Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Hyperspace

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/GREEN.png[/img]

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Re: GPE-7300 space transport, "Chariklo"

[quote="Neassa Or'dinii":5irx50e9][action:5irx50e9]Her amused arching of her left eyebrow is hidden beneath her buy'ce as, wondering who has robes as a standard part of their wardrobe other than [i:5irx50e9]jetii[/i:5irx50e9] or [i:5irx50e9]dar'jetii[/i:5irx50e9], Neassa evidences the first signs of a sense of humor as she says dryly, which might or might not come across over her [i:5irx50e9]buy'ce's[/i:5irx50e9] speaker,[/action:5irx50e9] [comlink:5irx50e9]Unless you mean a bathrobe, no. [narration:5irx50e9]Guessing that she has an idea of where [i:5irx50e9]Operator[/i:5irx50e9] is going, Neassa says,[/narration:5irx50e9] I do have a black trench coat though. [narration:5irx50e9][i:5irx50e9]Operator[/i:5irx50e9] is a few inches taller than Neassa and has a more voluptuous figure than her own wiry, athletic build and so Neassa adds,[/narration:5irx50e9] It'll be a little short on you but should fit alright otherwise. Will that work with what you have in mind?[/comlink:5irx50e9][/quote:5irx50e9]
[color=#BF0080:5irx50e9][b:5irx50e9][i:5irx50e9]Isabelle tilted her head slightly to the right with furrowed brow and a surprised yet amused smiled across her face.[/i:5irx50e9][/b:5irx50e9][/color:5irx50e9]

[i:5irx50e9][color=#BF00FF:5irx50e9]A sense of humor? Now there's something I hadn't expected given all interactions leading to now. I wonder why the friendly talk now? It seems...out of place, but refreshing. I'm not sure I like this. What did her and the Mysterious Man talk about that I wouldn't know about? Is that rodder casting me off to the side now that I've done my part in all of this? I should have known better than to trust a man. --Of course there is the chance that she just has the rough exterior until she gets to trust you, in which case I wonder why or how she would already trust me. Questions that need answering I suppose. We'll see how this goes, and I'll stay ready for anything.[/color:5irx50e9][/i:5irx50e9]

[b:5irx50e9]"[/b:5irx50e9][color=#FF80FF:5irx50e9]Yes, probably.[/color:5irx50e9][b:5irx50e9]"[/b:5irx50e9]

[quote="Neassa Or'dinii":5irx50e9][action:5irx50e9]Pushing off the wall, Neassa nods towards the corridor leading back to the cabins and says to [i:5irx50e9]Operator[/i:5irx50e9],[/action:5irx50e9] [comlink:5irx50e9]Come on, I'll show you the coat, [action:5irx50e9]and then leads the way to her cabin.[/action:5irx50e9] [narration:5irx50e9]Neassa's cabin is just as spartan as the rest of the ship has been, with few personal touches other than the simple and unadorned shrine which she uses in her daily [i:5irx50e9]aay'han[/i:5irx50e9].[/narration:5irx50e9] [action:5irx50e9]Opening the closet in the room, revealing a sparse wardrobe consisting primarily of loose fitting, nondescript casual clothing and, perhaps surprisingly, a few business suits that she uses when employing an alias that requires them, Neassa takes out the black trench coat she has in mind as fitting what [i:5irx50e9]Operator[/i:5irx50e9] is looking for, a black, double breasted and belted military style great coat, and holds out towards [i:5irx50e9]Operator[/i:5irx50e9] as she asks,[/action:5irx50e9] What do you think?[/comlink:5irx50e9][/quote:5irx50e9]
[b:5irx50e9][i:5irx50e9][color=#BF0080:5irx50e9]Isabelle grabs her makeup and dye then follows Neassa to her cabin. The master thief takes a good look around out of habit really on the way there as well as when they enter the room.[/color:5irx50e9][/i:5irx50e9][/b:5irx50e9]

[i:5irx50e9][color=#BF00FF:5irx50e9]Well this is as boring as the rest of the ship. She is clearly either a neat freak or she is hiding something about herself...or I guess she could have just had a military upbringing being a Mandalorian, I've seen a number of rooms similar to this one from various military personnel, they've all got something to hide. I wonder what's in her closet, hell I wonder what's under that helmet. I still haven't seen her face, even when I was tracking her. Does she ever take it off? --What? Oh right, the coat.[/color:5irx50e9][/i:5irx50e9]

[b:5irx50e9]"[/b:5irx50e9][color=#FF80FF:5irx50e9]That will do perfectly. Thank you.[/color:5irx50e9][b:5irx50e9]"[/b:5irx50e9]

[color=#BF0080:5irx50e9][b:5irx50e9][i:5irx50e9]She smiles again and takes the coat to examine it closer. Satisfied she slides her arm into one of the sleeves and then the other before pulling over her shoulders and flipping her hair out of the back with both hands. She looks down at the coat and swings her arms and shoulders side to side to test the maneuverability of the coat in action before she looks back at Neassa with slightly squinted eyes and pursed lips, a rather quizzical expression on her face.[/i:5irx50e9][/b:5irx50e9][/color:5irx50e9]

[color=#BF00FF:5irx50e9][i:5irx50e9]She has a number of outfits in her closet, albeit a small number, so she has to get out of that armor at least some of the time, unless she is a secret shopaholic and just likes to buy new clothes because she likes them or they're on sale. But if that were the case they would probably be more stylish, and maybe more form fitting, I mean I wouldn't be caught dead in most of the things in that sorry excuse for a wardrobe, though there is the occasional job that has me dress down quite a bit.[/i:5irx50e9][/color:5irx50e9]

[b:5irx50e9]"[/b:5irx50e9][color=#FF80FF:5irx50e9]You know, if you want to build some trust with the people you're going to be recruiting I'd start by exploring some other wardrobe options. To some,[/color:5irx50e9][b:5irx50e9]"[/b:5irx50e9]

[b:5irx50e9][i:5irx50e9][color=#BF0080:5irx50e9]She points back toward the door with her thumb to emphasize Drake with a smile.[/color:5irx50e9][/i:5irx50e9][/b:5irx50e9]

[b:5irx50e9]"[/b:5irx50e9]the T-visor and blood-red impenetrable armor might send another message entirely. It's all about presentation.[b:5irx50e9]"[/b:5irx50e9]

[quote="Siroun Dadurian":5irx50e9][action:5irx50e9]Looking away from her arm as Iggy raises the injector towards her arm after explaining the functions of the identification markers she will be having implanted, Siroun says,[/action:5irx50e9] "That all sounds quite reasonable Iggy, thank you, [action:5irx50e9]and, wincing as the chip is is injected, smiles when the droid says they are done with the implantation, reaching for her drink and taking a sip before setting the glass back down and beginning to roll her sleeve down after flexing her arm a few times and asking,[/action:5irx50e9] I believe that you will be showing me the ship and my office now? [action:5irx50e9]Finished rolling her sleeve down, Siorun adjusts her suit coat's sleeve and motions towards the door as she asks,[/action:5irx50e9] Shall we then?"

[action:5irx50e9]As they begin making their way towards the hangar bay, Siroun asks,[/action:5irx50e9] "Do you know if I will be onboard the ship the majority of the time, or here on the Station? I have some brought some personal belongings with me and so would need to know where my primary quarters will be before I begin unpacking."[/quote:5irx50e9]
[npc name=Iggy:5irx50e9][action:5irx50e9]Stiffly the droid begins the trek toward the hangar bay, leading Siroun to the ship as she asks her questions.[/action:5irx50e9][comlink:5irx50e9]I don't have any information regarding where you will spend most of your time, however I believe you have been provided with a personal assistant who may have further answers for you.[/comlink:5irx50e9]

[action:5irx50e9]Iggy continues to walk as briskly as possible to the hangar bay but takes an alternative route to a secondary bay, one that Siroun has not been to yet which contains the ship designated for the mission[/action:5irx50e9][narration:5irx50e9]As they arrive it is noticeable that work continues on ship modifications, more weapons being added is the most apparent one being that it is on the outside of the ship. And what should be a familiar [url=http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/56958/2653761-organization_insignia.jpg:5irx50e9]insignia[/url:5irx50e9] being added to the side of the ship, the very insignia that is displayed on walls and uniforms around the Perses Station.[/narration:5irx50e9][action:5irx50e9]Iggy stops walking as they reach the entrance to the hangar.[/action:5irx50e9][comlink:5irx50e9]This is where I must leave you Doctor, your identification markers will allow you access to the hangar as well as access to the ship. Your personal assistant will meet you inside the ship to inform you of the next steps. I must say it has been a pleasure meeting you.[/comlink:5irx50e9][/npc:5irx50e9]

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:40 pm

GPE-7300 space transport, "Chariklo"

[size=50:13zlujxu][ooc:13zlujxu]Events take place after return from Korriban recon mission.[/ooc:13zlujxu][/size:13zlujxu]

[quote="Inferno":13zlujxu]"You don't know the half of it... Oh, so nothing [i:13zlujxu]too[/i:13zlujxu] invasive then," [color=#FFBF00:13zlujxu]he in jest at the mention of a prostate exam. [/color:13zlujxu] "I guess I'll deal with that when I deal with it." [color=#FFBF00:13zlujxu]He ultimately resigned.[/color:13zlujxu] "That's pretty much all I need to know." [color=#FFBF00:13zlujxu]He nodded to the woman in gratitude, his signature half-smile reappearing,[/color:13zlujxu] "thanks."[/quote:13zlujxu]

[action:13zlujxu]Neassa smiles, holding her hands up out at her sides as she says cheerfully,[/action:13zlujxu] "My pleasure," [narration:13zlujxu]having noted his assertion that the wacky wild stuff he had shared was not all of the wacky wild stuff there was to know about him but deciding not to pursue the subject. They may have fought alongside one another and seem to be getting along rather well but Neassa, having already detected a hint of . . . something she can't quite put a finger on in Inferno's tone when talking about clones and his own membership in that club, thinks it is a subject he is not particularly inclined to explore at the moment, if ever.[/narration:13zlujxu]

[action:13zlujxu]Taking a step back into the corridor, Neassa suggests,[/action:13zlujxu] "Get some rest. Grab something to eat or use the fresher if you want to. My ship is your ship and so on, [action:13zlujxu]and then nods, concluding by saying,[/action:13zlujxu] [i:13zlujxu]Shuk'la[/i:13zlujxu] will let us know when we're nearing the station," [action:13zlujxu]and then sketches a jaunty salute and heads back forward to grab a change of clothes and use the fresher before getting some rack time herself.[/action:13zlujxu]

[action:13zlujxu]After getting cleaned up and changing into a pair of loose fitting khaki cargo pants and an olive colored short sleeved tee, Neassa instructs [i:13zlujxu]Shuk'la[/i:13zlujxu] to wake her when they are 10 minutes out from Perses Station and then enters her cabin to grab what sleep she can to shake off the exhaustion the day's events have left her with.[/action:13zlujxu]

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Hyperspace

Inferno offered his own salute by flicking two fingers off his brow as Neassa took her leave.
Removing and hanging up his cloak, the Echani clone enters the fresher to get cleaned up a bit - showers not one of the few luxuries afforded on the Bugger world of Geonosis. Once feeling considerably refreshed in appearance, Inferno gets dressed again and lies down on the bunk, staring blankly at the wall for a few moments.
For someone who used to live in his freighter and travel the galaxy regularly, the clone couldn't quite get used to the boring confines of a ship in hyperspace. Regardless, this time it didn't take him long to find rest on a bed that was actually comfortable; thereafter slumber quickly embraced him, as he expected he would have some time to sleep before being informed of their arrival to his new job.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:59 pm

Perses Station - Hangar

*As the Chariklo, piloted by her FEG-series pilot droid, Shuk'la, extends it's landing gear and, perpendicular to the ground, descends towards it's assigned landing bay after entering the station's hangar, Neassa, having been awakened when the droid had announced they were ten minutes out from the station, pulls on her dark brown Neo-leather flight jacket and makes her way aft to the boarding ramp, looking for Inferno along the way.

Walking down the boarding ramp, her right hand resting lightly on the handle of the DL-44 heavy blaster holstered on her right thigh, Neassa nods to the members of the station's hangar crew as they approach her ship to see that it is refuled and checked over for any maintenance issues, guessing that Inferno will be along shortly.

Walking a few feet away from her ship to take a look at how the modifications are progressing on the team's CR90 corvette, Neassa watches the techs and other crew at work on the vessel, which looks nearly complete and ready to set out in her estimation, as she waits for Inferno to show up.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:11 am

Inferno, stirred awake when informed that they have arrived at their destination, rolled off the bunk to his feet and grabbed his cloak, pulling it over him and raising the hood up to conceal his face as he walked out to meet with Shepherd...
Stepping down the ship's ramp in an unhurried pace, the Echani found the human woman and made his way over to her, his head turning back and forth as his eyes scanned the immediate area.

"Not bad," he says after a sharp wolf-whistle at the Corvette, "is that gonna be our new toy?"
The entire station seemed impressice to the clone, and he wondered how much of it he was going to be allowed to see.
Then he wondered how much of it they'd actually be able to keep him out of.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:53 am

Perses Station - Hangar

*Nodding when Inferno asks if the corvette is their new toy, Neassa explains,* "Our home away from home when we're not here on the station. Think mobile HQ. It's been modified to suit that purpose. Shooting range, fitness center, sparring area, that kind of thing. Looks like she's almost ready too. We'll have to check it out later."

*Nodding towards a set of doors leading away from the hangar, Neassa says,* "Come on, *beginning to walk towards the doors as she explains,* I'll take you to see Doc Iyengar first, get that over with for you. Then we'll see if Operator is around, report in, let you meet her. *Smiling enigmatically, Neassa says,* That's going to be fun."

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:54 pm

"Awesome!" Inferno replied optimistically to Neassa's little spiel over the corvette being their mobile HQ. All of this certainly was beginning to seem a lot more exciting to him now that he was getting to see what he'd gotten himself into. "I still get my own room too, right?" He asked in regards to something she had promised him back on Geonosis during the recruiting stage of their relationship.
The clone followed her as she continued walking, hurrying his normally more ambling gait in order to walk beside her. Although he slowed his steps just scarcely when he heard mention of going to see a doctor.
"Oh right... that..." He remarked, lacking any previous enthusiasm, but then buffed up his demeanor a bit to mask his wariness and continued walking. Audibly clearing his throat, he continued in somewhat artificial gusto, "sure, lets... get that over with."
Hearing her comment of certain fun in their future caused him to brighten up a bit, however. The clone never had been necessarily fixed on one state of mind not mannerism for too long. "So far the entirety of this little adventure has been a real blast."

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:38 am

Re: Perses Station - Hangar

*Smiling at Inferno's enthusiastic reaction to seeing their corvette, Neassa nods when he asks about getting his own room as promised,* "You even get to decorate and organize it however you want. Cool, huh? *Frowning sympathetically when his enthusiasm dampens at the mention of the physical exam, Neassa punches him companionably on the arm and says,* Don't sweat it. Be over and done with before you know it," *and then, the biometric implant in her arm signaling the doors leading into the station opening when they come into range of the scanners, leads him down the corridor the doors open onto to the station's medical bay, pointing out the dining hall and other areas he will have access to along the way as they pass them.*

Medical Bay

*Once inside the medical bay, Neassa goes to the nurses station and informs the head nurse that she is here to have Inferno checked out by Dr. Iyengar. The nurse contacts Iyengar and then tells Neassa and Inferno that she will be arriving shortly.*

*The wait for Dr. Iyengar, a thirty five year old short, plump, olive complected Chalactan with reddish brown hair and an energetic and relentlessly cheerful disposition, is not a long one at all and, her hands in the pockets of her white lab coat as she strides quickly towards the nurses station, she greets Neassa and Inferno ebulliently in her lyrical and rather loud voice,* "Nessie! Lovely to see you again hon'! Inferno! So nice to finally meet you love! *Waving her hands in a shooing motion after whipping them out of her pockets, Kalyani tells Neassa,* Go on now then! Away with you! Don't you have to report in? Go, go!"

*Neassa grins and sketches a salute to Inferno, saying,* "I'll be back, *then tells Kalyani,* Go easy on him, huh doc?"

*Kalyani laughs and points towards the doors as she tells Neassa,* "Go! *As Neassa turns and heads out, Kalyani takes Inferno by the arm and begins leading him to an exam room as she says,* Now don't you let her scare you love! This will all be perfectly painless I promise! *Once inside the exam room, Kalyani says just as cheerfully and loudly as she has said everything else,* Alrighty! Just strip down to your shorts and hop up on the exam table and lay down love! Ok? Ok!"

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:39 pm

Nessie... that is so being used against her the next chance I get. The clone thought to himself as the rather boisterous doctor came in to greet them before ushering Neassa away. He would never admit to appreciating her final words to the doctor to 'go easy on him,' though he figured it may have been for naught when he was instructed to strip down and lay on the exam table.
Being uncharacteristically silent for the moment, Inferno did as instructed and removed his cloak, shoes socks and pants before climbing onto the table and lying flat on his back. Spending the majority of his time shirtless, he wasn't particularly conservative when it came to his muscled body, but if she was going to start sticking pointy objects into him then his current stoic facade might dissipate fairly quickly.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Perses Station - Medical Bay

*Once Inferno is laying on the table, Kaylani, having gone to collect the items she will need for the exam, walks over towards the table and booms cheerfully*, "Ok then! Here we go! First, *she takes her RFX/K Medisensor, linked via a data transfer module with the medical bay's full medical computer, from the pocket of her labcoat and explains,* we will do a full scan to see if you have injuries or illnesses! *Walking slowly from the foot of the exam table to the top, passing the Medisensor over Inferno's body, Kaylani cheerfully goes on,* After that we'll get the blood work and implantation of your markers over and done with! Then the poking and prodding are all done! Well, except for the questions I'll be asking to get a full patient history! *Kaylani laughs at her little joke, having reached the head of the exam table and says cheerfully,* Ok, you can sit up now love! I should have the results in just a minute here!"

*Taking a blood pressure cuff from another lab coat pocket after setting the Medisensor on a counter top near the exam bed, Kaylani says cheerfully,* "Give us your arm then love, come on! While we're at it, why don't we get some of those questions out of the way too, Ok? Ok! Ready? Here we go love! We'll start with some easy ones! Are you on or have you ever been on any kind of medication? Do you have any implanted medical devices or imbedded foreign objects from traumas like slugs, stints, joint replacements, bullets or other implanted objects?"

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:55 pm

"No worries," Inferno said a bit sardonically in answer to the doctor's assurances. "I love having foreign objects stuck inside my body...."
Once she's finished with the body scan he sat up on the table, a bit relieved that it was painless - not that he necessarily minded pain, he just wasn't overly fond of venturing into something he knows very little about and being left vulnerable to someone he doesn't know to trust.
Offering his arm up to have his blood pressure taken, he endured the collection of medical questions and answered them as truthfully as he could.
"Lets see... no medication. I have been shot a few times but I'm pretty sure they managed to get all the really big pieces out. Oh, and I did have a heart transplant a couple years ago. My old one wasn't doing so well after it was punctured and "
His nervous rambling trailed off, his eyes darted back and forth a couple times before he finally said, "that's it."

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:50 am

Re: Perses Station - Medical Bay

*Kaylani laughs earthily when Inferno jokes about loving to have foreign objects stuck inside his body, holding her hands up as she jokes back,* "Whoa there love! We'll get to the questions about your sexual history in just a minute! *Laughing again, Kaylani nods as she removes the blood pressure cuff after getting the reading, taking a datapad from the side pocket of her lab coat and noting the reading in the patient chart she begins preparing for Inferno, and then noting his answers to her questions, looking up at him searchingly when he gets to the part about having a heart transplant and, since she finds his answer bizarre, continues looking at him for a moment before, deciding that he must be having a laugh, laughing and reaching out to lightly smack his arm as she says,* You almost had me there love! *Shaking her head with an amused smile, Kaylani repeats,* Ripped out of your chest! Funny!"

"Ok! *Kaylani says, setting the datapad down beside the medisensor and looking at the latter quickly to see if it has compiled a report of any findings from the scan yet, seeing it has not. Picking up the supplies she had gathered for drawing blood samples, Kaylani says,* Now for the not so fun part love! It'll be over in a jiffy though! *After she has put a tourniquet on Inferno's arm, she says,* Make a fist for me! There you go! OK, great! You have lovely veins! *To distract him from what she's doing Kaylani says,* Next questions! Have you ever undergone a series of injections? What about being diagnosed with any permanent condition love? Anything like either of those I should know about? *Having disinfected the area she planned to puncture and then inspected her needle before inserting it deftly into the vein she had selected on the first try somewhere around 'permanent condition' and then removing the tourniquet, Kaylani has collected enough blood for her tests, two tubes full, by the time she finishes her questions and so, upon finishing her questions, places a piece of gauze atop the puncture site as she says,* Go on and open your hand now love! OK! That wasn't so bad, was it?"

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:27 am

Perses Station - Hangar

*Clasping her hands behind her back as she follows alongside Iggy, Siroun nods when the droid explains that it does not have the answers to her questions but will be provided with a personal assistant that will be able to provide them for her.

When they arrive at the entrance to a different hangar bay from the one that her ship had landed in and Iggy says that she will be continuing on the ship alone and will meet her assistant onboard, Siroun says,*
"Thank you Iggy. It was a pleasure meeting you as well," *before nodding a farewell and then, the chip that has been implanted in her arm allowing her to access the hangar as Iggy had explained, enters the hangar.

Siroun can see, as she approaches the , that is still being worked on, indicating that whatever the mission is that The Organization has in mind for the individuals she has been hired to evaluate, it is not yet at the point where it will begin in earnest.

Walking up the boarding ramp, Siroun enters the corridor beyond its entrance, seeing a turbolift ahead and to her right and, seeing no sign of her personal assistant as yet, walks forward along the corridor a little ways to see what else there is to see, staying near enough to be seen from the turbolift should her assistant arrive by means of the lift.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Perses Station - Medical Bay (Figured Out How To Do This!)

No one ever takes that seriously... the Clone thought inwardly as he subtly rolled his eyes at the fact that the doctor clearly didn't believe him. It didn't make too much difference ultimately, if he had a clean bill of health then that was all that mattered.
He balled his hand into a fist and winced long before she actually got the needle in his arm, anticipating not the pain, but what was going to make its way into the sample tube. A blackened crimson fluid swirled about inside the tube as she drew his blood; it was more alien than it should have been, and continued waving about even after it should have settled, as if the matter inside was actually trying either to attack itself or meld violently together. Inferno imagined that would raise some questions, so he attempted some preemptive explanation when she asked if he'd undergone any injections or suffered from a permanent condition.
"Well I haven't, technically. But I was cloned by someone who had."
He imagined that would provoke a need for explanation of the Monstar Virus which was injected into the late Silver Mereel when he was just a boy - technically him and twenty or so other children who didn't survive - him being the only survivor, not that that would be clich├â┬® or anything... He would need to explain how the virus affects muscle tissue and bone synthesis, as well as stamina, not much unlike a form of anabolic steroids, allowing Inferno to possess strength and speed of a somewhat super-human nature even without aid from the Force - which is powergaming at worst and definitely not God Moding.
It also possesses potential mutation factors which affected Silver in way that it probably won't affect his clones; so far Inferno has sprouted wings or taken on any other unusually monstrous physical qualities.
How cool would wings be though, right? That would actually be pretty awesome...
... Oh, and the virus also might contribute to Inferno's blood pressure being abnormally high, which I forgot to mention in the last post when his blood pressure was actually being taken, so I'm mentioning it now.
I'm going to stop breaking the Fourth Wall now and get back to whatever it was we were doing before this...

"Experimental bio-engineering," Inferno offered a brief explanation of the injections he'd mentioned before, as well as a weak explanation for his blood being the way it is, "with untested steroid compounds. I guess that makes me somewhat of a junkie, except that I only tried it once, from what I understand, and it just kind of stuck. Also the fact that I'm the clone of a clone might make my DNA significantly less stable; I really don't know the science behind that, except that the fact that I'm not horrendously mutated is nothing short of a miracle of the Force..."
Again he ended his rambling with darting eyes around the time the doctor had finished drawing his blood and dressing the puncture area with a gauze pad. He relaxed his arm and unclenched his fist, twisting his wrist a bit in attempt to will the feeling back into his fingers. The amount of blood removed from his body was already starting to make him feel a bit faint. He knew he'd get over that after he'd gotten something to eat.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:42 pm

*Kaylani, her attention having been primarily on getting the swab over the puncture site on Inferno's arm and checking to make sure their is no excessive bleeding rather than on the tubes of his blood that she had taken, has just turned her attention to those tubes and, her eyes widening in surprise and concern, is about to comment on them when Inferno begins explaining that the individual he had been cloned from had been the subject of bio-engineering experimentation.

Still looking a little concerned and surprised, Kaylani says, her chipperness only slightly dampened as she is occupied with trying to absorb all that she has been told and determining what she has been told will require in terms of having Inferno as a patient,*
"So much for this being a standard exam, huh love! *Lifting a hand to tap her temple, her lips pursed in thought, Kaylani says,* Let's start with a few questions, OK? OK! Do you suffer from any adverse side effects I should know about love? How about transfusions if you would ever need them? You said it only required one treatment from what you understand but that you are technically an addict? What did you mean love? Do you have any psychological symptoms of withdrawal? What do you know about what the actual results, for you, were? I imagine the intent was to enhance your strength, reflexes, that kind of thing, yes? Did it work?"

*Kaylani manages to stop asking questions at that point, figuring that his answers might answer some of the other questions she has. She picks up her datapad and begins recording the results of the exam and the patient history questions so far so that she can continue to note Inferno's answers.* *Inferno seems, so far as Kaylani can conclude without the results of the blood work and scan, to be in good health; meaning that the experimentation, if nothing else, at least had no adverse physical effects.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:35 am

Inferno endured yet another onslaught of questions from the eager doctor, and did his best to answer all of them based on what information he had previously gathered on the emperiment. "No, no negative side-effects really. I can still accept tranfusions compatible with O- type blood, just don't ask me to donate my blood to anyone else, because as far as I know it could kill them. The uhm... comment about me being a junkie was supposed to be a joke..." He grinned a bit sheepishly. "It wasn't funny."
As he started talking about it, he found that it wasn't really all the difficult to explain what he could understand. He went on the explain the symptoms of the virus with a nod, "more or less, it did. When my adrenaline kicks up I experience bouts of extraordinary strength and speed. Otherwise I'm pretty much just a regular guy. With Force powers."
He didn't really know what else to say, but figured he'd covered most of what he knew. If the doctor had any more questions then he would try to answer them if he could.

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:33 am

*Kaylani, making notes as Inferno speaks and looking mildly confused when he says the comment about being an addict was a joke, finishes her notes, sets her datapad down and says,* "OK love! I think we're just about all finished here! *Picking up her medisensor and reading the results, smiles and tells Inferno,* Looks like you're disease and major physical trauma free love! As soon as we get the results of the blood work back, assuming that goop can even be tested, *she laughs,* I imagine we'll be giving you a clean bill of health and declaring you fit for duty! Isn't that great! OK! *Kaylani stands up and takes a lollipop out of a pocket of her lab coat and hands it to Inferno, saying,* Here you go love! Blumfruit flavor! Yummy! Let's go . . . Oops! *Kaylani says, lifting her hands in the air and then walking to the counter to pick up an injection gun,* Almost forgot your chip! Wouldn't want that would we? No! *With no fanfare or warning, Kaylani puts the gun's tip on Inferno's right forearm and injects the chip and then holding the injection gun up announces,* There we go! OK! Let's go see if Nessie is back, OK? OK!"

*Neassa is indeed back, talking with a tall female Kaminoan nurse, and Kaylani holds her arms out and announces,* "She's back! OK! *Handing Neassa a lollipop, Kaylani asks,* Did you report in pet? *Neassa is able to nod before Kaylani says,* OK! Great! Why don't you go get Inferno here to the mess before he passes out?"

*Neassa, trying not to laugh at Kaylani's enthusiasm, hands her lollipop to him as she says to Inferno,* "We better do what she says, huh? Doctor's orders and all. *Waving to Kaylani, Neassa says,* Take it easy doc, *and then nods towards the medcenter's exit and starts walking towards it as she asks,* How'd it go? We'll go grab you something to eat and then I'll show you to your quarters here on the station. After that, if you're feeling up to it, I can take you to meet Dr. Dadurian, our shrink. She'll be doing a psych evaluation. *Laughing at the idea of Dadurian trying to make heads or tails of Inferno, Neassa says,* Should be a laugh," *and continues on towards the mess hall.*

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:19 pm

Perses Station - Medical Bay

"Ow!" Inferno yelped, not so much from pain than from shock, when the chip was injected rather unceremoniously into his arm. After a moment, he examines his forearm and bobs his head in satisfaction, "that wasn't so bad."
Popping the lollipop into his mouth, the clone began to get dressed, tossing his pants, shoes, and cloak back on, and of course slinging his sheathed sword over his back when Nessie was announced to have arrived just in time for them to have finished up.
"Thanks, Doc." He said while holding the lollipop between his teeth, and began walking with Neassa to the Mess Hall. He was definitely feeling a bit faint, suggested by his slower gait than usual as well as his pale face.
"I hate giving blood..." He muttered in response to Neassa's question on how things went. "Otherwise it wasn't so bad."
He tilted his head to one side, inquiringly, when she mentioned another doctor, this time a shrink, who would also need to evaluate him. "Think there's something wrong with me head, do you?"
<<I certainly do....>> A familiar voice quietly reformed in Inferno's head. Unexpected, as illustrated by the Echani's sudden expression of startlement and confusion. It was a voice he hadn't heard since he'd been enslaved on Geonosis, and had considered the idea that the neural restraint collar had unfocused his mind enough to disallow the voice to butt itself into his head. "Oh crap." He said out loud, but to no one in particular. "I really should have kept that collar..."

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/RED.png[/img]

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: Perses Station - Hangar

[quote="Siroun Dadurian":3shilao6][action:3shilao6]Walking up the boarding ramp, Siroun enters the corridor beyond its entrance, seeing a turbolift ahead and to her right and, seeing no sign of her personal assistant as yet, walks forward along the corridor a little ways to see what else there is to see, staying near enough to be seen from the turbolift should her assistant arrive by means of the lift.[/action:3shilao6][/quote:3shilao6]
[narration:3shilao6]The entrance level of the ship it is still rather plain on the inside as that particular stage of the remodel hasn't occurred yet and plans are still being sorted out for what will be in this particular area. As the turbolift arrives there is a notification ding and the lift doors open to see a [url=http://www.starscolor.com/images/shawn-ashmore-01.jpg:3shilao6]young man[/url:3shilao6] in a white button up shirt with a tie and khakis is standing there. He seems mildly out of place in the Organization to the average person but in a company that deals in intelligence and espionage first impressions may be omitted from record on occasion[/narration:3shilao6][action:3shilao6]The young man steps out of the lift and looks around for the person he is meeting, quickly he spots a woman moving toward the construction zone and he exits the elevator walking toward her briskly[/action:3shilao6] Excuse me, Dr. Dadurian?

Player's Guild
Player's Guild

Affiliation:

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: Perses Station - Mess Hall

[quote="Inferno":1zxxjeou]"I hate giving blood..." [color=#FFBF00:1zxxjeou]He muttered in response to Neassa's question on how things went.[/color:1zxxjeou] "Otherwise it wasn't so bad."
[color=#FFBF00:1zxxjeou]He tilted his head to one side, inquiringly, when she mentioned another doctor, this time a shrink, who would also need to evaluate him.[/color:1zxxjeou] "Think there's something wrong with me head, do you?"

"Oh crap." [color=#FFBF00:1zxxjeou]He said out loud, but to no one in particular.[/color:1zxxjeou] "I really should have kept that collar..."[/quote:1zxxjeou]

[action:1zxxjeou]Neassa smiles sympathetically when Inferno grouses about his dislike of giving blood, laughing with a shake of her head when he asks if the reason for the visit with the shrink is that she thinks there's anything wrong with his head, explaining,[/action:1zxxjeou] "SOP, that's all. Make sure you aren't gonna lose your Sithspit when and if we have to go into the Sithspit. [action:1zxxjeou]Patting his back as they enter the mess hall, she teasingly assures him,[/action:1zxxjeou] Me? I think you're a nut, but not a [i:1zxxjeou]nut[/i:1zxxjeou] nut, [action:1zxxjeou]and then, looking confused when he says he should have kept a collar, asks,[/action:1zxxjeou] The Force inhibitor? Why would you have kept that? Souvenir?"

[action:1zxxjeou]Heading for one of the serving lines, Neassa checks out the fare available and, crinkling her nose, asks the blue skinned Ortolan dishing things out,[/action:1zxxjeou] "Do I event want to know what this is? [action:1zxxjeou]When the Ortolan explains that she is looking at Icefish served with Ramoran capanata, Neassa shrugs and asks Inferno,[/action:1zxxjeou] Who knew, huh?"

[action:1zxxjeou]Once she and Inferno find a place to sit, Neassa begins cutting her Icefish as she says,[/action:1zxxjeou] "If you need anything; clothes, gear, stuff to keep you entertained, that kind of thing, just let me know and I'll see about getting it requisitioned for you, alright? You'll probably have a bit of time to relax, recuperate, get to know the station and so on before we're mission ready. [i:1zxxjeou]M[/i:1zxxjeou]'s got a bead on our next candidate, so I'll be heading out soon to try and get them to sign on. [action:1zxxjeou]Smiling as she sets her knife down, Neassa bobs her eyebrows and says,[/action:1zxxjeou] So it shouldn't be too long before we have some playmates for you."
PreviousNext

Return to Within Hyperspace