Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Open Terrain

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Re: Open Terrain

*Ashlyn's GPE-7300 flies down to the planet of Ziost. Ashlyn moves a strand of hair out of her face as she carefully pilots the ship, still scanning for a safe place to land on the ice, as close as possible to where she wanted to be. The ruin was around a few kilometers ahead of where she finally landed. Turning off the engines and main systems, Ashlyn donned her Thermosuit, Survival gear, and got the Heatbeam she had acquired for the purpose of getting through the ice. Attaching the heatbeam to a power pack on her belt she turned it on and made sure it was operational.**Ashlyn leveled the heatbeam and pointed it at the ground away from the ramp of her ship.**The aftereffects was a gaping hole in the ice covered ground. Ashlyn smiled happily and turned the heatbeam off, walking down the ramp of her ship and moving due north-east, where the map had led her. *She glanced at her wrist-mounted datapad and looked at the picture again.* There was a picture given to her by a former Rodian, of a stone structure poking out of the ice. Looking up from her datapad she saw a couple dozen yards ahead of her the same stone structure, or at least the part that was poking up from the ice. She could feel the darkness coming from the place, and she liked it.**Ashlyn again lowered the heatbeam and let it charge up. She fired into the ice, burning her way through the ice, and to the larger section of the structure under the ice, burning a new entrance into it as well.**Ashlyn looked over the edge of the hole and unslung her pack with her rope.*

*Ashlyn tied the end of the rope to a dead but sturdy tree, and tossed the rest down the hole leading down.**Attaching herself to the rope, Ashlyn began sliding down carefully. Her boots dug into the ice, sending tiny bits down to the stone floor. Ashlyn looked down, something she regretted, but it did not deter her. When she rested her boots on solid ground once more she was relieved, and took out a portable C-beam, and began looking around the structure.*

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:56 am

*Akribos was wandering the frozen wastes, as he had since he deemed the tower useless to himself. He was unsure of why he wandered, or what exactly he was looking for, but he felt it in the Force. Something pulling, gnawing even, at him, begging to be found somewhere on Ziost. When he heard a ship fly overhead, and land roughly two miles away, that feeling was put on hold.

"What would anyone be doing in this choobies end of the galaxy?" he wondered. He could feel the woman's presence in the Force before he even got over the hill to see her ship. When he got to the top, he sat down, in the snow, and simply watched from a distance, suppressing his own presence to within a few feet of himself. "Melting away my ice?! I need that for drinks! That nemoidian." he thought.

Jumping to his feet, Akribos began to storm off towards her ship, and the hole she had made in the ice. Then he saw her climb in, and the curiosity grew. Now she was going after his dirt too? It wasn't tolerable. As he moved closer to her ship, he drew one of several knives, and with a quick flick, tossed it and cut her climbing rope. As he approached the edge of the hole, he drew both of his scorpion blades, and leaped into the hole, using the Force to cushion his landing.

All she would see was a figure that looked more like a silhouette then a man. None of Akribos' skin was visible. Even his hair was hidden under a layer of black clothing. The only thing standing out were the silver shine of his serrated blades. Even his voice would sound almost ghostly, as if she were simply seeing things. But letting his presence flare up in the Force, even one without the Force would know, this was no mental trick.*

Who the hell are you? Speak, quickly, or join so many dead her on Ziost.

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:10 pm

*Ashlyn was a good ways into the ruins before the hair stood up on her neck. She had a strange feeling about something. Of course it wasn't so strange to her, she was in an old stone structure under ice that emanated the Dark Sider. She was a practitioner of the Dark Side, but it wasn't that that was bothering her. She held her breath for a moment, and then she felt it. Someone, but she could not tell where and who. She persisted for a few more steps before she stopped and turned, to face someone behind her who was speaking threats instead of acting first. Her eyes went to the heatbeam on her wrist to check the weapon, but she was careful not to let her head move, to try and hide the quick check of the charge. Ashlyn decided it was best to shoot and ask questions later, but she needed to buy herself a few seconds. She hid her Dark presence, trying to throw off the man into thinking she was not skilled in the Force. It was a dangerous game to play the ignorant, however, but the risk was worth the benefit.*

"There is no need for threats. I am simply searching for an old Sith artifact. It's taken me years to find its location, and I can't let anyone stop me now."

*Ashlyn quickly lifted her hand and aimed the heatbeam, firing the old weapon.**There was a sputter and a few sparks that flew when the heatbeam tried to fire, and then the light of the barrel went dark. The almost mad looking smile on Ashlyn's lips disappeared slowly at the surprise of not seeing this being turn to dust, and she took a step back, and began drawing on the Force, getting ready to attack.*

"Do not interfere with my business. I would suggest leaving and never mentioning anything you saw here."
Previous

Return to Ziost Terrian