Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Bank Planning Committee Building

Galactic Battle Arena Judge

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Tue May 15, 2012 9:56 am

Bank Planning Committee Building

*The squat, two story building looks unimpressive from the outside, but the inside is lavishly appointed. Since all the decor was transported over from the former Overlord's palace, it didn't cost Eralam a goddamn thing to make it that way.*

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Tue May 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Re: Bank Planning Committee Building

*Michael briskly walks into the building, glancing very briefly from his data pad every so often so that he doesnt collide into things. Upon entering the atrium, he locates the sign to the meeting rooms and makes his way swiftly along. If you were to ignore the startlingly white hair, and the pet dove seemingly shaped it into a nest and was snoozing in it, he'd seem like a normal businessman. Today he was wearing a light grey pin stripe suit, platinum rim half-rectangle glasses, with sleek black, well polished shoes. After locating the room that the meeting was due to be in, Michael knocked on the door once, waited a moment in case he needed to wait, before letting himself in. Once inside, he found himself a seat, gently placed the data pad in front of him and looked around slowly to see who else had turned up to this meeting.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue May 15, 2012 6:41 pm

*A man in his mid 60's, with tan skin, brass eyes, and wearing a navy blue business suit entered the building, flanked by two body guards. He checks in with the posted directory, and then continues on his way towards the meeting room. Reaching the room one of the body guards steps froward to open one the door and steps into the room, checking to make sure that it's clear, then he holds the door open for the Director and his other guard as they enter the room. The Director nods to Kirus, though he has not met the man before and does not know his name he greets him with out introducing himself, before finding a seat of his own, about half way down the room, on the right side and takes a seat in one of the ridiculously plush chairs. His two guards stood against the wall behind and to either side of the Director's chair.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed May 16, 2012 2:25 pm

*The Illusive Man strode through the doors of the BPC building, dressed in his suave futiristic black suit and holding himself with the air of aristocracy he had become so used to protraying over the last few months. He paused by the entrance and took stock of the building. It appeared that their gracious host and revolutionary leader had not spared any pomp or circumstance for the occasion, the formation of the Galactic Bank, or whatever they would decide to call it.

His blue eyes flickered over two other individuals, he recognized one as Mr. Olkowski, now known as The Director, his right hand man when it came to Czerka... However here such ties were gone and only loyalty to galactic economics, fair banking and a new economic future was called for. The other man he did not recognize...

Walkking forward he hailed the two men.*
"Gentlemen, you here for the AA meeting as well?"

Affiliation:

Post Sat May 19, 2012 9:57 pm

*Eralam enters the room, his HRD form scowling at the plushly decorated interior. He'd have to give his aide a talking to about taste.*

"No TIM, I'm afraid not. Otherwise, this fully stocked bar would make no goddamn sense."

*With that, the Shard went and poured himself a massive glass of Corellian ale.*

Affiliation:

Post Sun May 20, 2012 1:28 am

*Without even looking up from his data pad, Michael nodded at the new arrivals. At one point he'd briefly stopped what he was doing, and went and poured a rather generous amount of a very strong drink into a glass, before sitting back down and focusing on his data pad once more. Just as it would get to the point of people wondering why he made the drink, the bird on his shoulder hopped down onto the table and began to drink it. Not long after TIM and Eralam's arrival, Michael finally say back away from the data pad and looked around, one leg crossed over the other and his hands in a arrow shape with the finger tips touching.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue May 22, 2012 6:28 pm

"Aye, I am eager to start this shindig... And eager to hear firsthand how you are able to enjoy and experience alcohol Eralam? It always fries my circuits." *Said The Illusive Man with a wink, and a shimmer of his holocoating revealing for a brief instant his proxy droid module that was projecting his image.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue May 22, 2012 7:17 pm

*The Director nods at TIM and Eralam as they enter, knowing both from previous encounters. The first is his new employer, the second a mutual ally against the galaxy at large. He knew both would work hard to achieve the common goal, though probably for very different reasons. He would enjoy working with such level, and clever minds. The other man was unknown to him, though he seemed engrossed in his data pad he kept tabs on the world around him. The Direct signalled to one of his guards, who walked around the room towards the bar, poured him a large glass of sweet wine, delivered it, and resumed his position. The Director sips the drink while patiently waiting for Eralam to get things moving and if necessary confirming that he was ready to begin the meeting.

He sat back in his chair, nursing the glass of wine while mulling things over. His brass eyes glinting almost bronze in the light of the room, stared into a point in the middle of the table before him. His recent history had taken a turn for the better, still there was much to think about, many plans to be fleshed out, and ideas to be brought to fruition. Being here, was just one more thing on the list of things to further the base from which the Director could draw and store resources. If anyone spoke to him, he would once more give the room, and it's occupants his full attention, but for now he merely heard with out really listening to what was being said.*

Affiliation:

Post Sun May 27, 2012 11:09 am

[action:1sueih98]Eralam grinned, his HRD face a perfect mask of confident amusement.[/action:1sueih98]

"Got to love an HRD."

[action:1sueih98]After waiting for what seemed like an appropriate amount of time, Eralam went ahead and summoned his secretary and companion, a Shard named Luxum who rode a skeletal YVH. The secretary quietly passed out datapads to all present. They would contain the rough outline of the bank that had been drawn up. A rough mission statement and brief press release had been drawn up.[/action:1sueih98]

[quote:1sueih98]Given the current economic climate of JvS, it has been determined by a few key individuals that an IC bank would be most beneficial. We are attempting to set up the framework to bring the bank from concept to reality at this very moment.

You are being contacted because you are either a leader of your faction or a prominent member of the JvS community. It is the desire of everyone involved in the project thus far that the bank itself be intensely neutral. Since the galaxy is about as close to all out war as it has ever been, the best way to ensure neutrality make sure that enough people have an interest in the thing to make a direct action against it nigh suicidal. To that end, I├óÔé¼Ôäóm offering each of you a slot on our executive committee. Once the bank is up and running, you will all have an equal say in the day to day operations. While I├óÔé¼Ôäód like to think that you├óÔé¼Ôäóre all capable of putting the needs of the galaxy as a whole before your own, having a diverse leadership team will have the added bonus of making treachery from within as stupid an idea as an attack from without.

It has been noted that some of you are also prominent within the Guilds. While the bank will not under any circumstances be openly antagonistic towards the Guilds (for instance, we won├óÔé¼Ôäót be demanding that you resign to start an account or any nonsense like that,) the founders do intend to address some issues that have popped up recently. For instance, it is our intent to create a business registry, one that is perfectly happy to accept individuals as the owners of canon companies. Provided they can present definitive proof that they were the owners prior to the Guild ruling that stated otherwise, of course. This will likely only be an issue in an extremely small number of cases, but it is still one that we feel to be important. Also, if time and manpower permits, we intend to create a public notary that can certify large or important sales, treaties, and other transactions. Notarizing your deal will mean that both parties find it agreeable and that it will be a matter of public record. We also intend to provide loans for individuals, businesses, and factions. The how on that is still a bit hazy, but the idea of having individuals that default without making some prior arrangement on the matter hunted down and beaten within an inch of their lives sounds most satisfying to me. Once we get all that figured out, we├óÔé¼Ôäóll come up with a proper charter and mission statement.

At any rate, we realize that our stance on certain issues may be a deal breaker for some of you. However, it would have been rude not to make the offer, and we├óÔé¼Ôäód like to make it perfectly clear that we bear no ill will towards any of you. If you do take issue with a particular facet of the operation, bear in mind that we will be strictly adhering to the Natural Laws. If at any point our operation inadvertently crosses over those boundaries, please feel free to take whatever actions you deem necessary to bring the issue to light.

I thank you for your time and look forward to working with you all in the future.

Sincerely,
Old Man Eralam[/quote:1sueih98]

"These datapads will destruct if they leave the building, and they will do so most violently. If you'll be kind enough to return them to my assistant at the end of the day, I'd greatly appreciate it.

"Now then. The first thing you see at the top of the datapad is a letter to send out to prominent individuals within the galactic community. If this is going to work, our board of directors must have be fairly diverse. Naturally, you've all earned spots on the board just by being here.

Thoughts?"

Affiliation:

Post Sun May 27, 2012 11:36 am

*Michael read through the letter, a frown slowly developing upon his face. Everything that had been mentioned seemed feasible, however there was one part that he felt had not been mentioned in the letter that he felt should have.*

"I can understand the reasoning behind having leaders of powers among the board of directors... However such a clash of personalities will surely result, in some shape or form, in mindless bickering and time wasting. What do you have planned to prevent such an occurance? A vote system? The main concern for me about this is the likely event of personal grudges or past events causing this whole establishment to crumble, which I can guarantee you, is something I will not allow to happen."

*Micheal leant back in his chair, curious to know the answer to his querie, and also to see how his potential colleagues would perceive and take his subtle attempt at declaring the venture a failure from the start.*

Affiliation:

Post Mon May 28, 2012 7:38 am

*As the Data pad was slid in front of him, The Director returned his focus to the room, and read the letter carefully, listening to Eralam as he spoke. Interesting policy, a Swedish bank that ignores the UN.... very interesting, though not one without potential. The Director also notes the "safeties" set up by Eralam, and smiles at this usual attention to details, and his ability to nip things at the sprout. This letter was well written and very clear, so there shouldn't be any misunderstandings from either end. Then Eralam opened the floor for questions and Kirus spoke up, voicing his concerns and desire to resolve the issue quickly.

As he pondered the letter and it's implications, The Director, wondered where the necessary startup funds would be coming from. The bank would need a substantial amount of it's own to start with, if it was going to be able to offer loans to individuals and businesses, not to mention factions. Leaning forward and putting the half full glass of wine to one side, the Director speaks up as Kirus finishes speaking, adding his thoughts to the discussion.*

The proposal looks solid, nice safeties by the way, I don't see any real problems with it, though the potential for bickering is there, as our compatriot has pointed out. That should be easy enough to solve, a simple hierarchy would minimize bickering I think. I do have one question though, how exactly are you bankrolling this, pardon the pun?

Affiliation:

Post Tue May 29, 2012 12:48 am

*The Shard took a healthy swig from his glass for the sake of breaking up what would have otherwise been a monotonous wall of white text.*

"The idea here is that they while they argue, we get Sithspit done. Plain and simple. The trick is to make them think they have power, and truthfully, they will. Provided they can come to an agreement. If they can't agree (and it's not likely they ever will on anything important) then it doesn't happen, plain and simple. Meanwhile, those of us here will be free to execute our duties as we see fit."

*Another swig and another splash of yellow.*

"Funds are admittedly a bit light right now. I have the resources of two planets to put into this, but it will be some time before we can start any heavy-duty lending. In the meantime, local labor will be able to construct the facilities and whatnot."

Affiliation:

Post Tue May 29, 2012 1:16 pm

*Listening to Eralam's solution to Kirus' question and his admittance that funds are low, I nod and then commit to this project entirely.*

I am willing to invest "7 5 billion, of my own personal funds, into this endeavor. As for the bickering of the potential council members. Might we allude that donations to this project will increase the chances of their election to a seat of prominence? That may increase our initial revenue and so long as it is never made official policy, we need not actually follow through with the creation of such seats, much less the filling there of. And just to be certain, all members of this council will be equal correct?

Affiliation:

Post Tue May 29, 2012 4:10 pm

"Equal say? I should hope so... Am I wrong to believe that we will be acting on a majority rule system in voting on issues?" *Equality was dangerous, as was simple majority vote, as there was a lot of room for complaints... However The Illusive Man felt that would be a betrter alternative to a hierarchy that he detested within the guilds themselves.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed May 30, 2012 4:24 am

"So they'd be a figurehead board, while we are more of a shadow board, running things from behind the scenes... Sounds fun enough..."

*Michael's bird finishes off the drink then jumps back on his head and goes to sleep. Michael quietly listens to the talks about funding, not having very much that he can add to the venture in that sense.*

"I may not have funds I can put toward this, however, I am wondering if there were plans for the bank to also have it's own mint office? If so, I have an assosciate who is capable of getting me as many printers and stamping machines as we need. Even if done illegally, a bit of laundering and we can mass produce the funds needed with little worry about outside interference.

*He leant back in his chair, looking out at the others that were in the room with him.*

"That is, if you all are in agreement for me do so."

*Michael was perfectly aware that out of all of them, he was the least influential. That didn't stop him from trying to prove his worth among them and show that he wasn't someone for them to take lightly if they were to move against him.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:48 pm

==Admiral==
*the armoured figure of the admiral slips into the room and takes a seat.*

-admiral
:: I apologize for being late, what have I missed so far? ::

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:12 pm

*The imposing figure of Xeonon Solomon entered the room his face a mess of gruesome puckered white scars showed against the blood red colour of his armour. Taking a seat he moved his cape around the back so not to sit on it.* Its good to see I am not the only one who is not late. *He said while staring at the admiral.* What all did I miss?

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:59 pm

*Looking over at the new arrivals, Michael gave each a curt nod, before filling them in on the brief details that had been discussed, passing each a linked datapad with an extremely well recorded set of notes depicting exactly what had been said throughout the meeting so far.*

"If you don't mind a bit of light reading, that covers all that has been discussed until now, also each of the pads are linked to mine so that all the notations i make are recorded on those as well.

*He pauses as his dove seems to tweet in agreement, before looking about the room for an answer to his earlier suggestion.*

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:02 pm

*The Illusive Man takes a seat at a circular black marble table and motions everyone else to join him whether they are here now or they arrive later.* "Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats. We will disregard everything previously said and start anew. We all know why we are here, we are here because we are either rich, or powerful, or inspiring, or motivational or passionate about forming a board of directors for JVS's first IC bank, run by us, protected by us, and sustained by us, the humble players in this galactic game. Kirus has benevolently placed before you the information from the previous discussions.

Dressel has been selected as the location of the Bank, seeing as Old Man Eralam's noble dream of this bank and the Galactic Marketplace has fallen on hard times we will keep both the Bank and the Marketplace together to facilitiate RP in this business modulated climate.

Please put forward your suggestions on what you wish to see acccomplished and how you want it accomplished. I for one think it will be prudent to first and foremost form a list of all players who wish to recreate their bank account so we have all willing participants in a list and on file."

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:58 pm

*Michael nodded at TIM's suggestion.*

"While I agree that we need people to take out accounts and use our bank, to which i think your suggestion is indeed a good one, Illusive Man, i must however argue that there currently is no bank in any shape or form for them to sign up to. Yes we need a physical building etc, but we must not forget that a bank is also a business, and as a business, we need to turn a profit so that we may expand to have branches across the galaxy. Would people agree?"

*Michael waited for others to speak before making his next point.*

"And so to that end, I suggest we finalise Loan Interest Charges, and the like from which we'd obtain the majority of funding from."
Next

Return to Galactic Marketplace