Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Open Terrain

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:22 am

Re: Open Terrain

The temple and set will always be there. You go and do what you need to my vod.

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:15 pm

*Lone Wolf bows.*

Thanks again Dacon, ready to head back so I can get my ship?

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Yeah just need to take the girl we tied up over there.
*Dacon does and picks up the woman and then walks into his ship.*

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:09 pm

*Lone Wolf gets on his comlink.*

:: R2, bring the ship over here. ::

*The E-Wing that R2-D4 is docked on, flies over near where Lone Wolf and Dacon were and lands in front of him. He then flips onto the ship, has the doors closed and then prepares the ship for take off. The ship slowly rises and blasts off into the sky.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:34 pm

*The YT-2000 takes off for orbit.*

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:13 am

The Merry Miner soared over the Anobis city of Safaeyet, making its way to a village fifty kilometers north of the capitol city. Ander circled over the village several times, waiting for Mai to pick out a location for them to land.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:21 am

Mai leant forward, sweeping her feet from the console and resting her arms on it instead. After the second loop around, she spotted the dusty landing port, of sorts. She pointed it out to Ander, letting him control the descent. A figure ran out as the pads touched the ground looping securing wires to them. Mai's eyes opened in suprise.

Wow... didn't look like anyone was here!

The engines of the freighter powered down, and Mai moved from the cockpit to the loading ramp. As it opened, she was met with a young engineer, waving eagerly at her.

Hey! Don't get many visitors here! He called over the sound of the engines winding down What'cha doin' here?

I've come... The words stuck in her throat. It had been so long since she was last here, and remembered the day she had left more vividly now than ever.

I've come to visit my home.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:23 am

*The shuttle passed through the atmosphere with a small bump but other than that, the trip from space to the surface seemed to go without a hitch. The clouds on the other side of the glass looked like faces; faces that Naenia refused to see as the demons that plagued her sleep. The sun shone brightly above her, casting her shadow across the landscape that moved ever closer. She sat back and closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth of the sun on her face. It had been too long since she├óÔé¼Ôäód felt that and it showed.

The computer beeped after a few moments of peace, alerting her to the fact that the shuttle now required manual controlling. She sighed and took control of the ship. She felt the ground beneath the ship groan under protest of the added weight as soon as she landed. Happy with things, the Jedi powered the ship down and exited with her bag slung over her shoulder.*

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:26 am

Ander began cutting the ship's systems into standby mode, not outrightly suspicious of the seemingly deserted town, but more so out of habit. He looked over to Mai to let her know she could opened the landing ramp, but found her already missing. He furrowed his brow, cut the rest of the systems, and unhooked his harness, heading for the starboard side of the ship, where the landing ramp was located. He found Mai standing just outside, with a young Human male engineer, a cheerful looking kid.
Ander stepped down the ramp, looking up to the sky as another vessel soared overhead, but payed it no mind. It was likely nothing more than a local ship from Safaeyet.
He slid a hand around Mai's waist as she looked out across the village. A pensive look had marked her face; Ander shook her gently.
"You alright, M'ika?" He asked, knowing the question was likely more complicated than a simple "Yes" or "No."

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:37 am

The young engineer gave a look of suprise Home? Funny, thats what the other dude said last week... With that he hurried off.

Mai's suprise abaited, and she smiled gently as she felt Ander's hand wrap around her. She looked out over the village.

I don't know. I would have thought I would feel something for being here...

She frowned gently, then looked back at the young kid.

Sorry, I don't know if you would know... Is the Owani household still here?

The young lad nodded eagerly

Sure miss! Middle of the village, turn left at the mine entrance, first on -

First on the right... She finished, with a nod back from the lad. With a smile and a thanks, she turned to Ander.

Want to see my home?

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:49 am

Ander smiled gently and nodded, "I'm thinking we're going to need ideas if we end up making a home ourself." He winked, then patted Mai's side with the hand on her waist. "C'mon, let's get going, see if the place really is still standing." It was nice seeing Mai's home world, her actual home world. He'd never gotten to know her better than when she'd tracked him down on Mandalore, and in all the weeks since, the pair had grown closer. He was made slightly uncomfortable by the implications of visiting Mai's home, but he supposed every relationship took such a step, and as a veteran of half a dozen wars, Ander figured he was brave enough to face it.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:06 am

Mai nodded, and looped her arm around Ander's back. Together they walked into the village.

It was more alive than first thought, a woman sorting laundry in one yard, children playing in another, a small merchant selling bread and fruit. It wasn't a large place, nor was it wealthy, but every person had a part to play within its community. The center of the town was taken over by a large unit, which housed a liftshaft capable of transporting up to 20 people at a time. Around it were a series of dusty streets moving away in a starlike pattern. Taking the left hand street, she stopped.

There in front of them was a simple house, much like the others around them. A small yard, still with flowers and plants growing there. It looked well kept, as though someone was living there.

Can it be?? An old voice croaked behind them. Turning, they met an old man with white wild hair, and a beard ridiculously long for his face. Little Miss Owani?

Yes... she smiled but my apologies, I don't know -

I was your school master. The one who contacted a certain academy for you.

Mai looked at Ander. It was funny how small a world became when you linked the chains together. Here they stood, Mai, her school master, and Ander. Each having contact with the other in many different times.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:19 am

Ander pulled his hand from Mai's waist as they walked into town, taking her hand instead. Things Mai saw were much different from those Ander noticed. Where Mai saw a vertical lift buried into the ground at the center of town, Ander saw a horrible place to attempt landing troops. Where she saw roads, he was seeing avenues of approach for enemy armor forces such as walkers and tanks. Rooftops became firing positions, and potholes in the dirt ground became locations for anti-armor explosives.
He tried shaking the thoughts from his head, Coruscant was a much different planet than Anobis. Ander had fought in myriad different conflicts, but worlds like Coruscant rarely suffered at all. It was small backwater worlds, trading metropolises linked to hyperspace routes, and planets with focuses of industrial or economic power that suffered. Average citizens that lived in villages just like these, everyday people were always the ones to suffer the most. And it was these people that the Jedi Order had always failed to protect and serve, instead sitting with the fat cats in political beacons such as Coruscant.
He shook his head lightly as they walked through town, taking a left road that forked away from the village center. After a short distance, Ander felt Mai's hand tug against his as she stopped walking. She had stopped in front of a small, weather beaten home, a simple structure, but well kept. A man with a long beard and wrinkled skin approached them, his eyes wide in surprise. He claimed to have been Mai's school master, and had been the one who'd contacted the Yavin Praxeum about Mai's transfer there.
He narrowed his eyes, Ander hadn't dealt with Mai's transfer directly, he had still been a student training under Luke Skywalker on Yavin 4 when Mai had arrived there. About twenty years had passed since then, and both of their lives had taken drastic paths all over the galaxy in the time since.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:56 am

Mai looked back at the older man.

You were also the one who helped with the link before my father's death She remembered I remember your voice.

The man nodded sadly. That I was, young one. He spoke of you often after that, the whole town heard about his little Jedi. Mai's cheeks tinged with embarrasment. The old man gestured to the house.Its just the same as he left it. He left the place for Haydon, but when he returned to it, he refused to take it.

The healer looked at the house. A vague memory jolted in the back of her head, letting her remember playing outside in the yard. The old man watched them.

Go in, if you like.

Mai nodded, squeezing Ander's hand gently. Inside the house was a simple setup, chairs, tables, pictures on the wall. She went over to one of them, then laughed. There was Haydon and Mai, aged 8 and 3, pulling faces at each other, Another with Haydon's arm draped over Mai's shoulder, feeding her an icestick. Her smile faded. How could they have drifted so far apart...

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:02 am

Ander followed Mai into the house. It was odd, first they had visited his father's homestead together on Mandalore, finding a holocron left by his mother, and now they were investigating her own family home. He looked around, observing the relatively undisturbed state of the place.
But the homestead wasn't my family home. It was meant to be, but I hadn't stepped foot in the place in my life. This is where Mai grew up├óÔé¼┬ª
His train of thought faded away as he followed Mai throughout the home. She stopped to observe pieces of furniture, check rooms and cabinets, but mostly spent her time in thought, her head undoubtedly filling with old memories.
Ander's first memory was of the docking bay inside a Rebel cruiser, what kind he couldn't remember. His father had carried him from a small freighter into the bay of the vessel, handing him happily over to his mother, before the trio made their way deeper into the ship. The memory ended with a door Ander assumed had led to their living quarters.
He shook it away, he was here to support Mai, as uncomfortable as the place was making him feel at the moment. There was a sense of permanence in the place, and permanence made Ander feel mentally queasy, as if he lacked any control of the future. He kept his thoughts on Mai, ready to provide her with anything she needed of him.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:13 am

Mai reached a door, futher in the house. Her hand hovered over the handle, her head pushed against the wood of the door. She closed her eyes a moment, her other hand gently running down a panel following the lines in the wood, knowing what lay behind the door. Slowly she opened it.

Inside was her fathers room, still layed out and kept well so time couldn't damage it. The faint smell of flowers from outside drifted in. She crossed to the bed, sinking slowly onto it with her eyes glued to two pictures. One of her mother and father, much younger than she ever knew him, the other of Mai and Haydon, both laughing, both with identical cheeky grins. Underneath her face on the image, were three words.

~My little jedi~

Mai gave a hollow chuckle, but she couldn't help but smile. She looked up at Ander.

I had nothing to gain by coming here, yet somehow... Somehow I feel something's at an end.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:21 am

Ander followed Mai to the door, watched her settle down on the bed. He stayed at the door way, too nervous for the moment to follow. He felt this would be monumental for Mai, and worried it might end up being monumental for them as a couple. As always, that concreteness worried him, he feared being able to handle it properly. Giving advice to a student was far different and far less objective than giving advice to someone you'd made love to, someone you were in a willing relationship with. He tried to focus on Luke's advice to him while Mai pointed out the pictures before her.
He leaned on the door jamb, his arms crossed over his chest. He nodded toward the pictures, then looked around the room as a whole.

"Coming here with your father gone is a moment of finality. It's the last irrevocable proof that he's never coming back. That's what makes it significant."
He nodded again toward the pictures. "Your memories of him will never go away, just his presence in your life. Maintain them as best you can. You're lucky to have had the time with him you did."

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:28 am

Mai smiled up at Ander, yet her eyes seemed not to completely see him. Her thoughts tumbled in her head, yet she felt almost nothing. After a moment, she gave a sigh, gathered the pictures, and stood up.

I need a drink she said, slightly harder than she intended. Lets go to Safaeyet, I'm sure theres a decent enough alehouse there.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:42 am

Ander grabbed Mai's arm as she moved to pass him in the doorway. He turned her gently, pushing her up against the door jamb, looking down at her intently, his eyes raking her features.
"You alright?" He asked, perhaps a little forcefully. Being consoled is one thing, but consoling someone else├óÔé¼┬ªit can be different. When Ander was the one feeling terrible, feeling terrible is all he has to do, and since it's a genuine feeling, it's not like there's any work involved in producing it. But consoling someone├óÔé¼┬ªknowing what they need and how to provide it, that can be an insurmountable task. He cupped her chin in his hand, bringing her eyes up toward his. He bored into them with his own gaze, noticing that some of the brightness had dimmed in them.
"What are you feeling, right now, M'ika? Come on, share with me."

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:51 am

Mai gasped as Ander stopped her, but she looked up at him as his hand raised her head. His eyes looked into hers, analysing her, no doubt in the same way that she had analysed others over time.

I don't know she replied quietly, and honestly. I don't feel anything, I feel I should feel something, but I don't.

She chuckled hollowly.

I spend my life telling people to talk out their problems, to deal with their griefs, yet here I am, not able to do either. Who heals a Healer?
PreviousNext

Return to Anobis' Terrain