Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Coruscant's Underworld

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:54 pm

Re: Coruscant's Underworld

*One step at a time. Feeling rattled and battered with bruises, cut and burned by an Infamous man called the Director. Vin struggled to regain his breath when he stopped near a public vicinity of various stores, clubs or restaurants. There was a strong stench of smoke, the building didn't seem to have a certain name revealing it's type but the smog emitted from it's door way where a six foot man stood guarding it's entrance. Someone was also after him, he turned his head towards the guard.* I'm so close . *He turned around and noticed a few civilians playing some sort of dice game on the ground, he knelt down and watched disguising himself as one with the people.*

*Four men wearing ragged clothes plated with shoulder armor, ammo belts running down their chests, one wore goggles, another wore sunglasses, but one of them had full armor on. This must be their leader, they must of been some sort of bounty hunters. As Vin moved though, credits rattled in his pocket, credits worth thousands and he was just there, the crime lords den. He looked into the corner of his eye watching as they moved on, he stood up and turned around. Shockingly, the barrel of a bounty hunters blaster faced him.* So, very close. My friend i have papers with your name on it, 10 thousands credits say i can have you dead or alive. *Vin starred at him, a few men playing dice stood up and scattered. His heart raced, this man was known to be trigger happy and he already knew this wasn't the type of man that you could negotiate with. This hunter was toying with him. Vin starred at him waiting for any chance he could get.* I hear you have a Gal waitin for yah just in the building behind me and if you don't deliver those credits soon there's gonna be a blaster hole directly threw her brain.. *The man laughed.* And i say you have um..

*He raised his wrist to look at the time, with no time to waist Vin moved his own head to the right while grabbing his wrist to push the blaster away. With his wrist held up Vin's fist connected with the mans gut knocking the wind out of him causing him to hunch over into Vin's rising knee which fractured the mans jaw. He stumbled back with a sigh of pain grabbing his damaged jaw, but before he knew it Vin stepped forward, then to the side following by a jump to the left side, Vin lifted his leg executing a famous rising kick which came down across the mans face.

He fell over but he man was already dead before he hit the ground with his jaw breaking off then shattering, the force of Vin's kick finished him off by twisting the head and snapping his neck. He felt a sudden disturbance but he wasn't any super man, when suddenly a throbbing pain exploded into his head. The back end of a guards assault rifle smashed against his head, first everything went dark. He could even hear his own heart beat before he was finally knocked out.*

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:25 am

*Was this all just one bad nightmare he had to wake up from? He felt pain all throwout his body even before he had awoken, or maybe he was waking up from a nightmare only to realize he had awoken and entered into a good dream.*Those eyes.. *A smirk crossed his mouth. He knew this girl, he loved this girl. She was giving him a faint and weary smile, she seemed weak but he didn't notice this yet. Vin felt crippled but it was just the pain surging threw his body, what had they done to him? It even hurt as he raised his hand and gently touched the side of her bruised face. She leaned in as he looked into her eyes with a smile knowing he had finally found her.

He was given an order by his master not to come down here. He had to, he couldn't just leave her here to die. It wouldn't of been the Jedi way, Jedi were heroes and guardians. So he did what he had to do and he did, he was here. So what was bad about this? She leaned in and whispered into his ear.*
I'm so sorry.. *Something was terribly wrong here. Life was leaving her body, he shook his head. The two of them were together in a prisoner hold, she was laying beside him on the ground with blaster wounds in her back, blood staining her shirt that now stained the palm of his hand as he went to hold her. He lifted his hand to see the blood with shock, he looked at her.* No...don't do this. Don't you do this!

*Adrenalin rushed threw him, despite the excruciating pain he held her close. Shes dead, with the force he could even feel her life force leaving the body. At the same time, he even felt the good in him leave. Like he was holding the fragile galaxy in the palm of his hand he rested her down on the floor. He turned to face a man behind an energy field, this man was known as the director. He didn't say anything, it was as if he was studying Vins reaction. Like watching an animal in it's habitat. Vin screamed with utter anger and swung at the energy field, between his fist and the field, electricity erupted and electrocuted him.* You entertain me Vincent. I am very glad we get to speak face to face physically for the first time...I am excited to know what my studies come to.

*He would be foolish to continue his fist bombardment against this energy field. His shouts of anger altered the Directors mood, his feelings were being manipulated by Vin himself. Fear entered him, but he was an understanding man. He knew what Vin was trying to do, like a Jedi attempts a mind trick on a smuggler over money, it wouldn't work.* I will study you for the remainder of time that you continue this out roar, until then Jedi, I would like you to know you will be here for a long time. And in time, you will learn your place as my apprentice.

*Vin approached the energy field close and starred him in the eyes.* Your death will be slow...do you hear me?

*The Director laughed, he observed his former state and how he was reacting threw revenge. VIn didn't realize what he was doing but the man was using him to know what makes a jedi, tick.* You could barely move. And now you stand strong with hate...embrace that and maybe you can get out of here. The day you realize this, the day you get out of here. Is the day you will complete your first lesson...as my apprentice.

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:15 pm

*It was in the nature of Sith to feed on someone else's hate. To make others suffer and think about only himself, she was still there, the woman he loved rotting on the floor. He couldn't stop it, he couldn't prevent the death no matter how much he wanted, and he wanted to SO bad, she was slipping threw his finger tips like quick sand trying to hold on, feeling helpless, his stomach sank when her eyes grew faint. Now he was the one in over his head, she is ashes and he is fire. He screamed out so loud everyone could feel fear emitting within while the other inmates laughed, some cried in fear of this but everything around him was fueling him to outburst.

Logic was gone, he smashed his fist against the energy field despite the bolts of electricity being sent threw his body. Adrenlin and hate blinded him from the pain, he brought himself to the side against the wall. Feeling the cold stone when he heard his masters words that he once said. With age comes wisdom. It was almost an echo because everything else was dark inside. He felt the cold wall then turned to look at it, he stepped back then lifted his arm. As soon as he channeled the force a bolt of lightening surged off the energy field and zapped him into the back wall. Did it really detect his midichlorian outburst?! He looked down as his chest was smoking, his cloak burnt. Now, he was tired. No energy left.

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:18 pm

*A speeder was moving in the Underworld at a steady rate when Jedi Master Shan stepped off and parked the vehicle to the side of a building. Ben looked over at the gang hide out, he told Vin not to come here. Now he had to break him out of there, he wasn't just going to let his apprentice die. He slipped threw the crowd moving each way threw the street then approached the guard standing in front of the door.* I'm here to see your boss concerning a young Jedi that was taken captive by your men.

*The guard was twice as tall, much stronger physically but his mental capability was no where near the Jedi Masters. He took a few steps towards him then looked down upon him.* Jedi have no business here, get out of my sight. *You see, people like this have to much confidence, they over estimate themselves. Ben didn't budge, instead he looked at him in the eye.* Your on Coruscant my friend, you may have a couple dozen hired guns down here but you have the weight of the Republic and Jedi order resting above your heads. Move aside, please.

*The large man chuckled and merely looked at him. Ben looked down with a slight shake of his head when suddenly he looked back up at him and wavered his hand.* You will let me in and then your going to leave and start fresh...make a better life. *For a second the man starred at him. Benjamin was good at the Jedi mind trick technique, it was one of the powers he focused on learning the most during his training years. The man nodded and began walking away.*I'm gonna go start out fresh...

*Ben smiled brushing his mustache to each side with his thumb and index finger while nodding.* Many thanks.. *He continued inside were there was a long hall way. He moved down the hall, passed an open doorway when he heard someone shout at him. A guard moved out behind him.* Hey what are you doing in here!

*Benjamin turned around and thought he'd put on an act. He began looking confused, he'd done this before and it didn't let him down.* Oh- um yes. I seem to be lost. *He chuckled.Then struggled intentionally to pull out an old map of the Judland wastes on Tatooine.* Now if you could just hold this here- *He closed his robe after he took the page from the inner pocket.* I could just- show you... *The man extended the paper looking at what seems to be Tatooine. He arched an eye brow when suddenly Benjamins fist came plumedging threw the page knocking out he guard.* -Just...show you my fist.

*He chuckled and turned around making his way down to the end of the hall again. A three way hallway, he looked each way then turned to the right and took a stair case down a level. This building was pretty large. Vin remained in his cell, he sat on the floor, now wearing nothing but his lower robe and belt. He covered her corpse with his own robe. This was the stage of sadness he reached, hours had passed and he had not seen a living soul since the Director had left. No one was coming for him he thought. He was alone down here.*

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:13 pm

[quote="Lex Ryjin":12vgoafl][narration:12vgoafl]Dessert? She really doesn't get the concept of a limited food supply, does she?[/narration:12vgoafl] [color=#BFBFFF:12vgoafl]"We find a well used trail and we set a snare on it, and once that snare catches a rat, we snap its neck. If you want, I can let you do the honors.[/color:12vgoafl] [action:12vgoafl]He glanced at her over his shoulder as they walked.[/action:12vgoafl] [color=#BFBFFF:12vgoafl]"It's only fair to let you kill your first meal down here."[/color:12vgoafl] [narration:12vgoafl]That's gonna be fun. Especially if she can't kill it on her first try.[/narration:12vgoafl] [color=#BFBFFF:12vgoafl]So what was your boyfriend's deal anyway? The pretty one, not the greasy one. Ordinarily I wouldn't give a frak, but since I can't seem to get rid of you I figure I might as well know who it was I killed to save your pretty little choobies."[/color:12vgoafl][/quote:12vgoafl]

[color=#FF80BF:12vgoafl]├óÔé¼┼ôThought you [i:12vgoafl]didn├óÔé¼Ôäót[/i:12vgoafl] kill him to save me,├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:12vgoafl] [i:12vgoafl][color=#BF40FF:12vgoafl]Lishra remarked dryly with a sideways glance at Lex, amusement playing with her lips. She rubbed the palms of her hands on her pants to remove the tacky feeling left by the sewer water, which didn├óÔé¼Ôäót work because her slacks were still damp and just as gummy. Casting her eyes around, the brunette├óÔé¼Ôäós amusement quickly soured.[/color:12vgoafl][/i:12vgoafl] [color=#FF80BF:12vgoafl]├óÔé¼┼ôAnd Erik Faust was most definitely [i:12vgoafl]not[/i:12vgoafl] my boyfriend, though I├óÔé¼Ôäóm sure that was part of his eventual goal,├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:12vgoafl] [i:12vgoafl][color=#BF40FF:12vgoafl]she scowled.[/color:12vgoafl][/i:12vgoafl] [color=#FF80BF:12vgoafl]├óÔé¼┼ôMy father is an entrepreneur; he has his hands in every worthy pie on the table of Coruscant, and he owns one of the biggest credit banks on the planet. He encountered Erik in a business arrangement and apparently liked his ├óÔé¼╦£ambition├óÔé¼Ôäó, so, he took him under his wing.├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:12vgoafl]

[i:12vgoafl][color=#BF40FF:12vgoafl]Lishra kicked a piece of plasteel trash sitting lonely and forgotten in their path. Bitterness leaked through her voice.[/color:12vgoafl][/i:12vgoafl] [color=#FF80BF:12vgoafl]├óÔé¼┼ôAnd then, when my father learned that Erik had contacts and connections in high places, he set up an elaborate party engineered to introduce me to him, thinking to use me as leverage or bait. Long story short, because I know you don├óÔé¼Ôäót want details and you├óÔé¼Ôäóre not actually interested, Erik immediately decided he could have his cake and eat it too, right there at the party, and when I punched him in the face and humiliated him in front of his friends, he stalked me for the next month, terrorizing me, and then├óÔé¼┬ªwell├óÔé¼┬ªthe alley behind the opera,├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:12vgoafl] [i:12vgoafl][color=#BF40FF:12vgoafl]she said, waving her hands in ending.[/color:12vgoafl][/i:12vgoafl] [color=#FF80BF:12vgoafl]├óÔé¼┼ôYou know the rest.├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:12vgoafl]

[i:12vgoafl][color=#BF40FF:12vgoafl]She moistened her lips.[/color:12vgoafl][/i:12vgoafl] [color=#FF80BF:12vgoafl]├óÔé¼┼ôAnd yes, I did actually punch someone. In heels and a gown. Though I├óÔé¼Ôäóm one-hundred percent I did it wrong, there was no blood or crushed noses or anything.├óÔé¼┬Ø[/color:12vgoafl]

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:57 pm

*She actually punched him in the face?* *He glanced across his shoulder and ran his eyes up and down her small frame, recalling just how huge this Erik had been.* *Well, she's definitely got guts. That'll come in handy.* "You probably didn't draw blood because you had to reach so high. He was too tall for you to use your shoulders or hips for power." *She's gonna have to learn to fight sometime, might as well be sooner than later.* *Spinning in place, he drove his fist toward her face, rotating his hips and pushing his shoulder forward as he did so, generating far more power than simply using the arm to drive the blow. His fist stopped abruptly a hairsbreadth from her face.* "Like that." *He lowered his arm.* "But like I said, he was too tall for you. When that happens again, go for the throat or the nose. If it's the throat then just about any punch will do, and if it's the nose, use the heel of your hand and shove it up into his nostrils. Both of those might actually kill him. Now, practical application." *His arm reached back up to grip her throat and begin pushing her backwards toward the wall, the same move Erik had used on the surface.*

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:37 am

├óÔé¼┼ôPractical ap├óÔé¼ÔÇØ"

But her question was cut off as Lex├óÔé¼Ôäós hand closed around her throat. ├óÔé¼┼ôLex! What-..what are you-" Lishra felt her body shift backwards, and for a confused moment she hesitated, her fingers prying at his wrist as her feet tried to keep up with the movement. She could feel the wall rising behind her. Images of the alley flooded her thoughts, bringing the ghosts of past emotions spinning to the surface.

Lishra stomped them back down. This was a training exercise now. There was no real danger├óÔé¼┬ªright? Practical application. She furrowed her brow in concentration and watched his neck in the gloom. It seemed like the easiest place to hit. So, anchoring one hand on his wrist, Lishra made a fist and whipped her other arm outwards towards the pale flesh of his throat. She fell miserably short, and he hadn├óÔé¼Ôäót even tried dodging. She screwed up her face in determination and tried again, pushing a little with her feet.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:46 am

*He caught her fist and didn't release her throat.* "Don't attack recklessly. Wait for an opening." *He narrowed his eyes and leaned in close.* "If you had, I'd be in range right now." *...this is really gonna hurt.* *He was fully aware of the fact that he had no hold on her other hand, and even though the angle would be awkward, she would be able to generate enough force to make breathing uncomfortable at the least. Assuming she saw the opening.*

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:02 am

It took her a moment, but she found it.

Lex still had her other hand. For a moment, as he leaned in, Erik├óÔé¼Ôäós face flashed in place of his. As her back hit the grimy tunnel wall, Lishra released her grip on his forearm and shot her arm out, hurling her free fist back at his throat as hard as she could. Which probably wasn├óÔé¼Ôäót all that hard. A fairy probably had more muscle mass than Lishra did. But she was resolute in her force and angry at her own inexperience. She tried using the wall behind her as something to push and lend extra strength, but he was squarely in front of her. Awkward angle indeed.

Out of impulse, she kicked at his shins with one foot, effort pursing her lips.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:12 am

*He recoiled as her fist struck his throat, releasing her and softening the blow somewhat in the process.* *Frak! I'm officially an idiot. What the hell was I thinking?* *His hand immediately went to his throat and began to massage it, and he was too busy trying to breath to notice the kick to his shins (which admittedly was a little weak). Straightening after several moments, he cleared his throat several times then spoke in a hoarse voice.* "Yup. Just like that." *He gave her a thumbs up sign.* "Good job, frakker."

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:24 am

├óÔé¼┼ôI├óÔé¼Ôäóm sorry I├óÔé¼Ôäóm sorry!!├óÔé¼┬Ø she chanted. Lishra tossed her hands up in the air in frustration. ├óÔé¼┼ôYou did say practical application!!├óÔé¼┬Ø she huffed, but her brow crinkled in concern. The brunette left the wall and approached him cautiously, her limbs unconsciously tensed. He looked like he was regretting this. ├óÔé¼┼ôAre you-├óÔé¼┬ªI├óÔé¼Ôäóm sorry, I didn├óÔé¼Ôäót mean├óÔé¼┬ªwell, I guess I did mean, but-..are you..ok?├óÔé¼┬Ø He├óÔé¼Ôäós probably wishing he├óÔé¼Ôäód gutted me back in the alley, too, she thought.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:40 am

*As a matter of fact, he was regretting it, and in two quick motions he had his left hand around her throat and a punch-dagger in his right. Without hesitation, he drove the dagger toward her stomach, then opened his fist and let the blade shift down, his knuckles lightly impacting her stomach instead of the blade slicing into it.* "Dead." *His voice was low and dangerous.* *What right does she have to care about me? Who gave her permission to be concerned?* "Caring gets you killed. Don't ever do that again." *He released her and slid the knife back into its sheath.* "This is how it is down here. If you care, this world will chew you up and spit you out. I have to be harder than that. Harder than all of it." *Because if I'm hard enough, then it can't break me.*

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:25 pm

There was a fierce, slightly wounded monologue at the back of her throat, all about how compassion isn├óÔé¼Ôäót a weakness or something to be stamped out, even in the Underworld, how it can give you purpose and power, a reason to survive. She wanted to hurl her words at his inflexible shell and show him that there was another way, that not everyone in this galaxy was untrustworthy or vile, that you didn├óÔé¼Ôäót have to live alone and empty. Lishra opened her mouth to yell at Lex.

What came out was something else entirely.

├óÔé¼┼ôBut you weren├óÔé¼Ôäót, were you?├óÔé¼┬Ø Her voice was soft, gentle, full of empathy, but her eyes were sharp, and they cut across Lex├óÔé¼Ôäós face like a blade as she looked up at him. ├óÔé¼┼ôYou weren├óÔé¼Ôäót always so unbreakable, so indifferent. You cared once, I think. You cared openly, generously, and then something happened, and you just shut it all down, flipped the switch, because not feeling anything was better than the pain of that loss.├óÔé¼┬Ø She held his eyes.

Lishra stepped close, barely a fingers width of space between them. Tension crackled there. She wanted to run away and stand here forever at the same time. ├óÔé¼┼ôYou had to survive it somehow. And you did. But now what are you? Alone, unfeeling, heartless. What do you have to live for now? Aren├óÔé¼Ôäót you tired of it?├óÔé¼┬Ø She was fully aware she was pushing the envelope here. Her bold nature egged her onwards, but something killed her voice and pulled her feet back a few steps. Maybe it was self-preservation. She turned away.

It certainly wasn├óÔé¼Ôäót self-preservation that whipped her back around as her fist shot out towards his face. She twisted her hips and pushed her shoulder forward in an imitation of his earlier demonstration.
Previous

Return to Coruscant's Underworld