Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Open Orbit

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:12 pm

Re: Open Orbit

[quote="Xeonon Solomon":26yaklxh][narration:26yaklxh]The Hope burst into the blackness of real space leaving behind the tumbling turny blue stuff of hyperspace behind. Its old hull gleamed in the darkness like a beacon of hope, light and everything good in the otherwise accursed place. On the bridge Xeonon stood looking out at the planet below them, Nem wasnt kidding about the worlds power. Already he could feel a coolness flow into his blood and bones, of course this could also be the pre mission jitters. Turning around he nodded at those around him.[/narration:26yaklxh] No backing out now guys and girls.[/quote:26yaklxh]

[action:26yaklxh]Nicolina, tossing her Stormtrooper armor's helmet up and down as she looks out the forward viewport at the orange planet looming ahead in the star speckled sea of inky blackness, grins as X-man says there's no backing out now, tucking her helmet under her left arm as she walks over to the sensor station and leans over the boards to see if any signs of their arrival having been detected are showing up as she says,[/action:26yaklxh] "Think we passed the point of no return a while back, sir. Looks like we're golden for the moment, no sign of scout or patrol ships yet, but I'd suggest we don't just sit around with our thumbs up our asses. Whatever we're gonna do to try and get down to the surface without being detected we'd better do it a.s.a.p., sir."

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:46 pm

*The Force, for Faina, has always been something that she can access and use, nothing more. She has always understood that the Force has a dark and light side, but has always thought that it was something that depended on who was using it, not something that existed in and of itself. As they arrive in orbit over Korriban and the planet's malignant presence begins to grow stronger and stronger in her awareness of the Force, Faina learns that she was wrong and a worried crease appears between her brow, making her normally impassive expression more expressive than usual, having taken on a note of disgust or perhaps concentration as she tries to keep the taint from worming its way further into her consciousness.*

*Hearing the leader of the Stormtroopers that have accompanied them here speak, Faina shakes her head as though to clear it, looking over to Xeonon and asking,* "Do we know of any settlements we can set down in or near where we can start questioning the locals?"

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:42 pm

*Sitting in his cockpit awaiting the arrival of someone or something, to shoot at, he very nearly opens fire on the Hope, before he recognizes it as the ship Nem had docked with over Kessel. Taking a deep breath, Non-Com decided to make planet fall before he caused an accident in orbit with his overly eager trigger finger. Turning Bes'bavar towards the planet he begins searching it for any sign of life and see a rather large city on the surface. Curious he pulls up data from the local traffic control networks, which were surprisingly up to date for an abandoned tomb world, and finds the city is called Dreshdae. He ponders landing there, but knows even a Mandolorian can't fight an entire world alone. So he sets a course for place several miles south of the city, not to far away, but with enough distance that a ship would have to go out of it's way to intercept him from the city, so that he'd have an idea of what he was facing if any threat rose from the surface.

The ship slides quickly through orbit, moving away for Hope and the undetected Bleeding Orifice, towards the dusty planet below. NCO had a feeling he wasn't going to like this planet, and grinned, as that meant he'd have no problems laying waste to it.*

Galactic Battle Arena Judge
Galactic Battle Arena Judge

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:04 pm

[quote="Nicolina Foresi":3f2vy27a]"Think we passed the point of no return a while back, sir. Looks like we're golden for the moment, no sign of scout or patrol ships yet, but I'd suggest we don't just sit around with our thumbs up our asses. Whatever we're gonna do to try and get down to the surface without being detected we'd better do it a.s.a.p., sir."[/quote:3f2vy27a]

[narration:3f2vy27a]As Xeonon stood at the controls of the ship he simply nodded[/narration:3f2vy27a] There is no need to not be detected, there are people here you can even see a trail of ships going to and fro the planet [narration:3f2vy27a]He said as he pointed over to cargo ships heading to the no doubt Czerka offices and such.[/narration:3f2vy27a] Hey AI lady, do a quick scan of local comms traffic and mimic it as best as you can while taking us down to Dreshdae. [narration:3f2vy27a]The largest and most populated part of the planet, it would be easiest for them to blend in there.[/narration:3f2vy27a] Everyone get cloaks before we leave, no need to arrause suspicion with a bunch of people in armour.

[quote="Faina Nikulin":3f2vy27a]"Do we know of any settlements we can set down in or near where we can start questioning the locals?"[/quote:3f2vy27a]

[narration:3f2vy27a]Nodding assertment Xeonon felt the ships engines rumble to life beneath his boots as it started its way into the local traffic of the planet, to be lost amoung the countless ships. Taking out his datapad he sent Nem a quick message.[/narration:3f2vy27a]

[code:3f2vy27a]Heading to Dreshdae, meet up there [/code:3f2vy27a] [narration:3f2vy27a]It was short and to the point, and totally encrypted only known to Nem and a few select outsiders who knew the code.[/narration:3f2vy27a] Sorry, yes there is one a small stop over for pilots mostly, or anyone crazy, or stupid enough to live on this rock of a planet. I"m sure there would be plenty of people to meet there. [narration:3f2vy27a]As they spoke the ship entered the planets atmosphere and totally acting like a boss flew towards the settlement.[/narration:3f2vy27a]

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:00 am

*Whiskey Lullaby dropped hyperspace, the buzzers on board awakening the ships only pilot and caretaker, John. With a groan, he rolled out of his bed and then made his way up the ladder to the cockpit. Sitting there in just a pair of jeans, most people thought space to be cold, but John didn't mind. He wiped his eyes then looked over the panels. Everything was in the clear. He snapped up the mic and hit the comm. button for the room Alenara had decided to take as her own. His original actually, as she could not fit her all she brought with her in the others, but John didn't mind much.*

:: Alena, time to wake up. We are in Korriban's orbit now, and I need you up in case someone starts firing. ::

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:48 pm

[quote="Xeonon Solomon":541bl0n1][narration:541bl0n1]As Xeonon stood at the controls of the ship he simply nodded[/narration:541bl0n1] There is no need to not be detected, there are people here you can even see a trail of ships going to and fro the planet [narration:541bl0n1]He said as he pointed over to cargo ships heading to the no doubt Czerka offices and such.[/narration:541bl0n1] Hey AI lady, do a quick scan of local comms traffic and mimic it as best as you can while taking us down to Dreshdae. [narration:541bl0n1]The largest and most populated part of the planet, it would be easiest for them to blend in there.[/narration:541bl0n1] Everyone get cloaks before we leave, no need to arrause suspicion with a bunch of people in armour.[/quote:541bl0n1]

[action:541bl0n1]Nicolina grins and gives X-man a thumbs up when he says he sees no need to try and make their approach all stealthy like, cheerily saying,[/action:541bl0n1] "You're the boss, boss, [action:541bl0n1]and then, after he mention the idea of finding cloaks for everyone, says,[/action:541bl0n1] Might also be a good idea to limit the number of armored peeps walking around in cloaks too, yeah? We don't need to have [i:541bl0n1]everyone[/i:541bl0n1] doing the questioning locals gig, right? [action:541bl0n1]Smiling with a shrug of her shoulders, she smiles sweetly and says to X-man,[/action:541bl0n1] But you're the boss, boss."

[narration:541bl0n1]As Nicolina is making her suggestion, Talon, having roused himself from his drunken slumber in a maintenance closet in time to take the pilot's seat for the exit from hyperspace, rubs the side of his aching head and blinks a few times before, increasing their speed and bringing their ship onto the heading that will take them to their destination, guides the ship from orbit into Korriban's upper atmosphere and then down towards [url=http://www.jedivsith.com/viewtopic.php?f=657&t=923&start=1040:541bl0n1]Dreshdae[/url:541bl0n1]. . .[/narration:541bl0n1]

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:46 am

[quote="John Harlow":2vxhg3dz][action:2vxhg3dz][i:2vxhg3dz]Whiskey Lullaby[/i:2vxhg3dz] dropped hyperspace, the buzzers on board awakening the ships only pilot and caretaker, John. With a groan, he rolled out of his bed and then made his way up the ladder to the cockpit. Sitting there in just a pair of jeans, most people thought space to be cold, but John didn't mind. He wiped his eyes then looked over the panels. Everything was in the clear. He snapped up the mic and hit the comm. button for the room Alenara had decided to take as her own. His original actually, as she could not fit her all she brought with her in the others, but John didn't mind much.[/action:2vxhg3dz]

[comlink:2vxhg3dz]Alena, time to wake up. We are in Korriban's orbit now, and I need you up in case someone starts firing.[/comlink:2vxhg3dz][/quote:2vxhg3dz]
[narration:2vxhg3dz]I awake with a start, somewhat confused where I am, before the rush of thoughts hits me. Korriban orbit by now, and John seems to be confirming it. John is a sweet guy, but I am glad for his sense of humour. At least I hope he is joking about being fired upon. It could end up being rather bad turning to dust over Korriban. Especially seeming its practically a planet of dust and dead Sith, interestingly enough the reason I am here. A strange liking that I have taken up, though I don't wish people to know the extent of this hobby.[/narration:2vxhg3dz]
[color=#00BFFF:2vxhg3dz]Hey John, do you think Korriban will end up being dangerous? I don't get much chance to train with my lightsaber, so I might need your help if we get attacked.[/color:2vxhg3dz]

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:02 am

Do I think it will be? Home world of the sith...I'm pretty much banking on it. But if you thought I was going to sit and wait, you still don't know much about me. I'll be watching your back.

*John gave her a wink. Having already seen a good portion of her back on Rhen Var, he took a peek when chances arose. But aside from him being a young man, he was also serious. He had taken a liking to Alena, and wasnt about to let her get hurt. Deep down he hoped the day they were to part ways never came. He wasn't ready to move down to the planet just yet.*

Take your time to get ready eh? I don't want to rush on down there.

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:37 am

That is fair enough. Hey Johnny, do you reckon you could give me some advice.
*My voice echoes from the Captain's personal quarters, and I walk out moments later wearing nothing but my . I smile sweetly at John Harlow, and hold up two different sets of garments. The first is my typical designed for easy movements. The other was more casual dress, , and in fact it even came with a nice stylish bag. Well I thought so anyways.*
I am trying to think what Korriban will be like. Do you think I will need to be battle ready, or would a more casual sophisticated look work better? After all, looking all battle ready might spark conflict with the Sith.

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:38 am

Yeah, of course I can hel-

*John turned around, right info the stunning view of her. If there was a god, John thought, he was on the dieties good side. John do not do anything, giving rise to an awkward silence as his mouth hung open. Finally being able to pull his eyes away from her enough to see the other outfits, John found himself not wanting to even leave the ship if it meant he could keep the view.*

Is what your wearing an option? I really like that outfit...

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:32 am

Oh John! You're such a tease! Seriously though, which would be better suited?
*I wink at John, and giggle with a broad smile on my face. I am glad John has a sense of humour, cause most the people I usually hang around suffer from a lack of humour, probably because they are Mandalorians and have had if beaten our of them. In fact, that brings rise to another option of clothing, but I don't think I brought it. Maybe a cheap knock off could be bought on Dreshdae? Nah, it doesn't matter, my two options are good enough.*
If I had brought my beskar'gam, maybe that would have suited better? Oh well, too late now.

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:04 am

*John's eyes were still rather widem ever as she went on about what outfit to pick. He thought it was adorable that she thought he was teasing, when really it was his way of dropping hints without being overly open. He shool his head in an attempt to get over the fact that she was not dressed, and after a silent moment that seemed like forever to him, he spoke up.*

I wasn't teasng, but I guess be ready for everything and go combat ready. Even I plan on wearing some armor.

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:03 am

What ever you say Johnny.
*I wink at him and return to the room to get changed into my combat attire. John was truly a cute man, always teasing and flirting. I like him, he is fun. I attach my lightsaber to my belt and slip my shoes into my boots. Smiling, I exit the room once again and head to John. Coming over to him, I move my arm around his waist and push lightly with the arm for him to lead me onward so we can head down planet side.*
I might have to buy some armour before we head out, but then again, I might not need it. Oh well, I think it will be fun once we are down there. Do you think it will be cold? I wouldn't think so, once in the tombs I imagine it will be quite warm.

Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:21 am

**John did not say to terribly much after Alena pushed for him to lead on. He motioned for her to go up the ladder to the cockpit, giving him the chance to peek at her back side yet again. As he set the ship on a course to land down on the planet, he showed Alenara what to look for before he slid back down the ladder, and going into his room, with the ship on auto-pilot. He took the moment of free time to strap on his durasteel chestplate before returning to yhe cockpit and gracefully piloting the ship down.*
Previous

Return to Korriban's Orbit