Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Coronet City

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Re: Coronet City

[quote="Allene Slade":i33aagt6][i:i33aagt6]Allene's face softened and she turned away, smiling. She felt her cheeks begin to flush but she shook her head, making the blood rush back down to the rest of her body.[/i:i33aagt6]

"Well....erm...th-thank you."

[i:i33aagt6]The fact that he found potential in her was an honor to her. She had spent most of her life on the streets with no place to go...and now it felt like she might just have a purpose for her life....one that Ezekiel was giving her.

She would forever be grateful to him for this. She jumped at the chance to start.[/i:i33aagt6]

"Well...what kind of world is your academy on?"[/quote:i33aagt6]
"Um, well it would be this one my dear learner.."

[action:i33aagt6]He chuckled, trying not to but it was kind of cute how she asked it or atleast he found it that way.[/action:i33aagt6]

"So tell me a bit more about yourself, such as when did you first discover you had these powers and how did you apply them and what on?"

[action:i33aagt6]He asked inquizitively as they moved along the atmosphere of the planet and were on their way to the academy.[/action:i33aagt6]

[narration:i33aagt6]The trip would be about 3 hours of flight time before they neared the Academy airspace.[/narration:i33aagt6]

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:26 am

Allene's face flushed again as she realized her mistake. She started twisting one red strand of her hair again and again as her nerves built. She couldn't believe how stupid she must be sounding to Zeke! At that minute, she would not have minded if the floor beneath her dropped out.

"Oh yes....right....I see..."

And then she followed it up with stupid splutters. Yay. Zeke was giving her a bail-out with his next question, one she was more than happy to take and her gratitude for it stayed silent. She was happy to move on.

"Well, when I was first starting out on my own....I got caught a lot. A lot of the shopkeepers....they're not too happy being stolen from. So....if they ever catch you...."

Allene swallowed hard and looked away, rubbing her shoulder. She remembered every beating, every bruise, every jolt of pain that the streets had laid on her. In some ways, it helped make her stronger.

"So....when you really don't want to be caught, you find yourself wishing to go faster. Faster than you've ever run before. And you find yourself wishing not to be seen...to just...be invisible. Suddenly, before you know it, you find those things happening to you."

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:34 pm

"I see well we are almost there."

*He says looking out a slit in the LAAT's side of the upcoming terrain feature that marked the approach to the academy.*

"Are you ready for this?"

*He asked her as he stood up and walked over to the door.*

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:10 am

*Blasting into the city the twisted black ship creamed through atmo.*
*A small screen inside showed a marker pinpointing a location taken from somewhere on the holonet.*
*The ship fired it's light repeating turbolaser and quad laser cannons into the mouth of the tunnels blasting them wide open.*
*The ship lowers and out drops a dark man with dark purposes, as well as 4 other men, and about 11 troopers all fully outfitted.*
*Marching forward, they embarked into the darkness as their ship blasts back off to hide.*
*Regnums, mask breathes. A selonian pops it's head out down the tunnel to inspect if it's safe. That same head a nanosecond later turns to red mist.*
*Targeting lasers turn on and point through the dark. Nightvision and in the darker places, thermals, turn on on huds and masks.*
*5 crimson blades also ignite.*
*1 standard. 2 compressed. 2 for the dual wielder, unstable.*

*The Obsidian clad man marches forward the rest in tow shorty behind.*
*A tail flies from out of nowhere, but falls from it's host as red lighting sears through flesh.
Before a cry can go out, a blaster bolt pierces a throat.

Another shot, a beast flops dead from the walls.*

*Sure, the muddy Selonians were good at fighting thugs from gangs,
but elite Special forces commandoes with state of the art equiptment, and Sith, not so much.*

*As they marched, creatures fell.* *Scouts no doubt. The primitive beasts didn't have com gear, so they obviously didn't get to report in.*

*As the troop came to the end of the tunnel, they found a central chamber filled with garbage.* *The lesser evolved otter's lived in filth.* *Garbage was piled high.*
*And more than a few dozen of them were all clustered together to see what the commotion was about.
Waiting for their scouts to report killing human's no doubt.*

*The troops lined up, one taking the 6 in case of ambush.
They lined their targeting lasers into the pit and well,... triggers down.*

*DC-17 hand blasters, WESTAR-M5 blaster rifles, DC-15A blaster rifles, DC-17m Interchangeable Weapon Systems, E-5s sniper rifles, DC-15S blasters, grenade launcher attachments, Fragmentation grenades, plasma grenades, thermal detonators, Z-6 rotary blaster cannons, PLX-1 portable missile launchers,
and Reciprocating quad blasters fired into the chasm.*

*It was like a lighting storm.*
*The primitive beats fell like the so many savage animals that they were.*
*Smoke and the smell of alien seared flesh wafted high into the air and most likely into the streets above through various ventilation shafts. The smell of death would be today's forecast for coronet city.*

*Some of the foolish creatures tried climbing the walls to get a drop on the attackers from below on the cliff wall, but the 4 extra men slid down the slope with blade's attached to their metalic fingers or just sliding with the force, sabers ignited, kicking the selonians in the face or slicing limbs off them, or decapitating them on the way down with quick flashes of their crimson blades.

They hit the ground and awaited their Dark master to drop down and land behind them with a loud ominous drop.
The troops fired cables and slid down themselves to take up the rear.
They marched forward again.*

*If anything moved, squirmed, tried to cry out for help in some animal squeak or inhuman language, even budged, it was immediately sliced with not even a side glance of the eyes, nonchalantly, coldly, by the forward 4.
The troopers behind, kept their weapons at high ready and fired at anything that moved on higher walls, or in side passages, or in the piles of charred furry bodies.

They then stopped.
The massive tunnel ahead suddenly erupted with Selonians, and all tunnels around them as well.*

*They were surrounded.
Perfect.*
*Regnum smiled behind his mask.*

*The troopers took up a circular formation, faces emotionless as the helmets that covered them.
The 4 stood still. Regnum stood just behind their line. He placed his saber on his belt and placed his fists on his hips, waiting.*

*Several different looking Selonians stepped forward, wearing pants or a vest here and there, and something else.
Lightsabers.*

*They looked stupid wearing human clothes as if they were even remotely similar because they were a ghost of humanoid in appearance.
But Lightsabers?
That was blasphemy.*

*And out of their middle came the blasphemer himself.
A Nautolan Jedi, flowing brown robes, head tentacles, and black bug eyes and all.
He let a silly stupid smile come across his face as greeting. It quickly faded.*

Master Slil"I am Jedi Master Slil. I felt you as soon as you came out of hyperspace over this planet. The disturbance in the force was greater than I have ever felt. You have attacked these people. Why? They have done nothing to you. You have attacked their grounds..." *and he went on, typical Jedi talk first nonsense.
Pacifist freaks.*

*And an inhuman one at that. Human's were all that have a right to the force. None else.*1::: My Lord, 4 requests Permission to engage. ::
:: Granted. ::
Master Slil"And furthermore, you should leave peacefu-"
*A bolt fired between the various men directly at the Jedi.
He barely made it to his saber in time, but instead a lone Selonian dove in the way and took the shot, and fell very dead in front of the master.*
What the.....*Regnum and his 4 men saw it.* *Teh selonian had wasted it's life. It's master would have gotten the bolt in time...Were these selonians that stupid?*
Master Slil((You didn't have to do that! I could have stopped the bolt!))
Dying Selonian force user((You...you coul-? I.....am sorry I have failed you ...maste......)).
*The death gurgle releases the last breath from the beast's mouth.*
Master Slil "Okay, Sith. You have my attention. What do you want?" *The Jedi Said in a carefully measured neutral tone.*

*Regnum stepped forward.*
"I am here for you Jedi. Step forward and meet your doom."

MAster Slil"You foolish Sith. Always on your vandetta. Can't you forgive and see that it's divine to-"

A clenched gloved hand rises, a Selonian grips at invisible hands choking it to death.

*Master slil Catches sight and sound of the gasping struggling selonian.*
Master Slil,"Okay, OKAY! We'll fight. But only on the condition that you leave them be. Your quarrel is only with me! Do I have that from you??!"

"You have my word, Jedi."

Master Slil "Good."

Regnum steps forward to meet the jedi halfway and stops, standing.

*The jedi steps forward and drops his robes off, takes a few steps, carefully centers himself, repeating some chant, probably the jedi code, to himself, and pulls his saber forth, slowly, and ignites the green blade, and stares forward at the Sith who stood before him.
Finally ready, the Jedi steps forward and stops when at blade length to Regnum.*

*Regnum's hilt once again leaps from his belt and into his right hand, igniting the all too famailair synthetic snap hiss.
He held his weapon in low guard with both hands and crossed the Jedi's blade, signalling his readyiness for the dual to begin.*

*The Jedi struck first.
Regnum easily paired.*

*The Jedi stepped back, seemingly trying to get his bearings, eyeing out the Sith, knowing nothing about his enemy, he was probably going to test him and see what his capabilities were. Keeping his sabacc hand hidden til he was sure it was safe to bet.*
Regnum began to pour the dark side out onto the battle field. Releasing sips of the tsunami of darkness he held back.
He was going to have fun with this.
Normally he would have just murdered the Jedi right then and there. But there were soo many witnesses.
It was time to show them how weak their teacher was, and thus how weak they were. And how strong he was.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:14 pm

*The Jedi master attacked again, hit hit hit block block block, then he did something unexpected.*
*Regnum expected this 'master' to be better than this. Perhaps hit was a trap, but if it was, Regnum took the bait.
The Jedi had overextended his arm in that last strike for the opening Regnum had feigned.
He had played right into it.
Regnum knew of no real counter move.*

*So he blocked, grabbed the saber wrist of the alien, yanked him close, sent knuckles into the beings mouth so hard, teeth dislocated.
Then he turned the wrist and sent a foot into the jedi's gut.*

*The Jedi cried out through a bloody mouth as his wrist broke but the cry was cut short when the gut shoved all air from his lungs, and he fell back hard, onto the ground.*

*Regnum stood, towering over his enemy. Almost stunned. This jedi was no warrior for peace. He was nothing.
Foolish Jedi. Never practicing combat, always 'talking' never fighting. Training can't be matched for experience. EVER. Regnum knew that from his days before the force.*

*He stepped forward to end it as the jedi tried to grab his saber with his unharmed hand.
But suddenly the dark side screamed at him.
He spun and countered a Selonian leaping from the dark with a blade of some kind.
He was easily parried, the blade cut in two, and the creature stabbed and thown.
Two other creatures leapt to help from the side but were grabbed mid air by 2 of the four, and slammed into the ground, blades cutting off the weasels' arms, easily slain.*

MAster Slil"sLTOP!" *he slured through the blood and spittle.*

*Every selonian froze.*
*The Jedi stood.*
Master Slil "We will honor our agreement. No one interfere."

Selonian warrior"But,....master....he was about to kill you...what about reverance for life as you taught?"

MAster Slil"Don't let your warrior ways overturn you, recall what I taught you."

*The jedi stood, spit teeth out with blood, and readied his saber with his other, probably less practiced hand.
He circled.
Regnum watched. Letting him think he could win.
Intimidation, pain. This was a Jedi. He never practiced such and thus knew nothing about them.
Blasted foolish squid head.
He was about to die.*

*The Jedi Leapt forward into an over hand chop.
With one hand?
HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Regnum easily parried but the broken wrist came out, and a force push was managed, barely.

Regnum staggared back as another swing from the blade came down.
Regnum blocked and fired a push of his own.*

*The Jedi flew.
He barreled into his precious selonians.
They readied for attack as they scrambled to help him up.
Regnum's troops went to high ready and the 4 ignited blades.*

MAster slil" NO."

*The JEdi master stood. Blood still trailing down both corners of his mouth.
He stepped forward hand out, and a selonian gave him his green blade which he imediately ignited.*

*He must have thought Regnum no more than a bully. A mere joy seeker.
Regnum was here on a mission. To gain power.
AND this was getting rather droll, besides the fact that that one push pulled at Regnum's rage...
It was time to end this.*

*Regnum pulled the dark side of the force into himself in droves, til he shimmered with the dark side of the force, and then released it in waves of darkness like a hurricane. Everyone would feel it. The selonians. The jedi. Everyone.

The Jedi staggered as if hit with poisonous air. The selonians all shifted and chittered. Some cowered in fear, others gave in and grew angry, especially those with sabers...

The Jedi leapt forward.*

*Regnum saw it, he was distracted. The fool.
But the jedi saw this was the end. The alien knew he had to finish it now, or the dark side would overwhelm him.*

*And so it did. And in the darkness, he didn't see the his attacks effortlessly parried, redirected, and countered.
And soon, not even then crimson blade that pierced his heart.
And as that blade pulled out, it swang to deflect another blow, sniping head tentacles, and then went back to deflecting more swings of the soup green blade.
Suddenly, the jedi seemed to stagger agian. A lul in this ability to fight.
He had suddenly realised his chest had been pierced, and probably his heart as well.
His legs fell from under him and the last attacked countered by the Sith knocked the hilt from the alien scum's hand to clatter to the ground far away.

Regnum stepped forward so see the jedi holding his chest.*

MAster Slil"Okay,... you've won, now,.... please, let them go,... as we agreed."
"No."
MAster Slil"Wha-?"
"I lied."
*Trechery is the way of the Sith.*
*Apparently this Jedi also didn't study the Sith ways as well. Probably out of some fear of it 'corrupting' him. Another mistake of the jedi.*
*And as the Jedi looked up, Regnum swung down for the kill.*
*A selonian cried out in it's alien tongue and leapt forward.*
*At least they got it now. The jedi master was helpless this time.
But Regnum wasn't.*

*A cloud of blaster bolts went out and blew the selonian half into ash and two crimson blades sliced into it's chest and suddenly retracted to two of the 4's hands, turned off and placed back on belts.
And of course the blade went clean through the squid headed Jedi's skull, cleaving it in two.

The selonians all whispered and chittered and looked among themselves unsure what to do.
But the few with the lightsabers knew. The rest looked afraid.*

*Fear wasn't in these few, ferral eyes.
Anger was.
Good.*

*They all leapt forward in unison.
Regnum welcomed them.

A long swipe sufficiently parried all their attacks that reached him.
A swing here. A reverse under the shoulder stab there. A duck and a swing.
Half were dead or dying.
Apparently seeking serenity with the Jedi made them forget how to withstand pain. Not many were truly disabled.

Another few twists of the blade, and two more were disarmed, and delimbed.

The last stood. Quivering. At low guard.
Regnum stood waiting. Then lowered his blade and placed his hilt on his belt.
The selonian was confused at first.
It stepped forward to attack, but Regnum lifted a hand.
And the selonian lifted with it.
A saber couldn't help now.
So close, yet soooooo far away.
The selonian bent backwards to it's fullest extent (that surprised Regnum) and then suddenly forward again as it's spine compressed and bent.
The creature cried out, but failed to die.
The inhuman creatures spine was still not humanoid enough to break.
So Regnum did it again, and again.
Finally a disc cracked and slipped.
Well, at least it was paralised...

Regnum decided this one would watch then, and threw it to the wall nearby.
His 4 ignited blades. He did as well.
The troopers went to high ready, barrels pointed out in many a direction.*

*That's when the rest stormed in.
Hundreds of selonians had gathered to watch during the dual.
But there weren't many in the chamber it'self, most were in the tunnels still, craning their heads for a better view.
Perfect chokepoints. If they were lucky, they'd probably trample most of their own in their primitive animalistic stampede.

This was going to be a long fight. With LOTS of killing.
And it was but of course the perfect time for Regnum to activate the experimental implants he had given to his troops.
The implants activated whenever violence or death was likely or happening. They released a specific and highly addictive mix of testosterone and adrenaline into the bloodstream and brain of the user. It was named by the scientists, a 'combat reflex'.*

*The troops were not fools. They saw their enemy numbers and no retreat.
Even the most loyal of troops has fears. Even the most intelligent and gifted, doubts. The most pragmatic and logical, superstition.
But the combat reflex however.....
would help them understand how to forget such.*

*The troopers watched the swarming selonians with some fear of the afterlife in their secret hearts, for being brutal mercs was not well regarded in any religion. And their own very painful and slow deaths in the many hands and razor sharp now protruding claws of the savage beasts.
And then they felt something else.
Not fear.
But a warmth.
A warm intoxicating feeling in their blood. Their heads suddenly were clear, free for thought. For combat.
They were suddenly ready to take on well....anything...*

*They stood, poised ready.*
:: "Engage."
::

*The troopers fired grenades into the swarm.
Blood clouded and splattered everywhere as dozens died.

Rotary cannons blasted into the tunnels.
Grenades fired from attachments closed off tunnels to have smaller doorways, and others completely off to concentrate fire on less tunnels.*

*As the fighting and death increased, so did the warm reward chemical in the troopers bloodstream.
They were deadly focused now. Hardly a single miss.
But plenty of kills each.

Regnum watched with approval and fascination.
He felt their utter calm.
The fear driven away by the chemical high.*

*Some stray blaster bolts flew from overhead by some selonians that had apparently wrapped their primitive minds around using them.
They were easily deflected and redirected into their firers.
The rest scattered.
Some grenades also suddenly found their ways up to the higher platforms.
But Regnum reached out with the force along with 3 of the 4 and the cliffs of steel or rock or dirt or garbage began to crumble.

Soon, there was no sufficient high ground.
Bodies were piling.
And the dead were beginning to outnumber the living.*

*Then a wall fell in. And the troopers shifted fire to compensate.
A flood of selonians fell in.
Regnum and the 4 waded into the surging creatures, slaughtering them .
Crimson blades swung. The force basted droves into the air only to be filled with more selonians.
Chain lighting from Regnum and one of the 4 surged into the crowds and connected more than several dozen in arcs of disabling electricity.
Blood soon began to pool and trickle underfoot as most of the selonians merely passed out from the dispersal of electricity instead of dying, and were quickly trampled by bloody claws of their denmates. The blood turned the ground to a red mud that quickly splattered as everyone sank near to their ankles in it.

The troopers began to signal they were running out of ammo.
They had come in with a full compliment at Regnum's command. All they could carry.
Their guns stared going silent, and minerature flamethrowers soon ignited in all directions as gunfire trickled off.
This caused the selonains to go into a panicked frenzy as they attempted to get the flaming goo of their thick fur.
This bought them some time as the attack stuttered.
Regnum cut through 6 selonians with a single swipe and waved his troops out.

Suddenly one rised a hind up with a cylinder and a button on top.
His thumb pressed the button.
The entire chamber leading all the way from where they entered and down through the selonians blasted with fire, and pressure.
Selonians turned to mist, ash, or bits as the various kinds of explosives wrecked a hole out.

The 4 took point around the toopers as best they could and Regnum took the lead.
Running out, they entered the tunnel as selonians still scrambled to find out what the spast had just happened.

Some explosives had blown the cliff away and had created a ramp to the tunnel they entered.
They sprinted through the crowd and up the ramp and into the tunnel cutting down new selonians along the way.

Soon, daylight.*

:: Pickup. Now. ::

*They were outside.

They immediately spun and fired the rest of the flamethrower's into the tunnel til fuel ran out.

The selonians ran into the fire and threatedned to reach the exit and overwhelm the troops but they froze at the exit.

A black twisted starship had fallen out of the sky and hovered on repulsers just above the ground.
It's dual quad laser turrets, dorsal light repeating tubrolaser, and even the small security anitpersonel cannon hanging out ventrally all focused on the tunnel entrance over Regnum's group.*

*There was a pause.
Then there was destruction.
As every cannon opened up at once.*

*After about 30 seconds, everyone was on board the ship.
Regnum droppped into the pilots seat and waited for the targeting computer to synch with the data recorded in this mask. After a second the tunnel was mapped, and he clicked the red button on the top of the firing mechanism.
A proton torpedo fired out of a tube and straight into the tunnel mouth and deep into the cave.

He waited before pulling up.

Impact. The fireworks began.

The fire started to show.
And Regnum pulled up, satisfied.

The ship pulled away as firey plumes and bloody mists from the explosive compression of air in the tunnels escaped most of the vents onto the street in a 3 block radius.

And the black ship blasted off back into atmo.*

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Allene closed her eyes, took a deep breath and stood up resolutely. She had been waiting for this day to start with a new life for a long time now.

"You know, I don't think I've been this ready for something before in my life."

She held out her arm, smiling at him.

"As long as I've got an escort, that is."
Previous

Return to Coronet City