Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

OOC RP Planning and Dispute Resolution

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: OOC RP Planning and Dispute Resolution

mycharacter usually makes the philosophical argument that there is no such thing:
there are flawed sith, and there are Jedi that are actually sith, they think they walk the fine line, without crossing it.

but i did think up an awesome motto thingy:

I haven't met many Grey jedi that can philosophically justify their position. I thought I might give it a shot:

Balance is our name
We neither add, nor take away.
We are the fulcrum of power, we are the eye of the storm.
We mirror the world around us, and reflect it's Beauty and Horror back on itself.
Returning to each his own. To everyman his due.

The Sith drown themselves in torrents of power, The jedi insulate themselves from it.
The Sith and their passion; the Jedi and their calm.
The Sith and death, the jedi and Life
Both represent extremes in the continuum of the Force.
In their eyes,
We are the boatmen that ferry those from the banks of light to the shores of night.
And back again.
The jedi are right, the Sith are wrong. The jedi are wrong; the Sith are right.
But they are wrong: There is more to the force than this.

The force is ONE.
We are neither day nor darkness.
We are dawn and dusk.
We are gray
Balance is our name.

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:01 pm

Thats pretty awesome. :D

You came up with that? or a Grey Jedi friend did? lol

Cade believes in the Unified Force, where it it not the force that is light or dark, but the wielder that is light side or dark side, so he is in the middle, he does good things, but can use "dark" power with out it affecting his mind or position.

Besides, Imperial Knights are sworn to kill the emperor if he were to turn to the dark side ;)

Affiliation:

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:16 pm

I thought that up.
as well as this:

[quote="Dread Lord Havok":nihx3ivm]
"Gray? GRAY?? Philosophically speaking, the deepest mysteries of the force can only be uncovered by pursuing the light or darkness. One must have the firmest of grasps on the philosophy to understand the Force Technique, and how to manipulate it. There is no gray. There are only those that understand neither the light or dark. Perhaps they call themselves pragmatists, but this is the same as saying they are not idealists, and hence will never understand the pure implementation of the force. Their force lightning will be tainted and tempered with Compassion. Their thrusts will fall next to the heart and not on the heart itself. Its another way of saying that they lack the resolve to do what needs to be done, and hence contradict their own position as pragmatists. If they truly understood the dark side they would realize their mistake.
They have not the discipline to be jedi, nor the ability to sacrifice ALL, even their loved ones, to become true sith. They are weaker than weak and unfit to call themselves jedi or Sith."[/quote:nihx3ivm]

I have a personal sith code that I also thought up:
[quote:nihx3ivm]"Life is pain.
Through pain I gain Wisdom and Hate.
Hate becomes my Sword, and Wisdom guides it.
My own Aims give a meaningless Life like Mine purpose.
I am my Ambition; I will conquer.
Without my passion, I am already dead.
Without my hate, I am unarmed.
Without pain, I am a fool.
All ends with death."[/quote:nihx3ivm]

And I write Lectures:
[quote="Dread Lord Havok":nihx3ivm][narration:nihx3ivm]*The lecture had already begun by the time Az and Vyle got there. Vyle looked for vacant seats but couldn't find any, So he stood in the aisle of the lecture theater by the back wall.*[/narration:nihx3ivm]

[narration:nihx3ivm]A hologram of a figure leaned on a lecture on stage.[/narration:nihx3ivm]

"Document, Lecture One: "The Ultimate Truth About Reality", By Lord Havok the Seer.
Topic: The Sith Code:[the text was projected on the screen above the stage]

[narration:nihx3ivm]*the lecture had started and a hologram of a tall thin scholarly looking sith was speaking to an audience somewhere else in the galaxy. He wore baggy robes that were as standard as sith robes come. Nothing custom or memorable. Then again, this was the Blind Seer. What need would he have of flashy clothes or stylish robes? his overall appearance was not particularly memorable.
Havok's milky eyes, however, held a remarkable intensity inspite of being part of a hologram. He causally leaned his elbow on an unseen lecturn and scanned the crowd for questions before he continued with the lecture. Even as laid back as he seemed in this setting, he had the visage of a bird of prey scanning the ground for prey.[/narration:nihx3ivm]

"Moving on:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

"Let us discuss this so called paradigm of Dark side reasoning. For so many Years it has been lauded as the "Sith Code." I believe I shall show several problems with it that reveal it to be a sham of rhetoric.
Line One:
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion." Both of these are obviously false. I shall start by examining the concept of "peace". Peace IS a genuine state of affairs. Objects are at rest, wars are not being fought, etc etc. It is a state of optimal equilibrium that, if undisturbed , will endure indefinitely.
"What makes this state so objectionable to Sith philosophy is its seeming lack of struggle. It is commonly accepted as true that growth and self-mastery is only possible through considerable struggle; Struggle that ultimately increases the capacity for strength and power. Through lifting 100 kilo rocks can one eventually grow to be able to lift and throw 200 kilo rocks.

"In a more troublesome and absolute sense it may be an obvious thing to point out that Life itself, is in violation of Peace. Cells are renewed and regenerated, thus a living body is always fighting and struggling against entropy. LIFE is a violation of peace. If life were to be taken as an absolute, then it is possible to come to the incorrect conclusion that peace is a lie.
"However, if death is taken as an absolute, then peace is the final lasting truth. We all must die.
"THE FACT, is that PEACE or DEATH is the ULTIMATE truth. [action:nihx3ivm]*he emphasized his words by slamming his hand on the lecturn*[/action:nihx3ivm] Peace defined as a "state of equilibrium," will and can only be reached through death. Only formerly living beings are in a state of being that can truly be called, "Peace".
Life *IS* an abomination, an upset in the natural order. Life flaunts itself in the face of Peace(/death) and therefore Life can only be justified by denying this absolute Truth of Peace.
"So the first line of the Sith code can be changed to read: "There is no Death." Which we all fortunately know to not be the case. EVERYTHING that lives, must eventually Die. Death is inevitable, therefore it is, when all is said and done, The Ultimate Truth about Reality. I shall return to this subject a little later.

"There is only passion": this is easily refuted by pointing out that while there is passion, There is also more than *just* passion. The existence of our nemeses, the jedi, is proof enough.

"Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. "
This collection of propositions contains a very simple logical structure that is valid, if the contents prove to be true. The logical form is:(A->B)^(B->C)^(C->D)^(D->E). A Classic syllogism. If the logical connections hold then the conclusion necessarily follows.
However, I take issue with the final lines though:

"Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."
The first part is probably due to some sith scholar exercising poetic license, while seeking to reveal some poorly perceived inner truth or something. Or it may ALL be poetic license. The final line is perhaps the most Rubbish of all. The force DOES NOT free you.

"The first thing a Dark Jedi learns, is not that the force frees you, it is that YOU free you. The jedi speak of the force as an entity: a thing with a will; a nebulous construct that controls and connects the destinies of all living things throughout the galaxy.
To Use the force to free you, is to
1, either deny that the force is this type of entity, or
2, accept that the force is this way and to accept that "using the force to freeing you" is an act of destiny that has been predestined and you are still a "slave".

Neither 1 or 2 actually CHANGE the nature of the force. The truth is that all force users are prisoners to the force. Forever Chained to it, in as much as One relies on it's power. In fact, the more powerful "in the force" one becomes, one may argue that you are more enslaved to it. you rely on it to sustain you, to protect you, to destroy your enemies. Really, the only one's that are free, are either beyond the influence of the force while alive, (i am not sure if this is possible) Or those that are beyond its influence by virtue of being Dead. (dead in the sense of being a Non-existence).
"No one is more willing to be a slave, then those who falsely believe they are free."

"This problem of metaphysics leaves sith philosophy in a sad state of affairs: how is one to be free, and still exercise the power of the force? I believe the answer may be in first of all, learning to act and function without the force. Once one has some ability at this, Then I would recommend that One resume Force training, but also realize that the concept of Freedom itself must be redefined.
What are we Truly seeking to be free from? We aren't actually trying to be free from the influence of the force, since this is the source from which we draw power.

"What we become free from is from PEACE. Death is peace. peace is death. through the force we become able to live forever; forever denying the absolute truth. If there is one destiny that is denied to all, it is eternal life. It is the one choice we cannot make. One cannot simply will themselves or choose not to die. This is where our freedom is taken from us. Therefore, to become free we must master the force, and this by using it to defeat the absolute truth. We are free when we are free from death.

"It is in this single act of continuance, that a Sith becomes free. Once a sith has obtained eternal life, He has truly become free. The jedi tenants must observe this fact and recognize that they must accept death, since it is the ultimate truth, or else they join the sith as defilers of the truth.
"It is by living on that a struggle to better oneself becomes meaningful. (Life is absurd. If death is inevitable, then why work so hard to master the force? why focus on self mastery? your efforts will all disappear with you. Fighting an knowing your effort will be absolutely wasted is pointless and absurd.)

"In summation, the current Sith code can be summed up as follows: Peace Is Death. Freedom is Life eternal.
This clearly sets the Sith apart from the jedi. It also makes every other endeavor worthwhile. What are our passions worth if we will die and feel no more? what is our skill with a sword worth if we die and fight no more?
And what of the jedi? Their philosophy must necessarily cause them to accept their deaths, even as we defy ours.

"This conclusion still leaves the code of the sith summed up in "there is peace in death, But we shall defy both." While this is accurate, it fails to capture the spirit in which a Sith goes about his work. It is the proper foundation from which a proper code can be constructed.

"In my next lecture I shall discuss a new sith code, or an alturnate formulation that seems to get to the poetic heart of Sith attitudes.
With some discussion it could easily be discovered to supplant the old sith code as the New Paradigm of contemporary Sith Philosophy. But that shall be covered in Lecture 2, "Truths of the Nature and Meaning of Life.". Until then, good evening."

[narration:nihx3ivm]*there was included in the audio feed, clapping of the audience Dread Lord Havok was speaking to. The Audio feed was cut and then the Holo-recording ended.[/narration:nihx3ivm]
[action:nihx3ivm]The dimmed light came back on and a figure stepped onto the stage...
Lo and behold it was the Sith from the Hologram, in the same baggy robes, now, he was here in the flesh.[/action:nihx3ivm]

[color=#FF4000:nihx3ivm]"Now that the lecture has concluded, the real discussion may begin.
I have a riddle:

"The sith are powerful. Contradictions are real:
How can the Force, which sustains life, kill?
The jedi have power, but the sith have more still.
Is the true test not one of skill?
The power cannot all be the same,
So how are we different, not only in name?"
Is there one coin or two? Are we each the other coin's bane?
The power that contradicts itself, cannot all be the same,
So how are we different, not one and the same?"[/color:nihx3ivm][/quote:nihx3ivm]

I have to go to bed now. I have work early in the morning.

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Wow dude...Nice work! On all of it! The idea of a lecture is pretty funny :)

I'll ttyl then. PM me or Post here if you come up with some cool RP ideas or like my Knight possibility. :)

Affiliation:

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:20 pm

but I wasn't joking. I am a philosopher. its what I do.

soo sooo tired.
finished work, worked out, and i finally got dinner on the stove.

suitable plots... hmmm i thought of a good one this morning... now if I can only remember what it was.

perhaps you were sent here on a mission: not a spy mission, but to track someone down:
now this person that you are tracking down used to be an imperial knight, but defected to the NOE, and is now holding a position of power, say "commisioner general"( or some other meaningless title.)
anyway, your orders are to return him to your empire or whatever for trial, since the extradition process has failed.
your orders are to use whatever means necessary to bring him back with you, or to kill him if that is not possible.

you are caught, and fail.

THAT warrents a public execution, where you will be made an example of:
(insert arena action)
you escape and accomplish your mission by killing/and or capturing your target.

how does that sound for a random Idea?

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:45 pm

[quote="Dread Lord Havok":379cn6x4]The Sith drown themselves in torrents of power, The jedi insulate themselves from it.
The Sith and their passion; the Jedi and their calm.
The Sith and death, the jedi and Life
Both represent extremes in the continuum of the Force.
In their eyes,
We are the boatmen that ferry those from the banks of light to the shores of night.
And back again.
The jedi are right, the Sith are wrong. The jedi are wrong; the Sith are right.
But they are wrong: There is more to the force than this.[/quote:379cn6x4]

[color=#FF0000:379cn6x4]I was reading this, and just one thing I feel needs to be said.

A-YEAH-EAH-EAH-EAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
DON"T PAY THE FERRYMAN!
DON"T EVEN FIX A PRICE!
DON"T PAY THE FERRYMAN!
UNTIL HE GETS YOU TO THE OTHER SIDE!

Thankyou, that is all.[/color:379cn6x4]

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:52 pm

[quote="Dread Lord Havok":2y4017is]thanks :)
but I wasn't joking. I am a philosopher. its what I do.

soo sooo tired.
finished work, worked out, and i finally got dinner on the stove.

suitable plots... hmmm i thought of a good one this morning... now if I can only remember what it was.

perhaps you were sent here on a mission: not a spy mission, but to track someone down:
now this person that you are tracking down used to be an imperial knight, but defected to the NOE, and is now holding a position of power, say "commisioner general"( or some other meaningless title.)
anyway, your orders are to return him to your empire or whatever for trial, since the extradition process has failed.
your orders are to use whatever means necessary to bring him back with you, or to kill him if that is not possible.

you are caught, and fail.

THAT warrents a public execution, where you will be made an example of:
(insert arena action)
you escape and accomplish your mission by killing/and or capturing your target.

how does that sound for a random Idea?[/quote:2y4017is]

I like philosophers...as long as they isn't forcing stuff into my head with their brain powers!!!! XD

And for you random idea....it sounds...absolutely....amazing!!! Lets do it! :D

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:44 am

Quick question.

Are we going to be doing this in the Terrain? Or are you going to make the Tarko-se into its own forum?

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:05 am

This place is an RP death sentence, I tried very hard here and just couldn't keep it up, Then I handed it over to Havok and forgot all about it till today.

I would come back for Cato if it was taken over, it has been under our control for around 4 years and is a part of our groups history. With that said, Cato is no means a closed off planet we, know it is a central hub for banking Universe wide, thou no one ever comes here to do that.

Affiliation:

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:15 pm

You know, I think we should keep it simple and keep it in the open terrain, since there hasn't been enough Rp here to warrant the creation of a new topic(as awesome as the topic may seem).
if more like the level in FU2 we may seem more people come here.
if RP increases then perhaps we could appeal to a whill to create a topic, but until then... nah.

alrighty. :D (i'm a great idea person)
With your approvial, i shall begin thinking about details.
its 8:11, i just got back from working out, dinner is cooking, and I have until 9:00 to write something.
just letting you know, we can do this, but it will be somewhat slow going due to my IRL schedual. I probably won't be able to do more than one post per day, and no posts on some days. you cool with that?

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:35 pm

totally. Whatever works for you Havok. You want to make the set up post? Or you want me to?

Affiliation:

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:12 am

go for it.

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Posted. Tell me what ya think.

Here is an image of what Kreeg looks like. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... os-TNR.jpg

here is also a link to Tarko-se if I havent posted one yet...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tarko_Se

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:08 am

So...what you think Havok? Suitable to your tastes?

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:56 pm

suitable yes. only problem is that I have been unspeakably busy. life has required my full attention, and it may be like this for a while.

Affiliation:

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:50 am

2 in the morning and insomnia. i have work at 6. :p

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:57 am

IC I'd like instructions on where to send my Rangers for the contract.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:26 am

D'oh!

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Cato Neimoidia has grown rather.. lacking, in the course of the last several months. So, just letting anybody that cares know, I'm gonna assume control and take over as head of the planet's writing team.. :)
Sorry for any inconvience.
Previous

Return to Cato Neimoidia