Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Open Orbit

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Thu May 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: Open Orbit

*A pair of silvery Nubian starfighters stood out against the Sun as they crossed the day side of the planet, conducting reconn for the Royal Naboo Security Forces. The volunteer defenders of the planet fed their scanner data to a central processing station at the Galactic Coalition military headquarters in Theed City. Passing starships were tagged, identified from the master database, and then tracked to ensure that no significant deviations in flight plan occurred.*

*The busy planet required an enormous amount of air traffic collaboration and automation. In accordance with Galactic Republic protocol and Naboo tradition, the planet was open and welcoming to all comers who obeyed local laws, and this seemed to have made Naboo a favored vacation destination. This in turn meant even more work for the security volunteers. It could have been a crushing cycle, where it not for the skillful management provided by the Royal Naboo Security Forces leadership.*

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Donations: $10+

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:18 am

*My hands never forgot where they belonged, they were always so quick to grace the reigns of this beast. Galloping through the black of night, the stars on my back, my legs were strong and taught, pushing down on the stirrups to remind her that I was the rider, she was the ridden. There was no shame in it, I thought, that she carried me through trials and tribulations alike - there was no rest for my kind. As we galloped together, in harmony, from planet to planet, I couldn't help but take in the steam of my breath as it flashed against the screen, recapitulating just exactly what I was doing. Celestial bodies and star dust both found themselves in awe of my image, of her image, as we guided them like sheep that chose to mosey when they should have ran. In the corner of my eye, out of the serenity of that blue cave we found slumber in, a bauble formed in the darkness of the night that escaped it and presented itself like a maiden at that bar we might have passed if we ever stopped, ever quit.*

*Space debris flung itself by my sight, like a tumbleweed in an abandoned town on the outskirts of some bigger city slicker nation. I, instinctively, pulled the gun from the holster on my hip, a gunslinger in a new age, a trained habit that had been fortified to perfection. My eyes linger down the barrel, appreciating the craft of her creation, the only friend I had and the only woman who always came back. I named her Betsy and she could whistle like none other and smoke any man under the table. When the darkness came and when desperation was the meal of the day, she was always there to reminisce on old times passed, like that man we shot down for speaking false words. Or perhaps that was something for the future, a dream of mine and hope for her. She was always so willing to sing me her tune.*

*My lips, complemented by the growth of men who never stopped, turned in the fashion of a smirk as blue smoke exhaled from my nostrils. Sometimes a man needed to find comfort and warmth and in the cold of night, when you're alone, you'll just about do anything to reach it. That feel of home.*

*My saddle had no horn, no pommel, but nature called me to attempt a grab before pulling on the reigns to face him. The shadow that always loomed behind me on a setting sun, it's influence and touch far greater than my own. The cigarra rested, in a limp manner, nestled between my cold lips, as I reassured the doppleganger and reminded him of our intent. Sometimes a man needed to be reminded of these things.*

"Sir, we are bouncing, as it were. We'll be on our way shortly, just need to turn her around."

*That hit the spot, the sun finally set and he was gone again, the day was over. Sometimes the truth was hard and sometimes, when we hit the dirt after a long haul, hard was only way you could fall. I pulled on the reigns and the leather shifted beneath me. She was eager for a break, I could feel it and her blow and nicker was enough to reassure my doubts. But the night was just as long as the day and the cave was so inviting. I kicked, the motion brought a neigh to my ear, as we entered it once again, leaving Naboo as soon as we got there. I never even got to say hello, the jangle of my silver spurs would not even grace the comms of this place. I said hello with a glance and goodbye with a turn of my shoulder.*

Donations: $10+

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:42 pm

A 9000 bulk class-large public transport vessel exited hyperspace in a lane near to Naboo's outer orbit. Scanners identified the vessel as the Running Dewback, hailing from Coruscant. The ships VIN came up as 37Dx4478DS- a valid registration; the transport was meant to arrive three days before, however logs revealed that the ship had to make an emergency landing on Rishi to undergo repairs.

Naboo authorities hailed the ship, asking it routine questions; Naboo was not the ship's final destination, though there were several hundred passengers and some cargo that intended to disembark on Naboo. Due to the size of the ship, Passengers and cargo had to be cleared prior to boarding, allowing for the ship to drop its load and continue without being hindered by customs and immigration.

After scans cleared the ship for entry, Naboo security allowed the ship to continue on its course to Theed. The men never knew the true intention of the ship and its cargo, nor did they know that they would be held responsible for the deaths and chaos that followed the ship onto the planet of Naboo.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:45 am

*The small frigate dropped out of hyperspace a respectable distance from the planet and made it's slow approach toward the planet. The pilot of the ship shifted in his seat and reached up and over and flipped a switch which began the open transmission to the planet's security.*

:: This is John Hamil of the freighter Halo III. I am carrying no cargo and have only one other aboard. We are seeking permission to land. Over. ::

*The pilot sat patiently in his cockpit, checking readings and assessing readouts of the condition of the planet which he had initiated upon approach. He motioned to his co-pilot behind him to begin plotting a hyperspace jump, just in case he detected anything abnormal planet side. The co-pilot, an older gentleman, was not sitting around in a suit of armor like John but was instead wearing a leather jacket over what appeared to be a red and white uniform, indicating that he was a medical officer as well as a co-pilot.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:56 am

*Quite suddenly, John signaled to his co-pilot to start the jump as soon as the calculations were complete.*

McCue: What's wrong Chief? I thought you were going to set up shop here.

would, McCue, but there is a distress signal coming from the planet. Some low-level citizen babbling about an attack on Theed.

Shouldn't we go down there and try to help? We can't just...

We will not get involved in another border dispute. Besides, the fires have been raging for a while it seems. There is nothing I can do to help here, all has been lost. Prepare to jump to hyperspace in 30 seconds.

What if the security force asks for our help, or what about the Queen? Certainly then...

Ty, enough. If we hear anything before we jump I'll hear them out. Otherwise they are on their own. We are two men, we can't fight a war for these people. Now prep the jump.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:43 pm

*Thirty seconds later, John signaled to McCue to make the jump as no response had come. McCue leaned forward and initiated the jump. The ship lurched forward and disappeared into the stars, leaving Naboo to its fate.*

Affiliation:

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:02 am

*A black and gray dynamic-class freighter exited hyperspace and made it's way toward Naboo. On board, Marak sat alone in one of the ship's dormitories meditating. He could feel the ship exit hyperspace and shortly after felt a dark presence.*

*Marak was confused. The presence of the Dark Side out here? It didn't take long for him to ascertain the source: Naboo. That puzzled him the most. From orbit he could not focus on the source without revealing himself, but he needed to know the cause of it. Naboo was his homeworld; the thought of it being tainted by the Dark Side did not comfort him in the slightest.*

*Marak got up from the dormitory and went to the cockpit. Twitch was in the pilot seat as usual while Killian took up the co-pilot seat. HK-50 stood by the galaxy map making sure the ship was on the right track.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:47 pm

*There was a brief pause, as the rather busy and rather tired space traffic controllers at RNSF headquarters sorted through the never-ending barrage of requests for landing and take-off clearances, information about spaceport amenities, re-assignment of landing pads, confirmation of restricted air spaces, and a dozen other menial tasks. But all of those small questions added up to one big whole: Keeping their dear Naboo safe. And so it was worth it.*

=RNSF Control=
:: Black Crow, this is the Royal Naboo Security Force. You are cleared for landing at the Theed City Spaceport, Landing Pad AE-94. :: *A young woman's voice finally answered, as cheerfully as she could, well into the seventh hour of her stim-caf fueled eight hour shift behind the operations board.*

Affiliation:

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:17 am

*Killian looked up at Marak.*

*Twitch was already planning for the decent as soon as the reply began. He didn't wait for the reply, he knew every planet that the Black Crow was registered on and which ones would not be fond of having the ship dock on their planet. Here in the mid-rim, however, it was just another old ship. Well, another really old ship.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:07 pm

=RNSF Control=
*Flotsam stared at his blank space traffic control board until he was cross-eyed, waiting for something to happen.* *He hated slow days. It was almost impossible to stay focused on the task at hand. Your eyes either bugged out, or your mind started hallucinating fleets of enemy warships that didn't exist. Or, even worse, you just slowly faded out entirely, into a numbing state of nothingness where you were wide aware and yet asleep.* *With a groan, he pinched himself, and stood up, crossing the room to refill his cup of stimcaf.* *The drug-laden drink was losing its effect on him after so many years, but he still drank it out of habit. It was something to do.*

Affiliation:

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:59 pm

*From the depths of space a NU-Class Attack Shuttle appeared in orbit. Rather than exiting near the equatoer of the planet, it had used micro-jumps to cenveniently place itself away from planetary traffic and in line with the North Pole of the planet. Agent Silver released his grip on the controls and pressed a single button that activated the automated pilot.* "Things seem pretty quiet out here." *Said Silver in a young voice, with high inflections. Through his visor he stared at the sensors and saw nothing but clear space, no targetting locks or bouncing waves of interference thjat would suggest they were being scrutinized.* "I'm putting her on auto-pilot, should be an easy enough descent."

*Silver spun the pilot's chair around and walked the few meters or so to the back cabin. Agent Gold and Agent Black were putting their armor on, which he, the noob had put on prematurely. The two older and experienced agents moved slowly and methodically as they sealed their armor plates and exchanged a few hushed words. Gold and Black were none too keen on bringing Silver on this mission, the previous Agent Silver had died in a training experiment and none were interested in seeing the spot refilled. The ship shuddered and Silver reached out instinctively and grabbed hold of a lock to support himself.* "We're almost down, probably just past through the atmosphere."

"You here that Gold, looks like we are in the presence of a genius or a jedi... Doesn't even have to look outside to know where we are." *Said Agent Black Sarcastically.*

*Frowning behind his helmet, Silver turned and stumbled back towards the cockpit. Gold watched his as he went then punched Black in his armored shoulder.* "Lay off him Black, he's new and you're just jealous that he took old Silver's armor and position..." *Said a stern female voice.

Black stumbled back and rose his arms in a surrendering position.*
"Hey take it easy there Gold, I'm just rousing him... But ou're right I am a little pissed off that we get this assignment and we get thrown a new recruit. I haven't even seen his training stats or anything... Have you?" *He asked accusingly.*

"No..." *Said Gold hesitantly, then continued on* "But not all of us went through the same training... He might be a direct appointment from High Command or specially requested by the Director. Any number of things could have happened."

"Only people who get by without the general testing are war heroes and super commandos. Does he look like a super commando to you?" *Black had opened a weapon's locker and was pushing aside weapons, looking for something suitable... A sniper rifle would be good in the city...*

*Gold didn't reply, she simply walked over to the weapons locker, grabbed a flechette shotgun and threw it at Black. He managed to catch it and looked at it, his visor helmet then looked up.* "A shotgun? Why would I need a shotgun for the city?"

*Gold grabbed her trusted BlasTech Light Repeating Blaster.* "We're not going to the city... Wait... Did the Director not tell you that either? Hmm... That's interesting..." *She said devilishly, a cruel smile forming behind her visor. She was going to be the leader in this, she would reap the benefits. She turned and walked back to sit with Agent Silver as he took the ship down to the swamps.*

Galactic Battle Arena Judge
Galactic Battle Arena Judge

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:04 pm

*The ship holding Xeonon and Calvin thundered from the atmosphere of the planet, followed by two other ships who had been trying to stop them. However they were to slow and they got left behind now that they were in orbit, punching the big blue button the duo jumped into Hyperspace headed towards Aaragu*
Previous

Return to Naboo's Orbit