Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Skip 1

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Re: Skip 1

[quote="Anna":3r9hqcwo][color=#FF40BF:3r9hqcwo][size=50:3r9hqcwo]Images. Anna saw through the eyes of the man she was connected to. It was strange seeing through another's, physical eyes. For a moment, she just reveled in the feeling of being able to see normally again. For a moment, she almost lost her hold on Fate, on the vision, on what she was trying to find.

But Anna snapped back quickly.

Another image. Anna even winced at the look of the battered and beaten woman the medics brought in. Ne'aol's emotions toward her washed over Anna and if the girl could cry, she might have. She watched the life return to the woman's body, she felt the spark flare up again the shell of a person, transforming it into a living being again.

And here was how Fate would punish her.

Small machines sipped through the woman's body, and what was what they could see, but suddenly, Anna began to [i:3r9hqcwo]feel[/i:3r9hqcwo] the agony the center of Ne'aol's concentration was going through. It, frankly, wasn't anything worse than what Legion put her though, but rather than having one dark entity squirming through her mind, she felt like she had thousands upon thousands of small creatures coursing through her blood stream. Subconsciously her grip on the man's face tightened and she threw back her head, a cry of pain issuing forth from her lips.

And that wasn't all.
[/size:3r9hqcwo]
Because their minds were linked, Ne'aol would be hard pressed not to feel the same thing Anna was feeling, the same thing he was watching. The ripping, burning sensation of one's body being reconstructed from the inside out. It would certainly not be a pleasant feeling.[/color:3r9hqcwo][/quote:3r9hqcwo]

[narration:3r9hqcwo]It was the most curious sensation. At first it wasnt too bad, intriguing with a slight bite to it. Bearable really. But that soon turned to anguish and then everything went black...[/narration:3r9hqcwo]

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:08 pm

[quote="Anna":1lgzz3tb][color=#FF40BF:1lgzz3tb][size=50:1lgzz3tb]With force of sheer will Anna ripped her hand away from the man and leaped away from him, falling to her knees and lowering her head. Where the images and feelings would probably leave Ne'aol's mind and body, they would only repeat and intensify within the Seer's. She attempted to order her mind, to expel Fate's influence from it completely. Blood pumped through her vanes. Her heart rate had skyrocketed. She reached inside her vest and clasped the dark, accursed dagger in her hand. With trembling, she allowed its tainted edge to split her skin near her wrist. Dark, crimson blood oozed from the small, but still present wound. Almost instantly the young Seer relaxed her shoulders. The vision was broken. Phantom agony was shattered by real pain.

With quick motions, she slipped the blade away, its black sith markings now glowing crimson with pleasure at what had just taken place. She shivered slightly, shaking her head and standing to her feet. From her tightened, concentrated expression, came a meek, timid mask that covered her face, and her voice matched it.[/color:1lgzz3tb]

I'm.... I'm so sorry.

[color=#FF40BF:1lgzz3tb]She looked down at the small cut she had inflicted on herself, and clasped it in her other hand.[/color:1lgzz3tb]

I never know what will happen. I just know that I can find your missing person.

[color=#FF40BF:1lgzz3tb]She looked up at him, the blind fold over her eyes, covering a good portion of her expression from Ne'aol's perception.[/color:1lgzz3tb][/size:1lgzz3tb]

I mean...If you still want me to look...

[color=#FF40BF:1lgzz3tb]Oh, he'd cast her away for sure, Tell her he never wanted to see a creature like her again. She was ready for that, she supposed. And so, rather timidly, she stood there, awaiting his answer, his reaction. [/color:1lgzz3tb][/quote:1lgzz3tb]

[narration:1lgzz3tb]It was in that instant that I - Hugr - took over his mind. We were still cautious of this man's mind, fearful that he would one day destroy himself due to the memories locked away deep down. Looking up at the young girl I force a smile, unnatural to me seeing as I don't normally have access to a mouth[/narration:1lgzz3tb]

[color=#0080FF:1lgzz3tb]Of course. Please continue Anna. I will... manage the difficulties ahead[/color:1lgzz3tb]

[narration:1lgzz3tb]I knew what it was doing to her. I reveled in it actually as I normally do in such situations. Right now I was so close to her I could sense her anguish and deep down inside I couldn't wait to feel it first hand. To be honest I wasn't sure how much of it she could take. This was an experiment for me. This time I would take from her whatever pain she felt and see how long she could hold on.

Joy. Elation.[/narration:1lgzz3tb]

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Anna paused for a moment. Something had just happened. A surge of force energy had just rippled around them. Perhaps it was this man's way of dealing with the Agony she'd caused him. Lowering her expression she nodded.

Alright....

She sighed, and then sat on the ground, still quavering from the pain she'd put herself through. Muttering something under her breath, probably to the unseen entity Fate, she lowered her head, now knowing the identity of the woman she was looking for.

And so, she opened her mind to the all seeing eye of the force, and let it radiate out from her in slow, even, rippling strands. The waves of searching energy were powerful at their center. They would reach far, farther than most practiced masters in the art. But what Anna would find...would confuse her. Two directions, millions of miles apart. Suddenly the Seer jerked her head up and tilted her head.

She's... uh... well, She's in two places....

She said in a confused voice.

But, one's much closer than the other.....

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:34 am

*Even as she looked up at me I was able to see what she saw. I held open the curtains far enough for us both to witness and for me it too was an experience*

Yes... Yes I can feel it.

*A grin crossed my lips as I too could see where the lady De'ath was. Here on this station. As I looked around I could not help but feel elation, a feeling that would have been passed along to the young woman Anna. It was pure, unadulterated pleasure and I reveled in it*

Do you feel that? Anna do you know this feeling?

*I looked down at her with a grin. I wondered if this was easy for her...

How could I use this?*

Anna, I am going to show you something, something that you have not foreseen.

*Her vision had not ended, but I ushered her to her feet with an extended hand, while the other seemed to part the fabric of space behind me revealing a gently lit meadow. Three suns cast a yellow blue hue on the lush flora of the unknown planet as one of two moons moved across the horizon. This I showed to her as though she were seeing it through eyes unbridled. As I turned my head I revealed myself as a new from.
Instead of just a man, I became as a winged man, with feathers of the purest white as the light from the portal behind me cast a golden hue against my blonde white hair that rode down my back. Adorned in robes of white I gently smiled at her with the bluest of eyes, suppressing the hints of smugness that made me who I am.*

Please, Anna... Come with me.

*I released through the Force the greatest feeling of love and pleasure anyone could have given. This was her vision, it had seamlessly run into her mind from the ripples of time around her in one continuous vision.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Anna shivered slightly as a new sensation washed over her...one she wasn't expecting....one that was, comforting, thrilling. Lowering her head for a moment her body relaxed and she stood as the man helped her to her feet. Turning her blinded eyes to him, she suddenly gasped, startled at the image she saw. For it wasn't Ne'aol anymore...it was something almost liken to pure divinity.

If she could blink she would have. Rather, she took a startled step back, because, this didn't feel like she was seeing it through the force. It was like those long dead and useless optic sensors in the back of her mind had been reawakened to be used once more,

to see again.

She shivered again, and listened to his request, his questions. When she thought of his first, did she know this feeling, a sudden, almost frightened jolt ran through her and she gasped again. Because this reminded her so much of that feeling of elation Legion had tempted her with, that thing he'd used to calm her rebelling mind right after the punishment he'd put her through for her sin against his collective consciousness.

And then the man asked her to go with him...and he seemed so different from the previous. Her breath caught in her throat as she attempted to respond. And she couldn't keep the shaky almost fearful tone from her voice.

I .... I don't know if ....I should.

The dagger quavered under her vest, almost pressing itself against her chest, as if delighted at her wondering thoughts to its creator. Clinching her teeth she ignored it, taking another slow, shaky step back.

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:37 pm

*A grin crossed my lips, it was almost maniacal but my eyes shone in kindness, gleamed in gentleness and the words that flowed from my lips were as smooth as honey*

Perhaps then...

*I had contemplated my response. How could I entice her to come with me and I with her? Immediately I began feeding her a calm aura, indescribable in Basic... the closest word that I myself could conjure for such an experience would be "beautiful" Unseen by the eyes, and not felt by the body. It existed only through the force and through it into the mind. I had to manipulate her feelings, subtly.

It was a connection that existed as a thread, almost unnoticed and lasting but for only the briefest of moments before I ended it all.*

Maybe you shouldnt.

*The world I had constructed for her collapsed and her vision returned to normal. With a crash, reality came back and the scene around us was frozen in time. I Appeared to her once again as Ne'aol. I waited for her to regain her vision and her breath*

I know your scars. I have seen them. I know what they did to you... and I want to remove every mark they left on you. But this is a decision you alone have to make. I can not make you do anything.

*She couldn't see my heart, but if it had a smile it would be a truly malicious one indeed. Even if she said no, this would not end up as a fruitless endeavor. Instead it would test my ability to manipulate her vision even moreso. A Yes would just let me to directly control her.

Whether she knew it or not, she was mine*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Anna watched Ne'aol closely as he changed forms again. The strange, beautiful feeling waved throug her and she shivered with it's presence. The world collapsed, the feeling vanished, and her vision faded to black, before the strands of the force began to knit a visitable pattern before her again. Reaching up, she adjusted her blind fold again, a brief bout of disappointment washing over. It had all ended, just so...quickly, as quickly as it had began. But she had to remain firm, level headed, smart. This was almost the exact same way Legion had gotten a hold of her, and she refused to let that happen again.

So, she listened, and took note of everything. What she found was surprising, bothersome. When she had first met the ancient being, he'd been kind of surprised to see someone like her. They had spoken a bit, and not really gotten to know eachother. But for some reason, his sudden shift in attitude bothered the Seer. First he'd wanted her to find his friend... and then, after she'd found ...her, in two places, he seemed to completely forget about it.

Now he seemed worried about her own personal scars... and how could he see them? Perhaps his understanding of the force had something to do with it...but why here? Why now? Shouldn't they go looking for the girl first? Shouldn't they finish what they had started.

The dagger at her chest quavered warningly, and she lowered her head.

Who are you?

She asked. She didn't need the demonic blade to tell her there was the bitter taste of deceit in the air. It whispered it to her anyway. Her position became more firm, more rigid as she spoke again.

Something's changed... You're different.

She said authoritatively . For a blind person, Anna had trained herself to be perceptive .... it was part of being who she was.

It was part of being a Seer.

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:54 pm

*A grin crossed my lips even though the game had long ago started. She asked the one question Im not sure that even I could answer...*

That my dear is a very good question. I am not the man you bumped into here on this tiny floating pile of dust. No, in fact his consciousness is locked away in a comatose patient many parsecs away. You did meet him however, but as soon as the jolt from your mind began waking him, I had to step in.

*I turned my body to begin pacing and as soon as I took a step the entire world went dark save for a single spotlight that followed me across an unbreaking silver and gold speckled granite floor. Its surface reflective but it did not reflect me*

You see my dear I am an immortal. One whose existence is trumped by only a few nameless beings whose glory is far more exceedingly grandiose than anything you can imagine. Yet I am a lowly servant to them, a messenger to bring one magnificent being the daily news. I however am not alone as I have a brother who walks the halls of the mighty with me! Thankfully, he is not present here at this time, as he is the more malicious of us both.

*As I pace back and forth before Anna, I speak with a grand tone and use my hands far more than I should. Realizing this I fold them behind me and turn to face her*

My very young dear my name is Hugin, and I am at your service.

*I bend at the waist, in a long bow before looking up momentarily before standing upright once again. The world around us once again resumes its normal appearance*

Now then my dearest Anna. You mustn't worry about the man Ne'aol. He is in very capable hands, and the woman you were looking for is not important, however it did reveal to me your magnificent power and for that I thank you.

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:12 am

*I look around and I can see it in their eyes, in their stance, it's so thick here I can almost see it in the air. All that dumb crammed into such a small space was making me nauseous just thinking about it. Sure some of them might be considered clever by galactic standards, but not a single one would have the first clue what to do about something like this...* *Pulling out a datapad, Oz tapped the screen a few times and the mood in this section of the skip changed dramatically as came blasting out of every speaker within fifty meters.* *It would take them over an hour to unravel that tiny, simple bit of code. And so what if it's a depressing song? I'm in a depressing mood so you can shove it for all I care. Besides, it fits. It's not like there's anybody else like me out there, able to do what I can do. After all the places I've been, I've never found anyone even close to my level, not once.*

*In short, I'm a bona fide genius and you can take that to the bank. Sure there are slicers and hackers and mechanics with a gift, but even they aren't up to my caliber. Take right now for instance. I'm surfing three different holonet sites (no, I'm not telling you which ones), running calculations for a .2 hyperdrive conversion (too bad the tech doesn't exist yet, maybe I'll have to invent it), creating a work playlist so I don't get bored later when I'm turning that piece of scrap Rogas brought in back into a masterpiece (he actually managed to get three star destroyers on his tail. Three!), and siphoning a couple hundred credits from the accounts of every mook with a datapad within a hundred meters (and I could make it the entire skip if I used the holonet terminal over there to boost the signal). In short, I'm a bona fide genius and the best multitasker since a lucrehulk battle computer, and the day ain't even half over yet.*

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:44 pm

*The screen flickered its green numbers across a field of reflective black. The Sky'tri's fingers clicked in a blur along its surface, her other hand curled into a fist with her cheek resting against it in a bored sort of way. Her account was growing meager, but she was not particularly concerned. She knew how to survive in ways that those who had wealth did not.

Suddenly, there was a blip on her screen, and though Nedya'ven's facial expression did not change, those busy fingers froze, then slowly lifted away from the datapad's screen. The number of credits began to drop before her very eyes. Intriguing...She accessed the data codes to her account, and uncovered the encrypted hack. No need for subtlety, the coding was far too complicated to decipher quickly. By the time anyone was even alarmed, the culprit would be gone.

Her head lifted as the change in music began to play its heavy bass. Others looked up, as well, before returning to whatever they had been doing. Most were involved in conversation of one sort or another. There were a few, like herself, who were minding their own business. But in that blink of an eye in which the music had changed, Nedya's snapshot mind had zeroed in on the only figure whose face had not looked up in reaction, the only face who knew the skip in the sound system was coming.

His eyes were downcast, alert, but bored. She could sense the cynical condescension around him. She didn't know how, exactly, she could sense it, but it was one of those things in the back of her mind that Nedya'ven chose not to examine too closely.

She lowered her eyes to her own datapad, then her fingers began to blur across its smooth surface again. She might not be able to unravel the encryption to her accounts, but she could certainly send a return message. It was a simple text transmission, containing a single line on a secure channel.*

:: Clever. Return what is mine, and I won't alert the rest of the asteroid as to where you're sitting. ::

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:12 pm

*Oz sat drinking his... uh...* *What is this stuff called anyway? Whatever it is it's good. I'll have to ask the waitress.* *When out of nowhere, a message suddenly appeared on his datapad's screen.* *What the hell? Maybe someone was more clever than they looked after all. First thing I needed to do was begin formulating a reply to stall for time (which may or may not contain a new virus that would send a data ping back to me and let me pinpoint this mystery hacker's data feed), that done, I hit send and pegan working on phase two.* :: Why hello there. Just give me your contact number and I'll be happy to. ::

*The ping came back loud and clear, though I didn't bother looking up from my own datapad as I worked my way through the backdoor created by my siphon hack and into the mystery hacker's system (having a hack already set up sure does save time when you're on the clock... believe you me). And then I was in. First thing I normally would have done in this situation is gone through any photo or video files (you'd be surprised what most people keep on their datapads), but these were special circumstances and I didn't really have the time right now. What I did have time for though was a quick transfer, cutting off the transfer of credits to my account and switching it to the new guy's.* *Slowly, a smile crept across Oz' face as he leaned back and began composing another message.* :: Who's in trouble now? :: *If this hacker was half as good as he pretended to be, he'd realize that the entire contents of every single credit account connected to a datapad in the previously mentioned hundred meter radius was now draining into his own account. Just who were they all gonna go after now? Check and mate. Booyah.*

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:44 pm

*One brow raised as the numbers in her account began to climb. She had not expected her threat to actually be effective. Then, she raised the other brow as the credits began to climb far higher than her original balance. She leaned back against the folded wings tucked against her back as she read the newest message.

Her eyes closed, an apathetic neutrality on her sharp green features. She was not particularly concerned with the outcome, but she was interested in the mind behind it. As the data transfer neared completion, Nedya leaned forward once more and began setting up firewalls and disruption codes, interrupting the flow of data while protecting the assets she had unexpectedly gained. She knew a thing or two from datadiscs she had seen, but an amateur like herself could only buy a minute or two of delay. Of course, delay was exactly her intention, long enough to distract a moment longer

She powered off the dataslate and rose from her small table. As the Sky'tri passed by the culprit behind this game, she brushed her fingers along the back of his neck, then pressed the muzzle of her L-23 against his side, her winged body shielding the weapon from view of the other patrons.*

"...I like your song choice. Can you play another?"

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:00 pm

*Great. Just what I needed. More firewalls. Though to be fair, they were pretty standard fare and nothing I hadn't cracked a thousand times before, though I was slightly disappointed that he hadn't tried re-transferring the transfer back to me (there was a bit of a surprise packed away in that last transmission just in case). But all the same, the new firewalls would give me a bit of exercise at least.* *buckling down and going to work on the new firewalls, Oz didn't notice the exotic woman coming up behind him until he was just about to break the last encryption and her hand brushed his neck.* "Gyah!!" *Talk about chills! I was NOT expecti... what's that? Round, roughly 2.1 centimeters across, and cold as all get out. Come on... the jerk just put a blaster to my head!* "Now hold on just a minute... I did you a favor!" *think think think... There's gotta be something... Wait! That's it! god I hope this works...* *Closing his eyes to concentrate, he focused on the blaster against his head, or rather the electronic components inside it, until he found what he was pretty sure was the heter valve.* *Gotcha! Just a bit of a jimmy... and.... There! No more blaster gas for you mr. xciter chamber. Just to be on the safe side though...* *Another quick alteration of electrical components and the blaster's xciter chamber joined the heter valve in the other hacker's collection of fancy paperweights (but let's be honest, nobody ever actually uses paper anymore).* *And all that just by thinking about it. Yup. I'm definitely a god among men.*

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:10 pm

*She lifted one shoulder in a half-shrug, unaware of the disabling of her weapon. Nedya'ven did sense some strange undercurrents from the man, and she knew he was working something over in his mind, but being unfamiliar with the ways of the Force, she had no way of identifying what exactly it was she was garnering from him.*

"It's not the sort of favor I'm interested in, and you'll take it all away from me in a moment anyway."

*The Sky'tri gestured with her free hand towards the datapad in front of him.*

"...Could you teach me how to do any of that?"

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:28 pm

*Deep breaths. Calm breaths. Force knows I hate having nerves, and I especially hate them being on edge. It makes me jumpy, and when I'm jumpy, I miss things. Potentially important things (like this one time a guy had a missile launcher aimed at my head I completely missed the fact that he had three henchmen. Needless to say, that situation took some fancy footwork to get out of).* "Probably not. It's pretty complicated stuff." *Wait... no... it was a girl!! How could I possibly have missed THAT!? The voice was female and I'd been so concerned with the paperweight being held to my head that I had completely missed the fact that the other hacker was a girl... I should have known. She totally typed like a girl.* *Tapping on the datapad as he stood, pulling all the credits he had transferred into her account back out now that the firewalls were down, Oz turned to face the woman.* "Well Sweetie, you got one thing right. I am most definitely going to take... all... uh.... um.. hi.

*My eyes had been on the datapad when I turned, so naturally the first thing they latched onto when I began to look up was a pair of legs, very long legs (and incidentally, also a soft green, which only increased the gawk factor). Then above the legs there was what essentially amounted to a leather skirt wrapped around slender hips followed by an even slimmer waist, which in turn led to a bosom that filled out the leather halter top pretty much perfectly. And it was all topped by a face that could make any man's mouth go dry. It was a good thing I wasn't just any man. On the other hand, it couldn't hurt to work a little extra moisture onto my tongue. Wouldn't want to end up sounding like a toad and the air in here had always been a little too dry anyway. For a second, the thought of transferring the credits back crossed my mind then was gone and replaced by the thought that if I did that, she'd have no reason to stay and I'd have lost the only other intellectual mind within seven systems. All very sound logic.*

"We, uh, may have gotten off on the wrong foot. How about I buy you a drink?"

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:55 pm

*Her head tilted to the side slightly, her brow furrowing at the unexpected invitation.*

"I have taken no offense to our footing."

*Intuitively sensing that there was an opening for dialogue, Nedya'ven returned the deactivated blaster to her holster, and slid into the only other seat at the table, her wings flaring briefly to make room for the uncompromising furniture that was more generically designed for humanoids with the average number of appendages.*

"We should not linger very long, but I'm of a mind to accompany you if you do not object. Your mind..."

*Her eyes narrowed in scrutiny.*

"...doesn't work quite like most humans I've run across. I am Nedya."

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:40 pm

*Wings... I finally manage to tear my eyes off her face... well, her face and her... uh... ya know... come on guys, I think that even you lot can figure this one out without the visual aids. Anyway, I finally manage to recover control of my visual capabilities and what do I see? Big, green, honest-to-freaking-god, wings. FREAKING WINGS!!! I mean, I'd heard of races with wings before, but not in a million years did I ever expect to meet one, much less one that looked that good.* *As the woman moved to take her seat, Oz dropped into his own and slipped his datapad into the well worn coat pocket that always held it, more out of habit than any conscious thought.*

*Then she said she wanted to go with him and his face took on the look of a mynock in the floodlights.* *She wanted to come with me? Just like that? I hadn't even bought her a drink yet, much less lowered her inhibitions enough to get her to stay, and she was asking me if she could tag along.*

*This was the best freaking day ever.*

"You, uh, don't say? I'm The Griffin... uh, I mean just Griffin. Grif really... Ya know what? Just call me Oz." *Mental palm, meet mental face. Force help me, but this was NOT going how I pictured it in my head. My brain keeps trying to tell my mouth to shut up but somewhere along the line the signal seems to be getting crossed. There's probably an implant for that. I'll have to look into it.* "Why shouldn't we linger exactly?" *Across the open air cafe (as open as an asteroid gets anyway), about twenty three meters away, a man suddenly jumped to his feet, his expression filled with rage.* "WHO THE HELL STOLE MY CREDITS!!!" *Oh. Right. THAT'S why we shouldn't linger. I knew I'd been forgetting something.* "Uh... right... my ship's parked just through that alley over there. Well, through the alley and across a street and then you hang a left and... *I'm rambling again, aren't I?* "Uh, just head that way." *Standing, Oz points at the alley in question and waits for Nedya to move (that was her name right? It's hard remembering things like names when her... ya know what? Nevermind). That's what all the guys did in those action vids right? Let the lady go first?*

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:49 am

[quote:2wxct2vi]"WHO THE HELL STOLE MY CREDITS!!!" [/quote:2wxct2vi]

[i:2wxct2vi][color=#BFBFFF:2wxct2vi]*Nedya did not look away from Oz, her light-colored eyes narrowing only a fraction in response to the sudden outburst.*[/color:2wxct2vi][/i:2wxct2vi]

"Oh. I had not calculated it to be that quick."

[i:2wxct2vi][color=#BFBFFF:2wxct2vi]*Indeed, most of the minds around her were on the slow side, as the scum of the galaxy often tended to be, but their suspicious natures as thieves tended to sharpen their intuition. So, instead of assuming there was some mistake on their account, there was an assumption of foul play. It just so happened that in this case, he was absolutely correct.

She stood fluidly at an unhurried pace and then coiled her arm around Oz's hip, as though they were nothing more than a couple who happened to meet at the cafe. While that was the illusion she wanted to project, mostly Nedya just did not trust Oz enough to walk ahead of him, or to run blindly wherever he might point. He was, after all, a member of the scum of the galaxy, just like herself.*[/color:2wxct2vi][/i:2wxct2vi]

"No sudden moves then, Oz. You seem like a friendly sort, but your last message of accommodation was an attempt to 'get me in trouble.' So I think I'll keep you to my side instead of to my back."

[i:2wxct2vi][color=#BFBFFF:2wxct2vi]*There was no implied threat in her tone, as it was stated as matter-of-factly as one might discuss the migratory habits of the blue-spotted preaky. She glanced back once over her shoulder just before they disappeared from view of the cafe, entering the back alley of the spaceport.*[/color:2wxct2vi][/i:2wxct2vi]

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:08 pm

"Well I sorta dropped the static loop of full accounts I had set up to keep them from noticing the siphon so they'd catch you and I could get away. The only reason you caught me was probably because you were logged in when I started." *And.... rambling again. I never tell people that much about what I've been up to. Not even skippy and he's been with me since malastare (that's like eleven years, for those of you keeping score at home). I do it, then it's done, and I move on to the next thing, no looking back except to remember the important parts, like how I left that back door into the sound system and could now use it... uh....* *Then Nedya put an arm around him and things went from bad to worse as she guided him (he was pretty much moving on autopilot by this point) down the alley toward the spaceport.*

*That's when he saw the three goons.* *Quarren, Weequay, Falleen. And that's about as much as my mind could process right now. The mighty mind of Seymour Ozynmundiaz Griffin brought to it's figurative knees by a girl. Well... quite a lot more than a girl actually. Like a LOT a lot. And she has wings! I wonder if she can actually fly or if they're left over from an ancestor and only used in mating rituals and stuff... And why do I feel like I'm forgetting something?* *The men waited until the pair had made it even with them in the alley, then two of them, the quarren and falleen, stepped in front to block their path while the third moved behind to block escape. The falleen was obviously the leader of the group.*

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:41 pm

[i:3feuhmpa][color=#BFBFFF:3feuhmpa]*Her mind began to click, going down the paths of different alternatives and likely outcomes of each decision she might make. Ideally, extraction from this situation would be preferable to engaging in combat. Nedya did not know how capable Oz was in a fight, but she herself was only competent at best. She began to take a step back, half-turning as her hand dropped away from Oz to free it for easy weapon reach.*[/color:3feuhmpa][/i:3feuhmpa]

"Our mistake, did not realize this territory was claimed- Oh."

[i:3feuhmpa][color=#BFBFFF:3feuhmpa]*The Weequay lumbered behind them, and her silver eyes narrowed slightly on his craggy face before she carefully turned back around to face the other two.*[/color:3feuhmpa][/i:3feuhmpa]

[quote="Oz Griffin":3feuhmpa]
[npc name=Xestan the sleazy falleen (and a bit of a smooth talker too, or he likes to think so at least):3feuhmpa][action:3feuhmpa]Looking Nedya up and down, he stepped forward and opened his arms invitingly.[/action:3feuhmpa] "Well well well, that there is my shade of green sweetheart." [action:3feuhmpa]A quick glance at Oz as he begins emanating pheremones.[/action:3feuhmpa] "Looks like your boyfriend's had a few too many, don't you hate drinking with a light weight? In my experience, it's more fun when you're not drunk, if ya know what I'm sayin'." [action:3feuhmpa]He took a step closer.[/action:3feuhmpa] "How about you dump the shrimp and come back to my place for a bit?"[/npc:3feuhmpa][/quote:3feuhmpa]

"Ah...charming."

[i:3feuhmpa][color=#BFBFFF:3feuhmpa]*She took a step back, by all appearances as though she were retreating, but in fact closing the distance between herself and the Weequay. Her hands slid almost shyly behind her back, slipping beneath the tightly-tucked folds of her wings.*
[/color:3feuhmpa][/i:3feuhmpa]
"But I really must decline...we're trying to duck the authorities, and I'd hate for them to have to give you trouble as a result of our blundering into you."

[i:3feuhmpa][color=#BFBFFF:3feuhmpa]*Her fingers curled around the grips of her two weapons. She sincerely doubted she could talk her way out of what the Falleen was after, but there was no sense in not trying.*[/color:3feuhmpa][/i:3feuhmpa]
PreviousNext

Return to Skip One