Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Meditative Canyon

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Mon May 25, 2009 4:44 pm

Re: Meditative Canyon

*Glaurung enjoyed being among Erin...she was refreshing in a way...and he liked it. He had never been able to really relax and speak with someone in a long time. This was definitely a good start.*

*Glaurung notices Erin's blush and he chuckled softly...his voice sounded like a mysterious darkness...as well as a gentleman.*

Ah the pleasure is mine, my dear Lady Darkwell. And please...call me Val.

*Glaurung smiled then felt his comm link buzz...he too saw the same message that Erin had seen...he turned and nodded to Erin.*

I would most certainly like to, mi'lady...let us go to Alzoc III and gather my fleet there...then we shall head to Kashyyyk from that area.

*Glaurung extended his arm to Erin after he slowly approached her...he was very tall and powerful looking. His armored hand and arm gleaming perfectly in the sun's rays. He showed a gentle smile to Erin.*

Shall we?

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Tue May 26, 2009 12:45 am

*Arthurus stood in the clearing, in plain sight of the man and the woman. His appearance made him look more like an Assassin, but his stance was different.*

<< And where do you think you're going... you have more pressing matters. >>

*Gallant drew his saber, and moved forward.*

Miss, I do not know your name, but I ask that on behalf of the nightsisters, that you distance yourself from this man. He is but a shell of his former self, and is looking for a warrior to test his strength against. I am Arthurus Gallant, head of the Nightsister Guardians, Bodyguard and trusted friend of Sabine Luella Vessler, Matriarch of the Nightsisters. I was an old friend of Sir Horica. He's undergone a mental change... and has openly taunted the Nightsisters in an attempt to display his so-called newfound destructive dark side. I ask you step away, I do not wish to bring you into this man's charades.

*Gallant's eyes shot back to Glaurung, studying him. If he was anything like Valstrol this was to be one hell of a fight. Saber drawn, he drew a runic circle around himself, muttering a runic enchantment in Old Dathomirian. He began to summon himself, letting the force flow through him freely. Snapping open his eyes, he glared at Galurung.*

Now coward... you wanted me here... now show me what you think you are... I will get my friend back, if its the last thing I do.

OOC: I cant exactly determine where you two are, but I had been intending to arrive before he could get anywhere... and Val, dont disappoint me by leaving me hanging... and miss, its a pleasure to meet you. ^_^ Seems fate brings people together, and I am a servant of the Nightsister, Bodyguard of the Matriarch Sabine herself.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue May 26, 2009 8:43 am

*Erin's eyes narrow as they sweep over the newcomer, hearing his words but ignoring them. Her hand drifted down to her belt, hovering over the hilt of her lightsaber, ready to defend herself or her new aquaintance if need be.*

*She had absolutely no idea what this man was talking about, but she read in both what he said and the way he said it that he thought himself pretty important. It was people like this that she couldn't stand, people who thought themselves superior to those around them, when really, a well placed burst of force lightning was ll that was needed to send them on their merry way.*

*Erin's pale hand touched her saber hilt briefly, indecision etched in her face. Her saber was an extremely effective weapon, but if he were wearing cortosis underlay or something of the sort, it would be all but useless. After several seconds of thinking, her hand moved on and gripped the hilt of her rune sword, pulling it free of her belt with a slight tug.*

*The blade, about three feet long and three inches wide in total, was forged from some blackened, obsidion metal, crimson runes flared to life that spiralled around the blade, ending about six inches from where the blade tapered off into a rectangular point.

The handguard, a simple piece of rectangular metal, was shining silver, about four inches long and two inches wide. The blade, as well as the rest of the hilt, were centered in this.

The hilt, about a foot long, was carved from amethyst, the gemstones polished until nearly slippery, it was so smooth. A large, glowing red quixoni crystal served as the pommel, granting her focus and tranquility even when in the midst of a raging battle.*

*She hefted the blade slightly, gripping it in her right hand and letting it rest nonchalantly on her shoulder. Reaching up with her left hand, she brushed a lock of purplish crimson hair behind her ear, her dark eyes watching the newcomer for any sign that he was about to attack.*

"If you want a fight, then come over and-" *She started, but she was interrupted by the high pitched beeping of her commlink. Looking down at, she read the message quickly, her brow furrowing.

Turning to Val, she said, " The RO has accepted Loyderas' terms of surrender, so I guess we won't be needed at Kashyyk after all."

[Action]Turning back to the newcomer, she grinned, showing brilliantly white teeth, the canines just a bit to sharp*
. "It is for the better. I'm looking forward to ramming my blade down your noisy gullet."

Affiliation:

Post Tue May 26, 2009 1:17 pm

*Glaurung's eyes narrow...his pupils become somewhat of a snake's piercing eyes...they were shrouded in mystery, thus the Dark Lord would be unpredictable.*

*Glaurung knew well that Gallant acted on his own, as he always had...but it would best to let him know the truth...He wanted to avoid immediate battle for now, as Glaurung was still deciding on what to do.*

*Glaurung got infront of Erin...as if protecting her...he stood before Gallant and smiled in a cruel fashion.*

Lord Gallant...it has been awhile. Though I understand that you wish to free the true Valstrol from his prison...I will tell you the truth. Valstrol decided to do this on his own accord...one he loved so dearly had recently betrayed him on Togoria. So, being vulnerable and weak, he retreated into the darkness...that darkness being me, Darth Glaurung.

*Glaurung's eyes glanced back at Erin...he wanted her to know the truth too...for even though he wasn't truly Valstrol, Glaurung still had many of Lord Horica's traits...such as being an honest man. Then he returned his gaze to Gallant.*

I have already felt Valstrol returning...though his spirit presence seems weak...I ask for you to leave and stay away, Gallant...He has always called upon me to do such things...if you destroy me, you kill a part of Valstrol...a part that he needs to succeed.

*Glaurung remained where he stood...not making any more...it was truly his intention to let Gallant decide...to let him know his options. He also wanted Erin to know all...he didn't want to disappoint her at all.*

So now...it is your choice, Gallant...kill me and you kill a vital part of Valstrol...or leave and let this happen...

*Glaurung knew of Gallant's stubbornness and radical motions...he would have to warn Erin about this quietly.

So, unknown to Gallant, the Dark Lord spoke to Erin through the Force.*

<< I wanted you to know the truth...I am really who I am, but my real identity is Valstrol Horica...I am him as he is a part of me...

You'd best be ready though...even though he is a Nightsister Guardian, Gallant acts on his own will...not on the will of the Matriarch...Sabine would've come herself or requested my presence at the Citadel. So anything can happen...just be prepared my dear. >>

Affiliation:

Post Tue May 26, 2009 7:29 pm

*Erin's grip tightened slightly on the hilt of her sword, her sharp ears catching every word of the conversation that passed between the two warriors, though she understood little of what they were talking about.

Her dark eyes shift from man to man as they continue their talk, her mind trying to sort through all of the things they said. It made little sense to her, and she soon gave up, deciding to just focus on gathering energy for the battle to come.

So it was that she devoted herself to gathering force energy until she felt a voice enter her mind, the voice of the man that she had just been speaking with.*

<< Who you used to be doesn't matter to me. It's who you are. >>

Affiliation:

Post Tue May 26, 2009 7:39 pm

*Glaurung listens to Erin's response and is amazed. She didn't who he was...all she cared about was that he was who he was. Glaurung knew he would protect Erin...Gallant wasn't going to lay his hands on her.*

*Glaurung stayed infront of Erin...acting as if he was going to shield her from some awful fate. Glaurung growled lowly and pointed his finger at Gallant.*

You must choose wisely, Lord Gallant...it is either my death...or the death of a part of Valstrol...

*Glaurung prepared himself for anything that would happen afterwards.*

*Glaurung felt ready to face Gallant...now he would speak with Erin about this.*

<< You do not have to get involved, Erin...I can handle this myself...I don't...I don't want you to get hurt by my own faults and actions...but it is up to you what you wish to do. >>

*Glaurung was sounding like a true gentleman to Erin...something that was not seen alot these days.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed May 27, 2009 5:57 pm

*A short burst of laughter issued from Erin's mouth and she had to hastily cover it with a pale hand to contain her glee. To think, that he was worrying about her getting hurt. She supposed she couldn't blame him, for he really didn't know her or Vaint. With a master like him, getting hurt wasn't a possibility, it was a certainty.*

<< I think you'd better worry about yourself, Glaurung. Oh, and could you cut this knightly chivalry? I'm not a defenseless maiden, ya'know! >>

*There was amusement rather than anger in her voice, but she kept her expression harsh for Gallant's benefit. Her grip tightened on her runesword as she waited for the man to strike, pedalling to the left to get Glaurung out of her way.*

"Could you hurry this up?" *She said, her voice icy as she addressed Gallant, her dark eyes studying him intently.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed May 27, 2009 6:54 pm

*Glaurung smiles with glee. Erin was quite an impressive lady...he didn't mean to make her feel like he was treating Erin as a defenseless maiden. H chuckled softly and looked at Erin's eyes.*

<< It's yes my gentleman nature, Erin...I wasn't saying that you were defenseless...I just was trying to ensure your safety in all of this.

But lets make this loud mouth arrogant knight cry....shall we, my dear? >>

*Glaurung grabs the hilts of his dual lightsabers and stands beside Erin...ready to cooperatively work with her...he had never tagged team in a long time. His blood rushed as he desired battle.*

Lord Gallant...decide quickly...or your death will be quick.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Wed May 27, 2009 8:19 pm

*Out of Valstrol's own Shadow a doppelganger of Arthurus appeared, swinging the saber at Valstrol's left shoulder. He had taken the tme to prepare this attack, thus why he spoke nothing.*

I figure if the lady wishes to participate the odds must be fair... but i did not wish to include you in this, nor did I dome to kill this man.. .I am merely following Sabine's orders to investigate why Lord Valstrol has fallen into the darkness, and to try and bring our friend back. Now... let's do this shall we?

*Gallant stepped forward at Valstrol, saber sizzling with added electricity. With a sudden swing Gallant forced the energy of the Saber into a large scythe like cutting attack, moving straight in a horizontal line. It was easy to dodge but it would force Valstrol up or down, making an easier target.*

Im not going to kill you old friend, but let me show you why the Nightsisters are not ones you should so openly challenge... and Erin... I can read your thoughts. Do not judge the nightsisters by what transpires here today... but consider this your test. Bring your best. You wish to meet the Nightsisters, I am the one who can bring you to them.

*Gallant laughed. Two on one. A Sage versus two Warriors. normally one was outmatched, but Gallant knew many tricks to hep keep the fight fair.*

Erin, if you werent so beautiful I would be offended... I came here to speak with Glaurung and offer you residence with the Nightsisters, yet you react so harshly to me... I am a peaceful man, but I need to confirm for myself if Valstrol is really gone...

Air Cutter
Forming the energies of one's weapon into pure energy, it is then molded into a large boomerang like projectile, thrown most often horizontally. a small trick of Dathomirian descent, often used with a Lightwhip or Lightsaber. as their weapons are mostly pure energy and easiest to transform.

Affiliation:

Post Wed May 27, 2009 8:31 pm

*Glaurung was the second most powerful of Valstrol's forms...he knew the advantages and disadvantages of his own limits...as well as of Gallant. Glaurung knew the doppelganger was worthless compared to real deal...so he would concentrate more on Gallant for sure.*

*Two bars of red plasma shot out of Glaurung's robes, colliding with both blades...an evil grin on his face. He would enjoy this alot.*

Oh...Valstrol is not dead, Gallant...he is more hibernating as I slowly take control of his body...he has given me the power I need to survive as all Sith Lords have before.

*Glaurung's blades clashed with an excellent parry against Gallant's blade...another smirk on his face.*

Oh please...I was going to show Erin my old friend, Angel Silri...I would take her to the Nightsisters alone...for we all know your nature, Gallant...especially when it comes to pretty women.

*Glaurung retracted quickly and soon two massive waves of black flames erupted from his hands...they both formed the heads of angered dragons...the attack spearheading straight for Gallant.*

I will show you the true meaning of Sith...the true power that lives within my body...as for openly challenging the Nightsisters, I never did...I was merely taunting and mocking about how weak Valstrol was...I wish to keep his old connections together...for when the Dark Lord will rise again!

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Wed May 27, 2009 8:59 pm

*Gallant stood side by side his doppelganger, their different features now evident. Moving almost in unison, a powerful force reflect appeared, Arthurus in a flash of light absorbed the dragon, sending a winding beam of white fire back to Glaurung. Gallant absorbed the second dragon just as easily, except the power of darkness converted this one, sending it back in a black pulsing flame. They turned their focus to Erin, letting her study the dual split spell the Nightsisters had taught him. All of Gallant's light soul had split from the dark warrior , forming the Blond haired, sky blue eyed,white skinned Arthurus, with silver battle armor, while Gallant held all of his dark energies and soul, his armor the twisted black mass, his hair black, eyes red, skin a brownish tinge. That was the true power of Arthurus Gallant, the combination of two souls into one. With a smirk the dark one winked at Erin, while Arthurus responded to Glaurung.*

Dont underestimate me Galurung, youve seen me do this before.... last time you let my other half run free he almost ruined you... As for the lady, you better promise me she gets to the Citadel in one piece or I shall have your head... Ive long since changed... no longer am I searching for someone to take care of, to love... to love me... Ive realized that noone will take a gamble on me. She would be safe with me, but I do not wish to interrupt that which I sense between you both. It is a shame I had to meet her like this, but alas I need to figure things out... and she wont let me have you one on one, so I am given no choice but to defend.

*Muttering a small incantation, Arthurus looked upwards, calling a pillar of light towards the ground where Glaurung stood. As the beam shot down, about 3 feet in diameter, Arthurus finished the spell.*

Light's....Redemption!

*Gallant meanwhile waited for Erin's move. Gallant and Arthurus were both pacifists, guardians at best. Their spells and battle abilities were defensive primarily. They were never ones to kill, only to repulse.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat May 30, 2009 7:04 am

*Erin was nearly taken aback. She'd never seen spells like this before, then again, she had never seen a nightsister or the servant of one fight. Still, she felt that the man would be easy to destroy, if she could get close enough. That might prove difficult, however, with all of these strange powers flying around.*

*Squaring her jaw, Erin gripped her sword in both hands and suddenly was rushing Gallant(not Arthurus) at full speed, moving so quickly her shape was simply a blur of light. She reached him quickly, her sword swinging in an upward motion with the intent of ripping him in half from pelvis to sternum.*

*It was a quick and decisive attack, easy to block if it was predictable, but that it was surely not. She hadn't even decided which attack to use until she'd been upon him, and thus it would be impossible to gain insight from her jumbled thoughts.*

*If Gallant were to block the attack, unlikely as that seemed at this point, she planned to quickly draw back her sword and bring it down in a ceiling to floor sweep, changing directions with only the roll of her wrist, thus makin it nearly impossible to predict or block.*

*All this time Erin was drawing in force energy, the darkside, letting it fill her, embrace her, wash over her like a dark wave of an obsidian ocean, stockpiling it for the time when it would be needed most. She had a feeling that time would be soon.*

<< Glaurung, work off of my attacks. Otherwise this fight will take forever. You concentrate on long range, I'll keep him occupied up close! >>

Affiliation:

Post Sat May 30, 2009 9:06 am

*Glaurung watches Erin's movements...when he heard her request, Glaurung would nod. He was well specialized in long range attacks and illusion spells. Though he keep one lightsaber at hand, Glaurung would mainly use his force techniques to harass Gallant from afar.*

*Glaurung managed to dodge the attacks that were repulsed by Gallant...he moved to the left quickly, removing his robes. His shimmering black sith armor made Glaurung look more machine than human.*

*Glaurung, like Valstrol was a genius. He began to calculate distance and velocity. He also measured the energy needed to project perfect attacks. Glaurung's yellow eyes turned to a snake's pupils as they examined...then he found his moment.*

*Glaurung fingers twitched as if he was typing on a keyboard. The ground rumbled as a trio of black vines came shooting out of the earth. They bore massive thorns as the shadowy vines lashed out at Gallant from three ways.*

<< Just tell me when to switch strategies, Erin. I will cover your back from behind. >>

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sun May 31, 2009 1:14 am

*Minds thinking as one, Arthurus and Gallant mimicked Erin's and Glaurung's strategy, Arthurus targeting Erin from a distance. He chanted inaudibly as he looked at Glaurung, his mind focused on Erin preparing a stasis spell.*

*Meanwhile Gallant deflected Erin's blow sending her careening off to his right, and her left. While she was turned around he charged towards Glaurung, sensing his dark tendrils from his attack fly at him. He ducked the first vine as he closed in, the second vine making him stumble for a half second as it landed in front of his feet, while easily avoiding the now mistimed third, muttering a channeled dark pulse spell into his sword hand for when he got in close. As he neared Glaurung he brought his sword arm in front, a blitz like assault directly at him.*

*Unleashing the cone blast towards Glaurung, he kept in tune with Arthurus to keep an eye on Erin, who by now must have realized he had juked her, but would soon have her own problems since Arthurus had been left alone to cast magics to aid Gallant, particularly the binding light magic he had sent towards her.*

Divine Stasis
Much like a Force Stasis works, however the spell attempts to bind the target's arms and legs together to immobilize them, rather than disabling them entirely. If one concentrated enough it was escapable, altho the spell is meant to be physically draining to the target.

Dark Pulse
Concentrating energy into a single point, it is then activated and bursted from a single point of focus and expands outwards in a cone like fashion. Usually fired from one's hand, it is used to great effect when in melee range, since its slow expansion often makes it an easy to avoid attack.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sun May 31, 2009 1:49 am

[quote="Lord Gallant":3e94txho]
[action:3e94txho]Meanwhile Gallant deflected Erin's blow sending her careening off to his right, and her left. While she was turned around he charged towards Glaurung, sensing his dark tendrils from his attack fly at him...[/action:3e94txho]
[/quote:3e94txho]

That should read:
[action:3e94txho]Meanwhile Gallant deflected Erin's blow sending her careening off to his right, and her left leaving her no time to start a second attack. While she was turned around he charged towards Glaurung, sensing his dark tendrils from his attack fly at him...[/action:3e94txho]

Affiliation:

Post Sun May 31, 2009 11:26 am

*Glaurung anticipated that Gallant would use Arthurus for something, but didn't exactly expect them to use their strategy against them...Glaurung watched as all his vines missed, but managed to make him stumble...Glaurung had another trick waiting up his sleeve.*

*Glaurung's snake-like eyes saw the movement of Gallant's attack, suddenly a bar of red plasma erupted from his left hand and defended against Gallant's sword. Glaurung's lips curled into a wicked smile...he was going to use one of his two tricks.*

Gallant...your fight is valiant...I must credit you for that...but due this stance, you are left open to a flaw in your defense.

*Out of Glaurung's right sleeve, smaller vines went out towards Gallant's legs to ensnare him...with several darted straight for his upper body area...this time, Glaurung knew he calculated perfectly.*

*Glaurung was a master at the arts of Force Flame and Shadow techniques...the Dark Lord had more up his sleeve to keep his amusement going, but he had another plan.*

<< Erin!! Fallback to where I am!! I have Gallant and his back is defenseless!! Strike now!! >>

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:52 am

*Muttering a few quick words Arthurus dashed towards Gallant, creating a doppelganger of Gallant, sending pulsing beams of light at Glaurung and Erin, to grab their attention. As the vines hit the cloth of Gallant's robes, they crunched with a sickening thud against the black twisted body armor underneath. With them now distracted by Arthurus's Seeker Beams, Gallant used Force Speed to escape the perilous situation, leaving the doppelganger in his place. Cloaking himself from sight he tried to imitate his force power, making it seem like the doppelganger was indeed real. Their battle plan had switched up. Arthurus was now on the offensive, Gallant watching his back, preparing an ensnare spell for Erin, one much like the spell Glaurung had used.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:40 pm

*Erin cursed under her breath and quickly regained balance, switching her grip so that she held the hilt of her rune sword in both hands. She turned as she heard Glaurung's words, but only in time to barely dodge a seeker beam, as she rolled to the right, coming up in a slight crouch.*

*She had to admit that she was impressed with Gallant's strategy. He never let himself be held in one spot for very long. Still, she doubted that this could continue for much longer. Though his spells were strong, Gallant was not a warrior. He could repulse an enemy for a long period of time, but his defenses were only that, defenses. His offense was practically useless, and eventually he would tire, and then she would be there, runesword glowing and thirsting for blood.*

*Turning, she noticed Arthurus closing on her position, and she quickly drew force energy to it, adding it to the already considerable stockpile. Then, taking a deep breath, she let go of her sword with her left hand and brought it up with a jerky motion. A large chunk of yellowed rock followed, hovering in the air. With a slight twitch of her fingers, the rock shattered into hundreds of razor sharp shards. She smiled, and then thrust her hand out, towards Arthurus, smiling as the dozens of shards covered an area of twenty feet, hurtling towards him at breakneck speeds.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:54 pm

*Muttering a spell as he neared Glaurung, a razor sharp wind cut in between the combattants, destroying all inbetween them, the rock shards in particular. The two souls being sages, one a Sith Sage (Gallant) and the other a Jedi Consular (Arthurus) they knew spells that ones could only think of, at a cost of immense draining of mental strength. This razorwind spell was one such spell, and Arthurus would need to rely on melee for now while Gallant watched his back. While one casted, the other fought, the easiest strategy, and due to simple battle meditation, their energy regenerated back quicker than usual. It was like recycling, using one's energy, then turning it off, and recharging.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:47 am

*Glaurung cursed under his breath as he watched all that was unfolding.*

*The Balance between dark and light was an ingenius method...though Glaurung knew it would take immense energy...he knew there was a small flaw in their strategy...he sent a force message unknown to Gallant and Arthurus to Erin.*

<< Listen to me, Erin...one of them is at it's weakest when they use that wind spell...as you could tell. If we could make Arthurus use it again sometime later...we can close in and off-balance him...this will help change the tide of this battle. >>

*Glaurung's figures moved around more...as if playing a piano fast...a rumble is heard as several more vines came shooting out of the ground...however these were different ones. They were pitch black and didn't look organic...they looked like a solid form of shadows.*

*The vines whipped out...heading straight for Arthurus...who Glaurung identified as the weakest at this point and the melee fighter for now.*
PreviousNext

Return to Ambria's Terrain