Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Mount Skar'lak

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Mount Skar'lak

*The shuttled descended through the sky of Lwhekk, making it's way towards the volcano mountain top. The shuttle circled the mountain top once, showing off the painted on it's side, before it came in and landed opposite the Yorik-Vec. The rear boarding lowered and touched the ground.
Captain Marco and the three other members of the Vit├â┬®zs├â┬®g fireteam exited the craft first, clad in their gold coloured Prar Battle Armour Mk IV. They stood on either side of the lowered ramp, standing as a guard, as first Ambassador Fehlaaur walked down the ramp, acting as the Chiss' witness. Aristocra Rebecca had placed much trust in him and he had quickly become the Ascendancy's leading diplomat.
Finally Aristocra Rebecca appeared at the top of the boarding ramp, wearing her black trench coat jacket. Her shoulder length black hair was tussled a little by the slight breeze. Her glowing red eyes surveyed the view. It had been a few hundred years since she had been to Lwhekk, the last time she was here, it was in combat with her brothers, all of whom had been killed since then in the same role she now held.
As she walked down the ramp, a glint of light reflected off the whip wrapped around his torso under her coat, as well as from the tip of the vibroblade protruding from the base of her coat. Rebecca stepped off the end of the ramp and moved forward, her guards forming up behind her, while Felhaaur stood at her side.
The party stopped opposite Nem Yin. Captain Marco surveyed the guards with his HUD. Aristocra Rebecca decided to take the initiative*

"It's a beautiful view is it not? quite symbolic if I don't say so myself, meeting on the edge of a destructive force that threatens the safety of the ill prepared" Aristocra Rebecca

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:18 am

*The Yuuzhan Vong group could not help but notice the Chiss' arrival. All four warriors of Domain Lah lined up and stood at attention, attempting their best to look big and menacing.* *It wasn't that far of a stretch really. Domain Lah was known for breeding the largest warrior caste members, with Domain Choka following close behind. Add in the black chitinous vonduun skerr kyrric they wore and their glowing crimson mqaaq'it and the group looked practically demonic.* *Nem casually turned away, allowing his guards to set up in whatever manner suited them.*

*When Rebecca disembarked and moved to speak with him, he followed her gaze, examining the wide horizon that could be seen from their vantage point high up on Mount Skar'lak.* *There was a certain natural beauty to it he supposed. Having spent a great deal of time among the Infidels, Nem was practically numb to the offensive sights of major galactic cities. Raxus Prime had been the worst of them, even surpassing Coruscant in its repugnance. How the races of this galaxy could pervert, pollute, and destroy nature so easily was beyond him. So frivolously they threw away the gifts they had been blessed with.* *The thought brought a scowl to his skeletal features. He slanted his head and lifted his shoulders in a shrugging motion.*

"I suppose you're right. In truth I chose this location because I believed it would deter the locals from nearing our position. The tales I have heard about their entenchment techniques are disconcerting to say the least. Stealing the souls of sentient beings, denying them the right to join their gods in the afterlife, and using them as essence to feed their inorganic machines...I can think of no worse fate." *His brow furrowed.* "Even if the invitation was extended, I would not make allies of the Ssi-ruuk. They press too far into the realms of the Yun'o."

*He turned around, this time completely facing the Aristocra. Nem's glowing mqaaq'it were a cobalt hue, like little balls of coalescing plasma, fixed in the sockets of his skull. Dark purple eye sacs beneath his ocular implants expanded slightly. Both implants and eye sacs suggested the Intendant was in a relatively pleasant mood.*

"It is an honour to meet you Aristocra. As I am sure you have already surmised, I am Executor Nem of Domain Yin. The Yuuzhan Vong colonies of Tur Yenagh and Zonama Sekot are mine to manage, so know that when I speak, it is with the full authority to enforce whatever is decided here today."

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:34 pm

*Rebecca remembered upon her experience of once coming across a person being entenched many years ago. She also knew the Yuuzhan Vong were very religious and naturalists, so Nem's explanation did make a lot more sense. Rebecca turned to look at Nem as he addressed her more personally*
"It is an honour to meet you as well Executor Nem. I speak for the entire Chiss Ascendancy. As such my word will be enforced throughout all our worlds of Csilla and Ilum" Aristocra Rebecca
*Rebecca took a breath, with the formalities over, true discussions could begin*
"Now, for the details of this truce...." Aristocra Rebecca

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:12 pm

"Yes." *Said Nem.* "The details."

*There wasn't much to be said that wasn't already known to both parties. It was during the Clone Wars that the Yuuzhan Vong and Chiss first encountered one another. The battles between their races raged on in secret even during the events of the Galactic Civil War. Granted, until the Yuuzhan Vong finally made a push towards conquering the entire galaxy, those battles had been small. Near the end of the war both races were threatened with genocide. The religious persecution pursued by the Yuuzhan Vong had led to the creation of Alpha Red by the Chiss, which nearly destroyed all life in the galaxy if not for the timely intervention of the Jedi. They both had been pushed to the brink, they both knew what could be lost if war ever ensued between them again.*

*The Intendant turned towards a table his Chazrach manservant was in the process of setting up between the two ships. Like all Yuuzhan Vong technology it was organic in nature, but not expressly so. The piece of furniture amounted to a flat surface upon which two large pieces of parchment were placed.* *Nem wouldn't record a contract upon a datapad, and it was doubtful that Rebecca would record a contract upon a qahsa personal device. Thus parchment was a suitable compromise.* *There was an ink pot and quill set aside for the Chiss' witness, while the Chazrach withdrew an organic stylus from his tunic.*

*Nem moved to the table and leaned against it with the palms of his hands, dropping his head momentarily and closing his eyes. Seconds later they opened, full of renewed vigour and keen intelligence.*

"I think we both have some inclination as to what is occurring currently on Yoggoy, and to my knowledge neither of us has ties to Lwhekk or Lehon, so for the purpose of these peace talks I am of the opinion that we should only consider known quantities. In other words, the proposed truce will extend only to our unchallenged domains. Tur Yenagh and Zonama Sekot for the Yuuzhan Vong, and Csilla and Ilum for the Chiss. Is that agreeable, Aristocra?"

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:46 pm

*Ambassador Felhaaur walked over to the table and stood opposite the Chazrach.
Rebecca moved over towards the table as Nem made his statement with regards to the truce. She really had no idea what was going on with Yoggoy, as those she had sent there had yet to report back*

"That seems agreeable to me, Executor. We shall stay out of either sides established domains under all circumstances" Aristocra Rebecca
*Felhaaur was making note of Nem and the other Yuuzhan Vong, mentally. knowing that remembering this information could be critical some day*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:35 pm

"Excellent". *Said Nem.*

*The territories mentioned for the most part were unchallenged. Ilum was a rather obscure location, though the Yuuzhan Vong had sent a spy there some time ago. The Jedi Temple there, it had seemed abandoned at the time, but Nem had held his doubts. Now they were confirmed. If the Chiss Ascendancy considered it a part of their territory, it meant the territory held sway, it possessed a worthwhile value.*

"Before we can define peace, I feel we must discern what that term entails. The Yuuzhan Vong will make no hostile movements towards the Ilum or Csilla systems. Likewise, the Chiss will make no hostile movements towards Tur Yenagh or Zonama Sekot. We may both move throughout each others systems, with permission, so long as no blockade or offensive position is taken. That seems a reasonable comprise to me. If there is a need to operate within the regions of each others territories, we shall first notify our allies before doing so."

Affiliation:

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:22 am

*Rebecca considered the proposal for a moment. Permission would be needed and no hostile action or blockades could be set up. Plus with the Chiss' upcoming conflict, they may need to move through Yuuzhan Vong space*
"It seems a fair compromise to me. Permission would be granted provided the operations or travel through the other's space did not compromise safety or put anyone in danger, of course" Aristocra Rebecca

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:25 am

*Nem nodded.* "Right. I think neither of us would be too pleased to find the other trailing hostile fleets through our respective territories."

*The Intendant motioned to his Chazrach, urging the creature to motion. It lurched over the table and began to scrawl on one of the pieces of parchment. A stiff worm shaped biot was held in its hand, excreting the equivalent of ink as its end was pressed to paper.*

"It seems clear to me that neither of us will have much difficulty holding to the terms of this agreement; however, in the future that may not be so for all members of our races. There should be a clause addressing rogue dissidents. If say a Yuuzhan Vong warmaster decided to attack Csilla or Ilum on his volition, I should think I would be honour bound to aid the Chiss in destroying him. Likewise, should a Chiss commander ever take it under his own authority to attack Yenagh or Sekot, I would expect you to come to our aid and deal with them. Otherwise we risk the chance that one side might try to take advantage of this non-hostilities pact. In coming to aid each other we would essentially be stating through action that we do not approve of said dissidents violation of the treaty and that we still hold to its terms."

Affiliation:

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:55 pm

*Rebecca nodded and Felhaaur began doing the same as the Chazrach, but instead using the quill to write with ink on the other piece of parchment*
"Agreed. I would like to hope such incidents will be few in number. It would be a shame to see our treaty fail and thus our races fall back into a state of war, with the risk of both being engulfed by these rising powers...." Arisotcra Rebecca

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:38 am

"Too true. I do not anticipate that such an event will arise, but it never hurts to be careful. Historically my people have not been known for their tendencies towards peace. Since our defeat we have attempted to reintegrate ourselves with Zonama Sekot and rehabilitate our war poisoned culture. It has been a struggle so far and will continue to be so for many years. But as it stands currently, a few decades worth of effort is hard pressed to overturn thousands of years of strife and bloodshed." *He scowled bitterly.* "Nonetheless, the possibility is there that Yuuzhan Vong forces arriving late to the galaxy might take it upon themselves to act with hostilities, hence my precaution. Should ever such an event arise, contact me and I shall be there post haste with fleet, force, and fury to see these lost lambs... reeducated."

*Though his tone and words implied a cold callousness, inside his troubled psyche these thoughts pained him greatly. Always he had the best interests of his people in mind, no matter the personal cost. The earlier raids, the piracy, the alliances brokered. All were done towards ends serving the Yuuzhan Vong as a whole. There were many who would seek retribution against past deeds of cruelty, or some who do it out of a hate for all things alien. Whatever the reason, it did not matter. Nem would act as he always had, even if it meant killing some of his people to ensure the collective whole were safe and prosperous. One of Harla's cruel jests, no doubt.*

"Now that clause is pertaining only to our own races. Neither or us would be responsible for coming to each others aid if we were troubled by other various races, fleets, or factions. In the unfortunate event that one of these growing super powers does turn its attention in either of our directions, there is no sense dragging both of our peoples into conflict. Ultimately our borders are our own to defend."

*He leaned over the table, examining his servant's calligraphy in comparison to the Chiss'. There was a notable difference in the script, though that was to be expected given that they both made use of different languages.* *If Nem's tizowyrm was in and they were not conversing in basic, he would have been able to understand Rebecca in her own language, though the writing on the parchment would have been just as illegible to him as it was currently. The device was an audio and verbal aid only. That said, from years of operating in infidel space, his grasp of galactic basic was excellent.* *When he spoke in the common language his words were as clear and concise as a laser scalpel.*

"That said, we would be willing to consider working with your people if ever there is a mutually desired goal we share. For instance, if any of the other rising races in the Unknown Regions attempted to grow in size and power, we might feel compelled to put them down before they become a threat. I'm all for staying out of the other races business, but not if puts my people at risk."

Affiliation:

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:09 pm

*Rebecca could not agree more that their borders were their own to defend. Each race would be responsible for their own downfall, something that both sides honoured greatly. Nem then turned the topic towards working together for mutual gains*
"Our policy has always been to police rising powers and ensure they do not use their power for ill-begot gains, a sad truth which seems to run deep within the other races. Just remember, we Chiss are bound by a non-aggression law, so we cannot act until we are acted against. We will not go against this, unless we feel that we may end up in a completely outmatched position" Aristocra Rebecca
*Fehlaaur continued to write, pausing to await further discussion and agreement. So far he was quite proud of his work*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:45 pm

*The Chiss were bound by a non-aggression pact? That was something he had not been aware of. It almost made this new initiative they were pursuing a backup in a sense. Still, that was a Chiss policy, subject to change on the whim of Chiss politics. Having an additional contract between the two races would, if anything, help reinforce the non-aggression stance. Nem couldn't claim that the Yuuzhan Vong would make non-aggressive movements towards the other races, but he could do so in regards to the Chiss. In agreeing to the contract, he and those under him were honour bound to keep to it. Betraying the contract would see him lowered to the ranks of the Shamed Ones, a path he dare not tread under any circumstance.*

"A wise policy. I understand completely, though I make no promise that my own people will be as removed from aggression with the other races as the Chiss are."

*He folded his arms over his chest and surveyed his Chazrach's writing, finding no flaw in the so-far agreed to conditions.*

"That about covers any concerns I have at this current time. The safety and security of the Yuuzhan Vong colonies is my ultimate priority. This contract ensures that, thus I am satisfied. Are there any other additions to this agreement that you wish to add, Aristocra?"

Affiliation:

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:14 pm

"Indeed it is a wise policy and I'm sure your people's actions towards other races will not cause any problems" Aristocra Rebecca
*The Chiss' non-aggression pact had been around for hundreds, if not thousands of years. It had kept the Chiss out of much trouble, those that ignored it, did not succeed. Rebecca was not about to repeat her predecessors mistakes.
She read over the agreed to conditions in Fehlaaur's writing*

"My people's safety and security is also ensured by this contract. Shall we sign this and make it official now?" Aristocra Rebecca

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:42 pm

*He nodded.* "Aye."

*The Intendant placed a hand on his Chazrach's shoulder, offering the scaled covered creature a firm squeeze to let it know it was in the way. It looked up and stepped aside, handing the Yuuzhan Vong the stylus biot it had used to compose the written contract. Leaning over the covered parchment he allowed his mqaaq'it one last glance at the content scrawled across the page.* *This was a somewhat historical event. There could be no room for misinterpretation, lest the future generations fail to abide by the terms set forth by Nem and Rebecca.* *Satisfied that all was in order, he signed his name on the contract before him and then moved to sign his name on the one Fehlaaur had written.*

*Not being privy to the Chiss' written language, the Intendant had to trust that he was not being deceived. Indeed, that he did not demand it all be recorded in basic was somewhat telling of his willingness to place his trust in another. He had to, or else the contract was worth less than the paper it was written upon.*

*He stepped back, allowing the Aristocra to do the same.* *They would both sign either contract, thus making it official, and take the copy their witnesses recorded back to their respective states.*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:34 pm

*Fehlaaur stepped back and handed Rebecca the quill. She stepped closer, taking a breath as last minute questions plagued her as to whether this was the right course of action or if she was about to make the biggest mistake of her life.
She touched the tip of the quill to the paper and signed her name before moving over to the Yuuzhan Vong copy. She had never had any real study in the written language of the Vong, while she could pick out a couple basic symbols, it was not really worth trying to remember what the symbols had meant. Rebecca then added her name to the Yuuzhan Vong's copy before placing the quill down and standing back near Fehlaaur*

"So it is done" Aristocra Rebecca

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:44 am

*Once more the Intendant responded with a nod. He reached down to his copy of the contract and rolled the parchment up before stowing it safely in his robe. Nem turned towards his own men and gave then a curt nod, then with a wave of his hand gave them the signal to get back aboard the ship. The four warriors eyed the Chiss carefully before striding back up the molleung worm of the Bleeding Orifice and into the ship.*

"That it is." *He rasped lightly.* "Whether intended or not, I suppose we've just taken part in a historically significant event. I believe this sort of thing is usually followed by a celebration, though after these deliberations I do not find myself in such a mood. If anything my thoughts are further troubled by what the future holds."

*Nem took a step towards the edge of the plateau, once more regarding the view that the Aristocra drew his attention to at the beginning of their meeting.* *The Chiss had called the view beautiful. At the time the Intendant had agreed, yet these talks stirred up troubling concerns. When he looked upon the peaceful jungles below, he didn't see the serene esthetic. All he saw was the future. Death, destruction, doom...the blackest and vilest of events. No matter how hard he struggled to avoid it, to keep his people far and away from the growing darkness, a part of him couldn't help but think that all he was doing was putting off the inevitable.*

"Watch your borders closely, Prarr'ebecc'aelios. Our races are now blessed to know peace between one another, but I am doubtful that the rest of the galaxy will be as kind. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday soon the hate that drives this galaxy's denizens to conflict will stretch towards our respective domains. How we respond and what results will either be the making or the breaking of us."

*Though the gesture was learned from the infidel races, the Yuuzhan Vong extended his right arm towards Rebecca and offered her his hand in friendship.*

"Until that day arrives."

Affiliation:

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:22 pm

*Fehlaaur rolled up the Chiss' copy and headed back aboard the shuttle with the Vit├â┬®zs├â┬®g fireteam following behind him. Rebecca walked over closer to Nem, admiring the view again. Nem raised many valid concerns that constantly gnawed at Rebecca's being a lot lately*
"I fear that I must agree with you Nem of domain Yin. Every day draws our people closer to a fate which is uncertain and shrouded in such darkness I fear that none shall escape it. Although I would love to fill our final moments with great words of hope that our decisions might allow us to survive, I fear all we will do is prolong the all consuming darkness which will seep it's way into our hearts and minds" Aristocra Rebecca
*Rebecca sighed before turning to Nem and returned the Yuuzhan Vong's gesture of friendship, placing her hand in his*
"We shall meet again, I'm sure" Aristocra Rebecca
*With that Rebecca did a short bow to Nem in respect before turning and going over to the shuttle which she boarded. The ramp was raised and the shuttle took off back to orbit*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:56 pm

*Nem stood and watched as the Chiss departed. Though he was concerned about what the future held, his hope had been renewed by the blue skinned leader he now called friend.* *Would they truly meet again? Yes, they would. He honestly believed that.* *Surprising even to the Intendant, a smile crept over his scarred features, for once sincere.*

*With their business concluded he returned to his ship and prepared for takeoff. Ten minutes later and the Bleeding Orifice was well on its way towards orbit.*
Previous

Return to Lwhekk's Terrain