Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Open Orbit

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:17 pm

Re: Open Orbit

*As the starlines coalesced into the pinpricks of light that they should be, Damas turned to the holoprojection at the center of the bridge. Where most modernized combat cruisers had a table with the projector set inside it, the springhawk had simply opted to install the projectors in the floor and ceiling, allowing for a much more high-resolution image in the larger space. As the sensor readings from the system began to coalesce, Damas paid special attention to the IFF's that read as Chiss, several less than there should have been.* "Hail the Phalanx Hand. I want to talk to Nkyrn. Line of sight only." *If memory served, that was the name of the man in charge of this particular picket force.*

:: Phalanx Hand, this is Force commander Damas of the Springhawk. I was sent to prevent hostilities from breaking out in this system, but it seems I've arrived too late. I am therefore requesting that you transmit all sensor data you've collected since arriving in the system so we can determine what exactly transpired here. Use line of sight communication only, we don't want any eavesdroppers crashing the party. :: *As he spoke, Damas continued studying the hologram of the system, noting the crippled star destroyer as well as the small fleet sitting well outside weapons range of the apparent skirmish.*

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Donations: $10+

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 am

*In meticulous formation, four Chiss Destroyers held their postion. However, attached to their hulls were colossal icebergs, which gave the formation the appearance of a asteroid complex, rather than a strike force. Attached to each destroyer was a tanker that contained the freeze throwers that had allowed them to create these shields. The icebergs were attached on the vulnerable systems, like the engines and hangar bays - which was a clear drawback when trying to move or deploy fighters, but it essentially transformed each destroyer into a floating fortress.

Which was about to have its mettle tested.

Aboard the Dauntless, Commander Skyes watched the displays flash with deadly telemetry. The three other destroyers, Indomitable, Stalwart and Invincible showed similar attack. Shields were up, the crews were at stations and they had positioned themselves to distribute the attack intensity and provide a narrow profile. Yet, he felt a icy sweat break out as the sheer volume of the attack continued to increase.*

*It was like swatting gnats and the attack closed*

*The Dauntless rocked under the barrage. Readouts began flashing as the shields protested under the onslaught. The icebergs began to disintegrate, but the support tankers hosed the instantly congealing freeze to reform the barriers.*

*Most hulls would have ruptured as the sub-zero temperatures warped the structure - but thanks to Kraus, their hulls were tempered to withstand such abuse. The ice barrier formed on the Stalwarts hull and absorbed the abuse. Although the batteries were useless on that sector until they broke it off. The inconvenience was an acceptable trade-off to having them vent their atmosphere to space. Skyes was impressed. The unorthodox tactic would allow them enough time to land the Providence and maybe even neutralize the CEDF navy.*

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:11 pm

[quote="Plu Or'dinii":2kf2oi6p][Bridge, Bes'bavar-class assault cruiser, in orbit over Nirauan][npc name=Lt. Aqua:2kf2oi6p][narration:2kf2oi6p]Seconds later, the Mandalorian flagship's external lights began to wink in a strange pattern which was repeated three times. Even if none of the Chiss could interpret Mon Calamari blink code, it should have been recognizable as a defined, linguistic pattern and an attempt to communicate.[/narration:2kf2oi6p]

[list:2kf2oi6p][i:2kf2oi6p]THIS IS CAPT VEVUT MANDO CLAN ORDINII
[action:2kf2oi6p]pause[/action:2kf2oi6p]
ACTION AGAISNT NIRUAUN IS POSSIBLE ACT OF WAR
[action:2kf2oi6p]pause[/action:2kf2oi6p]
PLEASE MAKE CONTACT WISH TO AVOID HOSTILITIES[/i:2kf2oi6p][/list:u:2kf2oi6p][/npc:2kf2oi6p][/quote:2kf2oi6p]
"What in blazes is that warship doing?" [narration:2kf2oi6p]Very nearly glaring out the forward viewport, Damas' mood was significantly more foul now that he had taken a brief amount of time to partially review the sensor data sent from the phalanx hand in the brief time between the hand dropping it's jamming, in compliance with the cease and desist order, and the springhawk picking it back up, for security's sake. Damas directed his query at the ship's diplomatic officer, a chiss by the name of Formas. He was a tall, slender man that somehow still managed to be shorter than the commander himself, and was garbed in the flowing gold and black garments of a Chaf diplomat, though the black accents had been an addition of his own.[/narration:2kf2oi6p] "Perhaps he is attempting to communicate. If memory serves, there are several outside species that utilize such methods. This particular pattern brings to mind a method I once observed a mon calamari captain demonstrate."

[narration:2kf2oi6p]Damas eyed the officer sideways, a sign of just how irritating Formas' memory could be, then turned to one of the bridge officers and barked an order.[/narration:2kf2oi6p] "Search the archives for anything resembling mon calamari blink code. I want to know what they're saying." [narration:2kf2oi6p]As the officer turned, Formas raised a hand and cleared his throat.[/narration:2kf2oi6p] "What is it?" "If I may, I believe my recollection is clear enough to offer a rudimentary translation." "Fine. What's he saying?" [narration:2kf2oi6p]Formas turned to a nearby console and called up a replay of the blinking lights, then after a study of the entire message turned back to the commander.[/narration:2kf2oi6p] "It seems the sender is a Captain by the name of Vevut, and a member of the mandalorian clan Ordinii. They seem to think we have started a war and would like to speak with us in the hopes of avoiding further hostilities." [narration:2kf2oi6p]Then almost as an afterthought, he added...[/narration:2kf2oi6p] "If memory serves."

[narration:2kf2oi6p]The man's ego was insufferable. In all likelihood, he could have deciphered the meaning of the message without any reference point within the hour, and he was somehow afraid his memory may be faltering? Csilla would melt before that happened. No, that final statement had not been made in the belief that he may be incorrect, but rather it had simply been added as an attempt at false modesty, as poorly concealed as every other attempt he'd made at it since being assigned to Damas. In short, Formas was a genius, even among the chiss, and everyone, especially him, knew it.[/narration:2kf2oi6p]

[narration:2kf2oi6p]Turning back to the viewport, Damas studied the mandalorian fleet briefly.[/narration:2kf2oi6p] "Comm, Deactivate hyperwave jamming and send burst package beta to the nearest exploratory fleet, then reactivate." "Yes sir." [narration:2kf2oi6p]A pause while the message is sent.[/narration:2kf2oi6p] "Done sir." "Excellent. Now get me a connection with that warship. Line of sight laser comms only, maintain jamming." "Connection established."

[comlink:2kf2oi6p]Captain Vevut, this is Force Commander Damas of the Chiss Ascendancy. The former ruler of this world, a man by the name of Benjamin Shar Jinn, has been bested in combat and fled the system, leaving this world in the hands of the Ascendancy by right of conquest. If you are an ally of his then this need go no further and you will be allowed to withdraw peacfully; but make no mistake, this world is now a colony of the Chiss Ascendancy and will be defended as such.[/comlink:2kf2oi6p]

"If I may..." [narration:2kf2oi6p]Formas' words were uttered only after transmission had stopped, and were kept low for the commanders ears only.[/narration:2kf2oi6p] "What is it?" "Perhaps that was not the wisest choice of words. Using such concrete terms in the opening stages of a negotiation leaves little room for adaptation later on." "This is not a negotiation Formas. We both know the value of what's down on that planet, and now that we have the chance to seize it, can we afford to let it go?" [narration:2kf2oi6p]A pause as Formas considered.[/narration:2kf2oi6p] "No, I suppose not." "Then we are in agreement about how to proceed?" [narration:2kf2oi6p]Another short pause.[/narration:2kf2oi6p] "We are." "Good."
Previous

Return to Nirauan's Orbit