Information: The new forums are now open: http://boards.jedivsith.com. We've disabled all posting here on the old forum, but you can view everything.

Questions? Comments?

Post here to apply for vacant positions on the news staff.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:04 pm

Questions? Comments?

If you have any questions about the application process, or questions or comments about the project, leave them here.

Post Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: Questions? Comments?

I will comment that I like the idea of a Holonews team, kuddos to you guys, However, will the GBA be covered under the "Sports" section?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Indeed it will...all news of galactic import will be reported on here.

Retired High Councilor
Retired High Councilor

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:07 am

can the entry I sent in please be under an NPC, I have used him on Corellia before, just didn't remember to us him instead of my main...

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:29 am

How about also a economist section? New ventures, businesses, takeovers, etc etc

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:34 am

Also i was thinking that the holo men should like do biographical or life story stuff of the great guys here and post it on the jvs wiki.

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/BLUE.png[/img]

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:25 am

Now, this is all strictly IC news correct. A "reporter" cannot report on something that they have no way to gain IC knowledge of right? For example, say I enacted media suppression on one of the Imperium worlds to hide a growing mobilization. I activly RPed it as away from any media sources and the activities in secret. Would a reporter be able to just ignore this and post it anyway?

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:05 am

Will the information reported by the Holo News Team need to be gathered IC, or can the reporters just read posts to gather the information?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:13 am

[quote="Brask de Wett":35oys59s]How about also a economist section? New ventures, businesses, takeovers, etc etc[/quote:35oys59s]

This section has been added. Thank you for the suggestion.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:16 am

[quote="Brask de Wett":1kel9o1q]Also i was thinking that the holo men should like do biographical or life story stuff of the great guys here and post it on the jvs wiki.[/quote:1kel9o1q]

Because of the current infrequency of character deaths, there will be a section of the Holo News Weekly Edition that is dedicated to spotlighting a random character in the JvS universe. It will be researched and written by the Obituaries/biographies reporter. If there is a death (or multiple deaths) that week, the boigraphies of the deceased will take precedent over the random bio's.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:20 am

[quote="Matar Lyndruss":m4kw05gj]Now, this is all strictly IC news correct. A "reporter" cannot report on something that they have no way to gain IC knowledge of right? For example, say I enacted media suppression on one of the Imperium worlds to hide a growing mobilization. I activly RPed it as away from any media sources and the activities in secret. Would a reporter be able to just ignore this and post it anyway?[/quote:m4kw05gj]

[quote="Seqera Fallen":m4kw05gj]Will the information reported by the Holo News Team need to be gathered IC, or can the reporters just read posts to gather the information?[/quote:m4kw05gj]

You are correct, Matar. This is strictly IC. All news stories must be compiled by reporters (IC) actually going out into the field and researching the topics they are reporting on, via. interviews, observation, spy cams, satellites, etc. All articles will be fact-checked, AND checked to make sure that the information was gathered IC (by the Editor) before going public. A media black-out, depending on how thorough it is, will effectively prevent your secret doings from becoming front page news.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:25 am

[quote="Dunta Coral":24pr1doh]can the entry I sent in please be under an NPC, I have used him on Corellia before, just didn't remember to us him instead of my main...[/quote:24pr1doh]

Because of the extent to which a reporter would actually be participating in the universe (through spying, interviewing, etc.) I strongly discourage the use of an NPC for the Holo News Team. Not only does it make things more difficult for you, but it also means that your NPC would be harder to find if someone who you reported on wanted to "silence" you...permanently. Remember, this is completely IC, and therefore, your character will be in the field researching and putting him/herself on the line, exposing themselves to dangers, and possibly risking death, to get the information to the people.

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:18 am

What about Advertising? Would we be allowed to post adverstisments for stuff?

Affiliation:

Traffic Light: [img]http://www.jedivsith.com/images/ORANGE.png[/img]

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:15 am

I sent you a PM Iium, but what's the possiblity of having 2-3 sports reporters, mostly to do round-table sort of set-ups? Analyzing sporting events (I use the GBA since I don't know of any others...) and getting a breakdown of events, persons, etc. ?

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:50 am

I am not interested in being a reporter, but I am willing to be a contact. If I hear anything, you will. If you need anything ask me.

All for the right price that is.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:25 am

[quote="Nellum Ssor":22orosnd]What about Advertising? Would we be allowed to post adverstisments for stuff?[/quote:22orosnd]

There will be a classifieds section for businesses and individuals to advertise.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:27 am

[quote="Kel Sentriss":2h8vvjh7]I sent you a PM Iium, but what's the possiblity of having 2-3 sports reporters, mostly to do round-table sort of set-ups? Analyzing sporting events (I use the GBA since I don't know of any others...) and getting a breakdown of events, persons, etc. ?[/quote:2h8vvjh7]

This may be a possibility as a subsidary of the Holo News Net. The HNN will be a newspaper-style forum where articles will be published. The round-table idea may take the form of a sub-section within the HNN. I will leave it to the editors discretion as to how he wishes to integrate it.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:29 am

[quote="G. Hanz":28r6yeg4]I am not interested in being a reporter, but I am willing to be a contact. If I hear anything, you will. If you need anything ask me.

All for the right price that is.[/quote:28r6yeg4]

As our reporters will not be omnipotent, and will have to discover all their information IC, they will certainly be in need of informants (confidential or otherwise). Once HNN is up and running, feel free to contact the reporters and offer your information services.

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:48 pm

How about a black list or bounty hunters list for ffa hunts?

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:48 pm

What about an enviromental reporter, pop culture reporter, WEATHER MAN!!!!!
that'd be freaking awesome.....

Anchor
::What's the weather going to be like James?::

James
::FREAKING COLD!!::

Anchor
::Thank you James::

......aahhh, good times. XD
Next

Return to Holo News Vacancies