Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Open Terrain

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:10 am

Re: Open Terrain

Flashback: Thirty-five standard years prior:

Chaos.

Everywhere within the burning temple of the Jedi Order of Jabiim there was chaos. The rain, the lightning, the smoke from discharged explosives and the after effects of rubble made it all that one could do, to see clearly.

Mikaelian, Rosho and a few other Jedi Knights and Masters converged into the rear of the Temple. Much of it had already been destroyed. Before them were a seemingly endless sea of soldiers, outside they could hear the rolling thunder of re-inforcements sent in on tanks and other vehicles.

Rosho's face was splattered with the blood of the men he had killed that day in the name of defending himself, his Order, and his home. Mikaelian wondered if his own face looked the same.

"FIRE!"

Came the order from Jabiim's Forces and before long an explosion rocked the ground on which Mikaelian and his Jedi colleagues stood, and the walls that stood on either side of them soon started to quake. Rosho and a couple others advanced forward as to avoid being hit, and subsequently killed from, the debris that had started to fall from the ceiling. Mikaelian struggled to gain untrammeled vision and as he advanced, he felt a blow to his stomach.

At first he thought he was shot, but after the inital shock, Mikaelian knew it to be a kick and a very powerful one at that. He fell back a few steps and before he could come to his senses, a long black boot met with his face and sent him through what was left of the window behind him and outside into the muddy, rain saturated, ground.

The figure jumped through the hole where a once proud and beautifully crafted window stood and advanced towards Mikaelian. Before Mikaelian could call the Force to him for a counter attack, he felt a projected punch knock him in the face. This being was strong in the Force.

Finally, Mikaelian's eyes came into focus and from he could see the person before him was well over six and a half feet tall, wore a mask that completely covered his face and had a dark aura about him.

This darksider brought his red-in-hue saber down with such ferocity that when Mikaelian brought his orange blade up to defend, it took all the strength Mikaelian had left not to drop his own blade. The darksider before him was powerful.

The defense would prove to be useful for only a few seconds before Mikaelian would be sent cascading down a small muddy slope into a small catch pool filled with disgusting and ill-colored water.

Mikaelian's eyes went wide as he spied the darksider coming down towards him with such speed that in the brief second before Ashoka interjected to save him, Mikaelian thought for sure he would die on that day.

However, as mentioned before, Ashoka released a strong and previously undetected force push that sent the darksider on his back. Ashoka then reached for his lightsaber and ignited it. The green from Ashoka's blade with the red of the assailant's clashed in a spirited and fierce battle.

Mikaelian was quick to his feet and ran to aid his Grandmaster but was interrupted when a wave of blaster bolts came screaming towards him. After defending against them and bringing death to those who would try to bring death to him, Mikaelian turned his attention in the direction he last saw Ashoka and the darksider. He saw neither, and the battle continued around him...

Present Day:

*Mikaelian had started his day not unlike most others. Morning meditation, stretching and light exercise followed by the first meal of the day and then mid-day meditation.

In fact, that was where Mikaelian was before he was pulled from a deep trance whilst meditating on the will of the Force. The voice in his head, the presence he could feel through the Force, was something he had not heard nor felt in far too long.*

"Ashoka."

*Mikaelian said quietly under his breath. As quickly as his own aged body could bring him, Mikaelian was at the door of his house. The Jedi Master had to blink his eyes a few times as he saw Ashoka before him.*

"It has been far too long, Master Ashoka. I had thought you..."

Affiliation:

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:22 am

"Died?" *Ashoka questioned with a smirk.* "No, I am afraid not..." *Ashoka stated as he remained still. His eyes locked with Mikaelian's in a non-threatening, friendly way, before looking over the man he had not seen in nearly four standard decades.

The former Grandmaster found that Mikaelian had been keeping in good physical form. At least, as good as anyone who was in the twilight of their life and for as much as one could tell just by looking at someone.

Mikaelian's beard was more unruly and unkempt than Ashoka had remembered, and of course, much more grey than the last time they had seen each other; time had a way of doing such things to a person.*

"I just stopped and paid my respects to Isis. I am glad you two were able to keep each other company after everything that happened on Jabiim."

Affiliation:

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:26 am

*Mikaelian smiled a bit as he descended the stairs and walked with his cane toward Ashoka. After a few paces, he bowed out of respect to his former Grand Master before returning to his usual posture. Ashoka returned the bow with a polite nod of his head, still unmoving from his spot.*

"I was grateful for her company too..." *Desiring to change the subject slightly, Mikaelian continued by inquiring* "Where have you been this whole time? The only one I had ever heard from was Rosho and he has now passed on."

Affiliation:

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:38 am

"The work of a Jedi is never done, Mikaelian." *Ashoka stated without any hesitation and with a smile. The voice of Ashoka was weaker than Mikaelian might have remembered and the twitching of hands was a new condition as well.* "I was called by the Force to serve in other, less popular and more covert, ways in the Unknown Regions. I was bringing word of the Jedi Way to some of the darkest corners of our galaxy until earlier this year when the Force instructed me to find you..."

*What Ashoka said was true. For years, in the Unknown Regions, Ashoka took on an alias and moved from Lehon to Yoggoy instructing young ones in the ways of the Light Side of the Force. Never was he able to stay long in any one place for fear that some would recognize who he was. After all, for almost a decade after the Jabiim Jedi Order collapsed his face was plastered up on the Holonet News routinely with a handsome reward for his capture. However, Ashoka was not very forthcoming with exactly why he was before Mikaelian nor how he found him though Mikaelian would inquire about both.

Ashoka did desperately try to reach out to those he had hoped, or had known had, survived the purge on Jabiim. Ashoka was unable to find Rosho whilst Rosho was alive but upon his death, word eventually found its way to Ashoka who became renewed to find any others who may have lived. For a time, he was content in those he was able to connect with though they had all now met their end either naturally or with assistance from the galaxy's finest bounty hunters seeking a handsome reward in the hopes of living a lavish lifestyle. Ashoka was quite certain that all there was left of the old Jabiim Order was himself, until the Force had instructed him otherwise. And here he was before Mikaelian on this day...*

Affiliation:

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:29 pm

*Listening to Ashoka speak merely reaffirmed a personal belief that Mikaelian had developed in his more than three decades long banishment into exile - that *his* Jedi work was completed. Whilst he harbored no ill will towards his former Grand Master, his disagreement was prominent enough within his own mind that he wished to speak up.* "Master Ashoka, I have to say that, while those opinions on Jedi work never being completed are noble, your thoughts are but your own and I cannot say that I subscribe to that mentality. I cannot any longer, in good faith while based in the reality of human nature, stand before you and say that I believe the universe wants to hear the message of the Jedi Way. I cannot fathom a cosmos that is welcoming to such notions. In fact, I have been on the receiving end of a system that blatantly did not want the Light side of the Force on it. You can say the very same as I, could you not?"

*Within mere seconds of completing his thoughts, Ashoka looked surprised though Mikaelian knew that it was difficult to ever take the Abyssin by surprise fully, either in battle of sabers or in wit. People, Mikaelian did learn, might be irrational and difficult to comprehend more times than not but never did a single person call the man before him "Ashoka the Great" and not mean it.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:55 am

*As the two men's conversation continued, the sweltering heat of the planet started to show on the brow of the Abyssin as he stood before his long time friend. It was true that Ashoka cared not for the institutions of Orders as they were on Jabiim. To intertwine the Jedi with any government, on any system, was not something that the mighty Grandmaster believed in any longer. In fact, he posited that there might not be a place in the cosmos for formal Orders of Jedi, though it was something that he kept always to himself. He understood that the future was ever in motion and that was enough for the Abyssin to keep his opinions and predictions to himself. Ashoka had learned great control given that his species were, by and large, considered to be a violent lot and quite a few were hired by the criminal underworlds. The former Grandmaster demonstrated such control and a constant, driving, pursuit towards the Lightside of the Force that he was considered to be, by those who knew him well, wise beyond full comprehension.

Ashoka had learned much in his 280 standard years of life and, interestingly enough, no one would stop to think that Ashoka was so old without knowing anything about the Abyssin species. In fact, both he and Mikaelian might just be categorized as "old" by the common, everyday, sentient but a further understanding of the Abyssin species would lead one to understand that whilst both Ashoka and Mikaelian appeared to be old, and were old indeed, Ashoka had known Mikaelian since Mikaelian was a baby and brought to the Temple to learn the ways of the Jedi whereas Ashoka had already lived roughly 190 standard years before Mikaelian was ever a thought to him.

The Abyssin Jedi Master could sense much disappointment in his friend's words and tone, indeed Mikaelian's aura radiated great conviction. However, Mikaelian was mistaken by Ashoka's presence here and the purpose of finding him, and trying to find him, after thirty years of absent communication. Wishing to correct any miscommunication or misgiving, Ashoka talked in his usual, calm demeanor as he quickly clarified his arrival on Barab I.*

"I am not here to recruit you to spread the word of the Jedi Way nor to create our influence once more on Jabiim or any other system." *Ashoka said, cleverly avoiding the question asked of him by Mikaelian just moments prior.* "This is but one matter of unfinished business. The dark presence that we encountered, all those years ago on Jabiim, was made aware to me through the Force."

Affiliation:

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:21 pm

*Mikaelian's eyes moved from the shaky hands of the elderly Abyssin before him to Ashoka's face before he turned his back to his old friend, shook his head repeatedly, and walked back towards the house from which he came.* "I cannot. I am too old to do anything any longer for the Jedi Order."

*Instantaneously, Ashoka called out with his shaky, brittle-sounding voice.* "Then do it for her." *Ashoka couldn't pretend that Mikaelian did not deserve to be hesitant for participating in, really anything, given his age and what he had been through - what they had all been through, and what so few survived. There was no sense in pretending that Mikaelian might not be jaded in some small way. Mikaealian was a Jedi Master, yes, but that did not make him completely devoid of human emotions at all.*

*Mikaelian stopped abruptly and turned slowly on plea of his former Grandmaster. His eyes moved to Isis' headstone before the Jedi Master spoke. His eyes seemed to focus all the more intensely on the marker of his longtime companion's final place of rest. It was no sooner that Mikaelian spoke with such conviction that he was suddenly flooded with voices. He knew them well. It was the will of the Force speaking to him. However, as the voices advised him, it was intertwined in one voice - the voice of Isis.*

<< Go with him, Mikaelian. I am near...always. >>

*Without a second thought to packing, or gathering the philosophical essays he painstakingly scribed or leaving the place he had called home for decades, Mikaelian had but one thing left to ask Ashoka. The rest seemed incredibly unimportant.*

"When do we leave?"
Previous

Return to Barab I's Terrain