Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Mount Corvast

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Mount Corvast

*The troops made base and began their routines of quarterly watches. Kumalo gave the order for sensors to be put into each facility on the planet to be disguised as pipes, furniture, storage boxes, etc.

The people were happy to see extra security in the area. There were rumors of small gangs rising in the ranks of miners and other minority sects of people. Obviously the extra pair of eyes will be a big success in Kumalo's idea of squashing disobedient radicals. This show of force meant progress in Kumalo's government and order. Truly Kumalo was doing exactly what he announced to the people. The people got their taxes back and just as M-10 predicted most of the populace spent it all and only few were conserving the credits for later use.

The drills were continuously drilling and the government made great profits of the increase, many thanks to Kumalo's upgraded system of drilling.*

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:14 pm

*After many months of successful drilling Kumalo started doing the yearly report. Kumalo's tax officials took up taxes.*

Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:05 am

*Kumalo was excited to hear from the Chief of Technology that all of the disguised listening devices were ready to be installed. When Kumalo was explaining how he wanted the devices to be installed by M-10 the Chief was rather curious in why it was to be installed by the droid.*

My good friend. I really hope you understand why I am doing it this way. Please do not be discouraged or hurt by my request. I simply want only one, other than myself, to know where they are. They are secret devices only designed for the purpose of being SECRET. And are they really secret if they everyone knows of there existence?

I believe I understand sir. It is sort of like insurance...

Elaborate.

Well... you want limited people to know where these devices are so in case someone else talks then you know where to go to. Which in this case only you and the droid know... and... you can always wipe the droid's memory so no one can trace it back to you and find the devices, right? You are just insuring yourself of limited sources or possibilities.

Very good, sir! Well said, indeed.

Thank you, sir. I never thought about it that way until now.

No I serious... I'm impressed. Overcoming confusion and seeing a new perspective, for that, my friend, in addition for showing reason and compliance I just may give you a pay raise!

*The man's eyes lit up like a ships thruster. Kumalo could not help but chuckle.*

*Kumalo wasn't simply thinking about giving the man a pay raise for explaining something...no. He did it to not only to reward him of his compliance but as well introduce a sense of satisfaction in seeing the wisdom of Kumalo's superiority.

Kumalo always worked according to what the future may react to his actions and decisions. Rewarding always seemed as a good thing that good people do... however in this case... Kumalo was introducing the idea of motivating a man for his compliance to come in hopes of a few extra bucks. Some may call it bribery. Kumalo saw it as a means to get things done.*

Well, my friend, if you keep this up I will see to it myself that you get that pay raise. I'm sure your wife and 2 children would love to have some extra credits coming in once in awhile.

Oh yes sir! They would!

*The man paused suddenly while walking toward the exit.*

Sir... how do you know I have a family?? They do not live here.

My friend, it is my job to take care of my people. And knowing who has families or special others lets me put into perspective the importance of my decisions that I am making for the good of Sarapin. And when I think of people like you and your family it brings to me a need to provide and protect. It keeps me balanced.

*The man smiled and nodded before proceeding toward the exit door.*

*Kumalo lied when he explained the reason for knowing who his family was, rather he knew them because he wanted to know of other ways to... motivate a man... When the time came, if harm was threatened to his family then the man may work accordingly to Kumalo's wishes.*

*When the time came, Kumalo requested M-10 to put these listening devices in every room and facility in Mount Corvast.*

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 am

M-10...

Yes, sir?

Have you put all the listening devices where they should be? In all of the rooms and facilities of Mount Corvast?

Yes, sir. All the devices are wired into the main infrastructure for backup if the wireless system works no longer. Everything is fed into the main computer in your office and recorded in a secure computer separate from the main computer.

Terrific. I'm glad that is all taken care of.

How are the troops doing? Have you filed of all of them?

Yes, sir.

Alright. Now that they are all set up. Order them to train on recon missions on an individual and team basis. They may be useful for some side missions that I have on the drawing board. Let me know of their progress, would you?

Certainly, sir. Would you like a holo recording when they are done?

Uh.... sure. Why not.

I am not positive of the intentions that you are going to do with the holo recording, sir.

What?

*M-10 turned his vocal volume 25% higher than what it normally is.*

You asked "why not?"

*Kumalo chuckled slightly. Still smiling, he replied:*

No, No. I heard you, but I meant it as a figure of speech.

I understand. One of the human complexities that I fail to catch... "figure of speech" is a rather complex form of...

M-10...

Yes, Sir?

I don't care.

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:34 am

*Tormentum felt true to his promise. The clones designed and made for special operations have been training, due to Kumalo's orders, in recon and other helpful exercises made to refine and sharpen the clones. The process is tedious to say the least but when the job is done and all is well... then one could see that hard work pays off.

The process reminded Tormentum of the time long ago before he became a Sith, as a young boy, he was given a knife from his family. He took that knife and sharpened it day and night to the point that the knife was so sharp that if one would drop a piece of paper on it the once whole piece of paper would fall to the ground in two sheet.

One day he decided to go hunting. As he was hunting in the hot terrain on Korriban he saw a Shyrack, which are native to that land. He snuck behind the animal and cut the animals hind leg, deep enough that it would take only a couple minutes for it to bleed out. Sure enough the animal didn't even feel the fatal touch of the blade but went on in its daily routine, yet only a couple minutes went by and sure enough the animal fell to its death.

The team of clones are symbolic of the knife. They must be quick, swift, and deadly. The enemy will not even know what hit them.... until its too late.*

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:20 am

*Kumalo didn't see anything important to do so he went on to do what he knew best... Kumalo took out his datapad and began to read a book on ancient Sith. Specifically on a subject that seemed rather easy these days to apply to his daily life: Anger.

It seemed as if anger was the main fuel component of Sith emotion. Interestingly enough Kumalo was intrigued by how anger could open up a whole new reservoir of power within oneself. In the last couple years Kumalo had saw the affects of anger and the focus it brought to him.

There had to be more than this book speaking on the matter. Someone... something... had to know more.*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:49 am

*The Darkside radiated from this planet, thus affecting some of the inhabitants... Tormentum felt this across the universe. He had sent a task to his personal droid to make sure he would consistently evaluate psycho-analysis sociological groups within his on board computer main frame to report back to his master a report of those he feels are being affected by the Darkside energy. For several days, with minimum power ups the droid came up with a very promising report of possible Darkside candidates. Already there where at least 10 people who showed a knack for survival skills, self preservation, and sudden outburst of anger... one of which was the head of this planet, the handsome politician and governor of Sarapin.*

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Yes Yes. I agree...

*Kumalo was talking into his ear piece sitting at his desk in his office.*

I don't care. Just get the job done.

*Alert notification was flashing signaling Kumalo of a guest at his front door of his office. Immediately he saw who it was and permitted the droid to enter. The door hissed open and Darth Tormentum's droid walked through the door closing immediately after it passed the entryway.*

*Kumalo held up a hand symbolically saying to the Droid to halt where it was and be quite as he finished his call.*

Yes. I know who it was and when it happened. I don't care what you do to him just don't... end his stay. If you know what I mean.

*Kumalo smiled with an evil satisfaction spreading across his face.*

Since when have I ever?? Rumors, I tell you. Nothing but rumors.

*Kumalo laughed slightly.*

Okay. Thanks Pearson.

*Kumalo ended his call and set the ear piece down on his desk.*

I summoned you here because I have heard something very disturbing.

What is that sir?

I heard you are wondering around quite a lot these days. My people tell me that are "snooping" around...

My apologees sir. One was not seeking to raise suspicion. One was just evaluating one's new home world. Raising one's awareness by the knowledge one has gathered of the environment.

Hm. I suppose that will suffice. Just be careful where you go. This planet has many dangers.

Yes Sir.

You may leave now.

Certainly, sir.

*The droid bowed and left the room.*

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:39 pm

*After many months of successful drilling Kumalo started doing the yearly report. The mining is bringing in great income while Kumalo's tax officials took up taxes.*

Post Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:43 am

How could someone even THINK of becoming sad on such a wonderful day as this!

*His sarcastic remark didn't rise as an insult to the planet but in fact, buried beneath anger and a desire for more, he had hoped it could pull out some kind of laughter... He was wrong. Kumalo stretched long and hard. Shirtless, which he still had his pajama pants on, looked outside his room window and stared into the flowing lava river some 500 meters down below in the valley. It had a eerie hue on his tanned skin, in addition, the semi cold floor of some precious rock he had inherited from the former resident, made Kumalo feel like he was in some kind of nightmare. He had definitely not, even in his wildest imaginations, foreseen himself in such a dreary place, more or less, even owning such a worthless piece of real estate. Kumalo didn't care much anymore like he did at first. He just KNEW there was something MORE out there. If Kumalo could get in touch with Darth Tormentum then certainly maybe he could even share with him something useful... Kumalo must be busy doing his own thing. Whatever he does... Kumalo was certainly growing impatient. Something had to change.*

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:06 am

*Tormentum was sitting at his desk looking over some issues that were brought up to his attention. Slammed down the datapad and kicked the desk.*

How may someone become more powerful in a drafty miserable place such as this. I long for some excitement. My only wish is for that mysterious Darth Sith guy come to this planet and stir things up. Sith tend to that. Their very presence makes skin crawl and toes curl. I'm not sure how those Sith do it but I do know one thing├óÔé¼┬ª. I want that kind of power. One day. One day I will achieve it. In time.

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:54 am

*Darth Tormentum's personal droid walked through the door way and stopped in a crisp attention, almost as if he was waiting on Kumalo's permission to move forward.*

*Kumalo looked curiously at the droid and motioned him over.*

*The droid walked over and stood in front of Kumalo's desk. All of the sudden the droid's head was replaced with a holographic image of.... the one and only.... Darth Tormentum. His facial features were shadowed by the thick hood he almost always wore. The hologram image of the hood ended at the droid's shoulders.*

Kumalo....

*The man's voice that was coming from the droid was sharp and clad in darkness. It HAD to be Darth Tormentum. Kumalo was certain of it.*

I since your thoughts and I need not introduce myself. I believe you would like a change in your life and quite frankly I can careless about your pathetic stench of weakness. However I do see you have desire and an appetite for more. I admire that... I do indeed.

*Kumalo's pride was dented from the Sith's words but chose not to take offense to it because deep down Kumalo knew he was weak....*

You, Kumalo, need to do something for me. Bring me a total stranger you have no ties to. There is something that needs to be done. You will not fail me...

*The droid turned around and started for the door. Five feet from the door the droid stopped and the holographic image turned around slightly in a looking back motion.*

Atleast for your sake. You don't want to fail me.

*The holographic image disappeared and the droid walked out the door.*

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:45 am

*Kumalo contemplated the latest encounter with Darth Tormentum. He was astounded with how cold the man was during the talk. Just thinking about it brought shivers down his spine. Kumalo knew one thing... He wanted that kind of affect on people. In order to survive in this dog eat dog galaxy, Kumalo needed that kind of malice...*

Affiliation:

Post Wed May 16, 2012 8:15 am

*As the droid walked in the halls of the ancient mountain of Sarapin, the Sith took note of the droid's sensors. The droid at the moment was indeed a representation of Darth Tormentum and his authority as a Sith and a military commander. He knew, even though he was half way across the galaxy at the moment, if anyone tried to harm the droid or even try to trick the droid's sensors then those trespassers had to be punished and disciplined under the true nature of the Darkside. That only means one thing: pain. And these people were not stupid by any means. They knew exactly the consequences of such an act against a Sith or, even, the property of a Sith.

Darth Tormentum's droid stalked the hallways. Through a HUD connection, Tormentum saw and sensed everything the droid did, but there was only one drawback├óÔé¼┬ª if one would have all the latest and most profitable technology in the galaxy, STILL, one would not have the benefits that the Force offers. Since the Sith was not on physically on Sarapin, Tormentum could not sense the ever so present subtleties that the Force awareness offers.

But Tormentum had to be patient and ready to do as his Master commands. The small force of military presence is just a small idea of whom Tormentum and his Master had veiled in a dark shroud of mystery.

Tormentum could not help but wonder to himself if the troops were ready. Of course they have been in constant training since their inception but were they truly READY to fight along side any cause or will? The Force told Tormentum they were, indeed, ready to follow any order├óÔé¼┬ª yet Tormentum wanted to see for himself...*

Round up the troops. Full alert...

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:20 am

*After many months of successful drilling Kumalo started doing the yearly report. The mining is bringing in great income while Kumalo's tax officials took up taxes once more.*

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:07 am

*After many months of successful drilling Kumalo started doing the yearly report. The mining is bringing in great income while Kumalo's tax officials took up taxes once more.*
Previous

Return to Mount Corvast