Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

What if you did a Star Wars story?

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Wed May 09, 2012 9:08 am

Re: What if you did a Star Wars story?

Not so much an story idea I'm proposing here, but just some ideas I have concerning Coruscant on it's landscape if I were to do a story after the events of the Legacy comics, just in case if certain events of the story took place there.

Honestly, I would like for Coruscant and other planets in the Core systems, as well as perhaps the Deep Core and Colonies, to form their own government separate from the Galactic Federation, but still be a part of it as one of the many governments that have representation within it. And of course, they'd let the Galactic Federation use Coruscant as it's main headquarters as well. Only exception would be Corellia and it's planets, as I'd like there to possibly be still a Corellian Confederation.

More or less, Coruscant and it's planets would call themselves the Galactic Republic like how it used to be, and have it's headquarters be based on a new Palace of the Republic. It being the place where it's head chancellor lives and makes legislation along with the senators who work in there. The Fel Empire would also still have presence on the planet, and would be given a palace right next to the Republic's, which would look similar to the point of looking like twins. Twin palaces or towers, as if doing a nod to the Twin Towers in New York I suppose.

The Galactic Federation would call it's home at where the Senate Rotunda is. Calling it the Galactic Federation Rotunda or GF Rotunda for short. It sort of like the UN building in New York, where governments across everywhere come together to make intergalactic laws for the galactic territories that have representation there.

The Jedi Temple would still be located where it is on Coruscant. Obviously renovated quite a bit in the aftermath of Darth Krayt's and his One Sith's occupation of it. Though I think some of it would remain as it is, as Jedi tend to be quite conservative in improving buildings I think. Getting rid of stuff that doesn't suit them and leaving whatever isn't harmful. Don't think they'd place the Transparisteel covering over the temple again and at least the fires that surrounded the temple would be gotten rid of.

Unity Green Park would perhaps become bigger and become a more important part of Coruscant.

Last but not least, I do think the Galactic Federation and/or Republic would want to give something to the Jedi as a thanks for defeating the One Sith and retaking Coruscant. If it were up to me, I'd have a large statue erected similar to the Statue of Liberty in real life in New York on Corsucant. Probably on an artificial island in it's western sea and the statue would be that of a Jedi woman holding a lightsaber up like a torch. I'd probably lean to it being of Nomi Sunrider as I think it would be nice for her to also be holding her baby in one of her arms. Nomi or whoever the Jedi lady is wearing Jedi Robes and the lightsaber in the air lighting the island in nighttime. Probably call it the Galactic Statue of Independence.

So yeah, sounds like I'd sort of try to make Coruscant be symbolic of Manhattan or something. Palace of the Republc and Fel Palace = Twin Towers. Unity Green = Central Park. Jedi Temple = Cathedral of Saint John the Devine. Galactic Federation Rotunda = UN Building. Galactic Statue = Statue of Liberty. LOL

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Mon May 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: What if you did a Star Wars story?

We are doing a Star Wars Story. Mine is called 'Galdaart Fel.' And if you go back to post #1 and read consecutively, I must say, I'm pretty pleased with how it's turning out.

-GF
Previous

Return to Star Wars