Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Umgul City

High Councilor, Player's Guild
High Councilor, Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Re: Umgul City Spaceport

[quote="Serrin Roma":17oz67ei][narration:17oz67ei]Sometime after the current events taking place on Umgul . . .[/narration:17oz67ei]

"Good to be home again? . . . Now go. Tell Crystal I say hello."[/quote:17oz67ei]

Yeah it was good to be home, even though Coruscant was his homeworld, Umgul was his second home, everyone he cared about was here. He smiled at the familiar spaceport and quite honestly, he would never get tired of this. Just touching the ground that he had called home. His everything was here so to speak. Even though he had caught some of the conversation that was occurring between Nidawi and the Senate guardsmen, every men and women from this cruiser needed some rest, but who was he to say relieve them all from their duties anyways? He looked up at the holocam surveillance knowing that everyone in the UDF would be aware of the Vice Chancellor's presence as he had stated that when he spoke with the Admiral and ATC. He pointed at the surveillance and then back to his eyes then to the ship, just in case? Any other security measures had to be taken place and he also knew that the Intelligence Department would be monitoring even more closely the spaceport now.

When he was done with that, he turned his head to look at Serrin and smiled widely at what she was saying before he laughed when she was practically dismissing him from this place so he could see Crystal immediately. [color=#00BFFF:17oz67ei]"Are you really [i:17oz67ei]that[/i:17oz67ei] in a hurry to get rid of me?"[/color:17oz67ei] He asked teasingly and jokingly too while he placed his hand on his chest. [color=#00BFFF:17oz67ei]"Here I thought you and I had a connection, it pains me that you are dismissing me this way..."[/color:17oz67ei] He raised both of his hands in surrender and he could only guess what would she say next. [color=#00BFFF:17oz67ei]"But okay, okay, I will go and see her, but know that you can comm me anytime, alright?"[/color:17oz67ei] Atlantis told her with a warm smile, [color=#00BFFF:17oz67ei]"I shall pass along your message though, but I am sure that she'll want to see you and see how you have been doing and if I have been behaving."[/color:17oz67ei] He laughed at that idea, because he knew that Serrin and Crystal got along just great and come to think of it, he wasn't surprised at all.

Atlantis looked over the Vice Chancellor and inclined his head respectfully. [color=#00BFFF:17oz67ei]"Nidawi, forgive me for not showing you around, but I am sure that you will want to rest first and foremost, if you do need anything though, do not hesitate, I am just one comm away."[/color:17oz67ei] He told her with a warm smile, he was sure that he would see her tomorrow anyways. Same for Serrin too, so... Now he guessed it was time for him to take his leave. [color=#00BFFF:17oz67ei]"I hope that all of you have a good night's rest."[/color:17oz67ei] He finally said before glancing around and closing his eyes momentarily to inhale deeply that familiar scent that he could always smell on this planet. [color=#00BFFF:17oz67ei]"See you both tomorrow."[/color:17oz67ei] He walked off from the group and just made his way towards the spaceport's exit to contact everyone to say that he was back but he would be heading straight to see Crystal...

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:46 pm

Evadne Vinoly Archictectural

[narration:3jxuygyu]Elika is only a few minutes late for the staff meeting, where they discuss the current workload of the staff and assign projects to those members of the staff that can have more work added to their plate, but the firm's managing partner, an Ugnaught originally from Gentes, Evadne, grumpy as ever, chews Elika out anyway.

After the staff meeting, Elika's day gets a little better after its rocky start and despite the fact that she still feels mildly hungover even after the cup of caf she immediately goes to get once the meeting had wrapped up.[/narration:3jxuygyu] [action:3jxuygyu]Once ensconced in her office, Elika, after taking several aspirin to help combat the hangover, had checked and responded to her holonet messages, many of which concern the final decisions for the contractors that will be constructing the Mist Order's academy and setting the date for breaking ground, had then, after checking her to-do list for the day and organizing her desk for the day's tasks, spent the next hour researching and then sketching the detail for the studio area of a dance studio project that she is helping Clio, who also works in the firm's design department, complete before her deadline.[/action:3jxuygyu]

[narration:3jxuygyu]Evadne, a firm believer in continuing education, has also scheduled a staff meeting with a sustainability service provider, and Elika and the rest of the staff spend an exciting hour learning all about the alleged benefits of cost versus return focus.[/narration:3jxuygyu]

[action:3jxuygyu]Once the second meeting had ended Elika, who had been assigned a client wanting the firm to design a floral shop in the first staff meeting, sees that she has some time before the off-site client meeting and so, after getting directions to the client's home where the meeting will be held, decides to visit Tehia and De'ath at the medcenter before the meeting.

As she is heading from the office to check if the airtaxi she had arranged to take her to the medcenter has arrived, Elika is intercepted by the perpetually sleepy Naldo, the firm's construction administrator, who sleepily informs her that the date for breaking ground on the Mist Order's academy has been set and that excavation will begin before the end of the week.[/action:3jxuygyu]

[b:3jxuygyu]Furgan Medical Center ├óÔé¼ÔÇØ CCU[/b:3jxuygyu]

[action:3jxuygyu]Fussing with the sleeves of her gray [url=http://i48.tinypic.com/24mz7rq.jpg:3jxuygyu]suit[/url:3jxuygyu] coat, worn with matching pants and vest and a pale gray scarf, Elika steps off of the turbolift and, after asking at the nurses station whether she has arrived during visiting hours, makes her way to De'ath's stopping outside when she hears Tehia saying,[/action:3jxuygyu]

[quote="Constanza Vinti":3jxuygyu]"Message received."[/quote:3jxuygyu]

[action:3jxuygyu]Knowing about Tehia's alter personalities and how they are as real to her as actual beings, Elika can't be sure that she is talking with them or with an actual being and so, to be sure, does not enter the room and instead knocks on the door and waits to be let inside.[/action:3jxuygyu]

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Re: Furgan Medical Center ├óÔé¼ÔÇØ CCU

[quote="Constanza Vinti":33b2ncz9][action:33b2ncz9]Doing her best to sound upbeat, Connie sits back down in the chair beside Dees's bed and says,[/action:33b2ncz9] "Got it doc. No news is good news and I need to take care of myself. [action:33b2ncz9]Giving the doc a thumbs up, Connie adds,[/action:33b2ncz9] Message received," [narration:33b2ncz9]which isn't the same as saying she agrees with seeing the bright side or that she will do anything like leave but is as much of a discussion on either subject as she wants to have at the moment.[/narration:33b2ncz9][/quote:33b2ncz9]

[action:33b2ncz9]Hyun Ae smiles as she nods and says,[/action:33b2ncz9] "OK then. [narration:33b2ncz9]Having worked in the CCU as long as she has, Hyun Ae has seen families of patients do everything they can to arrange their lives so that they can be with their loved ones as often as possible and, from what she has seen so far, Tehia is likely to do the same no matter how often she is told that she can leave De'ath in the care of the CCU staff to take time for herself.[/narration:33b2ncz9] I'll be back to check on De'ath later today, [narration:33b2ncz9]Hyun Ae explains,[/narration:33b2ncz9] and the physical therapist will be here later this afternoon to . . ."

[action:33b2ncz9]Turning towards the door when someone[/action:33b2ncz9]

[quote="Elikapeka Hekekia":33b2ncz9][action:33b2ncz9]knocks on the door[/action:33b2ncz9][/quote:33b2ncz9]

[action:33b2ncz9]Hyun Ae finishes her thought as she walks over to the door,[/action:33b2ncz9] "The therapist will come by in the afternoon to work with De'ath. You are, of course, welcome to stay when they do and help if you like."

[action:33b2ncz9]Opening the door, Hyun Ae smiles warmly when she sees Elikapeka and motions for her to come inside as she says,[/action:33b2ncz9] "Elikapeka, it's nice to see you again, [narration:33b2ncz9]both sincerely happy to see her and glad that she looks as though she has recovered from her panic attack the previous evening, but having seen how nervous Elikapeka gets when receiving too much attention, decides not to mention the incident at all.[/narration:33b2ncz9] Come in, [narration:33b2ncz9]Hyun Ae says, explaining,[/narration:33b2ncz9] I was just finishing my visit with De'ath and Miss Jhadav and will be out of your way in a moment. [narration:33b2ncz9]While Hyun Ae would like to speak with Elikapeka, now is not the time and so she will have to settle for hoping that she will see Elikapeka when she leaves the medcenter after visiting with Miss Jhadav and De'ath.[/narration:33b2ncz9] [action:33b2ncz9]Turning towards Tehia, Hyun Ae asks,[/action:33b2ncz9] Did you have any other questions or concerns before I go?"

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:48 am

*Even though, somewhere in the back of her mind, Elikapeka had known that running into Hyun Ae while visiting Tehia and De'ath was not only a possibility but one that she would welcome, she had not been expecting to run into her unexpectedly and, now that, when Hyun Ae is the one that opens the door, she finds she might welcome but is probably far too nervous, her usual anxiety compounded by the not entirely unpleasant anxiety that anyone feels when they are in the presence of someone they find attractive and would like to get to know better, to, as she had told Lily she would try and do, work it.*

*Reaching up and nervously brushing a strand of hair that has fallen from the messy ponytail her hair has been artlessly pulled up in, Elika smiles just as nervously and stammers,* "Hi, hi, um, *she looks over towards Tehia and waves, repeating,* Hi, *as cheerfully as she can, thinking that Hyun Ae's being at work will be a good enough excuse not to work it if Lily somehow finds out that Elika had not worked it when presented with an opportunity to work it and that it means she should not be so worried about working it anyway and, therefore, should be able to relax, if only a little. Nodding too many times before, after Hyun Ae tells her to come in, Elika says,* Oh, um, okay, *and steps inside, her right hand, thumb down to keep her suit coat's sleeve in place covering her wrist, fluttering up to play absently with her scarf,* It, um, it's nice to see you again too, *Elika manages and then, stepping to the foot of De'ath's bed, explains unnecessarily to Tehia,* I'm, I'm here to see how you and De'ath are doing, *and then, looking concerned as it occurs to her that she may have interrupted something since she missed Hyun Ae's saying that she was nearly finished due to her anxiousness, gestures towards the door and asks almost hopefully,* Is this, um, a, a bad time? I can come back later if it is."

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:29 pm

[quote="Doctor lady":22ij1651] "OK then. I'll be back to check on De'ath later today, [narration:22ij1651]Hyun Ae explains,[/narration:22ij1651] and the physical therapist will be here later this afternoon to . . ."

[action:22ij1651]Turning towards the door when someone[/action:22ij1651]

[quote="Elly":22ij1651][action:22ij1651]knocks on the door[/action:22ij1651][/quote:22ij1651]

[action:22ij1651]Hyun Ae finishes her thought as she walks over to the door,[/action:22ij1651] "The therapist will come by in the afternoon to work with De'ath. You are, of course, welcome to stay when they do and help if you like."

[action:22ij1651]Opening the door, Hyun Ae smiles warmly when she sees Elikapeka and motions for her to come inside as she says,[/action:22ij1651] "Elikapeka, it's nice to see you again. Come in, I was just finishing my visit with De'ath and Miss Jhadav and will be out of your way in a moment. [action:22ij1651]Turning towards Tehia, Hyun Ae asks,[/action:22ij1651] Did you have any other questions or concerns before I go?"[/quote:22ij1651]

[action:22ij1651]Connie nods when the doc says that the physical therapist will be by to work with Dees later on, looking from her to the door when someone knocks. Smiling and waving chipperly to Elly when she comes in, Connie tries not to look too amused as Elly, who apparently either uses nervousness as her flirting style or is just plain ol' nervous, seems flustered to see that the doc, who plays it all cool like, prob'ly 'cause, like, she's at work an' all.[/action:22ij1651] [narration:22ij1651]Having seen the two of 'em talkin' together at Crys's party, Connie had been pretty sure that somethin' was sparkin' between 'em and so, thinkin' she can give them a chance to talk alone and remembering that the doc had taken 'lantis ta get some coffee in a doctors lounge or something the last time he was here in the medcenter, shakes her head when the doc asks if she has any other questions and says,[/narration:22ij1651] "No, no questions. Ya know though, I [i:22ij1651]could[/i:22ij1651] use a cup of caf. [action:22ij1651]Looking at Elly, Connie says,[/action:22ij1651] I know you, like, have an addiction to the stuff too, so you want a cup too? [action:22ij1651]Trying to look as though the thought just occurred to her now, Connie looks over at the doc an' says,[/action:22ij1651] Say, isn't there a place up here Elly could get some caf?"

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:33 pm

[quote="Atlantis Vyridian":19p4992u][color=#00BFFF:19p4992u]"Are you really [i:19p4992u]that[/i:19p4992u] in a hurry to get rid of me? Here I thought you and I had a connection, it pains me that you are dismissing me this way...But okay, okay, I will go and see her, but know that you can comm me anytime, alright? I shall pass along your message though, but I am sure that she'll want to see you and see how you have been doing and if I have been behaving."[/color:19p4992u] He laughed at that idea, because he knew that Serrin and Crystal got along just great and come to think of it, he wasn't surprised at all.

[color=#00BFFF:19p4992u]"I hope that all of you have a good night's rest. See you both tomorrow."[/color:19p4992u] He walked off from the group and just made his way towards the spaceport's exit to contact everyone to say that he was back but he would be heading straight to see Crystal...[/quote:19p4992u]

[action:19p4992u]Resting my left hand beneath my chin with an intentionally confused expression on my face as Atlantis jokes about feeling dismissed, I purse my lips into a mildly exaggerated sympathetic frown as he goes on for a moment and, when nod when he says that I can contact him if needed. Laughing while arching the thin ridge of muscle over my right eye when Atlantis says that he imagines Crystal will want to see me and learn of how he behaved, the eyebrow meant to look as though I am threatening to endeavor to get him into trouble with Crystal by inventing some misconduct on his part but most likely looking merely amused as I find his concern amusing, I step away from him and Nidawi as he makes his farewell to her, clasping my hands behind my back as my right lekku swishes to curl it's tip around my hip.

Inclining my head in a bow to Atlantis, I smile warmly and say,[/action:19p4992u] "Until tomorrow then. May Ashla ever guard and guide you Atlantis. [action:19p4992u]Walking over to Nidawi and her guards after watching Atlantis walk away for a moment, I ask her,[/action:19p4992u] Would you like to wait for your crew to finish with the post flight so that we can all go together, or have them meet us at the Misty Lodge when they are finished?"

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:40 am

Umgul City - Misty Inn Extended Stay

[action:xl169sep]The sound of her datapad chiming to alert her to the fact she has received a holonet message brings the meat droid out of her standby mode and, her right leg lowering to the floor as she comes out of the [i:xl169sep]retir├â┬®[/i:xl169sep] position she has held for, her internal chronometer makes her aware, three days, Cleite turns and lifts her right arm to blow the thin covering of dust that had settled on it as she walks over to the bedside table to check the message.

Shaking her head after brushing the dust from her left arm, Cleite, for whom it would have made little to no difference had she remained in a standby mode for days or years, picks up her datapad and, after accessing her holonet account, reads the report she has been sent by Madieke with, at first, an expressionless gaze.[/action:xl169sep]

[quote="Madieke Anenih":xl169sep][narration:xl169sep]The report does not take too long, her investigation not having turned up a wealth of information since her client, prior to the accident that robbed her of her memories of her past, seemed to have constructed a life for herself that was as free of complications and attachments, other than to her enigmatic Umbaran lover, as possible. Kallas's past, too, had been an easy thing to reconstruct but nearly as uncomplicated as her recent history. Unsolved, possibly unsolvable unless her memories return to her, is the mystery of why Kallas had disappeared. Nothing in the original investigation into her client's disappearance or Madieke's own had uncovered a reason that Kallas would disappear, only reasons that made her disappearance baffling in light of the fact it almost certainly had to have been staged by Kallas herself.[/narration:xl169sep]

[action:xl169sep]Concluding her report with the details she had learned of Pajari's life since she imagines they will be of interest to her client, Madieke attaches the few images of holographs of Kallas or Pajari that she had obtained from either the university or the report of the CSF investigators and a bill for her services[/action:xl169sep][/quote:xl169sep]

[action:xl169sep]Scrolling through the images of the real Cleite Kallas and Akulina, the HRD that has taken her place wonders if the sense of loss she feels now that she knows some of the answers she had sought is merely what her personality matrix calculates as the most probable emotional response the original Cleite would have felt in her place or something of her own.[/action:xl169sep] [narration:xl169sep]Where the line, should a line exist at all, between programming and sentience might lay is something that has always interested Cleite, or, she cannot deny the possibility, merely a question that would have fascinated the real Cleite. She would like to think that at some invisible point the choices she makes, based on programming though they might be, will make her different from the woman that was her template. Her experiences, those that she can remember at any rate, already separate her from the original, and those experiences inform the calculations that determine her actions and is that so very different from how a sentient organism grows and learns? Experience, in essence, determining how an organism reacts, programming certain responses?

The question is, Cleite knows, ultimately unanswerable, and so she decides to call what she feels her own, decides that she is feeling melancholy rather than that she feels melancholy because her programming concludes that is statistically the most probable emotional response the original, real Cleite would have felt were she here now. Never having seen Akulina, or having known the nature of their relationship, Cleite wonders whether that relationship explains her existence; whether the Umbaran had her designed to replace the woman she had lost. It seems a probable conclusion based on what Madieke had learned on Muunilinst. She cannot, Cleite tells herself, miss what her incomplete memories make as though she never knew, and yet the melancholy persists, the sense of having lost something even though she, in effect, never knew she had it. Madieke's report is inconclusive where Akulina's fate is concerned, meaning that the possibility exists that the Umbaran is alive, somewhere. Why, Cleite asks, would she have been abandoned? Did the Umbaran discard her like a toy that has been outgrown? Was it too much, finally, to bear the sight of an artificial replacement for someone that was once alive? Or were they separated during the civil war on Muunilinst? Another question that, with Akulina gone beyond reach of any search it would seem, cannot be answered.[/narration:xl169sep]

[action:xl169sep]Her datapad chimes again, jarring Cliete out of her reverie and, her expression, unbeknownst to her as it was not a calculated response on her part, a mournful one, closes the report from Madieke and opens the message she has received.[/action:xl169sep]

[quote="Andros Vyridian":xl169sep]
[quote:xl169sep]To: Cleite Kallas
Subject: Interview

[color=#0080FF:xl169sep]Ms. Kallas,

Your application has been looked into by myself and I would like to meet you at your own convenience.
Please let me know when you have the time and I am sure that I can accommodate you into my schedule.

Yours truly,

Andros Vyridian
Vice Governor of Umgul.[/color:xl169sep][/quote:xl169sep][/quote:xl169sep]

[action:xl169sep]Cleite can, naturally, meet with Andros Vyridian at any time as she has no other objectives to accomplish and so she sends a reply to him requesting to meet with him the following day and sets the datapad back down on the bedside table with a distant expression, her thoughts returning to Madieke's report and bringing the sense of melancholy she had felt, or been made to feel by her personality matrix's calculations. Rather than standing, Cleite lays on her back on the bed in her rented room, welcoming the peace that returning to a standby mode affords her as, mimicking sleep, she closes her eyes.[/action:xl169sep]

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:58 pm

[quote="Elikapeka Hekekia":49eg27nr][action:49eg27nr]Reaching up and nervously brushing a strand of hair that has fallen from the messy ponytail her hair has been artlessly pulled up in, Elika smiles just as nervously and stammers,[/action:49eg27nr] "Hi, hi, um, [action:49eg27nr]she looks over towards Tehia and waves, repeating,[/action:49eg27nr] Oh, um, okay, [action:49eg27nr]and steps inside, her right hand, thumb down to keep her suit coat's sleeve in place covering her wrist, fluttering up to play absently with her scarf,[/action:49eg27nr] It, um, it's nice to see you again too, I'm, I'm here to see how you and De'ath are doing, [action:49eg27nr]and then, looking concerned as it occurs to her that she may have interrupted something since she missed Hyun Ae's saying that she was nearly finished due to her anxiousness, gestures towards the door and asks almost hopefully,[/action:49eg27nr] Is this, um, a, a bad time? I can come back later if it is."[/quote:49eg27nr]

[narration:49eg27nr]Hyun Ae finds it easier to read Elikapeka's nonverbal signals, like touching her hair or scarf, easier to interpret than what she actually says due to the fact that her obvious nervousness could be mean any number of things, and so feels reasonably sure that the attraction she feels is a mutual one. Hyun Ae also notices that Elikapeka has a tendency to fidget with her sleeves that seems compulsive and, since they are not in as crowded a place as the Lodge, gathers that Elikapeka's nervousness is not due to claustrophobia. Since Elikapeka had not seemed as uncomfortable when speaking with her friends, Hyun Ae can hope that Elikapeka will eventually feel more comfortable with her and understands that she will have to, if an opportunity presents itself to speak with her arises, try and be less straightforward and blunt than she is often inclined to be to avoid making Elikapeka more nervous.[/narration:49eg27nr] [action:49eg27nr]Hyun Ae smiles when Elika asks if she should come back at another time and is about to repeat that her examination of De'ath is finished and that she is leaving herself, but before she can Miss Jhadav speaks first.[/action:49eg27nr]

[quote="Constanza Vinti":49eg27nr]"No, no questions. Ya know though, I [i:49eg27nr]could[/i:49eg27nr] use a cup of caf. [action:49eg27nr]Looking at Elly, Connie says,[/action:49eg27nr] I know you, like, have an addiction to the stuff too, so you want a cup too? [action:49eg27nr]Trying to look as though the thought just occurred to her now, Connie looks over at the doc an' says,[/action:49eg27nr] Say, isn't there a place up here Elly could get some caf?"[/quote:49eg27nr]

[action:49eg27nr]Trying not to look too pleased about being presented with a chance to talk to Elikapeka alone or too amused to find that the Nagai must have seen her and Elikapeka together at the Lounge and formed a conclusion similar to Hyun Ae's own about the mutual attraction between her and Elikapeka, Hyun Ae confirms,[/action:49eg27nr] "We have a coffee maker in the physicians lounge. [action:49eg27nr]Looking towards Elikapeka, she says,[/action:49eg27nr] I can show you where the lounge is if you'd like?"

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Umgul City - Umgul City Consulting

*Before Nar Shaddaa. Adrift. Unnecessary.*

*There was a time in her life when Madieke was more at home aboard a ship than anywhere else, but that was before Nar Shaddaa and now is always glad when, on those infrequent occasions when a case requires her to go offworld, she can return to the ground.

With the conclusions of her jobs for Vyridian and Kallas Madieke finds herself in one of the lulls that are inevitable in her line of work. Cases come in fits and starts and she always feels adrift when she does not have her work to occupy her. She thinks, briefly, of contacting Creel to see if he has anything going that she could consult on but Madieke knows she will not. If Creel needs her, he will contact her.*

*Sitting in the chair behind her desk Madieke powers her dataterminal on and sends a brief message to Vice Governor Vyridian to let him know of her return so that they can arrange a time to meet.* *With nothing to report except that there is nothing to report it seems unnecessary to speak face to face but he wanted discretion. There is also always the chance he will want to know how she arrived at her conclusion that Kallas had no ties to the Dark Jedi Order, or that he would be interested in the other information Madieke was able to learn and a sit down will give him the opportunity to ask for those things.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:53 pm

*Elikapeka looks relieved when Tehia says that she would like a cup of caf, thinking that going to the medcenter's cafeteria will give her a chance to leave before making too much of an idiot of herself and allow her a chance to get herself together, and she smiles with an enthusiastic nod when Tehia jokes about Elika's love of caf when asking if she also wants a cup. Elika's relief is, however, short lived since Tehia then asks Hyun Ae if there is someplace near the CCU where caf can be found and Elika starts to lift her hands to wave them to try and signal Tehia to stop, missing the look on Tehia's face that suggests that she is intentionally making the suggestion since, as she starts to wave her hands Hyun Ae is saying that there is a doctors lounge where Elika can get caf.

Reaching up and playing with her scarf as though that was why she had been lifting her hands, Elika tries to smile as though pleased, the expression winding up more of a combination of having been caught doing something she wasn't supposed to be doing and nervousness, as she shakes her head and stammers,*
"Oh, um, no, no, that's, that's, *thinking that refusing the offer might not only seem rude but as though she is refusing because it would mean being alone with Hyun Ae, which could be totally misinterpreted and also seems more than a little cowardly, Elika summons up what courage she can muster and begins nodding instead of shaking her head as she goes on,* um, okay, uh-huh, that, that sounds, sounds good, um, thanks, thank you, *and then, telling herself to stop talking, turns towards the door, pointing at it as, feeling too anxious to stop talking, she asks lamely,* Out, out here?"

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:39 am

Furgan Medical Center-Reception

*It had occurred to Terra on her way over from the Misty Lodge that if Zane was indeed hurt in the crash, he probably would have been taken to the hospital. It was almost funny in hindsight that she had been so confused as to where he would end up after a crash, but she was hardly in a humorous mood.

The cab she had taken stopped outside Furgan Medical Center and she stepped out after paying the fare with the credit chip. Of course, that had been her only credit chip, which meant that unless someone came to get her, she would be stuck walking back to the Lodge. Hopefully Zane was actually here.

She entered the hospital, and walked over to the reception desk to ask if Zane was here, and was informed that a Jedi Knight by that name had recently been taking into surgery following a crash outside of the city, but was expected to pull through, much to her relief. She was told to wait until he was cleared to have visitors, which she was assured wouldn't be long.*

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Re: Umgul City - Misty Inn Extended Stay

A signal from her datapad notified her of a new message.

[quote:1q7x0cqq]From: Andros Vyridian
To: Cleite Kallas
Subject: RE: RE: Interview

[color=#0080FF:1q7x0cqq]Ms. Kallas,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Tomorrow 9 a.m. it is.
Just let them know that you are there to see me, I will notify the people by giving your name.

Yours truly,

Andros Vyridian
Vice Governor of Umgul.[/color:1q7x0cqq][/quote:1q7x0cqq]

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:34 pm

[quote="Atlantis Vyridian":1m3j9cg6]Atlantis looked over the Vice Chancellor and inclined his head respectfully. [color=#00BFFF:1m3j9cg6]"Nidawi, forgive me for not showing you around, but I am sure that you will want to rest first and foremost, if you do need anything though, do not hesitate, I am just one comm away. I hope that all of you have a good night's rest. See you both tomorrow."[/color:1m3j9cg6] He walked off from the group and just made his way towards the spaceport's exit.[/quote:1m3j9cg6]

[action:1m3j9cg6]Nidawi bows her head respectfully as she smiles and says to Atlantis with a chuckle,[/action:1m3j9cg6] "You are correct Atlantis, I would much rather rest at the moment than sight see so you needn't apologize for anything at all. Go and rest, we will have plenty of time for you to show me more of Umgul tomorrow."

[action:1m3j9cg6]After Atlantis has gone, Nidawi says to Serrin,[/action:1m3j9cg6] "We had best see about arranging for transportation to the Misty Lodge, hadn't we? That should give the crew time to finish their post flight routines and so we call all travel together."

[narration:1m3j9cg6]Her Senate Guards, who refuse to let her and Serrin go alone to arrange for transportation to the Misty Lodge, accompany her and Serrin as they see to hiring three vehicles, enough to transport Nidawi, Serrin, her Senate Guards and the crew of her ship to the Misty Lodge and, as predicted, the crew has completed their work by the time they have done so.

Once everyone has entered the hired vehicles, they lift off and proceed on to the [url=http://www.jedivsith.com/viewtopic.php?f=768&t=26305&start=420:1m3j9cg6]Misty Lodge[/url:1m3j9cg6].[/narration:1m3j9cg6]

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:42 am

[quote="Elikapeka Hekekia":2uutk8ws]"Oh, um, no, no, that's, that's, um, okay, uh-huh, that, that sounds, sounds good, um, thanks, thank you . . . Out, out here?"[/quote:2uutk8ws]

[action:2uutk8ws]Hyun Ae does her best not to look too amused by the cute way that Elikapeka first shakes her head and sounds like she is going to decline the offer and then begins nodding and accepts, smiling as she confirms,[/action:2uutk8ws] "Out there. [action:2uutk8ws]Turning back towards De'ath and Miss Jhadav, Hyun Ae says,[/action:2uutk8ws] I will see you both this afternoon. Remember, if you need anything just let one of the nurses know."

[action:2uutk8ws]Beginning to walk out of the room, Hyun Ae remembers Tehia's comment about Elikapeka being addicted to caf and puts her hands in the side pockets of her lab coat as she asks Elikapeka,[/action:2uutk8ws] "I take it you are a fellow caf connoisseur? Well, [action:2uutk8ws]she smiles with a laugh,[/action:2uutk8ws] the caf in our lounge will definitely not be the best cup of caf that you'll ever have, but it will be strong. [action:2uutk8ws]Once they reach the lounge, a relatively small room with a kitchenette area, a comfortable, well worn few chairs and sofas and a pair of tables, Hyun Ae walks over to the area where the caf machine is located and, hearing that the machine sounds like it is just at the end of a brewing cycle, says,[/action:2uutk8ws] It looks like we're in luck, someone just made a pot from the sounds of it. [narration:2uutk8ws]Hyun Ae, remembering Elikapeka's anxiety from the other evening, does not stand too close to her and decides it will be better to not build up to the invitation she wants to extend too much to avoid making Elika nervous since she is sure that she will need to take the initiative.[/narration:2uutk8ws] [action:2uutk8ws]When Elikapeka begins pouring and preparing the caf for herself and Miss Jhadav, Hyun Ae smiles and says,[/action:2uutk8ws] So, listen, I really enjoyed meeting and talking with you last night Elikapeka. Since I know you like caf so much now, I was wondering if you'd like to go and get a cup with me tonight? I know this quaint, quiet little caf├â┬® that makes a great Javarican espresso."

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:12 am

*Elikapeka, tugging compulsively at her sleeves as she follows Hyun Ae from the room and towards the lounge, nods when asked if she is a caf fan, smiling when Hyun Ae says that what will be available in the lounge will not be the best cup she has ever had, feeling too nervous to comment verbally.* *Not having dated since Noelani's death, Elika is occupied primarily with trying to work up the courage to give Hyun Ae some kind of sign that she is interested in her as well as with trying to think of exactly what she would do, were she to actually succeed in finding that courage, in order to give that signal and so, as she is pouring two cups of caf and adding sugar and cream to her own, when Hyun Ae makes the first move and asks her out for coffee, Elika is almost as relieved as she is ecstatic and nervous.*

*Smiling a bit nervously, Elika looks up from the cup of coffee she is stirring towards Hyun Ae and stammers,* "Oh, um, that, that, well, I, *she drops the stirrer she had been using in a waste bin, frowning as she says,* I, um, I have to work, *then laughs and says,* Not, not all night though . . . *nodding her head and feeling her cheeks flush, Elika says,* Um, yes, yes, I'd, um, I'd really like that. *Picking up the cup of coffee she made for herself to have something to do with her hands other than fidget with her sleeves, Elika takes a sip and asks,* When, um, when should we meet? At, at the place? For coffee."

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:33 pm

*When Elikapeka first begins speaking, sounding as though she is trying to find a way to decline the invitation, Hyun Ae wonders if she had misinterpreted the signals she thought she had observed and so is relieved when Elikapeka says that she would like to go for caf after all.* *Smiling when Elikapeka finishes speaking, Hyun Ae says,* "Great! I work until six, so why don't we meet at seven? *Taking a notepad from a side pocket of her lab coat, Hyun Ae writes down the name of the caf├â┬® and her personal comlink frequency as she explains,* It's just past the medcenter, five or six blocks on the left. I gave you, *she tears the page from the notepad and holds it out for Elikapeka,* my comm frequency in case anything comes up too."

*Thinking that it will ease Elikapeka's anxiety to avoid dwelling on the moment, Hyun Ae smiles as she says,* "I don't want to take up too much of your time for visiting and should probably get back to work, so, *knowing that she is risking Elikapeka pulling away but willing to risk it in order to give her a clear sign of how excited she is about their plan, Hyun Ae reaches out and gently squeezes Elikapeka's forearm,* I'll see you tonight, OK? I'm looking forward to it," *Hyun Ae says before, after pausing for Elikapeka to reply if she chooses, she makes her way from the lounge to continue on with her rounds, the rest of her day seeming to pass by quickly due to her looking forward to meeting Elikapeka in the evening.*
Previous

Return to Umgul City