Information: The new forums are now open: http://jedivsith.boards.net. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Open Terrain


User avatar

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Posts: 5257

Donations: $10+

Affiliation: [img]http://tinyurl.com/785nevq[/img]

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: Open Terrain

*The fire was so hot, the forest was filled with ample reserves of fuel to bolster it's stamina. Reverance's crimson eye bleed clear droplets, the sting of the heat and smoke brought irritating bits of pain and distraction to the forefront of his mind as he wrapped the torn shirt around his face to cover his mouth and prevent smoke inhalation. It had been several hours since his last proper communication with the Council of Lords on Manaan. And he had gotten no contact back from the men on recon search throughout the jungle. Pressing the bud on his hear, Reverance knelt down by a smoldering tree, covering his face further with his tattooed left arm.*

:: Praetorian Guard, come in! I repeat, come in. Respond. ::

*After waiting for a few desperate and delicate moments, Reverance stood up and glanced back to the single soldier that had followed him through the angry fire and brimstone.*

"I can't feel his presence anymore and the situation has become more severe than I had expected. We are going to regroup at the ship and re-calculate our current intent"

:: If you can hear this, regroup at the ship now! ::

*With that, Reverance looked at the mechanism on his wrist and the dial that aimed towards the direction of the beacon. The arrow bounced as if infiltrated by other forms of magnetic resistance, making it difficult to determine a proper location. Nevertheless, Reverance cut his losses and picked an average spot and began running towards it.*

*It's odd when one attempts to navigate a location that they had never been introduced into before, similar to a mice roaming a maze and thinking it had the freedom to choose it's own direction. Unbeknown to Reverance, his initial direction hadn't been as linear or straightforward as he thought. Dodging falling trees, enflamed vines, and dreadful attempts of an invigorated forest could prove problematic for such attempts. So much to his surprise, his travel back to the ship was not nearly as prolonged as he would have expected.*

*As he ran with a most solid form of purpose, he cleared the brush from his face as he walked through vegetated tunnels to find himself upon the ship that he asked to be landed in a safe location. Unfortunately, what he found wasn't exactly the most capable ship. Nose first into the ground, the ship seemed in lackluster condition, covered in mud and earth. Instinctual precognition kicked in as bewilderment took over and in his minds eye, the ship exploded sending a surge of energy in a small radius that encompassed him.*

*Turning to the soldier behind him, he had just enough time to yell before the blast.*


"RUNNNNNNNN!"

*Bringing his arms in front of him and locking forearms in a crossed position, he created a force push in a wide angle from his hands towards the ship as stepped back on his right foot to brace against the impact. The explosion was multi-phasic, first sending small bits of shrapnel against him and sending his hair back into a presence of evasion that Reverance was hell bent on not taking. With the concentrated blast, he could push back the majority of the portions whilst still being able to stand, despite the minor cuts across his face, chest, and shoulders. But the first explosion was followed quickly by another explosion that deteriorated the hull, sending large portions of metal and engine pieces in an outward radius. His concentration faded, his vision blurred as the wind pressed against his crimson eye, mixed with ash and ember. All but one of the pieces evaded his presence. Reverance was quickly reminded of the frailty of sentient beings as sharp edge met with his lower abdomen, piercing completely through his core and lodging itself in the fold of his skin.*

*Releasing a grunt from his clamped jaw, sealed shut in painful concentration, Reverance was completely incapable of defending against the final blast that put his wounded body into flight. Flying straight back, Reverance flew into a nearly fallen over tree and passed right through it, ensuring it's timely demise. He came to a stop as he rolled against another tree, halting with a loud thud. His crimson eye looked up towards the tree line to see the smoke plumes caused by the explosion, the soldiers nowhere in sight. Before his mind shut down, he looked towards the ground as the ship beacon rolled across the peat in front of him, steadily blinking.*
User avatar

Posts: 1774

Affiliation: Dark Tide - The Fallen Lord

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Open Terrain

Sinistra wrote:*Meanwhile on the med runner, Capt. Nit checks his gear one last time as they head through the atmosphere towards the jungle surface. Making sure the small team of 9 others, humans and zabraks were ready to jump should they need to, Capt. Nit nods to them and they adopt a readiness stance.

Capt. Nit slides into a seat next to Maximus, looking over the instruments to see if there was any particular heading they were going on.*


=Capt. Nit=
"Any idea what you're looking for down there? Sinistra didn't say anything other than picking someone up. What are we here for?"


One of the Lords of Dark Tide. His ship should be around here somewhere, but he activated the emergency beacon. We are on the heading now.

*The Sprint-class shuttle was flying low over the trees of Thyferra, and Maximus was at the controls. He was going full speed, searching the ground with his eyes and the Force. The fire was making it damn near impossible to see anything, but Maximus just kept following the beacon that was pinging his radar.

There was no sign of Reverence yet, but Maximus wasn't giving up. A Lord of Dark Tide was in danger, and that meant he either had to be saved, or his body had to be collected. One way or another, he was finding what he was here to find.

Just as the beacon was growing stronger, a massive explosion erupted in front of them, growing far beyond the levels of fire. The shockwave from the blast rocked the shuttle as it sped past the site due to the speed Maximus was flying. He double checked the beacon to see that it was now coming from behind him. He looked over at Captain Nit, issuing a quick warning.*


That was it! Hold on!

*A split second later, Maximus jerked up on the control yoke, sending the ship into a rapid climb. Up and up, the ship kept rising until it was pointed directly up at the sky. Still going full throttle, Maximus twisted the controls to the right, now initiating a roll as the ship began flying upside down. The ship was rattling heavily, and proximity alarms were blaring, but Maximus could tell that she would hold together. Decades of experience behind the controls of a ship had taught him a thing or two.

As the ship leveled out and ceased making noises, Maximus drew closer to the explosion site. He reached down and unhooked his crash webbing, standing to move to another part of the ship.*


Take the controls. Fly low and slow, then bring her around.

*As Captain Nit took the controls, Maximus moved to the back of the ship. As the boarding ramp dropped, he could feel the ship dramatically slowing. As he spied Rev, he leapt into the air, using the Force to slow his descent. He hit the ground with a roll, tumbling through the ashen remains of shrubbery and foliage.

He pushed himself to his feet and stood, surrounded by flames and smoke. He sprinted the short distance to Rev's body and grabbed his arm, pulling him up and over his shoulders in a fireman's carry. Rev's limp body was heavy, but Maximus was a big man, and was handling the weight well enough. Just as Nit had set the ship down in the clearing, the rest of the crew of the ship jumped out and began rushing to help Maximus. He waved them back, knowing that there were no other survivors. As they ran back onto the ship before him, Maximus carried Rev's body up the boarding ramp and threw him down on one of the medical beds. The attendants on the ship rushed to strap Rev down, securing him for the exit flight, while giving him temporary medical attention.

Maximus raced back to the cockpit as the boarding ramp closed, taking his seat again. He didn't say anything, but instead let Nit man the controls. He lifted the shuttle off the ground and hammered the thrusters again, pulling the shuttle away from the burning planet and back towards open space.*

Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: Open Terrain

*As he stumbled his way through the jungle, his energy waning, the injuries overcoming him at last, Targus stops and leans against a thick trunk. There was much commotion going on in the air and in the jungle. He could feel it. But he could not care any more. He could not go further.

Slumping down against the trunk, he puts his back too it and closes his eyes. The energy of the Temple was still flowing into him, unimpeded, yet it did little for his physical state. The dark was never good at healing. As he feels himself slipping downward into oblivion, his last thought before he looses consciousness is one of desire. Desire that he is found by the troops of the temple before the animals of the jungle find him or the raging inferno of fire claims this portion of the jungle.

Whatever way, its out of his hand and rests in the tapestry of fate and the Force.*
User avatar

Posts: 109

Affiliation: A shadow in the light

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Open Terrain

The shuttle settled in a clearing in the dense jungle, wings folded up like a large insect about to suck its host dry. It perched gently as Bezix could control the craft, crushing bough and twig that made it under the manifolds, but the remainder of life in the clearing remained untouched from the space vehicle's approach. Harm breathed out cautiously as she unstrapped her harness.

Bezix grunted at the Epicanthix hybrid as she popped her own harness from her chest. The ubese's hand was at her hip where her blaster was humming in its holster. She stalked to the back of the cargo bay where the small contingent of troops were gathered and awaiting orders on how to proceed. Bezix coughed for the post flight briefing.

Harm was not in charge here. The Ubese had a bit more experience when it came to larger scale battle that could ensue upon Thyferra. Harm listened closely as the vocabulator hissed at them all.


:: We were sent to rendezvous with Lord Targus. As he hasn't made contact with the Order for sometime, we are to assume that he is injured or dead. ::

There was another pause and a brief cough as if she were hiding a snicker of sorts. This puzzled Harm. She had seen Targus in passing, but had never interacted with the man. She wondered if he had a reputation of stoicism like Eversio or a more diplomatic nature like Reign. Maybe it was something in between?

Bezix continued sharply.
:: I want a full sweep of the surrounding jungle as soon as the ramp launch is proven to be clear. :: The masked woman pointed to two men. One was beefy and corded with muscle and sinew. The other was somewhat gangly but not unhealthy looking. Harm eyed them both wondering at Bezix's choice. :: Hutdens and Roche will cover the ship while we search for Targus. If anything pops up, get on the comm you two. Everyone else will be split into teams between myself and Harm. :: Bezix pointed back at Harm to point her out to the men. Harm watched carefully as the rigid figures bowed their heads and took their positions at the ramp opening.

Bezix moved to the bulkhead where a force pike hung along the wall. She strapped the weapon to her back, then took a crouched position with her blaster ready. Harm ducked down as well. Her Guan Dao was still hanging on the wall across from her. If the way proved to be clear she would have to make sure to grab the long weapon. She gripped the curved hilt of her lightsaber now waiting for the doors to open.

One of the men hit the release for the doors. The gears in the shuttle ground against one another as slowly the metal pulled apart with a slight hiss in the pressure change of stale air to atmosphere.
User avatar

Posts: 109

Affiliation: A shadow in the light

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Re: Open Terrain

Heat was the only thing that assaulted the company aboard the shuttle as the ramp lowered to the ground. Harm could smell the burn of fire in the air. It was oppressively muggy and breath came slowly to Harm as she tried to breathe in the fumes and vapor with the oxygen she needed.

The troops moved off the shuttle first, providing a line of cover and a sweep of the area. They quickly surveyed the surrounding area.
User avatar

Posts: 3090

Affiliation: Unkown?

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:35 pm

Re: Open Terrain

Roughly half a mile BEHIND whatever action was going on an unmarked shuttle touches down. Aboard two fairly strong force signatures almost identical can be detected. Anyone with Dark Tide would reconize Avidus's signature instantly. The other was bit fuzzy to all sides. From the interior of the shuttle, a rather loud rumbling noise is heard. Then Budgie's Breadfan starts blaring as the ramp hits the floor and Convertible Corvette automobile rockets through the jungle heading towards the VSE bar. Avidus sensed a battle. But as he was only here with himself and his bodyguard he decided against action. But then he thought he sensed Max but it was fleeting. With a slight nod he signaled to his driver to head to the bar. It was going to be a long bloody day. . .

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:44 am

Re: Open Terrain

*Figuring he has waited enough for a rescue, Targus wakes himself up and winces through the pain long enough to stand. Once on his feet, he closes his eyes and aligned his mind to the Dark and searches out for the feeling of power coming from the temple. Once locked on to it, he begins to make his way towards it, one foot at a time, all the while sucking in the Dark.*
User avatar

Posts: 109

Affiliation: A shadow in the light

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Open Terrain

After a long stint of wandering aimlessly in the midst of the Jungle, Harm makes a break through the trees and catches "scent" of Targus. The young witch sniffed the air, thick with the perfume of bursting wood and boiling sap, but with a hint of hair gel.

Harm set out behind the trek of Targus, hoping to not leave him in a month long void again. She probably had little hope of catching up to the wounded Dark Jedi on his sojourn to the powerful nexus of the VSE temple. But the dark taint of the temple was intriguing to Harm as well. It called to her like a sweet melody between the burning trees and unrefined bacta ingredients.

The women was adept at Force speed, but her ability to trace and track Targus through the Force was sketchy at best. All she had was a minor view of the Force, a scant inkling of an idea who he was. The Ubese pilot would have been a far better tracker. Harm reached for her comlink, but continued on after Targus.


:: This is Harm, I think I may have picked up a bit of a trail. It's a faint Force signature, but I cannot be sure...there is an overwhelming dark side aura stemming from the deep jungle. ::

When Harm released the comlink, the sharp metal voice of Bezix came back.
:: Follow, but be careful if you find him. We do not yet know if he is wounded or not. The masters can be a bit...just don't kriff with him until the shuttle gets there. There is a temple towards the centre of the forest. We will gather the troops and head there. If you require assistance, we will be awaiting your call. ::

Harm slipped the comlink back into her pocket. Fantastic. She moved on, quickly but not at any rate she had to use the Force to augment her natural agility. Her eyes scanned the forest searching for traces of Targus.
User avatar

Posts: 3090

Affiliation: Unkown?

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Open Terrain

Avidus's corvette squealed through the jungle. Avidus's keen eyes caught sight of Targus then Harem one fled and the other followed Avidus shrugged as he was on the run at the moment. His corvette drives right into the shuttle bay and shortly after that the Shuttle takes off shedding is camo netting as it shoots to orbit. "That was a close one sir." Vic stated as he piloted the shuttle into orbit. . .
User avatar

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Posts: 2176

Affiliation: [img]http://tinyurl.com/3nvh4ol[/img]

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: Open Terrain

*What appeared as a molted ball of flesh dropped through the clouds, descending towards the lush ground below at a rapid rate, partly obscured by the cover of night. It moved quickly, but without the whine of mechanical engines, propelled instead by gravity itself. More remarkable than that was the fact that the vessel was one hundred percent organic in nature, the all too obvious signature of the Yuuzhan Vong. The ship was a yorik-trema, christened by the shapers that created it as the 'Blood Chalice'. Aboard the vessel in what served as its cockpit, the pilot prepared the shuttle craft for landing, sending a series of mental commands to its various reflexes through the symbiotic link of the tall-yor. Spindly segmented appendages extended from its underside, numbering six in total, each equipped with a tip designed to find purchase on the toughest of terrains. In this case that adaptability was unnecessary. The pilot easily found a flat field to set the ship down in. It lowered to the ground, allowing the landing limbs to support the weight of the craft while the dovin basals switched off. At the rear of the craft a molleung worm extended to the ground, creating a wide passage to and from the ship's interior. Flesh rippled along the opening as a hatch sphincter split.*

*Stage 1 complete. The small force of Praetorite Vong had arrived, so far seemingly undetected by the locals, which was extremely important to the mission. With the ro'ik chuun m'arh in the system they could have blasted their way in by force, but that would have been counter-intuitive to their goals. They weren't here for slaves or resources, nor for conquest or glory. This was a mission of revenge.*

*Six Praetorite scouts disembarked from the Chalice, quickly setting up a perimeter around the landing zone. Following the scouts were four members of the shaper caste, though they more resembled wraiths in their cloaks of nuun. In fact, if not for the fleshy sacs they were carrying, they might not have been seen at all. Each of the four shapers was equipped with a number of vials containing a virus designed to infect the alazhi plant, one of the main ingredients required to produce bacta.* *It was the very same strain introduced during the war, commonly referred to as 'bacta plague'.* *Unlike the shapers, the scouts were only equipped with cloakers camouflaged to resemble Thyferra's fauna. They pressed forwards into the field, first checking to make sure the way was clear, then waving the shapers up. Slowly and quietly the ten Yuuzhan Vong team began to move towards the crop fields, extremely cautious of their surroundings. Jarulek Anor, Executor ranked and thus the highest rated member of the team, led the way.*

*T-Minus 30 minutes before they reached the first field.*
User avatar

Posts: 6

Affiliation: The Thyferra Amazon Tribe

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:39 pm

Re: Open Terrain

Darkness covered the jungles on Thyferra this night, and deep within them the sounds of drums being beat upon could be heard as around a large bonfire, women danced in a ritualistic manner, a body seen burning within the fire. All the women wore leather outfits that covered only the most intimate parts of their body, as one in particular was seen overseeing the dances, and the fire. Her intense hazel eyes were seen, firelight flickering within them as her arms came up, crossing; no emotion shown upon her face as the rest of the tribe of females finished their dance... music climaxing to end it all, and then... all was quiet. The woman who stood at the head of the fire, would be heard speaking now, her soft voice, echoing throughout the ranks and the areas of the jungle.

"You all know why we have gathered here tonight, and it pains my heart as I know it does for all of you. Our great leader Mira, our Queen... has passed. As we know however, with each passing leader someone must step forth and lead the clan and I am here to tell you that I... Natalie Lagaris, adopted daughter of Mira Lagaris and sworn by oath, by blood by her... am your new leader. I say, let this night not only remember Mira as who she was, but celebrate her depature from this world into a better place... let us celebrate! What say you my fellow warriors?!"

The jungle at this moment would roar to life with the sounds of screaming and from Natalie, a high pitched uluation would escape her mouth as her fists raised into the air, and as everything came to life, the drums and music would start again, all the tribe females, the warrior clan would begin their dancing again... and even Natalie who was sullen before, no emotion on her face would join in on the dancing, slight traces of tears seen trickling down her eyes as she peered ever on into the flames which consumed the only mother she'd ever known. Was this sorrow?... Natalie thought to herself? Mira had always told Natalie that even due to her... disadvantage when it came to feeling emotions, that she should open herself up to them and allow them to channel through her, free and uncontrolled and that was what she planned on doing tonight in memory of her. It would be at this moment that one of her closest friends, Emilia would approach her during her dancing and embrace Natalie in a hug as Emilia spoke to her.

"Congratulations... My Queen, but I still think I shall call you Natalie. I know that right now your heart aches for Mira, but there is already talk of dissension amoung some of the women in the tribe. You must address this after tonight Natalie... but I'm sorry to burden you with this, tonight I really just want to be near you, and lend you the comfort I know you need." That was something Natalie always appreciated about Emilia, she always stood by her and without her pair of ears and eyes, and her unwavering loyalty, she knew that this new position was going to be hell. However, after the further stressing news to add to the already depressing night, she 'made' a smile to show her appreciation to Emilia for her support and comfort and spoke to her in the hug. "I agree with you Em, I do... but like you said, I'll deal with it tommorrow for now, I appreciate your presence."

Natalie would release Emilia from the hug, both giving each other light kisses on each side of their cheeks as they both began dancing in unision. Emilia had been with Natalie through every little trial during her entire time with the tribe, both being of the same age, and granted she was Natalie's best friend, she was more of a sister having had recieved the same trianing from Mira as Natalia had, which in the tribe was the highest honour of all. They would look at each other with an understanding as the both at that point let any worries go and celebrated the night away.

~~~ Dawn Break ~~~

Natalie would have been awake most of the night, now watching it turn to day... the sun rising over the horizon ( at this point, she would be on a high clearing, above the tree line ) not having gotten much sleep knowing that today she would have to face the already rising problem in her tribe, and she knew ( thanks to Emilia ) that the problems name was Alexius. Natalie let out a soft sigh, her hands playing with her hair as she whispered to herself, a saddened whisper... asking her mother what she'd do. There was no answer, of course there was no answer for she was no longer in the world of living, but as long as she remembered her mothers teachings, her heart would forever carry her memory. Shaking off the mass nostalgia, Natalie made her way back down into the tree line with a grace of a predator, running across the harsh terrian ( literally almost flying across it due to her skill ) and reaching the camp in no time. She saw Alexius awaiting her in front of the smoldering pile of ashes, Alexius speaking to her.

"My Queen.... I've been looking for you, I've been want-...." Natalie cut her short, her harsh voice heard across the camp, now taking a full hold on her new position. "I should have you killed Alexius, your mouth and temper were always far too big, but now wanting to
spilt the tribe? You must be out of your mind." Alexius at that moment, arrogant as she was, was dumbfounded wondering out how she found out her plans, but when Emilia and a few other warriors strode up behind Natalie, ready to defend their new Queen, she knew exactly how. That little snitch, Alexius thought, but it didn't matter, she knew that Natalie would not harm her sisters, no matter how things folded out. "I know that your not happy with me Natalie... but I should have been next in line for the position you now call your own. I will not stay here and be told what to do by a mutt, by someone who... should never have been in this tribe to begin with."

That comment, that remark was enough to sent Natalie into a frenzy of what she presumed to be rage, and within mere seconds, Natalie closed the gap between the two, dagger pulled to Alexius throat, Natalie's teeth clenched as she more or less spit the next words out like a harsh venom. "You dare challenge my authority or my place? I was given the blood oath, I was choosen to be her daughter! Be glad I let you leave with your life, because now, you are no longer a sister to us. You come near our borders... so much as even violate them, we will kill you and all of those who leave with you for you had NO respect for Mira." Emilia at that point came to Natalie, motioning with her hands to put the dagger down. Natalie did, but stormed off into her tent, Alexius stunned in that moment as she and a few others packed their gear within a matter of minutes and left... never to be seen or heard from agian. Emilia would enter Natalies tent, seeing her Queen... angry, saddened possible... it was always hard to tell with Natalie but she cleared her throat, and spoke. "What now my Queen?" Emilia decideding to take a more formal tone with Natalie to show respect, awaited an answer.

What now? What now indeed, that was a hard question for Natalie to answer, as she had never been faced with a situation like this one before. It questioned whether or not she was truly fit to be the next Queen of the tribe, but she knew that her mothers decision ( Mira ), was not a flawed one and so after a few minutes of silence, Natalie spoke to Emilia. "I'm not certain Em... but I do know now, more than ever we must stand in unity with what sisters we do have... and we will focus on keeping our traditions and further building our clan. Send the scouts out to patrol the borders, I want to be certain they have made it out safely." With that order, Natalie heard Emilia leave and bark orders outside her tent. Natalie just wanted to be alone now, and so as she always did when she was bothered as a child, she sat on her bed, and hummed the tune that Mira always hummed to her, and allowed herself to drift off into a sleep.
User avatar

Posts: 6

Affiliation: The Thyferra Amazon Tribe

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Re: Open Terrain

Weeks had passed, although in reality... it felt like months. Natalie's head buzzed like a massive hive, the stress of her duties getting to her because of all the problems that seemed to of occured since she had been coronated. Alexius, with her big mouth had talked almost half the tribe into leaving with her through false information and through her own loyalties. On top of all of that, there was a sect of people, unknown to the group who were constantly violating their borders, which meant they had to be dealt with... it was law to the tribe ( for the only way possible to gain safe passage through their border / territory, was to ask for safe passage. This in itself however, is not easily accomplished as it was hard to find the tribe. ). It would be during the time that Natalie would begin to devise a strategy to solve the problems that were arising, that Emilia, her trusted friend... and now newly promoted first-in-command would enter in her tent, and would bow while saluting to Natalie ( the salute consisted of crossing your right forearm over your chest and bowing ). Natalie nodded, reckonizing the salute as Emilia like usual cleared her throat and began to speak.

"Natalie... I'm sorry to report this, but we are still unable to find out as to who, is violating the borders, but we do have a team on their trail." There was a lingering... tone almost within her voice that showed she was hiding something, something that Natalie needed to know. She spoke to Emilia, her voice stern, reminding herself that the seperation of friendship and leader must remain during times of communication, no matter how much she cared for Emilia. "Who is on the squad... and what are you
not telling me Em?" Emilia flinched slightly at the harsh sting towards the last bit of that sentence. There was no fooling Natalie, ever it seemed and so, with a submissive look, she spoke once more. "Lucia, my Queen is leading the squad. She as you know, is the best tracker in the tribe and we figured she would be able to find out who, was violating the borders. Last night, she came across a set of tracks that were fresh, they were females... we believe that Alexius is coordinating a strike against our tribe, to retake the land. However... this is only an assumption, my Queen."

Natalie's fist clenched slightly at the mention of Alexius' name. Both problems stemed from the same place. She gave Alexius a chance at freedom, gave her a chance to live out her life which she did not take... but appparently Natalie thought, did not fully understand just how far Alexius was willing to go to put her out of the position she was in. If Alexius wanted a battle for the territories, she would get it. Natalie turned around at that moment and spoke, her intense hazel eye's showing the fighting spirit of Mira. "Tell the sqaud to break the pursuit and return immediately back to camp. Leave the Southwestern passage ungaurded for them to slip through and prepare an ambush. We will settle this once, and for all." There was a chill to the air as Natalie spoke those last words. Emilia did not much care for the thought knowing that she would have to possibly kill people she once knew, but because they were standing against the true chosen tribal Queen, she would defend Natalie with her life if she had too.

~~ Nightfall ~~

Torches flickered softly in the wind in the temporary camp the secondary tribe had made. Alexius patiently awaited the intel from the scouts she had sent ahead, hoping that they had found a possible way of entry in Natalie's border... she had to give the girl this much, she was certainly thorough. Lost in her thoughts as she was, a female warrior approached Alexius, breathing hitched as she began to speak. "Alexius! Alexius! The Southwestern passage has a gap. We have had it under watch for the past few hours and there have been little to no patrols going through that area. I believe we have our plan of attack." Alexius' eyebrow raised slightly at the mention of this. Rarely did angles of the border get... ignored. Granted there were fewer people in Natalie's tribe now, it had not stopped the daily patrols, and Amia not having seen any was suspcious, but she knew if she passed on this opportunity, it would cost them. "Prepare to head out, and attack the camp. Tonight I show that mutt why Mira should have choosen me as the Queen."

~~ Just Before Dawn ~~

It was still slightly dark, and Alexius led her group of ten female warriors towards the encampment that her former Queen had lived in, which she now unfortunately due to what she deemed to be a poor choice, had to attack. She was prepared to kill. They slowed down to a to a mere crawl as they looked upon the camp. It was silent, and Alexius assumed them all asleep for as her eye's scanned the camp, she saw only the guards on duty for the night... everything seemed normal. A high pitched ulualtion would be heard, Natalie, Alexius thought as she yelled, breaking her team from cover as Natalie and several other warriors emerged from the tree tops. Natalie landed right in front of Alexius, wooden Escrima Sticks in hand as she spoke. "Alexius! Long time no see... I wonder, what brings you here to my camp? Did I not warn you that if you so much as violated my borders I would kill you?" The tension in the air was thick enough to be cut with a knife as Natalie spoke, a disturbed smile forming upon Alexius' face as she pulled a set of dual daggers out, obviously this was going to get ugly and she did not plan on just... giving up in defeat. "Why, I do believe I remember you saying that... but let me say this. I am Queen, you are not, and I'll prove to you why I should hold that title you mutt!" Alexius sprung forwards towards Natalie, starting the battle against family... pitting friend against friend, sister against sister.

The sounds of screams and cries would fill the jungle on this day as the two tribes that were once one fought for dominance. Natalie's eyes were scanning the battle field, which was once her camp as she watched foe ( former friends ) die, and watched her own tribal members die. It was... disturbing, but unfortunately, no matter how hard she wanted to stop it, Alexius had no intention of letting up, or letting her attention drop... not even for one second. She came at her, daggers in a flurry as Natalie's escrima's came up, the metal digging groves into the wooden escrima's... this was not good Natalie thought, for she knew much more of that, they would break. Alexius jumped towards her, Natalie moving off to the side with a skillful grace as Amia, Alexius' trusted friend came at her, Natalie reacting quickly with her escrima's in hand as she knelt down, sweeping Amia's feet out from under her, while lifting upwards... bringing the escrima's over and then down directly into Amia's back, a loud scream heard as she passed out onto the ground. Natalie did not plan on spilling innocent blood if she could help it.

A sharp pain caught Natalie's arm as she reached over with her opposite, wiping blood off it... seeing the dagger that was thrown at her, but missed and stuck into the wall. Alexius was right on top of her as Natalie knew she would not let up and so with precision and skill as Alexius closed in Natalie jumped up, grabbing onto Alexius' head and she slammed it into her knee. As Alexius was temporarily stunned she came up with her right fist and came under Alexius' chin, popping her head upwards as Natalie came in with her right hand, latched onto Alexius' throat, grabbed and crushed it and wrenched the traitor downwards into the dirt. It was over, and Natalie knew that as soon as she saw the limp body of Alexius on the ground, but in her last breaths, Alexius managed to gurgle out a few words. "I was stupid... to underestimate you. I was... mad at Mira, and you. I worked so hard... and now I-...I-...". Natalie turned her head as Alexius finally went silent... but then she looked around at the remaining women who were still engaged in fighting, and she looked on the ground at the dead, and as she did she let out a loud and deep scream to grab the attention of all those around her, which to the effect it did.

"Is this what we have been reduced to my sisters? Killing one another like animals to the slaughter? We are better than this! Mira would not have wanted this! I DID not want this... I did not want this. We are family, and in times of hardship we stand together, not divide. There will be no more bloodshed today, for I the Queen of this Tribe state it be so... and because Alexius, your... 'clan leader' is dead, you all must forfiet and rejoin our clan." All warriors at this point, no matter what side they had been on, bowed and saluted to Natalie in that moment for she had shown why Mira had appointed her as Queen. She was strong, cunning and powerful... but she was also a 'kind' hearted leader who kept a calm and detached view of all things during even the hardest of times. There would be no more division Natalie thought, no more fighting. For now they would gather their dead and honour thier memories... for even though they were enemies at one point, they would forever be family.

~~ Later that Night ~~

Emilia would enter in Natalie's tent, and would see her friend... her Queen gazing out at the moon, just through the tree's. She knew that today had taken a great toll on her, and wanted to comfort her, but could not find the words to speak to her. "Natalie... I-..." Natalie stopped her mid-sentence as she looked at her, no emotion shown in her face as she walked over to her bed, and leaned against it, speaking to Emilia. "I know what your trying to do... and I do not feel in the mood for comforting. We lost... nine sisters today. Nine. I am angry, for not having been able to stop this." Emilia listened to her, gaze softening as she walked over and embraced her sister in a hug and sighed. "I believe Mira would say that no matter the outcome, the decisions you've made today show why you were chosen Natalie. You could have had us execute the ones that sided with Alexius, instead you spared them. Our clan may be smaller, but I know now more than ever, we are one with each other." Natalie forced a smile on her face as she listened to Em. She was right, and she knew it, but it still did not make things any easier as she laid on her back and looked up towards the ceiling of the tent. All she wanted was for things to have been different, but she knew that tommorrow would be another day and so she closed her eyes and fell asleep... feeling the presence of Emilia by her all the night.
User avatar

Posts: 6

Affiliation: The Thyferra Amazon Tribe

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:27 pm

Re: Open Terrain

It was the middle of the night and Natalie awoke from her slumber screaming, but it would fall on deaf ears as no sound came from her mouth as she looked around, sweat glistening on her bare body. Her hands came up as she quickly ran them through her hair, getting it unstuck from her face. This was the second week in a row that she had the 'waking' dreams, and they were not getting any better. It was always the same thing... but what did it mean? It was a frustrating thing, but she knew what could solve her problem, but she was afraid to be honest. Mira, had taught her about 'vision quests', which allowed the user of the quest to look in at their own mind, their... consciousness and find out the problem, but the lingering question was what would she face?

She stood up, joints cracking slightly as she walked over and peered out of her tent. Torch light seen throughout the camp as she dressed herself in her usual outfit and left her tent, walking down towards the training arena. She entered the grounds, the gaurd on duty at the time saluting to her as she walked towards the middle and looked at the set of poles that stood out of the ground. She jumped on one, allowing herself just a few seconds to gain her balance as she jumped to the next one, and then the one after that... continually doing so until she was a good thirty or so feet off of the ground. Her vision doubled slightly at the moment as she reached the top, adrenanline rushing through her body as she near lost her balance but regained it, letting out a loud shout as she began to jump pole to pole, above the ground preforming a feat of unarmed moves. This was pure childsplay to Natalie as Mira had tested Natalie and pushed her body beyond her own limits and then some. That was what it meant to be Amazon, to endure. While Natalie praticed, Emilia at that moment would walk up, a smirk on her face as she yelled out and up towards her queen, and beloved friend. "Do you ever stop Natalie and just relax once in a while like a normal person?... Wait! Why am I even asking when I already know the question! Get down here, I have something important to talk with you about." Emilia had a... demanding tone today Natalie thought, her eyes closing slightly as she stopped, jumped off towards the side, and grabbing onto a hanging rope as she gracefully slid down and planted onto the ground.

"You rang... master?" Natalie sneered out slightly, not meaning it to sound as rude as she had made it, but she assumed that Emilia would get the joke behind it, but Emilia, usually perky, stood there with the concerned look she had come with. Natalie spoke once more, now slightly concerned herself. "Em, what's the matter? Tell me." Emilia looked at Natalie, tears brimming slightly in her eyes as she spoke. "I know that I shouldn't have gone behind your back, but I had too. Last week I saw you go to Sarai, after you left I asked her what was wrong. She told me you were thinking of going on a Vision Quest. I know you Natalie, you'd never do one unless something was seriously bothering you. Is it Mira? Her death?... Alexius? You can tell me..."

Natalie looked at Emilia, annoyance now replacing her expression where concern had just been. "You had NO right to go behind my back and ask Sarai about MY private business. Damn you Sarai..." Natalie spit out as she paced back and forth now in front of Emilia. She knew that it was now just between the three of them, and there was now no getting past it as she stared to Emila, her Intense hazel eyes staring into Emilia's own. "I've been doing some thinking.
User avatar

Posts: 6

Affiliation: The Thyferra Amazon Tribe

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:09 pm

Re: Open Terrain

OOC: Please forgive the double post. This, is the correct one.

Natalie wrote:It was the middle of the night and Natalie awoke from her slumber screaming, but it would fall on deaf ears as no sound came from her mouth as she looked around, sweat glistening on her bare body. Her hands came up as she quickly ran them through her hair, getting it unstuck from her face. This was the second week in a row that she had the 'waking' dreams, and they were not getting any better. It was always the same thing... but what did it mean? It was a frustrating thing, but she knew what could solve her problem, but she was afraid to be honest. Mira, had taught her about 'vision quests', which allowed the user of the quest to look in at their own mind, their... consciousness and find out the problem, but the lingering question was what would she face?

She stood up, joints cracking slightly as she walked over and peered out of her tent. Torch light seen throughout the camp as she dressed herself in her usual outfit and left her tent, walking down towards the training arena. She entered the grounds, the gaurd on duty at the time saluting to her as she walked towards the middle and looked at the set of poles that stood out of the ground. She jumped on one, allowing herself just a few seconds to gain her balance as she jumped to the next one, and then the one after that... continually doing so until she was a good thirty or so feet off of the ground. Her vision doubled slightly at the moment as she reached the top, adrenanline rushing through her body as she near lost her balance but regained it, letting out a loud shout as she began to jump pole to pole, above the ground preforming a feat of unarmed moves. This was pure childsplay to Natalie as Mira had tested Natalie and pushed her body beyond her own limits and then some. That was what it meant to be Amazon, to endure. While Natalie praticed, Emilia at that moment would walk up, a smirk on her face as she yelled out and up towards her queen, and beloved friend. "Do you ever stop Natalie and just relax once in a while like a normal person?... Wait! Why am I even asking when I already know the question! Get down here, I have something important to talk with you about." Emilia had a... demanding tone today Natalie thought, her eyes closing slightly as she stopped, jumped off towards the side, and grabbing onto a hanging rope as she gracefully slid down and planted onto the ground.

"You rang... master?" Natalie sneered out slightly, not meaning it to sound as rude as she had made it, but she assumed that Emilia would get the joke behind it, but Emilia, usually perky, stood there with the concerned look she had come with. Natalie spoke once more, now slightly concerned herself. "Em, what's the matter? Tell me." Emilia looked at Natalie, tears brimming slightly in her eyes as she spoke. "I know that I shouldn't have gone behind your back, but I had too. Last week I saw you go to Sarai, after you left I asked her what was wrong. She told me you were thinking of going on a Vision Quest. I know you Natalie, you'd never do one unless something was seriously bothering you. Is it Mira? Her death?... Alexius? You can tell me..."

Natalie looked at Emilia, annoyance now replacing her expression where concern had just been. "You had NO right to go behind my back and ask Sarai about MY private business. Damn you Sarai..." Natalie spit out as she paced back and forth now in front of Emilia. She knew that it was now just between the three of them, and there was now no getting past it as she stared to Emila, her Intense hazel eyes staring into Emilia's own. "I've been doing some thinking... With Mira's death, and everything that has happened, I need time Em. I just need time. She threw me into this position, and look what's happened! Weve lost over half the tribe, it wasn't meant to be like this!" Confusion, and anger both showed in Natalie's face which, even Emilia knew that Natalie normally had a hard time showing emotion, and with that she knew that she was in turmiol even if her calm and collected exterior did not show it. Emilia spoke, her hand going to her shoulder. "You know I'll support you in whatever, you do Natalie." Natalie looked to her, shaking her head as she began to walk off, letting out a slight and whispered 'thanks' in the wind. She needed to confront this once and for all.

~~ Inside the Tribunal Cave ~~

Natalie sat in front of a stone slab, one that was often used for sacrificing animals. Sarai, the medicine woman of the tribe stood in the cave with Natalie, herbs and other plants in her hands as she sat and built a fire, sticking certain ones on at different times. Natalie slowly inhaled and exhaled, taking the smoke in from the flames, it was time... she would have an answer one way or another. This she was certain above all things. Her vision began to blurr out.

    Natalie stood on a battle field, blood on her hands as she peered down and saw the lifeless body of Alexius in her hands, and all around her were the bodies of her former sisters, who too were dead. Alexius spoke, Natalie unable to form words due to the shock of the vision, as well as the severe combination and reaction to the smoke ( which were hallucinogens, and helped to 'aide' the Vision Quest ). "Do not feel guilty for us, for there could have been no other way than for things to have ended as they have had. The question you must ask yourself is are you ready to make even more decisions as you had to make with me? Mira was great... this is no contest, but remember, she picked you and with each Queen new challenges are presented.". The image of Alexius faded away violently as Natalie saw herself as a child, Mira combing her hair and braiding it, but both were staring at the older Natalie. "Do not doubt yourself, embrace what I have given you! You were born to be a Queen!" It was too much to bear, tears streaming down Natalie's face as she near screamed at Mira. "You left me, when I needed you the most. I do not know what to do anymore, I didn't want this life!" Mira gazed upon the older Natalie, as she looked down and gently smiled looking at the young Natalie. "You may not have wanted it, but things choose you, not the other way around. One day, you'll accept your true path, your true self... but until that day you will always be lost. That I predict my little princess." Natalie ran towards Mira as the vision began to fade out, but as quickly as it all came, it faded.

Natalie gasped as Sarai pulled her head out of a pale of water, Sarai cackling at Natalie... checking her up and down. "I'll tell you something, I figured you were gone! Not even a few seconds into the ritual my Queen you began to convulse... did the spirits tell you what you needed to hear?" Natalie did not speak as she listened to Sarai describe the events of the Vision Quest... for the spirits had indeed shown her what she needed to know, but it was not the answer she wanted, or needed to hear.

It would be hours until Natalie would see Emilia, and as she watched Emilia make her approach up and to her tent, Natalie still could not bear to give her the answer that her heart wanted to give her. She needed to leave for a while, she needed to explore and leave the tribe, for there was unfinished business in her past that held her there, and would not allow her to move forwards. As Emilia entered in the tent, looked down and saw Natalie's bag, she burst into tears and ran, wrapping Natalie into a hug. There were no words spoken between the two, because it was known. Emilia would watch over the tribe in Natalie's absence and that would be that. She broke Emilia's hug, knowing it was hard enough for the two to say goodbye for now, she grabbed her bag and left out her tent, taking off in a sprint. She ran through camp, running past the isle of gathered warriors who already knew their Queen would be leaving them for a while. She broke free past the campline, her heart pounding, not because she had been out of breath but because of the pain that swelled within her chest and the typically emotionless Natalie, allowed a sob that broke free of her lips, and she began her journey in finding herself.
Previous

Return to Thyferra's Terrain



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB
Time : 0.903s | 21 Queries | GZIP : Off