Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

OOC RP Planning and Dispute Resolution

Master Moderator
Master Moderator

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:38 pm

IC disputes settled OOC

This is a place where you can go to settle all of your IC issues with someone.

Rules of the thread.

1. Not personal insults
2. Everything here is ooc there is to be no rp here
3. NO FOUL LANGUAGE, Do not attempt to circumvent the word filter, do not star out foul language just don't use it at all.
4. All other site rules apply.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: IC disputes settled OOC

WOW! Not many disputes settled OOC on this planet! LOL

Hey guys! Many of you know me as Seleevan Khar, or around here, as Syla Ulfsdottir.

I have this char, Atia, Sels widdow, whom has a bunch of pesky religious fanatics whom believe Sel to be a God. 5000 Triarii Battlepriests of Seleevan Khar, witch she whants to secrefice, fighting jedi.

So My idea is to settle them donw on the planet using a Civilian transport. then let them attack the closest target, may it be a Powerplant , a shield generator, or a darned seven-eleven. whatever.

what i whant to do though, is Squad-based combat. Downgrade the 5000 elite type troops into 50, or 100, representing the entire force, and have a nice battle agaisnt overwhelming jedi forces, maybe 1/2, or 1/3, or whatever we whant to do... maybe regulate it so only 2 squads/vehicles per player.

Let the objective be attack for atia, and defence for the jedi, and the outcome of the objective NOT set in stone, but in the end I whant the fanatics to die all of them....

any takers?

Affiliation:

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:54 pm

Hola, for those who don't know...it's me, Aaron/Ander, lol.

I actually like this idea, and could double as a more personal war experience for individual Jedi here. Doctor Joseph was going to be stopping by anyways, with GROW, and it would be nice to have a medical group around to help people who normally heal here, like Tebana and Mai.

The only issue I might see is that they JUST concluded a major RP arc, and so waiting until things can be smoothed over on Yavin 4 and Osarian might be a better idea.
On top of that, Ksandra Mallan/Xinyi Chong, Jago Pulastra/Donald Gori, and Tonaris Phedi/Tony Hinton are on Coruscant right now fulfilling a long over due story arc regarding Ksandra's origins. And those three are major Yavin 4 players.
So...if the rest of you guys like this idea, that's awesome, I would advise that it wait long enough for everyone to be collected together once more, because it's a great opportunity I wouldn't want any long-standing Yavinites to miss.

Affiliation:

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:03 pm

Was my idea also, but setting the RP "ruels" and such down WILL take a while, and while that arc is done for, and everybody had a breahter, we chould still plan this thing...

and It wont be a major RP, just something on the side for the troops to handle.

Just whanted to start the planning in time, so we can start when everybody feel like it.

Affiliation:

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:03 am

Well, get the Yavin crew together, and see what they think!

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:44 am

Trying to.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:09 am

Hey everyone i havent been on much for a while but i have been looking for a place to RP and i have heard alot about yavin 4. I was hoping i could occupy the Temple of Exar Kun, so that i can Rp there, but since my character is a sith, he will not like being disturbed if you understand. I would like to bring out my characters story here, if anyone could help me out by giving permission to continue or if anyone would like to help me persue my goal and what not, please post here as i will check back or a PM would be just as good.. thank you.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:18 am

Ok cool i can see when im not wanted.

Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:19 pm

Hey, Yavin IV peoples. Not entirely sure which one of the group is actually in charge of the planet as a whole, so figure I'll post my intentions here. I'm really trying to find a planet where the writers respond within a decent time frame unlike Korriban or Rattatak where I'm waiting for a freaking day just to find out the posting is nowhere near that of mine. Soooooo........what I have in mind is something along the lines of the Firefly episode "Out of Gas".

For those who aren't fanatics like meself, the episode consists of Serenity's engine being damaged in an explosion. As a result, the crew is left with hardly any oxygen and Mal must locate a replacement catalyzer before he runs out of air.

Rowyn's ship, Persephone, is pretty much in the same situation. Her life support is gone to restore power to the engines which are near failing again, communications were knocked off-line on Dorin, along with her shields, and the lights went out above Korriban making it hard to tell if the ship is occupied or just a floating junker.

If y'all would be kind to oblige, the scenario will go something like this:

Rowyn and Cara (his co-pilot) arrive a few thousand miles from Yavin IV's orbit. The fleets/orbital stations (which ever y'all have) pick up a small blip on their radar. As Persephone inches closer, suspicions are aroused. Communications are attempted, but no response is given. Persephone is then picked up by one of the vessels in orbit or a search team is sent to board the freighter and check for a crew. At this point, Rowyn's personal comlink is able to establish communications with whoever boards the ship.

I'd really like this to be a long-term RP, eventually making my way planet-side. Never had the chance to start a story arc on Yavin IV, so I figured this would be a hell of a way to go about doing such.

Let me know what y'all think.

Cheers.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:19 pm

:

viewtopic.php?p=1288197#p1288197

Welcome you all here on Yavin. You've entered our space and are so it seems hell bent on pulling us into a fight.

Now, this site has reinforced rules that aim at protecting the integrity of characters and of plots that are played out. Both the colour systems in the Traveller's Guide and the personal profile ones help to minimize friction. (If you are unsure of how that system works, please refer to this general outline of the Traveler's Guide viewtopic.php?f=1002&t=19714 and our entry here: viewtopic.php?f=190&t=2741)

However, you have blatantly ignored the yellow standing of Yavin at this point. We are not joking about that status. All our main characters are wrapped up in a long RPing arc that does absorb all our attention and that would go completely irrelevant should any of them be killed by a spontaneous RP such as your clearly intended attack on Yavin Station. Which brings me to the second point: you've also ignored the fact that all our characters are put on yellow or even red mode for that exact reason.

Now, I personally and the Council Writers of Yavin agree with me on this one, want to avoid a huge infraction report which will only tire us out and try our nerves. It's clear that you haven't done your homework and the rules would be on our side, should we choose to file such a report.

I would suggest that you find a way to change your current arc into something that will make sense and respect the rules, so that we don't have to start voiding all of what's already been written. We will shortly come up with a way to achieve that, which will permit for a good turn around of the situation and will make complete sense IC.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Affiliation:

Post Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:34 pm

OOC: To Tebana Sor and the rest of the Yavin Jedi:

Since I use to rp with most of you back on 1.0 under the name T'Challa Vos. I would like to point out that I knew about the yellow standing on Yavin , how your characters are wrapped up in a long RPing arc that does absorb all our attention(which is why yall to a long while to reply when I posted in Open Orbit and that all of you have your traffic lights set to either yellow or red to avoid a random death of your characters that wasn't talked over with either of you.

So basically, I did my homework.(Also I'm still a member of the Praxum group and I been reading most of everyone's rps which are really really good, If I had a different rp turn, I would really like to work with all of you. But that's besides the point) I was under the impression that Angel Silri privately contacted the Yavin group and had the entire rp planned out from beginning to end. Guess she didn't. :(

I know nobody wants to go through a infraction report so hopefully we can all come together and work something out but making this little rp exciting.

Thank You*

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:47 pm

OOC: Right folks, the pause is called.

Now, I don't want to completely null and void anything if it can be helped. I also don't want to call for an infraction report. And I don't want to fight OOC with you guys.

But our OOC requests on the Traveller's Guide have been ignored, and we DO have the right to make those requests and expect them to be listened to.

I WOULD like to RP with you. Your posts in Yavin's Orbit have been really good RP, and I hate to let that go to waste. BUT, put simply, our stories, our reaaaally long term planned RPs, all the effort and time we have put into our stories together, including at least two RP arcs that have been planned for the past year, need to be our priority. For us, they're the most important thing. They're the main reason we play together, and they are what have made us all such good friends. They ARE our priority. At current, not only has the un-expected and not-at-all-discussed attacks interrupted one of our pre-planned RPs, but the intention threatens to end that Arc, and everything we've spent a year working towards.

With that in mind, however this ends, we have one very definite requirement; we are in a position to continue those stories. Which means that the intended IC result of killing us all is a no go. Now, we'll quite happily RP with you, and fairly; but you wont find a single one of us prepared to kill our characters off. We don't want you to make it EASY on us, because we enjoy writing decent and exciting RPs, but at the end of it, our characters need to be relatively ok. Atleast in a position to heal up later.

Viron... T'Challa, old friend, thank you for being honest. And thanks for agreeing to talk. I do hope we can sort something out that everyone is content with.*

Affiliation:

Post Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:56 pm

OOC: I hope so to, old friend*

Affiliation:

Post Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:34 pm

[ooc:5g7g6e3f][quote="Ronan Starflare":5g7g6e3f]Alrightey folks, as you might have noticed, we were under a little bit of a threat here for the past day and a half or so.

Well Kassy, and Jago entered into chat with the person who plays Angel Silri, the main conspirator behind the plot to attack us, and managed to talk her out of it, citing our pre-existing RPs that are in the works. She took it quite well, and, in fact, has decided to let us be in peace until a later date when we can agree on an RP opportunity between our two groups.

So, CRISIS AVERTED!

Thanks guys,

Ro/Mike

P.S. Dave, Don says he wants a promotion and two new Starfighters for doing this :P[/quote:5g7g6e3f][/ooc:5g7g6e3f]

[ooc:5g7g6e3f]So in other words, the attack is canceled and all the Yavin Jedi can continue what they were doing before I showed up(with a bunch of sith hiding inside the cruiser I was commanding)

As for every sith involved in the rp, I'm sending all of you a pm on what to do next

Thank you and have a nice day[/ooc:5g7g6e3f]

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/YELLOW.png[/img]

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:40 am

So..... The Warship has jumped? What of this Silri and Azriel? They're obviously part of the plot as Azriel was asking after Angel Silri. Not that I believe Azriel is his real name.
Probably could have pulled this off.
Just need a master and I could've controlled the Mraz for you Dav but rules are rules.
Ok. Azriel still seems intent on going to the station so i'll stick with that.

P.S. Well said Betti. Your a true diplomat. lol. x

Affiliation:

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:53 am

OOC: Thank you all for your help in resolving this issue.

Like I said, I would love for this to be resolved IC as well. Just to mind continuity. A simple IC reason would be that as Ronan has stated, this is a planet that has an Academy. We don't have any prisons either on the Station or in the Praxeum that would allow us to hold a Sith prisoner. Considering the universe, a normal reaction would in fact be to send them off to the Ommerike for repairs and then Coruscant for the prisoner. But of course that is up to you. That's just how I'd see it from a Jedi side.

On another note, I am glad that we've managed to talk to each other and that no fighting ensued. A clear proof that things can be worked out on JvS. We as well would be more than happy to arrange for a plot (half scripted or not) at a later stage, when all our characters can actually participate to the full of their writer's abilities. Don't hesitate to call on any of the Council Members specified in the Traveler Guide.

A good day to you all.*

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:55 am

OOC: I think Tebana summed it up.

So where do we take it from here? I'll get the ball rolling with responses from the Mraz, and Angel and T'Challa, if you're both still reading here, if you want to drop me a PM, I'm sure we can come up with something to bring this to a wrap in a manner suitably decent, and also possibly come up with some loose ideas for a future RP.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:52 pm

OOC: Well, this seems to be an OOC topic, so here I go.

Just wondering if I should watch out for any space-battles/odd things when I pop out of hypaspace.*

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:56 pm

OOC: At the moment the surface is under alert, so i'd recomend radioing in to Yavin Control.*

Affiliation:

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:57 pm

[quote="Igni":5r5w9osr][ooc:5r5w9osr]At the moment the surface is under alert, so i'd recomend radioing in to Yavin Control.[/ooc:5r5w9osr][/quote:5r5w9osr]

Nothing in space though? Besides the ground red alert thingy.
Next

Return to Yavin 4