Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

The Mines

Affiliation:

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:32 pm

Re: The Mines

*From within the next room, Atrox's eyes open. A calm aura surrounds him, but within he is drowned in agony. Another Master.. gone. He didn't feel ready, but he had to be. To carry on as Lord Maleficus' legacy.. he had to be strong. For Bellus..

His focus wanders the universe as Atrox wondered where his sister might be.. His mind no longer in the room as his body was, but searching through the force itself. Seeking out his only kin. Her presence was faint.. Kuat? Why would they be on Ku- !

Was she too, preparing to take Malachor?*

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:05 am

"I've had enough of waiting."

*I touch my finger to the tattoo on my forehead. Due to the fact that we are all linked in this power, with this energy, this method of communication is possible. A burning sears through the minds and skins of Vihata, Atrox, Thanatos, and Elementus. We five...we who are a part of the Phalanx. I am summoning the others here to Subterrel.*

<<Come, my friends...the time is now.>>

Affiliation:

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:06 am

*Atrox feels a deep burning sensation on his chest. His grips at his robes and tears them away to reveal the dark mark, the same that he had seen upon Lord Maleficus' chest, now glowing bright red on his own.*

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:44 pm

"Now we wait..."

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:18 am

*My right forearm begins to burn in response to Lapay's actions, but my mind is on the mysterious message, and on Lapay's words only a moment ago. I can't help but wonder how I could be expected to lead when I am incapable of even understanding this...this...

That's when it strikes me, and I can sense the irritation of the entity turning into something as close to happiness and satisfaction as I have ever felt from it. I was correct in assuming that it was attempting to communicate with me. The implications of this new revelation are unclear, however, for they suggest that this creature is not simply a dormant source of power within my being. Instead, it suggests that it is an entirely separate being, bordering on sentience itself. It feeds on my hatred, and in return, grants me an even greater source of power to draw on as my own reserves deplete. As I stand there contemplating this turn of events, something resembling flickers of deep red electricity begins to dance across my body - a physical manifestation of the entity's presence. The flickers disappear a moment later as I bid the creature to be silent. A smile once again forms on my face. The Shadow State has indeed granted me a power beyond my wildest dreams.

It's all so clear now.

It has a name.

Hade.*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:47 pm

OOC: Guys im not even on the planet, but yea i come since you randomly decided to show up lol + i dont really check this thread, should have sent me a message gannon but no harm done i will be here shortly*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:35 pm

*Atrox snaps from his meditation and senses an old, familiar presence. He stands and makes his way towards Veredus*

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:03 pm

*As the Aurek Fighter screams overhead Lycan jumps out of this ship as it flys off and hits the ground with a ground breaking explosion the smoke and dust clear and Lycan starts to run for Vin*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:51 am

*The fail safe charges set on all the mining equipment beep once indicating thier proximity fuses are armed.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:15 pm

*Sira lands just outside the entrances. I look inside--* <<What do you know, Sira, somebody tried to blow the place. No good now, but we'll have to be careful with the mining until all the charges have been pulled>>

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:12 am

*After a while I return to Sira.* <<I've seen enough. Let's go>>

*We lift off as I share what I've seen with her. Mining equipment has been destroyed in a few places. Not too many, but some. It'll have to be replaced before mining can continue, and the charges will have to be disposed of. The mines are rich though.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:45 pm

*The Action-Keynne now has been sitting for several days as the techs inspect every inch of the mines, determining what it will take to get them in working order again. what equipment will have to be shipped in. While one of the crew, a demolitions expert, finally pulls the last of the demolition charges from a coring machine, Kerrigan sits at the transport's comm and sends the inventory of needed equipment off. It should arrive in a couple of days, along with the crews to help install it all.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:48 am

*The new transport lands and crews begin offloading equipment while the techs move it into place. For the most part it is the processing equipment that needs the most work, and that's not far into the mines.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:05 pm

*By now, nearly half of the shafts have been opened up and are operational. Kerrigan stands by the master control panel, switching power to each one...Shaft 16B is the primary one he watches, for within its depths is a deposit of ultrachrome. There's even an order in place for the metal, an order that will require some tons of ore.

He throws the switch, and after considerable delay the first few large chunks of ore emerge from the shaft.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:20 pm

*A day later, the shafts are for the most part up and running. There has been the usual trouble with some parts being defective, and accidents; however, no one has been badly injured and all but five shafts are pulling at least some ore. Most power is going to the half dozen shafts that reach into the deposit of ultrachrome, while the ore is being extruded into doors just over a meter thick. These are loaded into the Action-Keynne; at present only a dozen of them are complete and have been tested free of defects, but as the impurities are worked out of the long-dormant machinery they begin emerging from the assembly line defect-free.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:28 am

*With the extruders in full operation now, the first hundred doors are complete and loaded. And what Kerrigan has always known as "bonanza" has just been found--deep inside the mines nearly a hundred kilometers away from the main processing complex, aurodium has been found.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:20 pm

*Only fifty of the original three hundred doors ordered remain to be extruded. A dozen extras will be produced in order to have spares if needed. Meanwhile, the ore for the last hundred is out of the mine shafts and being processed--more ore is being mined, but the power that was diverted almost solely to the ultrachrome shafts has been redistributed more evenly among the rest of the shafts as well. Carvanium and Neutronium are now being stockpiled for the production of Durasteel, and some Lathanide is being stored up as well.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:56 am

*The last of the doors is loaded into the Action-Keynne, and it lifts off. Kerrigan watches it depart.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:19 pm

*By the time the Action-Keynne has returned, the shafts have produced nearly a hundred fifty tons of processed Nuetronium and carvanium. Aurodium is more difficult to pull out, and of the fifty tons of ore removed from the mines perhaps half a ton of pure aurodium will be produced.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:32 pm

*With a reluctant glance at the shafts, Kerrigan reaches for a level in the control center. The storage units are filled; until either someone makes a large purchase or new units get built no more ore can be mined and processed. He throws the lever and a warning klaxon sounds prior to the powering down of all mining equipment. Over fifteen thousand tons each of the more common minerals found in the mines sit in the warehouses; of the less common metals, easily fifty to seventy tons each, and rare metals are processed and waiting in quantities of up to five tons.*
PreviousNext

Return to Subterrel's Terrain