Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Diabolous vs Dante

High Councilor, Battle Arena
High Councilor, Battle Arena

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Diabolous vs Dante

*The Nature of the arena our combatants find themselves in is one of strict usefullness. A flat square floor, 50 feet by 50 feet, open on all 4 sides. 15 feet back from the tournament platform is a 20 foot wall, and behind that wall are the arena seats. They are filled with spectators screaming and cheering, booing and carrying on*

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: Diabolous vs Dante

*It was an interesting arena, Dante had to give them that; a raised platform fifty feet by fifty feet, made out of stone. The platform itself two meters off the ground, and supported by four columns at each of the platforms corners. Each column seemed to have several concentric rings that led to the top of each column. Fifteen feet back from the arena itself is a twenty foot high wall, stretching as wide as the eye could see. This, seemed to contain the spectators. The platform itself seemed to be situated in the middle of an artificial desert - strange synthetic white sand grouped around the base of the pillars, and stretched as far as the eye could see...giving an interesting patch of terrain should the fight fall to the "ground" off of the platform.*

*Dante himself stood on the spectator side of the platform wearing his traditional clothing - full body, black, bio-gel body suit, black flex-armor pants with shell spider silk underlay, knee high suregrip boots, two armorplast plated power gloves, a long-sleeved and high collared shell spider silk shirt, and a black flex-armor greatcoat, cut in the style of a preter jacket. Being a preter jacket, the coat was designed to have deep pockets at the ends of its sleeves, in these deep pockets there are several high strength magnets (five magnets per sleeve), attached to these magnets are the following; bladed micromines (disc shaped micro mines with unpowered circular blades encompassing the disc. Relatively small and light, two per sleeve. Four bangcaps, small spheres that explode with a loud clap of sound and light, can inflict moderate damage with a direct hit, two per sleeve. Two smoke bombs, non harmful, one in each sleeve (Total of three slots: Micromine, bangcap, and smoke bomb) Besides this, Dante wore his imperial knight style (legitly acquired from the acting emperor of the time of the Fel empire) cortosis gauntlets. These gauntlets have been specially made so that the wrist overlaps more than usual, eliminating the harmful gap in the armor. It should be noted that the left gauntlet contains an integrated heavy wrist charric pistol (16 meter rage, 40 shot capacity, legitly acquired from a PC aristocra) which is mounted on the side of the gauntlet, with the barrel terminating on the left side of my wrist, with control over the pistol being maintained by a metal loop around my index finger. The right gauntlet contains a wrist repulsor grappling gun (100 meter range, winch capable of lifting 150 kg 10m per second.), the grappling gun fires a repulsor driven grappling hook attached by way of duracord, and serves the dual function as a climbing device, as well as that of an electrifiable clingwire assembly. The hook itself is insulated, with the head of the hook equipped with a gription clip. It should be noted that the winch and electrifying option cannot be used in concert. Both gauntlets are quipped with an integrated flashstick, with the refracting crystal of the stick set into the top of the wrist of either gauntlet - because of the reduced size of the stick, the power cells only have enough charge for one flash each, with the flash features needing a five second charge time, during which all other devices on the gauntlet are unusable. (Four slots: Two flash sticks, one repulsor grappling gun, one charric.). Dante also carries a phrik dueling blade, equipped with an insulated ultrasonic vibration generator in the hilt, kept in a scabbard on his left hip. (One slot, sword blade.) All tech has been legitly acquired with RP being presentable should it be requested, all tech is canon, and found in the SW universe, with links to said technology being available on request.*

*Silently, Dante stood on the platform, drawing in the force around him, and preparing for the fight ahead. Smoothly, he drew his dueling blade with his right hand - at the same time, he held his wrist at an odd angle...a faint whine being emitted from the gauntlet (the whine being only audible lest you stood next to him). Using the force, he began suffusing his body with the energy, allowing himself to fall into the well practiced loop of drawing in energy into his body, and then the expenditure of that energy through exercise. The energy would augment his physical abilities, at the cost of using most other powers. Such was the matukai way. His already prodigious strength (afforded to him by way of cardio-muscular implants) would be augmented further by the force, his speed, balance, agility, and other attributes would also take a sharp rise - giving a performance level far beyond the human norm. There was a draw back to this power however - Dante was unable to use what many considered to be "basic" powers, with nearly all sense and alter skills being cut off from him. Feats of TK, danger sense, even basic telepathy were all but foreign to him in exchange for physical ability. Because of this, in some aspects he is vastly weaker than most force users, and due to this has to rely on technology for achieving certain feats. In other aspects, he all but dwarfs the common force user in feats of hand to hand combat and sheer physical ability.*

*Silently, Dante stood on the platform, arms held out from his body slightly, head leaned back slightly - his eyes closed. He stood there basking in the throb of the force within himself...enjoying the feel of the wind and nature around him.*

"Ahhhhhhh...It's a good day. A goooood day."

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:07 am

Ana harrani sa alaktasa la tarat. Erset la tari. Ati me peta babka. Peta babkama luruba anaku. Ina inu erset la tari. {Road Whose Course Does Not Turn Back. Gatekeeper, Open Your Gate for Me. Open the Gate for Me So That I Can Enter Here. Through the land of no return.}
*My eyes shoot open as the force bursts into my entire being, my soul flooded with its powerful embrace. The energy coursing through my body was addictive sweet but yet so bitter. My focus snaps onto Dante's physical appearance like a crocodile's jaw on its prey. He would feel my palpable presence, even a non-force sensitive can feel the intimidation. As short as I was compared to a human, really only an inch below the statistically average height, I still had a large presence that couldn't be denied.*

*It wasn't just the dark energy that seemed to roll off me like some invisible dark cloud, but even my appearance spoke of a dark nature. The dark cloak that rolled over my shoulders, the ends tattered from obvious use. The hood of the cloak carefully covering my head, but it was the simple steel grey mask that covered my face that seemed to speak to you most. Strange runes that seemed of no other language in the galaxy ran down the sides and center. Strangely though, it all was perfectly symmetrical, perfect balance.*

*Though if your eyes did not notice the mask, they most likely would notice what was held in my hands. A large shield, seemingly carved from a demon itself, stood forth before me like its own sentinel. It almost whispered into your ear to turn away and run, to escape its sight lest it devour you, or at the least the very spirit within you. A expert at metallurgy would notice the cortosis ore that ran over it, and a keen observer of it would notice the phrik that ran under it. The sides of the shield seeming to have its own sharp edge, a weapon within itself.*

*Within my opposite hand, my right one that seems to have a noticeable leather glove, something you can't see behind a shield. Gripped into that black glove is the hilt of a terrible sword, it's dark gleam seems to glow a slight -blue in the right light. A optical illusion, or perhaps it is false a sign suggesting it being imbued with the force, or maybe it was just the phrik it was made of. Who knew but the dark one who wields it? It's sharp edge seems to beckon for blood, and I would not let that desire fail to be satisfied.*

*I take a step toward Dante slowly, just to see if he does the same. My eyes never leave his own, piercing blades, always watching to see what he does next. I feel the two paired lightsabers that sit on my belt, beautifully crafted phrik hilts, my parents own lightsabers they gave each other when they were wed. Now a reminder of all I do in this galaxy, to rid the world of weakness, to rid the world of the pathetic excuse of peace we are so often shown. Vis sic pacem, para bellum. If you wish for peace, prepare for war.*

*I lift my shield and move it to cover the majority of my body, the blade in my right hand falls in beside it horizontally with the point aimed directly at Dante. My mask peers over the top, a strange contrast of color to the rest of me, and almost hidden beyond it my dark beady eyes staring forward. On my lower back, hidden under the folds of my cloak, remains my final weapon, a yellow bladed lightsaber. The blade of man who killed my parents, a tribute to those I must kill.*

*All was quiet as the flow of the force continued onward and the echoes of my voice seeped away into nothingness. The crowd had grown silent, waiting, watching, wondering what was to come next. I was ready, ready for this being who seems more than he is. I would not be the one who fell tonight, I would not stop until I had Dante's head, or what ever was left of it. Such was the way I played, forever walking down the road to the land of no return.*

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:57 am

[narration:1pikuwax]He felt it - a disruption in the force through his body. Nay, not a disruption...a reverberation, a REACTION to something other. Most odd...most odd indeed...the sensation was strange, palpable. Force sense? No. It was...emotion, strong emotion. Dark emotion.[/narration:1pikuwax]

[action:1pikuwax]Cracking his eyes, Dante spied the man across the platform, and lazily closed his eyes once more. Oh joy...yet another Sith. Not that he didn't have respect for the Sith, but he felt they were simply all the same; black everywhere, mask and demon references, crazy languages...[/action:1pikuwax]

[quote="Diabolus":1pikuwax][color=#800000:1pikuwax]Ana harrani sa alaktasa la tarat. Erset la tari. Ati me peta babka. Peta babkama luruba anaku. Ina inu erset la tari.[/color:1pikuwax] [color=#999999:1pikuwax]{Road Whose Course Does Not Turn Back. Gatekeeper, Open Your Gate for Me. Open the Gate for Me So That I Can Enter Here. Through the land of no return.}[/color:1pikuwax]
[/quote:1pikuwax]
[action:1pikuwax]Mmm...gotta love those crazy languages. You fight one sith, you fight them all, with few exceptions. Maybe a sith sword here, a lanvarok there, sith alchemy to mix things up...but essentially...all the same. Force powers for example - very few sith learned force healing for some reason, even though it was an incredible boon to them...perhaps they thought it was weak.

He was counting on that assumption of weakness.

With his eyes closed, Dante's ears strained to hear movement...[/action:1pikuwax]

*[i:1pikuwax]Clunk[/i:1pikuwax]*

[action:1pikuwax]And he heard it. And at the precise moment he heard that footstep, he let his left wrist straighten out; from which an utterly blinding flash emanated from the jewel set into his gauntlets wrist. It was a simple affair honestly - the flash emanated from the flashstick assembly built into his gauntlet. Using a capacitor, it took the span of five seconds to charge (which in dueling, is an eternity), hence the whining drone from the gauntlet. During the space that his opponent had uttered his nonsense, five seconds had easily passed...allowing the energy in the capacitor to build up. Dante wasn't sure, but could guess that anyone who was actively walking towards an opponent - especially before a fight had yet to start - would be eyeing his opponent like a hawk...[/action:1pikuwax]

[quote="Diabolus":1pikuwax][narration:1pikuwax]I take a step toward Dante slowly, just to see if he does the same. My eyes never leave his own, piercing blades, always watching to see what he does next.[/narration:1pikuwax][/quote:1pikuwax]

[action:1pikuwax]Because of this, his opponents eyes would be open, and facing Dante - while Dante still had his own eyes closed; in a facade of relaxation. With no warning beyond that of a casual straightening of the wrist, his opponent would have to close his eyes in the space it took light to travel between Dante and his opponent...an unlikely occurrence. There was a snag though; if successful, the flash would overload the optical nerves in his opponents eyes for two hours...and depending on his opponents species, could also potentially stun him for several seconds. Without a force heal - and a concentrated heal at that, as the affected area is rather specific - his opponent would have to wait until the nonlethal, though bothersome, blindness faded away. You had to love those Drall - they really knew how to blind an eyeball.[/action:1pikuwax]

[narration:1pikuwax]Within him, the force throbbed, strengthening the body, enhancing it. Matukai were renowned for their agility, blinding whirlwind speed, peerless balance and dexterity, and for their adaptability...it was this adaptability that Dante combined with deception and misdirection, to obtain a very powerful blend of deceitfulness...[/narration:1pikuwax]

[action:1pikuwax]It was that same speed and agility that Dante put to use for his own purposes; as he straightened his wrist, he brought his left arm up as if he was going to throw a throwing knife. His speed was great in this movement - while not the blinding agility of a force speed, it wasn't the slight increase afforded by a force valor, instead being in between a force speed and force valor - a blur of motion that was discernible, yet incredibly fast. It was this speed that gave the Matukai the ability to wield their polearms with such astounding ability, which allowed them to strike with such precision and grace - perceptions sped up, the body sped up, and the bodies natural abilities were augmented.

It was this dexterity, this quickness of perception, that Dante used as his arm travelled upward; quickly, he darted his hand into his sleeve, until he could feel the ring shaped blades of his micromines against his gloved fingers. Quickly, he grasped the two devices between his knuckles - and as his arm reached the apex of its ascent, his hand simultaneously produced two of the devices grasped firmly in his hand. FIRMLY; because as soon as Dante's arm was in the ready position, he snapped his arm DOWN with the very same speed that had brought his arm to begin with. The result was a SNAP of fabric, and the high pitched *buzz* of something being thrown. The bladed micromines had their uses; they could be attached to a wall and set on a timer, they could be thrown with force - the blades being there to allow the mines to embed themselves and stick to a target. The mines themselves weren't especially deadly though, being rather tiny, they only produced a small explosion a meter in diameter; that explosion though, was highly focused, and if caught within that blast radius, could cause quite a bit of damage. Regardless, it was doubtful that they would penetrate the phrik of his opponents shield...nay, the shield would undoubtedly block the blasts.

But they served another purpose, the primary being distractions, perhaps they would hit the shield (which would most likely blast the brittle cortosis to dust) and push his opponent back several steps. Perhaps they would cause his opponent to dodge. Perhaps they would catch him in the head, and blast his head off (one can hope and dream).[/action:1pikuwax]

Summary:
Dante pretends to be enjoying the breeze, charging his left gauntlets capacitor all the while. This capacitor reaches a full five second charge during the time Diabolus speaks his opening phrase. The dark presence of his opponent alerts Dante to open his eyes slightly, but Dante closes them just as quickly. Now listening for noise from his opponent, Dante waits, and upon hearing his opponents footsteps, Dante simultaneously straightens his wrist and raises his arm. The straightening of the wrist activates the capacitor, which releases a blinding flash that has the potential to blind a target for several hours. As Dante straightens his wrist, he simultaneously bring his arm into a "throwing knife position", and reaches into his preter jacket to grasp two micromines. It should be noted that the throwing motion is a clean SNAPPING motion - that is UP / DOWN, not a UP pause DOWN. Because of this, the micromines can be expected to fly in a half second to a second after the flash; and with good speed as afforded to Dante by his enhanced strength and speed. The micromines are impact activated - and are roughly the size of a cup coaster.

Return to Tournament #7