If you are reading this topic, then you are either a new player to the site or a veteran. The fact remains that no matter how long you remain on this site, the rules are constantly changing and updating to better meet the needs of all the players. Be it rules on science, the economy, fair play, or whether your ship can haz those lazers and go pew pew: this will be an acting directory with an increased effort to ease the pain of the ever increasing, and much needed, regulations, hows to's, and frequently asked questions. The format of this is that we will link the page and then give a small bit of information about the page. The rest of the reading will be up to you as a writer of this site.
General Guidelines for Character Creation and Stories
- A how to on character creation: Sometimes even the profile can be difficult to manage. Here is a page describing all the little bits of it.
- A how to on story line classes:Here on JvS, we have different levels of story telling that will dictate the rules you must follow. Click here to learn more.
General rules, or what we call Natural Laws
- General Rules: The most general of rules to the site that covers out of character and in character conduct.
- The Traffic Light System:Here at JvS, we feel that you as a writer have the right to dictate what can and cannot happen to your player. Read more on this to understand the consequences of your actions and general protection your character has from "Random Explosions."
- Rules regarding multiple accounts: You may create as many characters as you would like but the interactions and effects on factions are limited.
- Fleet Types, Sizes, Substitutions, and Allowances: You are allowed your own fleet but with limits. This page lists the restrictions on naval/space fleets.
- Ground Troop Allowance: The troops you carry and the fleets you have are currently separate. Click here to find out the limits for ground troops.
- Groups and factions: You are your friends want to get together and make a faction? Click here to find out how.
- Super Star Destroyer Clarification: Got a faction going? Click here to see if you qualify for the big guns (faction bonus).
- Location ownership: Click here to learn all about controlling your own planet!
- Planetary Allowances: Control a planet? See what sort of toys you are rewarded with.
- Filtered Words: We make attempts to be as user friendly as possible. This is a list of words that are filtered when the profile is set to enable censor. User discretion is advised.
- General miscellaneous science based rules: Just some stuff about Yuuzhan Vong. Click here to learn more.
- Reporting Infractions and Punitive Measures: Someone violating the rules of the site in an rp that you are specifically involved in? Please click here to report to the administration of the site. However, before you do this, please take the time to read this guide on solving problems without administration involvement.
- Consult the Whills: If you need anything done, admin requests, faction requests, etc., please use the appropriate forum listed in the link.
Do you control a planet or want to invade one? Has your character died?
- The Traveler's Guide: A system for detailing your planet and improving your planets rank. This forum includes how to opt in, scanning, what the ranks mean, and what is awarded for each rank.
- Planetary Ownership and location defense: A FAQ formatted guide detailing the importance of presence on a how a planet and how it impacts you as a planetary defender. Here is a rudimentary guide to planetary defense.
- Invading a planet!: Get you and your buddies together and take that planet back from those evil, and oppressive, rebel scum!
- The Netherworld, death, and force ghosts: It can be tough to go it alone in the netherworld. Take this with you and learn about it's secrets.
- JvS Slang: A scruffy looking nerf herders guide to all the weird abbreviations people use on this site.
Other important Stuff:
- The Players Guild: The Players Guild is a specific, and unique, portion of the site where players have developed a code of conduct and directly impact the quality of role play on the site. This link links to all the different portions of the players guild. If you wish to join the guild, just go through your profile and look towards the usergroups and request to join. You will, of course, be expected to hold up all portions of the code of conduct.
- New Players forum: A largely player run portion of the site where site veterans help new players learn the ins and outs of the site and roleplayer conduct. The Guardian Angels are a group of individuals that have explicitly dictated their desire to assist new players with site navigation. These are the unsung heroes of the site. Please private message these individuals if you are in need of assistance on the site.
- Galactic Battle Arena: Come here to test your fighting ability against the best of the universe. Take note that the rules of the GBA and the rules of the universe and the GBA does not affect your character's standing in the universe.
- Journal of the Whills: Want to write a story but you just can't seem to figure out where in the universe it is? Or perhaps you want to experiment with a new writing style or new character. This is the place for you.
- Holonet News Network: The single most powerful news agency in the galaxy. Post advertisements for your faction or business, apply for a position on the news staff, or just enjoy a cup of caf while you read the monthly edition.
- JvS RP: Do you have an idea for a new epic story line you wanna pitch? Or maybe you are looking for a few good arkanians to join your faction? Or maybe you are just looking for you place in the universe. Come here and post whatever you like so long as it has to do with JvS and roleplaying.
- Star Wars: This is the place to go to chat about anything star wars related. Happy about George Lucas selling off Star Wars? Can't wait to see a new star wars free of Jar Jar Binks? Anything goes as long as it's about star wars (and falls within the natural laws).
- Non Star Wars: Truly the be all, end all, topic for random and fun posts outside the topic of Star Wars.
Player based regulations via the Guild - You can check the Players Guild Newsletter for monthly updates on current discussion and new regulations.
~Universal Players Guild Council Topics~
- Approved Non-Canon Force Powers: Secondary Link with conversations about the powers.
- Restricted Lightsaber Crystals
- Rare Metal and Related Regulations
- Restricted Species use
- Shape Shifting
- Regulation of Canon Force Powers
- Spirit Transference and Cloning
- Force Blade Sword/Sith Sword Regulation
- Economic Roleplay Guideline
- Business Transaction Guidelines
- Credit Caps per faction and per person
- Droid Construction Times
- Prohibited Businesses
- Ship prices and construction time guidelines
Reason: Updated January 4th, 2012