Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Temple of Exar Kun

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Temple of Exar Kun

*Her surprise at the ease that the creature had absorbed the blaster shots meant that she offered little resistance to the blaster being forced from her grasp, its grazed her fingers as the rough grip tore past them and it splashed into the water beside her, slipping below the suface with only the growing ripples and few escaping bubbles of air to mark its descent. She almost let her throbbing fingers release their indignation into a stream of fearsome energy, igniting the air with electricity, but she reined in that passion before it exploded from her. She sighed, rolling her eyes as she gently pressed her sore fingers to her lips to suck the ends of them as she glared towards the bank. He could wait, it wasn't like she had many places she could go anyway and he would know that. At last she let her hand drop away, the momentary fury replaced with a greater underlying rage, a controlled anger that would build and allow itself to be focused into something much stronger than an impulsive blast could ever do.*

"You know, you haven't become any less annoying over the years. As for my form, it wasn't a choice, I ran into something bigger than me and it was apparently hungry. You don't mind if I skip the details, do you? Dying is a sore point in anyone's life, I'm sure you'll soon agree. It is, however, a testament to my power that I was able to remain sane enough to take a new form. She'll need some improvements, but I still look quite good for my age, don't you think?"

*Twirling slowly on the spot, she allowed the Jedi to take in her form from all directions, her senses hightened, wondering if he would take advantage of her back being turned to strike before she returned to her starting position. She knew that her new saber was within easy reach and now focused and empowered it would not be so easy to snatch it from her grasp again.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:04 am

*Norun was pleased she had been so easily disarmed, but equally understood that it would not be so simply-enforced again. The main thing was, for now, she was unarmed, and it seemed willing to talk. As her story was spoken, his sadness increased as he felt pity for the poor woman this Sith had robbed of consciousness.*

"Ah I see, well I do hope you did not commit that innocent woman's soul to an eternity of oblivion, but you have no right to exist. The Force chose your time, and you should have accepted it. You Sith and your craving to exist, to not submit with dignity to the will of the higher power we both revere. Your power is greater than I had believed, it seems, and as such, you should be brought before the Council to have your fate decided upon. You are a danger to all, and yourself, and should be closely guarded and treated. Perhaps the Council Masters will be able to reinstate the woman you cruelly robbed."

*Straightening his back to his full, imposing height, his tone turned more gruff, and stern, as he extended a hand towards her and motioned for her to approach. Norun could feel the pull on the Force between them, knew she was drawing upon its energy, and knew she would resist capture. All he could do was continue to play the role of peace-keeper, of Jedi, and to hope she might perhaps oblige, and succumb to decency. Was there a shred of that still remaining in this woman? Or had the Dark Side too strong a grip upon her?*

"Please, do not make this more difficult than it already will be. I am asking you, kindly accompany me to the Praxeum so we may figure out how to deal with you appropriately. I guarantee you will not be harmed."

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:04 pm

*The trees screamed, a sudden burst of birds filled the air, their cries rang across the Ruins as their shadow covered it briefly. Hespera was laughing, her head tilted back and the roar of it joined the birds chorus. All the malevolence that filled her heart leaked through to the air around her, driving the birds from their roosts. She gloried in the feeling of fear that the life around her exuded, they knew something dark was near, something that was a greater predator than anything they had seen before, perhaps an inherited memory of the Sith that had once enslaved this world told them to flee the woman that had found such enjoyment in the Jedi's words.*

"Do you really think I'm that much of an idiot? Your words don't even make sense, which I know for you isn't a rare thing but to forget what you have just said merely moments after you utter them is incredible. You wish to restore Kennedia, that was the woman's name incase it matters to you to know it, but you will guarantee that I am not harmed? You going to put me in a bottle or something? Keep me safe? Occassionally take me out for chats when you are bored? Yeah I don't think so. Also for your records Kennedia was no saint herself, she thought that she could gain the power I weild by coming here and learning the secrets of the Sith, such a shame that the only way she could achieve that was by letting me live."

*The Sith shrugged, she felt no pity for the woman, she had wated her life and would have continued to do so, Hespera could do so much more. Taking a silver object from her pocket, she held its weight in her hand, she knew that the Jedi would recognise it. It was new to her, its feel unfamiliar and she missed her old blade that had sung in her hand.*

"So if you want to catch me, you are going to have to come and get me. Here I am strong, the darkside is feeding me every second I feel my powers grow and yours will weaken. You'll feel its call, give in to its wishes and let the fear of what you'll never be creep into your soul. Then I will have won and you will fall to me, I can guarantee your saftey if you surrender now, I can guarantee your failure if you let me continue to gather these energies. Your choice."*Pressing the switch under her thumb the familiar snap hiss filled her ears, the glow hitting her face in the early evening light. Standing poised and ready to move, she glanced at the blade frowning and gave Norun a disappointed look.*"Yellow? Thats dissatisfying, I hoped for green at the very least. Next time I'll have to steal a saber from a better Padawan."

Affiliation:

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:23 am

*Norun felt a grave disappointment, but had not expected the Sith within the woman opposite him to succumb to his reason nor logic. He could stand here all day arguing with her about the right thing to do, about how she had no right to deny the woman whose body she had occupied, the life she had been granted by the Force. The Force was, in fact, a mysterious and higher power, so who was to say this situation was not its Will being imposed? The Whiphid had hoped for more diplomatic outcome, perhaps to transfer the Sith spirit into a clone body and reinstate this Kennedia back in her proper body, but it was all too clear that such recommendations would only fall on deaf ears.

The outburst in the Force, of Dark energy, signalled to him all he needed to know, and was confirmed as the lightsaber in her grasp ignited. The Sith's counter-argument equally fell short of impact, as Norun could hardly allow someone of evil thought to roam free amongst the Jedi. It was his duty, here and now, to stop her before she did any irreversible damage. If he failed, he could only hope the other Jedi in the Praxeum would discover her before too long, and before she committed any act of indiscriminate violence.

Taking his own lightsaber to hand, he ignited its blue blade, though remained calm and held it pointed downwards towards the ground, showing no obvious sign of aggression, as it was not in his nature. His shaggy mane fluttered about his face in the breeze, and his snout curled into a half-smile, half-sneer, eyes narrowing with purpose.*

"You know as well as I do, Sith, that I cannot allow your plans to go ahead. I ask you one final time to come with me, give up your weapons, and the Jedi Council will guarantee finding a solution to the problem that will not end in either yours, nor Kennedia's, demise. I would recommend it, because I am sure you remember the outcome of your hostility the last time....?"

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:55 pm

*Her eyes narrowed at his last words, oh yes she remembered and she didn't need reminding; the humiliation burnt like lava in her veins. Her old body had born the scars of their last encounter, none as serious as those done to her ego. She was not a fool enough to repeat that though, this time she would fight him and beat him, it would be him that would feel his ego crushed and his life with it. It wasn't a matter of choice for Hespera anylonger, it was the only way to escape with her life. Part of her believed his promises, he was enough of a fool to believe he could see her safe and rescue the fool that she had driven from the husk she now wore, but he was one Jedi and she knew the council would not agree to help a Sith. They would rip her from this body and let her spirit scream through Chaos, the very act of dying again crippling her mind too much to ever find peace or make it back to the living. She needed to be rid of this creature so that she could escape the moon before his body was found and anyone realised what had happened here.

Letting her frustrations feed her, she lifted one hand, pointing its fingers towards the Jedi, the fingers were lightly bent and she slowly turned her wrist to let her palm face upwards. There was no point pretending that he wouldn't know she was about to unleash something upon him, but she would not rush, letting his enjoy the moment of running through the possibilities of her powers in his mind. She brought her saber defensively across her body, ready for anything he might try, though she doubted he could do much to take her off guard. Her confidence was still strong depite dying once.*

"I remember." *Her voice growled with anger.* "And you can forbid my plans as much as you like, I'm not giving up, you want my weapon so much..." *Her eyes narrowed further and blazed with pure dark energies, closing her hand and focusing on the Force she attempted to drag her fist towards her, the action an immitation of the Force trying to grip hold of the Jedi and pull him closer, wanting to force him within reach of her blade and onto the stepping stones before her*. "Come get it, Old Rug."

Affiliation:

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:15 am

*Norun watched cautiously as the woman's arm extended out towards him, fingers splaying as though pointing at him with every digit. He noted the look in her eyes, and expected a torrent of traditional, and somewhat clich├â┬® Force Lightning to blast out at him. From experience, Norun knew his shaggy fur would at least protect him from the worst of the assault, but he also knew to expect severity in her attack, with her emotions running so high and wild. Drawing on the Force himself, he allowed the energy to flow through him, course through his veins, as he waited for the torrent of abuse to arc in his direction.

It did not come, and with her final claim that she would indeed never surrender, the Whiphid understood that there now was but one course of action. Forced arrest. The last time the pair had fought, he had managed to subdue her without lifting a finger. This time would be different, for she was stronger than before, and better prepared. Hespera would know his style, and though she was in essence still the same woman, she had a new shell within which to operate, which might well lead to some surprises down the line. Norun would have to treat this woman with respect and caution, as though fighting her for the first time. His blows would not actively seek her demise, for the body of Kennedia was still something to be preserved and if possible, restored. Norun would seek to detain the Sith soul, so she might be brought before the Council.

The Whiphid felt the tug on his body as her fingers closed, and she drew her fist towards herself. Indeed this action was most unexpected, but Norun went with it, not that he could do much with this level of surprise, to resist at first. As he skidded uncontrollably towards her, his feet fought for purchase on the ground, and as he reached the water and stepping stones, he leapt forwards with the motion, negating the resistance he had previously rendered, allowing the strength of the grip to send his bulky frame shooting at the woman, his lightsaber poised across his body, and his face contorted into a determined, tusked grimace. Whiphids were fearsome as much for their aggressive look, as they were their ability to fight, though in Norun's case, his mind was less consumed by the blood-lust of his nature, than it was soothed by the focus of the quieted mind of a seasoned Jedi.*

Post Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:13 pm

*Her eyes widened a little in surprise, she hadn't really expected him to give into to the pull so easily and she was suddenly aware of the walking rug flying straight towards her thrusting his saber before him. She would have loved to have made a comment about magic flying rugs, but she didn't have the time, instead immediately knowing she had moments to react and get herself into a position to defend. Dropping her hand she allowed the Force to dissipate she turned her awareness to the lake behind her, feeling the surface of the water for the blocks hiding beneath even as she leapt backwards to put enough space between her and the Whiphid.

As her feet landed squarely on stone she was momentarily glad of the flat shoes that Kennedia had loved so much, the surface slippery enough to make her realise her heeled boots would have probably have caused her to fall off the side with as much elegance as a flying Whiphid. The water splashed up, the cold liquid soaking through her trousers and sticking the material to her legs. She barely noticed its presence though as she quickly prepared to face whatever onslaught the Whiphid offered. She was shocked at his seeming keeness to fight her given his reluctance to raise a finger the last time they had fought. Had the taking of this woman's body upset him so much that he would risk everything to save her? Hespera wasn't even sure that Kennedia was still able to be saved, not that she had any intention of finding out. Kennedia was her access to the minds of so many around the universe, each mouldable into a new servant to the darkside. All the students would come to learn and find lessons that they would never imagine possible and those with the right potential would be raised to a station above all expectations.

And the best thing? Once this Jedi was destroyed the others would never suspect what was hiding in their midst, she would be their friend, she would teach any that desired to learn and open their eyes to the real power at their fingertips. The darkest threat to the Jedi was standing alongside them. Poor Norun, he really had no chance to walk away from here; it would be a terrible accident, the old fool walking out into the jungle and being eaten by one of the many hundred deadly creatures out there.*

"Do you need to catch your breath?"

*She raised her lightsaber, ready to counter any attack that he might try to start with, giving him the space and time to find his balance. She would at the very least give him a good fight, for old times sake.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat May 05, 2012 8:29 am

*With Hespera leaping back onto the next stone, it left Norun free to fall upon the one she had previously occupied. Feeling the tug on his presence dissipate, his body slowed noticeably as it flew through the air towards her. His intended charge had been avoided, and as his feet felt for the stone he hoped was there under the water, the black shadow of the temple ruins masking their exact position, he snarled with concentration as he attempted to stop himself in time, before perhaps skidding off the edge and into the deep water, rendering himself vulnerable.

Norun stopped, just, the edge of his foot teetering on the edge of the stone, a carefully he slipped it backwards towards him, ensuring a certain footing. Lightsaber in his right hand, held to his side and back in his stance, left hand empty and open, palm facing Hespera, the Whiphid hunched slightly, though it made little to no difference to his overall size compared to the woman's.*

"Your arrogance is still ever-present it seems, Sith. Perhaps this time it will not serve to be your own undoing, hmmm?"

*With the last sentiment, his eyes narrowed, tusks raising as his mouth stretched into a somewhat-mocking smile. He knew from experience how she reacted under such conditions, and also that if he was to be able to fight her convincingly, he might rely on her uncontrolled emotions running riot with her mind and actions, to gain the upper hand and subdue her.

The Whiphid waited, allowing calm and centring to overtake him once more, his breath labouring only slightly from the exertion of effort in his previous move, age taking its toll on him it seemed, and ensured his purpose was true and calculated, and not swayed by the Dark influences that were now beginning to try and take a grip on him as he neared their evil lair.*

Post Sun May 06, 2012 2:23 pm

*So this was it then. One would not leave this lake alive and strangely she felt her chances were greater than his, she always had had a sarcastic train of thought to match her quick witted tongue.

Standing her ground, she gazed at the Whiphid in front of her, his bulky frame loomed over her and she raised her head to look up at his. He was bigger up close than she remembered, or maybe she was just smaller than she remembered, death does strange things to memories and only half of the ones in her head were truly hers. His calmness was noticable in the chaos of darkness around her, and it angered her that he could be so controlled when he should be scared to face her, and to face her here of all places. She was the stronger one now, he should be feeling that, feel her anger sparking and rippling shadows outwards, a stone cast into the universe to influence all its tides. He was just a stubborn rock that needing beating down.*

"I think maybe you could do with losing a few inches, would you like a trim?"

*With those words she smiled, not arrogantly, but with malice in her eyes and with only a moments thought jumped forward, launching herself at back at the block she had just left. Her saber swung before her slashing at his thighs which wasn't as low for her as it would have been on a normal opponent, there was no point going for his shoulders until she had at least shaved him down a little. The displeasing yellow blade cut from right to left, trying to slice his left leg, driving her body behind it. If he didn't move they could end up in a very tight embrace balancing together over the lake. It would be interesting, although better to be this close now and not after he'd taken a dunk, wet fur wasn't one of her favourite scents.*

Affiliation:

Post Mon May 07, 2012 1:26 pm

*Her words drew no more than a gruff grunt from the Whiphid, who tightened his grip in readiness, not anger, for the affront. Focussing intently on the small woman, he was mentally prepared as best he could hope to be, to face her yet again. Norun knew this time was not a chance encounter, but a destiny. Whether it was his to turn her to the Council, to reunite the lost Kennedia with her physical form, and to banish the Sith who had selfishly stolen it from her, however, was yet to be determined. One way or another, he knew either he would succeed, and bring an end to an evil the likes of which the Galaxy need not see, or she would kill him. A grim fate to face, but one he had given himself unto completely.

As Hespera leapt forth, swinging her lightsaber round at his forward left leg, the Jedi retreated backwards a step, switching his stance as his left leg reverted to the back, and swung his own blade round in an arc, slicing downwards towards her lower strike, the bottom of his saber striking the top of hers and circling anti-clockwise. The blades clashed in brief flash of blue and yellow light, crackling and sizzling as the energy blades slid from one another. His right leg forwards, blade held out before him, tip pointing at the Sith as she landed on the stone in front of him, his left hand made its way to his hilt, gripping his lightsaber in both hands, awaiting her next attack. Soresu demanded minimal movement and artistry with the blade, to preserve stamina and strength, to outlast the opponent, and to maintain a tight defence. His moves would not differ, waiting for her lapse in concentration, or expression of exasperation, before he made his move.*

Post Sun May 13, 2012 1:31 pm

*Landing deftly, her feet finding purchase on the slippery stone, she felt the reverberation of the blades meeting traveling up her arm. She felt the same moment of irritation that she had felt the years before as she remembered that he would just allow her to tire herself rather than continue the attack. This body would tire far more easily than her old one would, she felt now her calves knotting in anger at landing so hard, it was not used to leaping around like a gizka.

Fine if he was going to play this game then she would change her own, reaching out with the Force she felt for what she wanted, a mind flashing close by, but one much simpler than hers or even the Whiphid and it was not alone. She held onto it, feeling its movement and at the moment she knew was right a slight smile came to her face, her left hand shooting out and palm facing upwards she flicked it at Norun, pulling the creatures through the Force. They couldn't resist, their silver bodies flickering as they breached the surface and caught the last rays of the fading sun, glowing a gentle orange as it dipped below the horizon. The fish were pulled free of the water, and they flew towards the large creature standing nearby, hoping the distraction would be enough to unsteady the jedi.*

"Dinner?"

*The grin deepening, she ducked low even as her arm finished its sweeping gesture twsiting her body to put her rightside onto him and her lightsaber swung out with the longest of her reach in a knee high cut, keeping below her left arm and try to lose the Whiphid a foot or two. Her own knee hovered just above the water, barely keeping clear of the cold liquid.*

Affiliation:

Post Tue May 15, 2012 11:19 am

*As the fish flew towards him, Norun let go of his saber, keeping it in his right hand and letting his guard drop. Though they were only fish, they were life forms, and as such did not warrant a wilful and needless destruction. Ducking as a couple launched towards his head, then swiftly dodging to his left then his right, he managed to avoid most of the small shoal of harmless missiles. A couple bounced off his chest, one clipped his shoulder as he failed to avoid it, and flapped and twitched their way back towards the safety of their watery home. Damp in places, though unharmed, Norun saw her subsequent attack a little late.

As he swipe came in, he knew his saber was not-best poised to block and defend his vulnerable leg, so he had to resort to something that may have proven to be a risky move, given he had no idea how big the blocks on which they stood were. Hopping back onto his left foot, he raised his right leg to avoid the follow-through of her attempt, but felt his standing foot slip on the greasy stone. Skidding merely a few inches, on normal ground, was no big deal, but it was treacherous in such a setting, and he managed barely to stop himself slipping further, as the edge of his foot registered the edge of the block he was precariously perched upon. Standing firm, his right foot dropping down once more, he adopted his previous stance again, both hands gripping the hilt of his saber in a strong defensive manner.

Now though, it was time to take the lead, as any further retreat would prove disastrous to the Whiphid. With a growl of focus, he lunged, stabbing forwards with his extensive range, though it could have been longer-reaching had he used only one hand in his grip, jabbing the point of his lightsaber towards the now-low Sith, aiming the point at her right shoulder, where the arm met the body, hoping to penetrate and disarm the woman, though also to leave her mostly intact, and alive, which was imperative at this stage.*

Post Tue May 22, 2012 3:24 am

*The flash of light came racing towards her, the smile was temporaily fixed as she realised that the Whiphid had given up playing nice. So much for trying to keep the body intact them. Realising quickly that she couldn't block the strike, she could only do the one thing that was left to her mind, go lower. Following her bodies movements from the sweep at his legs, Hespera simply dived straight into the water. The cold curtain enveloped her, sticking her clothes to her as she pushed down further, slipping the saber into her waistband, she had no idea if she could use it again but for now it wouldn't concern her. Instead she drew her last weapon, a knife, taken from the Praxeum its silver blade not capable of flashing in the darkness beneath the surface and she slowly swam deeper and around behind the block where the Whiphid stood.

Looking up the sky was almost dark and she knew the water would be an almost void to look into, the only thing that could give away her position was the way the water moved around her. Controlling her breath with the Force, she refused to release her lungs contents into the water, stopping any bubles from forming and breaking the surface. Holding her position stiil, she watched and waited, wanting to see how the huge beast reacted to the dissapearing Sith. She knew she couldn't let him leave, but would he give up so easily?*

Affiliation:

Post Tue May 22, 2012 1:09 pm

*As the woman disappeared into the inky waters, diving deep and out of sight, Norun shifted himself towards what he perceived to be the centre of the column. His saber held in both hands, the blade shining vertically at his right side, he desperately searched for any sign of the woman, knowing she would be trying to trick him, to flank him, or to pop out behind him. Norun couldn't see anything, no bubbles, no ripples, and the blackness of the water rendered spotting her coming obsolete. The Whiphid wasn't sure how much she could see peering upwards, but he had to assume, for safety's sake, that she could see him way before he would spot her.

His eyes narrowed in focus, reaching out in the Force to try and locate her that way, but his efforts fell dumb, the Sith concealing herself expertly from prying probes. This was a difficult, and seemingly hopeless situation. That was, until, he realised the obvious option. There were fish in the water, and the fish by nature would avoid the presence of a large, foreign creature in their domain. Instead of feeling for her, he felt for the fish, gaining enough understanding from their movements, roughly where she might be. There were glaring gaps of course, but at least he could narrow down where she may come from.

There were a handful of places that seemed plausible, and with swift movements, and careful eyes, he spun periodically on the balls of his feet, waiting, and trying to anticipate her emergence. The surroundings were silent save for the caw of a far-off bird, and the gentle thrum of his lightsaber, its blue hue bathing his face in an eerie glow.*

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:21 am

*Finally she struck, driving herself upwards like a sea bird launching back from the water the Force propelling her faster she lifted herself up from the water. Diving for the Whiphids ankles, the blade slashing through the air as she attempted to slice at the hairy legs and if she was lucky even catch the tendon. The water parted with her emergence, splashing outwards in a wave that cascaded over the stone the Whiphid stood on. As soon as she made her slashing attempt, she took a single breath and using the stone pushed herself backwards, following the wave deeper into the lake. This time she didn't dive beneath the surface, she swam gently on her back, her hands cutting the water as her legs kicked slowly. There was no rush. She smiled at the huge creature, goading him to follow her.*

"Hope you brought a towel... or perhaps a hair dryer would be more appropriate. Why not just let me go? I will leave this place, and never return. I promise. There is no reason to stay and I'm not stupid, a single Sith against so many Jedi? What kind of fool plays those odds? Let me walk away, no one will else will be harmed and once I am gone you can then tell your friends you remember me. Simple."

*She doubted he would be that much of a fool, but it was worth a try and hopefully the words would distract him from her taking herself to the Island the ruined temple stood upon. She could feel her strength increasing with every movement towards it, the darkside permeated the ground and radiated its brilliance on those that approached. The jedi would be weaker here, his powers dampened by the doubt of his fears. Whereas hers would grow, he would be lucky to ever step off the land again.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:31 pm

*The breaking of the water behind him made him turn his head. Instinctively he raised his leg, and spun on the heel of his grounded leg. Thankfully, it seemed, as her blade sliced through the air, surprisingly unaffected by the water she had submersed herself beneath. Clearly she could count herself fortunate that she had chosen to rob a poor Jedi whose saber had been adapted to such capabilities. The yellow blade cut where his leg had been, now raised above it, knee-bent, however it did not miss completely. His standing leg, unmoved more than a fraction from where it had been that she had targeted, was neatly gouged, a fine line singed through the thick fur on the front of his right leg, just above the knee, tracing a cauterized wound along the ridge atop his kneecap that saw the Whiphid suck air through clenched teeth in seething fashion.

The woman dove back into the water, and though Norun could follow her, his lightsaber would be rendered inoperable as a result. As he hobbled on the stone he stood upon, careful not to slip on its now-saturated surface, he narrowed his eyes in a scowl as she mocked him, though felt no anger behind it, merely a deep-rooted ponderance on how he should combat the situation. She was escaping, and he could not allow her to reach the temple, no matter how many Jedi that resided within; she had so far managed to avoid their scrutiny, which meant her stealth was impressive and immeasurable. She needed bringing to justice now, by him, for he knew the truth.

Steadying himself, his saber lowered, and his free hand raised towards her, palm open but fingers clenching as though grasping for something unseen. Concentrating in the Force, the Jedi Master projected his influence towards the woman, making use of a simple technique of telekinesis, in order to lift her from the murky black water in which she escaped, hoping to grasp her with enough assurety to carry her to more secure grounds, to subdue the Sith into a resignation.*

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:57 pm

*She felt a slight pull at her, as if she was getting lighter and rising up in the water, weird was this a strange side effect of the Darkside powers of the Temple? She suddenly realised though that she was indeed rising from the water and looking at the way the ugly one was gazing at her she reckoned it was either his fault or he'd suddenly realised she was pretty stunning looking, still a shame she wasn't blonde anymore. Next time she died she'd make sure she came back with good hair. Growling she did the one thing that she could think of doing, taking the knife she had just used to cut his leg she focused on him, pulling back her arm and throwing it forward, releasing the knife in a spin focusing hard as she helped guide its progress towards the creatures chest hoping that he might at least be distracted enough to let her go. Her body had already cleared the water, hovering above it dripping as she waited what seemed like an age but in reality was probably less than a second to see if her knife struck home and either she was released or the Whiphid fell.

Can Whiphids swim?

She had never bothered to find out enough about them to know, this was the only one she'd ever met and their last meeting had been enough to make her irrationally hate them enough to want to kill any others that she might struggle across, even know she was plotting a Whiphid hunt, how many creds could she offer for whoever collected the most pelts? She would carpet her new house with them, although she'd need to have them throughly cleaned first if the smell of this one was anything to go by.*

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:55 am

*The disturbance of her premeditated action created a subtle ripple in the Force; enough to grasp his attention, and to let his grip on the woman fade. The blade caught light as it spun towards him, alerting him to its danger, and more born of instinct, the Whiphid, spun and dipped to his side, losing his concentration on her in order to deal fully with the dagger. It all happened so fast it was perceived by the gargantuan in slow motion, rolling his shoulder and bending his knees to avoid being pierced by the weapon. Norun was old, but still quick enough, or rather, he was smart enough and conditioned enough to know how best to move with minimal effort. In his senior days he relied less upon the physical strength and speed of youth, and more upon smart movement.

The dagger cut finely through his robe as it passed millimetres from its intended target, scoring a neat line through thick fur and hide beneath, opening a shallow wound at his bicep that dragged its way from front to back. The dagger continued barely-hindered by the collision, and Norun's eyes snapped back towards the woman's location, wondering whether she had retreated to the water once more, to start this charade over, or had found grounding to ready another attack, He knew from experience how tricky this woman could be. Though he was older now, slower and more senile, she was in new body and probably finding her feet with it. The tables were most likely as even as they had been all those years ago, and given how that one ended, it bolstered his resolve, and gave him strength to his resilience.*

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:12 am

*She entered the water with a splash and thrashing of arms, it was probably the furthest from elegant as could be imagined, surrounded by the white frothing bubbles and her hair wrapping itself around her face and neck the shock of falling knocked the wind out of her. some instinct took over and found which way was up; darkness was falling so rapidly there was little light to swim to. Breaking the surface she gasped for air, forgetting a moment that she was under attack it was the water that was a greater threat than the walking rug at this moment and something in the water was radiating darkness. It hadn't really dawned on Hespera before now that the Temple could have leaked its power into other things, that amongst the lakes creatures the deadly could become even more so through centuries of dark power twisting them. Within the water lay a greater threat, one that had been woken by the thrashing so close to its home. In the darkness it hunted and the darkness was coming. Shifting from the hole beneath the surface, it oozed like a pool of ink, each tentacle sliding free and its large scaled body following. Once into the open waters it moved with horrifying speed, feeling the ripples and bubbles in the water calling it towards its prey.

The Sith dragged herself coughing up onto the bank of the island the temple stood upon, her weight supported on her elbows as she tried to find the strength to pull herself completely free of the water. Her waterlogged clothes were dead weight and she was exhausted. She would need to find somewhere to hide and get her breath back before she could face the Whiphid again, she didn't have time for this. Internally she growled, frustrated at her luck running into this meddling fool. It only took a few moments to realise that frustration turned into blind panic, she felt something wrapping around her ankle, turning her head slowly she looked down at the water to see the glowing eyes of the Force imbued creature. She only had time to do one more thing: scream. With one ear splitting shriek she felt the tentacle tighten around her leg and herself dragged from the bank, her nails trying to find purchase and ripped and broken as she fought a losing battle. She dissapeared beneath the surface quickly and found herself dragged deeper and deeper by the creature, losing all sense of up and down as she plunged into the pitch black depths.*

Affiliation:

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:20 am

*Her scream pierced the cold silence, alerting him to her position as he had been searching for her. Turning just in time, the Whiphid saw....something.... a dark, foreboding, monstrous shape beneath the already-black waters. By the movement and pure darkness of the object alone, it was abundantly clear this was not good news for the woman whom it had in its sights. As her head swiftly disappeared beneath the cold rippling lake, followed by flailing, scrambling arms, Norun watched the beast shrink as it dove with its captive.

At first he was dumbstruck, but with the shock settling in a heartbeat, he knew his ordeal had just become far worse than could have been anticipated. Fighting the Sith woman was one thing, but contending with both her, and the devilish creatures that apparently inhabited this desolate place, was something even the most focussed and strong of Master Jedi might struggle with. Regardless, his first priority was to the safety of the woman, not for the Sith who had taken the vessel of course, though redemption would be sought for even her; but for the sake of the soul she had robbed of its body. That poor woman who had been cast asunder in favour of the wilful Sith, whose body now slowly gurgled for air, to be drowned and consumed by some unsavoury monster.

That was no end for anyone, and Norun needed to act fast in order to help. Switching off his lightsaber and dropping it where he stood, it would serve no purpose for him when wet, he dropped his robe too to shed some drag, and promptly dove into the water, swimming somewhat blindly down towards the dwindling pair of forms, slowly but surely catching up to them. Meeting the eyes of the Sith, eyes full of fear and confusion, he reached out his hand towards her, hoping to drag her free of captivity, or at the least to grant him respite in being dragged with the beast, rather than having to exert energy to keeping pace.

Hauling himself with a strong tug on her arm, not so much concerned for the pressure such a move would put on her lithe limb and comparatively small shoulder, he managed to get grip on a flapping tentacle. The monster clearly knew it had been caught, and took evasive manoeuvres, changing rapidly from a dive, to a surfacing at speed, trying desperately to shake its pursuer. It wasn't going to happen easily though as the vice-like grip of the strong Whiphid clamped on the creature, nails digging-into slimy, scaly flesh. His free hand sought for his boot, and the small dagger nestled within, missing it often with the jerking movements he had no control over, before at last his fingers found what he looked for, and pulled the weapon free of its housing.

Whilst his lungs screamed and burned, the pressure slowly building and the urge to open his mouth and breathe increasingly irresistible, the Whiphid sought for the tentacle that gripped the woman amongst the mass of flailing palpi. He found it, and promptly jammed the blade into it just below where it coiled around the Sith's leg. Without caring for accuracy, and unable to be so precise given the turbulent jostling from the beast, Norun carved forcefully, randomly, hacking away at the thick tendril to free it from the core body, and release the prisoner.*
Previous

Return to Temple of Exar Kun