Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Chambers of Eralam

Guild Councilor
Guild Councilor

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Re: Chambers of Eralam

"If we were all well adjusted, we wouldn't be Sith. We are all damaged. Even the Jedi. They use it as inspiration for good. We use it to fuel our hate. And some guys just want to watch the world burn."

*She was putting a large dent in the amount of whiskey in her glass, so she pulled the bottle to her hand and refilled the glass. She shook off his reasonings for Concordia's newfound empathy for the Jedi side of the tracks.*

"I know, I know. I also don't care. I don't forgive and I certainly don't forget."

*He had brought up a topic she did rather like to discuss and as she began to speak about the Force, the years seemed to peel off her, making her look more like a bespeckled 30something rather than an older Italian actress.*

"The Sith Code says peace is a lie. I say, it's not a lie. It's a matter of perception, always has been. The thing I consider to be peace is the Jedi's anarchy, the thing they consider peace I see as a velvet yoke of oppression. The Force itself doesn't care one way or another because it is merely a tool. It's not light, it's not dark, it just is. All of this, all of it, rests in the mind and heart of the beholder. The power that is manifested by the wielder takes the form they envision. So if it is a Sith, the power is a reflection of their own hateful twisted self. If it is a Jedi, it is the instrument of justice and balance. Or at least they tell us. I have not seen them ever try to actively stop me unless I'm already on their doorstep to begin with."

Galactic Battle Arena Judge

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:09 pm

"Historically, Jedi have always had a bit of trouble with that whole 'threat recognition' bit. I'm sure you remember that whole kerfuffle with Palpatine. Takes them a lot to get into motion."

*A quick radio query to the liquor inventory system ensured that both the Corellian and the local alcohol would be well stocked for as long as necessary. Eralam wasn't sure how heavy of a drinker his guest was, but he had learned long ago never to underestimate the ability of a Sith to consume.*

"Interesting. I have to agree with you there. Light and Dark are constructs of the sentient minds that use it. The part that baffles me is why they need them in the first place."

*Satisfied that the supply would hold out, the Shard drained his glass.*

"You use your emotions as a means to acquire power. The Jedi prefer to be serene and all that happy horse Sithspit. In the end, it all does more harm than good. Sith, assuming that they survive long enough to worry about it, tend to burn themselves out on the fires of their hate and rage. It quite literally eats away at their bodies. The Jedi are so emotionally constipated that it's not even funny. They go through life suppressing anything approaching a natural emotional response to anything. And then they wonder why the ones that go Dark explode fall so quickly. They never learn to deal with it all."

*Abstractly, the Iron Knight couldn't help but marvel at the oddity of the situation. If ever there were more unlikely drinking buddies, they had yet to exist within this universe.*

"There's a lot to be said for just using the Force without trying to color it one way or another. It's a lot more versatile and a lot less likely to bite you in the choobies."

Guild Councilor
Guild Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:00 am

"Ah but there is the rub. We are emotional creatures. It is not within us to live separate from them and in fact when we try to, we fail spectacularly and have a mental breakdown that would make full blown Sith look sane and well adjusted. We cannot deny that which is so tightly ingrained in our nature. We cannot be free of them, they are what makes us who we are. Now I cannot speak for other species, but for humans, well the short answer is that we color the Force, the Force does not color us. However we cannot simply use it from a place of neutrality because as hard as we would try, our nature would invariably force us to act upon them."

*There was magic and power and the Force moving in strange ways in the room as the pair spoke. She inhaled of the power, and feeling the will of it, the bar changed. It was now a semicircular table, with a bow-tie and vest wearing young man dealing them in on hand of Texas Hold'em. From a pile of chips next to her, she throws in a 5"7 small blind before the dealer, who seems to be named Skippy, turns the flop. She was looking at an eight of hearts and a 10 of spades.

She sips her drink and looks over at Eralam to see if he was going to bet before the flop.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:47 am

*Eralam checked his cards, a 2 and a 3 of clubs. He scowled at them, hoping the Force would cut him a little slack, but alas, it did not. Normally, the room would respond instantly to his bidding, but for whatever reason it was being stubborn. The Shard figured it had something to do with his guest. Either it had taken a liking to her or it had decided she was too dangerous to risk pissing off. He suspected it might have been a little bit of both.

Oh well, at least they were suited.*

"Call."

*He threw in his chip and the dealer began to turn cards.*

"I grant you that separating the Force from your emotions is difficult-especially after a lifetime of training and experience. It is possible, if only just, for organics to use it in such a manner. I managed to teach the trick to a trio of apprentices a while back. One was Jedi, another Grey, and the third Sith. For one brief, glorious instant they forgot their prejudices and beliefs and just felt the Force for what it really was."

*He took a sip of his drink, finishing the last of the amber fluid in the glass.*

"Naturally, they turned their backs on my teaching as quickly as possible. I think it saddened them somewhat to realize that the entity that had been guiding them their entire lives was merely showing them a reflection of their own wants and desires."

Guild Councilor
Guild Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:33 am

"To stare into your own heart and to see the true nature of yourself is often the most frightening part of self discovery. The creature we hide is always more fearsome to us than the creature we show. It is inevitable that the darkest and deadliest Sith carries compassion in the darkest part of their soul while the noblest Jedi carries a miserable wretch in theirs."

*She chuckled as Skippy flipped over a 9 of clubs, a 5 of hearts and the ace of spades. Depending on the turn and the river, she could be looking at a straight but she could be sitting with a hand full of nothing. She throws in a couple chips and wonders how good his poker was.*

*She took another sip of her whiskey, as she looked over at him slyly.*

"Raise you 10."

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:05 am

*Eralam chuckled and tossed his cards into the center of the table.*

"Fold."

*Once more the room changes. The card table is still there, but the dealer is no longer well dressed. Instead, he's wearing old, beat up demin pants, a button down shirt, scuffed up riding boots, and a large hat. The room is filled with ghostly images of similarly dressed individuals, all either drinking or playing cards at their own tables. They are all armed with ancient slugthrower revolvers. The walls are made of dirty, dried wood. Similarly dusty windows let in harsh sunlight, and the open door provides the only air circulation. In the corner, a rather frazzled looking man is banging away at a battered piano.

Eralam had also changed. Now he is in his HRD chassis, taking the form of a tall, pale skinned human. Like the others, he wore jeans that, in modern life, would have been considered fashionably ripped and worn. The damage, however, was the result of years of wear and tear, not an industrial process. His black cotton shirt was in a similar state. The ancient canvas duster he wore was perhaps the worst off. It was tattered, torn, and had many poorly-patched bullet holes. In stark contrast to the rest of his attire, the Colt revolver sitting in his thigh holster gleamed in the dim lighting.*

"On an academic level, I think most beings realize this. Everyone has evil and good, yadda yadda yadda. But it doesn't really hit home for most of them. They don't really suspect what lurks in the darkest part of their souls, not until it rises up to bite them in the choobies."

*The dealer collects the cards and passes the chips to Sin. He shuffles, then deals new hands to the two of them. Eralam has the king of hearts and the three of diamonds.*

"I'm curious. How far have you looked into that blood-stained soul of yours?"

*For some beings, a question like that might have been meant to be insulting. Eralam was simply being factual. His guest had a definitive aura of darkness that spoke of horrors committed and hinted at horrors waiting in the future. It was a fascinating phenomenon, being in the presence of such a being. The darkness was there, darkness in droves, but there was a depth to it that he hadn't found in many beings. A part of him wondered what sort of impression his own far-from-spotless soul gave.*
Previous

Return to Temple of the Ancient Order of the Whills