Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Crystal Caves

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:23 am

Re: Crystal Caves

*The terrorists' surprise saves me from taking any serious wounds, though I do suffer some minor burns from a couple of near misses. Indeed, shrapnel from my grenade caused me more pain than the terrorists did, and that was just a few small slivers from the crates peppered across my wings. I rub my wings against the cave wall and remove most of the little slivers, then continue forward with the commandos. Assuring them that I was fine, despite the numerous droplets of blood on my wings and the singed scales on my left shoulder and right calf.*

Affiliation:

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:30 pm

*After a few minutes, the Group finally comes upon the entrance to the main chamber of the terrorists, after passing through the other two established "Safety Rings" the Terrorists had set up with ease (all they were were a few security turrets they had set up). Withdrawing a scanner from his belt, Krakdon crouched and quickly looked around the corner and began scanning the area. Swiftly coming back around, he looked over the data and found that there were ten remaining terrorists in the Cave, all of which were armed to the teeth and were in defensive positions around the large cavern. Before Krakdon could tell his men, a voice came shouted from within the chamber.*

*Krakdon let out a slow sigh and said to the gathered commandos...and gargoyle.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:35 am

*Shihab continues forward with the commandos, and wait patiently for the lieutenant to share what he'd seen around the corner, when someone called out from around the corner. He refrained from responding verbally, though he grinned again. He listened to Krakdon's assessment of the situation, and nodded his compliance. His Z-6, like most rotary cannons, was designed for pinning down enemy troops, but the terrorist's positions through out the room would make pinning more than two or three at a time difficult.*

*I stretch and fold my wings in anticipation, and check the charge on my Z-6, as I listen to Krakdon's report. Nodding my head in acquiescence, and ask the question that comes to mind first, being careful to keep my voice low and in a tone that won't carry well in the tunnel.*

Roughly how far is a "lot of space" and just how big is this room?

*I stand at the ready, waiting to move with Drakon and Falkin into our covering positions. Krakdon's response would tell me how much covering fire would be needed, and how far I'd need to go to get to that same cover. It would also indicate the likelihood of getting pinned if we were to careless.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:06 am

Krakdon looked up to the gargoyle and smirked, saying.

*Getting a mix of nods and 'Yes sirs" the commandos stood and lined up, with Drakon and Falkin ready to rush out and Krakdon, Merlin and Shwan lined up against the ice wall. Krakdon then counted down from three on his fingers....*

*Krakdon gave the signal and Drakon, Falkin, and no doubt Shihab, stepped out and began laying down a wave of covering fire as the others rushed around the corner and ran straight for a pile of crates 4 meters from the entrance to the cavern.*

*Inside, the 10 remaining terrorists, 7 of which were armed with a mix of E-11s and DC-15s', where two others had Z-6 cannons themselves. The clear leader, stood at the center of the room in a long trench coat and a clutched in his hands, and a mad grin on his face.*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 pm

*Shihab, nodded at Krakdon's response, the odds weren't in their favor, but then what were odds for if not defying? He moved with Drakon and Falkin and did his best to lay down a withering stream of covering fire across the room without hitting his allies. While he noticed the presence of the boss in the middle of the room with his trench coat and flamer, and two of his cronies also bearing Z-6's he couldn't do much to target them specifically, as there were to many terrorists around to focus on any one of them. His cannon swept the room covering most of the room in a brilliant flash of blaster fire, and he kept it spraying back and forth, trusting Drakon and Falkin to pick off specific targets as the opportunity arose.*

Affiliation:

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:41 pm

*As soon as the Ascendancy Commandos and their gargoyle companion stepped into view, the terrorists immediately began opening fire, none were really focusing on any particular target, so their fire was uncooridnated and unfocused, leaving room for Krakdon and his team to rush forward under the covering fire Shihab, Drakon and Falkin laid down. The terrorist leader, however, seemed to remain perfectly still, the grin on his face never leaving even as maser fire passed around him. As the line of maser fire crossed about 2 meters to either side of him, they immediately disipated, revealing the presence of a force field that protected him. As Krakdon and his men reached their cover, they we at an angle that allowed them to see behind the leader showing a tall device of ancient Chiss design. Over the group comm, Krakdon said as he popped up and began laying down fire on the terrorist, noting that there were only 6 out of the 10 terrorists still firing at them.*

*Rushing forward to their piece of cover, firing all the way, catching one of the free terrorists in the head as he ran, Drakon glanced around himself looking for something that may cause an EMP. In the room, there was a portable command console, a portable power generator, and a long range communications tower that filled most of the far side of the cavern. Drakon didn't know much about reversing technology to overload power circuits, so he had no ideas.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:36 pm

*I rush forward with Drakon and Falkin, spraying the room with blaster fire as I go. Glancing around the room, I see the same gear in the back of the room Drakon saw, but my eye was caught be the power generator. Depending on how it operated, it might be able to generate the EMP we needed, or it might not. either way, if it was powering the shield, knocking it out would be highly useful. I direct Krakdon's attention towards the generator, in response to his query.*

Blowing that generator might do it, and even if it doesn't that shield can't recharge with out a power source right?

*several more near misses singed Shihab's scales, indeed it was nearly a miracle that he hadn't been hit yet, but he had no time to dwell on that now. So he focused on the task at hand, keeping the enemy's heads behind cover and trying to make an EMP while under fire.*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:12 am

*As the two groups continued to exchange fire, Krakdon consider what Shi said through Drakon's comm and saw the generator. Keeping that in mind, he says as he pops up and blasts one of the terrorists between the eyes, reducing their numbers to 5.*

*Drakon nodded to himself as he popped up and laid down some fire down on the chain gunners and got a good look at where they were positioned and couldn't help but grin. couching back down he withdrew a vape charge from a belt pouch and motioned for Falkin to do the same then looked at Shihab.*

*Suddenly, Drakon popped up from behind his box and hurled the charge towards the chain gunners.*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:52 am

*As Drakon, calls for cover, I spring into the air, pulling myself higher with my wings, as I rake the defenders positions with a torrent of blaster fire, sweeping the cannon back and forth. I hoped to catch at least a few of the terrorists off guard, by changing my angle of attack, and possibly hitting a few who didn't duck down quite far enough behind their cover. This in turn left me exposed to their return fire, but between my strafing, Drakon's charge, and the fire of the rest of the squad, they might be to distracted to take advantage of my exposed position.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:15 pm

*As the gargoyle flew into the air, his rain of blaster bolts took out two of the covered terrorists just as the vape charages landed just behind the chain gunners, who turned to see their wall high monitoring system behind them. Their eyes go wide and they begin running straight forward as the counter goes down.*

*Just as Shi flies up into the air, Drakon knew this wasn't going to end well. As the counter on the charges hit 2 seconds (having had a 5 second timer) Drakon gut up from cover and yelled, rushing towards Shihab.*

*Just as the charges went off, Drakon leaped and grabbed onto Shi's ankles to pull him down.*

*The charges sound hurling the two armored chain gunners straight into the leaders force field incinerating them into absolute nothing. The explosion rocked the foundation of the monitoring station and it fell forward, the top monitors falling on top of the leader's shield sitting atop it for a time, melting away slowly before the shield overloaded and cut out, dropping what remained of the super heated monitors right on top of the leader, forcing his screams of pain to fill the chamber as the near liquid metal of the monitors fell upon him before he could escape. The last remaining man stood slowly to look about until a large icicle dislodged from the ceiling and killed him instantly.*

*It took a a moment after the explosion before Falkin, Shwan, and Merlin rushed to the leader's side to pull the monitors off of him while Krakdon rushed to Drakon and Shi's side to check their status. *

Affiliation:

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:16 pm

*As the charges land, I let myself fall to the floor, aided by Drakon and gravity. I roll away from the blast as I hit the ground beside Drakon, absorbing most of the shock wave in a prolonged tumble to the back of the room. I lay their for a moment, taking mental stock of my physical condition, before climbing shakily to my feet again, with a covering of bruises but, thankfully, no broken bones or sprained joints. I look to Drakon to see how he had fared, having practically pulled me down on top of him.*

I'm touched by your concern, but next time, let me take care of myself if you please. I've ridden more than one blast wave, and most of them fairly successfully, the important thing is to minimize drag and then to roll with the flow.

*I stretch wearily, popping several joints and wincing in pain as multiple bruises protested my movement. I'd gotten into my fair share of scrapes, and I'd not survived them without developing a substantial tolerance for pain. I'd always seemed to heal faster than usual anyway, so I wasn't concerned about the numerous minor injuries I'd sustained so far. Looking to Lieutenant Krakdon I ask for an assessment of the situation.*

That worked out too well didn't it?
Previous

Return to Crystal Caves