Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Coruscant's Underworld

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Thu May 31, 2012 12:21 am

Re: Coruscant's Underworld

*Jace looked up from his glass to see the armored figure that he assumed was Sam walk in. But something about him wasn't right. Not in the least. He stretched his senses out and picked up on Myranda before she walked into the bar.* *So this was Sam after all, suited up in a newer suit of armor. But something about him was vastly different. This wasn't the same Force signature that he had detected before, which would imply some drastic change that may have happened since he set foot on Coruscant. He mentally reached out and for a second and touched what he thought was his mind.* << Is... is that still you Sam? >>

*But his attention was quickly diverted as Mack introduced his posse. Jace resisted the urge to groan out loud in protest as they all stepped forward. More potential threats, and all under the command of the craziest man present. This day was getting better and better.* *He took a sip from his glass and scanned over the newcomers.* *And as he did, he sized them up and assigned them priorities. The first to go would have to be Mack and Vema. Mack was the ringleader as well as a loose blaster, and one didn't simply run with a crew like this while being that gorgeous without having a few tricks up her sleeve. If the captain and Dante didn't ice Mack, then Jace would and follow it up with taking her out. He'd regret putting a slug between those emerald pools that she called eyes before moving onto the other three.

And then there's the Wookiee. He wouldn't even bother gunning for that one, seeing how a Verpine pistol and a Westar blaster wouldn't do squat against that behemoth. Hence why he was glad that Sam had arrived, especially with Frend in tow. He refocused and connected with Sam.*
<< If things get out of hand and we are pitted against this other crew, I need you to take out the Wookiee. >> *He noticed that Frend was staring intently at Fel.* << And if you can, discreetly tell Frend that he needs to focus on the rest of the crew. I've got the lunatic at the bar and the 'tall piece of tail' covered. >>

*With at least a few of their bases covered, Jace was comfortable turning around to face Dante as he started to offer them all a very interesting job. He couldn't help but smirk ever-so-slightly before taking another sip from his glass.* *Dante was always one for theatrics.* *He listened intently to the details his old friend offered while keeping Mack in his peripherals...* *...and was impressed with Fel when the two started to negotiate and he got the price up to half a million while keeping Mack and his crew separate from their side of the deal. Not to mention keeping the apparently lost 'Doctor' at bay when he thought it would be a good idea to butt in on this conversation. He couldn't have had any experience with this sort of thing. Probably for the best that he went to a separate booth, especially now that Sam was behind Mack's crew when the deal was being finalized.*

*Jace took another light sip from his glass, looking from the doctor and Sam back to Dante with Mack in his periphs'. And in the back of his mind, he wondered one last thing: What was in the crate that was so important?*

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:19 am

[quote="Dante Deveaux":1zxw5k25][action:1zxw5k25]Turning to Fel, Dante walked back to the captain, and very pointedly took his hand off his sword.[/action:1zxw5k25]

"...Thank you for sparing my friend of his over sight. There aren't many down here that would do that. I'll concede with your demand of half a million, mostly out of reparations for said oversight, and partly to assuage your nervousness."

[action:1zxw5k25]Dante sighed then, and picked up a bottle of alcohol.[/action:1zxw5k25]

"Now. If business is concluded? Id very much like to drink now."[/quote:1zxw5k25]

[narration:1zxw5k25]Fel cracked his neck, first to the left, then to the right, shaking tension out of his shoulders, before smirking and popping the top off a fresh bottle. He poured a small amount into his glass, and an equal amount into a second glass, which he slid across the bar to Dante.[/narration:1zxw5k25]

Then it's settled. Wouldn't want to keep a man from his drink. We'll leave as soon as you and the good Doctor are ready. Sub-Level 33, Bay C14. If that's all for the time being, I'll see you there. Have your cargo crate loaded onto a repulsor-skiff, and my droids will see to loading it aboard. You have my word, only you and I will see its contents.

[action:1zxw5k25]Fel extended a hand to seal the deal. Turning, he almost ran head-long into 'Frend,' who had been standing almost directly behind him[/action:1zxw5k25]

...don't remember putting a wall here, friend. [action:1zxw5k25]patting the droid on a forearm and pressing past him, to rejoin the rest of the group. Quietly, to Karana[/action:1zxw5k25]

...back to the UA. Get Wrench to clear the hold. Frend can help. The cargo crate sits in the UA. IUntil we know what we're dealing with, I don't want anyone so much as breathing on it. [action:1zxw5k25]quietly, to Jace[/action:1zxw5k25] I want to know everything there is to know about our employer in an hour. Name, rank, serial number, inseam length, what he eats for breakfast -- everything. The Doctor, too. That ship you brought Raggedy Ann and Andy in -- where's it berthed? What is it? Any chance it'll be useful? ...and come to think of it, where are the Raggedy's? [action:1zxw5k25]quietly, to Sam[/action:1zxw5k25] ...have Aoife tail our new friedns. [i:1zxw5k25]quietly[/i:1zxw5k25]. Can you and Myranda police up Wade and Liya and meet back at the UA ASAP? Keep in touch, yeah?

Let's go.

[narration:1zxw5k25]The group began to move. Everyone was well-versed in what was needed of them, and what was at stake. Fel didn't even need to say anything twice. Passing by Mack and his group, Fel nodded a pleasant greeting at the man and his crew.[/narration:1zxw5k25]

Mack -- keep in touch. See you the next time we're in your 'hood.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:16 pm

*A handshake, a nod, a draught of whiskey; and like that, the deal was sealed.*

"We're ready to leave immediately. Or so I presume - I'll have to check with the doctor to be sure."

*There was nothing more to say; turning, Dante slowly walked to the booth that Daniel was sitting in.*

"The deal is sealed. Are you ready to go?"

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:16 pm

*A handshake, a nod, a draught of whiskey; and like that, the deal was sealed.*

"We're ready to leave immediately. Or so I presume - I'll have to check with the doctor to be sure."

*There was nothing more to say; turning, Dante slowly walked to the booth that Daniel was sitting in.*

"The deal is sealed. Are you ready to go?"

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:20 pm

[b:3mprzqlw]{ At the bar - The [color=#FF0000:3mprzqlw]Dodger[/color:3mprzqlw] }[/b:3mprzqlw]

[quote="Jace Stealer":3mprzqlw][force_speak:3mprzqlw]Is... is that still you Sam?[/force_speak:3mprzqlw][/quote:3mprzqlw]
[force_speak:3mprzqlw][color=#00FFFF:3mprzqlw]Always is, and always will be, Jace.[/color:3mprzqlw][/force_speak:3mprzqlw]

[quote="Jace Stealer":3mprzqlw][force_speak:3mprzqlw]If things get out of hand and we are pitted against this other crew, I need you to take out the Wookiee. And if you can, discreetly tell Frend that he needs to focus on the rest of the crew. I've got the lunatic at the bar and the 'tall piece of tail' covered.[/force_speak:3mprzqlw][/quote:3mprzqlw]
[force_speak:3mprzqlw][color=#00FFFF:3mprzqlw]Don't worry. Frend's scanners and sensors are working even if he isn't "looking" at them.[/color:3mprzqlw][/force_speak:3mprzqlw]

[color=#FFBF00:3mprzqlw]Sam observed the mysterious man curiously, and would have blinked if he was still capable of it, because he could have sworn he was experiencing Deja Vu, or that the man spoke and acted out the same thing twice! Whatever the occurence, the Ageless let it pass as a minor case of in-game mechanics on alchohol, or some creative writer with a tendency to overclick his/her mouse. Deciding to focus on the task at hand, Sam examines Daniel's wound, and on the pretense of using some newfangled medical invention (the light from his palm repulsor cannons), he draws on the Force, letting it flow into the young [i:3mprzqlw]Adhartim[/i:3mprzqlw], gently sealing up the wound in a better fashion than the man's own attempts to sew his skin up.[/color:3mprzqlw]

[comlink:3mprzqlw][color=#00FFFF:3mprzqlw]There, the healing rays should help speed you on your way to a complete recovery in no time. We have some bacta fluids that we can use as well to improve the healing more, and even remove the scars.[/color:3mprzqlw][/comlink:3mprzqlw]

[quote="Galdaart Fel":3mprzqlw][action:3mprzqlw]quietly, to Sam[/action:3mprzqlw] ...have Aoife tail our new friends. [i:3mprzqlw]quietly[/i:3mprzqlw]. Can you and Myranda police up Wade and Liya and meet back at the UA ASAP? Keep in touch, yeah?[/quote:3mprzqlw]
[color=#FFBF00:3mprzqlw]Sam doesn't turn to respond, the captain knows he can expect him and his wife to follow instructions. He Sends quietly to Aoife, passing on Galdaart Fel's instructions, and the half-Fairyn quietly slinks out of the bar. Once she's outside, and out of sight of anybody, the girl gathers the Force around herself and does a quick sense to make sure absolutely no attention is given to her, and then she shrinks...all the way back down to her six-inch tall Fairyn form. Careful not to make her usual tinkling sounds and spraying glitterdust everywhere, Aoife takes into the air and hovers out of sight, watching the bar, waiting for her targets to leave, so that she can tail them, high in the sky and out of sight.[/color:3mprzqlw]

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:53 pm

[quote="Seros Darklighter":8o6thkbr][color=#00BF80:8o6thkbr]Docked on the tunnel platform was a service tug transport, lit with a red strobe on both fore and aft sections, with yellow bars coming up just above waist level from the standing platform. Seros boarded the lift, leaving plenty of room for Wade to board behind him. The docks were dead ahead of them, just a few degree higher in altitude. He engaged the startup sequence, and let Wade take the controls to guide them to the cantina.[/color:8o6thkbr][/quote:8o6thkbr]
[color=#FF8000:8o6thkbr][i:8o6thkbr]Worst. Mistake.[/i:8o6thkbr] Ever. [i:8o6thkbr]Period.[/i:8o6thkbr][/color:8o6thkbr] [size=85:8o6thkbr]"Your funeral..."[/size:8o6thkbr] [color=#FF8000:8o6thkbr][i:8o6thkbr]Wade said under his breath as Seros stepped aside and motioned for him to take the controls. It wasn't that he'd never tried to learn, he just couldn't seem to get the feel of controlling something that wasn't his own body.[/i:8o6thkbr][/color:8o6thkbr]

[quote="Seros Darklighter":8o6thkbr][color=#00BF80:8o6thkbr]He finished his thought promptly as he stepped aside, leaning back on the railing to catch his reprieve.[/color:8o6thkbr] "..Haven't had a good challenge like that since my days back on Yavin."

[color=#00BF80:8o6thkbr]Seros took off his gloves for a moment to let his sweaty hands air out from all the grabbing and gripping poles and ledges.[/color:8o6thkbr] "Fancy a rematch?" [color=#00BF80:8o6thkbr]he eyed the back of Wade's dark hair, eagerly awaiting his response.[/color:8o6thkbr][/quote:8o6thkbr]
"Maybe later, if you survive." [i:8o6thkbr][color=#FF8000:8o6thkbr]Wade said with a smile, just before grabbing the controls and nudging the tug forward, which for Wade meant a full-on lurch that stopped abruptly thirty feet from the platform.[/color:8o6thkbr][/i:8o6thkbr] "You might wanna hold onto something." [i:8o6thkbr][color=#FF8000:8o6thkbr]And without further ado, the craft dropped twenty feet then rocketed up fifty before once again lurching forward and toward the cantina.[/color:8o6thkbr][/i:8o6thkbr]

[i:8o6thkbr][color=#FF8000:8o6thkbr]Almost an hour later, enough time to have already covered the distance on foot, twice, the tug found itself barreling toward the level the cantina was on, or rather toward a point seven feet below the edge of that level.[/color:8o6thkbr][/i:8o6thkbr] "Screw it.... JUMP!" [i:8o6thkbr][color=#FF8000:8o6thkbr]Forsaking any further attempt at piloting the unfortunate craft, Wade, and thankfully Seros as well, leaped off the out of control vehicle and flew over the railing on the edge of the level, tucking into a roll as the tug impacted and exploded on the wall beneath them.[/color:8o6thkbr][/i:8o6thkbr]

"Next time, you drive." [i:8o6thkbr][color=#FF8000:8o6thkbr]Sprawled out on the duracrete, Wade turned his head to the side so he could see Seros as he spoke, then rolled over, got to his feet, and brushed himself off.[/color:8o6thkbr][/i:8o6thkbr] "Come on. Cantina's this way." [i:8o6thkbr][color=#FF8000:8o6thkbr]And two blocks and a corner farther on, the cantina came into sight, along with a much, much larger Aoife than Wade remembered, who quickly ducked into an alley and had disappeared by the time they reached it. He was about to investigate further, or at least take a look around the alley to make sure she hadn't been kidnapped, when a clearly agitated Karana all but stalked out of the cantina into the street, apparently fuming at whatever had happened inside.[/color:8o6thkbr][/i:8o6thkbr] "You okay, Malora?" [i:8o6thkbr][color=#FF8000:8o6thkbr]Even as he asked the question, his eyes shifted toward the cantina entrance and windows, searching for whatever it was that had gotten under her skin. He was fairly certain it wasn't the dead bodies that littered the street, she'd seen more than her fair share of violence and never been phased by it, so it must have been something else.[/color:8o6thkbr][/i:8o6thkbr]

[i:8o6thkbr][color=#FF8000:8o6thkbr]But before he could get into the bar and figure out what, an ear-piercing scream echoed down the street from somewhere north of where they stood, but clearly on the same level, quickly followed by another, then another, and another until they were almost non-stop and a flood of beings came surging down the street.[/color:8o6thkbr][/i:8o6thkbr] "...the hell?"[i:8o6thkbr] [color=#FF8000:8o6thkbr]Wade's consternation wasn't directed at the crowds, but rather the dark, writhing mass that drove them, and was steadily overtaking them. Hideous creatures, some flying, some crawling or running on all fours, but all cutting through the crowd like so many nerfs in a gundark nest.[/color:8o6thkbr][/i:8o6thkbr]

[i:8o6thkbr][color=#FF8000:8o6thkbr]It took all of half a second for the slender black staff collapsed into the sheath on Wade's back to find its way into his hand, where it promptly extended to it's full length and began to emit a low hum. With his blaster as damaged as it was, he'd left it in the warehouse where he had fought the runners, so he would have to rely solely on the staff and his knives. Then, somewhere on the edge of his focus, he heard Malora say something under her breath that sounded like "jekk", then unmistakably shouted the word for all to hear. Followed immediately by emptying her blaster into the oncoming horde.[/color:8o6thkbr][/i:8o6thkbr]

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:19 pm

::: Coruscant Police. We have you surrounded. Come out with your hands up and no one gets hurt. :::

*The words from the police loudspeaker echoed through my head, taunting me, accusing me, mocking me for breaking from my usual protocol. There could be no question now, I had definitely lingered too long, and the final mistake had been not finishing the fight and fleeing the area as soon as I'd been discovered. The amount of light and noise from the first floor ruled out any sort of suicidal bum rush, no matter how unexpected that would have been. The police just had too many advantages for me to catch all of them by surprise. So what could I do? My eyes flicked the the front of the store, where the small windows were obscured by heavy metal bars.*

*The first part was obvious. I was going to have to buy myself some time. Where was the mysterious thief I had been fighting, anyway? I looked around for him, and finally spotted him crouching in the shadows of a massive shipping crate, frozen in terror, his feet taking root among the soaked boxes and cartons and broken glass and spilled blood that littered the floor. Setting my jaw, I took two steps forward, and flashed a blaster in his face. That got his attention.* "Come here." *I barked in a low voice as he raised his hands defensively. His eyes were bulging almost out of his face.*

"What - what do you want? Pl-Please don't kill me." *The man begged, holding his hands above his shoulders, palms out and open where I could see him. Smart decision on his part. Maybe he wasn't as dumb as I'd initially thought.* "I'll do anything -- anything!" *He paused, but I didn't say anything. I didn't have to. We all knew time was running out, and he had to know I was his only hope to escape a long prison sentence. If he was hiding anything, I was about to hear all his secrets.* "We weren't following you, ma'am. I swear. We didn't know you were here. The safe's all yours." *His voice cracked as I backed him away from the stairwell into the rear of the store, where the safe and his stunned cohort were located.* "Just let me go."

*I could hear the police moving into the first floor, albeit with an understandable level of caution. They'd heard the fight on the second floor. That didn't mean there wasn't a heavily armed lookout hiding downstairs. I was surprised that they had gotten inside so easily. Apparently my rival burglars had left an entrance open behind them. Sloppy. But I was beginning to get an idea.* "Fine. Do exactly as I tell you, and neither of you gets hurt." *Reaching down, I picked up the cutting torch that one of the thieves had dropped.* "Go watch the stairwell and tell me what you can see." *His eyes widened.* "And --- start pushing those crates." *I pointed to a precariously balanced pile.* "Down the stairs until it's completely blocked. Got it?" *He nodded wordlessly and almost ran into place. Good. Very good.*

*It was a risk. He might decide to jump me as soon as I turned my back. But since I'd disarmed him, it was an acceptable risk. Any escape was going to take two people. There was no way one person could cut through enough window bars to jump before the police forced their way upstairs. He might wish that he was the one doing the cutting and I was the one risking capture to defend our backs, but he was apparently smart enough not to waste time challenging me. Besides, if he did try anything, he had to know he was going to take a live cutting torch to the face. That'd be a horrible way to go out. Much worse than rotting in a Coruscanti prison.*

*All senses on heightened alert, I scanned the windows. The front two were completely lit up with the police spotlight, but the side windows were only partially illuminated by the standard street-level glow panels. Picking a side window at random, I got to work, hoping the glow wouldn't be noticed from the street until it was too late. One bar gave way, and then a second. It would only take two more, I figured. I hear several thumps behind me, and then a terrific crash of breaking glass, and a horrible scream from somewhere below us. I grinned.*

::: This is your last warning. Come out with your hands up, or we start shooting. :::

*Bring it on, I muttered under my breath, as a third bar came loose. My initial shock at the suddenness of the police arrival had turned to calm determination. I was not going to go down. Not here. Not like this. I was too smart to get picked up for simple robbery. I had a job and a crew waiting for me, and I was going to get back to them, if I had to shoot an entire legion of police to get there.*

"Uh, ma'am?" *I heard the stranger's worried voice.* "They're about to --- Ahhh!" *A sudden burst of blaster fire shredded through the crates and boxes clogging the stairwell, and began bouncing off the ceiling.* "Heeeelp!"

*I stopped cutting the fourth bar, and looked out the window at the street fifteen feet below us. The dirty cobblestones and half-light looked much more welcoming than they had an hour ago, mostly because the side street was nearly empty. A few lone policemen were standing in groups looking up, but they clearly hadn't yet imagined that someone might actually break out this way. The liquor store was just as hard to break out of as it had been to break into. It was a pretty big drop, but I couldn't wait any longer. I glanced back over my shoulder, and threw the hot cutting torch into the biggest puddle of alcohol I could see, then pulled my shoulders together and dove through the window. The poor chap behind me was on his own. Trust in the underworld only went so far, and I owed him nothing. If he was smart, he would either follow me out the window as fast as he could, or surrender before he got shot.*

*There was a scrape as my shoulder plates barely fit through the small opening, and then I was free. But it was only temporary freedom. As it turned out, setting the fire was the worst thing I could have done. As I dropped below the window sill, I heard shows, and saw faces turned up, pointing to the flickering glow I had just left behind me. And those upturned faces contained eyes and mouths. Eyes which quickly shifted focus to the tall, heavily armored figure free-falling from the second story window. Mouths which shouted in surprise and excitement. And below them, fingers and weapons that pointed upward.*

*And then my luck ran out. A shadowy figure ran into my field of vision, and lifted a long black pole with four pointed ends on it. Zap! A sickly yellow energy field exploded from the end of the weapon, and expanded outward and upward into a tangled mesh. The stun net caught up with me before I even had time to return fire with my drawn blasters. I clenched my teeth, flailing my arms and legs as I tried to avoid entrapment and fought hard to stay awake, but it was no use. Within seconds, everything went pitch black, and I fell to the street in an unconscious heap.*

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:24 pm

├óÔé¼┼ôJEKK!!!├óÔé¼┬Ø she screamed. Y├óÔé¼Ôäóknow, just in case no one in the bar could hear the eardrum shredding shrieks as the creatures swarmed towards the building.

Swarming. Like angry bees. Everywhere. They were here, and they were everywhere.

There was literally no time to think about this. Like everything else that had happened the past few months, there was no time, no two minutes to form some sort of plan, no time to wonder how they'd found her and her friends again, no time to make sure you had cover and that your blaster was still in your holster (it was). There were Jekk in front of you. Running was not possible this time. You fight. Or you panic and die, if you want, but who├óÔé¼Ôäós into that?

It took Karana all of two seconds to empty her mind and let reaction take over. Ignoring the urge to backpedle, she planted herself to the side of the bar door and let her blaster rip, Jekk heads bursting as her bolts made perfect impact. Her vision tunneled, and there was nothing else, no Wade, no Mack, no disgusting Underworld. Nothing but killing Jekk. She even forgot about Dazac. Her muscles, instead of stiffening with fear, relaxed into the fight, and her mind was refreshingly blank. She felt oddly at ease, despite the fact that she was facing an army of mutant creatures. The anguish she├óÔé¼Ôäód kept locked in her mind just drained away, replaced with a comfortable nothingness that soothed her raw spirit. Her brows went flat in unburdened concentration.

And she pulled the trigger over and over, dropping Jekk in both forms, mind as clear as a water crystal.

She'd found it. This was Karana├óÔé¼Ôäós escape.

Post Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:52 pm

[quote="Taralorn Melvarrik":1wgaan14][color=#FFBF00:1wgaan14]He approaches Daniel and draws his attention by touching him on his uninjured arm.[/color:1wgaan14] [force_speak:1wgaan14][color=#00FFFF:1wgaan14]Listen well, [i:1wgaan14]Adhartim[/i:1wgaan14] Daniel,[/color:1wgaan14][/force_speak:1wgaan14] [color=#FFBF00:1wgaan14]he says through the Force,[/color:1wgaan14] [force_speak:1wgaan14][color=#00FFFF:1wgaan14]Fear not, I am speaking in the mind and only you can hear me, as I can likewise hear you. You need only concentrate on wanting to speak to me privately to enable it.[/color:1wgaan14][/force_speak:1wgaan14]

[comlink:1wgaan14][color=#00FFFF:1wgaan14]I am Sergio ├óÔé¼╦£Sam├óÔé¼Ôäó Ghomesz,[/color:1wgaan14][/comlink:1wgaan14] [color=#FFBF00:1wgaan14]he says out loud,[/color:1wgaan14] [comlink:1wgaan14][color=#00FFFF:1wgaan14]You can call me Sam. I├óÔé¼Ôäóm a field doctor, mind if I see your arm? Maybe I can fix it up a little better.[/color:1wgaan14][/comlink:1wgaan14]

[force_speak:1wgaan14][color=#00FFFF:1wgaan14]Be assured, Daniel, that you shall find no better crew than ours to take you where you may need. But also be calm, and hold your peace, the captain is not exactly the most patient of men, but he means well, in his own way.[/color:1wgaan14][/force_speak:1wgaan14][/quote:1wgaan14]
Daniel looked around as the ironclad man touched his arm. He was then amazed by the way the man had projected his thoughts into his mind and knew immediately that he must be Jedi of some sort. It was an experience that Daniel had never before taken part of. But what the Doctor thought was more fascinating was the man's use of the word "Adhartim," he immediately began wondering if this was a language but it was unlike any language he had heard before so this made him wonder if it was a code or slang of some sort. In either case it was something he would like to discuss further as languages and dialects were among his favorite things to discuss and learn. He furrowed his brow and smiled, [color=#00BF00:1wgaan14]"Adhartim?"[/color:1wgaan14] He asked curiously before he realized that he was being rude and stood to greet the man, [color=#00BF00:1wgaan14]"My apologies Sam, I'm Dr. Daniel Logan."[/color:1wgaan14] He smiled and reached out to offer a friendly handshake. [color=#00BF00:1wgaan14]"I must say it is certainly a pleasure to see another doctor here. I'm curious though,"[/color:1wgaan14] he stopped for a moment and tried to concentrate on his question to see if he could project it into Sam's mind as Sam had done to his, [color=#00BF00:1wgaan14][i:1wgaan14]what is Adhartim?[/i:1wgaan14][/color:1wgaan14] He thought, hopefully aloud.

He stopped and smiled again to see if his curiosity would be satisfied, only to be interrupted by his employer. When asked if he was ready to go Daniel scoffed and grabbed his pack, [color=#00BF00:1wgaan14]"You're the boss, I'm just the cargo."[/color:1wgaan14] He slung his pack over his shoulder and looked at the men in front of him addressing Sam first, [color=#00BF00:1wgaan14]"It was a pleasure to meet you, albeit briefly, perhaps we can talk more on our way?"[/color:1wgaan14] He offered a smile once more and turned to his boss letting the friendly smile fade. [color=#00BF00:1wgaan14]"Where to?"[/color:1wgaan14]

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:31 am

[narration:3gi4pj5t]Annoyance passed Dante's face briefly.[/narration:3gi4pj5t]

"I'm not your boss. Just your guard."

[narration:3gi4pj5t]Tapping in some instructions into his wristlink, Dante sent for the crate to be sent to the ship in question at the specified coordinates. Turning to Daniel, he jerked his head to the door.[/narration:3gi4pj5t]

"Out and away is where to. We've been in here more than long enough. Who was the metal giant? Was he treating your arm?"

[narration:3gi4pj5t]Whatever answers Daniel may have had, fell mute as they were drowned out by the screaming outside; horrible grating screams, the sounds of stampede, pleas for mercy, and the horrible tearing of flesh from muscle assaulted the bar all at once, making the feathers on Dante's neck slowly stand on end.[/narration:3gi4pj5t]

[action:3gi4pj5t]Dante wasn't inexperienced; he had trained in the wilds, and heard all manner of animals and creatures - even some sentients that were indistinguishable from the wild life. But he had NEVER heard something like this before...and that instantly had him grasping for his sword.[/action:3gi4pj5t]

"Wha -?"

[quote="Karana Malora":3gi4pj5t][color=#00BFFF:3gi4pj5t]├óÔé¼┼ôJEKK!!!├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:3gi4pj5t][/quote:3gi4pj5t]

[action:3gi4pj5t]Dante unsheathed his blade in one fluid movement, and immediately its generator came to life with a shrill squeal. Holding it in his right hand, he rolled his left wrist - from which a very distinctive clicking came from. Pulling out a blaster from his boot (Ironically the very same blaster he had threatened Daniel with) he flicked the setting to kill, and pressed it into Daniel's hand. The scream had come from the cool and calculated woman that had been with the Captain - obviously if she was with him she could handle herself - beyond this, she hadn't even flinched (visibly) at the work that Mack had wrought. Whatever it was that could make her scream, both for herself and her friends in the bar, was something Dante didn't want to meet.[/action:3gi4pj5t]

[narration:3gi4pj5t]But, he DID want to see; A run to a window, a peer outside.[/narration:3gi4pj5t]

"FIERFEK!"

[narration:3gi4pj5t]And then he wished he hadn't.[/narration:3gi4pj5t]

[action:3gi4pj5t]Running back to the center of the bar, Dante turned to Daniel.[/action:3gi4pj5t]

"Stay away from the windows...there's easily a hundred, perhaps thousands of the things. Flying, crawling, all with sharp fangs and claws that'll spill your guts."

[action:3gi4pj5t]In the brief seconds that he had looked out, he had noticed one thing; they were ALL headed straight to the bar like it was lit on fire. This, combined with the woman's familiarity with their name, had Dante turning towards Captain Fel.[/action:3gi4pj5t]

"What are they. And what do they want with you."

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:00 am

{ At the bar - The Dodger }

Sam smirked, though it was more of a mental reflex, rather than one of true physical action, something he would grow to miss with each second. He could understand Daniel's inquisitive mind. He is a researcher, a man who seeks knowledge from old. And Sam couldn't get much older at five millennia. More than most Men five hundred times over. << It means Man, Dr. Daniel Logan. >> He Sends, << Human, to be more specific. It is the name we hold for your kin, in the language of my people. A race that is long gone, thanks to the kindness of the Sith Adhartim, Palpatine. >>

He was going to say more, being a man interested in preserving the past himself, but the dark cloud in the Force that he had been sensing came back tenfold. A foreboding of things to come, or has come rather. His suit whined sharply and loudly when he swivels his head around to look, beyond the Dodger Bar. Suddenly, the blue light emanating from his eyes flare up brighter and he turns around to yell at Frend, :: ├âÔÇ░in barath ta├â┬¡r├â┬®n! Tangado Adhartim Galdaart F├â┬®l haid!├é┬ü├é┬ü ::

Frend's photoreceptor brightens as the order is given to him by his creator. Plates of metal shift up and away from his arm, shoulders, waist, and torso as the droid reveals his full collection of blaster cannons, slugthrowers, flamethrowers and even a grenade launcher. :: Protect Galdaart Fel and the crew! Protect Galdaart Fel and the crew! All previous protocols may be violated to necessitate action. :: The droid pointed his right arm forward and rushed past Galdaart, surprising the man with the fluidity of his motion despite his size and design. Frend took his duty seriously, and placing himself in front the captain was the best way to ensure his safety, any attack would have to go through him first. Sam too, seemed to take on a different demeanor as he rushed past everyone, he turns to Daniel Logan to give him a final warning, :: Stay behind the fighters, we'll clear a path for you all and cover our escape. ::

{ Outside the Bar - The Dodger }

He also remembered Galdaart's instruction to seek out Wade and Liya. It seemed Wade had found them, with a new friend in his company. Karana was having a Selonian Stand-Off with what appeared to be some the ugliest, yet most deadly looking creatures that Sam had ever seen, and he has seen a lot. Now that he thought of it, the ones that came at them from the ground bore a strong resemblance to the , ancient enemies of the Ageless. They supplemented their numbers by turning others into their deformed figures and faces. Which made what Sam decide to do easier for himself, because he was no true Jedi at heart, but an Ageless, and one who followed true to one strong aspect of his people: When you come across meat to be wasted (useless and uneatable meat), don't hold back.

:: Karana, unless that is a blaster that does not run out of bolts, have another. :: Sam's left thigh opens up, revealing a spare blaster, he takes it and tosses it to Karana, who catches it with a free hand without taking her eyes of her quarries. Sam takes his place next to her and a little more in front, if this goes sour, which it probably will, Sam wanted to give Karana a chance to get out first. He reckoned this would be a good time to test the limits of his armor and the tech that came with it. Romnus Anton Sunbright had supplied a few bonuses besides the Phrik that Sam needed for his armor. Show me what you have, Romnus. Sam raises his right arm with fist clenched, and the upper half of the protective plating opens up, revealing a nasty looking blaster cannon.

A quick examination told Sam this weapon was built for precision and not rapid fire. However, it had a fairly effective recycle rate and a very good ammunition supply, considering that his power crystal gave a part of that supply. Sam's mind worked quickly now. Karana knew her enemies, she called them Jekk, Sam couldn't sense them in the Force, it was like a black nothingness existed around them, much like it would an ysalamiri, except that they didn't negate his ability to use the Force, just that he can't sense them, though he could sense foreboding, which probably anyone would if they saw something that hideous. They were tough, but not unkillable, as Karana demonstrated by dropping some of them with well-aimed shots. But they were very tough all the same, and worse, they did not appear to have limited numbers.

No more thinking, aim...fire. Sam concentrated, and smiled inwardly when he fired a concentrated bolt of impressive size and speed, planting a bolt square in the chest of one of these...jekk, one that had wings and could fly. It was still writhing, and even trying to get up. Very resilient, Sam noted. He didn't shoot the same jekk, and instead targeted another one, this one looked like it was built to charge at you from the ground, and it looked definitely tougher than the flying types, so he raised his left hand and produced a second cannon, and fired two bolts, one into its head and the other into its chest.
:: With a face that ugly, I may have just improved its looks. ::

He turns his head a little to the side, until Karana was in his peripherals, whilst still shooting. :: Got time for a little more details about these things? ::

Frend knocks down the walls leading out of the bar, as he didn't bother to slowly duck and siddle out the door this time around, and just charged out, left hand braced blockingly, bristling with weapons to cover Galdaart Fel and anyone else behind him as much as possible. He spots his creator Sam, standing next to Karana, another member of Fel's crew. :: Directive requires Frend to protect Galdaart Fel and all crew members. Frend will protect Karana Malora. Engaging targets. :: He raises his right arm and fires a shotgun round into a jekk, the force of the projectiles ripping through the creature violently. He would have used his flamethrowers, but he was not in range, and Fel was the most important person of interest that he is assigned to protect. Of course, the creator would be most important overall, but a quick calculation based on Sam's armor versus the unarmored Galdaart Fel indicated that Sam had better chances in a melee with these jekk. So Frend stayed closer to Fel and the others.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:39 am

He'd been busy sobbing into his liquor, lost to the world around him, his crewmates talking idly behind him - and then the shouts began. Somebody-masculine sounding outside yelling a word that pricked Mack's ears. It'd been a long time since he heard that word, and it actually sat him upright, brows pulled tight.

Then Karana actually spoke, yelling the same word. Anybody paying attention to Mack would've seen his face light up with joy at the sound of her voice, but she was moving on, gearing up to unload on those nasty critters outside. The joy faded and Mack's usual blend of mania and good-humor returned.

His crewmates crowded in on him, asking him what the hell was going on.
"Bad-tempered ass-biter bugs," was his reply. He looked calm, and wasn't he? After all, after the asskicking he'd given them on the dusty planet - the one where'd first gotten Karana topless, heheh - Mack figured that at the sight of him they'd tuck tail and run back home. He waved his hands nonchalantly and drawled orders. "Hands, get e'erybody back to the ship. These ass-biters won't mess with you. G'ready to lift off and - "

"We don't have permission to go anywhere yet," interjected Jacob, speaking for the first time since they'd reached the bar. Mack cuffed him.

"Well then go talk to Asshole-Face and get permission, I wanna go with my friends!! I'll deal with these ass-biters. G'on, g'outta here! Darry, you stay and help me kick asses." Shrugging, Hands led the rest of their crew out the back of the Dodger. Mack stood up and winked at Darien. "Load that thing up and follow me. Watch'is."

Whistling a non-descript tune, the gunslinger stood up and shook himself out. Time to go show everybody just how badass he was - again. Because they totally hadn't seen it the first time. Because Mack totally needed to show how badass he was - couldn't they just see it? He was wearing a leather jacket for Pete's sake!!

But hey, never pass up a chance to impress the ladies - the #1 lady of all time was here. Impressing her was a must at all times.

As he walked to the door, Mack unbuttoned the safeties on his holsters and loosened his guns, brushing back his coat to allow easier draws.

Weird... no tune playing. Mack always heard music when it was time for badass-ness, but right now there was no tune. He actually felt a little tired. Probably because the fight would be over as soon as the ass-biters got a good look at him. Oh well. Scaring them off was still impressive, right? Karana was in cover next to the door; as he passed her, Mack winked. His classic signal of "Watch this, I'ma go do my thing."

He stepped outside and look around. Yep. Jekk. Sure enough. They hadn't noticed him yet. Mack brought his hands to his mouth and whistled sharply, waving and shouting.

"HEYY!! ASS-BITERS!! LOOK WHO'S HERE!!"

They noticed all right. Maybe somehow they even remembered the slaughter on Kessel, but they sure didn't look scared. Matter of fact, if they remembered it, it might've made them more pissed off, 'cause they came at Mack with a fury. He gaped, and muttered, "...that wasn't supposed to happen."

The gunslinger was non-plussed. He was a badass! A stone-cold kriff! One who kriff up the Sithspit of others! And they weren't scared! They were paying just as much attention to the - whoa. To the big-ass suit of weaponized armor that had just come barreling outside. Was he high again, somehow? Where the kriff had that thing come from?

This was awful. This wouldn't impress anybody!!

Genuinely saddened and not feeling like a badass at all, Mack watched the Jekk come at him, and he spat.

"Well Sithspit."

Mack actually sat down despondently, putting his back to one of the sides of the entrance as he drew his blasters and started shooting. He was still a badass, whether they knew it or not... but this was not a badass moment. This was just shooting and killing. Buh. Where's the fun in that?

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:49 am

Bar, The Dodger - The Bar, heading out

Myranda threw back her cloak and hood, then draws her sabergun. She glances nervously at Jace Stealer, wondering if he sensed a change within her. How that he would be able to now sense two lifeforms within her, indicating one very obvious reason for how that would be possible. She places her left hand protectively over her stomach, and stalks out of the bar, following after Frend who'd just enlarged the door to the bar by walking straight out. She uses the Force to keep falling rubble from dropping on top of anyone. Crouching down behind Frend, the Ageless woman leans out a little and fires several shots at the monsters that were just coming out of the woodwork, or whatever works went into the structures around here. They also appeared to be gunning for Karana with some severe passion. Karana, and now, because he placed himself in the way as armored protection, her husband, Sam. So Myranda suddenly found herself prefering to shoot them in the head, sometimes more than once.

"Captain Fel," she says, "I apologize for stating the obvious, but we should all be making our way to the ships, fast!"

She looks at the rather crazy gunslinger as he draws their attentions to himself. Evidently, these creatures have a history and memory. She increased the intensity of her rate of fire as more and more of the jekks started picking out more targets to get close to. Myranda can only imagine what they may do if they reached one of their targets.

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:45 am

Sub-Level 33, Bay C14

A confident, smug smile crept onto his face as Galen approached the ship, four Jekk in tow. He waved his hand, reaching out in the Force and opening the planet-fall ramp. Without pause he strode up in and into the ships interior, the thought of waiting in ambush here crossing his mind for a brief moment before being dismissed. Another time perhaps. Right now he was here with a specific purpose, and he would not allow distractions to keep him from it. Coming to a stop over the cryo pod, he stared down at it, sickly green eyes dancing with gleeful malice. Without a word he spun on his heel as the four Jekk moved to the pod, picking it up quickly and following after their creator. It was all too easy, and Galen found himself smirking at how little these insects had seemed to learn. Especially when his Dark Lady traveled with them. A wave of his hand closed the ramp once more as the Jekk moved with purpose past him. He took a moment to focus on his swarm, seeing through the multitude of eyes as they charged toward their prey. He spoke to the multitude, giving them a final order before turning his focus back to the cryo pod.

<< Bring the Dark Lady to me. Kill the rest. >>

The Dodger

The Jekk let out a collective shriek in acknowledgement of the silent order and continued their rush forward, scrambling around and over each other, ever eager to spill blood. The few citizens that had survived long enough to start running and screaming were quickly overrun, quickly becoming little more than torn flesh and bone.

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:07 pm

[color=#00BF80:ejmok818]The 'ride' on the tug, if one could call it that, was short lived. Thank the Force. From the crude dipping and climbing, Seros clutched the railings to maintain his balance, and tried gripping Wade's shoulder to relieve him of the controls...but another jolting maneuver caused him to grab the railing again.[/color:ejmok818]

"..Karkin' hell, Wa--!"
[color=#00BF80:ejmok818]Then it went barreling towards the street. Time to get off. Wade and Seros rolled onto the flat surface in tandem, and Seros looked back to see the flaming remains of the tug fumbled into a corner off the entrance to an old apartment building.

He looked back to Wade in appalled shock and annoyance, who had already started walking towards the bar.[/color:ejmok818] "Ya damn STRAIGHT I'll drive next time!" [color=#00BF80:ejmok818]He straightened his tabards and gui, and headed after him.

Upon coming to the bar, a woman with dark hair and radiant, icey blue eyes visible even from his distance came stomping towards them on the wide walkway. To his surprise, Wade knew her, although she looked rather miffed about something. At least they were in familiar company. Seros wasn't too fond of the idea of going into another bar, where more Black Sun operatives could easily spot him. ..But that threat was soon replaced with another.

Seros, being the farthest from the bar, was closest to the approaching danger. The danger that had his skin and muscles tense and flare with reverberating intensity. Something was wrong. Incredibly wrong. ...MORE than wrong. He stopped dead in his tracks, brows twitching closer. And to affirm his feelings, a spine-chilling shrill could be heard from down the previous alley. ..Then another. Different pitch, same tome. And another. Getting closer. Seros' shoulders tingled with an unseen fire. His ears flared red. He turned his head slowly, eyes narrow. Having Miralukan heritage bless his genes, his Sight Sense engaged almost on instinct. His pupils shrank in size as his vision honed in on the approaching enigma.

Creatures. Ominous, hideous, demonic animals flooded towards them. Flyers that looked like breastless harpies that escaped hell and humanoid beasts that traversed rapidly towards his direction like mad rabid dogs. Dense muscular structure, dark rage-filled eyes, razor sharp claws flexed upon each pounding of the street in their trek. They barreled carelessly inbound, shoving and hoisting innocent passerbys off the side of the street to their indiscriminate death.[/color:ejmok818]

[color=#00BF80:ejmok818]And even before Seros could ask himself what these mysterious abominations were, the woman to his left answered the querry.[/color:ejmok818] [quote="Karana Malora":ejmok818]├óÔé¼┼ô[color=#00BFFF:ejmok818]JEKK!!![/color:ejmok818]├óÔé¼┬Ø she screamed.[/quote:ejmok818]

[color=#00BF80:ejmok818]In all Seros' lengthy study of xenobiology, he'd never heard or seen anything like these creatures. Research would come later. Now, even before Wade and this Malora engaged, Seros hunkered down into a low stance, and projected a sweeping roundhouse to the lead jekk's face...

...and his foot followed right through with no impression of impact, instead having the small aura of Force energy surrounding his leg dissipate away, as if siphoned. ..Was he getting rusty? No. Was he still suffering from the drawbacks of the deathsticks? No. He meditated twice, hours at a time after his dose. The few leading jekk continued barreling forward, now focused solely on him as he was the next in the path before the street banked off towards The Dodger. He chambered his arm back, clenching his fist, and hooked a mean Mandalorian haymaker, projected to aim at the front jekk's temple.

..Same effect.

Too late.

The lead jekk lept up, baring its set of small razor teeth between its hungry, gaping jaws. And Seros instinctively dropped down to his back, knees up. The jekk came down atop of him, only to be hoisted over his potential meal, razor sharp teeth coming within only two inches from his nose, its pungent breath and sopping saliva descending plaguing Seros' sense of smell.

The creature flew over the edge of the street into the abyss below as Seros doubled back in the hoist to stand again. Using the Force was out of the question. The second and third crawlers advanced to him, but they were immediately gunned down by the first initial shots of Malora. He looked over to the bar to now see a heavily armored titan of a man come to her aid. Shiny red and gold armor. Wade had his staff out and ready, and was batting the approaching monsters away with relative ease. The staff was charged with some kind of pulse energy, releasing an extreme kinetic effect that pummeled the creature senseless, tossing them well clear of the street's edge.

The first flyer took notice of the man in armor, but was met by a quick shunted blast. It spun helplessly to the street's edge, and struggled in writhing pain to stay on the level..but failed. Wing permanently damaged, it shrieked a blood curdling yelp all the way down.

The crawlers' muscular and bone structure were dense and thick. Their mobile mechanics weren't something that was new to Seros, however. Leverage wouldn't do much to break their limbs or mobility. Sheer amounts of strength, power, and speed were the only things these creatures would yield to. Focusing what energy he normally used for projection, he redirected to his core being, allowing the flow to augment his stamina and reflexes.

The fourth flyer came sweeping in, hoping to hoist him off the close edge behind him, and another crawler advanced just below it. Negating the vector of approach of the flyer, Seros charged the crawler, slid down onto his knees, catching the head of the jekk just above his left shoulder with both hands, one clutching the chin, the other clasping the crown. Even before the jekk could pierce his flesh with its flexed claws...[/color:ejmok818] [action:ejmok818]CRRACCKK![/action:ejmok818]

[action:ejmok818]Seros spun up to stand upon the rotation of the jekk's neck, tossed it aside, and was now between in the incoming horde and the rest of the crew. His reflexes were flared high, his senses sharpened after coming so close to having the artery in his neck feasted on. Sinking low into a Mandalorian war stance, he engaged the jekk hand-to-claw, his phrik vambraces and shin-guards aiding greatly in his defense. Suffering from several painful scratches and a gash on his right abdomen, Seros doubled back towards the rest of the group, fending off incoming jaws with powerful sweeping kicks and knee strikes to shove the beasts away, who normally had to take a moment to shake off the hard brunt of trauma to their heads. Seros finally drew the Force to him as he bent his knees, and avoided another jekk coming in for a meal by vaulting back in the air, landing beside the man in red and gold armor, and Malora.[/action:ejmok818]

"..The kriff [i:ejmok818]are[/i:ejmok818] these things?!" [color=#00BF80:ejmok818]he placed a cradling hand over the open gash on his side, grimacing in pain.

Before anyone could answer, one of the flying jekk came sweeping down towards the man in the armored suit, who easily put it down, but the force of impact on the nearby lamp post from increased velocity caused the lamp post to wobble a bit. It gave Seros an idea.[/color:ejmok818]

"..Cover me!"

[action:ejmok818]He strided behind the two of them and jumped to the top of Malora's initial cover (some crates). Seros was an easy target, but as he stretched out with the Force to the base of the lamp post, the armored man did a superb job at keeping him from receiving any further damage. Pushing his pain out of his mind, his hands began clenching in, and the base of the lamp post whined and creaned, folding and bending to his will.[/action:ejmok818]

[color=#00BF80:ejmok818]The jekk's presence was becoming more numerous and dense in population. How many were there?!

Finally, in a fit of discharging sparks and whining metal, the light fizzled out, and the fold tore loose from the base. Seros drew his arms back, causing the metal beam to levitate parallel to the street behind him, and he yelled out to Wade.[/color:ejmok818] "Connors! HIT THE DECK!"

[color=#00BF80:ejmok818]And he swung his arms out forward. The beam, measuring approximately 25 feet long, cleared around the man in armor, and swept into the incoming crawler jekk across the width of the entire street, breaking the wind inches above Wade. A jekk coming in for such an easy feast was suddenly clanked in the face, along with about another six, sending it flying back in a whimpered yelp of pain.

Seros brought the beam back over his head, readying himself for another blow. The jekk bodies were piling up, making somewhat of an obstacle for both the jekk and all the combatants involved. There were other gunners aiding from inside the bar, thankfully.

Why were they here?! Seros pondered the question as he brought the beam overhead to take out two incoming flyers aiming for Wade.[/color:ejmok818] [color=#008080:ejmok818]"They seem to be paying an awful amount of attention to Connors, though..."[/color:ejmok818] [color=#00BF80:ejmok818]He ducked, and flexed his fingers outward on his right hand, sending the beam forward careening into the flyers, impaling one's face while breaking the other's wing. He called the beam back to him once they were well out of reach, immediately swinging it into another incoming flyer that mistakenly thought it could sweep in undisturbed.[/color:ejmok818]

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Right. Jekk. Of course. What the hell was a jekk? And what were they doing here? Wade had seen (and beaten) some pretty horrific creatures growing up, from coruscani ogres and corridor ghouls to hordes of cthon, but never anything in these numbers, flooding the streets as they came. And it had always been in the deepest levels of the undercity, none of them had ever dared come this far up and risk extinction at the hands of the CSF. Which begged the question, why had the jekk? Unfortunately, answers would have to wait. There was killing to be done, and if there was one thing Wade excelled at, it was killing.

Walking toward the oncoming horde, he paid little heed to the bolts from Karana and Sam as they streaked past and into the horde, he trusted their aim enough to know that they wouldn't hit him. "You wanna dance?" A wide smile split his face. "Let's dance." Flipping his staff to grab one end, he took hold with both hands and swung it hard into the face of the first jekk to get within six feet of him, the momentum of the swing and the repulsors in the staff leaving nothing but a bloody stump as the head was launched off into the undercity.

The second jekk was not so lucky as the tip of the staff drove into it's rib cage, fracturing nearly every bone in its chest but failing to kill it outright until the opposite end came down on top of its head, driving splinters from the skull into its brain, as well as turning the brain to mush on impact. The third found it's end as Wade all but flowed around it's slashing claws and drove the staff, now split in two sections with one in each hand, into the underside of it's chin, sending the phrik shaft up into it's head, which promptly exploded as Wade ducked under its outstretched arm and neatly avoided the spray of carnage while simultaneously sticking the other half of the staff straight into the mouth of the fourth Jekk, with similar results.

After that, Wade began the dance in earnest, flowing under lunges and around swipes of the creature's claws, always managing to stay just beyond their capability to harm him while all the while lashing out with either half of the staff and eroding them away, bit by bit, creature by creature. The very embodiment of water as it flowed over rocks and crashed down a mountainside, untouchable and lethal. Whereas the rest of the crew found safety in numbers and cover, relying on each other to keep the tide at bay, Wade found himself at the center of it, only able to catch brief glimpses of the others as the Jekk surged around him, toward him, and were struck down. This was where he felt at home. After everything he had done in his life, all the suffering he had caused, and regretted causing, it was strange that he felt so at home in the midst of killing. Any other time, the realization that he loved it so much would have horrified him far more than any amount of jekk, but right now he didn't care. He was enjoying it too much to care.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:02 pm

[action:3pvrqr6b]Jace turned away from Dante and Fel as he finalized the deal, glancing over the establishment to make sure nobody was going to make a last second move to dispose of them as they tried to leave. So far, nothing. As Fel stepped over to Karana to talk, Jace finished off his drink and slid the glass to the end of the bar where the bartender was. No sense in letting it go to waste. Pushing off from the bar, Jace walked alongside Fel as they slowly stepped towards the entrance.[/action:3pvrqr6b]

[quote="Galdaart Fel":3pvrqr6b] [action:3pvrqr6b]quietly, to Jace[/action:3pvrqr6b] I want to know everything there is to know about our employer in an hour. Name, rank, serial number, inseam length, what he eats for breakfast -- everything. The Doctor, too. That ship you brought Raggedy Ann and Andy in -- where's it berthed? What is it? Any chance it'll be useful? ...and come to think of it, where are the Raggedy's?[/quote:3pvrqr6b]

[action:3pvrqr6b]He held back a smile as he leaned in to inform Fel, just loud enough so only he could hear him.[/action:3pvrqr6b] "His name is Dante Demici. Used to be the head of the Demici family of the royal families on Serenno. Was banished after slaying another member of the court without challenging him to a duel. As for breakfast he prefers a single egg coruscanti style with a side of sweet red merlot. And a single slice of bread with bantha-butter." [action:3pvrqr6b]He paused as he glanced over at the two doctors, thinking about Daniel as well as the ship.[/action:3pvrqr6b] "I've got nothing on the doctor though, and the Raggedy's took off when I left the ship..." [action:3pvrqr6b]He brought up his data pad to check up on the ship. It was officially tuned-up and ready to fly under their colors. He slid the data-pad back into his jacket as Karana moved past them to the exit.[/action:3pvrqr6b] "... The Loronar sits in Sub-Level 32, Bay T85. A level up and a twenty minute walk to the east."

[narration:3pvrqr6b]Then Jace felt something. He looked ahead to see Wade standing outside with Karana, both looking down the street at something. That something got worse as he realized it was the Force warning him. He glanced over at Sam, but before he could say anything he heard Karana yell out something. Jekk.[/narration:3pvrqr6b]

[action:3pvrqr6b]As everybody started to move outside and open fire, Jace pulled his Verpine pistol out of his holster and his Westar blaster from his jacket. He glanced to Fel.[/action:3pvrqr6b] "Who's Jekk?" [action:3pvrqr6b]He ran over to the widened bar entrance and peered down the street, feeling that it was safe considering there wasn't any return fire. And then he saw Jekk. All of them.[/action:3pvrqr6b] "You've got to be kidding..." [action:3pvrqr6b]Jace brought up his Westar and Verpine pistols, firing them both into the crowd. While the Westar left nasty and deep burns that prompted a yelp from the abominations and slowed them down, the Verpine's slugs left the barrel in a silent grace that tore through the creatures thick skulls as if they were made of paper.[/action:3pvrqr6b]

[narration:3pvrqr6b]Jace's mind immediately flipped a switch, changing his thought process over from surveillance mode to full-blown combat mode. His mind started to organize everything in a list of priorities. He glanced over to Myranda, sensing what he thought was two life signatures. His observation was followed up by her holding her stomach, and it clicked.[/narration:3pvrqr6b]

[action:3pvrqr6b]He replaced the powerpack in the Westar and slipped the slender blaster and an extra pack into Karana's belt.[/action:3pvrqr6b] "You're going to need it." [action:3pvrqr6b]Stepping over to Myranda, he looked at her face and dropped his voice.[/action:3pvrqr6b] "[i:3pvrqr6b]You[/i:3pvrqr6b] need to be the first one back on the ships." [action:3pvrqr6b]Jace turned to Fel and nodded to him before yelling out over the blaster fire and the howling.[/action:3pvrqr6b] "Fel! We need to fall back to the ships! There are just too many of them! Have Sam and Frend hold the rear line or we will be over run! I'm going to make a run for the Loronar!"

[action:3pvrqr6b]And without a moment of hesitation, he took off across the street to the nearest turbolift. He had to make the twenty minute walk into a five minute sprint if he wanted to get off this planet in time. As he ducked into an alley, he saw a group break off and head down a street perpendicular to him.

Make that a four minute sprint.[/action:3pvrqr6b]

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:32 pm

*Hours later, my neural processes finally resumed functioning on a level conducive to self-awareness and conscious thought. Slowly, I opened my eyes, and found myself looking up at the unmistakable dim red-orange light, barred doors, and decaying duracrete walls and ceiling of an old fashioned prison cell. It didn├óÔé¼Ôäót take me long to remember what had happened. Firefek, did I ever hate getting stunned. And apparently there actually was something worse than waking up after being hit with a stun blast. A stun net left you just as sick and disoriented as a stun blast, but where the blast tended to leave you with a single impact injury from the shot, the net burned you dozens of places and generally left you feeling like you├óÔé¼Ôäód been used to bridge together several hundred power conduits. I lay still, and tried to collect my thoughts. The pain wasn├óÔé¼Ôäót bad, but the vrax-board pattern of burns made my entire body ache. It was a good thing I├óÔé¼Ôäód been wearing my armor ---.*

*Armor. Where was my armor? I tried to sit up, but the room swam in circles, and I lay back against the prison bed once more as the obvious dawned on my weary brain. I didn├óÔé¼Ôäót need to see to know that my armor and weapons were gone. The weight difference was sizable. And it was only logical, since I was apparently in a Coruscanti jail. All I had left was the black jumpsuit I├óÔé¼Ôäód been wearing under my armor, and even that felt askew, like it had been thoroughly searched. Moving gingerly, I began to pat down the cuffs and secret pockets where I├óÔé¼Ôäód hidden various tools, but everything was gone. Or was it? No! I could feel a small, flat metal object in my right sleeve that had been overlooked. My lockpick! I let out a sigh, some measure of relief flooding over me. Better to leave it be for now, however, until I figured out just what my situation was.*

*My head had finally stopped imitating the inside of a caf blender, and after a few minutes, I was able to sit up. There was another bed in the cramped cell, on the opposite wall across from me, and a fresher in one of the back corners, but no signs of a cellmate. Other than a dingy glow panel overhead, and cracks in the floor tiles, there really wasn├óÔé¼Ôäót much to see. I was alone, at least, and for that I was grateful. Either the police had been smart enough to realize that my earlier brawl with the other two thieves made me likely to start another fight when I woke up, or they didn├óÔé¼Ôäót have many female prisoners. Or more likely, it was both factors.*

*Idly, I wondered if either of the two strangers had gotten themselves killed, or if they were inmates nearby. Not that it mattered, I thought darkly. It was their fault I was in this mess, and I wasn├óÔé¼Ôäót going to waste any more time on their accounts. I needed to get back to the crew right away. How long had I been unconscious, anyway? It had to be daybreak by now, if not later. Fel would surely be angry if he├óÔé¼Ôäód gotten a job but couldn├óÔé¼Ôäót leave because I├óÔé¼Ôäód disappeared.*

*Standing up, and shivering slightly as my bare feet touched the cold floor, I crept over to the bars at the front of the cell, and looked out. I was surprised that the cells weren├óÔé¼Ôäót ray shielded, but then again, this was the fringe of the underworld. Maybe they couldn├óÔé¼Ôäót afford that level of security, or maybe local corruption kept antiquated systems in place so that the high rollers of the underworld could escape. There were twelve cells in my prison block, six on each side of a central aisle. The cell across from me appeared to be empty, but I couldn├óÔé¼Ôäót see into any of the others. To my left, there was a single pair of cells, and then a small entry room, with a heavy door set into the far wall. Two were patrolling the cell block in rotation, one standing in the entry room, while the other stalked up and down the aisle. It was impossible to tell what size police facility I was in, but it was a dead guarantee that there would be cameras and real, flesh and blood guards nearby. Breaking out wasn├óÔé¼Ôäót going to be easy. I stepped back and began to observe the patterns of the blue, cylinder-headed sentries.*

*A few minutes later, the door swooshed opened, and I leaned forward eagerly, but it slammed shut again with a nasty clank before I could get a look at what was beyond. A short, fat, bald police inspector with an amused grin on his face had entered. He swaggered down the aisle ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ and stopped right in front of my cell. Oh great.* ├óÔé¼┼ôAha, you├óÔé¼Ôäóre awake, missy.├óÔé¼┬Ø *The inspector exclaimed as he approached. He reeked of brandy.* ├óÔé¼┼ôGood. I have some simple questions for you, and the sooner you answer them, the sooner I can get you out of here.├óÔé¼┬Ø *He leaned closer to the bars, his grin widening condescendingly.* ├óÔé¼┼ôWhat├óÔé¼Ôäós your name, missy? We don├óÔé¼Ôäót get many ladies down here, y├óÔé¼Ôäóknow.├óÔé¼┬Ø

*I shot him a cold stare, and said nothing. He waited. I took a step back and sat down on my bunk, folding my arms and smirking. I could wait. He sighed.* ├óÔé¼┼ôAlright then, your two friends --- who are they? It├óÔé¼Ôäós a shame y├óÔé¼Ôäóall couldn├óÔé¼Ôäót agree how to split your spoils, eh? Cost all of you your freedom.├óÔé¼┬Ø *He smiled his big, fake smile, but still I said nothing. He seemed a little surprised by my silence, but from his next words, he clearly misunderstood the source of my refusal to talk.* ├óÔé¼┼ôThere├óÔé¼Ôäós nothing to be afraid of, missy. You├óÔé¼Ôäóre not like the others. All that equipment you had, you must have friends in good places. You help me, and I can get you out of here.├óÔé¼┬Ø *He paused hopefully.* ├óÔé¼┼ôAw, c├óÔé¼Ôäómon, do you have a voice, sweetie?├óÔé¼┬Ø

*I gave him a disgusted look and nodded once but said nothing. He gave up and turned away.* ├óÔé¼┼ôAh well, I├óÔé¼Ôäóll let you think it over. I├óÔé¼Ôäóm sure a pretty lady like you doesn├óÔé¼Ôäót want to rot in a hell-hole like this for very long, does you? I├óÔé¼Ôäóll be back, okay?├óÔé¼┬Ø *And then, thankfully, he was gone. I glared daggers after the man long after the door had closed behind him. He was lucky he hadn├óÔé¼Ôäót decided to come inside the cell, or I would have ended him. I shuddered to think what he might do when he came back. It would probably be pretty easy to get him to come inside, actually. He├óÔé¼Ôäód love that invitation, for all the wrong reasons. But I couldn├óÔé¼Ôäót wait for that. I needed to get out. Now.*

*Resuming my observation of the sentry droids, lockpick concealed in one hand, I leaned against the bars, and monitored their patrol patterns in minute detail as I fiddled with the lock. The key was to move so slowly that my efforts wouldn├óÔé¼Ôäót be noticed until it was too late. The old fashioned lock was surprisingly simple. I could feel five pins inside the lock, and began sliding them out of the way, one by one, ever so slowly and quietly. Then, just as one of the sentry droids passed me on his return trip, I slammed the door open and jumped him from behind, grabbing the back of cylindrical blue head with my left hand and driving it forcefully into the floor. There was a sickening crunch, and blue sparks crackled all over the outer plating of the droid.*

*Jumping to my feet, I came face to face with the second droid.* ::: Halt ::: *He barked electronically, pointing a small stun blaster at my face. I was too fast for him, ripping the blaster out of his claw with my left hand and simultaneously jabbing the lock pick into his eye with my right hand. He collapsed to the floor, red sparks shooting from his neck, and waved his legs convulsively.*

*That was that, but now how to get out of the cell block? There was a single camera above the door, I saw now, but there was nothing I could do about it. If I'd been spotted, I'd been spotted. If they opened the security door, that would actually help me. I could see other prisoners in other cells, all fast asleep. Hopefully they would stay that way. Almost anything could be beyond the security door, from a small constabulary station house, to rows and rows of cell blocks in a sector prison. I grabbed both droids├óÔé¼Ôäó stun blasters one of their comlinks and flattened myself into the shadows at one side of the door as I listened. My eyes widened as I heard shouts and screams and an officious voice calling for backup over the com. What on earth?*

~~~~

*Frustrated by his failures to draw any new information out of the mysterious woman, the police inspector had decided that it was time to let his contact know that two suspected Nightwings had been taken into custody. The agreement was simple. The Syndicate had paid him a nice supplement to his usual salary, in exchange for alerting them if anyone meeting certain parameters were arrested. The two hapless thieves from the liquor store fit the parameters perfectly. It was all too easy, and the crooked inspector knew his superiors would turn a blind eye to any suspicions about his conduct. He'd made these deals before. But this one felt different. He sweated nervously as he stood outside the small police facility, but he got out his comlink and sent the signal. He needn't tell them about the young lady, either. She hadn't matched any of their parameters. Or anyone else in the police database, for that matter.*

*He didn't have to wait long. Five minutes later, two Gammoreans and two Weequays arrived on speeder bikes, and all pointed nasty looking blasters almost directly at the inspector. Trying to keep a straight face, he hastily surrendered, and allowed the underworld scum to restrain him with his own police issue binders. Then, they made their way inside. There was a small waiting lobby, a single desk, and two doors in the back wall, two of which stood open to reveal a com center. A second police officer sat at the front desk, and a dozen police droids were scattered about. The Weequays simply swept the room with a hail of blasterfire, shooting indiscriminately at everyone and everything. The droids never stood a chance, but the desk officer hit the floor behind his desk, and hauled out his comlink, yelling for help. The inspector grimaced, hoping that he'd successfully cut the local comlinks out from the main system. If so, the only ones who would hear that cry were the two droids inside the prison block.*

*He struggled mightily, for the benefit of his colleague and any unexpected onlookers, as his 'captors' dragged him into the middle of the station floor, tore his keys from his belt, and then flung him into communications center. His part was done. He smiled. He'd sold it, and now he was safe. He heard a terrible scream from the other room as his fellow constable was silenced, and then a crunch as someone stepped on the fallen man's comlink, but even that couldn't shake the conscience of the crooked inspector. One fewer person now knew about the chick they'd caught last night. He strained for a better look at the disaster scene in the main room of the station --- and felt his jaw suddenly grasped by a dirty Gammorean hand. He looked up in surprise.

*Right into the business end of a blaster.*

*And the gleeful eyes of a Weequay.*

*The Weequay pressed his blaster between the inspector's eyes. "Sorry, no witnesses."

*He'd been right to worry.* "But we had a deal!"

*He smiled cruelly and fired.* "We are altering the deal."

~~~~

*I could hear the enraged roars of at least two Gammoreans over the explosions of blaster fire, and then the fighting died down to an occasional blaster shot, and I was finally able to make some sense out of the audible chaos coming over the police comlink. A strange voice (not the inspector I'd met earlier) was calling out orders, although no one seemed to be responding.*

::: Guards, be ready. They're breaking into the cellblock. There's a --- AHhhhh! *crackle* :::

*And the transmission went dead. What in space was going on out there? Something big enough that no one was watching the security cameras, and something deadly enough to be killing police men. I grimaced in spite of my current situation. Whoever was on the other end had apparently just taken a pretty good hit. Yes, the Coruscanti police were my captors, but they were probably a lot closer to allies than whatever was cutting its way through the prison right now. And "the" cellblock? There was only one? Then this wasn't a prison, it was a station house. That meant the Gammoreans and friends were coming in here. I quickly examined the two droid blasters, but they only had stun settings. Useless. My stomach tightened as I pried the power cells loose, and dropped the guns to the floor. There was only one thing to do. Go back to my cell, set up an ambush, and hope that they ignored me.*

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:24 pm

*The trap was set.*

*I hadn't needed the blaster power packs at all. Instead, I'd pried apart the glow panel in the ceiling of my cell, and scavenged some wires and other components from the ruined police droids. Then I'd closed the barred cell door behind me once more, and even locked it for appearances sake (it should be noted that I always found picking a lock closed was way harder than getting it open). There was one puny prison blanket on each bunk, and I gathered both up and used them to mimic a humaniod form in my bunk, as a decoy. Then I slipped back into the shadows at the rear of the cell, and scrunched down behind the fresher to wait. And listen. And plot. I tapped lightly on he wall beside my head, but it sounded way too thick to be easily penetrated.*

*As I listened, I suddenly heard a familiar voice off to my right, deeper in the cell block. Recognizing it, I froze in surprise, and realized that it was the voice of the thug I'd stunned in the liquor store.*

=Fray=
*The thief was talking in his sleep, his dreamy tones no doubt subconsciously echoing the deepest fears of the imprisoned man. Most of it was nonsense, but one phrase was repeated several times.* "Oh my little Eema. I'm so sorry. Daddy's coming home soon."

*I bit my lip, and tuned out the sad voice. There were many sorrows in this prison block, but I couldn't stop to worry about them. I had bigger problems, and I had to keep my focus, and be ready. There really wasn't much else I could do, so the ambush had to work. As a backup plan, though, I began to closely examine the tiny stun blaster power packs. If only there was a way to overload them, they might make nice improvised grenades. But the CSF seemed to have been unusual careful when choosing what sorts of equipment to issue their prison guards.*

=Yari=
*The short, fat Nightwing had spent the last several hours stewing over his betrayal by the mysterious stranger who had ambushed them in the liquor store, his incredible pain from all the broken glass lacerations he had suffered, the loss of his potential earnings and his only blaster, the unknown whereabouts of his cousin, and his impending judicial troubles, but at last sleep had taken him, and he snored lightly. But not for long. Suddenly, there was a crash as the security door almost outside his cell banged open, and four rough-looking characters burst into the cell block. Yari's sleep-laden eyes almost popped out of his head as he stared at a pair of roughly dressed Weequays and a pair of burly, obnoxious Gamorreans, toting massive blaster rifles.*

*He opened his mouth to scream in terror, but no words ever came.*

=Weequay=
"For the Syndicate! Down with Nightwing pigs!" *Roared one of the thugs as his Weequay partner unlocked the first pair of cell doors, and their Gammorean pals tore the cells wide open. The sudden flashes and biting roar of indiscriminate blaster fire lit up the entire cell block.*

*I listened in horror as the thugs made quick work of the occupants of the first two cells. It was pretty clear, even though their war cry was aimed at some apparent gang feud, that they weren't here for just one person. They were planning to toast everyone in the facility, including uninvolved prisoners. At least I had a fighting chance. I wondered briefly if I should have warned the other prisoners, but it was way too late to think about that now. Besides, the attack was either going to end at my cell, or I was going to be dead. Nothing else really mattered now. This was it. And I worked best alone. No more of this can I trust you or can't I stuff like had happened back at the store.*

*There were rough footsteps, and then a leering Gammorean stomped into view, toting a massive blaster. He laughed as he pointed at my dummy, apparently cowering under my blanket, and motioned one of his friends forward. A big, ugly Weequay, with a blaster slung over his shoulder, staggered forward, fumbling with a big, old fashioned key ring. He jabbed a key into the lock on my cell, and at the same time, the Gammorean roared, and heaved his full weight against the metal bars.*

*Instinctively, I ducked my head, knowing what was coming next. But the Gammorean and the Weequay never knew what hit them, as the electrified bars of the cell crackled with thousands of volts, which jumped and consumed both thugs. The putrid smell of burning flesh filled the air, and there was a tremendous crash as the Weequay was launched across the aisle and crushed against the opposing bars on the far side. The Gammorean's demise was more subtle, due to his increased mass and his momentum. He simply bounced off the bars, and crumpled to the floor.*

*There was a dead silence of almost a minute in the prison block. Crickets and all that.*

"WHAT IN THE KARKING CHAOS? MOTHERMUTT!!!!" *Screamed a second Weequay as he walked forward cautiously, leaning forward for a better look at the blue lines pulsing up and down the bars. The Weequay was very careful not to touch anything. Then he let out a scream of pure rage, and unloaded about twenty bolts into the pile of blankets, setting them ablaze and disintegrating the bunk bed, which detached from the wall and crashed to the floor of the cell in a cloud of smoke and flame.*

*I winced, and held my breath, waiting to see what would happen next. After a moment, a second Gammorean came into sight, peering over the Gammorean's shoulder, a bewildered, stupefied, almost terrified look on his face. I almost laughed out loud at the look on both thugs' faces. If the trap that had killed their friends seemed impossible, that's because it would have been without the power converters I scavenged from the broken droids. No glow panel on Coruscant ran on voltage that high.*

*I didn't have long to wait. The Weequay recognized the energy field, but he wasn't all that smart, at least not when he was angry. Slowly, he brought the butt of his blaster rifle up, and slammed it against the lock on my cell door with every ounce of strength in his body. Big mistake.*

*The rifle was ripped from his hands as the entire lock mechanism, rifle butt, gas chamber, and power pack exploded into one massive blue fireball.*

*The door slammed open, ripping my crude wiring out of the ceiling and deactivating the electrical field.*

*The rifle barrel was propelled as if shot out of a cannon, straight through the face of the second Gammorean, who let out a grunt, and dropped without a sound, blood pooling around him.*

*The Weequay was still staring wildly in mindless shock and fright when I finished him off with his own blaster.*

*The fight was over, and I released a breath I almost didn't remember holding as I surveyed the destruction. The thugs had thankfully left the security door wide open behind them, so I wouldn't have much trouble getting out. A quick glance to my left through the door showed a small constabulary station, as I had expected. It was absolutely shot to pieces, and droid and human bodies littered the floor. Between that and the remains of the four thugs outside my cell, even I felt a little squeamish, although that was probably also on account of the fact that I hadn't eaten in twelve hours. But I needed to get out of here quick, before police reinforcements showed up and decided to pin the entire scene of mass destruction onto my poor innocent head.*

*I was about to step out into the main station, the best remaining blaster rifle (an older, but well-conditioned DC-15a with a stub barrel) when I heard a voice behind me.*

=Fray=
"Help. Oh please. Help!" *Cried the sleep-talking thief. Only this time, the edge in his voice was very real, not dreamlike as it had been before. The pitched battle had awakened him, and now he pressed his face against the bars of the third cell on the side opposite the strange woman's cell. He had seen the entire fight.* "Let me out! Please!"

*I scowled. Frankly, I was relieved that there was only one other prisoner, or at least only one other who was conscious and sane enough to talk. But he could just stay there. He and his late friend had caused me enough trouble for one night. Morning. Whatever time it was. But then I hesitated, his earlier sleep talk echoing through my head. My little Eema. My little Eema. Over and over. Tender memories from my childhood flooded back to me, kicking out as they tried to break the surface of m mind. Silently, frustrated, I turned, and picked up the key ring.*

"Do exactly as I tell you, and you'll see your little Eema again." *I said as sternly as I could, as I unlocked the cell, and eyed him suspiciously, blaster raised and ready.* "Do anything else, and I'll kill you. Deal?"

=Fray=
*He stared at his liberator in shock at the name, barely comprehending, but nodded obediently as he came forward out of the cell, hands raised. He had a hundred questions he wanted to ask about what had happened last night, but they were all silenced by the sudden, horrible mention of his daughter's name. How did this woman know his family? Had his activities put them in danger now, too?* "How ... how did you know about ...?" *He stammered, his voice choked with worry, surprise, and confusion.*

"About your daughter? You talk in your sleep." *I smiled tightly in spite of myself. Many a long week had passed while Father was away on one of his "business" trips, and I remembered the emptiness I had sometimes felt as a little girl as I waited for him to come home once more.* "I was that girl once. Now let's go!"

Affiliation:

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:29 am

{ Outside the Bar - The Dodger }

Spend enough time in the battlefield and you'll eventually find time to analyze things that can really help point you to the next course of action. The jekk had long since gone into numbers beyond control, and prolonging their stay to fight them was only asking for trouble. A few additional fighters helping out still did not do much to deter the onslaught of these monsters, and innocents, unarmed civilians, that happened to get in the way of the jekk were torn to bits with zero compassion. There was no reasoning with these creatures, but there was a pattern to their attacks, and who they went for. Sam noted that the heaviest concentration of attacks were directed at three individuals: Karana, Wade, and Mack.

For whatever reason they came, it seemed they were the most coveted targets by the jekk.
:: Karana, look out! :: Sam fired a bolt past Karana, just a few feet behind her as a jekk makes a grab for her. Interesting. Is it possible they want her alive? Sam wondered. Another jekk advanced on him, and Sam turned both his cannons to fire on the creature.

And nothing happened.

:: Nim, what's going on? :: Sam asked as he pulled back his fist and with amplified strength and force, sent one metal arm through the front and out the back of the monster's head. Just then, NIM's voice comes over the comlink inside Sam's helmet.

:: As you are aware, sir, we are still in the testing stages of the suit's limits. I'm afraid the power and heat being generated by your blaster cannons are somewhat high. Continued usage of them is not recommended until they've had time to cool down. Otherwise you risk melting your own weapons and armor. ::

:: So what can I use, besides my fists? :: Another jekk, and one big hole in the torso made by fist.

:: Perhaps you could try using the machine guns. ::

The blaster cannons retracted and two machine guns came out in their place. Sam hoses down the area with a hail of bullets, careful not to hit his friends, especially Wade, who was going right into the thick of things. :: Going to run out of ammo very fast, Nim, I need something else. What else did we have time to equip the suit with? ::

:: There was not much time, but you could use the flight repulsor cannons offensively. ::

:: Flight stabilizers??? ::

:: Considering that the suit was designed for supersonic flight, being on the receiving end of a blast from the repulsor cannons would be the same as being hit by a concussion rifle. At close range... ::

:: ...I would tear a hole through the jekk. Nim, you're brilliant. ::

:: Thank you sir, I was designed to be. ::

:: Not that brilliant. ::

Sam retracts the machine guns and holds his palm out, aiming the repulsor cannon on the palm of his right hand at a ground-moving jekk, and sends it flying a hundred meters away. One flying jekk swooping down on the new Force user, though he looked like he was already injured in a prior fight. His black with white accents and attire suggested he is a Jedi, Sam extended both hands, palms outwards and fired concussive blasts, knocking the wind out of the flyer. It crashes right in front of him, and Sam crunches flesh and bone with a single megaton downward punch. While finding new stuff about what his suit can do is highly gratifying, Sam knew one obvious truth: There's just too many.

facing both palms at the ground, Sam took to the air and collided with two flying jekk, sending the three of them in a out-of-control spiral to the ground. No longer having a physical body, the spin and the crash did not affect the Ageless in any way. A quick glance at the HUD of the suit's condition showed him that he suffered no damage from the crash. Excellent. He stands up after cracking the skulls of the jekk together, then shouts at Galdaart Fel.

:: Captain! Get out of here! All of you! Frend and I will hold the line for as long as we can. ::

Frend continued firing his impressive arsenal at the various jekk, all the while, citing the reasons for doing so. :: Defend the captain, defend the crew. All aggressors are to be terminated. :: He raises one massive leg and crushes a ground jekk that got too close to Myranda, while his left arm autocannon burped out a hail of uranium-depleted slugs that tore holes through countless jekk.
PreviousNext

Return to Coruscant's Underworld