was all too familiar, and nigh inevitable, but even if Kaali wasn't in pursuit, he figured he'd still push himself...which is exactly what he did for the last portion of the jump.

Grabbing hold of the first bunk's standing frame in between the bed sets, he pulled with his upper arm, and pushed with his lower, vaulting his torso and outstretched legs up off the floor...[url=http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/how_to_perform_the_human_flag:2nrtt2wr]without the aid of the Force.[/url:2nrtt2wr] Concentrating, he extended his mind toward the bag once again, practically trusting his arms and lats to the task of subliminally holding himself in position above the floor...and swung his feet apart, forward to back (to keep his center of balance). The impression of the kick on the bag across the room was minimal, as Seros struggled a bit to keep his body's position as solid and constant as possible, taking a few grunting moments to situate himself again, reaffirming his grip on the steel bunk post. Taking in as best a breath as he could, he tried again, ignoring the birthing burn in his sides. The bag jolted back as the sheets fabric folded around the impression of his shin.

Although, once he felt the ship jolt back to sunlight speed, he didn't waver in resolve. His right lats began screaming at him, as did his triceps.[/i:2nrtt2wr][/color:2nrtt2wr] [color=#008080:2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr]"..Just a...few more, ol' boy!"[/i:2nrtt2wr][/color:2nrtt2wr] [color=#00BF80:2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr]Seros was 36 Basic years old. Four years shy of what he previously perceived to be a daunting milestone in a man's life. But while he was able to do these types of things, he wanted to make damn sure his death wasn't a result of complacency.[/i:2nrtt2wr][/color:2nrtt2wr]

"Uurrnnh!" [action:2nrtt2wr]gritted teeth coupled with a grimacing fold of his brow resulted in another successful kick to the bag with his left leg, the closest to the floor. Seros couldn't decide which side was easier to use now that his entire body burned in unforgettable protest. His arms quivered, his torso practically convulsed now, and just when he thought he was almost situated for one last hoorah, his entire effort was cut short upon one thing...[/action:2nrtt2wr]

[quote="Kaali Xsato":2nrtt2wr][force_speak:2nrtt2wr]Try to rest. I can feel your fatigue. I will not be far.[/force_speak:2nrtt2wr][/quote:2nrtt2wr]

[narration:2nrtt2wr]Funny.
Something so soft and gentle brushing wistfully by could cause him to collapse nigh helplessly onto the cold metal floor, as if slammed down by a sledgehammer. Although the fact she made him so vulnerable completely escaped him, the word 'relief' seemed too dismal a term for what he felt at that point. His efforts seemed to have paid off. Not to mention, this marked the end of his rigorous workout.[/narration:2nrtt2wr]

[color=#00BF80:2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr]Taking a moment in his impromptu reprieve on the floor, he calmed the eddy of energy about him, quelling his power, and gazed past the harshly fluorescent lights, eagerly in agreement with her suggestion.[/i:2nrtt2wr][/color:2nrtt2wr]

[force_speak:2nrtt2wr]Sounds great.[/force_speak:2nrtt2wr]
[color=#00BF80:2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr]with drawn breaths, Seros picked himself off the floor, feeling the reminiscent burn he ever so missed after exercise. He grabbed his gui, datapad, Wade's old staff, and was off to the nearest refresher, yet..his progress was again halted by another whisper in the Force. An impression rather. Completely different and foreign from Kaali's.[/i:2nrtt2wr][/color:2nrtt2wr]
[quote="Galdaart Fel":2nrtt2wr]No shot. [force_speak:2nrtt2wr]No shot.[/force_speak:2nrtt2wr][/quote:2nrtt2wr]
[color=#00BF80:2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr]"No shot?" That presence came from the direction of the bridge, not even three minutes after Kaali entered within proximity. Seros didn't feel any disturbance or tremor in Kaali's stead, but that didn't mean people still couldn't try. And the person making a pursuing attempt on his girl's life...was a Force sensitive. That's a can of worms Seros didn't want to mess with right now. They were out in The Run, where illicit activity and transactions abounded. Kaali must have done a sensor sweep on them, alerting them to her presence. But Kaali seemed to be fi--[/i:2nrtt2wr][/color:2nrtt2wr]

[quote="Kaali Xsato":2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr][color=#BFBFFF:2nrtt2wr]Suddenly, Kaali's presence in the Force was cut off, gone in the blink of an eye and severing the connection utterly that she had, up until this point, been maintaining with Seros. The strength in which she could disguise or hide her signature, as she had been forced to do nearly non-stop since her encounter with the Sith Lord, had grown tremendously. She hardly needed to concentrate on it anymore. The Echani traversed the corridors further into the station, seeking out the minds of the traders to pick out one that would be most open to her version of bargain hunting.[/color:2nrtt2wr][/i:2nrtt2wr][/quote:2nrtt2wr]

[color=#00BF80:2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr]She was gone? Seros would have asked himself how or why, but he remembered what she had taught him back on Umgul. Over the few years away from her, he exercised it more frequently as time had passed. It became necessary in his role as a Sentinel, especially for one who chose not to use a lightsaber. He figured she was hiding away from her would be pursuers...by hiding from him for the time being.

Seros, instead of grinding his teeth out of worry and doubt..simply smiled.[/i:2nrtt2wr][/color:2nrtt2wr]
[color=#008080:2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr]"...Smart girl."[/i:2nrtt2wr][/color:2nrtt2wr]

[narration:2nrtt2wr]As for the captain and his efforts, Seros should only have expected that from someone in that field of work. He should consider himself lucky that there was 'no shot.'[/narration:2nrtt2wr]

[color=#00BF80:2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr]He sighed deeply,[/i:2nrtt2wr][/color:2nrtt2wr] [color=#008080:2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr]"Oh well,"[/i:2nrtt2wr][/color:2nrtt2wr] [color=#00BF80:2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr]he arranged his belongings in a more neatly order within his grasp, folding his gui and robes about his datapad and deathstick box.[/i:2nrtt2wr][/color:2nrtt2wr] [color=#008080:2nrtt2wr][i:2nrtt2wr]"Not much I can do, at any rate."[/i:2nrtt2wr][/color:2nrtt2wr]

[narration:2nrtt2wr]And maybe the iron-suited man who offered him the robes he held already knew. He figured it wasn't his business anyways.

On to the refresher...[/narration:2nrtt2wr]

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:10 pm

*Reaching out with my left hand as I slip the datacards back into my pocket with my right, I caught the credit chip in midair.* "I think Sky would be a good choice, he seems unlikely to cause trouble." *Pocketing the credchip, I nodded slowly, making a mental note of Fel's supply list. It sounded like camping out on Dorin could prove to be complicated.* "I doubt we would want any of the speeders they have way out here, but I'll see what I can do. Maybe I can find a wreck that Neph can fix up for us." *There wasn't any point wasting words acknowledging Fel's requests, so I turned my attention back to Jace and his new information about the blue alien, who was apparently named Dante Demici.*

*So Jace knew our employer. That was interesting. I would definitely have to find out more about their connection at some point. I really didn't know much at all about Jace --- every time we started a conversation that might have lead to useful information, something interupted us. One might almost wonder if Jace was avoiding such conversation on purpose, but that was probably a paranoid assumption, not something I could actually prove.*

*With that in mind, I would definitely take Jace up on his offer if I couldn't locate someone sooner. But Seros had given me a lead on a guy right here in the Skip that could do the job, and I didn't want to wait until we got to Dorin unless I had to.* "Thanks, Jace. I'll keep that in mind. But I'm hoping this contact of Darklighter's can do the job." *I grinned as Malora walked over and began poking at Jace's head. She seemed to be back to her old self --- for now, at least.*

*Patting Scrappy twice on the head as Fel dismissed us, I followed him from the bridge, accompanied by the faint whir of his wheel motors as he trundled across the deck. Out in the passageway, I paused as the others dispersed, my ears catching the single proximity beep. Ever muffled as it was, I knew instantly what that beep meant, and tensed, waiting. Scrappy heard it too, and he let out a nervous chirp. I heard raised voices, but they quickly faded again. Exhaling, I was about to resume my walk to the lift, when I caught part of a sentence from the bridge behind me. "... find Darklighter, get the location of his ..." Darklighter. Fierfek, I'd forgotten to tell Fel about Darklighter.*

*Spinning on one heel, I almost collided with Jace as he and the captain exited.* "Oh, Captain, one other thing. I talked to Darklighter last night." *I tried to keep it short, since I knew I needed to get the resupply team together.* "I think he fits into our puzzle somehow, I'm just not sure how. He has martial art expertise, and he was on some sort of Jedi investigation into a drug dealer in the Underworld when some group, possibly this same Syndicate, jumped him. He escaped, met Wade somewhere, and asked for a ride off Coruscant."

*My gaze shifted to Jace.* "You might want to ask Darklighter a bit more about his story. It seemed to check out, but I'm suspicious because I've never heard of a Jedi learning Teras Kasi, or of one that didn't carry a lightsaber."

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:12 am

[narration:22ko8feo]Jace was helping Fel manage the control board and checked the basics as he listened to him make some good points. First, he made sure the shields were in good order. If that ship came back looking to score a hit it would have to make it through the meager shields first, which would buy them time to get out of the area. Engines were in good order, or at least capable of pushing the ship around a bit. His engineers had done a fairly good job of tuning them to get this hunk of metal around. The last thing he did was start the computers on calculating a quick jump and putting the calculations aside if the need to flee in a hurry was forced. If either of the scenarios that Fel suggested that ended up in this ship getting cracked open came to, nobody would want to be stuck out here.

Jace paused as Fel did, both of them finished with preparing the ship for an immediate jump if it came to it. He briefly thought back in silence about what he mentioned about the other ship, something that intrigued him:[/narration:22ko8feo][quote:22ko8feo]...yeah. Yeah. Been a long time since I caught a ride aboard a Mon Cal ship, but there's something unmistakable about the plant noise, engine signature and shape. Not my favorite birds, but that's not what concerns me. If that Ching-wah TSAO duh liou mahng decides to tell everyone[/quote:22ko8feo] [narration:22ko8feo]So that must be how he does it. It wasn't just that feeling you got with the Force sometimes, when the answer just 'popped' into mind. He was unconsciously reaching out to the ship, feeling each section and process individually. Past experience with certain types of engines and hull models left an impression that could be remembered and recalled in ones memory. Very similar to when two Force-users met, and can sense one another individually and recognize them simply from being in proximity to one another. His experience as a smuggler, recognized both by his prowess in the field and his colorful language, had molded this gift to what it was now. Very intriguing.

As Fel mentions Darklighter and the repair depot, he suddenly remembers:[/narration:22ko8feo]
[quote:22ko8feo]...stock up on supplies and provisions, and retrieve the Bronze Star. Liya, I'm thinking you and Sam, mebbe Neph...
...Just give me a list of supplies and some creds, Captain, and we'll make sure we get them...[/quote:22ko8feo]
[narration:22ko8feo]Jace silently berated himself for completely forgetting to see what they had in the stowage. After getting patched up by Dante he had gone straight to bed, exhaustion and the thought of sleep taking control. He had no idea what his men had put in there, except that one of the four compartments was stocked with food. With that said the other three could hold very sensitive material, as his men had no idea what sort confidentiality was needed for these missions. For all he knew they could have installed a communication room with a direct link to the figure-head of the operation as well as his Grand Admiral, with pictures hastily glued on the walls with of everything he's ever done in the past. While it was a huge exaggeration, there were still things that could arose suspicion.[/narration:22ko8feo] "...I've got to go talk to Karana, have her make a full list of occupants before we start going through them."

[narration:22ko8feo]Jace stood up after Fel, stepping away from the console. He felt reassured that if anything happened while the captain and himself was out, one could rush in and take the prepared vessel into hyperspace in a matter of seconds. He had only taken a step when Fel turned back and questioned about the guess. Jace should have told the spacer right then and there why it wasn't a guess, but a gift. The man had a right to know after all. But something about the light in his eyes, the questioning of what seemed to be his years of smuggling experience and how it seemed to be paying off with a display of amazing skills...[/narration:22ko8feo] "...It was a damn good one, Captain." [action:22ko8feo]Jace offered him a reassuring grin, giving him a nod of approval as well.[/action:22ko8feo]

[narration:22ko8feo]Before they could leave the door opened, and there stood Liya. Jace listened intently to what she had to say about one of the more interesting people they had picked up. If he really did fit into this whole 'Criminal-Underworld-Artifact-Hunt', then the chances that Dante could give him more information in addition to what Liya had told them were good. Jace's gaze shifted back and forth between Liya and Fel, but rested on Liya when she turned to speak to him. A Jedi without a lightsaber wasn't the strangest thing he's heard, but using Teras Kasi in addition, or possibly a substitution was up there.[/narration:22ko8feo] "That [i:22ko8feo]is[/i:22ko8feo] strange. I'll make sure to find out more about it. Now if you'll excuse me..." [narration:22ko8feo]Jace slipped past Liya and made his way down the hallway at a casual pace, heading towards the lift. If he could get to stowage before anybody else then he could remove anything that would peak people's curiosity. And the only person assigned to taking stock at the moment was Liya.[/narration:22ko8feo]

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:55 pm

[quote="Dante Deveaux":205uwa28]"My name?"..."I have many names."..."You may call me Dante. Dante the Deceiver."[/quote:205uwa28]
[color=#00BF00:205uwa28][i:205uwa28]Dante? The Deceiver?[/i:205uwa28][/color:205uwa28] Daniel thought to himself as he nodded in response. That only opened more question for the inquisitive doctor to ask. Who was this man that he had earned the name 'the Deceiver' or perhaps more interesting that he embraced it? An uneasy feeling entered the pit of Daniel's stomach and the small hairs on the back of his neck stood on end as a chilling thought entered his mind, [color=#00BF00:205uwa28][i:205uwa28]What if we're being lied to now? What have we all signed on for? What if--[/i:205uwa28][/color:205uwa28]. He couldn't finish the thought as his attention was returned suddenly to Dante as he began to walk out, and Daniel began to follow, ready to ask more questions about what exactly the Deceiver had done to earn his name, what else he might be holding back from them what else--

[quote="Dante Deveaux":205uwa28]"Don't follow me."[/quote:205uwa28]
And Daniel was stopped in his tracks mid-step as the very abrupt ending to their conversation had arrived. In his estimate of the tone in Dante's voice and his seeming escape, the doctor could only conclude that he had touched a nerve and it was best not to continue his line of questioning at this time, or ever, depending on how much Dante's mood improved or degraded later. It appeared that Daniel's thirst for answers would not be quenched today and so instead he hesitantly walked to the door and peered up and down the hallway before stepping out and pressing his ear to the door that Dante had disappeared into.

Silence. Or at least nothing that he could hear so he backed away, one step and then another before he turned to walk toward the lounge. The thought at the forefront of his mind was whether or not he could trust a man called the deceiver. What's more, should he tell the captain or the crew? Is he looking too far into this? Perhaps he should talk to Jace, he had the captain's ear as far as Daniel could tell, maybe something like this would be better discussed with him. Daniel knew that Jace's word would carry more weight than his and if there was something to his suspicions then he would at least have another person to help him figure out what it was.

Pushing the thought out of his mind as he entered the lounge and looked around Daniel began once again to go over his notes from memory for the fifth or so time since they had escaped Coruscant. There were many dangers that lied ahead of them, ancient traps, security droids a millenia old or more, and now this Syndicate, maybe if they were lucky they could encounter a spirit or two for Daniel to talk to and learn from.

Knowledge, the greatest power in the universe, Daniel had an abundance but he wanted more, always searching, always learning, always eager. He knew that to some it might sound similar to how the Sith yearned for knowledge of the Force, but Daniel always learned from a desire to to good and every once in a while he picked up a useful craft outside of his field of expertise which he now hoped would be useful to the crew so that he didn't feel like he wasn't earning his keep.

He breathed in as he stepped toward the bathroom once more and peered inside, it was a mess, and so as he decided to clean it, it was the least he could do after they had saved his life. He walked back to the medbay and looked around for some cleaning solution but found very little, he tried to remember what his nanny used to use when he would help her clean around the house as a child, but decided instead to just make do with what he had. He walked back to the lounge and to the bathroom before mumbling to himself, [color=#00BF00:205uwa28][size=85:205uwa28]Let's see, how did she do this?[/size:205uwa28][/color:205uwa28], as he thought about how to approach the cleaning job. And then it popped into his head. He first started by grabbing the laundry that had been thrown upon the floor and gathering them into one pile outside the door. He then sprayed down the shower and let the cleaner work its magic before moving on to the sink to do the same thing. He found it to be very strange and somewhat amusing that someone with two degrees and a doctorate had trouble remembering how to do basic cleaning.

He began to 'read' his notes he continued to clean, and oddly he found that doing both exercises at the same time was rather calming helped him to take his mind off of things. It also kept him from falling asleep which was good because he was getting tired but feared falling closing his eyes and seeing those creatures once more, and this was a good way to stay awake.

As he examined each of the bottles through his broken glasses he finally found the glass cleaner and sprayed the mirror, wiping it down just as Nan used to, but there were a lot more streaks when he did it. Try as he might to remove them he only seemed to make the streaks worse and decided to blame the cleaner (solution) and not the cleaner (himself). He moved on to the toilet bowl and squirted some cleaner in there as well but couldn't bring himself to wipe it down so he just flushed it instead. And finally he rinsed the shower and sink down before standing back and looking at a job well done.

Well not so well done after all he supposed. It still looked a mess, but a much more sanitary mess, but when you're down you have to take the small victories where they come, and that was Daniel, always the optimist. He picked up the cleaning supplies and the laundry and headed back to the medbay where he left the laundry next to the washing machine and put the cleaning supplies back. [color=#00BF00:205uwa28][i:205uwa28]Perhaps,[/i:205uwa28][/color:205uwa28] he thought, [i:205uwa28][color=#00BF00:205uwa28]this isn't my best way to contribute.[/color:205uwa28][/i:205uwa28] He laughed to himself before walking back to the lounge and sitting on the couch. At least it smelled better...well a little better.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:46 am

[quote:2yzta00h]Jace slipped past Liya and made his way down the hallway at a casual pace, heading towards the lift...[/quote:2yzta00h]

Good work, Liya. I'll be sure and mention it to Darklighter. 'Seems we have much more in common than I thought.

[narration:2yzta00h]Liya nodded a terse confirmation, and departed, no doubt to get everything in order for her flight Skip-side.

And with that, Fel was left alone once more on the bridge. He had much to think about. Both Liya and Jace had given him pause, and delivered nuggets of information that didn't entirely fall into place, but which would, and soon. He knew it. So Darklighter didn't have a laser sword, and knew a martial art not normally used by the Jedi, and it would seem he knew more about one of our possible adversaries, and maybe about the artifact we seek. If he's tied up with this 'Syndicate,' a name which keeps popping up, then he likely has more to tell. Fel thought about this a moment longer, before exiting the bridge, and descending to the lower deck -- not via the lift, but using the ladder typically reserved for maintenance. If someone was to ask him why, he'd be hard-pressed to answer. Something about needing to know the ship inside-out.

Emerging on the midships deck, Fel walked into the passenger quarters, and nearly rain into Darklighter, who looked as though he has just run a marathon. He was bare-chested and had obviously been exerting himself. The spacer adopted a relaxed posture, which nonetheless made getting past the pilot a little difficult.[/narration:2yzta00h]

Seros. If you have a few minutes...

Affiliation:

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:30 pm

[narration:3ej7ish5]Seros paused before progressing his trek to the refresher any further, once he heard footsteps on the steel plated floor approaching. It was the Fel, looking down to the floor as his hand pulled his stringy gray locks of hair out of the way, almost walking straight through him just shy one step before realizing he was there.[/narration:3ej7ish5]

[quote="Galdaart Fel":3ej7ish5]Seros. If you have a few minutes...[/quote:3ej7ish5]

[color=#00BF80:3ej7ish5][i:3ej7ish5]Seros..well, he probably reeked of sweat at this point, but...[/i:3ej7ish5][/color:3ej7ish5]
[action:3ej7ish5]Seros chocked a witty smirk.[/action:3ej7ish5] "I've got minutes, but they'll be smelly ones until I hit that refresher."

Affiliation:

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:14 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------

[b:sb5xgby4][size=150:sb5xgby4]Day 53, The Battle of Stone Valley
[/size:sb5xgby4][/b:sb5xgby4]
[narration:sb5xgby4]It had started off innocently; a clean little escort op, cut and dry. Escort the diplomat from point A to point B. Kriff, If they had only known. . .

Sithspit is never that easy.

The guerillas had been prepared. MUCH more prepared than we had given them credit for├óÔé¼┬ªthe Rebel armies had been holed up for maybe years, pooling weapons, vehicles, resources├óÔé¼┬ªlittle Rimma city hadn't been prepared for the all out assault that had been unleashed on it. They came quick and fast - once the guerillas commed word back to base that the snatch and grab on the escort had failed, they had launched an all out offensive on the city. I s'pose they thought they could take over the city easier if their military commander wasn't there to lead them. And they had been right, to a degree anyway; the rebels assaulted the city, and every police station, barracks, and federal building was overrun by the little bastards. They took over the city in a matter of hours.

Course, they kinda discounted the pull the planetary governor had; once the governor and his escort had made it to safety, they had holed up in some of those very same caves the rebels used├óÔé¼┬ªturned out the stone played havoc with senors. From there├óÔé¼┬ªthe governor called in the calvary; lancer frigates, six of em, set down right in the desert and unloaded their troops├óÔé¼┬ªthen they took off and started engaging the "New Rimma" (As the rebels so loved to call it) air force. From there, the governors little escort party met up with three thousand army regulars, and the battle of New Rimma began. On the planetary scale, it was pretty small; six lancers, three or four hundred miss matched vehicles, about forty star fighters, and around nine thousand combatants total - it didn't even register as a blip on the galactic scene. Thing is, all of those forces were centered on the planets one and only city; New Rimma. Add in the fact there's several hundred thousand civilians that start taking up arms as impromptu militia (for both sides), and your starting to look at a decent sized war of twenty thousand├óÔé¼┬ªall centered around guerilla tactics in a highly urbanized city center.

With one exception; Stone Valley.

It was a pitiful sector of the city; completely worthless├óÔé¼┬ªexcept for the fact that it housed the cities production plants. You know, things that might be worthwhile to a military force; military grade metal sheeting, volatile substances. The little things. So what you had in the end, was constant front line fighting over a district in the city not even twenty blocks large├óÔé¼┬ªwith frequent airstrikes, shelling, and failed advances on both sides. Stone Valley indeed - aptly named from the amount of rubble that filled district. In general though? You could call it whatever you wanted├óÔé¼┬ªit would still be a hellhole.[/narration:sb5xgby4]

----------

[action:sb5xgby4]The sky was gray and sickly, with streams of line struggling to pierce the heavy veil; the labored result of hundreds of bombs filling the air with smoke. Not that the smoke was just in the sky - it hung in the air, on the ground, and everywhere in between in a smoggy pallor, making the unwary choke and cough. Worse still, it was thick enough that it hung in a haze, obscuring ones vision so much it was hard to see your own hand, let alone someones face. Not that it obscured anything worth looking at; the whole of the city was dull gray ferrocrete and stone, blown up, out, and over a three mile radius. There wasn't a building left that hadn't had a bomb dropped on it - and not a bunker that hadn't been shelled. In one particular building, near the north side of the city, a line of soldiers hid in the shadows of dilapidated two story ferrocrete building. It wasn't much; parts of the second floor were completely gone, and whole sections of walls had been blown out by mortar and grenade├óÔé¼┬ªbut she offered cover at least. Cover from those damn snipers├óÔé¼┬ªsmoke didn't do much to obscure thermal and sonic scopes├óÔé¼┬ªnot a damned bit.

Silently, Dante shook his head. He was in a group of twenty or so soldiers taking refuge in a blown out building - each and every one of them wearing full body armor, head to toe, full face helmets. And it was kriffing miserable, you know, cause it was a hundred and twenty outside. Desert planet remember? That, and most of the suits cooling units had blown out. Well, except for one.[/action:sb5xgby4]

[comlink:sb5xgby4]"Jace├óÔé¼┬ªwe all hate you. We just want you to know that."[/comlink:sb5xgby4]

[action:sb5xgby4]A mutter of approval went around the soldiers headsets, and off to one side, a soldier moved his gauntleted hand into a rather unfriendly gesture at Jace. To Dante's left, a grenadier in standard gunmetal gray armor with red highlights, nodded at Dante.[/action:sb5xgby4]

[comlink:sb5xgby4]Sergeant O'Malley, couldn't you just order him to turn it off?[/comlink:sb5xgby4]

[narration:sb5xgby4]Sergeant O'what? Oh. Right. Being Praxis agents, sometimes it was necessary to take code names in order to protect your identity, especially in situations where you didn't want superiors knowing of your├óÔé¼┬ªspecialized designation, for lack of better words. Basically; superior officers didn't like to be kriffed with. And learning that several of the men in your platoon where intelligence ops, usually didnt go that well. Course, it helped that Dante/O'Malley was CO of their little group├óÔé¼┬ªbut, old habits died hard.[/narration:sb5xgby4]

[action:sb5xgby4]Silently, Dante shook his head, his visored helmet turning to regard Jace.[/action:sb5xgby4]

[comlink:sb5xgby4]"Nah Soldier; Jace here has the rations├óÔé¼┬ªand so long as his suit is cooled, he's the only thing keeping "MRE's Chef Man RT" from turning into "Frying Pan Rest in Peace. Isn't that right Jace?"[/comlink:sb5xgby4]

----------------------------------------------------------------

[size=150:sb5xgby4][b:sb5xgby4]Present Day: aboard the Loronar.
[/b:sb5xgby4][/size:sb5xgby4]

[b:sb5xgby4][action:sb5xgby4]BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP![/action:sb5xgby4]
[/b:sb5xgby4]
[action:sb5xgby4]He woke up with a start, almost dumping himself out of the dining rooms chair. When had he fallen asleep? And why had he been dreaming of the War? Such things had to wait for later unfortunately, as his gaze turned to the insistent beeping that had woken him - his gauntlet had picked up a signal it seemed.[/action:sb5xgby4]

[narration:sb5xgby4]Perfect...had his crate finally arrived in system? The cargo pod was programmed to circulate between systems Dante had visited before; wherever they were now, apparently he had been here. He made a mental note then, to check with the Captain on their current location.[/narration:sb5xgby4]

[action:sb5xgby4]Tuning the gauntlet, he picked up the pods transponder, and verified his identity through a eleven digit pass code - usually he liked more security, but...hey, it was just a cargo pod right? The pod verified - it sat just at the edge of the system, and would make a micro jump to put itself three minutes out...total time for transit...five minutes.[/action:sb5xgby4]

"Five minutes...excellent."

[action:sb5xgby4]Standing, Dante turned his gauntlet off, and headed out into the hallway. He hadn't been awake for long...and unbeknownst to Dante, he had slept through the entire flyby fiasco (The downside of having nonexistant force and danger sense.). Looking up and down the hallway, Dante spied Fel just entering the passenger area, and moving quickly, Dante made after him. He had just rounded the corner, as he heard the two talking...[/action:sb5xgby4]

[quote="Galdaart Fel":sb5xgby4]Seros. If you have a few minutes...[/quote:sb5xgby4][quote="Seros Darklighter":sb5xgby4]"I've got minutes, but they'll be smelly ones until I hit that refresher."[/quote:sb5xgby4]

[action:sb5xgby4]Seros? The name didn't strike him as familiar...and he didn't seem to be one of the crew; when was the last time a smuggler captain requested anything?[/action:sb5xgby4]

[narration:sb5xgby4]He filed those particularly interesting tidbits away for later use.[/narration:sb5xgby4]

[action:sb5xgby4]Turning the corner to the entry way, Dante popped his head into the room.[/action:sb5xgby4]

"Captain Fel. I just received word...my package is at the edge of the system; it will be within retrieval range in five minutes. I urge for...promptness...in retrieving it."

[action:sb5xgby4]As he spoke, he eyed the force user across the room...memorizing the face to the name. Turning away, Dante walked back down the hall to the open passenger seating. Against a wall, he spied a large semicircular couch; and walking over to it, took a seat...[/action:sb5xgby4]

[narration:sb5xgby4]Finally...finally...things were so close...so so close...

It was only a matter of time.[/narration:sb5xgby4]

Affiliation:

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:51 am

[quote="Dante the Deceiver":3jqe873o]

[action:3jqe873o]As he spoke, he eyed the force user across the room...memorizing the face to the name. Turning away, Dante walked back down the hall to the open passenger seating. Against a wall, he spied a large semicircular couch; and walking over to it, took a seat...[/action:3jqe873o][/quote:3jqe873o]

It took her a minute or two (she was busy on her datapad), but Malora finally found the other end of the corridor. It opened into a spacious area lined with lockers and cabinets, spotted with seats and little tables. Well, spacious for a starship, at least. It took you about thirteen steps to get from one end to the next, and you could probably touch the ceiling if you were over six and a half feet.
[color=#00BFFF:3jqe873o]├óÔé¼┼ôTalk to passengers, talk to passengers, talk to passengers,├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:3jqe873o] Malora mumble-chanted as she scrolled through her datapad, glancing around her. Where was Jace? They were supposed to figure these people out together. Of course, she actually had to FIND the passengers for this to happen. The smuggler sighed, running fingers through her wild dark mane, and popped an unwrapped lollipop in her mouth. She stuffed the wrapper in the top of her bra. [color=#00BFFF:3jqe873o]├óÔé¼┼ôWhen you don├óÔé¼Ôäót need ├óÔé¼╦£em, they├óÔé¼Ôäóre everywhere,├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:3jqe873o] she grumbled, [color=#00BFFF:3jqe873o]├óÔé¼┼ôand when you DO need ├óÔé¼╦£em, th--├óÔé¼┬ªahah.├óÔé¼┬Ø [/color:3jqe873o]

She found one.

He was sitting, rather assuredly she thought, in one of the semicircular booths to her left. He looked deep in thought, and there was something about his skin├óÔé¼┬ª Malora twirled her datapad around her fingers and clomped towards him, eyes alert and ready to soak in the details. She supposed she should be wary and approach this delicately, you know. Be polite and stuff. The nice ship hostess who makes you comfortable and gets you towels and puts candy on your pillow at night.

Yeah. [i:3jqe873o]Right[/i:3jqe873o].

[color=#00BFFF:3jqe873o]├óÔé¼┼ôOkay, here├óÔé¼Ôäós the deal,├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:3jqe873o] Malora said, sliding into the seat across from the man. She pushed her hair from her eyes and leaned lazily into the seat, hands drumming idly on the table separating them, and eyed him shrewdly. His features were royal, stunningly sculpted from gold-dusted skin. Definitely not human. Firrerreo, if she had to guess. Interesting. Was this the ex-count Jace had mentioned? The analytic smart-person who was good with a sword? Their employer for this shindig?

Time to figure him out for herself.

[color=#00BFFF:3jqe873o]├óÔé¼┼ôI├óÔé¼Ôäóm here to peacefully observe you, determine whether you├óÔé¼Ôäóre cool or uncool, sane or insane, tree-hugger or psychopathic axe murderer, and then figure out your angle. You know. Get to know you. Build a profile, figure Sithspit out, because let├óÔé¼Ôäós face it,├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:3jqe873o] she drawled with a smirk, waving her lollipop around, [color=#00BFFF:3jqe873o]├óÔé¼┼ô[i:3jqe873o]everyone├óÔé¼Ôäós[/i:3jqe873o] got an angle, especially in my line of work. SO.├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:3jqe873o] At this, Malora abruptly leaned forward, smacking her hands on the table for emphasis. Spinning the datapad, she tossed it onto the surface and nodded at it. [color=#00BFFF:3jqe873o]├óÔé¼┼ôYou could either spill your guts right now and give me every bit of info I need to do my job, answer [i:3jqe873o]all[/i:3jqe873o] my questions, etc. Or,├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:3jqe873o] she said, reaching into her top and retrieving the crumpled candy wrapper. The trouble maker pinched the waxy paper into a small ball and set it carefully in front of her. Malora raised one eyebrow slightly, the rest of her face serious. [color=#00BFFF:3jqe873o]├óÔé¼┼ô├óÔé¼┬ª...we could play table hockey.├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:3jqe873o]

She paused, watching him.

[color=#00BFFF:3jqe873o]├óÔé¼┼ôYour paths have been laid before you, dude. Please note that my paper ball-flicking skills are just as good as my blaster-shooting skills. You have been warned. Choose wisely,├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:3jqe873o] she added sagely, cocking her head ever so slightly. Maybe he├óÔé¼Ôäód think she was nuts, maybe not. Very few people understood Malora├óÔé¼Ôäós sometimes absurd sense of humor and wacky banter. That├óÔé¼Ôäós probably why she├óÔé¼Ôäód liked Mack Revette so much. He ├óÔé¼╦£got it├óÔé¼Ôäó. And he was chronically insane, so what did that say about her, she wondered?

Affiliation:

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:40 pm

[quote:2dfuxtwj][action:2dfuxtwj]Seros chocked a witty smirk.[/action:2dfuxtwj] "I've got minutes, but they'll be smelly ones until I hit that refresher."[/quote:2dfuxtwj]

[narration:2dfuxtwj]Fel cocked an eyebrow at the stranger in a quizzical manner, before his features dissolved into a wide grin, in spite of himself.[/narration:2dfuxtwj] I've been doused in Jekk gore and up to my synth-eyeball in grime until half an hour ago, and You're worried about a little sweat? pfft... [action:2dfuxtwj]gesturing for Darklighter to follow[/action:2dfuxtwj] c'mon, Wizard. I need the contents of your brain with me on the flight deck. I'm sure I can stand your stench for five minutes...

[quote:2dfuxtwj][action:2dfuxtwj]Turning the corner to the entry way, Dante popped his head into the room.[/action:2dfuxtwj] "Captain Fel. I just received word...my package is at the edge of the system; it will be within retrieval range in five minutes. I urge for...promptness...in retrieving it." [action:2dfuxtwj]As he spoke, he eyed the force user across the room...memorizing the face to the name. Turning away, Dante walked back down the hall to the open passenger seating. Against a wall, he spied a large semicircular couch; and walking over to it, took a seat...[/action:2dfuxtwj]

[narration:2dfuxtwj]Finally...finally...things were so close...so so close... It was only a matter of time.[/narration:2dfuxtwj][/quote:2dfuxtwj]

[narration:2dfuxtwj]Fel couldn't help it. He was irritated by this man and his thinly veiled assertions of dominance and power. He may have been paying the bills, but Fel was tool-pusher on this boat. They were getting spread too thin: Liya taking the Eagle down to the Skip, The UA not in air-worthy condition, and now an expedition to the edge of the system, when all Fel wanted to do was be whole again, get his ship repaired and Wrench back in one piece.

He kept an even tone in his voice, but there would be little disguising the fact that Galdaart Fel didn't appreciate being told how to run his ship.[/narration:2dfuxtwj]

Y'know, Dante... [action:2dfuxtwj]Fel placed extra emphasis on the name, letting Demici know he wasn't as much of a phantom as he once thought[/action:2dfuxtwj] I've known a few women in my life... most of them had "urges," too. Nothing but trouble if you ask me. [action:2dfuxtwj]pause[/action:2dfuxtwj] We'll pick up your little package. But I've gotta tell you, there are others on my boat that have needs. There are things we need to accomplish so that we can be at our best for your mission... look, if you've got a comm freq we should be scanning to pick up incoming transmissions, why don't you join me on the bridge in ten or fifteen minutes -- we'll sort this out.

[narration:2dfuxtwj]With that, and a curt nod, Fel turned back to Seros, and with an inclination of his head that said 'come with me,' they departed for the flight deck, leaving Dante in the doorway of the passenger lounge. The trip to the bridge was quick, but silent. Fel was still thinking over what Dante had said; the meaning behind it; the unspoken words. The lift opened, and Fel strode onto the flight deck, coming to a rest behind the pilots' station, where he turned to face Darklighter. Sweeping his arms out, indicating the expanse of cold, dark void outside the viewer, Fel inquired of his guest--[/narration:2dfuxtwj]

So, where's this repair depot?

Affiliation:

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:50 pm

[quote="Galdaart Fel":20e4n4a1]
Y'know, Dante... [action:20e4n4a1]Fel placed extra emphasis on the name, letting Demici know he wasn't as much of a phantom as he once thought[/action:20e4n4a1] I've known a few women in my life... most of them had "urges," too. Nothing but trouble if you ask me. [action:20e4n4a1]pause[/action:20e4n4a1] We'll pick up your little package. But I've gotta tell you, there are others on my boat that have needs. There are things we need to accomplish so that we can be at our best for your mission... look, if you've got a comm freq we should be scanning to pick up incoming transmissions, why don't you join me on the bridge in ten or fifteen minutes -- we'll sort this out.[/quote:20e4n4a1]

[action:20e4n4a1]Stoicness - passiveness. A bland expression and a quick smirk when Fel used his name. His human name. The name held no power over him; and Fel's use of it was more amusing than disturbing. Had it all figured out did he? Felt more in control?[/action:20e4n4a1]

[narration:20e4n4a1]Analysis ensued; Fel's need to exert control over the situation, over Dante, implied he thought Dante was a threat...fear of the unknown was such a basic human notion, and the prognosis seemed to fit. More curious though, were the insults - Dante had urged, and in essence suggested, that they be prompt. The matter was honestly open to negotiation. The Captains quick and unthinking riposte to what he seemed to take as an order, told volumes about the mans attitude; the ship was his haven, and here he was king. Intrusion would be met with quick resistance...

My my, had we uncovered the Captains weaknesses already?

It made sense though; Dante saw the metal and parts around them as simply a means to an end, not once considering it had deeper value to those around him. In context though...the ship was his home, his crew his family. And should Dante ever need pull or push...well, he knew exactly where to put leverage. Further analysis was needed though...how had he learned the name? Probably Jace - it showed the level of loyalty of his old war friend to this motley arrangement of sentients. And that...that gave him pause. Hurting or deceiving the crew, could have severe ramifications on their relationship...[/narration:20e4n4a1]

[action:20e4n4a1]The thought came, the thought passed; it was weighed and evaluated.[/action:20e4n4a1]

[narration:20e4n4a1]He had waited two hundred years to have a normal life. To stop being this...this SHELL. He would hurt who he had to...

Or kill. If necessary.

No matter; surely it wouldn't come to that.[/narration:20e4n4a1]

[action:20e4n4a1]With an amicable smile, Dante nodded at Fel's words, and turned away, walking back through the hallway.[/action:20e4n4a1]

Affiliation:

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:26 pm

[action:2bdzapul]The couch was relaxing - he had arrived not moments ago after walking down the hallway, his talk with Fel (or rather, one sided conversation) revealing quite a bit about his overall mentality. Peace and quiet...finally. No annoying humans. No more human stink...no disgustingly pale skin...no more -[/action:2bdzapul]

[quote="Karana Malora":2bdzapul][color=#00BFFF:2bdzapul]├óÔé¼┼ôI├óÔé¼Ôäóm here to peacefully observe you, determine whether you├óÔé¼Ôäóre cool or uncool, sane or insane, tree-hugger or psychopathic axe murderer, and then figure out your angle. You know. Get to know you. Build a profile, figure Sithspit out, because let├óÔé¼Ôäós face it,├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:2bdzapul] she drawled with a smirk, waving her lollipop around, [color=#00BFFF:2bdzapul]├óÔé¼┼ô[i:2bdzapul]everyone├óÔé¼Ôäós[/i:2bdzapul] got an angle, especially in my line of work. SO.├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:2bdzapul] At this, Malora abruptly leaned forward, smacking her hands on the table for emphasis. Spinning the datapad, she tossed it onto the surface and nodded at it. [color=#00BFFF:2bdzapul]├óÔé¼┼ôYou could either spill your guts right now and give me every bit of info I need to do my job, answer [i:2bdzapul]all[/i:2bdzapul] my questions, etc. Or,├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:2bdzapul] she said, reaching into her top and retrieving the crumpled candy wrapper. The trouble maker pinched the waxy paper into a small ball and set it carefully in front of her. Malora raised one eyebrow slightly, the rest of her face serious. [color=#00BFFF:2bdzapul]├óÔé¼┼ô├óÔé¼┬ª...we could play table hockey.├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:2bdzapul]

She paused, watching him.

[color=#00BFFF:2bdzapul]├óÔé¼┼ôYour paths have been laid before you, dude. Please note that my paper ball-flicking skills are just as good as my blaster-shooting skills. You have been warned. Choose wisely,├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:2bdzapul] she added sagely, cocking her head ever so slightly. Maybe he├óÔé¼Ôäód think she was nuts, maybe not. Very few people understood Malora├óÔé¼Ôäós sometimes absurd sense of humor and wacky banter. That├óÔé¼Ôäós probably why she├óÔé¼Ôäód liked Mack Revette so much. He ├óÔé¼╦£got it├óÔé¼Ôäó. And he was chronically insane, so what did that say about her, she wondered?[/quote:2bdzapul]

[narration:2bdzapul]...Was this really happening? Not one second peace and quiet? He missed his quiet apartment in the underworld; despite the stinking mold, the constant dripping faucet, the flickering lights, the complete absence of furniture - and the only bed to speak of being a bare and bug filled mattress on the ground...

Despite all that, he found it far more appealing than sitting and talking with a HUMAN. A female at that.[/narration:2bdzapul]

[action:2bdzapul]It wasn't that his species was particularly racist...they just saw themselves as naturally superior in every conceivable way to humans; nothing personal. Where humans had gone off and interbred with numerous species, Firrerreo had stayed genetically pure and superior. Where humans had spread across the entirety of the galaxy, fornicating like rabbits, Firrerreo had stayed on their home world, developing art and culture. Throw in the fact that it was a human empire solely responsible for destroying his race (Hethrir was just a pawn), that it was human pilots that spread blackness and death across his planet - well, it didn't enamor you to the race very much. Especially when you couldn't go more than a hundred feet in any direction without running into one.[/action:2bdzapul]

[narration:2bdzapul]His face remained passive, his exterior stoic, not a muscle twitched, not a flicker through the force. Inside, he wanted to stab her in the throat, and shove her out the airlock.[/narration:2bdzapul]

[action:2bdzapul]A long silence passed, Dante's head remaining leaned back against the couch, eyes closed. He let his irritation die, before slowly opening his eyes and looking at the woman.[/action:2bdzapul]

"Find the artifact, kill or otherwise eliminate anyone who gets in my way, go home."

[action:2bdzapul]Walking into the hallway, Dante keyed the lift, stepping inside, he stepped out one the first deck, and entered the flight deck. As he entered he caught the tail end of a word "Depot". A depot? Interesting. Which reminded him...where were they? He waited patiently, taking a seat out of the way, and letting the two speak their peace.[/action:2bdzapul]

Affiliation:

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:35 pm

[quote="Galdaart Fel":2okzy074][narration:2okzy074]Fel cocked an eyebrow at the stranger in a quizzical manner, before his features dissolved into a wide grin, in spite of himself.[/narration:2okzy074] I've been doused in Jekk gore and up to my synth-eyeball in grime until half an hour ago, and You're worried about a little sweat? pfft... [action:2okzy074]gesturing for Darklighter to follow[/action:2okzy074] c'mon, Wizard. I need the contents of your brain with me on the flight deck. I'm sure I can stand your stench for five minutes...[/quote:2okzy074]

[narration:2okzy074]Seros chocked a smirk at Fel's response. 'Wizard,' huh? The instance of name-calling in regard to his Force sensitivity seemed almost hypocritical. At first, Seros might have questioned whether it was really him that made an attempt on Kaali's ship with the aid of the Force...

...but having considered the fact that this very man was the one who piloted that more-than-half wrecked freighter into the Loronar by barn swallow, the evidence seemed pretty conclusive. It was likely Fel had NO clue at all. But as Seros surmised before...[/narration:2okzy074]

[color=#00BF80:2okzy074][i:2okzy074]...It wasn't any of his business.[/i:2okzy074][/color:2okzy074]

[quote="Dante the Deceiver":2okzy074][action:2okzy074]Turning the corner to the entry way, Dante popped his head into the room.[/action:2okzy074]

"Captain Fel. I just received word...my package is at the edge of the system; it will be within retrieval range in five minutes. I urge for...promptness...in retrieving it."

[action:2okzy074]As he spoke, he eyed the force user across the room...memorizing the face to the name. Turning away, Dante walked back down the hall to the open passenger seating. Against a wall, he spied a large semicircular couch; and walking over to it, took a seat...[/action:2okzy074][/quote:2okzy074]

[color=#00BF80:2okzy074][i:2okzy074]Now who...was this? Palish blue skin, shimmery iridescent hair, graceful disposition. Seros could pick an Omwati out a mile away. And the way he came across in concerns to his naturally 'urgent' request (if one could call it that) spoke true of their rather particular nature. But...something..

--...something didn't seem right; but he couldn't pinpoint the tip of it; however, once Fel mentioned the blue-skinned passenger's name...[/i:2okzy074][/color:2okzy074]

[quote="Galdaart Fel":2okzy074]Y'know, [b:2okzy074][i:2okzy074][u:2okzy074][color=#FF0000:2okzy074]Dante[/color:2okzy074][/u:2okzy074][/i:2okzy074][/b:2okzy074]... [action:2okzy074]Fel placed extra emphasis on the name, letting Demici know he wasn't as much of a phantom as he once thought[/action:2okzy074] I've known a few women in my life... most of them had "urges," too. Nothing but trouble if you ask me. *pause* We'll pick up your little package. But I've gotta tell you, there are others on my boat that have needs. There are things we need to accomplish so that we can be at our best for your mission... look, if you've got a comm freq we should be scanning to pick up incoming transmissions, why don't you join me on the bridge in ten or fifteen minutes -- we'll sort this out.[/quote:2okzy074]

[color=#00BF80:2okzy074][i:2okzy074]Seros' brow crinched a smidge, but promptly tucked his curious expression away.[/i:2okzy074][/color:2okzy074]
[color=#008080:2okzy074][i:2okzy074]"..'Dante'? ...That's not an Omwati name by a longshot."[/i:2okzy074][/color:2okzy074]

[color=#00BF80:2okzy074][i:2okzy074]It wouldn't roll of the Omwati tongue with as much grace as the species boasted. 'Dante' might have been a name used in other lavish cultures and more prestigious communities, maybe on Chandrilla or Serreno. It was too solid and strong. Omwati names flows off ANYONE'S tongue, more euphonic, soft, and light, like their voi--.[/i:2okzy074][/color:2okzy074]

[color=#008080:2okzy074][i:2okzy074]"..Oh boy..."[/i:2okzy074][/color:2okzy074]
[action:2okzy074]Seros covered any telling expression or posture that he was deducting Dante's person by innocently looking to the floor and catching beads of sweat threatening to drop off his nose and chin with a rub of his hand, clearing his throat and putting said hand on hip, as his other hand was holding his belongings. He was eager to comply with Fel's head gesture to enter the lift, turning his scarred and bruised back to Dante.[/action:2okzy074]

[quote="Galdaart Fel":2okzy074][narration:2okzy074]With that, and a curt nod, Fel turned back to Seros, and with an inclination of his head that said 'come with me,' they departed for the flight deck, leaving Dante in the doorway of the passenger lounge.

The trip to the bridge was quick, but silent.[/narration:2okzy074][/quote:2okzy074]
[color=#00BF80:2okzy074][i:2okzy074]It was a short trip, and very silent, but Seros' mind was travelling parsecs at a time.

Dedicated years to studying alien anatomy and distinctions pays off. Seros had met two Omwati delegates before on an urgent visit assigned my his masters in response to a distress call. A key delegate in a tribunal debate had been poisoned, and Seros was the one they sent due to his xenobiological knowledge. Having treated the delegate and exposing the culprit, Seros had gotten a decent taste of their nature.

This 'Dante's' voice had the debonair, sure. But not the pitch. It was a tinge too deep.
Although...Seros, always needing 'hard' conclusive evidence, tucked that bit away for now, or possibly indefinitely. He was trying to steer clear of trouble for the time being, and get some solace to continue his research. Having enough matters to attend to of his own, he didn't want anything or anyone else poking and prodding around his own issues. And Seros gave 'Dante' that benefit of a doubt.

Still, that inquisitive glance Dante gave towards Seros before the lift door closed didn't bade well...[/i:2okzy074][/color:2okzy074]
[narration:2okzy074]His musings were cut short by Fel's inevitable question.[/narration:2okzy074]

[quote="Galdaart Fel":2okzy074]So, where's this repair depot?[/quote:2okzy074]

[color=#00BF80:2okzy074][i:2okzy074]Cold, dark void. They weren't facing the asteroid field. Prereq one. Well...the only prereq to finding it.[/i:2okzy074][/color:2okzy074]
[action:2okzy074]Seros spoke softly, as they were in a more enclosed room, free of the constant whirring and humming of the ships engines and generators back in the main holds and cabins.[/action:2okzy074]
"Steer her about to face the field, aaand she should beeee..."
[color=#00BF80:2okzy074][i:2okzy074]Seros watched the star field fling toward the right side of the viewport as Fel veered the craft to port until the asteroid field's expanse stretched from one side of the viewport to the other. Seros placed his rolled up robes down next to the co-pilot seat as he sat down, and stretched out his arm in front of Fel, pointing to the sole lucrehulk just to the left of the front center of the massive belt.[/i:2okzy074][/color:2okzy074] "Right there. The Independence."

[narration:2okzy074]Seros further explained as he sank back into the seat, almost leisurely.[/narration:2okzy074]
"He moves about from time to time, inconsistantly, not staying in the same place for too long." [color=#00BF80:2okzy074][i:2okzy074]Seros peered out the bridge to the bulbous capital ship, customly refitted with aftermarket guns and shielding, thinking back when he first met Oz.[/i:2okzy074][/color:2okzy074] "He's a bit..skiddish, for lack of a better word."

Affiliation:

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:35 pm

*Fel sank into the pilot's seat of the Loronar, passing hands over the console before him. screens came to life, and there appeared three different views of the Lucrehulk before him, including a tactical readout on the holo-viewer. The spacer let a low whistle escape his lips -- to him, the Loronar was massive, but that Lucrehulk? that was something else entirely.* *turning to Seros*

You say this spacer works alone? Lives off the path? And he runs that? *pointing to the saucer-shaped cruiser*

*Fel punched in several commands, running sensor sweeps and cataloging information on the ships' modifications and general stats. He'd never been aboard a relic like that (though plenty of other relics...) but he was relieved that he didn't have to navigate the Loronar through the asteroid field. Everything else was icing on the cake. Fel glanced at Seros once more, his brow raised in a questioning manner.*

You realize he's been looking at us a lot longer than we've been looking at him. Sensors on this tub ain't half what they ought to be. Likelihood that he knows what we are and what our capabilities are is better than average. Fairly good odds that if he felt like vaping us for looking at him sideways, we'd be a burnt-out husk faster than you could say 'poodoo.' Tell me again why I should trust this guy, and how you came to make his acquaintance?

*Fel flipped a couple of switches, and craned a microphone stalk in the general direction of his face.*

:: Independence, this is... *realizing he'd never referred to the Loronar by name before* uh... this is the 'Red Cred.' 2-0 mikes and T-Plus 70,000 meters off your Starboard bow. Galdaart Fel commanding. We're looking for repairs and dock. Any chance you'd roll out the red carpet? ::

*Flipping the transmitter off, Galdaart leaned back in his chair, lacing his fingers behind his head and taking in the form of Seros Darklighter, peering at the massive ship out the panoramic viewports. There was a silence that said Darklighter was thinking of something far away, and at that moment - though he normally wasn't so intuitive - Fel would've bet his last credit it was a woman.*

So who is she, Seros? I always thought Jedi weren't supposed to indulge in their desires...

Affiliation:

Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:01 pm

[quote="Galdaart Fel":2h29znop]You say this spacer works alone? Lives off the path? And he runs that? [action:2h29znop]pointing to the saucer-shaped cruiser[/action:2h29znop][/quote:2h29znop]

[color=#00BF80:2h29znop][i:2h29znop]Seros thought for a moment, recollecting what he had and hadn't told Fel about Oz, his look of puzzlement not being the least bit hidden.[/i:2h29znop][/color:2h29znop] "I never said he was alone. He's got people he trusts helping him run it." [action:2h29znop]he indicated to the Independence.[/action:2h29znop] "It's practically a mobile arcology. A knit community of entrepreneurs and marketers for things and gadgets you can't find most places."

[quote="Galdaart Fel":2h29znop]You realize he's been looking at us a lot longer than we've been looking at him. Sensors on this tub ain't half what they ought to be. Likelihood that he knows what we are and what our capabilities are is better than average. Fairly good odds that if he felt like vaping us for looking at him sideways, we'd be a burnt-out husk faster than you could say 'poodoo.' Tell me again why I should trust this guy, and how you came to make his acquaintance?[/quote:2h29znop]

[color=#00BF80:2h29znop][i:2h29znop]Seros sat silent for a moment, observing how EVERYONE familiar with this particular part of space seemed to be...'skiddish,' in one form or another. Couldn't blame them, though.[/i:2h29znop][/color:2h29znop]

[action:2h29znop]He rotated his seat to face Fel squarely, sinking into a bit of a leisurely slouch.[/action:2h29znop]
"Oz may be skittish and wary, but I wouldn't have told complete strangers hosting my stay on their vessel to jump to a hostile contact with me on board. And my presence here is the only way you'd get on board that hulk."

[narration:2h29znop]Seros nudged the toe of his boot against the floor, rotating to face the viewport, looking to the Independence, conjuring his memories of when him and Oz first met.[/narration:2h29znop]

"We met on Malastare. I was on enrolled in an internship for my xenobiology degree. Had some down time, so I hit up the podraces, naturally. Oz was there as well, although he was conducting some sort of business transaction with a client for some work he had done. Client suddenly made claims it wasn't what he wanted, even though Oz bent his back and gave him more than asked for to guarentee satisfaction." [action:2h29znop]Seros glazed over the small details, trying to breeze through his account as to not make Fel impatient.[/action:2h29znop] "Threats were made, comments were said" [action:2h29znop]a tinge of annoyance laced his voice, implying Oz contributed to the ordeal,[/action:2h29znop] "..and Oz was pursued, right in front of me. He was unarmed, the client and his two henchmen were. I made a choice and helped him."

[narration:2h29znop]He pulled out his datapad from his rolled up robes on the floor.[/narration:2h29znop] "This datapad was what he worked on for that client, and he gave it to me as recompense. Asked me where my saber was, and I told him I never carried one. So, as to not lose a business venture [i:2h29znop]completely,[/i:2h29znop] he gave me his jump schedule and coordinates in the datapad, along with future business to aid in my...survival with such '[i:2h29znop]primitive[/i:2h29znop] means of combat', as he put it." [narration:2h29znop]Seros recalled Oz's humorous comments of the Jedi Order training barbarians, but he saved that part for his own amusement.[/narration:2h29znop]

[color=#00BF80:2h29znop][i:2h29znop]Turning again to Fel.[/i:2h29znop][/color:2h29znop]
"Oz may not have the 'best' judgment of character at times, but his intentions are pure, I can assure you. And he takes pride in his work." [color=#00BF80:2h29znop][i:2h29znop]He paused, and chocked a bewitting smile.[/i:2h29znop][/color:2h29znop] "..Almost a bit [i:2h29znop]too[/i:2h29znop] much pride, at times."

[quote="Galdaart Fel":2h29znop][narration:2h29znop]Fel flipped a couple of switches, and craned a microphone stalk in the general direction of his face.[/narration:2h29znop]

[comlink:2h29znop]Independence, this is... [action:2h29znop]realizing he'd never referred to the Loronar by name before[/action:2h29znop] uh... this is the 'Red Cred.' 2-0 mikes and T-Plus 70,000 meters off your Starboard bow. Galdaart Fel commanding. We're looking for repairs and dock. Any chance you'd roll out the red carpet?[/comlink:2h29znop][/quote:2h29znop]

[color=#00BF80:2h29znop][i:2h29znop]Seros almost blurted out an interjection to Fel's initial attempt at first contact, telling him to leave the introduction completely to him...but this would give Seros an opportunity to see how Oz would respond. Seros knew Oz had a direct interface link for the lucrehulk's comm and tactical systems on his person. It was part of his technological savvy. Seros would chime in when needed.

..He also kept silent, because he was thinking about Kaali, and how they would react when they met.[/i:2h29znop][/color:2h29znop]

[quote="Galdaart Fel":2h29znop][narration:2h29znop]Flipping the transmitter off, Galdaart leaned back in his chair, lacing his fingers behind his head and taking in the form of Seros Darklighter, peering at the massive ship out the panoramic viewports. There was a silence that said Darklighter was thinking of something far away, and at that moment - though he normally wasn't so intuitive - Fel would've bet his last credit it was a woman.[/narration:2h29znop]

So who is she, Seros? I always thought Jedi weren't supposed to indulge in their desires...[/quote:2h29znop]

[narration:2h29znop]The question was aptly, and oh so eerily timed. Seros' heart squirmed about in his chest, creating a physical feeling of a slight burning discomfort. Seros could never have been sure, and still is not sure to this day, whether that was simple in-depth human intuition, or a revelation revealed by the Force itself. But, regardless, the question was asked, and Seros could deny it...but then he thought of what good that would really do.[/narration:2h29znop]

[action:2h29znop]Seros leaned back in the chair, letting the top of his bald head hit the head rest as he looked to the ceiling, letting out a sigh that indicated he was about to divulge the details.[/action:2h29znop]

"Guess there's no harm in telling you I'm actually apart from the Order." [color=#00BF80:2h29znop][i:2h29znop]he spoke again, quickly, interrupting the thoughts he knew Fel was having, still looking to the ceiling.[/i:2h29znop][/color:2h29znop] "Don't get your briefs bunched up. I wasn't kicked out. It was a...mutual agreement, as it were." [color=#00BF80:2h29znop][i:2h29znop]looking to the controls in front of them, no particular direction.[/i:2h29znop][/color:2h29znop] "I hold some..contraversial views on things, like most people around 'here' do" [action:2h29znop]he made an indicating gesture to the starfield and Skips before them.[/action:2h29znop] "..guess I didn't fit in."

"In terms of a woman.." [action:2h29znop]he looked Fel straight in the eye, and chocked an amused smirk.[/action:2h29znop] "..when you're apart from the Order, I suppose all bets are off."

Affiliation:

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:32 am

[quote:21xbmd53]"I never said he was alone. He's got people he trusts helping him run it."[/quote:21xbmd53]

[narration:21xbmd53]Fel took in all that his guest was saying. So the man wasn't alone -- had a group working for him. Could be ten, could be two thousand, size of that cruiser. And he was 'skittish.' Could mean an itchy trigger finger. Could mean he was on the spice. Hell -- could mean he just plain didn't trust outsiders. Skittish could mean a lot of things.[/narration:21xbmd53]

I can deal with all forms of Skittish. One way or another.

[narration:21xbmd53]Fel busied himself with preparing the Loronar to get underway. There was far more to do than aboard the UA. For a few moments he was up, moving to several stations around the flight deck, activating running lights, inertial dampers, grav compensators and maneuvering thrusters, all of which were unnecessary in hyperspace. Sitting back down at the pilots' station, he activated the manual controls, and brought the ship about to face the bow of the lucrehulk, and tapped a little forward thrust. Enough to get them moving, but not so much that they'd seem to be approaching in an aggressive manner.[/narration:21xbmd53]

[quote:21xbmd53]"Guess there's no harm in telling you I'm actually apart from the Order." [narration:21xbmd53]he spoke again, quickly, interrupting the thoughts he knew Fel was having, still looking to the ceiling.[/narration:21xbmd53] "Don't get your briefs bunched up. I wasn't kicked out. It was a...mutual agreement, as it were." [narration:21xbmd53]looking to the controls in front of them, no particular direction.[/narration:21xbmd53] "I hold some..contraversial views on things, like most people around 'here' do" [narration:21xbmd53]he made an indicating gesture to the starfield and Skips before them.[/narration:21xbmd53] "..guess I didn't fit in... In terms of a woman.." [narration:21xbmd53]he looked Fel straight in the eye, and chocked an amused smirk.[/narration:21xbmd53] "..when you're apart from the Order, I suppose all bets are off."[/quote:21xbmd53]

[narration:21xbmd53]Watching the lucrehulk loom larger in the viewport and awaiting the reply of her owner, Fel put his feet up on the console, his boot-heels coming to rest close to a small picture of Malora he had stuck next to the long range scan display. Hearing the man unravel some of his history, Fel nodded, and smiled knowingly. Even if facts were glossed over or omitted for brevity or secrecy, enough was said. The older pilot spoke easily, honestly. Just two guys discussing the perils of life.[/narration:21xbmd53]

Fact is, Seros -- better for me and mine that you're apart from the order. Easier to fly under the radar when there isn't a massive bureaucracy keeping tabs on you. And as for having controversial ideas-- [color=#0080FF:21xbmd53]In his mind's eye, he was back behind the controls of his TIE/IN, cramped in the cockpit, smelling the lubricating oil and feeling the thrum of the engines through his spine, his gloved hands tightening on the trigger, the lances of laser-fire finding their target -- his wing-man. Then another, his #3, and still another, his #5, before the fire, the fire...[/color:21xbmd53] [action:21xbmd53]He snapped back to the present, a momentary widening of the eyes and quickening of the pulse the only indication he'd been elsewhere, and his gaze focused on the small, creased picture of Malora[/action:21xbmd53] --I completely understand all bets being off.

Affiliation:

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:00 pm

[quote="Galdaart Fel":p1ste7sk]Fact is, Seros -- better for me and mine that you're apart from the order. Easier to fly under the radar when there isn't a massive bureaucracy keeping tabs on you. And as for having controversial ideas-- [color=#0080FF:p1ste7sk]In his mind's eye, he was back behind the controls of his TIE/IN, cramped in the cockpit, smelling the lubricating oil and feeling the thrum of the engines through his spine, his gloved hands tightening on the trigger, the lances of laser-fire finding their target -- his wing-man. Then another, his #3, and still another, his #5, before the fire, the fire...[/color:p1ste7sk] [action:p1ste7sk]He snapped back to the present, a momentary widening of the eyes and quickening of the pulse the only indication he'd been elsewhere, and his gaze focused on the small, creased picture of Malora[/action:p1ste7sk] --I completely understand all bets being off.[/quote:p1ste7sk]

[color=#00BF80:p1ste7sk][i:p1ste7sk]'Under the radar.' Seros couldn't have picked a better window than Wade to get off Coruscant and away from criminals chasing him. And the confusion of the jekk hid his escape quite nicely, although it cost his liaison's life.

Which brought Seros to a question he'd been needing to ask..someone. He was a xenobiologist, and those were things he'd never seen before. He stroked his stubbly chin and cheek with his fingers.[/i:p1ste7sk][/color:p1ste7sk] "..If you don't mind my asking..what [i:p1ste7sk]'were'[/i:p1ste7sk] those creatures back on Cor?" [color=#00BF80:p1ste7sk][i:p1ste7sk]a moment of still silence passed as Fel continued to look at a creased picture of a woman Seros couldn't pick out from where he was in the room. Fel's back still towards him, probably being lost in his own thoughts.[/i:p1ste7sk][/color:p1ste7sk] "[i:p1ste7sk]Jekk[/i:p1ste7sk], I believe I heard someone call them? I've never seen anything like them before in my studies. The ground beasts were immune to Force influence, while the flyers weren't. No two looked the exact same in frame or bone structure. If I had to guess..." [action:p1ste7sk]he paused as he practically thought aloud,[/action:p1ste7sk] "..some kind of....experiment gone wrong, perhaps?"

[color=#00BF80:p1ste7sk][i:p1ste7sk]He looked past the floor between Fel and himself, trying to delve into the mystery himself even before the captain spoke.[/i:p1ste7sk][/color:p1ste7sk]

Affiliation:

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:58 pm

*Fel nodded solemnly, still preferring to watch the asteroids on their random courses in the distance, and closer, the Independence. Seros had hit the nail on the head. He had to hand it to him.* Yeah... 'science.' One of your brethren, I'm sorry to say. Evil as the three suns are bright. Name of Galen. He makes them, in some lab in the fires of the dark pit. *waving off the question hanging on Seros' lips* Believe me, if I knew where, he'd be a dead man. *a pause...* Instead, he hunts us. He sends those damnable things after us whenever he needs a laugh, it seems. Seen more of 'em, killed more of 'em than I care to. Lost more than one good person to those da-shiang bao-tza shr duh lah doo-tze -- and the worst part is, I know I will again. Just a matter of who, and when.

*Abruptly, Fel changes the subject. Clearly, the Jekk don't conjure up the warm fuzzies with the spacer.*

This nemoidian going to answer us, or am going to have to park outside his living-room window and honk?

Affiliation:

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:34 pm

[color=#008080:l26m1k2v][i:l26m1k2v]"..'Galen.'"[/i:l26m1k2v][/color:l26m1k2v]
"..Doesn't ring a bell." [action:l26m1k2v]he shook his head.[/action:l26m1k2v]

[color=#00BF80:l26m1k2v][i:l26m1k2v]He wanted to ask why they were being hunted, but Fel had made an obvious change of subject, not feeling the need to divulge details to someone whom he figured was just along for the ride off Coruscant.[/i:l26m1k2v][/color:l26m1k2v]

[quote="Galdaart Fel":l26m1k2v]This nemoidian going to answer us, or am going to have to park outside his living-room window and honk?[/quote:l26m1k2v]

[color=#00BF80:l26m1k2v][i:l26m1k2v]Seros huffed a muffled laugh.[/i:l26m1k2v][/color:l26m1k2v] "Hehe! S'alright, I'm sure he's pre-oocupied with another technological breakthrough of sorts." [action:l26m1k2v]he stood up and leaned forward, extending his hand to the console in front of Fel, and pressed the comm button himself.[/action:l26m1k2v] "If I may.."

[comlink:l26m1k2v]Loronar Medium Transport 'Red Cred' to Independence. This is 'Barbarian' to 'Mainframe.'[/comlink:l26m1k2v] [color=#00BF80:l26m1k2v][i:l26m1k2v](nickname Seros gave Oz because of his smarts)[/i:l26m1k2v][/color:l26m1k2v] [comlink:l26m1k2v]Oz, ol' boy, you read me?[/comlink:l26m1k2v]

[narration:l26m1k2v]It was a greeting Seros knew that Oz would use to deduct exactly who he was without giving out too much detail. Criminals make trips to these parts, too. Don't want the wrong ears hearing by chance.[/narration:l26m1k2v]
PreviousNext

Return to Smuggler's Run