Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Open Orbit

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:28 am

Re: Open Orbit

[quote="Zuli Madoon":ne5j2m87][narration:ne5j2m87]The [color=#FF8040:ne5j2m87]skin-shifted[/color:ne5j2m87] [color=#00BFFF:ne5j2m87]Jedi Master[/color:ne5j2m87] rolled onto his front and pushed himself upwards. Scrambling to his feet, [color=#0080FF:ne5j2m87]Zuli [/color:ne5j2m87]looked about the cockpit..[/narration:ne5j2m87]

"We've been struck by an EMP Weapon, a space mine of some sort?!" [narration:ne5j2m87][color=#0080FF:ne5j2m87]Zuli [/color:ne5j2m87]boomed the question out in his deep, bassy voice..[/narration:ne5j2m87][/quote:ne5j2m87]
[color=#4040FF:ne5j2m87][i:ne5j2m87]*Zane heard the words of the shape-shifting Jedi Master, and began to come to the realization that the worst was over. The air reeked of burnt ozone and singed circuitry, the sounds being much of the same. Sparks were showering all over the place, and Zane could make out the tell-tale 'crackle' of the fires that were nearby.*[/i:ne5j2m87][/color:ne5j2m87][action:ne5j2m87]Rolling over to face up in the passageway, his eyes were opened to a haze of smoke, emergency lighting, and the dim glow of flames beyond them. That was when he'd heard his Master's voice.[/action:ne5j2m87]

[quote="Will Son'tir":ne5j2m87][ic:ne5j2m87]Oi, you two dead?[/ic:ne5j2m87][/quote:ne5j2m87]

[color=#4040FF:ne5j2m87][i:ne5j2m87]*Zane had felt the brush of his Master's Force-connection just moments before he even asked the question, and so he merely shook his head.*[/i:ne5j2m87][/color:ne5j2m87][action:ne5j2m87]Rolling upward, he came to a crouch beneath the smoky haze. Some of it entered his nasal passages, and he coughed a bit before speaking up.[/action:ne5j2m87]

[color=#BFFFFF:ne5j2m87]"No, sir...but we may be speaking too soon..."[/color:ne5j2m87]

[action:ne5j2m87]He then stood, covering his mouth with the forearm of his robe. The smoke singed his eyes, and he felt them begin to water and tear up as he looked around for a fire-suppression tool. Finding one near him, he depressed the emergency button, allowing the damaged vessel to activate its Emergency Action Protocols. Secondary generators began to attempt coming to life, and Zane could already hear the air-scrubbers trying to start up through the damaged mess. The slat on the fire-suppression device slid open, and Zane grabbed the small cylinder, detaching the delivery system from the side. The next few minutes would be spent trying to put out all of the nearby fires. If the circuitry was already damaged to the point that it was flaming, Zane figured there was no point in worrying about whether or not it received the suppressive foam from the extinguisher.[/action:ne5j2m87]

[color=#BFFFFF:ne5j2m87]"Master...I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but...we should try and get these fires under control as quickly as possible. And I'm sure the bad guys likely already know we're here...it might not be a bad idea to try and get our cover straightened out before they show up."[/color:ne5j2m87]

[color=#4040FF:ne5j2m87][i:ne5j2m87]*Zane shuddered at the thought that they would have to face the enemy before it was time. He realized that they would have to dig deep to make sure their cover wasn't blown. If the worst came - and it likely would, knowing their opponents - and they were captured, their timing in showing up to Abyssissa would be a good bit more than coincidental. Zane supposed their cover - being traders on their way to Tatooine for a pickup - might essentially work. The systems were set up to ensure that their nav records could be modified at any point in time. They could be traders from any particular point, and their navigation systems had an error in tracking. Pulled out of hyperspace by the minefield, the ship would have been at the mercy of it, and thus bringing them to their current predicament. At any rate, Zane thought it prudent to mask his presence in the Force. If necessary, he could draw on his knowledge of Morichro...but that was a last-resort.*[/i:ne5j2m87][/color:ne5j2m87]

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:03 pm

[quote="Innon'Ruuk":184orc4m][action:184orc4m]Warning alarms ring out as Sensor teams receive several hyperwave reports from several Empion Mines near one of the few exits to Abyssissa, seconds later more reports are sent telling of detonation, this is all reported to the NOE Imperial Sovereign Protector in charge of the Listening Post.

He barged into the control room from his side suit to the room.[/action:184orc4m]

[npc name=Protector Statham:184orc4m]Set condition yellow and bring the SS-2 Planetary Plasma Cannon on-line and begin a track, all troops to action ready status, ready shields, cut the All Clear transmission to Pzob and open a channel to the vessel.[action:184orc4m]A few seconds later the channel was opened and the rest of the Protector's orders were followed, he opened himself the force, and became aware of the taint of the lightside nearby.[/action:184orc4m] [comlink:184orc4m]Welcome to Abyssissa, you are trespassing in Imperial occupied territory, State your business or be destroyed.[/comlink:184orc4m][/npc:184orc4m][/quote:184orc4m]

[narration:184orc4m]"[color=#0080FF:184orc4m]Zuli[/color:184orc4m]" stood up, after having dived on the floor once more and rolled around to put out a [color=#FFFFBF:184orc4m]spark ignited fire[/color:184orc4m] on the back of his coat. He heard [color=#0080FF:184orc4m]Will [/color:184orc4m]call out..[/narration:184orc4m]

[quote="Will Son'tir":184orc4m]*A quick Force check tells him to the answer of the contrary to the question he is about to ask. . .*

IC: Oi, you two dead?[/quote:184orc4m]

[narration:184orc4m]And his student's response..[/narration:184orc4m]

[quote="Zane Shadolen":184orc4m]"No, sir...but we may be speaking too soon..."

"Master...I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but...we should try and get these fires under control as quickly as possible. And I'm sure the bad guys likely already know we're here...it might not be a bad idea to try and get our cover straightened out before they show up."[/quote:184orc4m]

[narration:184orc4m][color=#0080FF:184orc4m]Zuli [/color:184orc4m]coughed and sighed, before speaking in character, in the voice of his human persona, "[color=#0080FF:184orc4m]Troyj[/color:184orc4m]"..[/narration:184orc4m]

"Aye, I'm alive Cap'n. The ship's taken a beating.." [narration:184orc4m]"[color=#0080FF:184orc4m]Troyj[/color:184orc4m]" paused for a moment to beat out a small [color=#FFFFBF:184orc4m]fire [/color:184orc4m]on the chair of his [color=#80BFBF:184orc4m]Navigation [/color:184orc4m]Station..[/narration:184orc4m] "But at least we're alive.."

[quote="Innon'Ruuk":184orc4m]:: Welcome to Abyssissa, you are trespassing in Imperial occupied territory, State your business or be destroyed. ::[/quote:184orc4m]

[narration:184orc4m]The transmission from the surface was recieved, although somewhat distorted as it came through the remnants of the [color=#FFFFFF:184orc4m]Ion[/color:184orc4m] damaged [color=#00BF00:184orc4m]Comm-system[/color:184orc4m]. "[color=#0080FF:184orc4m]Troyj[/color:184orc4m]" gulped..[/narration:184orc4m]

"Cap, I'm thinkin' they're gunna blast us into Bantha's dandruff if we don't get on the horn an' let 'em know what's goin' on.."

[narration:184orc4m][color=#0080FF:184orc4m]Zuli's [/color:184orc4m][color=#0040FF:184orc4m]Lightside Force Presence[/color:184orc4m] was diminished, his connection to it was only passive, picking up on feelings and sensations, but not outwardly expressing himself. To any other [color=#0040FF:184orc4m]Force User[/color:184orc4m], it made his alter-ego "[color=#0080FF:184orc4m]Troyj[/color:184orc4m]" have the presence of a vaguely [color=#0040FF:184orc4m]Force Sensitive[/color:184orc4m] being..

But right now..

He had a bad feeling about this..[/narration:184orc4m]

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:18 am

[action:12t7ztyq]Following suit with his colleagues, Will focuses inward on his Force presence and diminishes his own to but a spec; visible as a living sentient but not as one as strong in the Force as a Jedi Master would be expected.[/action:12t7ztyq]

[action:12t7ztyq]He let his own neck go when he heard a staticky transmission from the planets surface.[/action:12t7ztyq]

[quote="Zuli Madoon":12t7ztyq]

[quote="Innon'Ruuk":12t7ztyq]:: Welcome to Abyssissa, you are trespassing in Imperial occupied territory, State your business or be destroyed. ::[/quote:12t7ztyq]

"Cap, I'm thinkin' they're gunna blast us into Bantha's dandruff if we don't get on the horn an' let 'em know what's goin' on.."
[/quote:12t7ztyq]

[action:12t7ztyq]Will furrows his brow quickly trying to figure out how to respond to the Protector without offending him and still being in character.[/action:12t7ztyq]

[action:12t7ztyq]Will thumbs the comm channel open; apparently the secondary power has begun to generate for some of the lower power systems.[/action:12t7ztyq]

[ic:12t7ztyq]Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal. Uh, we had a slight [i:12t7ztyq]engine[/i:12t7ztyq] malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?[/ic:12t7ztyq]

[action:12t7ztyq]Will rubs his lean beard and eyes under the stress of the rediculous line he just fed to the apparent Protector of the system. . .[/action:12t7ztyq]

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:41 am

[quote="Will Son'tir":1flw7ddc][ic:1flw7ddc]Uh, everything's under control. Situation normal. Uh, we had a slight [i:1flw7ddc]engine[/i:1flw7ddc] malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?[/ic:1flw7ddc][/quote:1flw7ddc]

[narration:1flw7ddc]The ship was drifting and passed the Mine field.[/narration:1flw7ddc]

[action:1flw7ddc]Statham, concentrated a bit more and searched outwards for the lightside he felt but it diminished, maybe there was a passenger that was gifted and ceased to exists any more, possibly killed on arrival to the system and detonation of the charges, no matter the presence was gone and the Protector dismissed it, he spoke back after hearing the reply.[/action:1flw7ddc]
[npc name=Protector Statham:1flw7ddc][comlink:1flw7ddc]I'm Fine, Thank you for asking, Thou you are not, We have no ships to assist you and you will be at the mercy of the Planets Gravity. If you survive the crash your about to have, I'll see you soon as we are tracking your decent, Sensors read you have no engine capabilities at present, At your current rate of speed, You have less than ten minutes until you reach the upper atmosphere.[/comlink:1flw7ddc][/npc:1flw7ddc]

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 pm

[quote="Innon'Ruuk":ey2g4ll7][npc name=Protector Statham:ey2g4ll7][comlink:ey2g4ll7]I'm Fine, Thank you for asking, Thou you are not, We have no ships to assist you and you will be at the mercy of the Planets Gravity. If you survive the crash your about to have, I'll see you soon as we are tracking your decent, Sensors read you have no engine capabilities at present, At your current rate of speed, You have less than ten minutes until you reach the upper atmosphere.[/comlink:ey2g4ll7][/npc:ey2g4ll7][/quote:ey2g4ll7]
[action:ey2g4ll7]Looking out of the forward viewport, Zane begins to notice that the drift of the vessel the gentleman on the comms was referring to was perhaps a bit short-sighted.*[color=#4040FF:ey2g4ll7]*Maybe the electromagnetic interference of the Empion mines were interfering with their instruments, or perhaps the relays were just a bit off, but Zane estimated that they had upwards of about fifteen minutes to provide themselves with power to their engines.*[/color:ey2g4ll7]*With that noted, Zane looked down at the forward consoles. A few of them were already blinking to life (those not riddled with carbon scoring from the recent energy surge), and Zane was already hard at work going through several different hard-startup protocols after setting down his fire-suppressor.[/action:ey2g4ll7]

[color=#BFFFFF:ey2g4ll7]"...Not a lot of time to work with, Captain -- but I'm already starting to get our repulsor-jets back online to help align ourselves for re-entry. Navigations estimate our time-stream a little differently, but I'm willing to go with the ten-minute window just for safety." [action:ey2g4ll7]He taps a few extra keys, and then a few sounds could be heard on the outside of the vessel. Vents were kicking on, and the ship was beginning to align itself.[/action:ey2g4ll7] "If you guys think you can continue here, I'll attempt to get down to Engineering and work from that side to get ourselves some engine power. I'll have my comm tapped into the local secure channel."[/color:ey2g4ll7]

[action:ey2g4ll7]Placing the earbud in his ear, Zane taps it to indicate that his comm was now synced with the ship's internal comms. He motions to Zuli, and then to the aft of the vessel.[/action:ey2g4ll7]

[color=#BFFFFF:ey2g4ll7]"Hey, Chief...you think you could lend me a hand?"[/color:ey2g4ll7] [color=#4040FF:ey2g4ll7][i:ey2g4ll7]*He was attempting to keep things in-character, and 'Troyj', as his cover suggested, was the other handy-man of the three-man trade crew that knew his way around.*[/i:ey2g4ll7][/color:ey2g4ll7] [color=#BFFFFF:ey2g4ll7]"Just gotta lock down the feeder ports, and I might have to put out whatever fires are nearby..."[/color:ey2g4ll7]

[action:ey2g4ll7]He couldn't wait for an answer, he could only focus on the task ahead. Picking up the suppressor-unit, Zane takes off toward the exit of the bridge area. A left and a right later, and he found himself in the secondary access point that led to the lower levels of the ship. That 'access point' being a sort of hole in the floor with a pole connecting the two levels. Figuring he only had upwards of eight minutes remaining within his ten-minute window, he was quick to slide down the pole to the lower level. The scene of which was much the same as he'd seen upstairs. Remembering the layout quite-well, he soon found himself in the engine room. Sparks were flying about in a lot of places, but luckily no fires were present. Shedding his outer robe, the Jedi Apprentice quickly went to work bringing up the terminal interface. He'd continue working on that, waiting on his fellow Jedi counterpart to arrive, and relaying that he'd arrived to his Master.[/action:ey2g4ll7]

[comlink:ey2g4ll7]Setting up down here, Cap. You should be seeing me come up on your screen in a few moments. I'm going to start getting secondary engines online, then our primary generator, and if we can pull ourselves out of this free-fall, I'll get main engines operational.[/comlink:ey2g4ll7] [action:ey2g4ll7]He continued punching the necessary keystrokes to bring up the terminal's start-up screen, and then continued.[/action:ey2g4ll7] [comlink:ey2g4ll7]I'll just need you to help me with power distribution once we kick things off back here. You copy?[/comlink:ey2g4ll7]

[color=#4040FF:ey2g4ll7][i:ey2g4ll7]*His mind was racing furiously. Zane realized that he was still going to need to change things up a bit with his wardrobe. The coldness of space had made him go back for his robe, despite the rest of his attire being civilian. He momentarily mused that he really needed to get himself a good jacket. Regardless, he would have to make a stop back by the smuggling compartment if he wanted to keep his cover from being busted. They wouldn't have a chance to get away without being boarded at one point or another. That much, Zane was now certain of...*[/i:ey2g4ll7][/color:ey2g4ll7]

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:12 pm

[quote="Innon'Ruuk":1ipdctiq]
[npc name=Protector Statham:1ipdctiq][comlink:1ipdctiq]I'm Fine, Thank you for asking, Thou you are not, We have no ships to assist you and you will be at the mercy of the Planets Gravity. If you survive the crash your about to have, I'll see you soon as we are tracking your decent, Sensors read you have no engine capabilities at present, At your current rate of speed, You have less than ten minutes until you reach the upper atmosphere.[/comlink:1ipdctiq][/npc:1ipdctiq][/quote:1ipdctiq]

[narration:1ipdctiq]And with that, his Padawan Zane Shadolen was already gone from the cockpit before Will could give him any orders. With an impresses eyebrow raised, Master Son'tir's piercing blue eyes trace from the doorway where Zane had blazed through towards the engine compartment, back to the comm console where Protector can be heard giving their advisory.[/narration:1ipdctiq]

[action:1ipdctiq]Will thumbs the transmission button once more.[/action:1ipdctiq]

[comlink:1ipdctiq]Ten minutes, you say? Well I will see you fifteen\-- if you don't mind, Protector. We will need to land for repairs, of course.[/comlink:1ipdctiq]

[action:1ipdctiq]Will thumbs the external transmission silent for the moment and thumbs the comlink that connects them to Zane.[/action:1ipdctiq]

[comlink:1ipdctiq]Kid, I hope you work fast and get those engines fired up for reentry; if not, we are in for some massive headaches that would make a rancor cry. you get me?[/comlink:1ipdctiq]

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:44 am

[quote="Zane Shadolen":2wn86ulp][quote="Innon'Ruuk":2wn86ulp][npc name=Protector Statham:2wn86ulp][comlink:2wn86ulp]I'm Fine, Thank you for asking, Thou you are not, We have no ships to assist you and you will be at the mercy of the Planets Gravity. If you survive the crash your about to have, I'll see you soon as we are tracking your decent, Sensors read you have no engine capabilities at present, At your current rate of speed, You have less than ten minutes until you reach the upper atmosphere.[/comlink:2wn86ulp][/npc:2wn86ulp][/quote:2wn86ulp]
[action:2wn86ulp]Looking out of the forward viewport, Zane begins to notice that the drift of the vessel the gentleman on the comms was referring to was perhaps a bit short-sighted.*[color=#4040FF:2wn86ulp]*Maybe the electromagnetic interference of the Empion mines were interfering with their instruments, or perhaps the relays were just a bit off, but Zane estimated that they had upwards of about fifteen minutes to provide themselves with power to their engines.*[/color:2wn86ulp]*With that noted, Zane looked down at the forward consoles. A few of them were already blinking to life (those not riddled with carbon scoring from the recent energy surge), and Zane was already hard at work going through several different hard-startup protocols after setting down his fire-suppressor.[/action:2wn86ulp]

[color=#BFFFFF:2wn86ulp]"...Not a lot of time to work with, Captain -- but I'm already starting to get our repulsor-jets back online to help align ourselves for re-entry. Navigations estimate our time-stream a little differently, but I'm willing to go with the ten-minute window just for safety." [action:2wn86ulp]He taps a few extra keys, and then a few sounds could be heard on the outside of the vessel. Vents were kicking on, and the ship was beginning to align itself.[/action:2wn86ulp] "If you guys think you can continue here, I'll attempt to get down to Engineering and work from that side to get ourselves some engine power. I'll have my comm tapped into the local secure channel."[/color:2wn86ulp]

[action:2wn86ulp]Placing the earbud in his ear, Zane taps it to indicate that his comm was now synced with the ship's internal comms. He motions to Zuli, and then to the aft of the vessel.[/action:2wn86ulp]

[color=#BFFFFF:2wn86ulp]"Hey, Chief...you think you could lend me a hand?"[/color:2wn86ulp] [color=#4040FF:2wn86ulp][i:2wn86ulp]*He was attempting to keep things in-character, and 'Troyj', as his cover suggested, was the other handy-man of the three-man trade crew that knew his way around.*[/i:2wn86ulp][/color:2wn86ulp] [color=#BFFFFF:2wn86ulp]"Just gotta lock down the feeder ports, and I might have to put out whatever fires are nearby..."[/color:2wn86ulp]

[action:2wn86ulp]He couldn't wait for an answer, he could only focus on the task ahead. Picking up the suppressor-unit, Zane takes off toward the exit of the bridge area. A left and a right later, and he found himself in the secondary access point that led to the lower levels of the ship. That 'access point' being a sort of hole in the floor with a pole connecting the two levels. Figuring he only had upwards of eight minutes remaining within his ten-minute window, he was quick to slide down the pole to the lower level. The scene of which was much the same as he'd seen upstairs. Remembering the layout quite-well, he soon found himself in the engine room. Sparks were flying about in a lot of places, but luckily no fires were present. Shedding his outer robe, the Jedi Apprentice quickly went to work bringing up the terminal interface. He'd continue working on that, waiting on his fellow Jedi counterpart to arrive, and relaying that he'd arrived to his Master.[/action:2wn86ulp]

[comlink:2wn86ulp]Setting up down here, Cap. You should be seeing me come up on your screen in a few moments. I'm going to start getting secondary engines online, then our primary generator, and if we can pull ourselves out of this free-fall, I'll get main engines operational.[/comlink:2wn86ulp] [action:2wn86ulp]He continued punching the necessary keystrokes to bring up the terminal's start-up screen, and then continued.[/action:2wn86ulp] [comlink:2wn86ulp]I'll just need you to help me with power distribution once we kick things off back here. You copy?[/comlink:2wn86ulp]

[color=#4040FF:2wn86ulp][i:2wn86ulp]*His mind was racing furiously. Zane realized that he was still going to need to change things up a bit with his wardrobe. The coldness of space had made him go back for his robe, despite the rest of his attire being civilian. He momentarily mused that he really needed to get himself a good jacket. Regardless, he would have to make a stop back by the smuggling compartment if he wanted to keep his cover from being busted. They wouldn't have a chance to get away without being boarded at one point or another. That much, Zane was now certain of...*[/i:2wn86ulp][/color:2wn86ulp][/quote:2wn86ulp]

[narration:2wn86ulp]"[color=#0080FF:2wn86ulp]Troyj[/color:2wn86ulp]" grins at[color=#0080FF:2wn86ulp] Zane's[/color:2wn86ulp] words. He nodded and chuckled a reply through seemingly deathstick stained, yellowing teeth..[/narration:2wn86ulp]

"Aye Lad, let's bring this beasty back to life before we're toast.."

[narration:2wn86ulp]"[color=#0080FF:2wn86ulp]Troyj[/color:2wn86ulp]" ran off with [color=#0080FF:2wn86ulp]Zane [/color:2wn86ulp]but went to engineering via the sleeping quarters. He pulled out his case and opened a small side panel. There was a small device inside, which "[color=#0080FF:2wn86ulp]Troyj[/color:2wn86ulp]" picked up and then closed and put away the case. Heading back towards the route the younger man took, as "[color=#0080FF:2wn86ulp]Troyj[/color:2wn86ulp]" went, he unbuttoned his shirt a bit and pushed the device into his chest. He squirmed and shuffled slightly before sighing somewhat contently and doing up his shirt..[/narration:2wn86ulp]

[action:2wn86ulp]Zuli knew they would be boarded or searched if they made it to the surface for repairs, so he had taken necessary steps to aid either situation..

The device he had pushed inside his body was now connected to his Lightclubs. To any security scan, the equipment inside him would appear to be a cybernetic implant used to control his heart and lung functions. It would stand up to intense scrutiny, unless of course they decided to cut him open that is..

A trick Zuli had developed during the Great Purge..[/action:2wn86ulp]

[narration:2wn86ulp]Now back on track, "[color=#0080FF:2wn86ulp]Troyj[/color:2wn86ulp]" got to the top of the pole. He slid down into the smoky room below. Through the haze could see [color=#0080FF:2wn86ulp]Zane [/color:2wn86ulp]getting to work on the control terminal. He moved across to the primary generator. It was quite heavily damaged from what he could see. He pulled open a maintenance hatch on the side, allowing [color=#FFFFBF:2wn86ulp]sparks [/color:2wn86ulp]to burst forth, He looked inside, most of the generator's control components didn't take the Ion damage too well. "[color=#0080FF:2wn86ulp]Troyj[/color:2wn86ulp]" set the cover to one side and reached out, pulling a nearby drawer open. He retrieved a few tools and began removing the most damaged control components, replacing them where he could. They were fortunate [color=#0080FF:2wn86ulp]Lt. Bosko[/color:2wn86ulp] kept his ships supplied with some spare parts. After a moment, he locked down the feeder ports, as [color=#0080FF:2wn86ulp]Zane [/color:2wn86ulp]had said and replaced the cover..

As soon as he finished, "[color=#0080FF:2wn86ulp]Troyj[/color:2wn86ulp]" span around and looked to [color=#0080FF:2wn86ulp]Zane[/color:2wn86ulp]..[/narration:2wn86ulp]

"Any life in the beast? I've replaced some burnt out parts in the primary generator, just waiting on you before I try reactivating it Young'un.."

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:54 pm

*Sensor crews on the surface continue to monitor the situation, thou it is hard to keep track as the electromagnetic charges have left weird voids in the local area of space. Protector Statham worked on the holo-display, he listens to the crewman telling him of the power fluctuations of the ship as he marks out an area of Abyssissa's surface, fifty square kilometers as a possible crash zone, he didn't have much faith or care if these people survived, heck they may even be able to get power back and want to land for repairs. Time would tell.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:09 pm

[quote="Will Son'tir":2ge2895h][action:2ge2895h]Will thumbs the external transmission silent for the moment and thumbs the comlink that connects them to Zane.[/action:2ge2895h]

[comlink:2ge2895h]Kid, I hope you work fast and get those engines fired up for reentry; if not, we are in for some massive headaches that would make a rancor cry. you get me?[/comlink:2ge2895h][/quote:2ge2895h]
[color=#4040FF:2ge2895h][i:2ge2895h]*As his Master came over the comms with his usual quip involving other-worldly fauna (or in other cases, an acerbic comment involving xenological species, politicians, or someone's mother), Zane could hardly feign a straight face. He - of course - understood the implications of the metaphor; but simply knew that this instance had little to do with rancors or headaches, and rather dealt with things like death and dismemberment. Regardless, he felt compelled to keep his focus, and so he went along with his mentor's comments and tried to keep the chatter to a minimum.*[/i:2ge2895h][/color:2ge2895h]

[comlink:2ge2895h]Of course, Cap...now, I'm about to open up the relays, so I'll need you to manually-set the power distribution to the minimal level that the repulsors can keep working. That way, I can figure out how we can get power to the secondary engines. You go ahead with that, I'm opening the relays...now.[/comlink:2ge2895h]

[action:2ge2895h]He depressed the keys, noting that the power levels were - in fact - beginning to drop. Immediately, he began to see on the display where several conduits and relays weren't getting any electricity to them. Working quickly, he began setting up a proper reroute where the energy could still run through the whole ship, but it would lower the efficiency by a good deal. The way Zane figured it, that would be better than no efficiency at all. As he continued to work on the relays, he noticed Master Zuli walking into the engineering area.[/action:2ge2895h]

[quote="Zuli Madoon":2ge2895h][narration:2ge2895h]Now back on track, "[color=#0080FF:2ge2895h]Troyj[/color:2ge2895h]" got to the top of the pole. He slid down into the smoky room below. Through the haze could see [color=#0080FF:2ge2895h]Zane [/color:2ge2895h]getting to work on the control terminal. He moved across to the primary generator. It was quite heavily damaged from what he could see. He pulled open a maintenance hatch on the side, allowing [color=#FFFFBF:2ge2895h]sparks [/color:2ge2895h]to burst forth, He looked inside, most of the generator's control components didn't take the Ion damage too well. "[color=#0080FF:2ge2895h]Troyj[/color:2ge2895h]" set the cover to one side and reached out, pulling a nearby drawer open. He retrieved a few tools and began removing the most damaged control components, replacing them where he could. They were fortunate [color=#0080FF:2ge2895h]Lt. Bosko[/color:2ge2895h] kept his ships supplied with some spare parts. After a moment, he locked down the feeder ports, as [color=#0080FF:2ge2895h]Zane [/color:2ge2895h]had said and replaced the cover..[/narration:2ge2895h][/quote:2ge2895h]
[color=#4040FF:2ge2895h][i:2ge2895h]*While the Master was working, Zane continued to focus on the relay points. He had already reestablished secondary power to the system, and was now working on the primary relays. Diagnostics began coming in, relating all of the proper power distribution to the access points where they were and were not receiving adequate energy. Zane noticed places where the power wasn't doing anything effective, and flagged those sections so he wouldn't double-back on them in the near moments to come. What [/i:2ge2895h][b:2ge2895h]was[/b:2ge2895h][i:2ge2895h] interesting, however, was the part where Zane currently saw power going to -- secondary engines. More than a few of them were offline - likely out of commission - but Zane saw nominal power fluctuations going through more than half of them. That was a good sign.*[/i:2ge2895h][/color:2ge2895h][action:2ge2895h]Zane looked down for a moment at his wrist-chrono, noting that they had a little over six minutes to accomplish their task (within the allotted time-frame that Zane was accepting, meaning there were still five minutes beyond that before they would be hitting the upper atmosphere). That was about the time that Zuli had made it back over to where he stood at the terminal.[/action:2ge2895h]

[quote="Zuli Madoon":2ge2895h][narration:2ge2895h]As soon as he finished, "[color=#0080FF:2ge2895h]Troyj[/color:2ge2895h]" span around and looked to [color=#0080FF:2ge2895h]Zane[/color:2ge2895h]..[/narration:2ge2895h]

"Any life in the beast? I've replaced some burnt out parts in the primary generator, just waiting on you before I try reactivating it Young'un.."[/quote:2ge2895h]

[color=#4040FF:2ge2895h][i:2ge2895h]*Smiling at the middle-aged-looking male for his colorful rendition of such a quaint term as 'Young'un', Zane looked back to his screen for a moment. Depressing a few keys, he brought up an overview of the vessel. A bright array of hues were displayed - red being the most prominent, but yellows and greens were also present - indicating their current power status; to which Zane would point an index finger at the designated zones and begin explaining.*[/i:2ge2895h][/color:2ge2895h]

[color=#BFFFFF:2ge2895h]"We're still at about 35% in terms of overall power distribution. The red-zones here are where the power levels are insufficient. That's a lot of red." [action:2ge2895h]He looked back for a split second to grin at Zuli, then continued by depressing a section of the yellow. He followed this up by continuing to work on his task as he spoke.[/action:2ge2895h] "What I'm [i:2ge2895h]about[/i:2ge2895h] to do is establish a connection from the secondary generator to the engines that are working with nominal power-flow so we can begin slowing - and hopefully halting - our descent. I'm avoiding engines that have indications saying their fuel-lines are ruptured, so we should be safe when I press...this...button." [action:2ge2895h]He winced as he depressed the key, and a loud whirring sound could be heard behind him as those certain secondary engines began to come online.[/action:2ge2895h] "Ah...that's a [i:2ge2895h]nice[/i:2ge2895h] sound!"[/color:2ge2895h]

[action:2ge2895h]Tapping his comm, he looked back to Zuli and indicated the relay junction between the primary generator and the feed into the primary engines.[/action:2ge2895h]

[comlink:2ge2895h]Okay Captain...you have a 'go' for boosting secondary power and getting ready to slow us down. I'm having 'Troyj' begin work on the feed to the primary engines so I can test out the repairs he's made to the main generator. If all this goes well, we should be able to keep from crashing [i:2ge2895h]and[/i:2ge2895h] manage to stay in orbit...[/comlink:2ge2895h]

[action:2ge2895h]Tapping the comm again, Zane immediately went back to work on the terminal. His first order of business was to establish primary power. As Zane ran a skeleton-test on the generator's ability to function, he was surprised that the feedback scrolled across as "Functionality Restored!" Looking back at Zuli for a moment, he grinned excitedly.[/action:2ge2895h]

[color=#BFFFFF:2ge2895h]"[i:2ge2895h]Stang[/i:2ge2895h]! You're good!" [action:2ge2895h]He pointed to the display.[/action:2ge2895h] "Says here 'Ol' Bessie' is able to function without so much as a hitch! I've got to give it a proper relay test, but...cross your fingers..."[/color:2ge2895h]

[action:2ge2895h]And with that, he continued to work on the primary engine's 'power situation'...[/action:2ge2895h]

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:52 am

[quote="Zane Shadolen":1xh2gz8v]
[comlink:1xh2gz8v]Of course, Cap...now, I'm about to open up the relays, so I'll need you to manually-set the power distribution to the minimal level that the repulsors can keep working. That way, I can figure out how we can get power to the secondary engines. You go ahead with that, I'm opening the relays...now.[/comlink:1xh2gz8v][/quote:1xh2gz8v]

[narration:1xh2gz8v]Out of the front viewport showed the burning friction of the outer atmospheres against the outside hull of the small vessel. Master Will Son'tir's eyes go wide as he feels the gravitational pull of the planet begin to pull on the vessel. The cockpit begins to shake violently his crash mesh is beginning to dig into his chest as the angle starts to come harsh down towards the planet's surface.[/narration:1xh2gz8v]

[action:1xh2gz8v]Quick scans across his status boards told Will that the situation isn't changing on his end; with a deep breath he begins to commune with the Force. . . as he did so, he felt the solution there soon. . .[/action:1xh2gz8v]

[quote="Zane Shadolen":1xh2gz8v][action:1xh2gz8v]Tapping his comm, he looked back to Zuli and indicated the relay junction between the primary generator and the feed into the primary engines.[/action:1xh2gz8v]

[comlink:1xh2gz8v]Okay Captain...you have a 'go' for boosting secondary power and getting ready to slow us down. I'm having 'Troyj' begin work on the feed to the primary engines so I can test out the repairs he's made to the main generator. If all this goes well, we should be able to keep from crashing [i:1xh2gz8v]and[/i:1xh2gz8v] manage to stay in orbit...[/comlink:1xh2gz8v][/quote:1xh2gz8v]

[action:1xh2gz8v]Will opens his eyes as he hears his padawan's voice through the comm, and his status vids indicated exactly what Zane had just told him. With quick taps of the board and a [i:1xh2gz8v]punch thrust[/i:1xh2gz8v] against the acceleration yoke, the engines begin to sputter against the frigid air and oxygen rich environment.[/action:1xh2gz8v]

[narration:1xh2gz8v]But after a few blue flame sputters, the engines roar alive-- just in time for the vessel to level out with 15,000 feet to spare and in approach to their estimated landing area transmitted to them a few short minutes ago by the Protector of the system. The leveling came just in time to make it seems just like a skilled, abrasive and fast approach to the landing. The hard thud off the ice packed landing area was a tell tale about how fast the auxiliary thruster were pushing before touchdown; the entire vessel bucked from the inside out. All the loose items in the vessels were dropped, misplaced and laid astray all about the vessel. Circuits burst into bigger sparks, crash webbing are pushed to their limits. The vessel has landed . . .[/narration:1xh2gz8v]

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:30 am

the space of abyssissa....is brightly reflected of the snow and ice...but the mystery of life still inhabited the surface

Post Wed May 02, 2012 4:12 am

As maces fleet had exited out of hyperspace. then as mace could see his home world all that came to his mind was a hard pressing on his chest. mace only knew the hunger his family experienced while he was a young child but that all changed when his father join the fleet.Mace then walk over to see the maps he had stored in a cabinet from were he left most of the maps of the terrain of the planet. as mace was looking over the general area were he thought his father might be...the sudden thought was vargu!!! *yes mace thought* vargu must know!? so mace headed for the hanger bay

(mace) all stations at code yellow for any unwanted attention..let me know of any miss understandings and if any thing make sure u tell them that your neutral and if need be can go back to the planet ammund. then ask for jins permission to land in a large area for the fleet!

(the fleet) yes captain mace! we will do our best to keep any transmission as friendly and if we do inconter anything we will contact u right away!

(mace) good to hear. ill keep in contact.

(the fleet) Yes captin. we will.

mace then headed for his space equipment then entered his ship..mace then booted up all systems and checked everything was working before taking off. after all mace wanted to be ready for this cold weather..after the checks were done..mace then sat in his seat and prayed a small prayer hoping they will hear him.

(mace) "By the wind my pray fly s, to the west as the sun that rises, to the east it sets, let my spirit be on wings of light, to the future my hole fate may lay"

as mace then open his eyes..mace then exited the hanger and headed for the surface of his home world..were so many memories have been hidden for so long are know waiting for his return....

Post Tue May 22, 2012 5:02 am

as the fleet was drefting in space commander gret was looking over the area for any real advantage against any attacks. as gret was looking over the area he noticed a large amount of asteroids near there possistion! even seeing this gret was afraid it might collide with te planet but wasnt sure...gret then made the choice to contact mace in fear of him getting killed.

(gret) this is commander gret do u read me mace?

(mace) yes gret what is it?!

(gret) im seeing a lot of activity around the area and im afraid that there is a few asteroids heading towards the planet.

mace then stooped to think and knew this wasn't good news but even then...if this was true he had to find his father regardless before this happens.

(mace) thaxs gret ill get back as soon as im done.

(gret) be quick about it mace!

(mace) see u soon commander.

(gret) look forward to it captain.

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:33 pm

meanwhile as the fleet was moving over the orbit of Abyssissa

(gret) this is commander gret I want a report on that asteroid!

(Fleet) we have analysed the asteroid and it seems to be not as bad as we thought is was...the asteroid seems to us as moving through the atmosphere of abyssissa but not great damage maybe a few small asteroids no bigger than a baseball!

(gret) good news I├óÔé¼Ôäóll let the captain now of this news for now keep an eye out for any intruders!

(Fleet) yes sir.
Previous

Return to Abyssissa's Orbit