Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Dear Aggy

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Dear Aggy

I found this while going through old text files and I thought the members of this site might like to see it. Dated Nov. 5, 2007, these were a few of the lofty and unfeasible ideas I had for Universe 2.0.

[quote:2wc243zv]character progression:

stage 1: (non-citizen) choose your name and gender. you enter the universe through a map of the entire galaxy. non-citizens may move about the galaxy freely.

to reach next stage: must visit a certain number of planets, earn a certain amount of credits, forge a certain number of relationships.

stage 2: (non-citizen) upload profile picture. pick a job type. pick species. give your age. ability to write character description. begin developing skills. you enter the universe from a map of the entire galaxy. non-citizens can move about the galaxy freely.

to reach next stage: earn more credits, forge more relationships, and level up in one skill set.

stage 3: (citizen) pick planet of residency. choose primary, secondary, and tertiary organization affiliation. as a citizen your organization affiliations would determine the control of your planet of residency. your primary affiliation would count as a vote of 1 X STATUS POINTS for that organization on that planet. your secondary affiliation would count as a vote of .75 X STATUS POINTS. and your tertiary affiliation would be .5 X STATUS POINTS. you can choose to join as many organizations as you want but unless they are in your top 3 you will not be eligible for a leadership position in that organization and your membership will not count as a planetary vote for that organization.

a simplified example of voting: a planet is claimed as the residence of 1 individual whose 1st affiliation is jedi and 2nd affiliation is the incom corporation his status is 100, also claiming residency on the planet are 2 individuals both with 1st affiliation sith 2nd affiliation incom and both with 100 status the vote would be 100 (1x100) for jedi, 200 (2x100) for sith, and 225 (3x75) for incom, incom would be the ruling organization of that planet eventhough it is not the primary affiliation of any of the residents.

at this stage you default enter the galaxy from your last location. you may buy a means of transport to other planets or if you can't afford that there will be some mode of intergalactic public trasportation between the most populated planet in a regions and from that planet you can arrange further transport to any of the lesser populated planets within that region with an individual or company for a charge.

the stages after level three will be attained through your status points, which will be based in some way on your property, rank within organizations, number of relationships, skill levels, and similar factors.

other abilities will come with higher stages, such as creating locations on a planet, colonizing new planets, forming your own organization, etc. [/quote:2wc243zv]

If you guys are interested, I'll post more stuff from the early days of JvS.

Guild Councilor
Guild Councilor

Donations: $10+

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Re: Dear Aggy

I like it, keep postin aggy.

Donations: $1+

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:13 pm

[quote="Whill High Shaman Agrajag":12yjwsfh]Dated Nov. 5, 2007, these were a few of the lofty and unfeasible ideas I had for Universe 2.0.[/quote:12yjwsfh]

Furas was going to implement some similar stuff into the JvS app about a little less than a year ago, but then we stopped hearing from him. Any word on any of that?

And dude, that's not unfeasible. Just ask around. I'm sure you'll find plenty enough people both here and on the app that can do some coding, and who would be willing to help.

:D

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:22 pm

[quote="Whill High Shaman Agrajag":142qnoc9]I found this while going through old text files and I thought the members of this site might like to see it. Dated Nov. 5, 2007, these were a few of the lofty and unfeasible ideas I had for Universe 2.0.

[quote:142qnoc9]at this stage you default enter the galaxy from your last location. you may buy a means of transport to other planets or if you can't afford that there will be some mode of intergalactic public trasportation between the most populated planet in a regions and from that planet you can arrange further transport to any of the lesser populated planets within that region with an individual or company for a charge.

the stages after level three will be attained through your status points, which will be based in some way on your property, rank within organizations, number of relationships, skill levels, and similar factors.

other abilities will come with higher stages, such [color=#FFFF00:142qnoc9]as creating locations on a planet[/color:142qnoc9],[color=#00FFFF:142qnoc9] colonizing new planets[/color:142qnoc9], forming your own organization, etc. [/quote:142qnoc9]

If you guys are interested, I'll post more stuff from the early days of JvS.[/quote:142qnoc9]

now that i would like to see (too bad it would never work out well). keep up the posts, aggy.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:35 pm

The last I talked with Furas, he told me he was planning on putting Universe 2.0 on the JvS app on FB, and implementing it there. He said that Universe 1.5 would continue to run here as it always has since it started. So in that sense, it would work out perfectly.

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:38 pm

Yeah, I realize they wouldn't have been technically unfeasible, just unfeasible in the sense that we were trying to move things along and get this launched ASAP. Also we were looking for a smooth transition from the facebook app's universe, one of the major reasons for this site, besides increased moderation, was facebook's posting limitations were causing people's accounts to be suspended for over-posting. So the Universe 1.5 was meant to be more of a substitution for the old universe than a Universe 2.0 complete reinvention.

Furas, is super busy. Apparently his family insists on eating and having a roof over their heads. He still does stuff to maintain this site and the app, but this can't be his full-time job anymore. Although, I haven't talked to him about JvS recently, so I can't really speak to what his plans might be. Furas, care to comment?

My next installment as the Ghost of JvS Past is something a very select few of you have already seen. This was the facebook message we sent out to members of our Beta group when we were first developing the "Strength" section of the app, it's dated October 13, 2007.

[quote:3motozr9]Jedi vs. Sith is going to be testing the new "Strength" section and you are one of the users we have chosen to participate in the testing. We ask that during testing you refrain from discussing the new section with anyone except the developers of Jedi vs. Sith. Anyone caught discussing the new section before it is released will be removed from the testing group and will not be considered for future test groups or other special opportunities. While it is true that you have been chosen because we value your prior involvement in the application this does not serve as an endorsement by the developers of your superiority over our other users. When we are ready to begin testing, most likely sometime tomorrow or perhaps tonight, we will post a message to the index page (this is the page you are first taken to when you click the Jedi vs. Sith button from your application list or by clicking the link in your profile box) this message will only be viewable by those in the test group and will give you directions on how to access the section. The section will only be open to those we have chosen, anyone not within our testing group will not be allowed to access the section. So check the index page regularly for that message, if you do not see the message it is because we haven't posted it yet so please do not message us reporting that you don't see it. During testing there will be a forum for your feedback, please use this for any comments you may have, do not message us directly as we cannot guarantee we will read your message before the section has been released. It is important to keep this forum clear of any messages that are not comments meant for the developers, please keep from responding to other peoples comments, sending personal messages, etc.. Participation in the testing is not mandatory but bear in mind the more people we have testing this and the more feedback we get from you the better this section will be. Finally any points that you gain from using the strength section will be reset before we release the section on Monday to prevent people from having a headstart on our other users. Thank You for your support and get ready to fight!!![/quote:3motozr9]

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:51 am

Ah. That's totally understandable. I don't mean to pressure him or anything like that, I'm just curious about the status of things, that's all. :)

And keep on with the vintage JvS texts; these are cool! :D

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:19 am

We're coming up on nearly three years since 1.0 was shuttered. These were the "General Rules" for Universe 1.0.

[quote:1k0j677e]I. General rules.

1. We encourage users to resolve their conflicts in a respectful manner. If, however, you cannot reach an agreement you may post the particulars of your dispute in the "ISB Mediation" thread for the system in which the dispute is located. One of the moderators for that sytem will post their decision in the "ISB Mediation" thread followed by a post from at least one other moderator authenticating the decision. The system moderator's decision is final.

2. There is to be no OOC bullying, name calling, or harassment of any type. Failure to obey this rule can result in the suspension of your Jedi vs Sith account, the erasing of your accounts scores, and if deemed necessary reporting your account to Facebook.

3. Many of the people who use this application are minors, for that reason we ask that you be aware of the age appropriateness of your comments.

4. The setting for this RPG is the entire Extended Universe (EU), try to keep as close to canon as possible. If it is not canon, base it on EU science; if its not based on EU science, base it on canon. If it is neither, it is best to avoid it.

5. Impersonating or otherwise representing the actions of other players without their consent is forbidden. All posted actions done under such pretense are to be ignored.

6. Your character must be your own creation. Existing canon characters may be referred to indirectly but their identities may not be assumed by any player.

7. Facebook places certain limitations on discussion board posts. to avoid running afoul of their spambots you should limit the amount of links you post, try not to repeat the same posts over and over again, and if you feel your fingers cramping up you should immediately turn off the computer and go read a book or weather permitting go outside for a walk.[/quote:1k0j677e]

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:49 am

LOL @ the last one

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:05 pm

Damn, that takes me back to a simpler time.... :)

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:19 am

Hey I noticed that the whole star thing is kinda like generals, so.. that being said, where is the 5 star Administrator?

LOL.. What is a walk, who goes on those things these days?

Galactic Battle Arena Judge
Galactic Battle Arena Judge

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:48 pm

*Wonders if there will be any more cool things showing up?*

Return to Non-Star Wars