Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Open Terrain

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:45 pm

Re: Open Terrain

*So, her employer didn't tell her everything about me. That, or she thinks I'm the one lying. I don't get that vibe from her though, so either the employer doesn't know much, or he knows a lot and considers that information to be too valuable to hand out. Interesting.* *He smirked at her "search me" comment (or was it a request?), then took another bite before responding.* "Who says I haven't searched you already? With eyes like these, you never know what I might be able to see." *This meat really would be good with deutarin sauce... I think I can almost remember what it tastes like.* "But by all means, unfold your master plan."

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Rolling my eyes again (this was beginning to become the norm with Calanon it seemed), I tucked the pistols and knives back into my boots before walking back over by the fire to stand across from him, kneeling down slightly.

"I think we should go back to Nar Shaddaa." Looking directly at him, I paused. What if he had already turned Nar Shaddaa upside down? What if Rianne? What if? He doesn't even know who he is, he had no idea what to look for back then, so maybe he missed something? I could hope. Nar Shaddaa wasn't going to be a walk in the park, but again it was a risk I was willing to take now that I knew a bit more about what I was getting into. "It might provide us some insight. It might not. Either way it's not a stone I am willing to leave unturned..."

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:17 pm

"I guess I did kinda leave there in a hurry. Didn't really look around all that much." *What if I had? Could I have found something that would tell me who I was? Would it have been the bodies of Fel and Malora and the crew Tricks had mentioned? Only one way to find out...* "We might as well get moving. Not much point in sticking around any more." *Standing, he ate another portion of meat then gestured to the tauntaun carcass.* "Guess we'll leave that for the wampas." *Picking up his bow, he turned his attention to the cave entrance and what lay beyond. The blizzard still raged, but it looked to be calming down some.* "How far is your ship? I don't really fancy spending three hours digging up your speeder, so if it's not far we can just walk."

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:52 pm

"Uhh...digging. Up. My. Speeder......ah, fierfek..." I frowned and furrowed my eyebrows for a moment as it dawned on me. I left my speeder outside. In a snow blizzard. On Hoth. "You can tell I don't normally do snow.."

An embarrassed expression crossed my face as I brought my palm up to my forehead. That embarrassment was short lived though. "Right. My ship. It's close...." I shrugged at him and flashed a contrite smile. "It's actually a bit of a walk, I guess.....unless.." A gleeful look suddenly spread across my face. "We wouldn't survive the blizzard if we went out in it together. I am a shi'ido though and I know of several forms that could easily survive this kind of weather if you aren't opposed to trusting me...."

Getting up from where I was crouching, I walked over to my guns and collected the power cells, reloading them before sticking the pistols back in their designated holsters. Picking up my hat and discarded scarf, I put them back on before turning back to Calanon.

"So....this is crazy, but ride me maybe?"

I flashed another smile, wasting no time in shifting since either way I was going to be going out there in the blizzard. As I smiled my teeth elongated as the rest of my body began to rearrange itself. Pistols and clothes disappeared as a small patch of fur that first formed on my head migrated to cover the rest of my body. Falling to all fours, my arms lengthened and bulked up as my spine stretched and extended out to form the long tail of an . As I finished shifting, I turned to look at him, the last of my human form quickly disappearing as my round pupils morphed into the more slitted pupils of the cat, my ears extended, and claws sprung from each of my feet.

I gave a loud roar that reverberated within the cave as I paced around it in a circle, the nails of my claws clicking against the ice floor as I waited for Calanon to make his decision.

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:09 pm

"Look, I know I offered you dinner and all, but that's not really..." *Then she started shifting right in front of him.* *I can honestly say, I have never seen something so disgusting before. Maybe if I could only see the outside it would have been fine, but as it was, I could see organs disappearing and being rearranged and it did not look pleasant.* "Whoa. That's a neat trick." *It also explained the lack of organ inter-dependency. She probably didn't even need half the organs a human had.* *Then she finished and it was a giant snow-white cat that stood in front of him, clearly anxious to get on the move.*

"Ya know what? What the hell." *Slinging his bow onto his back, Cal walked up to her and jumped onto her back, squeezing with his legs and grabbing a handful of mane. He knew his next decision probably wasn't a good idea, but he just couldn't quite help himself, the smirk plastered across his face giving more than fair warning if she could have seen it.* "Mush."

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:26 pm

I turned my head slightly, in ice cat form, and let out a low growl as he said, "Mush." Really? Did he really just say that to me? If I could have rolled my eyes I would have. Instead I brushed it off and bounded out the mouth of the cave and directly into the blizzard.

The wind whipped through my fur, but I hardly noticed it. Clearly this ice cat was built for withstanding these freezing temperatures. I stood there a moment, sniffing the winds as they howled around me, body poised and muscles quivering as I got my bearings. It only took a second to find the right direction to head in and within moments I bounded off towards my ship. The whole trip only took around six minutes when it would have taken Calanon and I much longer had we gone on foot. The way the ice cat was built allowed me to bound through deep drifts of snow without sinking in and to avoid slipping on patches of ice wherever we encountered them. I was extremely aware of Calanon sitting astride atop me and was careful to make sure it remained that way.

That is until we got to my ship..

I unceremoniously dumped him in the snow at the bottom of my boarding ramp, so I could resume my human form. Within seconds, I was back and immediately went about going through the security protocols before the boarding ramp to my ship descended.

"Shall we?" I said, raising my eyebrows at Calanon as I began to walk up the ramp of my Deepwater-class Light Freighter.

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:39 pm

*Cal's laughter was muffled by the snow his face had landed in, and when he pushed himself up and turned to face her he still wore the smirk from before.* "Ya know, this is about as far as it's possible to get from how I thought this day would be going." *He stepped to the side as she moved forward to open the ship, still almost entirely un-bothered by the cold.* "First a lone bounty hunter shows up to kidnap me, then she tells me she knows who I am, and before I know it I'm riding her all over the icy tundra of hoth." *He followed her into the ship, managing not to wince as the ramp sealed and cut him off from the blissful emptiness of the tundra. Ships were far too full of tech to be comfortable.* "Definitely not the sort of thing one pictures themselves doing when they wake up in the morning."

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:56 pm

"Believe me, Cal..." I said softly as I leaned up against the bulkhead of my ship, rapidly entering commands into the nearest wall panel. The ship's sub-light engines hummed to life as the ship began its start-up sequence. I was not going to cold-start this sucker, relatively speaking, and risk getting stuck here on Hoth, so I was willing to wait the full amount of time before I could punch it out of here. "This was the last way I expected to be spending my day too.."

I raised my eyebrows at him as he mentioned riding me.. "Riding me, eh....You haven't seen anything yet.." I smirked and turned, pivoting on my heel, to walk down the hallway to the cockpit. Upon entrance to the cockpit, I stood over the pilot's seat and glanced at my instruments before I began stripping all the heavy clothes off, draping them across one of the back chairs. I was eventually left in a grey tank top and brown leather pants.

Sitting down in the pilot's chair, my hands ran across the dash of my ship -- Treg's Reach, it needed a new name certainly -- like a lover's would across their partner's body. Knowing every bit of one another's skin by heart. I had this kind of relationship with my ship. It was once my home away from home, now just my home. Depressing several buttons and levers, I fired up the engines and we shot up into the atmosphere, riding on the winds of the blizzard.

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:04 pm

*He chuckled at her comment as he settled into a spare seat in the cockpit, doing his best to shut out the noisy ramblings in the auras of all the machines that surrounded him as the ship rose into orbit.* "If you say so, Tricksy." *Why do I get the feeling this is not going to be a restful trip?*
Previous

Return to Hoth's Terrain