Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

OOC RP Planning and Dispute Resolution

Administrator
Administrator

Affiliation:

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:14 am

IC disputes Settled OOC

This is a place where you can go to settle all of your IC issues with someone.

Rules of the thread.

1. Not personal insults
2. Everything here is ooc there is to be no rp here
3. NO FOUL LANGUAGE, Do not attempt to circumvent the word filter, do not star out foul language just don't use it at all.
4. All other site rules apply.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: IC disputes Settled OOC

So... what's going down on Hapes? We realise that there's no TG entry (that I can see) and to be honest i assumed there was one. That being the case, you may not have known the world was GCCS owned - in all probability that is the source of this... issue.

Anyway...

You landed - no landing permission; NPC'd it instead.

Are you invading or just taking a vacation?

hehe

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:14 pm

rules state an RP presence must be on a planet for a planet to be claimed. seven days no RP could mean a planet is technically abandoned.

viewtopic.php?f=1004&t=2504

Before we arrived the most recent activity was one post in orbit by two shuttles, Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:03 pm By Mike Frantz

before that: Open terrain - Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:43 pm by Evelynn Rowe
Open Orbit - Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:24 am by Evelynn Rowe
Olanjii/Charubah Corporation Shipyards- Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:35 pm by Kelborn Vel.

So please forgive us for not knowing anyone was here, since there was no RP presence for at least one month I felt it safe to assume the planet was fair game. We are not attacking since there is no force to attack, and to be honest we are just looking for RP, an abandoned planet with great ship production seemed like a good place to start one.

If you really think there is an issue over a planet no one has RP'ed on for over a month then by all means come and kill us to get us off, otherwise we are open for all kinds of RP and anyone is welcome to play with us.

But please unless you intend to actually RP on the planet, just let us be until we cause your group some kind of offense

Affiliation:

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:20 pm

We have let you be. We haven't turned up with 100s of ships to clear you off.

It was just a simple good natured enquiry, and we are well aware of the lack of RP on the planet. There are plans in the pipeline to change that. If you have no ill-intent, then by all means carry on. We assumed as much anyway.

EDIT: By "carry on" i meant, carry on RPing your SL. Not taking possession of the planet...

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:23 pm

No forces to attack? Just because a planet becomes abandoned does not mean it's defending forces simply go poof. They are assumed to be unready if an attack ever comes. If all else fails and there is no TG, there is still always the OOC thread to post in unless you go and look to see who is the most recent/most common poster. It is generally common courtesy to PM the defenders before attacking and since you did not know who exactly it was you could have done one of the two things I just suggested first.

So I guess what we need to clear up is whether or not you are just here to RP or whether you are here to claim the planet.

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:30 pm

[quote="Sto-Kino Solers":2tx81ph5]We have let you be. We haven't turned up with 100s of ships to clear you off.

It was just a simple good natured enquiry, and we are well aware of the lack of RP on the planet. There are plans in the pipeline to change that. If you have no ill-intent, then by all means carry on. We assumed as much anyway.

EDIT: By "carry on" i meant, carry on RPing your SL. Not taking possession of the planet...[/quote:2tx81ph5]

Unfortunately for me, it was an integeral part of my rp to claim the planet. But since your organisation is obviously far superior to mine in it's current pitiful state, I guess when your forces activate and you come to reclaim what was once yours I shall perish and die... Oh well such is the nature of the game

(I'm not actually being pacecious, i mean it... When you arrive I cannot possibly fight you off in my current organisational state, and my character does not walk away from a fight so you are going to have to kill me.)

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:32 pm

[quote="Arhiia Concordia":1jrn1826][color=#00BFFF:1jrn1826]No forces to attack? Just because a planet becomes abandoned does not mean it's defending forces simply go poof. They are assumed to be unready if an attack ever comes. If all else fails and there is no TG, there is still always the OOC thread to post in unless you go and look to see who is the most recent/most common poster. It is generally common courtesy to PM the defenders before attacking and since you did not know who exactly it was you could have done one of the two things I just suggested first.

So I guess what we need to clear up is whether or not you are just here to RP or whether you are here to claim the planet.[/color:1jrn1826][/quote:1jrn1826]

With a month of inactivity and the last post a goodbye, plus a weeks worth of RP before anyone noticed we were even here, it seems your options would have left me rp deadlock for quite sometime.

However I beleive my previous post here fixed the problems... The ones with the biggest guns get the planet, and thats not me.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:44 pm

The fundamental basis of RP is that it is a collaborative writing experience. Whether as friends or foes, we're here to do this together. You cannot simply march into someone else's territory and begin RPing their characters (The NPC queen mother of Hapes, for example), or launch a hostile invasion of their territory, with no regard for their defenses or their existing storyline. Nor should you continue beyond a first post in the system before waiting for a response if you are here for hostile reasons. The existence of a observable defensive force is irrelevant. Double-posting is still illegitimate--even in cases of abandonment.

[quote="The Traveler's Guide":2ghcls2x][size=150:2ghcls2x][color=#FFFF80:2ghcls2x]What constitutes abandonment?[/color:2ghcls2x][/size:2ghcls2x]

[list:2ghcls2x][*:2ghcls2x]The timeframe for abandonment is currently set around 7 days. This is not a law but a guideline and should not be stated as a law during attack.[/*:m:2ghcls2x]
[*:2ghcls2x]Abandonment is a lack of RP presence (see above). If no RL player has posted on a location for 7 days and there is no Guide entry to tell you who is in control there, you can assume that it is vacant and initiate taking control.[/*:m:2ghcls2x]
[*:2ghcls2x]This does not mean you have control. You should PM to say you are moving in and if you do not hear back within a reasonable timeframe (guideline 24 hours) continue the process.[/*:m:2ghcls2x]
[*:2ghcls2x]If a player then comes online to defend they can do so. They will, however, have to take a position of disadvantage due to the lack of RP presence/attendance.[/*:m:2ghcls2x]
[*:2ghcls2x]If they don't come back to defend you cannot ignore all defenses and troops that may have been stationed there. They must be taken into account in any posts where you intend to claim control. You must RP where they are, but they can be assumed to be inactive, not at their posts or be in disarray as there has not been a RL person online indicating they would be ready and alert.[/*:m:2ghcls2x]
[*:2ghcls2x]Refusal to RP a defense when it can be proven that a defender is online (i.e. posting OOC but never IC) likewise may be treated as abandonment. After five or more IC posts by attackers, unanswered by IC posts by a defender but answered OOC, the attacker may move on with the next phase of the story. This does not include posts where the defender is ooc negotiating to be online and continue the story another time.[/*:m:2ghcls2x][/list:u:2ghcls2x][/quote:2ghcls2x]

Your probe entering the system was not an attempt to make contact, and there was no reason for us to respond to it. The first act you took that could be responded too was the entry of Angel Silri's fleet into orbit. At that point you should have stopped, and waited, and if we did not respond, then made an attempt to contact whoever was in charge via PM.

All posts after the one below could be considered god moding, as we were not given a chance to respond or interact.

[quote="Angel Silri":2ghcls2x][action:2ghcls2x]Out of hyperspace comes a fleet.[/action:2ghcls2x]
1 Black Hole-class Heavy Battleship-"The Pavel"
2 Seraphim-Class Stealth Destroyer
6 KatFish MFc.5 "Herakoshi" -Class Stealth Pirate Frigate
72 Superiority Fighter Wyvern Z-Wing's
[narration:2ghcls2x]The fleet raises a comm the the surface below for landing a few craft.[/narration:2ghcls2x]
[comlink:2ghcls2x]This is the Dragons breath fleet, we wish to land a few shuttles and have a talk, saying no would be utmost discouraged![/comlink:2ghcls2x][/quote:2ghcls2x]

If you're not here to invade, then I apologize, but I'm not even sure why we're having this conversation if that's the case--the planet is just as open to anyone's RP as any other GCCS planet. We prefer that you let us know what you're doing, just to prevent the very sort of confusion that's now occuring, but as long as you're willing to work within the government structure we've set up to control the planet, and have no intentions of permanently seizing control of Hapes from the GCCS, then by all means please continue with your storyline. :)
Last edited by Kel'Al Raganella on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Affiliation:

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:50 pm

[quote="Archangel the despot":2mb896dn]Unfortunately for me, it was an integeral part of my rp to claim the planet. But since your organisation is obviously far superior to mine in it's current pitiful state, I guess when your forces activate and you come to reclaim what was once yours I shall perish and die... Oh well such is the nature of the game

(I'm not actually being pacecious, i mean it... When you arrive I cannot possibly fight you off in my current organisational state, and my character does not walk away from a fight so you are going to have to kill me.)[/quote:2mb896dn]

And how exactly would it work in reality? A multi-planet spanning government just decides to let you keep a financially and strategically vital planet because "it's just not fair" otherwise?

[quote="Archangel the despot":2mb896dn]With a month of inactivity and the last post a goodbye, plus a weeks worth of RP before anyone noticed we were even here, it seems your options would have left me rp deadlock for quite sometime.[/quote:2mb896dn]

First of all, it wasn't a month of inactivity. You yourself posted that the last post was the 7th of February, that's 17 days ago. 2 and a half weeks. Don't exaggerate in order to better make your point.

Secondly, the last post was not "a goodbye" it was two shuttles arriving in system and landing on the planet, preparing the way for further RP which we haven't gotten round to because of RL issues.

Thirdly, the options that Arhiia gave would most certainly [i:2mb896dn][b:2mb896dn]not[/b:2mb896dn][/i:2mb896dn] have led to RP deadlock, since you would have contacted somebody directly, (may I suggest Mike Frantz, the last person to post [i:2mb896dn]arriving[/i:2mb896dn] at the planet?), and so would have gotten a response almost immediately and we wouldn't be in this situation.

[quote="Archangel the despot":2mb896dn]However I beleive my previous post here fixed the problems... The ones with the biggest guns get the planet, and thats not me.[/quote:2mb896dn]

Is this pessimistic "sad sack" attitude some kind of a underhanded attempt at emotional manipulation? The ones with the biggest guns do get the planet, that's how life works. What do you want us to do?
Last edited by Sto-Kino Solers on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:57 pm

And you waited this long to bring it up because???

Call me a stickler for punctuality (sp) but if someone comes to your planet and starts RP'ing in a way you dont like... you dont wait a week to reply, unless of course the planet was abandoned and you only just thought about the fact you owned it.

I already told you I don't mind if you come kill me, but since we have been rp'ing here a week and you only bring it up now, you have had plenty of time to air your greavenses (sp) so claiming you have NOT had time to respond is incorrect, had this been brought up earlier then your claims could be varified and the RP would not have begun.

To say someone is god modding because no one thought to check the planet in a month is bad form on your teams side, as stated previously you have had a week to stop us and say... wait a mintue, we own this planet... I believe it says in the rules..24 hours is the standard responce time, please check the time and date of our first fleet post and then check the time of the first listed problem here. you will find it is not 24 hours.

I don't want to argue OOC, so please be respectful of the fact I followed the rules as stated and you did not respond in a timly manner... Just come down and kill me, my being on the planet is perfectly within the rules of the game as would my death at your hands.

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:01 pm

[quote="Sto-Kino Solers":1p6odhbt]First of all, it wasn't a month of inactivity. You yourself posted that the last post was the 7th of February, that's 17 days ago. 2 and a half weeks. Don't exaggerate in order to better make your point.[/quote:1p6odhbt]

one post does not qualify as RP presence.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:02 pm

Sto, threatening people with big guns OOC isn't going to get us anywhere. Yes, we have big guns, but we shouldn't need them in order to solve this. This is an OOC misunderstanding, nothing more. There's no reason for us to start an IC fight over it.

Archangel, I'm not sure what you're going on about, nor do I want to get into a nitpicking contest with you. The point here is that you moved in illegally, and we're not willing to recognize it. You did not, as you claim, follow the rules at all. First, as far as I know, you made no attempt to contact any of us through a PM. Second, your friends did not wait for a response before continuing beyond their first posts of an invasion.

That doesn't mean we're going to show up with massive forces or insist on killing your character. Instead, all we want is to find out why you're here, and then come up with a way to work with you. If you're here to invade, then we need to go back and restart things and do this fair and square. But there's no reason why you need to capture the planet in order to RP here... we're not isolationist pricks who shoot outsiders for fun. If all you want is to RP on the planet in peace, no one is going top stop you.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Actually I keep a pretty close eye on the planet. Just because I don't post doesn't mean I'm not watching. Last I looked (I think it was early Saturday morning of last week - 12/13) I saw nothing that warranted a response.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:46 am

I guess it is time to put my response here huh?.. First off I'd like to appologize, for not seeing this earlier for I have been in stronger and more active rp's, again I appologize. Secondly not thinking of abandonment rules, when I npc'd things, im sorry for that as well, me and archangel were just originally so intent on owning everything that Eragon Hallis had in 1.0 to really stick it to him. Now i have one question and this is for whoever to answer. Isnt lady tanith cddc? If she is still, and was incharge of it why has she not made a stink over this? Me personally I do not mind going back to my first fleet post, but I would say im not going to be in this topic much, considering all my forces are npc and not actully controlled by angel herself since she is not here, meaning if we decide to start over, then if i dont respond within 24 hours of the latest post made, then my forces here are up for grabs whether it be capture or destroy, for if it was a ground fight and my pc was actually here there would be a different story for she loves to fight!

So whats the verdict, im game for whatever?

Guild Councilor
Guild Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:24 pm

Ok, well this is kind of my fault more than anyone's and I apologize for that. Hapes was recently made my responsibility so I could set it up for our future RP, Unfortunately RL got in the way and I'd been really distracted and hardly in any mood to do anything and I kind of Forgot about Hapes. Again I apologize for it because I really hate any sort of arguments especially ones that I am kind of responsible for.

I don't mean to threaten you but we do actually have plans for Hapes... some pretty big plans actually and the only reason they hadn't been acted on was because of my distractedness which did I mention I'm really sorry about.

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/PURPLE.png[/img]

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:29 pm

[quote="Angel Silri":p95dnbwh]I guess it is time to put my response here huh?.. First off I'd like to appologize, for not seeing this earlier for I have been in stronger and more active rp's, again I appologize. Secondly not thinking of abandonment rules, when I npc'd things, im sorry for that as well, me and archangel were just originally so intent on owning everything that Eragon Hallis had in 1.0 to really stick it to him. Now i have one question and this is for whoever to answer. Isnt lady tanith cddc? If she is still, and was incharge of it why has she not made a stink over this? Me personally I do not mind going back to my first fleet post, but I would say im not going to be in this topic much, considering all my forces are npc and not actully controlled by angel herself since she is not here, meaning if we decide to start over, then if i dont respond within 24 hours of the latest post made, then my forces here are up for grabs whether it be capture or destroy, for if it was a ground fight and my pc was actually here there would be a different story for she loves to fight!

[color=#FF00BF:p95dnbwh]So whats the verdict, im game for whatever?[/color:p95dnbwh][/quote:p95dnbwh]

[color=#00BFFF:p95dnbwh]Just to clarify, this isn't CDDC territory or whatever her faction's name is now. It's GCCS or Galactic Coalition of Confederated Systems.[/color:p95dnbwh]

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:02 am

thanks for clearing that up.. So still whats the verdict?

Guild Councilor
Guild Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Well as it is I see two options. We can a) have ya'll show up again and have an actual battle for it or b) you can void everything and go find somewhere else to attack/take.... or something along those lines.

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:39 pm

*Angel voids her small space force. ;)*
OOC: Her ground forces are pretty much in archangels possession, so he can kill them.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:33 am

Is this all settled then? :)
Next

Return to Hapes