Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Sith Temple

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: Sith Temple

*Sobrius could tell the man was quietly analyzing him. That meant he was wise; he would find it foolish had he not. And then he spoke. So, it was not only the man's countenance that had become mechanized, for the voice itself was a synthesized monotone. "Decretious," this man called himself. Sobrius politely returned the incline of the head, listening as Decretious stated that he understood that Sobrius had claimed ownership of the world. It was not a question, nor did it leave room for ambiguity. While Sobrius was curious how this Decretious came upon this information, Sobrious only nodded again.*
That is correct.
*Decretious continued, seeming to question why Sobrius allowed the Bith "civilization"├óÔé¼ÔÇØthere seemed to be some slight contempt in that mechanical voice when this word was spoken├óÔé¼ÔÇØto continue on its own. Now, here was a stranger, boldly marching into the Temple, demanding an audience with its leader, and questioning the way he ran things? Brazen. Very much so. But Sobrius had to credit the man's tenacity. So, instead of questioning this, Sobrius smiled amusedly as he began to pace, explaining his plan.*
You see, oppression leads to fear, and fear can be a powerful ally, but it can also cause rebellion.
*Clear contempt of his own accompanied this last word, an angry shadow passing over Sobrius' expression. But as soon as it appeared, it was gone, again replaced by that cordial expression.*
I allow the Bith to continue on their own so long as the Temple receives a percentage of their profits and command over the world's forces when I require it. But I otherwise do not interfere. This puts them at ease.
*He stopped, turning to face Decretious once more, attempting to grin, but it came off more as a cruel sneer.*
With the people at ease, they will be much more sympathetic to my needs, when the time comes.
*Sobrius ended there, believing the point spoke for itself. Truthfully, Sobrius knew the risks and downfalls of oppressing his subjects, and that was a road he did not wish to revisit. Was this something Sobrius wished to keep to himself? Perhaps. But hopefully his case would be strong enough that Decretious need not question it.*

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Decretious stood and listened to Sobrius as he accounted for his decision to allow the Bith people their freedom.
Mimicking the elder Sith's poise with hands clasped behind his back, Decretious furrowed his single-sided brow.

"Your reasoning is fair," he admitted, and took a moment to consider his response before speaking again. He did not hold the 'blunt-object' approach to things that most of his Sith brethren carried in the name of mercilessness and strength. No, Decretious was much more inclined to handling things more delicately, for much the same reason that Sobrius had just presented in his short spiel.
"But sympathy is, by general definition, for the weak. And I do not perceive you as a weak man." The small red orb in the center of his prosthetic left eye shifted vertically, scanning Sobrius for the sake of emphasis. "I would see the reigns tightened on this world, under my ruling," he continued, "I have come to take control over this planet and its people; not sit in a temple and leave the native aliens to their own devices."
Bold words. Provocative, and he knew they were. Not that he intended them as an attack on Sobrius, but he refused to alter the words from their naked authenticity. He had no intention of simply becoming a tenant on this world; he intended to exercise authority and order.
"For this reason," he spoke again after a noticeable pause, "I have come here, into your temple, as a courtesy. I wished to inform you of my intentions, and offer you an opportunity to express your judgment on the matter."
He paused again in his speech to glance around the temple chambers, the expression upon his face typically indifferent to the environment.
"This is not an invitation for you to leave, Lord Sobrius." He stated in what he hoped would be considered as reassuring. "My interest is in this planet's resources, and its people; something you seem to care little for. This Temple may of course remain in your stewardship, but I will move into the Capital City as its ruling government. There is no reason why the two of us could not coexist."
He would have attempted a half-smile if he had thought it would contribute anything to the exchange.
But he didn't, so he retained his straight expression.

Affiliation:

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:20 pm

*Sobrius remained still, the only acknowledgement of Decretious' admitting his reasoning was fair was to raise his chin a few centimeters. But after a moment, Decretious only offered his own counterpoints. In a past life, Sobrius might have become enraged, hostile even, with such bold words. But now, Sobrius merely equated it to banter, something he was used to with his old foe...

And then Decretious announced his intentions: To take over the world, to subjugate its people. And yet, Decretious was not declaring war on Sobrius, nor was it an "invitation" for him to leave. In fact, Decretious was offering him the option to coexist. Rare... truly rare for such a benign offering from another Sith. Of course, Sobrius was not sure if he could actually trust this Sith; he would, of course, feel the same way about all Sith he came across, and he expected the same of any other Sith to feel distrustful of himself.*

I appreciate the courtesy. But I must ask you: What's stopping you from taking the world's forces and turning them against me and this Temple, should you feel so inclined?
*Truthfully, with Sobrius remaining at the Temple, one could argue he possessed the greater forces: Many trained Sith, as well as elite troops with better armor, weaponry, and training. True, Sobrius had little in the way of air forces, but sabotage was the way of the Sith; all he'd have to do is send someone or himself to infiltrate the enemy forces and steal the necessary information. Still, if none of this was ever necessary, then it would make an interesting relationship indeed, even if it reversed many of Sobrius' plans. But his plans had always been disrupted before; now, he would merely adapt.*

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Now, Decretious smiled.
It was a fair question to ask. Though Sobrius, held up in this Temple with his own thrall of Sith occupants could physically easily overthrow anything amounting to a military on this world, the Bith were far more superior in their cerebral advances; biological weaponry or destructive explosives could do away with unsuspecting Force Sensitives absent difficulty.
So then, what was to stop Lord Decretious from invading the Temple once he had control over the planet's forces?

"Nothing." He replied matter-of-factually, and then added, "but there is the simple reality that I would benefit nothing from the action. My interest lies far removed from this Temple.
"I am not a brash, reckless thrall of the Sith Code, wreaking havoc on account of my ability to do so. Unnecessary cruelty is a tired game that I haven't the patience to indulge."

His voice had risen notably in irritation as his rant drove on, though his mechanical tone did not - could not change. For someone who always seemed to despise the sound of his own voice, Decretious certainly caught himself in drawn-out speeches far too often.
"My word is that you may maintain your control over this Temple." He concluded. "If that is not enough for you, then this gesture has wasted both our time. And I am not one to spend such precious resource uneconomically."

Affiliation:

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:39 pm

*Sobrius wasn't entirely convinced that Decretious' word meant anything; elsewhere interests or not, that did little to stop the average Sith from laying waste to a location or stabbing another in the back for the mere reason that he felt like it. Certainly there was the tradition of defeating the Master to prove your superiority, or befriending then betraying an important figure to gain more power. These were acts of Sith. Apart from those, the gesture was merely amateur. One should have a reason to attack another. A legitimate one.

But then Sobrius raised his eyebrows as Decretious spoke words most interesting. He seemed to be mocking the same type of people Sobrius had just felt great disapproval of, calling "unnecessary cruelty" a "tired game." Hadn't Sobrius made similar comments not a few minutes ago? Suddenly, Decretious just became that much more interesting, and true disdain could be heard as the words were spoken. This man, while likely untrustworthy, was easily one Sobrius could see himself getting along with. There were just a few points in Decretious' demands Sobrius felt were worth addressing.*

You may do as you like, so long as, this Temple continues to receive proper funding from the government's resources, as established by my first meeting with the governor.
*Perfectly reasonable, Sobrius believed. Hopefully Decretious would agree. This man may be perhaps the most interesting Sith he had met in many, many ages, a rare find these days. He was certainly worthy of Sobrius' company, judging by his last few words.*

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:12 pm

Decretious considered the circumstance. Not unreasonable at all.
He stood in silence for an extended period, his mechnical left eye continuing to scan Sobrius for no particular features. His right eye, however, remained fixed on the man. Unmoving.
After several potentially uncomfortable moments, he broke the stillness and spoke,
"Agreed. You will continue to receive funding for your Temple."
Far as he was concerned, there was nothing else that needed to be said. But he stood a while longer in case Sobrius had any addendums before this discussion would be concluded. Decretious was not an impatient man, and while he knew that there was much to be done, he would see it all done in his own timing.

Affiliation:

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:47 pm

*As silence ensued and persisted, Sobrius began to wonder if Decretious would accept this condition. Would he require "convincing"? Sobrius truthfully would have rather allowed his operation to continue as is, without outside interference such as this. But he would allow it; with the funding he received, he would still be able to sustain his forces and build up others. Should all else fail, and this was a course he'd rather not take, he still had a hidden cache of funds elsewhere, leftover from his past life. And forces he could carry with him, though they were considerably less competent than the residents of this Temple; regardless of their arbitrary training techniques, they were still quite well-trained.

But the deal was made, Decretious agreeing to continue funding the Temple. Sobrius smiled cordially, bowing slightly to Decretious before speaking.*

Very well then. May your quest be fruitful. Do not hesitate to hail this Temple should there be anything you need.
*A courtesy. Perhaps too much courtesy, but that was yet to be determined. Sobrius knew any dealings with Sith were risky dealings, even with one's own apprentices. His own apprentices he'd rather not recall... But now Decretious and Sobrius could go about their businesses, and perhaps cross paths in the near-future. Something that was very likely to happen, whether or not they remained cooperative. But if Sobrius could trust this man's words, then Decretious was certainly the kind of Sith he could respect, one with reason, unlike most Sith across the galaxy...*

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Decretious nodded amicably to Sobrius before turning to leave. The extended invitation to frequent the Temple as he needed was... unexpected. Although in Decretious' mind, unnecessary. He did not need to be told where he could and could not go, especially on this world.
His world.
He would remain civil toward Sobrius, however, because it made sense to do so. He could use as many allies as he could find. Or if nothing else, scapegoats.
But for now everything was going according to plan, and it was time once again to pay a visit to the Governor of Weogar.

Affiliation:

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:59 pm

*Sobrius stood, watching as Decretious departed the Temple. As much as he respected what little he knew of the Sith's ideals, Sobrius knew to be wary of the situation, for now Decretious had access to the resources Sobrius once lay claim to, and all Sobrius retained was command of this Temple and the forces within. He would have to keep a close eye on Decretious' movements, for his own safety, and for his own integrity.*
Subortus.
*At this name, a hooded man stepped forward from the crowd, pale flesh visible beneath the fabric.*

*Sobrius turned to face the man. Subortus was a Rattataki, and a resident of this Temple for quite some time. He had completely submitted to the new ownership of the Temple, and Sobrius had seen in him great potential. He was perhaps two decades younger than Sobrius, with ritual Sith tattoos decorating his face and body. Just like another of Sobrius' past apprentices, but one he'd rather forget; Subortus, as far as he was concerned, had greater potential.*
I want eyes and ears on all of Decretious' known movements. I want to be informed, I want to know everything he plans to do. This is my place of residence now, I believe I have a right to be aware of how it's being run...
*Subortus bowed deeply.*

*Subortus then turned and departed the area, his stature emanating pure obedience. Sobrius allowed himself a smile; true obedience, willingly given, rather than forcefully instilled. That was refreshing. A man like Subortus would be useful... and a worthy successor, depending on his talents. And from what Sobrius had seen of him, he possessed great talent indeed. He would have to keep an eye on him. Perhaps personally take him on as his apprentice...

Sobrius then returned to his duties. The Temple continued to thrive under his guidance, a pure Temple of the Sith, well-kept, well-guarded, well-manned. Sobrius was pleased with the progress made, taking a broken remnant and rebuilding it into something worthy. Something now all his own... The lack of control of the planet itself was the only misstep, but one he could neglect for now. He still needed a goal, something to put his new leadership to the test. Would that goal reveal itself soon? Or would he have to seek it out? "Patience," he told himself.

All would be revealed in good time.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:45 am

From above, the Scimitar (Sith Infiltrator) swooped downward, where it land in a clearing just outside the Temple. There were twenty hanger bays there of varying sizes. The landing gears hissing as the craft touched down, a dense fog billowed outward, displaced by the vessel the now occupied the space. This planet - mostly Jungle and Swamp - had somehow been found suitable for the building for such a structure as this Sith Temple. Moreover, it was more of a pyramid than what one might think of for a base of sorts. Though structures and climate weren't reasons that had drug this aging Lord of the Sith to this planet. No, he had something else in mind being here.

With a quick jest from his right hand, he signaled for his apprentice, a Codru-Ji name Aitir Kor'sa, to go about gathering the special cargo. He himself would go for the captive. There were certain plans he had and these plan he would not neglect. Plans of a brighter future, at least in his mind. Though, this plan would bring madness and chaos to ravage the Universe. But before any of that, he'd had to develop and test. One of those steps would come into play here.
"Leave the cargo here for a moment. I want to deal with this prisoner," he said. He voice was dark. Cold. Carried about it a stroke of malevolence saturated in painful agony.

Aitir Kor'sa
His expression dulled. His face grew grim. Not a single moment was liked by him in the presence of his master. No, there had been 'falling out' in a manner of speaking between the two recently on the planet Thule, but somehow he'd managed to find himself back as an apprentice to the decrepit Sith. A Sith that had been one to not only carve his tongue from his mouth, but then turn to painting his name in the blood the seeped from it on his back. He shuttered from the memory, a memory he wished he could never remember again.

He left the crate, there and something rattled it from the inside. Snarls erupted and vicious growls were cast outward. This cargo, whatever was inside, wasn't there by choice it seemed.
<< Yes, Master. >>

Vandook Lithage
He turned back, his captive showing little resistance at this point. "We'll send this one to the dungeons for now," he thought to himself. Then, he proceeded into the Temple.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:53 pm

*Subortus had compiled a report of the world's activities collected from both himself and other spies and was preparing to turn it into Lord Sobrius for his review, when a new presence suddenly swept into the Temple's entrance. The hooded Rattataki picked up on it immediately, brows furrowing as he turned to face the source. Someone was entering that he had never seen before, and being a long-tenured Acolyte of this Temple, he was familiar with nearly every resident that belonged to it, if not by name then at least by their appearance.

Subortus pocketed the datapad containing the reports, then folded his hands behind his back as he approached the entrance, and this stranger. There was a hint of wariness in his motions, not fear, but caution, as he did not recognize this being, and there seemed to be quite a bit of power radiating from his presence. While Subortus would argue one would not be so foolish as to simply walk into the Temple and start a fight, that was the very method Sobrius had taken in securing the Temple as his own, which made Subortus even more cautious.*

*Seemed the Temple was host to several visitors lately. With Sith, there was no telling whether that was a good omen. But time would tell. After all, Sobrius' usurping of the Temple resulted in much better leadership, and the Temple was in greater shape than it had ever been. Sobrius himself had just been rather secretive about his motive, but Subortus knew better than to just ask this aloud. He knew how Sith operated; when they wished to share their goals, they would do so in due time.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:45 am

The pause - perhaps a stutter - immediately made the Sith Lord think that fear consumed the man in front of him. 'May I . . . help you?" Pathetic. At least in the eyes of Massacre. Was this what was to be expected of new up and coming Sith? He shook his head, but only for a moment before he spoke. He was disgusted of the fear he perceived in the one that had spoken to him. "Who's in charge here?" He held back the disgust from the tone of his voice, but it was evidenced by the construct of his expression.

Affiliation:

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:25 am

*On the contrary, fearful was the last thing that could describe Subortus' demeanor at the moment. Cautious? Certainly. Curious? Definitely. The Rattataki analyzed every visible element of the visitor, who seemed displeased with Subortus in some manner. Very well, then; that was none of Subortus' business. The man only wanted to know who was in charge of this Temple; that was the Rattataki's business. Whatever problems this visitor may have had, Sobrius was far better equipped to deal with. So Subortus would carry out his duties as the Sith Master's servant and arrange a meeting with him for the visitor.*
That would be I.
*Subortus turned, mildly surprised to see Sobrius himself exiting a near hallway, approaching the group with his hands folded behind his back. Subortus bowed to the Master of the Temple and stepped to the side, allowing Sobrius to take his place before the visitor so that he may address him.*
I am Sobrius, Master of this Temple.
*Sobrius may have been shorter in height than Subortus, but his presence was far more commanding and dominant; it was clear he carried himself with pride and dignity, whereas Subortus was merely a humble servant. Albeit an efficient one that Sobrius had kept his eye on. But now his eyes were on this visitor. Who was this man? Was he affiliated with Decretious in some manner? What were his intentions? Sobrius kept his thoughts well-guarded while awaiting the visitor's response, keeping his senses aware.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:14 am

"I am not here to fellowship in any regards. I am here for one reason only." He spoke directly to Sobrius, not even giving the most miniscule glance to the one, who in his own eyes, was a petty excuse for even an initiate to the Sith. Oh how times had change, or perhaps not. Massacre was indeed a unique specimen in all regards. His coming and his transformation far exceeded the tyranny and distraught horror that many an initiate would be forced through. To prove their efficiency. To prove they had worth enough in them to survive. But this insulate excuse for flesh and bone was of the makings of a Rattataki so perhaps Massacre had gone about him with clear misjudgment. Nevertheless, that was for another time and so might be addressed at a late date as well.

Shortly enough, the Codru-Ji, Aitir, stepped forward with the crate, something obviously wanting out. It was the reason he had come here. It and only it, would be the reason he might stay for a time.

Reaching out with the force, Massacre gripped the cage and threw it to Sobrius' feet.
"Now, do you care to see what I've brought? The gift intent on destruction. To take life and manipulate it. To reign down havoc and leave chaos in its wake."

Affiliation:

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:48 pm

*Clearly, this new visitor was not the type to mince word, nor even observe the tradition of exchanging names upon a first meeting. No matter, what mattered more were the visitor's intentions. And the humanoid visitor was not alone; a Codru-Ji followed, bringing with him a crate of some sort. Whatever was inside clearly seemed to want out, as the crate rattled and shook violently.

When it was thrown at Sobrius' feet, Sobrius did not move other than to tilt his chin downward so that he may observe the container more clearly, Subortus also taking an only slightly hesitant step forward. Sobrius could hear faint grunting and snarling as the visitor asked his interest in the container's contents, embellishing on the "gift." Sobrius was admittedly a bit surprised someone he'd never seen before would be bringing a "gift" to him, which also made him wary. Of course, none of this showed on the outside, for he was intent on divining the box's contents. The violent movements, the crazed mindset devoid of true intelligence, the presence itself laced with dark side corruption...

Sobrius only raised his head again and returned his focus to the visitor, before speaking one word.*

Rakghoul.
*Subortus looked up at Sobrius with some surprise and concern, surprise that Sobrius had guessed the answer, concern as to why this visitor was bringing a Rakghoul to this world. Particularly the Temple. Sobrius desired the same answers, but remained where he stood with an unreadable expression.*
A dangerous creature. One I'd expect no being to handle lightly. So now I ask you, what do you intend to do with such a beast?
*Not a hint of condescending nor caution was in Sobrius' voice. No, he spoke with mere curiosity. For what reason indeed would a strange darksider bring a Rakghoul to the world of Clak'dor VII? Was he perhaps an old resident or at least one familiar with the Temple? No matter, Sobrius would not press for those details. Not even the visitor's name. If he was a threat, Sobrius would deal with him in kind. If an ally... then by all means, allow this visitor to operate upon his own schedule.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:29 pm

"As Sith, I'd think I'd not have to tell you . . . Sobrius . . . of intentions behind my actions." He paused, keenly peering into the man's [Sobrius] face. Studying it. Trying to read the man's emotional prowess on the matter, even though he kept his mind well guarded - to the Force as well. "You hold means to manipulate the virus that created this creature and and quite possibly replicate it, do you not?" This place certainly wasn't the Sith Arts Academy of Thule that he'd managed for so long until recent years, but seeing as it was a Sith Temple, it should have means to achieve what he wanted.

He quickly glanced at the Rattataki as he had stepped for curiously, allowing a sinister grin to briefly form on his face.
"So, I'll ask one simple thing. Is it not obvious why such a thing could be so enticing to one such as you or I?"

Affiliation:

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:08 pm

*The visitor continued to be cryptic, insinuating that Sobrius, "as Sith," should already know of his intentions regarding the Rakghoul. And perhaps Sobrius did, but one could forgive him for a little caution, particularly when dealing with another Sith. For indeed, Sith were a dangerous breed, prone to treachery... Sobrius knew this all too well. Though when asked if this Temple possessed the means to manipulate and replicate the virus, Sobrius only smirked. He had never himself worked with a Rakghoul, but he was always willing to learn. And he was sure the means to do so were indeed located in this Temple...

The visitor asked one more question: If it was obvious why a Rakghoul would be enticing, "to one such as you or I." Sobrius' eyes turned downward to peer at the crate once more for a long moment, before reverting to the visitor's.*

I could think of several reasons.
*He then smiled, a smile that was as sinister as it was cordial. Yes... there were many uses for a Rakghoul virus, and Sobrius would be willing to name them all, though he was certain that if this visitor knew all that he seemed to know, he would guess those reasons as well. Still, Sobrius would not be so quick as to simply place his complete trust in this stranger. There was still the matter of the other Sith, Decretious, whom Sobrius had so willingly allowed to take control of the world's government so long as the Temple was left intact. What would he think of this, Sobrius had to wonder...*

Post Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:08 pm

The exceptionally-pale Bith made his way through the entrance of the Sith Temple, tasked by Lord Decretious to investigate the new arrival to the Temple.
The black robes he wore as sign of apprenticeship flowed gracefully as he walked yadda yadda yadda... He had a lightsaber hilt on his belt blah blah blah, general Sithy details and such. Okay, onto the important part...
He didn't need to walk very far before he approached Sobrius, the Overseer of the Temple, in conversation with couple of dark individuals, supposedly the visitors who had provoked Decretious' initial curiosity.
Between them sat a sizeable crate which seemed to be growling and snarling. Thul deduced that either that was either a very special and particularly unhappy crate, or more likely, there was something particularly unhappy inside the crate itself.
Was Sobrius dealing with poachers?

"What is this?" The Bith Apprentice asked in a demanding, but almost amused tone, "is the Temple now allowing pets?"
Previous

Return to Weogar