Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Open Terrain

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Re: Open Terrain

*Abyss let out a small, almost sarcastic sounding laugh at the reply of Garen's odds. he spoke back to him, outloud this time.*

You have too much faith. plans never go right with us, remember?

I'm a little more...pessimistic I guess. My odds are fourty, sixty-five, one hundred, and zero, in that order.

*Abyss wasn't one to ever trust odds though, so he knew that they really meant nothing. I mean, he was used to just improvising a lot. You kind of have to with this group of people he has grown to known. He casually looked at the signs and scoffed.*

Looks like something you'd see in the catacombs deep beneath the city...

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:47 pm

[quote="Orna Binrax":1okiova5][color=#BF0000:1okiova5]Looks like something you'd see in the catacombs deep beneath the city...[/color:1okiova5][/quote:1okiova5]

[color=#0000BF:1okiova5]"I'm not sure the catacombs would have traps laid all around the entrance though,"[/color:1okiova5] [narration:1okiova5]Nuceria replied.[/narration:1okiova5]

[quote="Garen Laulbrei":1okiova5][color=#FF8000:1okiova5]"Charming, I should consider having a summer home added down here."[/color:1okiova5][action:1okiova5]Garen said with a quirky grin as he stepped over a barrier or two towards the entrance.[/action:1okiova5][/quote:1okiova5]

[narration:1okiova5]Nuceria smirked at Garen's comment and climbed around the barriers, watching her feet for any traps.[/narration:1okiova5]

[color=#0000BF:1okiova5]"I wonder if any of these even work still,"[/color:1okiova5] [narration:1okiova5]she pondered out loud.[/narration:1okiova5]

[color=#000040:1okiova5][i:1okiova5]While I agree that's a great experiment for science, I wouldn't really think it's a good idea.[/i:1okiova5][/color:1okiova5]

[color=#0000BF:1okiova5][i:1okiova5]Oh shut up.[/i:1okiova5][/color:1okiova5]

[narration:1okiova5]Suddenly a thought struck Nuceria.[/narration:1okiova5]

[color=#0000BF:1okiova5]"Hey guys? This is a part of the hospital, right? So, there's still likely to be computers with information about medical things, right?"

[i:1okiova5]Mia, this might not be a huge waste of your time after all.[/i:1okiova5][/color:1okiova5]

Affiliation:

Post Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:12 am

[quote="Orna Binrax":2m8kz4rh][action:2m8kz4rh]Abyss let out a small, almost sarcastic sounding laugh at the reply of Garen's odds. he spoke back to him, outloud this time.[/action:2m8kz4rh]

[color=#BF0000:2m8kz4rh]You have too much faith. plans never go right with us, remember?

I'm a little more...pessimistic I guess. My odds are fourty, sixty-five, one hundred, and zero, in that order.[/color:2m8kz4rh]

[narration:2m8kz4rh]Abyss wasn't one to ever trust odds though, so he knew that they really meant nothing. I mean, he was used to just improvising a lot. You kind of have to with this group of people he has grown to known. He casually looked at the signs and scoffed.[/narration:2m8kz4rh]

[color=#BF0000:2m8kz4rh]Looks like something you'd see in the catacombs deep beneath the city...[/color:2m8kz4rh][/quote:2m8kz4rh]

[action:2m8kz4rh]Garen looked back at him with a grin.[/action:2m8kz4rh]
[color=#FF8000:2m8kz4rh]"That bad eh? Well remind me to not ask you in the future about your outlook on the situation. I prefer my semi-optimistic life style."[/color:2m8kz4rh]
[action:2m8kz4rh]Garen at last stepped over the threshold of the fabled and terrifying vault and...nothing. Nothing happened. Garen threw up his hands as if asking "well?" then dropped them to the side again, he spun on the spot and looked to the others with sarcastic look.[/action:2m8kz4rh][color=#FF8000:2m8kz4rh]"Ooooh yes...soooo scary! I'm tremblin' in my boots here!"[/color:2m8kz4rh]
[action:2m8kz4rh]Garen took another five steps and the grate under his feet snapped and he lost balance for a moment. He stumbled back to his feet and looked down at the grate accusingly.[/action:2m8kz4rh]
[color=#FF8000:2m8kz4rh]"Okay if thats the worst that they can throw at us then those "other soldiers" of Dice's crew must have been severely incompetent."[/color:2m8kz4rh]

[quote="Nuceria Cobalt":2m8kz4rh][quote="Orna Binrax":2m8kz4rh][color=#BF0000:2m8kz4rh]Looks like something you'd see in the catacombs deep beneath the city...[/color:2m8kz4rh][/quote:2m8kz4rh]

[color=#0000BF:2m8kz4rh]"I'm not sure the catacombs would have traps laid all around the entrance though,"[/color:2m8kz4rh] [narration:2m8kz4rh]Nuceria replied.[/narration:2m8kz4rh]

[quote="Garen Laulbrei":2m8kz4rh][color=#FF8000:2m8kz4rh]"Charming, I should consider having a summer home added down here."[/color:2m8kz4rh][action:2m8kz4rh]Garen said with a quirky grin as he stepped over a barrier or two towards the entrance.[/action:2m8kz4rh][/quote:2m8kz4rh]

[narration:2m8kz4rh]Nuceria smirked at Garen's comment and climbed around the barriers, watching her feet for any traps.[/narration:2m8kz4rh]

[color=#0000BF:2m8kz4rh]"I wonder if any of these even work still,"[/color:2m8kz4rh] [narration:2m8kz4rh]she pondered out loud.[/narration:2m8kz4rh]

[color=#000040:2m8kz4rh][i:2m8kz4rh]While I agree that's a great experiment for science, I wouldn't really think it's a good idea.[/i:2m8kz4rh][/color:2m8kz4rh]

[color=#0000BF:2m8kz4rh][i:2m8kz4rh]Oh shut up.[/i:2m8kz4rh][/color:2m8kz4rh]

[narration:2m8kz4rh]Suddenly a thought struck Nuceria.[/narration:2m8kz4rh]

[color=#0000BF:2m8kz4rh]"Hey guys? This is a part of the hospital, right? So, there's still likely to be computers with information about medical things, right?"

[i:2m8kz4rh]Mia, this might not be a huge waste of your time after all.[/i:2m8kz4rh][/color:2m8kz4rh][/quote:2m8kz4rh]

[color=#FF8000:2m8kz4rh]"That is true Nuceria...only problem is finding a source of power. I'm pretty sure the other vault siphoned all the electricity from this one to get things up and running over there. If we find something we can certainly try to get it booted up but again we can't have it be our main focus. we need to find the storage rooms, assess the damage of the equipment and see if anything is salvageable."[/color:2m8kz4rh][action:2m8kz4rh]Garen said starting up a small set of stairs that led out of the vault breezeway and further into its depths.[/action:2m8kz4rh]

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:05 am

*Abyss watched as Garen walked forward and proceeded to tumble over the grate. A small chuckle escaped him as he walked over to Garen.*

You really are missing something here, aren't you ,Garen? *Abyss said while rolling his eyes* They were told that this was a very dangerous place, that they probably wouldn't survive. Not to mention I doubt that any of them have seen any real combat. Psychologically rattled, paranoid, and not to mention going back to deal with Dice...these people are more likely to have either deserted or been so scared that they just fainted, hit their heads and died of the blood loss.

*Abyss kept walking farther ahead, towards the end of the entrance way.* Not to mention that we're a mere 15 feet in the vault.

*Abyss turned his attention to Nuceria, with her comment about the computer systems. He pondered for a moment on why she would ask that.*

Well you know, if we find Hope, she might be able to help as well, being just as good, if not better of a medic and healer than our fine, furry friend here.

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:08 pm

[quote="Garen Laulbrei":3mldboy8][color=#FF8000:3mldboy8]"That is true Nuceria...only problem is finding a source of power. I'm pretty sure the other vault siphoned all the electricity from this one to get things up and running over there. If we find something we can certainly try to get it booted up but again we can't have it be our main focus. we need to find the storage rooms, assess the damage of the equipment and see if anything is salvageable."[/color:3mldboy8][action:3mldboy8]Garen said starting up a small set of stairs that led out of the vault breezeway and further into its depths.[/action:3mldboy8][/quote:3mldboy8]

[color=#0000BF:3mldboy8]"...right, I know. Focus is on salvaging equipment,[/color:3mldboy8]" [narration:3mldboy8]Nuceria replied, feeling her heart sink a little.[/narration:3mldboy8] [color=#0000BF:3mldboy8]"Right."[/color:3mldboy8]

[quote="Orna Binrax":3mldboy8][narration:3mldboy8]Abyss turned his attention to Nuceria, with her comment about the computer systems. He pondered for a moment on why she would ask that.[/narration:3mldboy8]

[color=#BF0000:3mldboy8]Well you know, if we find Hope, she might be able to help as well, being just as good, if not better of a medic and healer than our fine, furry friend here.[/color:3mldboy8][/quote:3mldboy8]

[color=#0000BF:3mldboy8]"Hope... you really think she's down here? How would she have survived this long in here?"[/color:3mldboy8]

[color=#000040:3mldboy8][i:3mldboy8]Never underestimate anyone, Ria.[/i:3mldboy8][/color:3mldboy8]

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:51 am

[quote="Orna Binrax":1coi2qp3][action:1coi2qp3]Abyss watched as Garen walked forward and proceeded to tumble over the grate. A small chuckle escaped him as he walked over to Garen.[/action:1coi2qp3]

[color=#BF0000:1coi2qp3]You really are missing something here, aren't you ,Garen?[/color:1coi2qp3] [action:1coi2qp3]Abyss said while rolling his eyes[/action:1coi2qp3] [color=#BF0000:1coi2qp3]They were told that this was a very dangerous place, that they probably wouldn't survive. Not to mention I doubt that any of them have seen any real combat. Psychologically rattled, paranoid, and not to mention going back to deal with Dice...these people are more likely to have either deserted or been so scared that they just fainted, hit their heads and died of the blood loss.[/color:1coi2qp3]

[action:1coi2qp3]Abyss kept walking farther ahead, towards the end of the entrance way.[/action:1coi2qp3] [color=#BF0000:1coi2qp3]Not to mention that we're a mere 15 feet in the vault.[/color:1coi2qp3]

[narration:1coi2qp3]Abyss turned his attention to Nuceria, with her comment about the computer systems. He pondered for a moment on why she would ask that.[/narration:1coi2qp3]

[color=#BF0000:1coi2qp3]Well you know, if we find Hope, she might be able to help as well, being just as good, if not better of a medic and healer than our fine, furry friend here.[/color:1coi2qp3][/quote:1coi2qp3]

[color=#FF8000:1coi2qp3]"I'm not so sure Abyss...those other soldiers when we fell in seemed to have a plenty of experience, after all there are still the other creatures and other tribes or gangs down here, plus looters and more. I think there might be something else that had Dice's old crew preventing them from returning after entering this place."[/color:1coi2qp3][action:1coi2qp3]Garen stated looking around at the rusted pipes and faded paint along the walls.[/action:1coi2qp3]

[action:1coi2qp3]Garen continued on ahead, taking every corner with caution and exploring the depths to their full extent, he wish he still had the map from way back when of these tunnels, that would make their trip a bit easier for sure. As Abyss' compliment of his wife then scowled at his over-praise of her.[/action:1coi2qp3]
[color=#FF8000:1coi2qp3]"Hey! Come on now! Give me a little credit! I'd say we are at least on par with each other in that aspect!"[/color:1coi2qp3][action:1coi2qp3]Garen snapped.[/action:1coi2qp3]

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 am

[quote="Nuceria Cobalt":2q760xaa][quote="Garen Laulbrei":2q760xaa][color=#FF8000:2q760xaa]"That is true Nuceria...only problem is finding a source of power. I'm pretty sure the other vault siphoned all the electricity from this one to get things up and running over there. If we find something we can certainly try to get it booted up but again we can't have it be our main focus. we need to find the storage rooms, assess the damage of the equipment and see if anything is salvageable."[/color:2q760xaa][action:2q760xaa]Garen said starting up a small set of stairs that led out of the vault breezeway and further into its depths.[/action:2q760xaa][/quote:2q760xaa]

[color=#0000BF:2q760xaa]"...right, I know. Focus is on salvaging equipment,[/color:2q760xaa]" [narration:2q760xaa]Nuceria replied, feeling her heart sink a little.[/narration:2q760xaa] [color=#0000BF:2q760xaa]"Right."[/color:2q760xaa]

[quote="Orna Binrax":2q760xaa][narration:2q760xaa]Abyss turned his attention to Nuceria, with her comment about the computer systems. He pondered for a moment on why she would ask that.[/narration:2q760xaa]

[color=#BF0000:2q760xaa]Well you know, if we find Hope, she might be able to help as well, being just as good, if not better of a medic and healer than our fine, furry friend here.[/color:2q760xaa][/quote:2q760xaa]

[color=#0000BF:2q760xaa]"Hope... you really think she's down here? How would she have survived this long in here?"[/color:2q760xaa]

[color=#000040:2q760xaa][i:2q760xaa]Never underestimate anyone, Ria.[/i:2q760xaa][/color:2q760xaa][/quote:2q760xaa]

[color=#FF8000:2q760xaa]"Don't worry Nuceria, first terminal we come across, I'd feel much safer with you messing with it than myself, one of the reasons I'm glad you came with us on this mission, your tech wizardry is very impressive, if anyone can gather data logs from old terminals in this group, I'm pretty sure it would be you!"[/color:2q760xaa]

[action:2q760xaa]Garen grinned in thought of Hope.[/action:2q760xaa]

[color=#FF8000:2q760xaa]"Oh if I know Hope, and I would like to think that being her husband, I know she would be able to survive down her quite longer than most. I have the utmost Faith that she is still alive...somehow."[/color:2q760xaa][action:2q760xaa]Garen said then once again began scouting around corners carefully.[/action:2q760xaa]

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:15 pm

[quote="Garen Laulbrei":1ly7f4y2][color=#FF8000:1ly7f4y2]"I'm not so sure Abyss...those other soldiers when we fell in seemed to have a plenty of experience, after all there are still the other creatures and other tribes or gangs down here, plus looters and more. I think there might be something else that had Dice's old crew preventing them from returning after entering this place."[/color:1ly7f4y2][action:1ly7f4y2]Garen stated looking around at the rusted pipes and faded paint along the walls.[/action:1ly7f4y2]

[action:1ly7f4y2]Garen continued on ahead, taking every corner with caution and exploring the depths to their full extent, he wish he still had the map from way back when of these tunnels, that would make their trip a bit easier for sure. As Abyss' compliment of his wife then scowled at his over-praise of her.[/action:1ly7f4y2]
[color=#FF8000:1ly7f4y2]"Hey! Come on now! Give me a little credit! I'd say we are at least on par with each other in that aspect!"[/color:1ly7f4y2][action:1ly7f4y2]Garen snapped.[/action:1ly7f4y2][/quote:1ly7f4y2]

[action:1ly7f4y2]Abyss, in contrast to Garen's cautious and thorough approach, was lax and just kept walking as though nothing was really wrong with this place. He shook his head at Garen's snap at him, still following his lead.[/action:1ly7f4y2]

[color=#BF0000:1ly7f4y2]Garen, we're in-laws. Its kind of like a requirement to make it seem like Hope married down. Don't take it too personally. However, her skills in a combat situation are sublime when it comes to healing and treating wounded. Longer, more drawn out procedures aren't exactly her forte. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that your specialty? More of a doctor than a medic, right?[/color:1ly7f4y2]

[narration:1ly7f4y2]Abyss continued to walk casually, passing Garen as he rounded a corner. As relaxed as his movements seemed, his eyes were darting around everywhere, looking for some sign of the woman he calls a sister. Trying to recall the many games of cat-and-mouse they had in the past. He stopped and turned to his companions.[/narration:1ly7f4y2]

[color=#BF0000:1ly7f4y2]It may be a little more difficult finding Hope than we think. While she is skilled as a medic, she also can be considered a huntress.[/color:1ly7f4y2] [action:1ly7f4y2]Abyss smirked a bit[/action:1ly7f4y2] [color=#BF0000:1ly7f4y2]She tends to ambush her foes, not letting them see her coming at all. If we consider [i:1ly7f4y2]her[/i:1ly7f4y2] the reason the soldiers don't come back, it tends to make some sense right?[/color:1ly7f4y2]

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:56 am

"I suppose thats true. My expertise was more the detailed and longer procedures, a field medic I'm not. I think thats partial what drew me to her, similar professions, yet we could learn new things from each other."*Garen muttered with a slight grin, recalling many times that he had worked with his wife before they had gotten married, both on the battlefield and within a hospital setting.*
*Garen then grimaced at the assumption Abyss made about the missing soldiers.**

"I'd rather not consider that a possible reason Abyss. I'd like to think that Hope relinquished most of her killer tendencies following our marriage. Sure she was still a fighter and I was glad for that, but a killer? No, I suspect that she would never take a life unless they truly deserved it."
*Abruptly, Garen's ears started to twitch, picking up on something that the other two were not able to hear. He stopped in his steps and looked back the way they came.*
"What is...it sounds like a...Oh...Sithspit! He wouldn't dare!"*Garen said his voice growing more concerned as he started to race back to the entrance.*
"BACK! BACK TO THE ENTRANCE! MOVE IT NOW!"*Garen shouted to the two other group members.*

*Garen managed to turn the last corner leading to the second vault entrance just in time to see none other than Dice typing in the last key on the command console outside the vault. A rotating emergency light and warning klaxon rang out and glared in the darkness as the heavy blast and bomb proof durasteel door started to slide shut on its rusted track, screaming with age. Meanwhile Dice took out a handheld blaster and shot the console, disabling it for good. He looked up as Garen watched with horror and gave a maniacal grin and a little wave.

Dice was locking them inside the vault...for good.*

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:18 am

"It's nice to know that you two think we won't get ambushed by Hope. I think I've had my share of catfights in bars enough," *Nuceria said with a silly grin.*

*She was nearly knocked over as Garen raced back to the entrance. After regaining her balalnce, she ran after Garen and caught a glimpse of Dice as the door closed on them. She ran to the door, giving it a hard kick.*

"OPEN THIS kriff DOOR YOU PIECE OF Sithspit!" *she screamed at Dice through the door.* "YOU ARE GOING TO DIE A VERY HORRIBLE DEATH IF YOU DON'T, AND I WILL FIND A WAY OUT OF THIS PLACE EVEN IF I HAVE TO SAW OFF MY LEGS TO DO IT!"

*She pounded on the door ineffectually, screaming bloody murder.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:59 am

*Hearing Garen's call, Abyss ran back to see Dice closing the door. However, once he saw that the door was shut, he stopped in his tracks, several meters behind the others and sighed. Unfortunately, it was a little harder to see.The vault's power wasn't working well and there went their only form of lighting.*

Great...this ought to be a fun time. Stumbling in the dark...who am I, Lottie? *Abyss realized what he said a little too late and realized it was probably a very poor choice of words. Making fun of the blind usually doesn't go over well.*

Guys, save your energy and lets try to find a way out later. For now, we need to focus on the main problem. Not to mention turning on the lights.
Previous

Return to Wayland's Terrain