Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Meditative Canyon

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: Meditative Canyon

*Arthurus barely had time, but he threw up a shield like apparition of light in front of him, the shadow vines dissolving as the light and shadow collided, disintegrating them and the shield both. Arthurus ran forwards, his left arm buzzing from the closeness of the hot light shield he had summoned. His sword glowed bright as the sword came down on Glaurung, aiming for his hands.

Gallant watched Arthurus barely escape the Shadow Vines, and knew he had to do something. WIth the darkness binds he had conjured into the palms of his hands that he had originally prepared to ensare Erin, he lashed them out at Glaurung, circling him in an attempt to distract and ensnare Glaurung, who was too busy focusing on Arthurus that he had unknowingly turned his back to Gallant, now revealed as his spell launched from his hands.*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:49 pm

<< Glaurung, I can end this, but I need you to keep them away from me while I ready my attack! >>

*Hoping that they would comply, Erin inverted her grip on her runesword, so that the rather broad point of the blade was pointing straight down. With a slight grunt, she drove it deep into the ground, burying it halfyway up to the hilt, and then suddenly dropped to the ground, sitting in a lotus position.*

*She could feel the darkside swirling around her, lending her strength, demanding nothing in return. It whispered dark obscenities in her ear, embraced her tightly, lovingly, washed over her in a tidal wave of shadow.

The attack she was preparing, a beam slash, took much time to prepare, and could drain the user to the point of near exhaustion. Therefore, it wasn't a practical move to use in a battle such as this. However, with Glaurung protecting her, she hoped that she would have enough time to complete the spell unmolested.*

*Muttering under her breath, there was an almost visible shimmer in the air as Erin began transfering her energies to the sword, her head drooping lower as her energy abated, swirling from her to her runesword. The dark characterst that spiralled around the blade, letters of the Old Tounge, glowed with a bright, sinister light, just waiting to unleash their power.*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:02 pm

<< Understood, Erin... >>

*Glaurung immediately disengaged and flew back...his stance ready to defend Erin. His blades in an X-form behind Erin.*

*Glaurung felt the immense power building...it made him wonder and become interested by this power. His eyes remained on Gallant and Arthurus, but he would glance at Erin...hearing an ancient tongue, Glaurung knew it was powerful.*

*Glaurung's blades raised and pointed at the two enemies.*

<< I shall defend you, Erin...I will make sure your offensive attack is successful. >>

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:27 pm

*Recognizing Old Tongue almost at once, Arthurus, glanced briefly to Gallant, who nodded. Seconds later Arthurus and Gallant stopped their tirade, and turned to Erin simultaneously. Together, syncroniously, they began to chant in Old Tongue as well, however they copied themselves many times over into doppelgangers, littering the area with standing, chanting bodies. Glaurung could not possibly find Arthurus and Gallant's true bodies in time, not before their Duo-counter spell would be ready. In essence, it would turn her attack against her, morphing her energy into what they saw fit... this time it was to be a prison of energy, and given the power of energy rising in her, it would be a powerful trap indeed. Now all Erin had to do was attack...*

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:26 am

*The attack would take some time to build. It was immensely powerful, and Erin usually refrained from using it, worried about destroying her surroundings. In this case, she was afraid that she would destroy the canyon, which was obviously important, as she could feel the concentration of force energies. However, that just made it easy to gather the force needed.*

*The runes on her sword grew brighter, their crimson light staining the ground around the sword blood red. Lighting began crackling around the blade, a bright, sea green color. Several bolts leapt off and struck at the surrounding clones, but that was not the true power. That would be unleashed in due time.*

<< Just a little bit longer! >>

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:58 am

*Glaurung immediately saw the counter that Arthurus and Gallant were performing...it would a diseaster if Erin's power was backfired.*

*Glaurung acted first...he did not care if his blades could not find the flesh of the true people, but Glaurung would distract them long enough.

His blades dove towards two of the doppelgangers to the right, while sending shadowy vines at another to left...Glaurung just needed to distract them...not cripple them.*

<< Watch yourself, Erin! This doesn't look good at all! >>

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:28 am

*As Doppelgangers disappeared, new clones reappeared. it was fairly simple to create images of oneself, and even though Glaurung would cut through a few at a time, they would reappear and Glaurung would be stuck guessing once more. As the counterspell neared 75%, the hands of each doppelganger began to glow, indicative of the massive counterspell nearing completion. From every doppelganger in the room Arthurus and Gallant's voices bounced into Glaurung's head.*

<< Face it Glau...if Erin attacks she's screwed... you better stop her I dont wish to ensnare her... end this foolish duel or face the consequences... >>

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:12 am

*Glaurung suddenly got a com-message...he growled lowly, wondering who the hell was calling at this time. When he examined the message, Glaurung's lips curled in glee...this was what he needed to end this duel.*

*Glaurung stood infront of the many doppelgangers and chuckled softly*

<< Maybe you should end this, Gallant...it seems your Nightsisters are being challenged...specifically you! Maybe you should end this duel and go face this new threat... >>

*Glaurung then paused for a moment and laughed mancially...his snake eyes gazing into the crowd.*

<< You think I will be a thorn in the side of the Nightsisters!? Ridiculous! Like I said in the past...I do not wish to break ties that were already formed by Valstrol...especially the Nightsisters...someday, he will return...Lord Horica shall...but he still needs to heal... >>

*Glaurung remained stalwart...his blades on either side of his body...his eyes never flinching.*

<< ...You are the only one who can end this foolish duel, Gallant...as you started it by becoming the belligerent...I was not harming anyone, till you came along... >>

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:44 am

*From within the crowd, Arthurus and Gallant both smirked.. they all walked towards Erin and Glaurung, the spell fully prepared.*

<< The man will await the end of this duel and allow me time to recover and prepare for that duel... so Ive got enough time Glaurung... but it seems both yours and Erin's has run out... and with you both together like that, I could counter upon you both at once. >>

*Gallant was right. They were side by side... any ensnare spell would easily catch them both, and the power both Arthurus and Gallant had drawn upon, combined with Erin's attack... would create a large trap indeed... Glaurung had pushed himself into a corner... it would almost have to force Erin's hand...*

<< Glaurung... with you so openly wishing to become stronger, and challenging Nightsisters, one could say you are becoming a thorn sir... after all... these attacks will push me to my limits, which will be a hindrance to the Training the GUardians require... not to mention I will be weaker than usual, as most people are after duels... so in perspective you're already a thorn... and I did not start this... you snuffed at the Nightsisters, challenging our power... you know the Nightsister way doesnt back down... from any challenge. I only wanted it to be you versus me, but Erin wishes to fight for you, much like I fight for the Nightsisters... it is quite noble of her... >>

*Gallant and Arthurus stopped talking... Glaurung, if he had begun tracing the source of the Force Speak when they had first spoke, chances are he would have located them both. But the time had come and passed, and Glaurung had missed his chance. The counterspell now waited for Erin...*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:45 pm

*Glaurung's lips curled...and this time, he was ready. Loud bangs were heard as two more shadow shapes formed...creating three Glaurungs. They drew their blades and glared in the direction of Gallant and Arthurus.*

<< I did not openly challenge, you and the Nightsisters...I came as a messanger to speak the truth of the Fall of Valstrol...none of my words were ever a threat towards your noble self and that of the powerful Dathomiri Witches...Only when I was taunted by Sabine did I ever show threats... >>

*The three Glaurungs darted off in unison...two coming at the sides of Gallant and Arthurus...and one at the center...The center Glaurung had one saber...his other hand was gathering a massive force storm...his hand thrusted forward.*

<< ...And now...I shall end this... >>

*Like a roar of thunder, a massive wave of Force Lightning spread out in a wide arc towards the real Gallant and Arthurus...it ripped through the ground and went straight at the pair.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:53 pm

*Her chanting completed now. She could feel the power in her blade, in her, stemming from the language of the unformed. She was ready.*

*At the same moment that Glaur launched his attack, Erin jumped to her feet and pulled her sword free from the ground, then slashed the air in a horizontal cut. As it cut through the air, a crescent moon shaped beam of energy arced from the blade, heading for the real Arthurus and Gallant.*

*She knew that he was preparing a counter spell, but with this much power combined, there was no way that he could successfully counter it, and if he tried Erin was certain that he would be ripped to shreds by the sheer power contained in the two simultaneous attacks that had been launched.*

<< There's no way he can withstand this... >>

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:33 pm

*Arthurus and Gallant watched as Glaurung sliced thru the force images with ease. As the beam came in they leapt into the air, and shouted.*

Counter spell, give me strength! Convert this energy for me to use! Counterforce!

*Synchroniously, they landed in the ground with a thud, and the energy from the wave approached them, cutting through the multitude of force images easily. But when it approached Arthurus and Gallant, they channeled their combined energy into their hands, and grabbed for the energy blade, and held it in place. They were modifying the attack, and redirecting the energy. Withing seconds the energy blade changed color, turning white, then black, then red. They hadnt attempted an Energy Control Counter Spell of this magnitude before, and it was draining them. But it was working... the energy was flowing through them... the red link of energy between them fluctuating, transforming into a spherical bond. This was all happening quickly, and the Doppelgangers were now fighting back, occupying Glaurung so he could not interrupt. With a final yell they launched the improved attack back at Erin, the Spherical Bind flying towards her. As the last of the energy left them, they nearly collapsed, the both of them. Looking to each other, they nodded, and ran full tilt at each other. THeir energy was drained, and could not support two bodies any longer... they were about to reform back into their true self.*

<< Erin... that was an amazing spell... but dont you try that ever again... that could ruin a planet if used improperly... look at us... it took all of our power correcting your careless mistake... we can no longer fight as two... so fight us as one... but dont forget the Stasis Orb waiting for you... >>

*They could see the steam, sweat, and scars of battles past forming on Arthurus and Gallant's bodies... with a final cry they remerged, into a injured warrior... Arthurus Gallant was done fighting... he had shown the type of Power nightsisters possessed... and that was all he had intended to do.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:26 pm

*Glaurung saw the doppelgangers vanish...his snake eyes returned to their normal color of a Sith orange. He put his lightsabers back into their places...then turned to face Gallant.

Gallant was always impressive, just as Valstrol had seen...and how Glaurung knew.*

*Glaurung raised his gloved hands...and clapped them. They broke the eerie silence that had fallen on the battlefield.*

An excellent show, Gallant. Valstrol knew you well and I am impressed...Now leave...you have the honor of yourself and that of the Nightsisters to uphold against your new threat...

*Glaurung walked towards Erin as the energy slowly dissapted...then he glanced back at Gallant.*

Valstrol will return someday, Gallant...my time here is only limited...but it has been a honor in duelling you...perhaps another day we shall meet again...

*Glaurung then went over to Erin...he knelt before her and showed a gentleman's smile.*

You didn't have to fight beside or for me, Erin...but I appreciate your help...You have great potential and I hope to help you unlock that potential.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:41 am

*Slowly the wounds on Arthurus Gallant's body began to heal over, leaving nothing but damp sweaty skin underneath his armor. Removing his helm he bowed to Erin and GLaurung.*

THat was a great fight you two... Erin the Nightsisters would be happy to have ye if ya wish to join us.. you would not be trapped upon the planet as some tend to think, you will free roam where you wish... and most often the juiciest of the reasons is i personally serve you and the other sisters as you and they you see fit, as is my role.

COme to Dathomir if you wish to learn the Dark Nightsister ways, I shall meet you there, I do believe Glaurung wished to bring you there himself if you wished to go...

*In a white puff of smoke, Arthurus Gallant was gone... back to his ship, back to Dathomir...*

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:17 pm

*Erin shook her head, sliding her runesword into the large scabbard that hung on her chain-link belt, which encircled her waist loosely, hanging at an angle. She half-turned to Glaurung, her dark eyes shining brightly and her full lips curving up in a small half-smile.*

"It was nothing. I'm a little ashamed to say that I gain a certain...euphoria from battle, I glory in violence. Definently not very ladylike...but..."

*Erin shrugged in a 'what can you do' kind of way and laughed lightly, crossing her slender arms just uner her breasts, her long sleaves draping across her abdomen like a blanket.*

"And I look forward to working with you..."

*She did, too. He was pleasant to be around, gentlemanly, which was a refreshing change from the usual type of men she met, the sith, anyway. And the Jedi were wimps, pacifists, they found no glory or joy in battle, and it sickened her. Glaurung was in a unique class, strong and violent but at the same time gentle and caring.*

"Well, I'm glad he's gone...

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:21 pm

*Glaurung heard Erin's last words..."I look forward to working with you..." He had to admit, Erin was unlike most women of this era. She had a taste for battle and blood, but was at times, Ladylike and gentle. He admired both traits within the young woman.*

*Glaurung stood up straighter and gave Erin a gentle smile...he nodded in agreement.*

"I too look forward to working with you...we both make quite a team..."

*Glaurung moved towards Erin and extended his arm to her...the same gentleman way as before.*

"Let us go to Ronove Castle for now...and find some place to stay for the night...we both need rest after that fight...don't you agree?"

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:36 pm

*Erin smiled widley at Glaurung, looping her arm through his and turning to look into his eyes, her own dark irises glinting in the dying light of Ambria's rapidly setting sun, the high walls of the canyon casting a line of dark shadows across her pale face. She moved a bit closer to him, so that there was only two or possibly three inches between their bodies, and their shoulders and upper arms were touching.*

"Indeed I do. That was quite a spat. Definently different than what I'm used to, however. Usually I fight those skilled in the light side of the force..."

*She greatly enjoyed the man's company, being around him, being near him. He had a certain quality that was charming and refreshing. He made her feel like a valued being, not like most of the Sith men she'd met, and some Sith women as well, who were interested in such things. Fortunately, she had avoided those women as much as possible.*

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:42 pm

*Glaurung smiled and enjoyed this gentle touch between their skin. Though Erin was pale, he could feel the warmth deep beneath her skin. Glaurung led Erin towards the Castle...his yellow/orange eyes shining in Ambria's sun...his pale skin felt smooth and cold, but comforting.*

"I agree...it was a refreshing battle after all..."

*Glaurung felt sort of lucky to have met Erin...he had come at the right time to meet the young woman. He didn't feel alone anymore...Glaurung felt accepted and valued. Ever since the death of his wife, Kira Dragonwind...Glaurung had no one who valued him like Erin did.*

*Glaurung noticed a speederbike at the mouth of the Canyon...his hand gently patted Erin's arm and he approached it...he checked everything and got on.*

"Well a stroke of luck...seems sturdy and has enough fuel to get us to the Ronove Castle fast...hop on."

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:43 am

*Gallant returned to the spot of the duel, and retrieved his crest, which had fallen off during battle. He said nothing, spoke nothing... he was still in a state of battlelust, so he was cautious not to let it free. He looked up, noting he was alone, and began to meditate, regaining his energy quickly. His scars and wounds disappeared, his hair returned to its regular brown. Off in the distance he could see the pair leaving. Quickly, silently, he spoke to each of them in turn.*

<< Erin, do take care of Sir Valstrol, since I no longer can, after all he is like a brother to me, dark as is now. Do come visit the Citadel sometime, the Matriarch would love to have such a powerful woman visit... I did not get a proper chance to thank you for the lovely duel, I enjoyed it quite a bit milady. >>

<< *Gallant poked teasingly at Glaurung* Up to your old tricks old man? Poor lady Erin seems to be terribly enthralled by your presence. Seems fighting me did more than drain you of your energy... by the way, stop by the Citadel sometime, Im sure Sabine will want to see the new you... >>

Looks like their headed to Ronove... Arthurus, how do you think the crew on the CR-90 is doing?

Meh,Im not sure, Im sure they're fine. We need to rest however, you nearly killed us reshaping that attack, and i want to be ready in case we need to fight again... or who knows what.

True... well... then keep watch for me, its time for my meditation. See you around Arthurus...

As usual...

*As the dark side of the force retreated into meditation, Arthurus took control, and stood up. Cracking his back, he called down the Stealth-Wing,and leaped onto the cockpit, opening the hatch and getting in, adjusting thrust nozzles and vectors, taking off into the sky silently. He had met two new people, and though he did not leave much of a true impression upon one, Glaurung surely knew now Gallant was watching him cautiously.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:57 am

*Erin smiled and blushed lightly as soon as Glaurung could no longer see her, taking several moments to regain her composure. When she was sure that she wouldn't blush or do anything stupid in front of him, she followed him over to the speeder bike and did her own quick examination of it. It did seem quite sturdy, and she was sure that it could carry two.*

*She felt really comfortable around Glaurung, not ackward like she had felt other times when she'd been around a man she'd liked. It was easy to be around him, easy to talk to him, even though her heart nearly stopped every time he flashed her that dazzling smile of his. She could barely breathe when they touched, and it seemed like everything but him would slowly fade away, become a background noise.*

*Erin shook herself from her reverie as she felt Gallant's voice in her mind, and though she loathed the sound of it, she listened intently, and she found she actually admired the man a little for his care for Vastrol, who was apparently some other side of Glaurung. She hoped that he would never resurface, for then she would lose this man.

Sighing, she hopped on the speeder bike behind Vastrol, her slender arms crossing around him just above his waist and holding tightly as she pulled herself closer to him, leaning her head against his back.*

"Let's get out of here."
PreviousNext

Return to Ambria's Terrain